PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Where are you Mecca?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DaFace
12-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Just for the record, I hate you all. I don't care if you're a True Fan or a Drafturbulator. You all suck.

Bwana
12-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Just for the record, I hate you all. I don't care if you're a True Fan or a Drafturbulator. You all suck.

Well yeah......

http://www.plateoftheday.com/food_blog/nightTrainNThunderbird.gif

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 11:13 PM

bring back tags

BossChief
12-23-2010, 11:13 PM

bring back tags

The Bad Guy
12-23-2010, 11:14 PM
While I don't think he'll ever be a special player, the coaching up there certainly isn't helping his, or any of their other player's causes.

I think the coaching has actually been fine up there. They are getting the most out of every piece on the roster.

Maybin has been on 2 coaching staffs and he can't even sniff the field. Huge red flag.

SNR
12-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Just for the record, I hate you all. I don't care if you're a True Fan or a Drafturbulator. You all suck.http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3940/1211141iits4xw2.gif

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:15 PM
I wonder how Tyson would be looking by now if he hadn't gotten injured on MNF. He had like 6 or 7 tackles in what was basically a half a game and was looking very solid.

Why do you need to wonder?

It's not like he hasn't played since.

He's played in 10 games, 17 solo tackles.

Over half of those, 9, are against SD.

Coincidence?

DaFace
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3940/1211141iits4xw2.gif

Awww...now I feel bad. You suck less.

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I think the coaching has actually been fine up there. They are getting the most out of every piece on the roster.

Maybin has been on 2 coaching staffs and he can't even sniff the field. Huge red flag.

I know a few guys on this Chiefs roster that couldn't get on the field either, and they're two of our most important players now.

Again, not saying he'll ever be anything special. Just making a point.

stevieray
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
I'll never understand talking about or getting frustrated about what could've been.... it's useless, IMO. I highly doubt anyone here lives their life in that context...doesn't make it wrong....just don't relate.

..reminds me of a boss who told me I married the wrong sister.

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Is anyone planning on sticking around for a while?

I'm dying for some football conversation, but this thread's starting to slow down.

SNR
12-23-2010, 11:22 PM

I'm dying for some football conversation, but this thread's starting to slow down.
I'll be out after another few glasses of wine, but do continue. Can we talk about how I'm gay for Clay Matthews? That guy is ROWDY

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 11:24 PM

I would but I'm not very smart. I always liked Cassel.

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll be out after another few glasses of wine, but do continue. Can we talk about how I'm gay for Clay Matthews? That guy is ROWDY

Matthews = God Mode.

And FWIW, I'll be out for the count shortly as well. Woodford Reserve = God Mode.

beach tribe
12-23-2010, 11:26 PM
That's my frustration.

You can get a goddamn 5-technique anywhere in the draft.

We spent the 3rd most valuable pick in the draft on one, and passed on elite talent to do so.

Maclin, Nicks, Harvin, even Oher on offense?

Cushing, Matthews, Raji on defense?

Any of those players, and I highly doubt we're 4-12 last year, and I highly doubt we're sweating a playoff spot right now. We'd already be in, and ****ing dangerous, IMO.

I'm so sick of hearing about the fucking Tyson Jackson pick.
It was ONE FUCKING PICK, and he still hasn't had the amount of time that DLinemen need to develop. You show me a GM that nails every single move he's ever made, and then maybe I'll bitch about this every day too. Fact is Pioli has tuned a 2-14 team into a Playoff squad in two off-seasons.
Stop holding on to the one "I told you so" That you guys have left, and GET OVER IT.

Anyone of those players, and we're EASILY in the POs, and dangerous huh?

No, Not without Casey Weigman, Ryan Lilja, Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Shaun Smith, Tony Moeaki, Matt Cassel, Charlie Weis, and Romeo Crennel we're not. Not even Close.
GET OVER IT.

beach tribe
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I know a few guys on this Chiefs roster that couldn't get on the field either, and they're two of our most important players now.

Again, not saying he'll ever be anything special. Just making a point.

Tamba was written off not too long ago as well.

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I would but I'm not very smart. I always liked Cassel.

I've never disliked him as a person. I don't know the cat.

He's been better than I thought he could even be, I'll admit.

I'm still not sure he can be good enough, however.

I'm sick of QB's that can win regular season games. We've had plenty of those through the years.

I want a guy that can win the last fucking game of the year. And then put us in position to do it again. And again. I want a guy that can be part of a dynasty.

I'm not sold Cassel can be that guy.

Of all the football opinions I've ever held, this is the one - most of all - that I hope I'm wrong about.

Rams Fan
12-23-2010, 11:33 PM

I'm sick of QB's that can win regular season games. We've had plenty of those through the years.

I want a guy that can win the last ****ing game of the year. And then put us in position to do it again. And again. I want a guy that can be part of a dynasty.

Of all the football opinions I've ever held, this is the one - most of all - that I hope I'm wrong about.

You'll find out soon.

SNR
12-23-2010, 11:36 PM

I want a guy that can win the last fucking game of the year. And then put us in position to do it again. And again. I want a guy that can be part of a dynasty.

Of all the football opinions I've ever held, this is the one - most of all - that I hope I'm wrong about.I think it's a start if he closes out these last two home games. They're going to be tougher than people think. Especially the Raiders

KurtCobain
12-23-2010, 11:40 PM

I want a guy that can win the last ****ing game of the year. And then put us in position to do it again. And again. I want a guy that can be part of a dynasty.

This guy has the fire IMO. I can see him blwoing up come playoff time. He's gotta prove it first though, I guess, and hopefully he'll get his shot this year to get some experience. Seriously, if we lose a home playoff game, I DO NOT think it will be because of Cassel's play.

OnTheWarpath58
12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
This guy has the fire IMO. I can see him blwoing up come playoff time. He's gotta prove it first though, I guess, and hopefully he'll get his shot this year to get some experience. Seriously, if we lose a home playoff game, I DO NOT think it will be because of Cassel's play.

I've posted a few times that poor play from Cassel is the only reason I'd be upset with a playoff loss.

If he plays well, and we're just outmatched, I'll be content with the fact that a young team got some invaluable experience, seeing first-hand the intensity of playoff football.

But if he plays like shit in a game that solid QB play would have gotten us a ticket to the next round, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

First things, first. Let's win Sunday.

SNR
12-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Another thing on Cassel is that I've been REALLY impressed with his footwork in the pocket and out of the pocket. He was always a lot better rolling out, but I think he's finally found a sweet spot, where he can calm down, and actually GO THROUGH MULTIPLE READS. Shocking, because that's something I didn't see him do once in the entire Cleveland game.

I'm trying to figure out which QB in the NFL these days he resembles, and I really can't think of any. He's kind of a weird-looking guy when he takes the snap. His skill set is kind of unique, too. He's not really a runner or a sit-in-the-pocket-and-fire kind of guy. But lately he's been doing a lot of the important things that good QBs in the NFL do. Especially in the St. Louis game. Didn't take sacks (within reason that is) and found plays when he needed to.

I don't know how much more improvement we're going to see out of him, but I hope this isn't the end of the line. Because I love his demeanor and leadership on and off the field, not to mention his work ethic. I'd like to see him improve to the point of being that tough-as-nails-win-the-big-one QB we've been searching for.

Short Leash Hootie
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning play poorly in the postseason all of the time...

why would you be upset if Cassel played one poor playoff game?

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:00 AM

why would you be upset if Cassel played one poor playoff game?They've also played 5 PHENOMINAL games in the postseason for every clunker they have.

Cassel going 0-1 in the playoffs (in terms of good and bad games, not wins and losses) doesn't really encourage us or the coaching staff that he is the guy necessarily

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:00 AM

Have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning proven that they can win in the playoffs?

I think they've earned the occasional pass for less than elite play.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:01 AM

It would be a shining I told you so moment, and would further damn Matt Cassel in the eyes of his detractors for the rest of his tenure in KC, no matter what he accomplishes, short of winning the SB.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:01 AM
how did Matt Ryan fare in his first postseason game?

Writing Cassel off if he plays one poor postseason game is ridiculous.

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Writing Cassel off if he plays one poor postseason game is ridiculous.This goes back to treating Cassel like he's a goddamn rookie.

He's too old to be doing this shit.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:06 AM
In 2006 Rivers (and the 14-2 Chargers) lost in the divisional because Rivers could only complete 14-32 passes at home despite full beast mode LDT running for 130 yards...

I'm sure Chargers fans wanted to draft a new QB...

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:06 AM

Writing Cassel off if he plays one poor postseason game is ridiculous.

Who said anything about writing him off?

I said I'd be disappointed if poor QB play kept this team from moving on.

But if he plays like shit in a game that solid QB play would have gotten us a ticket to the next round, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:07 AM
This goes back to treating Cassel like he's a goddamn rookie.

This.

beach tribe
Have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning proven that they can win in the playoffs?

I think they've earned the occasional pass for less than elite play.

This is true. They have earned it, but if Cassel has a bad game, some will be unwaveringly convinced that he will never be able to win a PO game, even though they never thought that he would be performing the way he is today.
I still can't understand, why people are incapable of realizing that they are incapable of realizing what Matt Cassel is or isn't incapable of.;)

Short Leash Hootie

lol

ok

he's too old

got it

by the way in 2008 the Pats were 7-5 and needed to win out to have a chance and Cassel played lights out down the stretch and they finished 11-5 (still missed out)...

these games are playoff games...

Cassel just won another "playoff" game on Sunday...

we get to 11 and he's a stud if you ask me

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:08 AM

Doing what shit? Performing at a higher level than everyone not named Brady for the last 6 weeks or so?

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:10 AM
lol

ok

he's too old

got it

by the way in 2008 the Pats were 7-5 and needed to win out to have a chance and Cassel played lights out down the stretch and they finished 11-5 (still missed out)...

these games are playoff games...

