PDA

View Full Version : Champions, this is your thread.

Direckshun
12-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Hell. Fucking. Yes.

10-4 in the regular season, had the most points scored.

Killed my guy in the first round, and I am coasting once more to a victory. This time it will win me the league.

Hello money. Hello bragging rights.

I'd like to thank the following players for propping me up all season:

Thank you Arian Foster and Ray Rice -- for never getting hurt. Gold.

Thank you Mike Williams (TB), for being my most consistent WR all year. Great 12th round pick.

My whole WR lineup has been stellar this year: Megatron, Miles Austin, Malcolm Floyd, Santonio Holmes and Williams. I drafted all five and they have given me a season-long versatility.

Thank you Matt Ryan, for never playing poorly, EVAR.

Thank you Packers defense for putting up some silly points this season.

Thank you Janikowski for hitting long FGs all season.

This has been a very stressful holiday season, but I had a brilliant season and a ton of fun.

Let's hear from the other champions.

58-4ever
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
10-3 in the regular season. Thank you Jamaal Charles, my most consistent player.

Darren McFadden, you scared me when you got hurt in the middle of the year, but you were solid down the stretch.

Mike Vick, your story has been told many times, but like Jeffery Lurie, I took a chance on a brother.

And like my boy Dick, you've been solid Mike Williams. What a rookie sleeper.

Finally, I'd like to give it up to myself. Without my drafting prowess, none of this would be possible. Thanks for the donation suckers!

Dunit35
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Losing by 31 points in my championship game with Vick and Akers left for me.

Thanks Turner, R. White, and Colston for scoring me next to nothing in points.

I'm playing against my fiance (and yes, I created her team).

DMAC
12-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Up by 17 with Maclin still to go. He has an IDP to go (Jared Allen).

This will be 3 out of 4 years. I am officially the hated team...:rockon:

$$$$$$$$$$

Cave Johnson
12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Unless Vick unleashes another 47 point thermonuclear blast (and thanks to duds from Colston and Turner last night), championship! I was 4-7 but won 3 straight to make the playoffs (on points).

Thank you Aaron Rodgers for living up to your R1 draft status and, especially, for going off against the Giants.

Thank you DBowe, for your occasional scoring outbursts, including mauling that punk Finnegan.

Big props to my draft, in which I snagged Forte in the 7th, Bradshaw in the 8th, and McFadden in the 14th.

A "see you next year" to high draft picks Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley. Heal well.

And last, but certainly not least, the MVP of the McClusterFucks, Andre Johnson. Without your 140/2 performance against the Eagles, I would have missed the playoffs.

Jewish Rabbi
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Thank you Beanie Wells for being the shittiest second round pick of all time. I won $340 in spite of you, asshole!

kstater
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Unless Vick and Jackson light it up for 40 points in the next half game, I'll win one.

The other one I'll get 5th. Would have won it, but due to some fucked up tiebreakers, I got left out of the playoffs. 4 teams tied for second, beat the other 3 teams h2h, but had the least "total points". Scored the most points in all the playoff games.

Dunit35
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Come on Vick and Akers 3 more points and I get bragging rights

CrazyPhuD
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
This championship is to you Joe Webb!

redngold85
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
went 11-2 in one league with the likes of Roddy, Jennings, AP, Bears D, among other consistent starters (Freeman, Tamme, Akers) and even narrowly avoided drawing the guy with Vick in the first round, which encompassed 2 weeks.................and my 2-week total was equal to my average for 1 week...lost by 100+

but I did just win the championship in another league after going 9-4 in which I had NO receiving talent in a 3 WR setup all year.......beat my wife's team for the championship and she had Vick and was the defending champ from last year soooo.......

PBJPBJPBJ

a little added bonus there...

and an interesting tidbit...she would've beat me if she had started Matt Cassel...oh the irony

KurtCobain
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I can't believe I started Joe Webb. I own.

Dunit35
12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Championship bitches. Oral for me.

I won by 3, I forgot to start a backup for Mjd on her team. The backup woulda given her 5. She's pissed

Cave Johnson
12-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Who won the most money? I'm clearing 350.

jAZ
12-29-2010, 12:36 AM
One my league for the first time ever (10 years). Was the top points player most of the season, until guy in 3rd place picked up Vick and and my QB (Arron Rogers) went down.

But this week Rogers came back and kicked ass... and Vick sucked ass and I won 99-84.

Suck-it HotAZHell-ers! :)

Mile High Mania
12-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Missed out last week in 2 of my leagues, losing in the semis...

