PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Weiss to the Gators in 2011 (confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Florida plans to have their staff hired and announced by January 4th, in time to recruit down the stretch once the dead (silent) period is over.

Which would make this a dick move by Weis. He must really want out because our playoff game is less than a week away from January 4th. I don't mind him leaving but wow.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Which would make this a dick move by Weis. He must really want out because our playoff game is less than a week away from January 4th. I don't mind him leaving but wow.

He'll be OC through the playoffs, but if he's going to take the job at Florida then it needs to be settled before then. The coaches need to be able to tell recruits who the OC will be and what type of offense they'll run.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2011, 02:04 PM
If the guy you are managing doesn't get his role or tries to do things you don't agree with then you replace him. Haley is the head coach. Not Weis.

All this "Haley doesn't know how to play nice" is -- if the reports are true and I believe they are at this point -- coming from a couple of men who don't agree with Haley's approach (which, I might point out, emphasized Charles a lot more as a primary runner in the second half of last season which was something most on this board seemed to want). That's fine. But Weis is the one who is unable to deal with Haley's input. Not the other way around.

Because Haley is the head coach. Not Weis.

We really don't know anything at this point other than a rumor. You are correct that Haley is the HC but a "young HC" and Weis is older and has been around longer and an OC longer. Who really has the issue with who remains to be seen but I will take "veteran wisdom" over a "noobie" any day and a "wise noobie" sets back and learns even more as a new HC. It is apparent that Haley feels he has set back enough. This remains to be seen:thumb:

But I get your point. You feel it is Weis and I feel it is Haley learning an important lesson in due time and Charlie is just sending him a friendly political trial balloon(LMTFA) and learn more as a new HC!!

chief52
01-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Florida plans to have their staff hired and announced by January 4th, in time to recruit down the stretch once the dead (silent) period is over.

Who cares what Florida's plans are???

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Does every Florida fan expect this hire or is there someone else that's also being mentioned?

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Florida, Florida fans, Florida recruits, and Florida's next OC.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Does every Florida fan expect this hire or is there someone else that's also being mentioned?

the UAA has been very tight-lipped about coaching hires. Some people obviously want who they want, but right now all the talk is Weis. I woudln't be surprised to see something announced tomorrow.

Al Bundy
01-01-2011, 02:49 PM

No one outside of the state of Florida.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I didn't know what connection Weis and Muschamp had except for Urban Meyer/Belichick, but apparently Weis, his children and wife spent Thanksgiving in Austin, TX with Mack Brown and Muschamp. Weis could have planted the seeds then that he wanted to go back into the college game and didn't want to stay in KC.

Just speculation on my part, but it's interesting that he spent Thanksgiving in Texas.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Haley and McDaniels joining forces would be like if George W. Bush found Osama bin Laden and realized that bin Laden actually has a heart of gold and the real bad guys are a secret underground cabal of super-powerful Soviets planning to take over the world and implement a policy of mandatory atheism and so Bush and bin Laden join forces and go on a cool, collected rampage a la the cousins in season 3 of Breaking Bad.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Haley and McDaniels joining forces would be like if George W. Bush found Osama bin Laden and realized that bin Laden actually has a heart of gold and the real bad guys are a secret underground cabal of super-powerful Soviets planning to take over the world and implement a policy of mandatory atheism and so Bush and bin Laden join forces and go on a cool, collected rampage a la the cousins in season 3 of Breaking Bad.

So is Haley the bad guy or is he bin Laden?

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Is Haley the cousin who got shot by Hank in the parking lot, or is he the cousin who Mike the Cleaner gave a lethal injection to in the hospital?

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Haven't read through the bazillion posts in this thread but this is my 2 pennies.

Being in Chicagoland, I was exposed way too much to Weis's failed reign at ND. One thing I noticed about him (among many) was that no one in this world is a bigger fan of Charlie Weis than Charlie Weis himself. He was an arrogant a-hole to make a long story short. With that said, it seems Weis will have the Florida offensive reins all to himself, where in KC it's obvious that Haley has a lot of input/control.

Two names jump out to me as a possible replacement: Josh McDaniels (as many have said on here) and Norv Turner (assuming he is fired, as he should be). Both are absolutely horrible head coaches but good/great OC's.

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Man, I don't care how good an OC the guy is, I can't stand Josh McDaniels. The guy just bugs me.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Haven't read through the bazillion posts in this thread but this is my 2 pennies.

Being in Chicagoland, I was exposed way too much to Weis's failed reign at ND. One thing I noticed about him (among many) was that no one in this world is a bigger fan of Charlie Weis than Charlie Weis himself. He was an arrogant a-hole to make a long story short. With that said, it seems Weis will have the Florida offensive reins all to himself, where in KC it's obvious that Haley has a lot of input/control.

Two names jump out to me as a possible replacement: Josh McDaniels (as many have said on here) and Norv Turner (assuming he is fired, as he should be). Both are absolutely horrible head coaches but good/great OC's.