Cassel just won another "playoff" game on Sunday...

we get to 11 and he's a stud if you ask me

C'mon.

The Rams, Titans and Raiders are not playoff-caliber opponents.

These are crucial games against inferior opponents. They are games a franchise QB should win.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't care how old Cassel is...

he's still an inexperienced QB that is learning on the job and improving week in and week out..

this could be Tom Brady all over again

Tom Brady was nothing more than a game manager when the Pats won their first Super Bowl and the early success made him great...

swagger and confidence are the two most important traits a QB can have...

I've always said that the early success was the biggest reason Tom Brady went from any old QB to Tom fucking Brady.

You guys think if he didn't end up in New England we'd think of him the way we think of him now?

I know we wouldn't...he stumbled into a perfect situation with a revolutionary coaching staff...

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Doing what shit? Performing at a higher level than everyone not named Brady for the last 6 weeks or so?

I think he meant he's too old to continue to be compared to guys 5-6 years younger that struggled in the playoffs.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:11 AM
C'mon.

The Rams, Titans and Raiders are not playoff-caliber opponents.

These are crucial games against inferior opponents. They are games a franchise QB should win.

these are ALL playoff games

every single one of them

and we're facing a Titans team that is beaming with confidence...they want to play spoiler...they have Britt back...Collins is throwing darts...and they don't have to deal with the Vince Young distraction

this is, by no means, an easy game

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
And here we go with the weekly "disrespect Tom Brady" rant.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:13 AM
I think he meant he's too old to continue to be compared to guys 5-6 years younger that struggled in the playoffs.

a 22 year old Matt Ryan had far more experience and polish than a 27 year old Matt Cassel

QB's (especially with Cassel's athletic ability) can play until they are 35-40 years old...

why does anyone care that Cassel is 28? Everyone bitched because we took a 27 year old Cassel instead of a 22 year old...

but Sanchez fucking sucks

so score 1 for Pioli I guess

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
these are ALL playoff games

every single one of them

and we're facing a Titans team that is beaming with confidence...they want to play spoiler...they have Britt back...Collins is throwing darts...and they don't have to deal with the Vince Young distraction

this is, by no means, an easy game

Good to see you have your excuses all lined up should we lose, and made a potential win even more impressive than it would be.

Impressive.

You make it sound as if the 99 Rams are coming to town.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
And here we go with the weekly "disrespect Tom Brady" rant.

how is that disrespect?

he's outplaying Peyton Manning this year

easily...

not even close

he's a great, great, great QB

but lets say he was drafted by the Bengals in the 6th round instead of the Pats...

would we have EVER heard of Tom Brady?

would we have EVER spoken of Tom Brady as perhaps the greatest ever?

Hell fucking no.

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't care how old Cassel is...

he's still an inexperienced QB that is learning on the job and improving week in and week out..

this could be Tom Brady all over again

Tom Brady was nothing more than a game manager when the Pats won their first Super Bowl and the early success made him great...

swagger and confidence are the two most important traits a QB can have...

I've always said that the early success was the biggest reason Tom Brady went from any old QB to Tom fucking Brady.

You guys think if he didn't end up in New England we'd think of him the way we think of him now?

I know we wouldn't...he stumbled into a perfect situation with a revolutionary coaching staff...No, he's not Tom Brady. Tom Brady won a championship in the first season he started.

Matt Cassel's getting there, no doubt. But he's had 3 (nearly) full seasons of starting experience. Spent time on the bench, learning playbooks, getting comfortable, watching a future HOFer do it for several seasons, and has a great offensive mind coaching him.

AND he's got experience. And a great rushing attack.

He's been doing great this year. It's time to show it. He's not a rookie. If he poops himself with a bunch of interceptions and a sub 50% completion percentage then maybe he's still not a bad QB, but I don't think he's a franchise guy.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Good to see you have your excuses all lined up should we lose, and made a potential win even more impressive than it would be.

Impressive.

You make it sound as if the 99 Rams are coming to town.

excuses?

uhm, what?

THANKFULLY...I think we match up pretty well with the Titans...since CJ doesn't really scare me against our defense and our secondary is much more talented than Houston's so Collins isn't going to rape us PLUS we'll have a buzzing Arrowhead...

but this game, nor the Oakland game...are layups...and they are playoff games. ABSOLUTELY, MUST WIN GAMES...

isn't that the definition of playoff games?

Cassel was nails down the stretch in 08...if he replicates his performance (and he's a better QB now) and we finish 11-5...

I see NO REASON why we couldn't reach the Super Bowl...just need a bounce or two.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm saying it'll take more than 1 playoff game, either way, to make any sort of determination into what kind of QB Matt Cassel is...

158.3 or 0.0

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:18 AM
a 22 year old Matt Ryan had far more experience and polish than a 27 year old Matt Cassel

QB's (especially with Cassel's athletic ability) can play until they are 35-40 years old...

why does anyone care that Cassel is 28? Everyone bitched because we took a 27 year old Cassel instead of a 22 year old...

but Sanchez fucking sucks

so score 1 for Pioli I guessJust give Sanchez some time. He's inexperienced. Who cares how old he is? Why does that matter if Sanchez has a bad game in the playoffs?

c wat i did thar

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:20 AM
well Sanchez fails the eye test

he looks like a fucking midget retard out there...that's never good as an NFL QB

of course Cassel was total fail for the first 2 weeks this season as well so maybe Sanchez can have a miracle turn around but I just don't see it...

I think he's always going to blow nutsack.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:20 AM
but this game, nor the Oakland game...are layups...and they are playoff games. ABSOLUTELY, MUST WIN GAMES...

isn't that the definition of playoff games?

Not arguing about them being must win games.

They are must win games. Against inferior opponents.

A playoff game is a must win game against one of the best teams in the conference.

Neither Tennessee nor Oakland are anything resembling a good team, much less one of the best in the AFC.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:21 AM

I can understand that, and it is completely plausible, but I think you have to chock it up to how much time he's spent under center in real game action. I understand that he's been the league longer, but there just isn't a substitute for playing time. I don't care how many snaps a QB has taken in practice with the 2nd string. I think his play is more indicative of his number of starts, and until he stops getting better, and better, as he has been throughout this season, I'm going to assume that the trend will continue.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Oakland has the ability to play like an excellent team and a terrible team...they are a Jekyll and Hyde team (is that the right metaphor?)

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Oakland has the ability to play like an excellent team and a terrible team...they are a Jekyll and Hyde team (is that the right metaphor?)

They need a better QB.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:24 AM

he looks like a ****ing midget retard out there...that's never good as an NFL QB

of course Cassel was total fail for the first 2 weeks this season as well so maybe Sanchez can have a miracle turn around but I just don't see it...

I think he's always going to blow nutsack.

Yeah, Sanchez fails the eye test so far, but Cassel looked freakin horrible too.

As much as my gut tells me that Sanchez just doesn't have it, I have to remember that these things are VERY tricky to call, and only a fool can say that he knows for sure, because he doesn't.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't know for sure...

but I'd put a hefty bet on it...

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:27 AM

he looks like a fucking midget retard out there...that's never good as an NFL QB

I think he's always going to blow nutsack.Cassel isn't failing the eyetest anymore. That's good.

Based on what Haley and Weis have been giving him all year, I think Cassel's ready to have an average game in the playoffs. Something that doesn't get the team killed but isn't the greatest. Something like the Colts game Matt. Maybe Bowe will actually catch a TD and we'll win the game and Cassel will look better than he actually was. That's part of playing the position.

If he does better than that, sweet. But if he shits his pants, he's worked too hard and improved too much to let it happen like that.

It really doesn't matter. He's going to start at QB again next year anyway. But that's when he BETTER prove he's starting QB material in tough games. I don't know how many chances you can give a QB before you pull the plug.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't know for sure...

but I'd put a hefty bet on it...

Heh, I would too.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:28 AM

Oakland has played like an excellent team precisely ONCE this year, the 2nd matchup against the Chargers.

Otherwise, their wins have come against either shitty teams or teams that beat themselves.

JOhn
12-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Were is the Cake? :harumph:

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Oakland has played like an excellent team precisely ONCE this year, the 2nd matchup against the Chargers.

Otherwise, their wins have come against either shitty teams or teams that beat themselves.

how many quality wins does New England have?

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
It's the damn NFL...I don't get this "quality" wins bullshit...

every win is a quality win

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:32 AM

beach tribe

I agree completely.

OnTheWarpath58
It really doesn't matter. He's going to start at QB again next year anyway. But that's when he BETTER prove he's starting QB material in tough games. I don't know how many chances you can give a QB before you pull the plug.

This.

He's going to face some good defenses next year.

Chicago
Green Bay
Minnesota
Baltimore or Pittsburgh
New England
Jets

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:33 AM
the Jets will never, ever, ever, ever scare me

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:33 AM
how many quality wins does New England have?

Don't know. Haven't looked it up.

I know from memory that Atlanta has 5. I believe that's the most in the league right now.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:34 AM
the Jets will never, ever, ever, ever scare me

Of course they won't.

But the Raiders and Titans, look out.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:36 AM
This.

He's going to face some good defenses next year.

Chicago
Green Bay
Minnesota
Baltimore or Pittsburgh
New England
Jets

Like SF this season? Next year could be a different story, and who is to say, his development, or the entire teams development for that matter, has hit it's peak?

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Don't know. Haven't looked it up.

I know from memory that Atlanta has 5. I believe that's the most in the league right now.

What do you consider a quality win? A win against a team that is over .500?

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:37 AM

Oh, bullshit.

If I wanted to spend the time, I'm sure I'd find a post of yours where you've said something to the extent of:

"They have a good record, but they haven't played anybody."

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Of course they won't.

But the Raiders and Titans, look out.LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Like SF this season? Next year could be a different story, and who is to say, his development, or the entire teams development for that matter, has hit it's peak?

