PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Craigs list or scalper

GloryDayz
12-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Wondering which to do. Who'd been scammed off Craig's list? But I know this, the added fees I'm seeing on the various "legit" sites is making me think they're a scam from the start! A delivery fee for WillCall!!

pr_capone
12-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Wondering which to do. Who'd been scammed off Craig's list? But I know this, the added fees I'm seeing on the various "legit" sites is making me think they're a scam from the start! A delivery fee for WillCall!!

never had a problem with tickets from CL myself.

Rams Fan
12-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Stub Hub is the way to go.

KurtCobain
12-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Scalper's don't seem to be bad people, but I've never bought from one myself.

What are their price ranges usually? Anybody know? Could I head up to the game and find a ticket for under fifty bucks from a scalper?

pr_capone
12-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Stub Hub is the way to go.

Nothing like paying a $8.95 fee per ticket.

WebGem
12-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I'd say look at everything it'll take a half hour total and you might find a good deal. StubHub (consider grand total, not listed price), eBay and Craigslist. Craigslist may have some scammers, but I doubt it. Just don't be stupid. Call them, then meet up and pay cash when you get the ticket.

Rams Fan
12-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Nothing like paying a $8.95 fee per ticket.

True, but damn, it's quick. And isn't that only if you want it e-mailed?

WebGem
12-25-2010, 03:08 PM
True, but damn, it's quick. And isn't that only if you want it e-mailed?

Fees are more than that almost always on CL. Especially now this close to the game where you can't have it mailed, you have to pay some $15 fee to go pick it up Sunday morning at a hotel near the stadium that a StubHub representative is at. And it's not optional. That's for the non-electronic ones though, the electronic ones are obviously still e-mailed for the $10 fee or whatever.

Rams Fan
12-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Fees are more than that almost always on CL. Especially now this close to the game where you can't have it mailed, you have to pay some $15 fee to go pick it up Sunday morning at a hotel near the stadium that a StubHub representative is at. And it's not optional. That's for the non-electronic ones though, the electronic ones are obviously still e-mailed for the $10 fee or whatever.

That sucks. And that is for CL, right? On Stub Hub, I paid the fee for it to get e-mailed right before the game(that was for a Blues game I went to in March) and have done that for a Cardinals game before. I've scalped for tickets to Rams games before, but the prices can be inflated to what you can find on a place like CL or Stub Hub.

Pushead2
12-25-2010, 03:14 PM
never had a problem with tickets from CL myself.

same here, no fees, just meet up pay & get what you need.

WebGem
12-25-2010, 03:15 PM
That sucks. And that is for CL, right? On Stub Hub, I paid the fee for it to get e-mailed right before the game(that was for a Blues game I went to in March) and have done that for a Cardinals game before. I've scalped for tickets to Rams games before, but the prices can be inflated to what you can find on a place like CL or Stub Hub.

No, on Craigslist I would NEVER pay any way other than with cash. The fees I was talking about were for StubHub. It's like a service fee which is 10% of the ticket or $5 or $10 whichever is smaller + a $6 e-mailing fee or something.

Just since Rams Fan thought I meant CL I will go ahead and say DO NOT pay through PayPal or any other way than cash to someone on CL, that will almost certainly be a scam.

Old Dog
12-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Glory, check your PMs
Are you looking for the game tomorrow or for next week?

edit to add
I only ask because the Mrs and I are trying to decide if we're going or not tomorrow. She has been battling a cold and I don't think she really wants to make the trip.

Bob Dole
12-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Scalper's don't seem to be bad people, but I've never bought from one myself.

What are their price ranges usually? Anybody know? Could I head up to the game and find a ticket for under fifty bucks from a scalper?

If you're willing to leave the lot right at kickoff and go watch in a bar because it didn't work out, you can often get a good seat for under $50. $20 > $0

Old Dog
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Could I head up to the game and find a ticket for under fifty bucks from a scalper?
For tomorrow, I would guess there's about a 90% chance you could. I know of a pair for $75 if GloryDayze doesn't want them.

jspchief
12-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll tell you what I know about going to the stadium without a ticket.

I've probably gone to Arrowhead a dozen times without tickets. I went to the Jax game this year, I've gone to games during the prolific '03 season. Never once have I not had success. Not only have I always got tickets, I've never paid over face, and they have included some of the best seats I've ever had in the stadium. I pack the truck on Saturday, am on the road at 5am to reach KC before the gates open, and even with the effort and time I invest, I don't bat an eye about going without tickets.