As much as I hate Norv as a HC, he would be an epic OC for us. But it won't happen. He's staying in SD again. And Josh just won't work here.

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
As much as I hate Norv as a HC, he would be an epic OC for us. But it won't happen. He's staying in SD again. And Josh just won't work here.
I hope you're right.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 03:29 PM

But, no, the San Diego ownership has said that Norv's job is safe. Despite yet another season of Fail. Which is great for the AFCW and the whole conference. But, I'm sorry, if Norv is coach of the Chargers again next season...

http://d3uwin5q170wpc.cloudfront.net/photo/5813_700.jpg

Frankie
01-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Man, I don't care how good an OC the guy is, I can't stand Josh McDaniels. The guy just bugs me.

It's well worth the amount of bugging he would put on the Donks twice a year.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Here's something that should worry everyone.

This offseason could see one of the biggest coaching purges in a long, long time. Potentially Minnesota and Dallas. Carolina, San Fran, and Denver. Potentially Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and good chance of Houston, Cleveland, and maybe even Miami. That's 5 likely open spots, very good chance of 7, and decent chance of up to 10.

And guess what, they all start shopping tomorrow at 4pm (and I guarantee have started making their lists and checking it twice a few weeks ago).

I'm extremely nervous about Weis leaving because we'll get last pick at the top offensive coordinators in the game.

obsessedgator
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Hearing stuff out of Gainesville that Weis leaving has more to do with Haley than anything.

Was just as shocked to read this as anyone on the board. No other explanation for him taking the same position at an SEC school than him butting heads with Haley.

Bootlegged
http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/26339338/detail.html

Sources: Weis To Join Gators As Coordinator
Weis Leaving Offensive Coordinator Job At Kansas City Chiefs

POSTED: Saturday, January 1, 2011
UPDATED: 3:42 pm EST January 1, 2011

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalores said Saturday that his sources confirm Charlie Weis has accepted an offer to become the University of Florida Gators' new offensive coordinator.

Weis is a former University of Notre Dame head football coach and current Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator. He previously served as the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.

Weis will take over the post that was left behind when Steve Addazio left for the Temple University head coaching job. He'll join new Gator head coach Will Muschamp, who was hired to replace Urban Meyer as the 23rd head coach in Florida football history.

Stay with Local 6 for the latest updates in this developing story.

Frankie
And Josh just won't work here.

Man I can't believe you guys. Did he tell you that?

IMO he knows he is not gonna be a HC anytime soon. I think he would gladly take an OC job anywhere in the NFL, and knowing the amount of his assholery, more gladly in the AFC West where he has a chance to stick it to the Donks twice a year for a while.

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:37 PM

I wouldn't rule out McDaniels. He and Haley could hug it out like men. Then he could work with Mark Castle (and we all know how badly he wanted him) and get to ply his trade twice per season against the team that canned him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/26339338/detail.html

Sources: Weis To Join Gators As Coordinator
Weis Leaving Offensive Coordinator Job At Kansas City Chiefs

POSTED: Saturday, January 1, 2011
UPDATED: 3:42 pm EST January 1, 2011

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalores said Saturday that his sources confirm Charlie Weis has accepted an offer to become the University of Florida Gators' new offensive coordinator.

Weis is a former University of Notre Dame head football coach and current Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator. He previously served as the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.

Weis will take over the post that was left behind when Steve Addazio left for the Temple University head coaching job. He'll join new Gator head coach Will Muschamp, who was hired to replace Urban Meyer as the 23rd head coach in Florida football history.

Stay with Local 6 for the latest updates in this developing story.

What a dick.

DTLB58
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Same here and if you think about it....if you were him, would you want to work for Haley after what happened after the game in Denver?

I don't know why Haley would hire him? obviously there were some pretty harsh feeling there that were personal and now you want to trust him with your offense which is your baby?! wtf?

Plus, everyone was saying there is no way that video guy did that all on his own (taping the Niners practice in London) that somebody on that staff knew (probably McDaniels) and you think Pioli and Hunt wants to bring that black eye into their franchise?

I think all of this is B.S. I don't think there is anyway they would ever consider him.
But I have been wrong before.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
What a dick.

If there's any good from it, it means KC can look for a replacement starting tomorrow. It would be even worse if he waited until after a playoff loss.

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I know this probably wouldn't end well for our beloved Chiefs, but I would not blame Clark Hunt/Scott Pioli one bit if they handed FrontButt a one-way ticket to Gainesville and told him to get his fat ass out of KC before the playoffs and have Haley call the plays during the playoffs. I am not saying that is the right thing to do, but I wouldn't be mad at if they did so.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Here's something that should worry everyone.

This offseason could see one of the biggest coaching purges in a long, long time. Potentially Minnesota and Dallas. Carolina, San Fran, and Denver. Potentially Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and good chance of Houston, Cleveland, and maybe even Miami. That's 5 likely open spots, very good chance of 7, and decent chance of up to 10.