Next year could be a different story. Absolutely.

Maybe one or two of those defenses take a huge step back.

No way all six do.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I'd rather face the Jets at home this week than the Titans at home...

that's 100% truth

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 12:43 AM

that's 100% truth

JFC

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm off to bed.

Hootie, I have to say, it's actually enjoyable talking ball with you when you stick to football, and keep the personal shit to a minimum.

Let's do it again sometime.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:44 AM

No way all six do.

True, but if one offense in particular keeps stepping forward, we won't need them all to take a step back. Year two under Weis will probably be better than year one IMO.

KurtCobain
12-24-2010, 12:44 AM

that's 100% truth

The Titans scare the shit out of me. I know about the amazing super-duper young potential-full secondary of ours, but I feel like Kerry Collins might tear it up after CJ rips a few long ones. Hopefully the 12th man can throw TEN into a penalty fury and we can keep them off the field untill we establish a good lead.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm off to bed.

Hootie, I have to say, it's actually enjoyable talking ball with you when you stick to football, and keep the personal shit to a minimum.

take our shirts off and kiss?

beach tribe
I'm off to bed.

Rest well. Merry Christmas.

Short Leash Hootie
we match up SO WELL against the Jets it's not even funny

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:46 AM
hey tribe I'm game for madden real quick if you're bored...my headset is broken though

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
hey tribe I'm game for madden real quick if you're bored...my headset is broken though

Sounds good. let me fire it up. Stay on here though. My set is fuqued too.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
friend me

scary berry 29

KurtCobain
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
take our shirts off and kiss?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv5itT2fvBKfpdcLKKebXHB8HOJfWWpNItF8WnrM2-ZO3kTRJFXQ

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:49 AM
gross

WebGem
12-24-2010, 12:51 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv5itT2fvBKfpdcLKKebXHB8HOJfWWpNItF8WnrM2-ZO3kTRJFXQ

:eek:

wat

this isnt twitter but #cmonman

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Almost there. I'm building an HTPC right now, so I gotta get my shit straight. gimme a sec.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Not arguing about them being must win games.

They are must win games. Against inferior opponents.

A playoff game is a must win game against one of the best teams in the conference.

Neither Tennessee nor Oakland are anything resembling a good team, much less one of the best in the AFC.

While there's some truth, when you're in a must-win situation, a win is a win. And St. Louis, Tennessee, and Oakland aren't the Panthers. Especially the last two teams, when they're motivated and not beating themselves, they are dangerous teams. I think you're short-selling how big the win against St. Louis was for Cassel. I don't care about the strength of the opponent. That was an away game against an average team in a situation where the rest of the team completely shit the bed, especially his receivers. That was a big time display of leadership at a time when the team absolutely needed him.

We both agree on what Cassel needs to do, but let's be real here... if the Chiefs lose, haters still gonna hate, homers still gonna make excuses. Cassel is likely not going to throw for 300 yards, because that's just not the offense the Chiefs run. I feel like anything short of that and critics will say "that's not good enough." I'm cool with what you said as long as people are fair in how they evaluate it. Because I'll be honest--I don't worry as much about our offense as I do about our defense in the playoffs.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 01:03 AM
They've also played 5 PHENOMINAL games in the postseason for every clunker they have.

Cassel going 0-1 in the playoffs (in terms of good and bad games, not wins and losses) doesn't really encourage us or the coaching staff that he is the guy necessarily

Manning is a .500 QB in the postseaon, at 9-9. He's had more games with a QB rating under 70 (5) than he has had games with a QB rating over 100 (4), and 3 of those 5 low rated games have been ratings in the 30s..

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 01:14 AM
dude why is your internet connection so damn shitty?

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 01:27 AM
I'll give you credit by saying you play the one defense I hate playing against...it's a terrible defense that deep passing teams can exploit but I don't play that way

but I take that credit away because you have such a shit, shit, shit connection

kysirsoze
12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
I'll give you credit by saying you play the one defense I hate playing against...it's a terrible defense that deep passing teams can exploit but I don't play that way

but I take that credit away because you have such a shit, shit, shit connection

Does that mean he won??? DO NT LEAVE US IN SUSPENCZE!!!!!

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 01:41 AM
he is really annoying to play against...

pause after pause after pause after pause

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:13 AM
ok it was close...

I won 47-14 with two Scary Berry user picks (one for a TD)

kysirsoze
12-24-2010, 02:16 AM
ok it was close...

I won 47-14 with two Scary Berry user picks (one for a TD)

Ha...what happened to the rest of the trash talk here? As soon as I quoted it, it was gone.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Ha...what happened to the rest of the trash talk here? As soon as I quoted it, it was gone.

Meh

I was just laughing because he was all "I play real football" and then he didn't punt on 4th and long like 3 times...

I played like garbage...he featured the one defense that I really can't figure out because I run a super quick hit offense...don't use any deep passes...

I like being in 1st and 2nd downs only...

I had a lot of 3rd and 3s and 4th and 2s...which I can usually pick up...

but it took me a half to get going

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:22 AM
oh and I also had a Scary Berry forced fumble...

I'll be honest...I might be the best video game safety in the history of the world.

kysirsoze
12-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Meh

I was just laughing because he was all "I play real football" and then he didn't punt on 4th and long like 3 times...

I played like garbage...he featured the one defense that I really can't figure out because I run a super quick hit offense...don't use any deep passes...

I've always been really casual about Madden but liked it. This year, though, it started to lose me. I don't like the new game flow thing and even when I call my own plays, they make audibles more difficult to pull off quickly. Also the gross imbalance in favor of offense is out of control.

It is fun playing with a nearly unstoppable JC, though.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Meh

I had no choice. I knew I would never stop you. you're way outta my league.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:26 AM
he is really annoying to play against...

pause after pause after pause after pause

I had just gotten the roster update and didn't have my lineup right

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:28 AM
I think Gameflow is awesome...but I don't use it online.

The audible system is the best addition to the game since QB vision...

you can audible the same formation to like 5 different plays...it's awesome...

I audible 90% of my offensive plays...

I run the same 5 plays (with different hot routes) but no one ever knows which one I'm going to run because I use the same two formations and I'm always out of the gun...

The offensive imbalance is out of control...I only play good players online so games turn into a onside kick, go for two, first person to fuck up and get picked off or force a fumble loses...

I average probably 1.5 user picks with Berry per game...and I tackle with RB (force fumble) every single time...

I've had 6 minute (15 second run off) games go in the 70s (both teams) before...

I've had games where I get 500 total yards of offense with Charles...

(although I do think they put a patch in the game to make RB's less effective...I haven't broken a HUGE TD in a while now and I used to get 3 or 4 a game just with manual jukes with Charles)...

I went from averaging like 15 YPC to 7 YPC...

Shit...beach held me to 16 for 95...

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:28 AM
I had just gotten the roster update and didn't have my lineup right

oh, that makes sense...

my bad dude

I am used to dumbasses never setting and saving that shit so pauses have really grown to annoy me

I had to pause to put Flowers on Bowe...forgot to do that before the game

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Honestly I've never played a game so hard. it seriously felt like playing against beast mode. I had no chance after 2nd half. Berry was every where. it's like his guys my guys were in slowmo in comparison. His sticks skills, and reaction time is sick.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:31 AM
shit I average about 0.3 picks per game and I almost threw about 4...

I HATE that defense so much...if he mixed in a cover 2 here and there I could have been doomed with my quick hits to the flats...

plus when those lineman drop back it makes draw plays really hard to execute...

that and Berry is so damn fast I can't ever hit McCluster deep like I like to...and the one time I tested McGraw I should've been picked...

just a frustrating D...it's the one D that really, really slows me down

kysirsoze
12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
The audible options are cool, but the extra button they added slows it down. Maybe if I played enough that I could be automatic it would be different.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
I think Gameflow is awesome...but I don't use it online.

The audible system is the best addition to the game since QB vision...

you can audible the same formation to like 5 different plays...it's awesome...

I audible 90% of my offensive plays...

I run the same 5 plays (with different hot routes) but no one ever knows which one I'm going to run because I use the same two formations and I'm always out of the gun...

The offensive imbalance is out of control...I only play good players online so games turn into a onside kick, go for two, first person to **** up and get picked off or force a fumble loses...

I average probably 1.5 user picks with Berry per game...and I tackle with RB (force fumble) every single time...

I've had 6 minute (15 second run off) games go in the 70s (both teams) before...

I've had games where I get 500 total yards of offense with Charles...

(although I do think they put a patch in the game to make RB's less effective...I haven't broken a HUGE TD in a while now and I used to get 3 or 4 a game just with manual jukes with Charles)...

I went from averaging like 15 YPC to 7 YPC...

Shit...beach held me to 16 for 95...
You're crazy good in coverage with Berry. Jumpin everything.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Honestly I've never played a game so hard. it seriously felt like playing against beast mode. I had no chance after 2nd half. Berry was every where. it's like his guys my guys were in slowmo in comparison. His sticks skills, and reaction time is sick.

I wish I played more Chiefs fans so they could appreciate my Scary Berry 29 handle with my avatar all decked out in Tennessee gear...no one ever gets it...

My video game Berry is really scary...

I've been WAITING FOR YEARS for the Chiefs to have a fast safety so I could enjoy playing with them online...

It is funny though...how far the Chiefs have come...a lot of people won't play the Chiefs, Raiders, Titans or Eagles online...those are the four best teams in the game if you ask me...

oh and I hate playing Baltimore's defense...that DL rapes draw plays and that's really my go to play.

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:35 AM
shit I average about 0.3 picks per game and I almost threw about 4...

