PDA

View Full Version : Music Trans Siberian Orchestra - anyone going?

Lzen
12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
What a great week. Christmas on Saturday. Chiefs game at Arrowhead on Sunday. And today Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Sprint Center. It will be my first time seeing. Will be at the 3pm showing. Anyone else going?

Braincase
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I've gone the last 6 years, but not going today. Have a good time, you're going to love it.

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
saw them in ICT wonderful show Great music and lights

Bob Dole
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
The diehards down here who go every chance they get, said this year's was the worst one they've ever been to. Hope yours is better.

Lzen
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
The diehards down here who go every chance they get, said this year's was the worst one they've ever been to. Hope yours is better.

The show was amazing. They do everything (spotlights, lasers, LED lights, fog, video screens, fire). I don't know how this compared to other years since this is my first time ever seeing them. But the couple in front of us said this year was much better. Don't know how many other times they have seen them, though.

I did find it humorous how all the old people left after the first 1.5 hours of Christmas themed stuff. Then they went to more rocking material. I also notice they still have a lot of Savatage influence. They even played some Savatage material (Christmas Eve - Sarajevo 12/24, Sleep, Mozart and Madness & Prelude To Madness - Mozart and Memories & The Mountain on TSO's new album, Nightcastle). I wonder how many people there realize that popular songs like Christmas Eve Sarajevo were originally recorded by a heavy metal band - Savatage's Dead Winter Dead, an album I wore out when it was released back in 1995. :D

I loved it. My wife was also impressed. We are definitely planning on going back next year. :thumb:

Hydrae
12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I have never been to see TSO and may never do so. I enjoy their music for sure, some of the best stuff out there. But when you look at their schedules and see that there are 3-4 concerts in different parts of the country on the same day you realize there is a good chance you are going to basically be seeing a cover band for top notch prices. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Glad you enjoyed the show though! :thumb:

Lzen
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I have never been to see TSO and may never do so. I enjoy their music for sure, some of the best stuff out there. But when you look at their schedules and see that there are 3-4 concerts in different parts of the country on the same day you realize there is a good chance you are going to basically be seeing a cover band for top notch prices. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Glad you enjoyed the show though! :thumb:

I thought it was just 2 groups. And I do know that we got the top billing in KC - Johnny Lee Middleton, Al Pitrelli, Paul O'Neil.

Hydrae
12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I thought it was just 2 groups. And I do know that we got the top billing in KC - Johnny Lee Middleton, Al Pitrelli, Paul O'Neil.

Looks like you are correct on there only being 2 groups. I imagine I was seeing multiples due to 2 shows a day at one location.

pkane
12-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I can appreciate the musicianship, but I thought the show was boring and to long. I did however get a few laughs in.

I also found it rather annoying that the female that played the violin was head banging.

I stayed for a little over 2 hrs but had enough after that and left.

Glad I went but will never go see them again.

GloryDayz
12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
What a great week. Christmas on Saturday. Chiefs game at Arrowhead on Sunday. And today Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Sprint Center. It will be my first time seeing. Will be at the 3pm showing. Anyone else going?

No, but it's on the bucket list... Just a little too busy...

Gracie Dean
12-30-2010, 05:00 PM
I can appreciate the musicianship, but I thought the show was boring and to long. I did however get a few laughs in.

I also found it rather annoying that the female that played the violin was head banging.

I stayed for a little over 2 hrs but had enough after that and left.

Glad I went but will never go see them again.

then you missed the best song. They do Carol of the Bells the very last song and give it EVERYTHING they have and all lights, effects everything

pkane
12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
then you missed the best song. They do Carol of the Bells the very last song and give it EVERYTHING they have and all lights, effects everything

I figured the final song would be pretty cool but I was so ready to go and it was getting boring to my wife and I.

Certain parts were cool but I had enough after a couple hours.

ZepSinger
12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
2 of the TSO band members (and one of the hot backup singers) are friends of mine on Facebook. Would love to go, but it's not in the cards for me this years...

Z

Gracie Dean
12-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I figured the final song would be pretty cool but I was so ready to go and it was getting boring to my wife and I.

Certain parts were cool but I had enough after a couple hours.

That last song would have been worth it. They go full blast lights out it is very awesome

KingPriest2
12-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Its called Sarajevo/ Christmas Eve 12/24

And it was played in the first act Nut they played the last section of the song at the end and they did go all out with it

KingPriest2
12-30-2010, 05:55 PM
That last song would have been worth it. They go full blast lights out it is very awesome

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cHj-ZMSfhg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cHj-ZMSfhg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

last song

RNR
12-30-2010, 06:03 PM
On my list of things I would like to check out. Living in a small town by the coast I will most likely have to travel to see them~

GloryDayz
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Living in a small town by the coast

That means you win - concert or not. One of these days, I'll return, maybe!!

Gracie Dean
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Its called Sarajevo/ Christmas Eve 12/24

And it was played in the first act Nut they played the last section of the song at the end and they did go all out with it

yes, I know but most people know it by Carol of the Bells....

Bob Dole
12-31-2010, 12:35 AM
The show was amazing. They do everything (spotlights, lasers, LED lights, fog, video screens, fire). I don't know how this compared to other years since this is my first time ever seeing them. But the couple in front of us said this year was much better. Don't know how many other times they have seen them, though.

I did find it humorous how all the old people left after the first 1.5 hours of Christmas themed stuff. Then they went to more rocking material. I also notice they still have a lot of Savatage influence. They even played some Savatage material (Christmas Eve - Sarajevo 12/24, Sleep, Mozart and Madness & Prelude To Madness - Mozart and Memories & The Mountain on TSO's new album, Nightcastle). I wonder how many people there realize that popular songs like Christmas Eve Sarajevo were originally recorded by a heavy metal band - Savatage's Dead Winter Dead, an album I wore out when it was released back in 1995. :D

I loved it. My wife was also impressed. We are definitely planning on going back next year. :thumb:

Good to hear your experience was a positive one!