PDA

View Full Version : Football Terrell Pryor and Others Disciplined by NCAA

Crush
12-23-2010, 10:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5950873

Five Ohio State players sanctioned

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrell Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits, the NCAA ruled Thursday.

A sixth football student-athlete must sit out the first game in 2011 for receiving discounted services in violation of NCAA rules.

All of the players be eligible for the Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl, however.

Five players were found to have sold awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receiving improper benefits in 2009. In addition to missing five games next season, Pryor, Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas must repay money and benefits ranging in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The repayments must be made to a charity.

Jordan Whiting must sit out the first game next year and pay $150 to a charity for the value of services that were discounted because of his status as a student-athlete.

The NCAA announced the suspensions on Thursday, shortly before Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and coach Jim Tressel were to meet with reporters to discuss the university's investigation of players trading autographs for tattoos.

Adams must repay $1,000 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring and Herron must repay $1,150 for selling his football jersey, pants and shoes for $1,000 and receiving discounted services worth $150.

Posey must repay $1,250 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,200 and receiving discounted services worth $50, while Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring, a 2009 Fiesta Bowl sportsmanship award and his 2008 Gold Pants, a gift from the university.

Solomon must repay $1,505 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,000, his 2008 Gold Pants for $350 and receiving discounted services worth $155.

"These are significant penalties based on findings and information provided by the university," Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said in a statement released by the NCAA.

The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said.

"We were not as explicit with our student-athlete education as we should have been in the 2007-08 and 2008-09 academic years regarding the sale of apparel, awards and gifts issued by the athletics department," Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith said in a statement. "We began to significantly improve our education in November of 2009 to address these issues. After going through this experience, we will further enhance our education for all our student-athletes as we move forward."

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report.

notorious
12-23-2010, 10:10 AM
They get to play in the Bowl game?

OH NO, they got suspended for 5 games against cupcake opponents. How are they ever going to make it?!?!?!

But there is this:

"The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said. "

I was taught that ignorance of the law/rules is no excuse for breaking them.....

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrell Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits, the NCAA ruled Thursday.

A sixth football student-athlete must sit out the first game in 2011 for receiving discounted services in violation of NCAA rules.

Five players were found to have sold awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receiving improper benefits in 2009. In addition to missing five games next season, Pryor, Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas must repay money and benefits ranging in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The repayments must be made to a charity.

Jordan Whiting must sit out the first game next year and pay $150 to a charity for the value of services that were discounted because of his status as a student-athlete.

The NCAA announced the suspensions on Thursday, shortly before Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and coach Jim Tressel were to meet with reporters to discuss the university's investigation of players trading autographs for tattoos.

Adams must repay $1,000 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring and Herron must repay $1,150 for selling his football jersey, pants and shoes for $1,000 and receiving discounted services worth $150.

Posey must repay $1,250 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,200 and receiving discounted services worth $50, while Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring, a 2009 Fiesta Bowl sportsmanship award and his 2008 Gold Pants, a gift from the university.

Solomon must repay $1,505 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,000, his 2008 Gold Pants for $350 and receiving discounted services worth $155.

"These are significant penalties based on findings and information provided by the university," Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said in a statement released by the NCAA.

The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said.

Weird, I heard the allegations, but they said they had no made a ruling yet. Either way, it's very dissappointing, what is with College athletes these days :doh!:

Mr. Laz
12-23-2010, 10:15 AM
If this happened at a smaller college the punishment would of been more harsh.

Discuss Thrower
12-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Seriously? Sweet editing.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
If this happened at a smaller college the punishment would of been more harsh.

Your and idiot.

Chiefnj2
12-23-2010, 10:20 AM
"The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said."

They didn't know they couldn't sell their stuff or receive discounted services. The NCAA is a big joke.

Pestilence
12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Why the hell would you want to sell a Championship ring?

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Weird, I heard the allegations, but they said they had no made a ruling yet. Either way, it's very dissappointing, what is with College athletes these days :doh!:

As an OSU fan, this can't surprise you. They, along w/ every other university, have been doing shit like this for a long time. They just suck at covering it up.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
"The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said."

They didn't know they couldn't sell their stuff or receive discounted services. The NCAA is a big joke.

Who would really guess you couldn't sell your Championship Ring if you didn't want it? In the same thought, why would you want too? I agree with you Pest, doesn't make much sense. It's sad to see some ridiculously stupid actions on their part. 5 games? Might as well go in the draft, thats half the freakin season, there goes our BCS hopes.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
As an OSU fan, this can't surprise you. They, along w/ every other university, have been doing shit like this for a long time. They just suck at covering it up.

I'm not naive by any means, but this is just such tard on these players parts its hard to fathom at times.

Pestilence
12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
The fucking NCAA is pathetic.

Sam Hall
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I find this very interesting. If Pryor comes back, his first game next year will be against Nebraska. I will be at the game. The game was already going to have hype (NU's first Big Ten home game). This potentially adds to it.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM

OH NO, they got suspended for 5 games against cupcake opponents. How are they ever going to make it?!?!?!

How is going to Miami a "cupcake game"??

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not naive by any means, but this is just such tard on these players parts its hard to fathom at times.

Oh I agree man. I don't know why they dirty their noses but it makes sense since none are there for academic reasons. They're just stupid, really stupid. Pryor should've got his ears tattooed closer to his head.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I find this very interesting. If Pryor comes back, his first game next year will be against Nebraska. I will be at the game. The game was already going to have hype (NU's first Big Ten home game). This potentially adds to it.

I doubt Pryor would even get drafted if he didn't come back. I see absolutely nothing about him that says "NFL QB". Maybe a WR b/c of those strides and his size but he's not a QB by any means.... hell, I'm more of a NFL QB than he is.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh I agree man. I don't know why they dirty their noses but it makes sense since none are there for academic reasons. They're just stupid, really stupid. Pryor should've got his ears tattooed closer to his head.

Haha that made me lol.

vailpass
12-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Stupid ****

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:37 AM

But there is this:

"The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said. "

I was taught that ignorance of the law/rules is no excuse for breaking them.....

Good job inserting your foot into your mouth, you tard wrangler. I guess at Miami, and home against Michigan State are really just gimme games. And then the game they should be back is against Nebraska lol, our season will be over before it got started.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Stupid ****

I can't believe these kids that see all these other athletes across the country getting busted for stupid stuff and can't learn a dang thing, or keep their nose clean. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Sure-Oz
12-23-2010, 10:51 AM

But there is this:

I think they pay for it more by not playing next year, 5 games....last time i checked the sugar bowl wasn't the national title game

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2010, 11:05 AM
The NCAA is a fascist organization.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 11:10 AM
The NCAA is a fascist organization.

I agree. If you seriously think about what they are being punished for, it is pretty stupid. They sold awards they won? Whoopdy do IMO, its whatever though, if a college player thinks in his mind "I wonder if this is ok to do" chances are they shouldn't do it. I will give them some slack because Gene Smith said they never really made them aware that this was wrong. Once again Im not conding their actions.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree. If you seriously think about what they are being punished for, it is pretty stupid. They sold awards they won? Whoopdy do IMO, its whatever though, if a college player thinks in his mind "I wonder if this is ok to do" chances are they shouldn't do it. I will give them some slack because Gene Smith said they never really made them aware that this was wrong. Once again Im not conding their actions.As long as Universities arent paying their players, I dont give a fuck how student athletes get money.

kepp
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
So are they given the championship rings or are they just on loan or something? If the rings are theirs shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever they want with them?