Now, how to do it right:

1. DON'T buy from the guys on the exits ramps or side roads around the stadium. Not only are they going to overcharge, there's a chance they'll sell you fakes. Those guys are crooks.

2. DON'T buy from the guy walking around the parking lot 2 hours before kickoff, offering to both buy and sell. He's a crook too.

3. DO go up near the gates of the stadium around 1/2 hour before kickoff, walk around holding up fingers equal to the number of tickets you want. If someone makes eye contact, just say "need 2" (or however many). Have enough cash to buy what you want. Don't pay over face value, although no one will even ask for it IMO.

There's no guarantee you'll get tickets, but in my experience there are always people selling. Cold weather and holiday weekend just increase your odds.

crispystl420
12-25-2010, 05:06 PM

I've probably gone to Arrowhead a dozen times without tickets. I went to the Jax game this year, I've gone to games during the prolific '03 season. Never once have I not had success. Not only have I always got tickets, I've never paid over face, and they have included some of the best seats I've ever had in the stadium. I pack the truck on Saturday, am on the road at 5am to reach KC before the gates open, and even with the effort and time I invest, I don't bat an eye about going without tickets.

Now, how to do it right:

1. DON'T buy from the guys on the exits ramps or side roads around the stadium. Not only are they going to overcharge, there's a chance they'll sell you fakes. Those guys are crooks.

2. DON'T buy from the guy walking around the parking lot 2 hours before kickoff, offering to both buy and sell. He's a crook too.

3. DO go up near the gates of the stadium around 1/2 hour before kickoff, walk around holding up fingers equal to the number of tickets you want. If someone makes eye contact, just say "need 2" (or however many). Have enough cash to buy what you want. Don't pay over face value, although no one will even ask for it IMO.

There's no guarantee you'll get tickets, but in my experience there are always people selling. Cold weather and holiday weekend just increase your odds.

Shit I tried to get tickets when Green Bay was in town and people were asking like 200 bucks a ticket

WebGem
12-25-2010, 05:11 PM

Now, how to do it right:

Wow I didn't realize there's so many scumbags. What a POS you have to be to sell fake tickets.

DRU
12-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Nobody has mentioned Ticketmaster Ticket Exchnage. I haven't had to use it yet but it's where people with season tix can easily sell their ticket using Ticketmaster. Trusted source and you can usually snag some tix for face-value or not much more. I think the seller of the tix pays the fee, too, but I could be wrong about that.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Tickets-at-Arrowhead-Stadium-in-Kansas-City?PID=973534

Click on the sections in the seating chart that would be of interest to you and it'll filter the tickets to those sections. Sellers can email you a copy of of their ticket through the system so you can do it right up until game time. I've even seen somebody open up their email on their cell phone and they scanned that just fine so you could really do it last minute if needed.

WebGem
12-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I got mine on Ticketmaster, but I bought it Saturday night last weekend when I was in STL. Not sure if there's any non-club level ones left there.

Bob Dole
12-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Shit I tried to get tickets when Green Bay was in town and people were asking like 200 bucks a ticket

Bet they weren't asking $200 after kickoff...

MOhillbilly
12-25-2010, 05:45 PM
jsp gave good advice imo. ive gotten tics for half price towards the gates.

Infidel Goat
12-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Bob Dole gave good advice also.

Price falls the closer you get to kickoff--and obviously falls even further if you don't mind missing the kickoff...

Deberg_1990
12-25-2010, 07:19 PM
So what happens if you get fake tix? Will they even get you in the gate? Or do you not find out they are fake until you get to your seats and someone else is sitting in them?

WebGem
12-25-2010, 07:23 PM
So what happens if you get fake tix? Will they even get you in the gate? Or do you not find out they are fake until you get to your seats and someone else is sitting in them?

I'm guessing they wouldn't scan appropriately and you wouldn't get in the gate. If it has the correct barcode, it's not really fake. You could always sell multiple tickets though. Like say you have one of the printout ones, just printout like 20 of them and sell them. If that happened, I'm guessing the first person to scan in with it would get through and the rest would get some error message.

This has never happened to me, I'm just guessing.