And guess what, they all start shopping tomorrow at 4pm (and I guarantee have started making their lists and checking it twice a few weeks ago).

I'm extremely nervous about Weis leaving because we'll get last pick at the top offensive coordinators in the game.

One fly in the ointment: the possible lockout. Teams might be hesitant to lock up a coach and/or pay a big name until they know if football will be played next season. So, from Cowher and Dungy and Gruden, down to the lowliest assitant, chances are that KC will have equal opportunity to whisper in a lot of ears until next season is confirmed as a go or not. Once that happens, though, I expect we'll see a flurry of coach signings, so the Chiefs definitely have to have their possibilities/preferences lined up, and the monetary offers ready to go, so they're not left without a chair when the music stops...

KC native
01-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I said it once before and I'll say it again. Fuck Florida. If it fell into the ocean I would cheer.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I will believe it when I hear it from the Chiefs or from Weis

JD10367
01-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I said it once before and I'll say it again. **** Florida. If it fell into the ocean I would cheer.

It has a few redeeming qualities. Tampa was cool (lived there for two years in '95 and '96). Orlando's good for the major theme parks (mouseworld, Uni, Sea). Daytona's got the speedway, Canaveral's got the launchpads. The Keys are nice. Main drawbacks to Florida are the heat, the flatness, and the old people.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
:shake:I said it once before and I'll say it again. Fuck Florida. If it fell into the ocean I would cheer.Not funny. My son lives there...

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I will believe it when I hear it from the Chiefs or from Weis

I would normally agree with you, but there is a megaton of smoke around this thing. It was only mentioned 8,298,592.5 (give or take 2) times during the Florida bowl game today.

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
It has a few redeeming qualities. Tampa was cool (lived there for two years in '95 and '96). Orlando's good for the major theme parks (mouseworld, Uni, Sea). Daytona's got the speedway, Canaveral's got the launchpads. The Keys are nice. Main drawbacks to Florida are the heat, the flatness, and the people.

FYP

KC native
:shake:Not funny. My son lives there...

Well, he should move and then I would cheer. :thumb:

58-4ever

Tell him to stay away from the fruit of the Aids trees.

ChiefsandO'sfan
theprogramkc The Program
by BobGlauber
Weis news. A source tells The Program a reason Weis may go to Florida is the chance to work with his son who graduates from HS this year...

Shogun
Not sure if its been mentioned that Weis lives in Jupiter, FLA, very close to Gainesville, FLA

KC native
01-01-2011, 03:49 PM
It has a few redeeming qualities. Tampa was cool (lived there for two years in '95 and '96). Orlando's good for the major theme parks (mouseworld, Uni, Sea). Daytona's got the speedway, Canaveral's got the launchpads. The Keys are nice. Main drawbacks to Florida are the heat, the flatness, and the old people.

Yea, but the people suck soooooooo much that it outweighs all that.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
theprogramkc The Program
by BobGlauber
We learned Weis' son was set to go to U-T to work under Muschamp in the football office while going to school and now will follow him to Fla

Der Flöprer
01-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I told you fuckers he was pissed about not being able to take Clausen. :fire:

Fuck Charlie, and fuck Florida if this is true.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
If there's any good from it, it means KC can look for a replacement starting tomorrow. It would be even worse if he waited until after a playoff loss.

True! :thumb:

GloryDayz
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I said it once before and I'll say it again. **** Florida. If it fell into the ocean I would cheer.

This... And for me, just like Denver, San Diego, Oakland (let's just say all of Cali) and New England too....

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Not sure if its been mentioned that Weis lives in Jupiter, FLA, very close to Gainesville, FLAtheprogramkc The Program
by BobGlauber
Weis news. A source tells The Program a reason Weis may go to Florida is the chance to work with his son who graduates from HS this year...Well, now. If these are true, then it would seem to make perfect sense.

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
You taught him to swim, didn't you?

KC native
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
This... And for me, just like Denver, San Diego, Oakland (let's just say all of Cali) and New England too....

eh, I would be sad if Cali disappeared. They make good movies and marijuana. Now, all raiders, chargers, or lakers fans could jump off the golden gate bridge and I would cheer.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I would normally agree with you, but there is a megaton of smoke around this thing. It was only mentioned 8,298,592.5 (give or take 2) times during the Florida bowl game today.

I know I was talking about having a deal already. I would be extremely disappointed if this happened prior to the playoffs.

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Same here and if you think about it....if you were him, would you want to work for Haley after what happened after the game in Denver?

I don't know why Haley would hire him? obviously there were some pretty harsh feeling there that were personal and now you want to trust him with your offense which is your baby?! wtf?

Plus, everyone was saying there is no way that video guy did that all on his own (taping the Niners practice in London) that somebody on that staff knew (probably McDaniels) and you think Pioli and Hunt wants to bring that black eye into their franchise?

I think all of this is B.S. I don't think there is anyway they would ever consider him.
But I have been wrong before.
Exactly.

So much baggage. But... what do I know?