The God Hypothesis
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Your and idiot.

Great satire!!

Now onto Ohio State, I watched the ESPN coverage and they really seemed to be giving Pryor a pass because reportedly he sold the memorabilia to "help his mother". I might buy that version of the story if he also didn't use his celebrity to trade autographs for tattoos. How could a tattoo in anyway help his mother?!

I really believe the NCAA is allowing them to play in the Bowl game for ratings and money which of course are one in the same. The real story here is not the players making stupid decisions, but the NCAA's ruling and its obvious bias towards the bowl elites.

Mr. Laz
12-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Your and idiot.Ok Mr. Buckeye

:rolleyes:

Buehler445
12-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I really believe the NCAA is allowing them to play in the Bowl game for ratings and money which of course are one in the same. The real story here is not the players making stupid decisions, but the NCAA's ruling and its obvious bias towards the bowl elites.

This goes without saying. LOL@NCAA
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Good job inserting your foot into your mouth, you tard wrangler. I guess at Miami, and home against Michigan State are really just gimme games. And then the game they should be back is against Nebraska lol, our season will be over before it got started.

I'm sorry, I just assumed they played their normal dogshit non-conference schedule from the last 30 years.

notorious
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
I think they pay for it more by not playing next year, 5 games....last time i checked the sugar bowl wasn't the national title game

I admit I over-reacted. It is a BCS bowl game, and I bet that the school would rather enter a BCS bowl with guns blazing then sit the BCS game plus a couple regular season games.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry, I just assumed they played their normal dogshit non-conference schedule from the last 30 years.

They actually have beefed it up and adding Nebraska to the mix definitely makes things even more interesting. After this year w/ Miami, they have a couple w/ Cal and then after that I think they have WVU.

notorious
12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
They actually have beefed it up and adding Nebraska to the mix definitely makes things even more interesting. After this year w/ Miami, they have a couple w/ Cal and then after that I think they have WVU.

Thanks. I am wrong for not checking and just assuming they played their normal schedule.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I am wrong for not checking and just assuming they played their normal schedule.

I understand why you would think that though. It's been that way for a long time and most schools do it. Just one reason the NFL > college.... but that's a very different, long, usually heated debate.

Buehler445
12-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Is pryor not a senior? He's been there for fucking ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I understand why you would think that though. It's been that way for a long time and most schools do it. Just one reason the NFL > college.... but that's a very different, long, usually heated debate.

I agree. Why should the elites schedule any competition? They get the red carpet rolled out for them no matter who they play.

Props to OSU for trying. They will probably find that by scheduling a harder schedule their team will be better when it counts.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Is pryor not a senior? He's been there for fucking ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Junior. Seems like he's been there forever b/c he started as a true freshman. He needs to stay his senior year anyway. He's gonna be nothing in the league so if he likes football, he might as well enjoy it while he can.

jettio
12-23-2010, 11:47 AM
One game suspension for the bowl game would seem to make more sense, but the TV rights for that were sold at a high price, so they get a five game suspension a year out from the date of the violation.

A very cynical move by the NCAA to give more games than deserved, 5 football games is like 15 games for a basketball player, but to postpone implementation not to affect the bowl game.

The way they handled Cam Newton and this move shows that the NCAA will let people "get away" with breaking rules if punishment for breaking rules is going to affect TV Revenue.

Rules education?

So, the NCAA is saying that these players honestly thought they could trade sh*t the school gave them for money and no rules would be broken.

That does not seem credible to me.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree. Why should the elites schedule any competition? They get the red carpet rolled out for them no matter who they play.

Props to OSU for trying. They will probably find that by scheduling a harder schedule their team will be better when it counts.

I'm w/ ya. It makes no sense for these big schools to schedule anything tough for OOC games. Like people w/ BSU and TCU keep whining "no one schedules us" well of fucking course they don't. They have everything to lose and those smaller schools got everything to gain. Not worth it.

I am also glad OSU is trying and the beatdown they gave Miami might've helped them get the at large bid that they did get opposed to what might've happened if that opponent was say.. Akron.

Demonpenz
12-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Junior. Seems like he's been there forever b/c he started as a true freshman. He needs to stay his senior year anyway. He's gonna be nothing in the league so if he likes football, he might as well enjoy it while he can.

people here said the same thing about Tebow oops look who's dropped a TD on the chiefs already.

Pushead2
12-23-2010, 11:51 AM
The ****ing NCAA is pathetic.

this x100

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
people here said the same thing about Tebow oops look who's dropped a TD on the chiefs already.

Tebow and Pryor are completely different situations. Pryor just sucks. Tebow's mechanics are in question. Anyone who questioned Tebow's athleticism doesn't know anything. He can play, he just has some hiccups in his mechanics that will ever hinder him being a good QB (IMO).

Pryor never throws the ball anyway, his accuracy sucks, he decision making sucks, he just has no chance IMO.

jettio
12-23-2010, 11:56 AM

He wanted to help his mother.

She always wanted her son to get a tattoo and nipple ring.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Ok Mr. Buckeye

:rolleyes:

Read my posts tard, you said if it was a smaller school it would be more harsh? Ok 5 games is half the season, so for a college senior (which 4 of them are) that is a huge punishment I don't care what level or size school it is.

seamonster
12-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I've never played amateur sports in college, but at this point the NCAA and the Colleges are starting to look more and more like legalized slavery syndicates. How much money did Indiana get from playing their game in that NFL stadium last year? 20 Mil? And you're saying a player can't even get a summer job or sell his hurting conference ring to buy nice shoes?

They're all the official property of colleges at this point and all these coaches and sponsors are cutting some sick checks right in front of these same players. insane.

-King-
12-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Wait...so let me get this straight...

They're getting suspended for selling things that belong to them? Really?

Spicy McHaggis
12-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm disappointed in these kids, I feel it's appropriate to say none of them were acting like leaders.

Does the overwrought brain-child of an overpaid, out of touch, marketing think-tank mean absolutely nothing to them? Well!?

jettio
12-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Wait...so let me get this straight...

They're getting suspended for selling things that belong to them? Really?

The school gave them the things they sold for money.

If the schools could sh*t out gifts and awards to give to players that "belong to them" after awarded, and the players routinely sold those gifts and awards for cash, that would be the school paying players.

If there is a rule limiting the amount of cash to give players, it is not unreasonable to have a rule that stops players from selling stuff the school gives them.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet no Pryor for the game in Lincoln!

Wrong you silly butt pirate.

Sat, Sep 03 Akron Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Sep 10 Toledo Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Sep 17 Miami (Fla.) at Miami, Fla. TBA
Sat, Sep 24 Colorado Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Oct 01 Michigan State * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Nebraska is number 6, they are suspended for 5 games silly.