I HATE that defense so much...if he mixed in a cover 2 here and there I could have been doomed with my quick hits to the flats...

plus when those lineman drop back it makes draw plays really hard to execute...

that and Berry is so damn fast I can't ever hit McCluster deep like I like to...and the one time I tested McGraw I should've been picked...

just a frustrating D...it's the one D that really, really slows me down

It's the only thing that would have remotely worked, i audibled to cover two alot of times, but there's no sense in rushing the passer the ball comes out too fast. when I paused, i was putting LBs at DE, and dropping them in coverage, I knew it was the only shot I had, an it was a long one still.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:37 AM
You're crazy good in coverage with Berry. Jumpin everything.

well that pick 6 Cassel coulda led Chambers and it woulda been a completion for sure...he threw it behind him and I was right there...

but yeah this year if you control the guy and go for a pick you get the definite advantage...they basically give you the pick every time

I don't know how many times I go deep and my receiver has a step only for someone to take control of their corner last second and get a miracle user pick...

that's one frustrating part of the game...

but I agree with the concept...if you're controlling the guy it should be a pick every time...if you let the computer do it they give it to them like 10% of the time...lots of easy picks are dropped by the computer and I think that makes sense...

I also think no players should ever be injured online (I lost a game by 1 earlier because I lost Charles after 1 damn play and had to use McCluster at RB who fumbled 3 times)...and I think fumbles should only happen via hit stick or strip button (RB)...

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:39 AM
It's the only thing that would have remotely worked, i audibled to cover two alot of times, but there's no sense in rushing the passer the ball comes out too fast. when I paused, i was putting LBs at DE, and dropping them in coverage, I knew it was the only shot I had, an it was a long one still.

it was good strategy because that shit frustrates the hell out of me...

like I said...I love when people blitz and I love when people play zone...

I just don't love when everyone plays zone and no one blitzes...I just don't like trying to manipulate the pocket and coverage with Cassel...not my bread and butter that's for sure...

and it destroys my draw play, too...

beach tribe
12-24-2010, 02:40 AM
well that pick 6 Cassel coulda led Chambers and it woulda been a completion for sure...he threw it behind him and I was right there...

but yeah this year if you control the guy and go for a pick you get the definite advantage...they basically give you the pick every time

I don't know how many times I go deep and my receiver has a step only for someone to take control of their corner last second and get a miracle user pick...

that's one frustrating part of the game...

but I agree with the concept...if you're controlling the guy it should be a pick every time...if you let the computer do it they give it to them like 10% of the time...lots of easy picks are dropped by the computer and I think that makes sense...

I also think no players should ever be injured online (I lost a game by 1 earlier because I lost Charles after 1 damn play and had to use McCluster at RB who fumbled 3 times)...and I think fumbles should only happen via hit stick or strip button (RB)...
Yeah I was pissed about that throw. He was wide open, I tried to lead him, and he threw it behind him, but I'm not gonna cry about it, It wouln't have changed the outcome of the game. I was outplayed.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:41 AM
the next thing I need to do before I'd officially consider myself on a level I once was would be to develop a better deep passing game...

when I need to score in a minute with 1 TO or less I'm not very successful...

nothing I can't pound out on the practice field

when I don't play online I hit the practice mode ALL OF THE TIME...other madden gamers make fun of that but practice is the funnest game mode against the computer there is...

that's how I mastered QB vision back in the day when all of the other pussies turned it off for some reason even though it was the best freaking feature ever in a Madden game

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:44 AM
the next time you play online just use that offense I use...

Chiefs playbook...put Charles at the #4 WR...run out of that 5 wide...there is a play under "play type - shotgun" at the very bottom where Charles hits the flat...use that play and you can audible into that motion sweep...or hit the quick hit if the LB doesn't man up on him...or audible into a quick pass where he is on the slant...

that play + audible options is money against almost any player online

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 02:46 AM
oh and I also like the fly pattern this year near the goal line...Bowe gets like 8 out of 10 of those things from 5 and in...

hike, count to 1, and tap A medium...

and it's basically an 80% success rate...

but I put Bowe as my #2 receiver so I usually draw the #2 CB

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2010, 06:26 AM
"Its laughable to think Tamba Hali could ever be an OLB" - Mecca

Marcellus
12-24-2010, 09:13 AM
LMAO Hell no. Only pick they liked was the Berry and Asomoah one. They hated the Lilja pick up because he was shitty and had bad knees. They hated the Thomas Jones pick up and Hamas said he'd rather have Mike Bell. They thought Clausen should have been the #1 overall pick and that he was much better than Bradford. They thought Bruce Campbell was worth a 1st round pick. They thought that Pollard would have been a better safety than Lewis. That we'd allow 300 yards rushing a game because of our terrible run D.

Just a few off my head. :)

Winner winner chicken dinner.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I think of all of this push back you see in thread after thread really shows you how obnoxious the draftubators were this offseason.

JASONSAUTO
12-24-2010, 09:26 AM
I think of all of this push back you see in thread after thread really shows you how obnoxious the draftubators were this offseason.

i can guarantee this is right, funny to see these guys cry about it......

-King-
12-24-2010, 09:35 AM

This. There's a reason people don't go after people like milkman when hes wrong. That's because he's not an asshole with his takes like the draftubators were.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
12-24-2010, 09:40 AM
The problem is they don't admit when they are wrong. They all bashed Bradford before the draft last year and now he is having up one of the best years ever for a rookie QB and a horrible now team no doubt. I'm sure they all cringed last week when they mentioned he will probably end up with the 2nd most passing yards ever for a rookie QB, only behind that Manning fella.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2010, 09:41 AM

No way all six do.

No how, no way does the Patriots defense belong in that discussion.

JASONSAUTO
12-24-2010, 09:42 AM
This. There's a reason people don't go after people like milkman when hes wrong. That's because he's not an asshole with his takes like the draftubators were.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Obnoxiousness is in the eye of the beholder.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 09:44 AM
The problem is they don't admit when they are wrong. They all bashed Bradford before the draft last year and now he is having up one of the best years ever for a rookie QB and a horrible now team no doubt. I'm sure they all cringed last week when they mentioned he will probably end up with the 2nd most passing yards ever for a rookie QB, only behind that Manning fella.
Another problem this board has is when the drafturbators do admit when they are wrong (which, apart from Mecca, happens nearly all of the possible instances), people apparently don't remember.

Perception > reality, I guess.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Obnoxiousness is in the eye of the beholder.

Of course it is. And a lot more eye's are speaking out on the matter.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Another problem this board has is when the drafturbators do admit when they are wrong (which, apart from Mecca, happens nearly all of the possible instances), people apparently don't remember.

Perception > reality, I guess.

Well I think when the matter of the actual football issue is resolved people then start pushing back against the brow beating they got for being made to feel like they were stupid because of their opinion on the football matter. It isn't just about being right or wrong its the way things went down. The guys who thought they were the smartest guys in the room simply were not.

Whether you agree or disagree with it...if you are ever curious "why" this keeps happening. That is a part of it. It really is the message board version of an action getting an equal and opposite reaction.

BCD
12-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Here's the thing though...

If people didnt make bold statements, wtf would we argue about? If we all agreed, this place would be a snoozfest.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Of course it is. And a lot more eye's are speaking out on the matter.
I don't think you want to go there. Argumentum ad populum is fallacious reasoning.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't think you want to go there. Argumentum ad populum is fallacious reasoning.

Yes, someday all of you guys will convince everyone else of how smart you think you are all.

It sounds exhausting.

BCD
12-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't think you want to go there. Argumentum ad populum is fallacious reasoning.Heh, I didnt think I was getting a lesson in Latin today... :)

Marcellus
12-24-2010, 09:56 AM

Blindy sticking to false reasoning works well though.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Well I think when the matter of the actual football issue is resolved people then start pushing back against the brow beating they got for being made to feel like they were stupid because of their opinion on the football matter. It isn't just about being right or wrong its the way things went down. The guys who thought they were the smartest guys in the room simply were not.

Whether you agree or disagree with it...if you are ever curious "why" this keeps happening. That is a part of it. It really is the message board version of an action getting an equal and opposite reaction.
Hardly anyone had an opinion that they could defend in the act of discourse! Beatdowns got served to stupid people with no takes. Beatdowns got served to stupid takes, rare as those were. I agree that it got too nasty in 2009, but Goddamn was that a terrible n00b season. You had one side trying to argue football points (even if very forcefully, out of frustration with the franchise as much as the posters here) while much of the other side was yelling back at them with no arguments.

In this particular room? Yeah, they're still some of the smartest guys in it. Maybe there are some mystery people smarter, but silence on their end isn't a good way for us to figure out who those people are.

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Anytime someone takes a strong stand on an issue, it will be memorable to others...especially to those who disagree. That tends to set apart those "drafturbators" from many of us who have opinions and takes but don't stake our flags down with the blunt force that they do.

I've said before and will say again that I don't have an issue with anyone in question. Participating in an internet bulletin board assumes some personal risk, I guess. But when you disrespect another person, whether in real life or on a board like this, it will most likely come back at you...and the search function makes it pretty easy to nail everybody (including me) for a bad take, contradictory statement, or change of opinion.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes, someday all of you guys will convince everyone else of how smart you think you are all.

It sounds exhausting.
I used a term that is not uncommon or obscure. I'm sorry that I paid attention in a gen-ed Philosophy class. I apologize for knowing what something is. :rolleyes:

Blindy sticking to false reasoning works well though.
It sure makes you popular on this board nowadays. ;)

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 10:01 AM
This is the first time in awhile I've seen people argue about football in a respectful manner.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I used a term that is not uncommon or obscure. I'm sorry that I paid attention in a gen-ed Philosophy class. I apologize for knowing what something is. :rolleyes:

It sure makes you popular on this board nowadays. ;)

My response had nothing to do with the term you used. It had everything to do with continuing the idea that some here are the smartest people about football and they think it is so silly that everyone else doesn't see it that way.

I have no problem ordering the age of enlightenment pancakes.