Swanman
01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I know I was talking about having a deal already. I would be extremely disappointed if this happened prior to the playoffs.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Weis already had a deal. I really like the guy as an OC, but he is also a self-centered arrogant asshole.

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
As far as I'm concerned Haley should call the O this weekend. If he does well, then send Weis packing before the playoffs. If his heart isn't here, screw the Rascal rider.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Now win the SB for us you fat pig and I won't put a voodoo hex on your life.

DaFace
01-01-2011, 04:00 PM
theprogramkc The Program
by BobGlauber
Weis news. A source tells The Program a reason Weis may go to Florida is the chance to work with his son who graduates from HS this year...

Nope. It's cuz Haley is an asshole.

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

LaChapelle
01-01-2011, 04:00 PM
KC sports radio has us locals trained to over react
if we even hear about excessive farting on the sideline
keep this in mind while passing judgement ROFL

Spott
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Not sure if its been mentioned that Weis lives in Jupiter, FLA, very close to Gainesville, FLA

Jupiter isn't that close to Gainesville. Jupiter is in south Florida on the east coast and Gainesville is in north florida on the west coast. It's at least a 4 hour drive from Jupiter to Gainesville.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM

ROFL

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
theprogramkc (http://twitter.com/#%21/theprogramkc)
We learned Weis' son was set to go to U-T to work under Muschamp in the football office while going to school and now will follow him to Fla

R8RFAN
01-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Did you mention Chiefs and Superbowl in the same sentence? ROFL

chief52
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Weis already had a deal. I really like the guy as an OC, but he is also a self-centered arrogant asshole.

Obviously I do not know any of the staff, but I do believe your description of Weis is right on. Funny how a lot of people try to blame any relationship problems, perceived or real, on Haley. Haley is the Head Damn Coach!!! Weis is the one that needs to get along. If he wants to go I say someone pick his bags up for him and get them to the airport.

Bowser
Cool. Just win us five more games, Charlie, and you can go coach wherever your bloated heart desires.

Bowser

Ahahaha!!!

Go fuck yourself.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Fuck your mother.

Enjoy the last game of another miserable season tomorrow cockbag.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Jupiter isn't that close to Gainesville. Jupiter is in south Florida on the east coast and Gainesville is in north florida on the west coast. It's at least a 4 hour drive from Jupiter to Gainesville.Gainesville isnt on the coast at all. Its more in the center of the state. Regardless, Gainesville is still closer than KC.

R8RFAN
01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Ahahaha!!!

Go **** yourself.

Happy New Year!

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Did you mention Chiefs and Superbowl in the same sentence? ROFLGo suck on your mothers colostomy bag.

Frankie
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Not funny. My niece lives in San Diego.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2011, 04:09 PM

It must really hurt that you might be 6-0 in the division and not make the playoffs. "Just find ways to continue to suck baby" is your team's slogan.

Swanman
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Obviously I do not know any of the staff, but I do believe your description of Weis is right on. Funny how a lot of people try to blame any relationship problems, perceived or real, on Haley. Haley is the Head Damn Coach!!! Weis is the one that needs to get along. If he wants to go I say someone pick his bags up for him and get them to the airport.

It was well-known that by the time Weis left ND, he was universally hated within the athletic department, and many of the players/recruits.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @MizzuRah What are the chances Josh Mcdaniels takes over the offensive coordinator position in kc next year? ... Low. Not expecting it.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @MizzuRah What are the chances Josh Mcdaniels takes over the offensive coordinator position in kc next year? ... Low. Not expecting it.

Didn't Schefter just say yesterday that he expects McDaniels to replace Weis?

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
SI_PeterKing Peter King
RT @waynemaw: Do you think Charlie actually takes the florida OC job ... Yes. For family and professional reasons.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 04:24 PM
SI_PeterKing Peter King
RT @AndyHutchins: What family reasons are there for Weis taking the job? ... I expect them to emerge Sunday night or Monday.

Brock
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Sounds like the family reasons have already emerged. His kid is going to work at Florida, so he wants to go to there.

CaliforniaChief
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Sounds like the family reasons have already emerged. His kid is going to work at Florida, so he wants to go to there.

Here's a new family concern to chew on, Charlie.

You leave us, and your whole family goes swimming in the East River.

Kapeesh? /Egoli

baitism
01-01-2011, 04:31 PM

****ing A! Grow some thicker skin.

I am all for getting rid of him before Sunday's game. I don't want a guy calling plays in the playoffs who is already thinking/working on his next job.

Brock
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Here's a new family concern to chew on, Charlie.

You leave us, and your whole family goes swimming in the East River.

Kapeesh? /Egoli

Of course, HE'S UNDER CONTRACT GUYZ HE CAN'T GO NOWHEREZ /dante84

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Didn't Schefter just say yesterday that he expects McDaniels to replace Weis?
I had the same reaction when I read that post. :hmmm:

GloryDayz
01-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Tucson will be the new San Diego, she might want to move now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 04:50 PM
The first 100 posts of this thread are fucking hilarious.