Sat, Oct 08 Nebraska * at Lincoln, Neb. TBA

Sat, Oct 15 Illinois at Champaign, Ill TBA

Sat, Oct 29 Wisconsin * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 05 Indiana * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Purdue * at West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Penn State * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 26 Michigan * at Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

Sat, Dec 03 Big Ten Championship Game * at Indianapolis, Ind. TBA

Chocolate Hog
12-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Wrong you silly butt pirate.

Sat, Sep 03 Akron Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Sep 10 Toledo Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Sep 17 Miami (Fla.) at Miami, Fla. TBA
Sat, Sep 24 Colorado Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat, Oct 01 Michigan State * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Nebraska is number 6, they are suspended for 5 games silly.

Sat, Oct 08 Nebraska * at Lincoln, Neb. TBA

Sat, Oct 15 Illinois at Champaign, Ill TBA

Sat, Oct 29 Wisconsin * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 05 Indiana * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Purdue * at West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Penn State * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 26 Michigan * at Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

Sat, Dec 03 Big Ten Championship Game * at Indianapolis, Ind. TBA

Yea I read it wrong. Dammit.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry, I just assumed they played their normal dogshit non-conference schedule from the last 30 years.Well done! They played Miami this season. They played USC in 08 and 09 and they played Texas in 05 and 06.

Chocolate Hog
12-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Sad thing is they won't lose any of those games except MAYBE Michigan State.

-King-
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM

If the schools could sh*t out gifts and awards to give to players that "belong to them" after awarded, and the players routinely sold those gifts and awards for cash, that would be the school paying players.

If there is a rule limiting the amount of cash to give players, it is not unreasonable to have a rule that stops players from selling stuff the school gives them.

The awards belong to the players. No matter what. The players should be able to do what ever they want with them.

Thats like your boss controlling how you spend your paycheck.

Superturtle
12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
The awards belong to the players. No matter what. The players should be able to do what ever they want with them.

Thats like your boss controlling how you spend your paycheck.
Not really. NCAA players are not paid to play sports. I can definitely see the logic in the rule.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Sad thing is they won't lose any of those games except MAYBE Michigan State.

Dude, if Tress plays Joe Bauserman over Kenny Guitton we could lose to Miami, and MSU. I pray to the Lord Guitton earns the starting spot, because Bauserman is garbage. Posey and Herron don't hurt too much (Herron is a stud) because they are the top WR and RB, but we have some talent in those spots, but Pryor really hurts. When you lose your four year starting QB in his senior year for 5 games, I don't care how you slice it, that hurts.

-King-
12-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Not really. NCAA players are not paid to play sports. I can definitely see the logic in the rule.

They're not paid at all. Thats the problem.

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
They're not legally paid at all. Thats the problem.

Fixed.

I'd like to think that 80% of your top athletes have received some "favors" from the institution.

Chocolate Hog
12-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Dude, if Tress plays Joe Bauserman over Kenny Guitton we could lose to Miami, and MSU. I pray to the Lord Guitton earns the starting spot, because Bauserman is garbage. Posey and Herron don't hurt too much (Herron is a stud) because they are the top WR and RB, but we have some talent in those spots, but Pryor really hurts. When you lose your four year starting QB in his senior year for 5 games, I don't care how you slice it, that hurts.

Yea but look at who you play. We beat Colorado by 4 touchdowns with our 4th string QB. OSU has enough talent on defense to win all those games.

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately I believe this sh*t happens at just about every University. It is next to impossible for the head coach and other members of the football team to monitor these players 24/7. I hate that people are saying that these are only "kids", BS, they are young adults and know better. Period. Frankly, I wish they would be suspended for the BCS Bowl game because many of them will now declare for the NFL because of this and they'll never be punished. The NCAA does not want this because of all of the money they will lose, their reasoning behind not handing out this punishment is ridiculous. The one good thing that comes out of this for me is that the way OSU handled this makes me have faith in JT and OSU. They didn't run and hide from this like most programs do, they dealt with it quickly and decisively. OH-IO.

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 01:46 PM

I don't know how closely you follow the program, but from what I've been told Graham has played much better than Bauserman and Guiton. Who knows when Miller gets on to campus. If you haven't seen him play, you must. Amazing football player.

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Tebow and Pryor are completely different situations. Pryor just sucks. Tebow's mechanics are in question. Anyone who questioned Tebow's athleticism doesn't know anything. He can play, he just has some hiccups in his mechanics that will ever hinder him being a good QB (IMO).

Pryor never throws the ball anyway, his accuracy sucks, he decision making sucks, he just has no chance IMO.

He throws an okay deep pass. He really sucks at the short passes. Even struggles with screen passes at times.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Yea but look at who you play. We beat Colorado by 4 touchdowns with our 4th string QB. OSU has enough talent on defense to win all those games.

Dude we lose a ton of talent on defense, all of the following are starters we lose:
1.) Brian Rolle MLB
2) Ross Homan WLB
3) Cameron Heyward (need I say anything else)
4) Chemdi Chekwa CB
5) Devon Torrence CB
6) Dexter Larimore DT
7) Jermale Hines FS

Chiefnj2
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM
They're not paid at all. Thats the problem.

Free tuition, books, board, meals. I wish someone wouldn't pay me.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't know how closely you follow the program, but from what I've been told Graham has played much better than Bauserman and Guiton. Who knows when Miller gets on to campus. If you haven't seen him play, you must. Amazing football player.

I follow pretty closely, I have quite a few buddies I work out with that played for TOSU, and I have a lot of inside scoop from them. Braxton Miller will get redshirted IMO. Graham is ok, he has a lot of intangibles you cant teach, but I'm not Terrelle Pryor freshman year excited about him.

BTW my "buddies": Mike Doss, Tyler Everett, Pete Johnson, they see a lot so I trust what they see, but that's neither here nor there.

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
He throws an okay deep pass. He really sucks at the short passes. Even struggles with screen passes at times.

I would venture to say he has an above average deep ball, but you're right his intermediate routes can be awful.

Chocolate Hog
12-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Dude we lose a ton of talent on defense, all of the following are starters we lose:
1.) Brian Rolle MLB
2) Ross Homan WLB
4) Chemdi Chekwa CB
5) Devon Torrence CB
6) Dexter Larimore DT
7) Jermale Hines FS

We're gonna beat you guys :)

JTagg7754
12-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I can dig Pryor throwing a decent deep ball. He surely does. I don't see why Miller would be red shirted. He needs to put on some weight but I've seen the kid play a few times (I live very close to him and saw some Wayne games (we played each other when I was in high school back when)) but he is legit. i think he'll be a good ball player for sure.

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 02:25 PM

:) Dude. You should see our D-Line haul for the next few years. An embarassment of riches.

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
1.) Brian Rolle MLB
2) Ross Homan WLB
4) Chemdi Chekwa CB
5) Devon Torrence CB
6) Dexter Larimore DT
7) Jermale Hines FS

I know this may come off as arrongant, but I think we only miss Heyward. I think we have that much talent on D waiting in the wings. Remember a few years ago when we graduated a lot of talent and everyone feared our D would struggle, we were solid then. I don't see that changing.

Epic Fail 007
12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
good those fools deserve it,BAN FOR LIFE!

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I know this may come off as arrongant, but I think we only miss Heyward. I think we have that much talent on D waiting in the wings. Remember a few years ago when we graduated a lot of talent and everyone feared our D would struggle, we were solid then. I don't see that changing.