Marcellus
12-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Hardly anyone had an opinion that they could defend in the act of discourse! Beatdowns got served to stupid people with no takes. Beatdowns got served to stupid takes, rare as those were. I agree that it got too nasty in 2009, but Goddamn was that a terrible n00b season. You had one side trying to argue football points (even if very forcefully, out of frustration with the franchise as much as the posters here) while much of the other side was yelling back at them with no arguments.

In this particular room? Yeah, they're still some of the smartest guys in it. Maybe there are some mystery people smarter, but silence on their end isn't a good way for us to figure out who those people are.

Just because you are the loudest doesn't mean you are the smartest.

The issue is you can argue with some people here all day but if they refuse to aknowledge your points in the end it's a waste of time.

Several people who are "the smartest in the room" talk themselves into circles but refuse to acknowledge it.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 10:05 AM

This x1000.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
My response had nothing to do with the term you used. It had everything to do with the continuing the idea that some here are the smartest people about football and they think it is so silly that everyone else doesn't see it that way.

I have no problem ordering the age of enlightenment pancakes.
You are confusing posts, dude. At that point, I was speaking only to your implication that if a majority of a population holds a certain opinion, it makes that opinion more correct or right to hold.

The issue is you can argue with some people here all day but if they refuse to aknowledge your points in the end it's a waste of time.

Yes. Because that's what people were making in 2009. Points.

philfree
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM

Several people who are "the smartest in the room" talk themselves into circles but refuse to acknowledge it.

And insult others at every turn. :shrug: At this point it's just part of the forum or forums in general. As a microcosm to society it makes me think the arrow isn't pointing up.

PhilFree:arrow:

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 10:11 AM
And insult others at every turn. :shrug: At this point it's just part of the forum or forums in general. As a microcosm to society it makes me think the arrow isn't pointing up.

You deserved every insult, frankly. Your attempts at football talk have been hot garbage the last two years.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 10:16 AM
As a microcosm to society it makes me think the arrow isn't pointing up.

Yea maybe if we got drunk and harassed women who worked at fireworks stands more society would take a turn for the better.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 10:16 AM
You deserved every insult, frankly. Your attempts at football talk have been hot garbage the last two years.

That's an opinion, though. Even if someone is incredibly wrong about something, does it make any sense to go off on a rampage about it?

philfree
12-24-2010, 10:17 AM

In your opinion but my point is made.

Have a Merry Christmas!

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Care to share who "some people" are?

Because with the exception of Mecca, I don't see people here refusing to acknowledge anyone's points - unless those points aren't being backed up with some evidence, or unless the poster in question is trolling/baiting someone to get the "JFC, die in a fire" desired reaction.

BCD
12-24-2010, 10:18 AM
You deserved every insult, frankly. Your attempts at football talk have been hot garbage the last two years.Maybe. But so has Mecca's and others the past yr or so.

Concerning the Chiefs and USC, Mecca has taken a beating.

philfree
12-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Yea maybe if we got drunk and harassed women who worked at fireworks stands more society would take a turn for the better.

You weren't there and your reading and writing between the lines isn't accurate at all. My drunken rant was in poor taste though so for that I do have regret.

You seem to have a strong opinion on this though. Why I can't imagine.

Merry Christmas!

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 10:24 AM
That's an opinion, though. Even if someone is incredibly wrong about something, does it make any sense to go off on a rampage about it?

You can be wrong about something and not be mind-numbingly stupid about it.

You're new here, but when I started here, this place was like a fraternity house, and new members were unmercifully hazed, at least until they had earned the respect of the community.

While n00bs are now given a long-ass leash around here, "hazing someone that says something galactically stupid" hasn't changed.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 10:24 AM

LMAO

Pablo
12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I think of all of this push back you see in thread after thread really shows you how obnoxious the draftubators were this offseason.This is the root of it. It's not going to stop anytime soon, either.

I can guaran-fuckin-tee this Draftabulator backlash will carry on throughout the 2011 regular season, regardless of how he play.

Nobody on this board dislikes good football talk, that's what brought every poster here in the first place. And strong opinions are always welcome; but condescending post after condescending post will typically be met with some resistance. This place is my entertainment hub. And I look forward to checking in every day, but last off-season was fucking brutal.

Slogging through thread after thread full of insults gets tiresome. I'm glad the Chiefs starting winning again, this place has become far more tolerable. There are some folks picking up the slack(The Guardian) in the condescending know-it-all catergory, so I'm sure it will all balance out in the end.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe. But so has Mecca's and others the past yr or so.

Concerning the Chiefs and USC, Mecca has taken a beating.

Again, you can be wrong about something and not be mind-numbingly stupid about it.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 10:26 AM
You can be wrong about something and not be mind-numbingly stupid about it.

You're new here, but when I started here, this place was like a fraternity house, and new members were unmercifully hazed, at least until they had earned the respect of the community.

While n00bs are now given a long-ass leash around here, "hazing someone that says something galactically stupid" hasn't changed.

But there's a difference between hazing and being a jackass about it.

Donger
12-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Which idiot lit the match in this thread?

Pablo
12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Which idiot lit the match in this thread?It was all Hootie's fault. Him and his gatdamned Madden talk kept this mother-bitch burning.

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
It was all Hootie's fault. Him and his gatdamned Madden talk kept this mother-bitch burning.

ROFL

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Which idiot lit the match in this thread?

Merry Christmas.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Again, you can be wrong about something and not be mind-numbingly stupid about it.

Would you say that the "draftubators" were mind-numbingly stupid about some things this offseason?

mikey23545
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM

The draftubators always pretended it was their opinions that were unpopular, but it was their personalities that were the lightning rods for people's hatred.

stevieray
12-24-2010, 10:56 AM

...it's ironic that john matrix/hamas called it high school, when this whole scenario is one of the major reasons it became like that.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Would you say that the "draftubators" were mind-numbingly stupid about some things this offseason?
Individually or as a whole? There are very few things that the drafturbators collectively agree on. There is a wide diversity of opinion between them, but generalizations get made for some reason anyway.

Collectively? I'd say no. Individually, I'm having a hard time thinking of specific instances of mind-numbing stupidity. Of course, most of what people point to when they say that the drafturbators where exposed as idiots by the 2010 offseason are things that are still up in the air.

JASONSAUTO
12-24-2010, 11:01 AM
...it's ironic that john matrix/hamas called it high school, when this whole scenario is one of the major reasons it became like that.

lol

doomy3
12-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Individually or as a whole? There are very few things that the drafturbators collectively agree on. There is a wide diversity of opinion between them, but generalizations get made for some reason anyway.

Collectively? I'd say no. Individually, I'm having a hard time thinking of specific instances of mind-numbing stupidity. Of course, most of what people point to when they say that the drafturbators where exposed as idiots by the 2010 offseason are things that are still up in the air.

I certainly wouldn't call anyone who is considered a "draftubator" an idiot.

I think that overall, they are some of the more well-studied, smarter posters on this site.

The problem is how seriously they take themselves, IMO. Hopefully, after missing on a lot of predictions for this season, they will quit taking themselves so seriously and realize that none of us on here know nearly as much as we would like to, or in some instances, think we do.

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Tamba Hali can't play OLB. The 8-6 Packers who haven't won shit are a better organization than the Patriots. Sam Bradford sucks. Pioli sucks. Haley sucks. Yeah that Mecca is a super genius.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:20 AM

I think that overall, they are some of the more well-studied, smarter posters on this site.

The problem is how seriously they take themselves, IMO. Hopefully, after missing on a lot of predictions for this season, they will quit taking themselves so seriously and realize that none of us on here know nearly as much as we would like to, or in some instances, think we do.
What I read: "Hopefully this board can complete its full transformation into the Coalition. Leave the discussion of football decisions to the people working in the front office."

|Zach|
12-24-2010, 11:21 AM

This is a good take.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 11:24 AM
...In this particular room? Yeah, they're still some of the smartest guys in it....

Now that's good comedy.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Now that's good comedy.
Why is this Pats troll still here?

stevieray
12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Why is this Pats troll still here?

STFU, n00b.

you really are a tagalong.

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I can picture them all the last weekend of the season standing by at the computer waiting for the Chiefs to lose so they happily log on.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
STFU, n00b.

you really are a tagalong.
Absurd.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2010, 11:29 AM
What I read: "Hopefully this board can complete its full transformation into the Coalition. Leave the discussion of football decisions to the people working in the front office."

This is the common battle cry.

If you are supportive and believe in what the Chiefs are doing, you should go over to the Coalition. If you are an over the top homer, go to WPI.

If you want to see a bunch of people battle for board superiority, come to Chiefsplanet.

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:33 AM
What I read: "Hopefully this board can complete its full transformation into the Coalition. Leave the discussion of football decisions to the people working in the front office."Thank you. I'm not saying "Praise be to the drafurbators for without them this forum would be boring" but it's people like them that keep this entire forum smart, realistic, and far more entertaining than the other Chiefs BBs out there.

There are probably several hundred quality posters that keep this place going. Including the drafturbators. And if that means trading insults, telling n00bs to kill themselves, or getting into heated disagreements about the upcoming draft, I'd prefer that 1000 times over the garbage for Chiefs forums that there are on the internet (not counting Chiefsplanet, of course).

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:33 AM

If you are supportive and believe in what the Chiefs are doing, you should go over to the Coalition. If you are an over the top homer, go to WPI.

If you want to see a bunch of people battle for board superiority, come to Chiefsplanet.
It has become a battle for superiority, and we all suck for it. I just wish we could all talk football. This is still the best place of the three for a nuanced discussion, but it's become a bit like finding a needle in a haystack.

Pablo
12-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I can picture them all the last weekend of the season standing by at the computer waiting for the Chiefs to lose so they happily log on.I can't speak for the other Drafturbators; but I've met OTWP personally and he's as big of a Chiefs fan as there is.