Frazod
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I've been traveling/visiting friends and family most of the weekend, so could someone give me the short version - is this a done deal or not?

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I've been traveling/visiting friends and family most of the weekend, so could someone give me the short version - is this a done deal or not?

No.

But the fact that it has not been denied, despite much media discussion, is more than a bit interesting.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Not a done deal, but we're expecting that an announcement will be made after the game Sunday or on Monday.

FringeNC
01-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I wonder if Mike Haywood will rejoin Weis at Florida...

Frazod
01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I see. Well, I haven't exactly been Weis' biggest fan, so I don't really have a problem with it if he goes. Although he's been calling better games lately, so I really don't have a problem if he stays.

I guess I'm sort of ambivalent. Although the timing certainly sucks.

MikeMaslowski
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Pretty sure this has been said...but if he wants to leave his guys after a season like this, headed to the playoffs, then don't let the door hit ya. Buhbye.

chiefforlife
01-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Chiefs Offense-TM-Chiefs Jan. 1 - 5:01 pm et

Charlie Weis' decision to take a job with the Florida Gators is largely due to the fact that he wants to work with his son, who will matriculate to UF.
Weis' son was set to work in the football office at the University of Texas under Will Muschamp, but when Muschamp recently took the Florida head coaching job, Charlie Jr. then followed him to Gainesville. Weis Sr. helped to catapult the Chiefs to ninth in total offense after the team ranked 25th in 2009. While Weis' successor in Kansas City has yet to be determined, a potential suitor whose name has surfaced is former Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, who has ties to GM Scott Pioli from their days together in New England.
Source: Soren Petro on Twitter

BossChief
01-01-2011, 05:10 PM
If he does indeed leave and we don't find a way to add Josh McDaniels to the open spot...it will be interesting to see which way Cassels career goes.

With Weis, he has shown to be definitely on pace to become a damn good quarterback and has shown visible improvement week in and week out.

Frazod
01-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Sure would be funny if McDaniels came here and was successful. That would piss the Donx fans off worse than Kennison did. :D

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
If he does indeed leave and we don't find a way to add Josh McDaniels to the open spot...it will be interesting to see which way Cassels career goes.

With Weis, he has shown to be definitely on pace to become a damn good quarterback and has shown visible improvement week in and week out.

WHY the f..... does everyone think its weis that made cassel good?????????????

mortreport Chris Mortensen
On Weis, also have updated to report his exit was inevitable. Haley had strong oversight w offense & Cassel. Weis wants autonomy

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Chiefs Offense-TM-Chiefs Jan. 1 - 5:01 pm et

Charlie Weis' decision to take a job with the Florida Gators is largely due to the fact that he wants to work with his son, who will matriculate to UF.
Weis' son was set to work in the football office at the University of Texas under Will Muschamp, but when Muschamp recently took the Florida head coaching job, Charlie Jr. then followed him to Gainesville. Weis Sr. helped to catapult the Chiefs to ninth in total offense after the team ranked 25th in 2009. While Weis' successor in Kansas City has yet to be determined, a potential suitor whose name has surfaced is former Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, who has ties to GM Scott Pioli from their days together in New England.

by 'son' they really mean 'Haley is an asshole no one will work for per Laz'.....

Bob Dole
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Great. When one would hope that our coaching staff is focused on the final week of the regular season and a playoff run, one of them is apparently splitting his time and effort with something else. Super timing there, Charlie. Just fucking dandy. Way to be a part of the team, fatass.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM

New England wouldn't miss you if you drowned either, nutsack.

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM

mortreport Chris Mortensen
On Weis, also have updated to report his exit was inevitable. Haley had strong oversight w offense & Cassel. Weis wants autonomy
Because, by his own admition, one of the main reason Weis was brought in was to "fix the quarterback."

I'm not saying it's all Weis. But, since he's kind of known for being especially good at grooming QB's, there's no reason to think he wasn't a big part of Cassel's turn around/progress.

LaChapelle
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm convinced McNumbnuts celebrated Moeaki getting hurt in Denver
fuck him and everyone that wants that piece of fucking shit

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Because, by his own admition, one of the main reason Weis was brought in was to "fix the quarterback."

I'm not saying it's all Weis. But, since he's kind of known for being especially good at grooming QB's, there's no reason to think he wasn't a big part of Cassel's turn around/progress.

you keep drinking that weis koolaid look at all those great notre dame qbs he made

milkman
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM

By his own admission.

But reports are out that one of the primary reasons fro Cassel's improvement is the work of Nick Siriani.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Where's Al Saunders nowadays?

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 05:29 PM
By his own admission.

But reports are out that one of the primary reasons fro Cassel's improvement is the work of Nick Siriani.
I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 05:31 PM
you keep drinking that weis koolaid look at all those great notre dame qbs he made
:spock:

I'm not even a big Charlie Weis fan. You asked why people were giving him credit, and I gave you a reasonable reason.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Nick Siriani if haley thinks he can be a OC i would be happy with him.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Why is it when everything is running smooothly and the QB does well, everyone wants to credit the O coordinator, yet when a coordinator leaves, nobody wants to give him any credit?