Are you joking? Cam didn't even have that great of a year out of the seniors. Homan wont be terribly hard to replace, but you think Brian Rolle is easy to replace? You think Torrence and Chekwa are easy to replace?

El Jefe
12-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I can dig Pryor throwing a decent deep ball. He surely does. I don't see why Miller would be red shirted. He needs to put on some weight but I've seen the kid play a few times (I live very close to him and saw some Wayne games (we played each other when I was in high school back when)) but he is legit. i think he'll be a good ball player for sure.

Dude he will be behind TP, Bauserman, Guitton, and Graham, they will shirt this kid. Look at what they did with Sabino, OSU will redshirt great players. You know who I am stoked about? I can't wait for CJ Barnett, dude is gonna be a beast, it really hurt to lose him that early in the season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2010, 02:38 PM
What a fucking joke.

"We have determined that we want OSU's marquee player to play in one of our signature bowl games. Therefore, we are going to use a completely illogical excuse to allow him to play in the game, thus maintaining revenue."

Bambi
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
College Football, becoming more of a sideshow day after day...

I really hope they fix this game. It's so screwed up right now.

Sam Hall
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I will be optimistic about Nebraska's chances against Ohio State if Shawn Watson leaves soon. I'm obviously excited about next year, but it's simply because of the new conference opponents. I will be concerned about our record if Watson is still the offensive coordinator. Sounds like Tim Beck would be a good replacement.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCqE8tMfEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCqE8tMfEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bambi
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCqE8tMfEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TuCqE8tMfEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you're right. A man ahead of the time...

oh well. go chiefs

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM
you're right. A man ahead of the time...

oh well. go chiefs

Ahead, behind, and around.

Bambi
12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Ahead, behind, and around.

I don't care what a man looks like as long as he wins an orange bowl.

:)

Chocolate Hog
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't care what a man looks like as long as he wins an orange bowl.

:)

Obviously the school didn't care about him either.

Chiefs Rool
12-23-2010, 04:00 PM
this whole improper benefits shit is getting out of hand.

Garcia Bronco
12-23-2010, 04:01 PM
What a bunch of nonsense to even make them miss a game.

beer bacon
12-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Kinda hope you guys crush him. If he deserves to be suspended for five games, then he deserves to be suspended for the Sugar Bowl. NCAA is a joke.

seamonster
12-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Yeah, well, I'd say it's obviously time for these schools that are addicted to college football money to accept the fact that these "kids" are tier two professional athletes and should be getting some compensation if it's not going directly into the schools coffers. It's either that, or these pompous assed people with the priciples that are cashing the checks can give away those billion dollar TV deals, clothing royalties, and ticket sales to educational institutions.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm a fan of OSU (don't hate me).

That being said, there's no excuse. They knew the rules and broke it.

What makes me more upset is not the punishment, but the crooked NCAA bastards who make punishments arbitrarily. These guys shouldn't play in a bowl but are playing because the NCAA wouldn't fathom losing money on the Sugar Bowl. And Cam Newton should be suspended for a full season, but got out scot free because God forbid Boise State or TCU make the national championship game.

LiveSteam
12-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoJC View Post
1.) Brian Rolle MLB
2) Ross Homan WLB
4) Chemdi Chekwa CB
5) Devon Torrence CB
6) Dexter Larimore DT
7) Jermale Hines FS

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

ohiobronco2
12-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Are you joking? Cam didn't even have that great of a year out of the seniors. Homan wont be terribly hard to replace, but you think Brian Rolle is easy to replace? You think Torrence and Chekwa are easy to replace?

Cam didn't have that great of a year statistically. I personally saw about 4 times this year where the man should have had a sack but whiffed. Anyways, he is a solid player, was just double teamed a lot. Also, I think he looked so great last year because we had one hell of a D rotation. Brian Rolle is solid all around, but he's a little undersized for the position. I'm anxious to see what Klein can do if healthy. Hell, who even fills out the LB spots. Sweat and Sabino have to fill out two of the spots I'd assume. Torrence and Chekwa have played well this year, I'm just saying we have plenty of talent in the secondary with perhaps the best CB in the country coming in next year. All I'm really saying is look what happened after the 2005-2006 season, we lost Hawk, Carpenter, Whitner, Youboty, Kudla and Schlegel. We had a statistically better defense the following year.

-King-
12-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Free tuition, books, board, meals. I wish someone wouldn't pay me.

Yeah, and they can't get jobs so they can't get shit they want. Meanwhile, the kid with the full band scholarship can get all the free shit and all the jobs he wants. So can the guy with the full academic scholarship.

So stop with that BS. They need to get paid. Especially when you factor in the fact that the sports program brings in the vast majority of the schools money.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, and they can't get jobs so they can't get shit they want. Meanwhile, the kid with the full band scholarship can get all the free shit and all the jobs he wants. So can the guy with the full academic scholarship.

So stop with that BS. They need to get paid. Especially when you factor in the fact that the sports program brings in the vast majority of the schools money.

Wait, hold on one second...

You're saying the guy with the full academic scholarship doesn't deserve it?

God help this country when our academic system tells us our athletes are more valuable than our future leaders. That's totally backwards.

Fuck that. I'm all for giving these guys scholarships, but that's it. These colleges make money for their programs, but just so you know, that money then either goes to funding other athletic programs.

It's pretty damn simple. Enforce the rules in place. That's it. While I appreciate the time college athletes put in to becoming better football players, I fail to see how that's different from a pre-med student who stays up until 3AM every night cramming to solve his community's medical problems.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2010, 10:25 PM

He is getting paid. He's getting 30,000 a year to play football. It just so happens that 30,000 is providing him with an education and room and board.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Great satire!!

Now onto Ohio State, I watched the ESPN coverage and they really seemed to be giving Pryor a pass because reportedly he sold the memorabilia to "help his mother". I might buy that version of the story if he also didn't use his celebrity to trade autographs for tattoos. How could a tattoo in anyway help his mother?!

Yeah, I wouldn't believe ESPN. They're banking on bowl ratings like everyone else. Crooked pieces of shit. Cam Newton should have been suspended for the season. And as an OSU fan, I think all 5 of these guys should be suspended by the Bowl game.

The government n eeds to step in and stop this crooked system.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Who would really guess you couldn't sell your Championship Ring if you didn't want it? In the same thought, why would you want too? I agree with you Pest, doesn't make much sense. It's sad to see some ridiculously stupid actions on their part. 5 games? Might as well go in the draft, thats half the freakin season, there goes our BCS hopes.

OSU wasn't going to the BCS no matter what. When I watch TP, he's not going to get them there. It's not about ability, it's about inconsistent focus and the fact that he just doesn't have the mental capacity to QB the team. It would be great if Braxton Miller could progress faster and if OSU would have the balls to let him play sooner. I was never excited about TP coming back to OSU. The guy's complete garbage.

-King-
12-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Wait, hold on one second...

You're saying the guy with the full academic scholarship doesn't deserve it?

God help this country when our academic system tells us our athletes are more valuable than our future leaders. That's totally backwards. Please show me where I said that. Please.

Fuck that. I'm all for giving these guys scholarships, but that's it. These colleges make money for their programs, but just so you know, that money then either goes to funding other athletic programs.