I understand the backlash; but these guys are all passionate about the Chiefs. They just express it in a different way.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
It has become a battle for superiority, and we all suck for it. I just wish we could all talk football. This is still the best place of the three for a nuanced discussion, but it's become a bit like finding a needle in a haystack.

Part of that might be the size of CP? CP is as big of a football forum you can find out there.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2010, 11:36 AM

It's by far the best place, but the simple thing that Chiefsplanet was built on (saying what you want, how you want, and with whatever attitude you want) has become it's demise lately. I still love this place, however.

stevieray
12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
but it's people like them that keep this entire forum smart, realistic, and far more entertaining than the other Chiefs BBs out there.

:rolleyes:

Donger
Being an asshole is easy. Being civil is more difficult.

Just Passin' By

When I first came here, there were a lot of good posters. Then, a group began bitching about all things Chiefs, and the board went to hell. That seems to be turning around now, although it may look better to me than it actually is because I've got the four worst of them on ignore.

It seems to me that the board has become more about what's actually happening, and less about slinging feces, in the past month or so. I'm sure a lot of that is the winning, but it's been a nice change regardless of the reason.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Instead of saying BS and posting smilies, voice your opinion.

philfree
12-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I certainly wouldn't call anyone who is considered a "draftubator" an idiot.I think that overall, they are some of the more well-studied, smarter posters on this site.

I try not to consider anyone an idiot and even if I'm leaning that way I do my best to not call them an idiot.

Does that make me an idiot?

And let's remember that before they were the 'draftubators' the term 'True Fan' was invented and most anyone who disagreed with what became the 'drafubators' were lumped into that stereotype so they could easily be dubbed idiots.

One beget the other.

Pablo
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Being an asshole is easy. Being civil is more difficult.This is true.

Being an asshole on the internet is also more fun.

Pushead2
12-24-2010, 11:45 AM
This is true.

Being an asshole on the internet is also more fun.

http://images.jkcreativephotography.com/MotivationalPosters/e-thug.jpg

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:46 AM
When I first came here, there were a lot of good posters. Then, a group began bitching about all things Chiefs, and the board went to hell. That seems to be turning around now, although it may look better to me than it actually is because I've got the four worst of them on ignore.

It seems to me that the board has become more about what's actually happening, and less about slinging feces, in the past month or so. I'm sure a lot of that is the winning, but it's been a nice change regardless of the reason.

There are still good posters. It's just hard to identify them with the chaos sometimes, though. Every board has things that are good and bad about them. CP is just like any board in that regard. It isn't perfect, but that's what makes CP what it is. From the n00bs, to the "Draftubators" to fans of another team.

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I have no idea if this is where stevieray is coming from, but there's a large group of posters who claim they have hashed and re-hashed arguments like this over and over again (when in reality they did it maybe once) so therefore posting anything of substance as a response is a waste of their time.

When you've been a strong member of an online football community, however, you DO end up having the same arguments over and over again. It's naive to think that posting a quality response is a "waste of time" because if that's the case, then everything people post on here is a waste of time

Pablo
12-24-2010, 11:47 AM
http://images.jkcreativephotography.com/MotivationalPosters/e-thug.jpgLMAO

Pretty much.

You can meet any of the supposed assholes at CP functions or a game and they're the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Hell, I even bet Hamas doesn't tell people to kill themselves IRL. Although, it would be hilarious if he did.

"Hey Prof. Hamas, I lost my jump drive, and it had my paper on it".

"Kill yourself".

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 11:48 AM
for the record...

Mecca pimped the Packers and their drafts and I EASILY owned him on that and he just avoided it...

the Packers have NOT been that great in the draft...not by any means.

They scored on Rodgers big time...and so far so good with Mathews...and Jennings...

but it's not like we haven't scored on draft picks as well..

every team scores...and every team fails

the draft is, and will always be...a crapshoot

(and I know the draft is the best way to build a football team...especially when there is a salary cap...but it is what it is - a crapshoot)

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:49 AM

It seems to me that the board has become more about what's actually happening, and less about slinging feces, in the past month or so. I'm sure a lot of that is the winning, but it's been a nice change regardless of the reason.1) A losing season will make fans irritable. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it means the fans all care and aren't crybaby quitters like Knowmo

2) Online message boards change. Deal with it. Posters come and go. Varieties of topics get discussed. Trends in popular opinion change. To say that "all the good people left and then the board went to hell" just means you miss the way the board was years ago. That's fine. But it doesn't mean the place is any better or worse

Rams Fan
I have no idea if this is where stevieray is coming from, but there's a large group of posters who claim they have hashed and re-hashed arguments like this over and over again (when in reality they did it maybe once) so therefore posting anything of substance as a response is a waste of their time.

When you've been a strong member of an online football community, however, you DO end up having the same arguments over and over again. It's naive to think that posting a quality response is a "waste of time" because if that's the case, then everything people post on here is a waste of time

What else is there to do? A message board isn't anything unless it has something to argue about, even if it involves bringing up something that has already been mentioned. If you post a quality response instead of one like, LOLZ CASTLE SUX", that will want to get more people to post.

Pushead2
LMAO

Pretty much.

You can meet any of the supposed assholes at CP functions or a game and they're the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Hell, I even bet Hamas doesn't tell people to kill themselves IRL. Although, it would be hilarious if he did.

"Kill yourself".

It was taught in grad school to be your automatic response

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:50 AM
LMAO

Pretty much.

"Kill yourself".:LOL:

I may have to start doing that

Short Leash Hootie
and I'll continue to point out facts:

top 10 pick...flip a coin, call it, if you're right...hit
top 30 pick...flip a coin 8 times, get it right 5 times...hit
2nd rounder...2 of 3.5
3rd rounder...2 of 3
4th and below...pray

Just Passin' By
There are still good posters. It's just hard to identify them with the chaos sometimes, though. Every board has things that are good and bad about them. CP is just like any board in that regard. It isn't perfect, but that's what makes CP what it is. From the n00bs, to the "Draftubators" to fans of another team.

I agree that there are still good posters. In fact, some of the people who became the biggest assholes over the past couple of seasons initially seemed like very good posters. When people began to tune out the four biggest idiots on the board, the place began to get better.

Those four posters really poisoned the board, though, and it'll take time for the place to return to 'normal'.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:51 AM
for the record...

Mecca pimped the Packers and their drafts and I EASILY owned him on that and he just avoided it...

They scored on Rodgers big time...and so far so good with Mathews...and Jennings...

(and I know the draft is the best way to build a football team...especially when there is a salary cap...but it is what it is - a crapshoot)

The Draft is a crapshoot, but compared to the MLB Draft it isn't. Most draft picks end up providing depth if they aren't starting and considering where players are drafted, that isn't a bad thing.

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
for the record...

(and I know the draft is the best way to build a football team...especially when there is a salary cap...but it is what it is - a crapshoot)The Packers have had way more quality picks than the ones you just listed. They ARE good at drafting. How good is a question, but you're an idiot if you think they're just average.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
And let's remember that before they were the 'draftubators' the term 'True Fan' was invented and most anyone who disagreed with what became the 'drafubators' were lumped into that stereotype so they could easily be dubbed idiots.

One beget the other.

This is true. And a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg situation. The name-calling and numerous "kill yourselfs" from the drafturbators, the way I remember things, escalated out of frustration with the people who wanted to keep Thigpen and, later, draft OL or LB at #3 (whereas the Drafturbators were staunchly, passionately about getting a franchise-level QB prospect). "True Fans" came about to label those posters who, as the drafturbators put it, seemed content with making the same mistakes as previous Chiefs teams, mistakes that would lead to 9-7 teams or teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

The divide between "Match Thigpen with a Vermiel-level offensive line or a 90's-level defense" and "We need a franchise QB to have the best chance at winning a Super Bowl" was deep, and the talk turned unfortunately caustic. And the board hasn't really gotten its burst back, for whatever reason.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree that there are still good posters. In fact, some of the people who became the biggest assholes over the past couple of seasons initially seemed like very good posters. When people began to tune out the four biggest idiots on the board, the place began to get better.

Those four posters really poisoned the board, though, and it'll take time for the place to return to 'normal'.

It's already been posted, but losing makings almost everyone an asshole. Especially if a team has been losing for a few years. Winning is the best cure to that. And I'm guessing the board has been worse in previous years. It takes a while to weed out some trolls, though.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
1) A losing season will make fans irritable. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it means the fans all care and aren't crybaby quitters like Knowmo

Those four pricks had begun ruining the place before a single game had been played under the new regime.

2) Online message boards change. Deal with it. Posters come and go. Varieties of topics get discussed. Trends in popular opinion change. To say that "all the good people left and then the board went to hell" just means you miss the way the board was years ago. That's fine. But it doesn't mean the place is any better or worse

I didn't say that all the good people left. And, yes, it does mean that the place was worse. The board had turned to shit. Hell, you had one of the four abusing his "supporter" authority and handing out infractions just because people didn't back down from his bullshit.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 11:56 AM
I didn't say that all the good people left. And, yes, it does mean that the place was worse. The board had turned to shit. Hell, you had one of the four abusing his "supporter" authority and handing out infractions just because people didn't back down from his bullshit.

Are you talking about "Draftubators"? People come and go. Some leave because they are pissed at how they are being treated on a board, others leave because of personal reasons.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 11:57 AM

You don't have any proper idea what this board is or was like to make an assessment concerning "poison," you Pats troll useless shitbird.

SNR
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Those four pricks had begun ruining the place before a single game had been played under the new regime.This fanbase was just Herminated and then the Tyson Jackson pick happened. I can see why they were upset.

I don't recall this. Explain?

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
You don't have any proper idea what this board is or was like to make an assessment concerning "poison," you Pats troll useless shitbird.