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Why is it when everything is running smooothly and the QB does well, everyone wants to credit the O coordinator, yet when a coordinator leaves, nobody wants to give him any credit?

yea i love all those 3 and 2 and he runs sweeps with jones...

Red Brooklyn
01-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Nick Siriani if haley thinks he can be a OC i would be happy with him.
Now, I am 100% sold on Todd Haley. I'll go with whomever Todd wants. Even if it's McDaniels (:Lin:). Hell, he could appoint Jake Gyllenhaal to OC and I'd be okay with it. Whatever Todd wants! :p

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Matt Cassel needs more screens!

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Where's Al Saunders nowadays?

Offensive consultant(or something like that) for the Ravens.

Frankie
01-01-2011, 06:04 PM

LMAO

Dammit man, it's only 828 posts to read!...... Wuss!

Frankie
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I wonder if Mike Haywood will rejoin Weis at Florida...

Is that the GF beater?

Frankie
01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm convinced McNumbnuts celebrated Moeaki getting hurt in Denver
**** him and everyone that wants that piece of ****ing shit

Like I said, an asshole OC on a leash, I will have no problem with.

Frankie
01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
By his own admission.

Where did you hear that?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Like I said, an asshole OC on a leash, I will have no problem with.

Haley was one of those once! :D

Frankie
01-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Now, I am 100% sold on Todd Haley. I'll go with whomever Todd wants. Even if it's McDaniels (:Lin:). Hell, he could appoint Jake Gyllenhaal to OC and I'd be okay with it. Whatever Todd wants! :p

I am on the record here as liking the McDaniels possibility. I have to confess, though, that I'd be a bit worried about his asshole nature and weather that will affect the locker room badly, ala The Rat vs. Reeves.

GloryDayz
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM
New England wouldn't miss you if you drowned either, nutsack.

Nice try asseyes! ROFL

milkman
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Where did you hear that?

Right here.

Someone linked a story about Cassel and his development.

Haley discusses Cassel's improved footwork and tells us that Brees was the model, and that Sirianni worked closely with Cassel on that.

booger
01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
In house:

Carthon has the most experience as a play caller but i think he thrives in his role as RB/Asst. HC. Other than just having the title of Asst. HC they are sometimes the enforcer or the bad ass that handles fining players late to meetings and all that stuff. Plus i think he does a good job of challenging and not backing down from Haley and that would change if he became OC.

Muir was Grunden's OC of course while everyone knows Gruden runs the show and calls the plays. I don't think anyone would seriously consider him a candidate as he has got to be close to retiring. I could see him take on a lesser role with a title of Senior offensive Asst. or something and help with the game planning and film work and less with the hands on coaching.

With him moving to asst ol coach i assume that was a sign that Pat Perles was going to be able to take the OL spot when Muir does retire. That could still be the case. He was the OC at N. Dakota St. for 4 of his 6 years there. Obviously a lower level but he could maybe be in line for a OL/Run game co role not the play caller though.

Sirianni makes more sense to move up to QB coach first. OC would be a big jump but he is someone Haley hand picked and really likes. They would have to be careful with him and not give him a passing game CO title or put too much on his plate, IMO. That would be like Haley being promoted to OC after 2 years as Quality Control/offensive asst.

Outside guys:

Obviously Greg Oleson and I agree that he can't make a move laterally but i read somewhere a few weeks back the Tampa's FO and Coaching staff are working on contracts that expire sometime in Feb or March and they haven't extended them because of CBA uncertainty. Can't find a link though. If that is true he could just wait it out and not sign an ext there.

John Shoop was the OC at the bears when Haley was WR coach and Oleson was QB coach. He's had better luck with North Carolina and was a candidate for the Miami of Ohio HC job but fell short. Wouldn't be excited about him but he is close in age to Haley and has worked with him so it would get mentioned.

Tampa's QB coach Is Alex Van Pelt who played at Pitt and I'm sure was someone both Haley and his dad scouted and know personally on some level. Sometimes guys like that are part of the list because of where they were from and how long they've known each other. Just pure guess on that though.

I've mentioned same style system guys like Jeff Davidson the OC from Carolina who will be available and OC Brian Daboll from the Browns who might be available if Mangini gets canned. I believe Both worked at some time in NE but only Daboll for 2 years with Cassel. Neither have experience with Haley and both seem to be conservative but have only worked with Defensive minded HC's.

From Cinci depending on Marvin Lewis's situation, OC Bob Bratkowski and QB coach Ken Zampese would be worth mentioning.

should be interesting to see what happens.

doomy3
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Chiefs Offense-TM- Chiefs Jan. 1 - 5:01 pm et

Sure-Oz
01-01-2011, 08:01 PM

Hmm

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM

This makes sense...