It's pretty damn simple. Enforce the rules in place. That's it. While I appreciate the time college athletes put in to becoming better football players, I fail to see how that's different from a pre-med student who stays up until 3AM every night cramming to solve his community's medical problems. That pre-med student can get money whichever way he pleases. The athlete cant.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Please show me where I said that. Please.

That pre-med student can get money whichever way he pleases. The athlete cant.

You said pretty clearly that pre med students can get any job that they want and all the free shit that they want. You'd be hard-pressed to find many students who get full rides with free room and board on academic merit alone. So even when a brilliant pre-med student or engineer juggles both a rigorous course load and a job, they still come up way short of the kind of perks an athlete gets. And rarely do they ever get "free stuff."

Getting a college athlete access to a free education, free room and board, and access to tremendous coaches/staff (not to mention the spotlight where others, including scouts, can watch them play) who will accelerate their development as a player is more than enough pay. And they shouldn't get jobs either, given that a booster can pay them to work BS work just to give them a paycheck.

College athletes shouldn't get paid, period. Especially when you're talking about state schools that are funded by taxpayers.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm a fan of OSU (don't hate me).

That being said, there's no excuse. They knew the rules and broke it.
What makes me more upset is not the punishment, but the crooked NCAA bastards who make punishments arbitrarily. These guys shouldn't play in a bowl but are playing because the NCAA wouldn't fathom losing money on the Sugar Bowl. And Cam Newton should be suspended for a full season, but got out scot free because God forbid Boise State or TCU make the national championship game.

Not true, Gene Smith clearly accepted some responsibility and said that they had not clearly covered this issue with their athletes. And since 2009 they have been putting more empahsis on it and covering that topic. Should it have been common knowledge to these kids, or could they have at least asked if it was ok, yes they should have, but they were not told they could not do that. Im not defending either way, but Gene Smith felt the need to.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Cam didn't have that great of a year statistically. I personally saw about 4 times this year where the man should have had a sack but whiffed. Anyways, he is a solid player, was just double teamed a lot. Also, I think he looked so great last year because we had one hell of a D rotation. Brian Rolle is solid all around, but he's a little undersized for the position. I'm anxious to see what Klein can do if healthy. Hell, who even fills out the LB spots. Sweat and Sabino have to fill out two of the spots I'd assume. Torrence and Chekwa have played well this year, I'm just saying we have plenty of talent in the secondary with perhaps the best CB in the country coming in next year. All I'm really saying is look what happened after the 2005-2006 season, we lost Hawk, Carpenter, Whitner, Youboty, Kudla and Schlegel. We had a statistically better defense the following year.

But see the only people I felt hurt losing off that 05 team was Hawk and Carpenter who was hurt anyway. Whitner and Youboty I never thought were that great, Kudla was ok, Schlegel was a workout warrior and a crazy strong man, but those types can always be replaced.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't believe ESPN. They're banking on bowl ratings like everyone else. Crooked pieces of shit. Cam Newton should have been suspended for the season. And as an OSU fan, I think all 5 of these guys should be suspended by the Bowl game.

The government n eeds to step in and stop this crooked system.

Ok I do admit it was stupid, but I do find it funny that people are making such a big deal about them selling AWARDS they won. I mean honestly who gives an F? It doesn't help them on the field, they weren't skipping class, robbing people, getting in fights, or commiting any other crimes, they sold stuff they won. I ask myself why in the world would they want to sell that stuff anyways, but it does crack me up people act like they took steroids and beat their girlfriends while smoking crack.

BTW I agree with you on Cam Newton and the fact the NCAA is a crooked system.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 06:47 AM
OSU wasn't going to the BCS no matter what. When I watch TP, he's not going to get them there. It's not about ability, it's about inconsistent focus and the fact that he just doesn't have the mental capacity to QB the team. It would be great if Braxton Miller could progress faster and if OSU would have the balls to let him play sooner. I was never excited about TP coming back to OSU. The guy's complete garbage.

Dude I read your post and mother of pearl it's an epic :doh!: Pryor has everything it takes to lead this team to a National Championship, do I believe he is going to be a good NFL qb or even play QB in the NFL, hells no. But to say he is complete garbage is the dumbest statement I have ever read on this site. Look at his stats and his W-L ratio, yeah he is complete garbage, gee whiz, our O-Line has been average at absolute best the entire time he has been here too. Yeah he does lack some moxy at times, but boy he really choked when it was 4th down and 11 against Iowa with the game/Big 10 title/season on the line and he dropped back checked his reads and ran for 14 yards, and there's more examples of this to be found.

Extra Point
12-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I figure that if one makes the team with a roster of up to 62 players, for instance in football, or 16 for basketball, then they should all get a free ride, books, and board in the athletic dorm paid. The NCAA makes tons of money; this step would cut their policing payroll requirement in a major way.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Dude I read your post and mother of pearl it's an epic :doh!: Pryor has everything it takes to lead this team to a National Championship, do I believe he is going to be a good NFL qb or even play QB in the NFL, hells no. But to say he is complete garbage is the dumbest statement I have ever read on this site. Look at his stats and his W-L ratio, yeah he is complete garbage, gee whiz, our O-Line has been average at absolute best the entire time he has been here too. Yeah he does lack some moxy at times, but boy he really choked when it was 4th down and 11 against Iowa with the game/Big 10 title/season on the line and he dropped back checked his reads and ran for 14 yards, and there's more examples of this to be found.

You need to take your blinders off. Pryor is not an NFL QB. Not even CLOSE. I think he has potential to be drafted as a RB or a WR. But based on what we've seen so far, he has more college starts than most college QBs going into the draft and still looks like the least experienced. His W-L record is superb because it's college football. Their Big 10 schedule this season was a breeze. He doesn't step up against legit defenses because he has no concept for how to read defenses.

What I have seen from the guy is a guy whose pocket presence isn't bad, who's a terrific running QB, but he throws a duck of a spiral, consistently throws the ball low, has nothing that even closely resembles accuracy, stares down his receivers, and will hold onto the ball for an eternity.

The guy is not reliable enough to lead the team to a national championship. He'll find a few games against bad defenses where he'll lay a big goose egg.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 06:59 AM
You need to take your blinders off. Pryor is not an NFL QB. Not even CLOSE. I think he has potential to be drafted as a RB or a WR. But based on what we've seen so far, he has more college starts than most college QBs going into the draft and still looks like the least experienced. His W-L record is superb because it's college football. Their Big 10 schedule this season was a breeze. He doesn't step up against legit defenses because he has no concept for how to read defenses.

What I have seen from the guy is a guy whose pocket presence isn't bad, who's a terrific running QB, but he throws a duck of a spiral, consistently throws the ball low, has nothing that even closely resembles accuracy, stares down his receivers, and will hold onto the ball for an eternity.

The guy is not reliable enough to lead the team to a national championship. He'll find a few games against bad defenses where he'll lay a big goose egg.

Dude did you even read my post?? I specifically stated that??

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 07:00 AM

Ok, you definitely did not read any of my post that you quoted, EPIC FAIL sir!