However, in Year 13 of our keeper league... I became the first 3 time champion and brought home about $700 in the process, unless I'm looking at the splits wrong. Won the game last night by 10 points.

Cave Johnson
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
This championship is to you Joe Webb!

I can't believe I started Joe Webb. I own.

In what slot? I couldn't quite pull the trigger and play him as WR2, but he would have been a perfect WR3.

DJ's left nut
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
12 team keeper, I took over the last place team 2 years ago and took it to a Championship in my 2nd season.

I'd like to thank...well nobody really, every week a new player got injured or disappeared. I managed the hell out of this rag-tag group of mis-fits.

I made a series of trades to turn Clinton Portis and Steve Breaston into Greg Jennings when Jennings was struggling, then I turned Matt Ryan, Marquis Colston and Matt Forte into MJD (again when MJD was struggling and Forte started hot).

Zack Miller went down, so I made a move for Witten right after Kitna took over and he stormed through the league for the last 6 weeks.

I held V-Jax all season and then started him on a hunch 2 weeks ago when he went off and destroyed the 49ers to propel me to the finals. Even with MJD dinged up, I managed to win after the Brees to Colston TD was called back by a penalty - the guy I was playing had them both.

I had 2 consistent performers all season - Calvin Johnson (who I traded Moss for in '09) and the Bears defense (who shit the bed for me in the finals). Mendenhall was hit or miss (my late round pick in 2009 who I kept this season), MJD was great until the playoffs. Schaub was erratic, My WRs after Johnson were come and go and my 3 game losing streak in the middle of the season came when Miller was injured and Celek was terrible before I could get Witten. Hell, my damn kicker even ended up on the IR (Prater) and my replacement for him went 0-4 in the first week of the playoffs (Carpenter).

I elbowed my way into my boss's 'family only' league and took the title in 2 seasons by flat out out-managing the rest of the league. I had an awful group to start with (kept Moss and Gates in '09) and a mediocre draft, but I kept plugging.

Easily my most satisfying FFB championship.

Mile High Mania
12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Missed out last week in 2 of my leagues, losing in the semis...

However, in Year 13 of our keeper league... I became the first 3 time champion and brought home about $700 in the process, unless I'm looking at the splits wrong. Won the game last night by 10 points.

I stand corrected, it's about $725 :p

CrazyPhuD
12-29-2010, 10:55 PM
In what slot? I couldn't quite pull the trigger and play him as WR2, but he would have been a perfect WR3.
We have 3 flex spots that can fit WR/RB/TE. It was much less risky for me than most because we get + .5 points per completion. BUT we also lose -2/int/fumble and -1/sack. He was 5 yards away from being the top 5 WR/RB/TE with 22points.

I feel a little dirty but you'll be amazed at how effective victory is at washing away dirt!

Short Leash Hootie
12-30-2010, 02:03 AM
I had a pretty decent fantasy season...

3rd/3rd and either 1st or 2nd (up by 2 with week 17 to go)...and one just missed the playoffs...

Got a 1st in points and a 2nd in points, too...

altogether I put $300 in and got $600 out for a $300 profit...not too bad...

but I had a chance at netting $1000 if things would have worked out a few different ways in the playoffs (I'm looking at you you piece of shit Adrian Peterson)...

Mile High Mania
12-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I had a pretty decent fantasy season...

3rd/3rd and either 1st or 2nd (up by 2 with week 17 to go)...and one just missed the playoffs...

Got a 1st in points and a 2nd in points, too...

altogether I put $300 in and got $600 out for a $300 profit...not too bad...

but I had a chance at netting $1000 if things would have worked out a few different ways in the playoffs (I'm looking at you you piece of shit Adrian Peterson)...

Yeah, had things gone differently in week 15 for two other leagues, I think I could be talking about winning 3 titles this year and about $1400 on an investment of about $300. Oh well... I still cleared a $400 profit.

Woodrow Call
12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Good year for Archie. I picked up a 1st, a 2nd(lost by 2 pts), and a 5th place finish.

Special thanks to the following....

Roethlisberger the last 2 weeks when Rodgers was iffy, Vincent Jackson and Santana Moss for their Week 15, and Rob Gronkowski in Week 16

Sofa King
12-30-2010, 01:12 PM
i'm in 4 leagues.

1. CHAMP BABY! 8-6 regular season (yuck) but i beat out the #1 seed then beat the #3 seed for the championship.

2. GOING FOR 1ST! #1 seed, clobbered my semi opponent, going for 1st against a team i can handle, and should handle.

3. GOING FOR 1ST! #3 seed, knocked off the #2 in semi's, and going against #1 for championship. we're the 2 hottest teams in the league right now.