The irony of you tossing out the insults to me while calling me "troll" is not lost. It's not surprising, either, given that you're one of the most ardent defenders of the four idiots.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM

Neither does the poster he was replying to.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 12:00 PM
The irony of you tossing out the insults to me while calling me "troll" is not lost. It's not surprising, either, given that you're one of the most ardent defenders of the four idiots.

No one knows who the "four idiots" are. And once again, a poster you consider an idiot might be considered a genius in another poster's point of view.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't think you know what "troll" means.

Rams Fan
Neither does the poster he was replying to.

WTF have I said or done? I didn't change the thread into what it is now.

ChiefsCountry
All this bullshit is over the quarterback position. It went from Stafford vs Cassel, (which amazling when we had no shot at drafting him was when alot of people jumped on that bandwagon, not the mention the same when Cassel was acquired) to then Sanchez vs. Cassel. Then the Patriot trolls made it unbearable, thus other people jumped on and it went from there. There have been battles in the past ie Jake Long and Joe Staley man lovers but nothing to the extreme over the QB position.

But then again it all boils down to this no matter what:
Really we all want the same thing out of Cassel. Haters, homers, and I don't give a shit either wayers. All of us want the Chiefs to win playoff games and hopefully win the Super Bowl. Now some of us don't beleive he has it in but we sure as hell hope he can. There is nothing more than the sweet taste of crow if the Chiefs win a Super Bowl. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks or close to, hell yeah that would be awesome. If he plays like did earlier in the year we are ****ed and it just blows. We all want the Chiefs win, why would be a fans if we didn't think that?

Chargers game and hopefully some more in January can prove what Cassel really is. Can he win the games that will make us the team that we all want? Right now nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Cassel hasn't led us to the playoffs yet, and he hasn't really beat a really good team in the regular season. But he has played some good football lately and that is a great sign. Hopefully he can keep it up. I think the rest of the team will be built up to a Super Bowl quality team. Our young talent is sick, but they are young and we need some more pieces to the puzzle. We could be just like the Cowboys of the 90's. Thats how good I think some of are young guys are. I just don't want us to be the Chiefs of the 90's or the Vikings of this decade. Good team, but not have the QB to get us over the hump.

Like I said nobody is right yet about Cassel and nobody is wrong about him either. The great thing about football is, he is going to be able to prove on the field and its getting close to showtime.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7219774&postcount=255

mikey23545
1)

To imply that it is impossible for a BB to get better or worse is ludicrous.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
WTF have I said or done? I didn't change the thread into what it is now.

Chill. Didn't say you did.

You, just like JPB, don't know how the board used to be. That's all.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Chill. Didn't say you did.

You, just like JPB, don't know how the board used to be. That's all.

I was just talking about my experience when I joined in March, around draft time and my experience from another message board. That is all.

LaChapelle
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Mecca is fine until the nut leeches attach themselves
then it goes to his head like everyone else that has nut leeches
then there is too much on the line to back down

SNR
12-24-2010, 12:05 PM
To imply that it is impossible for a BB to get better or worse is ludicrous.It's not impossible. But this board has always had great off-the-wall NFTs and great football discussion. It's still the best place for Chiefs talk on the internet. And that's due to several hundred guys that enjoy talking about football.

You may think this board indeed actually has "gone to hell". But I guarantee you this place is more entertaining and smarter than the other hellholes people call Chiefs message boards out there

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
All this bullshit is over the quarterback position. It went from Stafford vs Cassel, (which amazling when we had no shot at drafting him was when alot of people jumped on that bandwagon, not the mention the same when Cassel was acquired) to then Sanchez vs. Cassel. Then the Patriot trolls made it unbearable, thus other people jumped on and it went from there. There have been battles in the past ie Jake Long and Joe Staley man lovers but nothing to the extreme over the QB position.

Don't forget that it started out as "Get a new QB at all" vs Thigpen, developing specifically into Stafford vs Thigpen or Sanchez vs Thigpen, later, after the Thigpen backers had been quelled, Stafford vs Sanchez vs Cassel. After the Cassel acquisition, the debate became "did Pioli make the right move?"

doomy3

But then again it all boils down to this no matter what:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7219774&postcount=255

Yes, it does all boil down to the Cassel vs. Sanchez debate. And the people who were willing to give Cassel a chance and saw that it was a good value trade were beaten up on this forum. Constantly. To the point that is was simply not worth it to even have a debate on the subject. Same for people who just simply didn't see Sanchez as worth the #3 overall pick. There were legitimate reasons that myself, and many others, gave for not being sold on Sanchez, and it turned into the same tired shit every thread. "True Fan" this, "True Fan" that. You're scared of drafting a QB, and all the other tired rhetoric. It was beyond ridiculous and anyone who can't see why people have turned on those who brought that shit simply aren't trying to see thing objectively.

Just Passin' By
No one knows who the "four idiots" are. And once again, a poster you consider an idiot might be considered a genius in another poster's point of view.

I'd wager that most of those discussing this know the four posters to whom I'm referring.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think you know what "troll" means.

I know what it means. Perhaps you don't understand what "irony" means.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't forget that it started out as "Get a new QB at all" vs Thigpen, developing specifically into Stafford vs Thigpen or Sanchez vs Thigpen, later, after the Thigpen backers had been quelled, Stafford vs Sanchez vs Cassel. After the Cassel acquisition, the debate became "did Pioli make the right move?"

I frankly don't remember many people at all wanting to roll with Thigpen heading into the 09 offseason. Maybe I have just eliminated that from my memory, but I seriously don't remember that at all.

It was always about if Sanchez was a true franchise QB worthy of the #3 spot.

Much like this offseason was about if Clausen was a true franchise QB worthy of the #5 spot.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Mecca is fine until the nut leeches attach themselves
then it goes to his head like everyone else that has nut leeches
then there is too much on the line to back down

I still maintain that posters like Raised on Riots are the main reason that the board quality has gone down like it has. Not because of guys like Hamas or Dane or anyone like that, but because of the posters like ROR who post senseless shit and go around following behind other posters agreeing with them and saying the same things in obnoxious ways.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I know what it means. Perhaps you don't understand what "irony" means.
:spock:

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I frankly don't remember many people at all wanting to roll with Thigpen heading into the 09 offseason. Maybe I have just eliminated that from my memory, but I seriously don't remember that at all.

It was always about if Sanchez was a true franchise QB worthy of the #3 spot.

Much like this offseason was about if Clausen was a true franchise QB worthy of the #5 spot.
The widespread use of "True Fan" came at the expense of the Thiggy backers. You don't remember the numerous drawn-out conversations where the Thiggy backers were adamant that it was the Chiefs defense that faltered in the second halves of games in '08, and NOT because the offense didn't do shit in the second half after halftime adjustments were made against the pistol?

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 12:14 PM
:spock:

You're trolling while calling me a troll. That would be "irony".

philfree
12-24-2010, 12:16 PM
This is true. And a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg situation. The name-calling and numerous "kill yourselfs" from the drafturbators, the way I remember things, escalated out of frustration with the people who wanted to keep Thigpen and, later, draft OL or LB at #3 (whereas the Drafturbators were staunchly, passionately about getting a franchise-level QB prospect). "True Fans" came about to label those posters who, as the drafturbators put it, seemed content with making the same mistakes as previous Chiefs teams, mistakes that would lead to 9-7 teams or teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

The divide between "Match Thigpen with a Vermiel-level offensive line or a 90's-level defense" and "We need a franchise QB to have the best chance at winning a Super Bowl" was deep, and the talk turned unfortunately caustic. And the board hasn't really gotten its burst back, for whatever reason.

I think it was draft a 1st round QB (Sanchex) at all cost over any QB available. Once the trade for Cassel was made and when certain people new it wasn't going to happen they went on a tirade hanging the True Fan lable on all who dare disagree.

And for the record I would have never given a 1st for Cassel but the 2nd didn't bother me. If we hadn't done that then I would have been nervously on the Sanchex bandwagon. Of course that was knowing Stafford would have been already picked.

So far Cassel looks like the right move for the Chiefs. The whole thing isn't even close to playing out though.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:18 PM
You're trolling while calling me a troll. That would be "irony".
I'm not trolling. I know it was subtle, but that's what I was getting at with post #453. Calling you names != trolling.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 12:20 PM
The widespread use of "True Fan" came at the expense of the Thigpen backers. You don't remember the numerous drawn-out conversations where the Thigpen backers were adamant that it was the Chiefs defense that faltered in the second halves of games in '08, and NOT because the offense didn't do shit in the second half after halftime adjustments were made against the pistol?

I honestly don't remember anyone wanting to roll into 2009 with Thigpen as the QB. Like I said, maybe I've just stricken that from my memory.

I do remember people saying that the defense had faltered in second halves in 08, and that Thigpen was getting too much of the blame, but I don't remember people wanting him to be our QB. I could be completely wrong about this, admittedly.

I never really got into those debates though, because I knew there was no way they would make a regime and coaching change and roll into 2009 with Thigpen as the QB, so it wasn't worth getting in debates over.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not trolling. I know it was subtle, but that's what I was getting at with post #453. Calling you names != trolling.

n.
an internet user who sends inflammatory or provocative messages designed to elicit negative responses or start a flame-war.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Citing to my Patriots fandom as an insult, in a discussion where it is irrelevant and the discussion was not begun by me, is a way to rile people up about me. That would be trolling on your part. It would also be an example of trying to distract from the main argument.

philfree
12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I honestly don't remember anyone wanting to roll into 2009 with Thigpen as the QB. Like I said, maybe I've just stricken that from my memory.

I do remember people saying that the defense had faltered in second halves in 08, and that Thigpen was getting too much of the blame, but I don't remember people wanting him to be our QB. I could be completely wrong about this, admittedly.