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Not true, Gene Smith clearly accepted some responsibility and said that they had not clearly covered this issue with their athletes. And since 2009 they have been putting more empahsis on it and covering that topic. Should it have been common knowledge to these kids, or could they have at least asked if it was ok, yes they should have, but they were not told they could not do that. Im not defending either way, but Gene Smith felt the need to.

Come on, man. Of COURSE Gene Smith is going to do that. It's a smart statement for him to make--it's a way to save face for the school while making them still sound remoreseful.

The guys were accepting gifts (tattoos) and selling stuff given to them from Ohio State for $'s. They know they can't have jobs. They know they can't sell autographs, which means they should be well aware they can't sell championship rings and awards. At some point, players have to accept responsibility for bad decisions. These guys are well-versed in the fact that they're not allowed to have jobs or get stuff for free. There is no way they didn't know that what they were doing was wrong.

And oh by the way, can I point out... selling a championship ring, to me, is a shameless act of individualism. A true team player would never sell a team award.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Can Pryor block and catch? He's huge. I bet he'd make a good TE.

He would be a project at QB.

You're not gonna find a single Buckeye fan who thinks he'll make a good NFL QB.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Dude did you even read my post?? I specifically stated that??

I did read what you wrote.

Everything it takes? Ha. Yeah, except accuracy, the ability to read good defenses, and the ability to step up consistently in big games. Apart from that, yes... he does play outstanding against bad defenses and he does play good very inconsistently against great defenses.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:04 AM

You're not gonna find a single Buckeye fun who thinks he'll make a good NFL QB.

Not true. See above.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2010, 07:06 AM
And oh by the way, can I point out... selling a championship ring, to me, is a shameless act of individualism. A true team player would never sell a team award.:rolleyes: Please. If you're college student in need of money you would.

Direct you Ohio St. hate elsewhere.

chiefzilla1501

You're not gonna find a single Buckeye fun who thinks he'll make a good NFL QB.

I dont' know if he can block and catch. But he is an enormous target. Tall and big and very difficult to take down, and he's a very smooth runner. I really think he has potential to be a Boldin type receiver. I think his ability as a Quarterback would also make him a natural at understanding how to break down a defense.

El Jefe
Come on, man. Of COURSE Gene Smith is going to do that. It's a smart statement for him to make--it's a way to save face for the school while making them still sound remoreseful.

The guys were accepting gifts (tattoos) and selling stuff given to them from Ohio State for $'s. They know they can't have jobs. They know they can't sell autographs, which means they should be well aware they can't sell championship rings and awards. At some point, players have to accept responsibility for bad decisions. These guys are well-versed in the fact that they're not allowed to have jobs or get stuff for free. There is no way they didn't know that what they were doing was wrong.

And oh by the way, can I point out... selling a championship ring, to me, is a shameless act of individualism. A true team player would never sell a team award.

Umm Gene Smith didn't need to say anything, Tressel made no shortcomings about he, he handled it well. What would anything anyone says change? These are adults, they cannot be monitored every hour of every day, this is why these things happen.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:09 AM
:rolleyes: Please. If you're college student in need of money you would.

I've said pretty clearly that I'm an Ohio State fan. I'm not going to defend idiots. Accepting gifts from the school where there is some ambiguity of the rules is one thing. I don't have a huge problem with that because the rule is so inconsistently enforced. I have a huge problem with jeopardizing your career and the team because of something they clearly, clearly knew was wrong, regardless of what Gene Smith says.

It was stupid. It was wrong. They should be punished and quite frankly shouldn't be allowed to play in the bowl game.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Not true. See above.Heh, actually for me its below.

I dont see where he said he thinks Pryor would be a good NFL QB.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 07:11 AM
I did read what you wrote.

Everything it takes? Ha. Yeah, except accuracy, the ability to read good defenses, and the ability to step up consistently in big games. Apart from that, yes... he does play outstanding against bad defenses and he does play good very inconsistently against great defenses.

Do you have short term memory?? We went to (backed into) a National Championship with Todd Boeckman, Pryor is three times as good as Boeckman, so to say he couldn't get us to a National Championship is of epic tard proportions. We have a very good team, we don't need Peyton Manning at QB.

Obviously we have a HATER in Lincoln Park.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 07:12 AM
:rolleyes: Please. If you're college student in need of money you would.

No way he is a Buckeye fan, I don't care what he says.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Umm Gene Smith didn't need to say anything, Tressel made no shortcomings about he, he handled it well. What would anything anyone says change? These are adults, they cannot be monitored every hour of every day, this is why these things happen.

Gene Smith absolutely needs to say something because any form of denial would suggest that the program condones this type of thing. The program needs to save face. Ohio State is a program that has very consistently self-reported violations. I'm sure they don't run a clean program, but comparative to most NCAA teams, they seem to. I believe a few years ago, they reported that they gave Anthony Gonzalez some kind of free OSU BBall tickets as a reward for academic merit.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I've said pretty clearly that I'm an Ohio State fan. I'm not going to defend idiots. Accepting gifts from the school where there is some ambiguity of the rules is one thing. I don't have a huge problem with that because the rule is so inconsistently enforced. I have a huge problem with jeopardizing your career and the team because of something they clearly, clearly knew was wrong, regardless of what Gene Smith says.

It was stupid. It was wrong. They should be punished and quite frankly shouldn't be allowed to play in the bowl game.Stupid for punishing ANY student athletes for this kind of shit.

As I said earlier in this thread, I dont give a shit how they get money, as long as the University isnt paying them and its not illegal. I dont even care if Boosters pay them. I just dont care.

Fuck the NCAA.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Heh, actually for me its below.

I dont see where he said he thinks Pryor would be a good NFL QB.

Okay, I misread that.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Do you have short term memory?? We went to (backed into) a National Championship with Todd Boeckman, Pryor is three times as good as Boeckman, so to say he couldn't get us to a National Championship is of epic tard proportions. We have a very good team, we don't need Peyton Manning at QB.

Obviously we have a HATER in Lincoln Park.

The Buckeyes made the championship game loaded with talent. Next season, they're going to lose some very good players regardless of whether Pryor is playing or not. And even if they had good talent, I have no faith in the guy to win big games. Especially next year when they get Nebraska, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. I see next year as a rebuild year. Ohio State is always going to be good enough for a 2-3 loss season at worst. And Pryor could have gotten them there. But he's not going to lead the team to a BCS title next year.

I'm more excited for Braxton Miller as a freshman than I am for Pryor as a senior. Whether that happens next year of the year after.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
The Buckeyes made the championship game loaded with talent. Next season, they're going to lose some very good players regardless of whether Pryor is playing or not. And even if they had good talent, I have no faith in the guy to win big games. Especially next year when they get Nebraska, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. I see next year as a rebuild year. Ohio State is always going to be good enough for a 2-3 loss season at worst. And Pryor could have gotten them there. But he's not going to lead the team to a BCS title next year. I'm more excited for Braxton Miller as a freshman than I am for Pryor as a senior. Whether that happens next year of the year after.