Chieftain58
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-01/source-charlie-weis-will-join-florida-staff-as-offensive-coordinator

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-01/source-charlie-weis-will-join-florida-staff-as-offensive-coordinator

To be announced Monday! CRAP!

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM
ESPN reporting a done deal.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh well. Fuck Charlie Weis. The Kansas City Chiefs will be great without him. If he doesn't want to be part of something special fuck him.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
PLZ HALEY TAKE OVER PLAY CALLING

philfree
01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm glad Weiss had them keep this quiet till the playoffs are over. Wouldn't want to have our guys lose focus or anything.

PhilFree:arrow:

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
ESPN reporting a done deal.

Oh well...time to move on...

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Sooooo, what does this mean for the remainder of the season if anything?

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm glad Weiss had them keep this quiet till the playoffs are over. Wouldn't want to have our guys lose focus or anything.

PhilFree:arrow:

Pioli granted him permission to talk to Florida if the reports are to be believed -- so they evidently didn't want him that bad.

Frankly, if he didn't want to be here he should go.

I wish him the same success he brought to Notre Dame...

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Sooooo, what does this mean for the remainder of the season if anything?

He'll be focused on the Chiefs...when he's not focused on Florida...or vice-versa.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm only afraid that Weis won't be fully committed to the rest of this season, therefore screwing us over in the post-season. Why should he care about this team any longer?

the Talking Can
see ya fat ass, thanks for bailing on us...

mlyonsd

So it's your fault if we're one and done.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Take his play calling away let haley have the oakland game to get use to calling plays for the playoffs

KC kid
01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
What is Weis thinking? Why would you take a step down like that?

kstater
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM
What is Weis thinking? Why would you take a step down like that?

UF would be one of the handful of schools where it'd be more of a lateral move.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice try asseyes! ROFL

I was merely rebutting your desire for New England to fall into the ocean. You've probably never even been here.

New England is the birthplace of America. We have history coming out the ass, great universities, the best hospitals, the ocean, great food, great scenery. Within a few hours drive, in the summer you can be on the beaches of Cape Cod, and in the winter you can be skiing the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We have the rocky shores of Maine, and the rolling farmland of Vermont. We have mansions in Newport, great sports traditions with the Red Sox and Celtics and Patriots, a great metro train system in Boston. We have the two biggest casinos in the world. We have world-class museums and theater. We have songs written about New England, and poetry dedicated to New England.

Lee's Summit, MO has... one dickmuncher.

New England 1, Lee's Summit 0. kthxbye

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Why are we comparing Lees Summit to New England? wtf?
Don't be retarded people.

Pushead2
01-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks??

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
So it's your fault if we're one and done.

It's called sarcasm...

Frankly, I think having a real O-Line, the league's best rushing attack, a developing QB have more to do with our success. I don't think we'll have a problem bringing in a quality coordinator and if Weis has been contemplating this move for the past few weeks it hasn't shown on the field. If he doesn't like Haley or the Chiefs or Kansas City then see ya Charlie.....

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I was merely rebutting your desire for New England to fall into the ocean. You've probably never even been here.

New England is the birthplace of America. We have history coming out the ass, great universities, the best hospitals, the ocean, great food, great scenery. Within a few hours drive, in the summer you can be on the beaches of Cape Cod, and in the winter you can be skiing the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We have the rocky shores of Maine, and the rolling farmland of Vermont. We have mansions in Newport, great sports traditions with the Red Sox and Celtics and Patriots, a great metro train system in Boston. We have the two biggest casinos in the world. We have world-class museums and theater. We have songs written about New England, and poetry dedicated to New England.

no one gives a shit Martha Stewart...

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Pioli granted him permission to talk to Florida if the reports are to be believed -- so they evidently didn't want him that bad.

Frankly, if he didn't want to be here he should go.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway he could have left without their permission.

booger
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A person familiar with the decision says Florida Gators has hired former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator.

The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the move has not been formally announced, says it will made public Monday.

Weis, hired at Notre Dame five years ago when Urban Meyer turned the Irish down to come to Gainesville, is currently the offensive coordinator for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs are headed to the playoffs, and Weis will remain with them throughout the postseason. Weis won't go on the road recruiting at least for a week, but he will be to call recruits.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5979522

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A person familiar with the decision says Florida Gators has hired former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator.

The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the move has not been formally announced, says it will made public Monday.

Weis, hired at Notre Dame five years ago when Urban Meyer turned the Irish down to come to Gainesville, is currently the offensive coordinator for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs are headed to the playoffs, and Weis will remain with them throughout the postseason. Weis won't go on the road recruiting at least for a week, but he will be to call recruits.

That's fuckin bullshit. So he's coaching for KC, and recruiting for Florida at the same time? Douchebag!

Pushead2
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM

If they do in fact release that he is the coach Monday, that is poor taste on Weiss & The Gators because you can not sit here & tell me that this will not sit well in the players mind because it does. ESPECIALLY with playoffs coming

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM

He should resign from his duties as OC for the Chiefs than. They won't be his main priority.