4. GOING FOR 3RD! lost in the semi's to go to 3rd and 4th, down by 10 after 1st week. that team was good all season long as i tied for #1 record in the league but ended up 3rd seed due to points scored, and i beat the guys at #1 and #2 seeds by a combined record of 4 wins to 0 losses. . then the last 2 weeks i lost Nicks (starter), MJD( my keeper and starter), Moreno (played sparingly), Ochocinco (no real loss, he was benched), Orton (benched as well but i played on good matchups), and Tolbert (starter)... so i'm basically playing with nothing... and Brady probably won't play much this week.... so i got a shitload of waiver wire's going through...

Pawnmower
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Champion in one league, Second place in another

profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/R64CXB424Y345SCBO5QXJTQW3Q

Not sure if this link is viewable by others but thats my trophy case

(2010 trophys arent there yet but a 1st and second will be added...)

rtmike
12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
5 leagues.

One league I lost 3 games in 2 years, this year I only won 2.
CP $50 league, 6th place.
Other 2 Yahoo leagues, one I commished #1 seed & lost second round. No suitable Rodgers replacement. Took 3rd.
In championship game this week in other.

CP $100 league #1 seed. 1st game in playoffs I was down .8 points & had NE D. Last play of the game they sacked Flynn, he fumbled & NE recovered. Swing of emotions that game. I throttled my competition in the championship & already spent the $650. on Christmas presents.

When Dallas Clark went on the IR I was surprised how available J. Tamme was. I think I picked him up in 4 leagues. My RB tandem of J. Charles/L. McCoy were money all year in the big money league.

WhitiE
01-01-2011, 07:29 PM
My first year doing FFB and I won both the free leagues I did on nfl.com

Gadzooks
01-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I picked Ryan Mathews in the 1st and Shonn Greene in the 2nd.:eek:
Fortunately, I picked up Hillis and, ironically, LT as FAs and marched my way to my 2nd championship in 3 years. I was in 3rd in standings and 2nd in points but I kicked everyone’s ass in the playoffs
BTW – I also picked Mike Williams (TB) in the later rounds and he paid off.
As long as he doesn't end up in jail he should be a nice low/mid-rounder next year.

Ceej
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
My first ever Fantasy league championship. I would like to pat myself on the back this week. I found out Pierre Thomas and LT were out. I picked up...wait for it... Joe McKnight. I'm the 2nd Champion in the Annual League of Champions. Thank you Schaub, Rice, McKnight, Austin, Harvin, Amendola, Josh Brown, and GB. Oh, and to you too Donald Brown -- you exceeded my expectations two weeks ago, in the first round of the playoffs when you scored me 18. Made over 300 collectively in two leagues this year. I like it.

Nzoner
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Who won the most money? I'm clearing 350.

After deducting my 2 entry costs and transaction fees,I'm pocketing $448.Now onto our play-offs which start this Saturday and a chance at $400 plus depending on the redraft pot total.

Sofa King
01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
i'm in 4 leagues.

1. CHAMP BABY! 8-6 regular season (yuck) but i beat out the #1 seed then beat the #3 seed for the championship.

2. GOING FOR 1ST! #1 seed, clobbered my semi opponent, going for 1st against a team i can handle, and should handle.

3. GOING FOR 1ST! #3 seed, knocked off the #2 in semi's, and going against #1 for championship. we're the 2 hottest teams in the league right now.

4. GOING FOR 3RD! lost in the semi's to go to 3rd and 4th, down by 10 after 1st week. that team was good all season long as i tied for #1 record in the league but ended up 3rd seed due to points scored, and i beat the guys at #1 and #2 seeds by a combined record of 4 wins to 0 losses. . then the last 2 weeks i lost Nicks (starter), MJD( my keeper and starter), Moreno (played sparingly), Ochocinco (no real loss, he was benched), Orton (benched as well but i played on good matchups), and Tolbert (starter)... so i'm basically playing with nothing... and Brady probably won't play much this week.... so i got a shitload of waiver wire's going through...

1. I had already won this league, so i'm awesome

2. 2nd i fucking lost bigtime.... his week 17 pickup of ryan matthews really paid off... my matt cassel one didn't...

3. whoops.... guess the #1 seed was #1 for a reason... he got me good.. another 2nd.

4. and 4th.... SOB... barely lost here.... even with over half my starters out the last 2 weeks...