Ok so you do agree with me?? And obviously he wont lead them to a NC because he's out for five games ROFL. I don't believe they will waste a year of elgibility for Braxton for 5 games, this IS terrelle Pryor's team whether you like him or not.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 07:29 AM
The Buckeyes made the championship game loaded with talent. Next season, they're going to lose some very good players regardless of whether Pryor is playing or not. And even if they had good talent, I have no faith in the guy to win big games. Especially next year when they get Nebraska, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. I see next year as a rebuild year. Ohio State is always going to be good enough for a 2-3 loss season at worst. And Pryor could have gotten them there. But he's not going to lead the team to a BCS title next year.

I'm more excited for Braxton Miller as a freshman than I am for Pryor as a senior. Whether that happens next year of the year after.

Ok are you seriously a Buckeye fan??? You do realize the NC game against LSU was in our "Rebuild" year because of all the talent we lost??? We were not that talented that year.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Ok are you seriously a Buckeye fan??? You do realize the NC game against LSU was in our "Rebuild" year because of all the talent we lost??? We were not that talented that year.

Yes, I do. Thank you for reminding me. They had a pattycake schedule that year and based on the way they got waxed, I don't think they belonged there (ironically, I thought the team that got creamed against Florida was a much better team).

And stop this bullshit about "are you a fan"? That's the most obnoxious thing ever? You don't have to drink the kool-aid 24/7 to be a fan.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, I do. Thank you for reminding me. They had a pattycake schedule that year and based on the way they got waxed, I don't think they belonged there (ironically, I thought the team that got creamed against Florida was a much better team).

And stop this bullshit about "are you a fan"? That's the most obnoxious thing ever? You don't have to drink the kool-aid 24/7 to be a fan.

Well I can't help it, even this post makes it hard for me to believe you are a Buckeye fan. You think the team that got beat by Florida was better? Umm it wasn't even a thought in any Buckeye fans mind, that was one of the most talented Buckeye Teams ever.

The reason it's hard for me to believe you are a fan is because most of your posts are illogical and pretty dumb. It's like you are trying to guess about stuff that you don't know, hence my doubt of your following. I didn't say you have to drink any kool-aid to be a fan, but if you're going to start posting some dumb stuff about my favorite team and you really don't know what you're talking about I will call you on it.

There is a difference between Ohiobronco and I having a dispute, because he knows his stuff about the Buckeyes. Most of your posts just aren't smart, my last point, our schedule wasn't that patsy, we beat a ranked Purdue, Penn State, and a good Michigan team that year, but I digress.

jettio
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM

It was stupid. It was wrong. They should be punished and quite frankly shouldn't be allowed to play in the bowl game.

I do not know why this Gene Smith guy wants to buy their story that these players "did it for their families."

What proof does he have that these players sent any cash home to their parents, and what kind of parents would accept the money without asking questions?

It is pretty clear that these guys being eligble to declare for the draft led to this cynical decision to let them play in the Sugar Bowl but then give them 5 games for the next year.

The players were wrong, but 5 games is excessive, but OSU and the NCAA are obviously about making that money.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I do not know why this Gene Smith guy wants to buy their story that these players "did it for their families."
What proof does he have that these players sent any cash home to their parents, and what kind of parents would accept the money without asking questions?

It is pretty clear that these guys being eligble to declare for the draft led to this cynical decision to let them play in the Sugar Bowl but then give them 5 games for the next year.

The players were wrong, but 5 games is excessive, but OSU and the NCAA are obviously about making that money.

Good post man :thumb: I really don't think the 5 game suspension had much to do with them being elgible for the draft, I think the Bowl money had more precedence in this case. Because Boom Herron is a 3rd round pick tops, Posey is a 3-4th rounder and Pryor isn't even on a draft radar. I agree with 5 games being excessive though. Oh well, they made their beds, now its time for them to lay in them.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Well I can't help it, even this post makes it hard for me to believe you are a Buckeye fan. You think the team that got beat by Florida was better? Umm it wasn't even a thought in any Buckeye fans mind, that was one of the most talented Buckeye Teams ever.

The reason it's hard for me to believe you are a fan is because most of your posts are illogical and pretty dumb. It's like you are trying to guess about stuff that you don't know, hence my doubt of your following. I didn't say you have to drink any kool-aid to be a fan, but if you're going to start posting some dumb stuff about my favorite team and you really don't know what you're talking about I will call you on it.

There is a difference between Ohiobronco and I having a dispute, because he knows his stuff about the Buckeyes. Most of your posts just aren't smart, my last point, our schedule wasn't that patsy, we beat a ranked Purdue, Penn State, and a good Michigan team that year, but I digress.

I don't follow the Buckeyes as much as I follow the Chiefs. But anybody outside of you two will confirm everything I'm saying. You're just looking at everything with rose-colored glasses. The Big 10 was pattycake for years but was very competitive last season, where they dominated their bowl games. This is a defense that is going to lose a ton of talent in the secondary and that is going to lose Cameron Heyward, which is huge, given how much attention offenses are devoting to him. And Pryor has been inconsistent in big games.

I think the Bucks next season with Pryor for a full season would have been a longshot for the BCS championship game with a decent chance of making a BCS Bowl with the greater likelihood that they'd be a 2-3 loss team. I'm sorry if realism is seen by you as hating, but I can guarantee you that 99% of the people who don't drink the kool-aid will say the same thing and I assure you that they are not stupid observations.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't follow the Buckeyes as much as I follow the Chiefs. But anybody outside of you two will confirm everything I'm saying. You're just looking at everything with rose-colored glasses. The Big 10 was pattycake for years but was very competitive last season, where they dominated their bowl games. This is a defense that is going to lose a ton of talent in the secondary and that is going to lose Cameron Heyward, which is huge, given how much attention offenses are devoting to him. And Pryor has been inconsistent in big games. I think the Bucks next season with Pryor for a full season would have been a longshot for the BCS championship game with a decent chance of making a BCS Bowl with the greater likelihood that they'd be a 2-3 loss team. I'm sorry if realism is seen by you as hating, but I can guarantee you that 99% of the people who don't drink the kool-aid will say the same thing and I assure you that they are not stupid observations.

Ok man, this is my last rebuttle regarding this issue for the sake of being redudant. I find it funny that you keep bringing up points that I have already brought up in this thread. I talked about how being without those 5 and with those who we lose on defense will take us out of NC hopes. That being said if we had those 5 for the full season we would definitely be in NC contention. You obviously haven't watched the Buckeyes much, because this team is loaded with young talent, especially in the LB corp and even the secondary on defense, I know I may contradict an early discussion I had with Ohiobronco, but I tend to agree with him that the talent in the wings for defense is great. So with almost all our skill positions back on offense, we would definitely make a run. I think it's funny how you keep saying that I am drinking Kool-aid because I don't agree with your half-whitted statements. If you are a fan, you are a fair weather fan for sure. Most people around here know I love the Buckeyes, but my passion doesn't let me see a cup half full when it's really half empty.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok man, this is my last rebuttle regarding this issue for the sake of being redudant. I find it funny that you keep bringing up points that I have already brought up in this thread. I talked about how being without those 5 and with those who we lose on defense will take us out of NC hopes. That being said if we had those 5 for the full season we would definitely be in NC contention. You obviously haven't watched the Buckeyes much, because this team is loaded with young talent, especially in the LB corp and even the secondary on defense, I know I may contradict an early discussion I had with Ohiobronco, but I tend to agree with him that the talent in the wings for defense is great. So with almost all our skill positions back on offense, we would definitely make a run. I think it's funny how you keep saying that I am drinking Kool-aid because I don't agree with your half-whitted statements. If you are a fan, you are a fair weather fan for sure. Most people around here know I love the Buckeyes, but my passion doesn't let me see a cup half full when it's really half empty.

