PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why some people don't go to the game.

petegz28
12-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Talking with the season ticket holder I sat next to at the game he said there has been a big stink about the lack of replays at the stadium. They never showed the replay of the INT by Carr. Not once. He said that a lot of the people he talks to at the game, both season ticket holders and non say one of the big reasons they prefer the game on TV is because you get the replays. I understand they can't do them at the stadium quite like they do on TV but still. I mean after such a great play, SHOW THE FUCKING REPLAY.

Also on a lesser note, the announcer at the game was terrible. Constantly off on his calls by 1 yard. The scoreboard would show 3rd and 8, he would call 3rd and 7. He did it the entire game. We were all like, WTF, dude? You got a gazillion scoreboards in front of you. It was just funny.

Sully
12-26-2010, 03:59 PM
If by "some" you mean there are literally 2-3 fans that base whether or nit to go to a game on replays... I guess that might be accurate.
But I have a hard time believing there are enough fans that dumb to affect the percentage of tickets sold even 1%.

Sent from my Lite Brite using Tapatalk

KCUnited
12-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Believe it was Nick Wright who did an entire segment blasting the Arrowhead video board for not showing enough league wide individual stats for FF guy.

KCChiefsFan88
12-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Sitting in the comforts of your heated house with HD TV, NFL Sunday Ticket, NFL Red Zone, etc. makes staying at home a much more attractive option than it was 15 years ago.

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:02 PM
If by "some" you mean there are literally 2-3 fans that base whether or nit to go to a game on replays... I guess that might be accurate.
But I have a hard time believing there are enough fans that dumb to affect the percentage of tickets sold even 1%.

All I know, Sully, us what he told me. And I can believe it. Whoever runs the video board needs to get on the ball. Even during the review they had they barely showed anything.

Wyndex
12-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I kinda agree with Nick, I kept checking the Around the League portion of the board and it only showed Car/Pit and Dal/Ari for the entire first half I was like god damnit I'm going through FF withdraws here

KcMizzou
12-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Believe it was Nick Wright who did an entire segment blasting the Arrowhead video board for not showing enough league wide individual stats for FF guy.Honestly, Fantasy Football annoys me a little. I root for my team. And a few guys from my favorite college team. To hell with the rest of 'em.

KCUnited
12-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Honestly, Fantasy Football annoys me a little. I root for my team. And a few guys from my favorite college team. To hell with the rest of 'em.

FTR, I've never played FF or D&D.

Count Zarth
12-26-2010, 04:08 PM
So I understand you won't be returning to Arrowhead? Thank you for being a shitty fan.

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
So I understand you won't be returning to Arrowhead? Thank you for being a shitty fan.

Funny, I was therelooking for you and never saw you there.

KCChiefsFan88
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
On an unrelated note... the field looks like absolute shit.

Two words... FIELD TURF

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:10 PM

Two words... FIELD TURF

It did. Game was fun though. I had Arrow-guy, or whatever his name is (the guy who wears the opponents jersey with all the arrows through it) and Elvis right in front of me. Fun guys to watch a game with.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2010, 04:11 PM

Actually of all the Chiefs fans I have met since 1988 at games and across this country...

I have never met a worse fan than you.... EVER! You have to be the most pathetic Chiefs fan in the history of the franchise...

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Just a tip should you go to a cold weather game, bring a cut of carpet with you to put your feet on. That made a huge difference. Between feet warmers in my boots and the carpet piece my feet never got cold until the middle of the 4th Q. Usually my feet are frozen by the end of the 1st quarter.

LocoChiefsFan
12-26-2010, 04:13 PM

Two words... FIELD TURF

With all the concerts they are scheduling during in the off season, I wouldn't be surprised if they do get rid off the grass.

dirk digler
12-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I believe the reason for limited replays is for strategic reasons. Meaning close calls that might get overturned

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:15 PM
I believe the reason for limited replays is for strategic reasons

I don't know what they would be? Both teams have coaches who are watching the TV broadcasts.

Count Zarth
12-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Pete, did you leave the stadium early?

KCUnited
12-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Just a tip should you go to a cold weather game, bring a cut of carpet with you to put your feet on. That made a huge difference. Between feet warmers in my boots and the carpet piece my feet never got cold until the middle of the 4th Q. Usually my feet are frozen by the end of the 1st quarter.

Ladies in front of us got their carpet confiscated at the gate. Guy said they were told this week to take it if they saw it, never explained why.

LocoChiefsFan
12-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm not going to let FF dictate whether or not I go to Arrowhead(I'll let money do that). With that being said, myself and 4 coworkers have bought a total of 10 season tickets for next season, and we'll be there every game. Except maybe Thursday night games if there are any.

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Ladies in front of us got their carpet confiscated at the gate. Guy said they were told this week to take it if they saw it, never explained why.

Hmm, they didn't say anything to me at all.

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Pete, did you leave the stadium early?

Left at the 2 min warning. What time did you crawl out from under your blankey???

dirk digler
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't know what they would be? Both teams have coaches who are watching the TV broadcasts.

Don't know why besides the obvious close calls but this regime is paranoid so I am sure there is a reason for it.

Also I am not sure of what the NFL allows to show I know in baseball games they are only allowed to show certain replays on the screen.

Count Zarth
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Left at the 2 min warning.

fraud!

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:25 PM
fraud!

So tell us all, when did YOU leave the game? Oh, that's right, you weren't there!!!