I never really got into those debates though, because I knew there was no way they would make a regime and coaching change and roll into 2009 with Thigpen as the QB, so it wasn't worth getting in debates over.

There where some who wanted to stick with Thigpen but more than that this fan base is sick to death of retreads and backups and deservedly so. They/We/Me all want to draft our guy/The Guy and rightly so but that doesn't mean that Cassel wasn't the right move at this juncture though.

Alot of people vent their frustrations at the expense of others.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 12:28 PM

There were those that were defending Thigpen and saying that he just needed a chance.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Citing to my Patriots fandom as an insult, in a discussion where it is irrelevant and the discussion was not begun by me, is a way to rile people up about me. That would be trolling on your part. It would also be an example of trying to distract from the main argument.

What is the main argument than? I started this thread about Mecca, than it became about football, than it became about Madden, back to football and about posters on this site.

doomy3
12-24-2010, 12:36 PM
There were those that were defending Thigpen and saying that he just needed a chance.

Were there many saying that? I don't know why I don't remember this. Again, perhaps I just brushed that off since there was a 0% chance of that happening.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 12:36 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1.) It's an ad hominem but it isn't trolling. You've never added a single thing of use to this board. You've been a troll from day 1. Calling you out for that, in an effort to discredit you, is not trolling. That's like calling someone a bigot because they detest racism.

2.) I'm not trying to distract from anything, clearly. I've been engaging this thread for the last few hours.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:46 PM
The Packers have had way more quality picks than the ones you just listed. They ARE good at drafting. How good is a question, but you're an idiot if you think they're just average.

they very well may be...

but if Cassel ends up being a franchise caliber QB like Rodgers has been for the Packers...

the Chiefs are apparently just as good, if not better at drafting than the Packers...even stemming back to the King Carl drafts.

stevieray
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM

...the board has always been fun smart and entertaining.

....just like football, it's a team effort..and just like football, no one player is bigger than the game. no one or handful of people make this board what it is.

...there are plenty of good football takes on this board, pos and neg...the conflict arises because overall it's a fan base, and when people consistantly only see the bad, or downplay the good, or go after people who want to be poisitve or have some faith, it gets chaotic...and understandably so...we all want good things to happen to the Chiefs...but eating your own in the process gets messy.
When you spend an entire offseason telling everyone how much they are gonna suck, you're gonna get it back. in spades...even from the play on the field.

I remember when I first joined the Star board before it came here..and how cool it was for one.....to be be tlaking about the Chiefs while living out of state.and two..how friggin cool it was to be talking to Chiefs fans around the country..and the world...and much to my suprise, meeeting these people in person.

If anything deserves credit...(other than the obvious Kyle and contributors) it's things like the 37 forever foundation get togethers, the planet bashes, and the tailgating and gameday experiences. While the online community is fun and rewarding, it's the people who meet and make it real... don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with never revealing yourself here, just that sometime the real life encounters are the backbone to what keeps it churning....I'd bet many, if not most here, would love to go to a bash, tailgate and get together at a game...it's fun to put a face to a name and brought back to the simple reality is that we all are Chiefs fans, and this banter doesn't really mean that much.

just my opinion, I could be wrong.

DaFace
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Good to see the old "good old days" comments coming out again. It's been a few days. (Though I can't recall ever seeing someone talking about the good old days being only a year or two ago.)

DaFace
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
...the board has always been fun smart and entertaining.

....just like football, it's a team effort..and just like football, no one player is bigger than the game. no one or handful of people make this board what it is.

...there are plenty of good football takes on this board, pos and neg...the conflict arises because overall it's a fan base, and when people consistantly only see the bad, or downplay the good, or go after people who want to be poisitve or have some faith, it gets chaotic...and understandably so...we all want good things to happen to the Chiefs...but eating your own in the process gets messy.
When you spend an entire offseason telling everyone how much they are gonna suck, you're gonna get it back. in spades...even from the play on the field.

I remember when I first joined the Star board before it came here..and how cool it was for one..to be be tlaking about the Chiefs while living out of state.and two..how friggin cool it was to be talking to chiefs around the country..and the world...and much to my suprise, meeeting these people in person.

If anything deserves credit...(other than the obvious Kyle and contributors) it's things like the 37 forever foundation get togethers, the planet bashes, and the tailgating and gameday experiences. While the online community is fun and rewarding, it's the people who meet and make it real... don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with never revealing yourself here, just that sometime the real life encounters are the backbone fo what keeps it churning....I'd bet many, if not most here, would love to go to a bash, tailgate and get together at a game...it's fun to put a face to a name and brought back to the simple reality is that we all are Chiefs fans, and this banter doesn't really mean that much.

just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Truth. I would wager that, on the whole, people who have met other Planeteers in person tend to enjoy the place on a different level than those who have always just been anonymous faces behind a keyboard.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
man I miss the good ol' days when Herm was running the ship just 2 years ago

Coach
12-24-2010, 02:16 PM
So..... no response?

salame
12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
mecca lol

MoreLemonPledge
12-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I remember the good old days of the board. Back when Pioli first started and people were debating the merits of Matt Cassel. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2010, 02:50 PM
1.) It's an ad hominem but it isn't trolling. You've never added a single thing of use to this board. You've been a troll from day 1. Calling you out for that, in an effort to discredit you, is not trolling. That's like calling someone a bigot because they detest racism.

You're opinion is noted. Your inability to understand what a troll is is also noted, humorously.

As for what I've added, I gave insight on Pioli, Cassel and things from the Patriots fans perspective. I was right about the points I raised. You being unable/unwilling to grasp that is a reflection on you, not on my posting. I've also posted on other topics. Not surprisingly, some posters seem to have a higher opinion of my posts than do you.

2.) I'm not trying to distract from anything, clearly. I've been engaging this thread for the last few hours.

Yes, and by attacking me with irrelevant arguments (your M.O., I should note), you seek to distract from the points about Mecca and company.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Damn, this thread went off track to awesomeness.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
You're opinion is noted. Your inability to understand what a troll is is also noted, humorously.

As for what I've added, I gave insight on Pioli, Cassel and things from the Patriots fans perspective. I was right about the points I raised. You being unable/unwilling to grasp that is a reflection on you, not on my posting. I've also posted on other topics. Not surprisingly, some posters seem to have a higher opinion of my posts than do you.
You've made no effort to become a part of this board. You come, you slang some Patriots perspective, you act obtusely, and you (thankfully) disappear for a while. You come on to stir the hornet's nest; that has always been your sole intention for any interaction you've had on this board. Maybe I've missed you making an honest attempt to be something more than a Patriots media guide as written by Donger, but I doubt it.

Yes, and by attacking me with irrelevant arguments (your M.O., I should note), you seek to distract from the points about Mecca and company.
Except I was engaging with points about Mecca and company simultaneous to calling you names. It is possible for a thread to have multiple conversations going at the same time. I won't even address how incorrect on multiple levels "attacking me with irrelevant arguments (your M.O., I should note)" is. You'd play the part of the willfully ignorant like you are with what "trolling" means.

SNR
12-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Damn, this thread went off track to awesomeness.I remember this thread many hours ago. People were civil, quality football conversation was prevalent, and people could have opinions. But then it was overrun by those four idiots and now this thread has gone to hell and all the quality posters left.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I remember this thread many hours ago. People were civil, quality football conversation was prevalent, and people could have opinions. But then it was overrun by those four idiots and now this thread has gone to hell and all the quality posters left.

I don't see attacking, really. Just some posters bringing up memories.

Reaper16
12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't see attacking, really. Just some posters bringing up memories.
Dude.

Dude. Sarcasm.

Rams Fan
12-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Dude.

Dude. Sarcasm.

Okay, so there is some attacking...

DumbHillbillies
12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Hopefully he got a job.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2010, 08:15 PM
This thread is ROFL

JASONSAUTO
12-24-2010, 08:21 PM
This thread is ROFL

For sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
12-24-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.x17online.com/images/photo-sets/conv/portmanfilm052009_X17/portmanfilm052009_02-full.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2010, 02:13 AM
The main argument, was that Cassel was the best choice because he would "hit the ground running" and get us moving in the right direction faster than developing a rook.

That...did NOT...happen, and much bitching and vitriol ensued. Much to our good fortune, Cassel has become the leader and catalyst for this team to play with confidence, and to WIN GAMES.

The payoff is huge. The short-term is that we are finally back. The long term is even better. For a Cassel-led Chiefs team to make and win a Super Bowl, Pioli has no choice under God but to build Uber Team; the greatest support staff to his choice of team leader ever assembled.
And a few years down the road, when that team has become the support system for the drafted, high-round youngster which this franchise has ignorantly STARVED ITSELF FOR, the word "Dynasty" can be confidently added to the conversation for the first time in franchise history.

I'm a Chiefs fan; patience is an Eleventy Billion-year mantra. And oh yes; I can wait.

KurtCobain
12-25-2010, 02:20 AM
The main argument, was that Cassel was the best choice because he would "hit the ground running" and get us moving in the right direction faster than developing a rook.

That...did NOT...happen, and much bitching and vitriol ensued. Much to our good fortune, Cassel has become the leader and catalyst for this team to play with confidence, and to WIN GAMES.

The payoff is huge. The short-term is that we are finally back. The long term is even better. For a Cassel-led Chiefs team to make and win a Super Bowl, Pioli has no choice under God but to build Uber Team; the greatest support staff to his choice of team leader ever assembled.
And a few years down the road, when that team has become the support system for the drafted, high-round youngster which this franchise has ignorantly STARVED ITSELF FOR, the word "Dynasty" can be confidently added to the conversation for the first time in franchise history.

I'm a Chiefs fan; patience is an Eleventy Billion-year mantra. And oh yes; I can wait.

I can't. I want that superbowl NOW.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2010, 02:31 AM
I can't. I want that superbowl NOW.

The first one, as ugly as it will be, is coming. You might even get it this season.