What we see eye-to-eye on, I'm sure, is that the future is bright. With Jordan Hall, Braxton Miller, and young up and coming talent on defense, I think this team is really well set for a future run. I like the chances with that team a hell of a lot more than I like them with today's team with Pryor. I just see a lot more potential in Miller--Tressel's going to make him a pocket passer and I believe he's a lot more suited for that than Pryor.

I'm not trying to rip on this team. Every year, Tressel is going to build a 2-3 loss team at its worst, which is admirable. I just think that with the rebuilding next year and Pryor's inconsistency, they're going to be a contender next year, but not one that can finish the deal. I think this team is better primed for a run with Braxton and I'd love to see him get his reps sooner than later. That's one of the reasons I hope they can get Braxton Miller ready to play as soon as next year instead of redshirting him. Would love to see him get some snaps under his belt so that when Hall becomes a senior, Miller won't be raw. I just think the better opportunity for the Buckeyes to win is not this coming year with Pryor, but in the future when Miller's good to go. I think the kid is going to be an absolute stud.

El Jefe
12-24-2010, 09:28 AM
What we see eye-to-eye on, I'm sure, is that the future is bright. With Jordan Hall, Braxton Miller, and young up and coming talent on defense, I think this team is really well set for a future run. I like the chances with that team a hell of a lot more than I like them with today's team with Pryor. I just see a lot more potential in Miller--Tressel's going to make him a pocket passer and I believe he's a lot more suited for that than Pryor.

I'm not trying to rip on this team. Every year, Tressel is going to build a 2-3 loss team at its worst, which is admirable. I just think that with the rebuilding next year and Pryor's inconsistency, they're going to be a contender next year, but not one that can finish the deal. I think this team is better primed for a run with Braxton and I'd love to see him get his reps sooner than later. That's one of the reasons I hope they can get Braxton Miller ready to play as soon as next year instead of redshirting him. Would love to see him get some snaps under his belt so that when Hall becomes a senior, Miller won't be raw. I just think the better opportunity for the Buckeyes to win is not this coming year with Pryor, but in the future when Miller's good to go. I think the kid is going to be an absolute stud.

Well said, I can respect that. Braxton Miller looks to be our future, very talented kid. This team is loaded, the future looks good for Buckeye fans.

Oh just as a Merry Christmas note, Braxton Miller chose us over Dakcman's little Gators, Merry Christmas to all LOL!

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Well said, I can respect that. Braxton Miller looks to be our future, very talented kid. This team is loaded, the future looks good for Buckeye fans.

Oh just as a Merry Christmas note, Braxton Miller chose us over Dakcman's little Gators, Merry Christmas to all LOL!

Ok, sweet. Then we're on the same page, even if we disagree just a little bit. F the Gators.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Report: Tressel was alerted to gear sale in April

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Yahoo! Sports is reporting Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel was informed that some of his players had sold memorabilia to the owner of a tattoo parlor more than eight months before the school said it was made aware of improper transactions.

The website, citing an unidentified source, reports Tressel received information as early as April 2010 that players were selling items to Edward Rife, who owns Fine Line Ink Tattoos in Columbus
Ohio State officials did not immediately respond to a requests for comment by the AP.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith has said the local U.S. Attorney's office on Dec. 7 alerted the school that some of its players were selling items such as jerseys and championship rings to Rife.

Soon after, the school opened an investigation and informed the NCAA of the possible rules violations.

On Dec. 23, quarterback Terrelle Pryor was among five players suspended by the NCAA for the first five games of the 2011 season. All the players were allowed to play in Ohio State's 31-26 victory against Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl.

If it is proven that Tressel knew about the possible NCAA violations and did not inform Smith or the compliance office, the coach and the program could face more sanctions.

Tailback Dan "Boom" Herron, wide receiver DeVier Posey and left tackle Mike Adams, along with Sugar Bowl star Solomon Thomas, a backup defensive end who had the game-clinching interception were also suspended.

Each player was also made to repay to charity the value of what he gained by swapping their memorabilia for cash and tattoos.

Ohio State is appealing to the NCAA to get the suspensions reduced, although the NCAA's decision to allow the players to participate in the Sugar Bowl drew a wide range of criticism and questions.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/08/2103621/report-tressel-was-alerted-to.html#ixzz1G1vIkUJv

El Jefe
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Report: Tressel was alerted to gear sale in April

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Yahoo! Sports is reporting Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel was informed that some of his players had sold memorabilia to the owner of a tattoo parlor more than eight months before the school said it was made aware of improper transactions.

The website, citing an unidentified source, reports Tressel received information as early as April 2010 that players were selling items to Edward Rife, who owns Fine Line Ink Tattoos in Columbus
Ohio State officials did not immediately respond to a requests for comment by the AP.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith has said the local U.S. Attorney's office on Dec. 7 alerted the school that some of its players were selling items such as jerseys and championship rings to Rife.

Soon after, the school opened an investigation and informed the NCAA of the possible rules violations.

On Dec. 23, quarterback Terrelle Pryor was among five players suspended by the NCAA for the first five games of the 2011 season. All the players were allowed to play in Ohio State's 31-26 victory against Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl.

If it is proven that Tressel knew about the possible NCAA violations and did not inform Smith or the compliance office, the coach and the program could face more sanctions.

Tailback Dan "Boom" Herron, wide receiver DeVier Posey and left tackle Mike Adams, along with Sugar Bowl star Solomon Thomas, a backup defensive end who had the game-clinching interception were also suspended.

Each player was also made to repay to charity the value of what he gained by swapping their memorabilia for cash and tattoos.

Ohio State is appealing to the NCAA to get the suspensions reduced, although the NCAA's decision to allow the players to participate in the Sugar Bowl drew a wide range of criticism and questions.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/08/2103621/report-tressel-was-alerted-to.html#ixzz1G1vIkUJv

I heard this on a local sports radio show, I will wait to make any judgements on Tress, but if it's true, tisk tisk Tress, I am dissapoint.

blaise
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I heard this on a local sports radio show, I will wait to make any judgements on Tress, but if it's true, tisk tisk Tress, I am dissapoint.

I heard the yahoo reporter this morning on a Houston radio show. He sounded pretty certain of his source. They asked him like three times how sure he was about the info, and he was like, (paraphrased) "I'm sure. We double checked, we triple checked. This is solid, we took our time on this." Either he's a great bullshitter, or he's really really confident he can back all this up.

kepp
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
So what could this mean, if true? More sanctions/punishment for tOSU?

kstater
03-08-2011, 11:14 AM
So what could this mean, if true? More sanctions/punishment for tOSU?

Major infractions. Since they're a known school, probably loss of 2 scholarships. Probation.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Hopefully, this leads to Tressel resigning or getting canned.

Trevo_410
03-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Hopefully, this leads to Tressel resigning or getting canned.

Anything that could lessen the competition for recruiting Dorial Green BEckham next year is fine by me!