GloryDayz
12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I thought there was a rule about how much they can replay. And there are things, obviously, that are better at home. But there's nothing like being there. I hope the prices come down, and the "real" fans begin to fill the stadiums again. Nothing against the wealthy, but they seem to have other things to do. But it might be nice to replay more in the stadium.

GloryDayz
12-26-2010, 04:31 PM
But here's one for ya, they told my son and me, on the WAY OUT, that we can't bring carpet squares anymore. WTF!!!!!!!!! He said we were lucky to get in with them.. It's cold as hell, the carpet makes a huge difference, and they want that stopped too! F*** them!

petegz28
12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
But here's one for ya, they told my son and me, on the WAY OUT, that we can't bring carpet squares anymore. WTF!!!!!!!!! He said we were lucky to get in with them.. It's cold as hell, the carpet makes a huge difference, and they want that stopped too! F*** them!

Well I guess I was lucky. I left ours. Maybe that's why they don't want them cause people leave them for the trash collectors?

Sully
12-26-2010, 04:34 PM

It may not work as well as carpet, but you'd be amazed by how well a couple of pages if newspaper works.

I just bought foot warmers and they did wonders.

Demonpenz
12-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I wish they would show good plays by both teams. That would be getting your money's worth

HonestChieffan
12-26-2010, 04:36 PM
With all the concerts they are scheduling during in the off season, I wouldn't be surprised if they do get rid off the grass.

stupid idea if they do

KCUnited
12-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I wish they would show good plays by both teams. That would be getting your money's worth

I wish they'd show more John Deere lawnmower races.

GloryDayz
12-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Well I guess I was lucky. I left ours. Maybe that's why they don't want them cause people leave them for the trash collectors?

That's part of it, but they also had some dumbass layer warn them that they're a trip hazard.. I'm sure that F***ing lawyer is in a suite!

GloryDayz
12-26-2010, 04:40 PM
It may not work as well as carpet, but you'd be amazed by how well a couple of pages if newspaper works.

I just bought foot warmers and they did wonders.

I'm sure they'll ban those too. When i asked about boxes, he said those are out too... The thought a staying home actually flashed through my mind, not because of cold feet, but because they're F'n stupid about some things.

thurman merman
12-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Yes. Yes, this is surely why people don't go to games. Not enough replays. An excellent thesis.

Direckshun
12-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I too like to base vast theories of mass behavior off what a couple guys told me once.

mcan
12-27-2010, 01:08 AM
They only show things that will benefit the Chiefs in some way strategically. If there is ANY question whether or not a good play for the Chiefs should be challenged (like the Carr int) it won't be showed. That means that the opposing coach has to use his headset and talk through a chain of people who make that call, taking time, and giving us a leg up to get out there and snap the ball if we need to.

But if, for instance, we get called for a bullsh!t roughing the passer penalty, that can't be reviewed... Rest assured that will be replayed a BILLION times to get the crowd riled up.

It's actually kinda cool that they think this stuff out and it gives us just ever so slightly more of a home field advantage. But yeah, I'd like to see the replay more often. That's just the cost, I guess. No big.

Baconeater
12-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Believe it was Nick Wright who did an entire segment blasting the Arrowhead video board for not showing enough league wide individual stats for FF guy.
:spock: There is a part of the ribbon board that shows them during the entire game...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-27-2010, 06:31 AM
They only show things that will benefit the Chiefs in some way strategically. If there is ANY question whether or not a good play for the Chiefs should be challenged (like the Carr int) it won't be showed. That means that the opposing coach has to use his headset and talk through a chain of people who make that call, taking time, and giving us a leg up to get out there and snap the ball if we need to.

But if, for instance, we get called for a bullsh!t roughing the passer penalty, that can't be reviewed... Rest assured that will be replayed a BILLION times to get the crowd riled up.

It's actually kinda cool that they think this stuff out and it gives us just ever so slightly more of a home field advantage. But yeah, I'd like to see the replay more often. That's just the cost, I guess. No big.

Thanks for saving me the time to post it.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Does anyone still bring their radios and earplugs and listen to Lenny while watching the games from the stands? Or is that only for guys over 50?

cmh6476
12-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Honestly, Fantasy Football annoys me a little. I root for my team. And a few guys from my favorite college team. To hell with the rest of 'em.

yeah but the fact is, a huge contingent of football fans are now playing fantasy football, and the Chiefs should recognize this and show stats because a lot of fans want to see how their players are doing. I can check stuff on my phone, but it would have ticked me off as a Brady owner how little they were showing of his stat updates.

carlos3652
12-27-2010, 07:54 AM

Correct! And let me just say, we have the smartest fans in football, loud on D, quiet on O and out of control on 75 yd tds and pick 6's :p

MOhillbilly
12-27-2010, 08:00 AM
that rap shit drives me up a wall. Great time otherwise.

beach tribe
12-27-2010, 08:11 AM
fraud!

Just like this team right?

cmh6476
12-27-2010, 08:15 AM
that rap shit drives me up a wall. Great time otherwise.

i would think you would look pretty fly in your g6

GloryDayz
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Does anyone still bring their radios and earplugs and listen to Lenny while watching the games from the stands? Or is that only for guys over 50?

Wow, rep... I do!

LoneWolf
12-27-2010, 08:44 AM

:rolleyes:
Hello Pot. It's me Kettle.

Lzen
12-27-2010, 08:46 AM

This.

Lzen
12-27-2010, 08:51 AM
GoChiefs has no right to call another fan a fraud.