ChiefsandO'sfan
getnickwright nick wright
How furious must Haley/Pioli be that Weis let this get out right now? I'm sure Weis would stay on thru playoffs, not sure team will want him

Reaper16

Do you go into elementary school gym class to see how your dick measures up? Ridiculous post.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
That's fuckin bullshit. So he's coaching for KC, and recruiting for Florida at the same time? Douchebag!

For at least a week.

Meaning the earliest he would begin recruiting, should the Chiefs lose next weekend.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Bullshit...just let the guy walk.

He doesn't want to be here. He is a distraction now. Get rid of him.

OnTheWarpath58
How furious must Haley/Pioli be that Weis let this get out right now? I'm sure Weis would stay on thru playoffs, not sure team will want him

If they didn't want it to get out, all they had to do was refuse Florida's request to speak to him.

the Talking Can
sweet our OC is going to spend his time pexting 17 yr olds while we're preparing for the playoffs.....

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
As long as Crennel doesn't bail, we will be fine.

I'm absolutely shocked at how this went down, but fuck him now. I'm turning pretty bitter.

It annoys me that all he talked about last off-season was how he's a coordinator on Sundays and that's how he wants to finish his career. "It's what I'm good at" is what he repeatedly said.

Now he comes here, does well with a young offense that is setup for years of success and he bails.

I think we'll be fine, and we'll hire someone that can keep the ball rolling, but the thought of him and Romeo being here 3-4 years was a great feeling.

Oh well, now KC can contact guys they want, at the same time as everyone else and get a successor in place.

The last time Weis announced he was bailing for NCAA was during the Pats last SB run. Hopefully that wide fucker can work that magic again.

Rams Fan

It's partially Pioli's fault. In another article that was posted some where in this thread, it was mentioned that the Chiefs gave Muschamp permission to talk to Weis.

KCrockaholic
For at least a week.

Meaning the earliest he would begin recruiting, should the Chiefs lose next weekend.

Yep, my bad. I didn't read it thoroughly. But he's still a douchebag.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
He should resign from his duties as OC for the Chiefs than. They won't be his main priority.

No, he shouldn't.

He did the same thing with the Patriots in 2004 before he went to ND. He agreed to be their coach during the playoffs and stayed with New England.

The simple fact that recruits know he's going to be there is going to be good enough.

tk13
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, I'd said all year that we'd been one of the few teams to avoid off the field drama. Guess that couldn't last forever, great timing.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
The first 100 posts of this thread are fucking hilarious.

I just re-read the first two pages.

Gold, Jerry.

The Bad Guy
It's partially Pioli's fault. In another article that was posted some where in this thread, it was mentioned that the Chiefs gave Muschamp permission to talk to Weis.

It's not Pioli's fault. If the Gators were inquiring it's because they knew Weis was interested.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Weis's spent Thanksgiving in Austin with Muschamp and Mack Brown. I'm assuming at the time it was due to the son going to UT next year and working with the team, but I'm guessing they developed a relationship since then.

dirk digler
Weis is a pro and I have no issues with him staying.

I am sad to see him go but at least we do have some advance notice so we don't have to wait around to pick somebody else.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Sorry, it's complete unsubstanciated bullshit.

The Gators are going to announce 48 hours after the Bowl that Weis is their OC?

Really? He's going to leave an NFL team where he's paid very handsomely, int he middle of the playoff hunt, to go to Florida?

This is complete "throw it against the wall and see what sticks bullshit" simply based on the Mortensen report.

Ubber fail.

SPATCH
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
For at least a week.

Yeah but he's still allowed to call recruits..

This is ubz gay. At least I can go back to hating Weis like I did during his ND days. He just looks too much like a lesbian for me to take seriously.

RustShack
The Pats won their last SB knowing during the Playoffs they were losing both Weis and Crennel.

Coach
So who is your (serious and logical) next choice as a OC?
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
I would relieve Weis of his duties immediately upon confirmation that he has accepted the Florida job. It doesn't send a good message to the players or for the overall message of the organization.

If you don't want to be a coach or player for the KC Chiefs, then down the road you go ASAP.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I would relieve Weis of his duties immediately upon confirmation that he has accepted the Florida job. It doesn't send a good message to the players or for the overall message of the organization.

If you don't want to be a coach or player for the KC Chiefs, then down the road you go ASAP.
Posted via Mobile Device

Um, no.

It has nothing to do with the overall organization after this season is over. They'll find someone else and hopefully build on what he did here. Cassel's likely learned a lot about playing QB that will help him significantly.

Rams Fan
It's not Pioli's fault. If the Gators were inquiring it's because they knew Weis was interested.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Weis's spent Thanksgiving in Austin with Muschamp and Mack Brown. I'm assuming at the time it was due to the son going to UT next year and working with the team, but I'm guessing they developed a relationship since then.

Pioli could have said straight out said that Muschamp could talk to Weis after the Chiefs season is done. But if that did happen, Florida would be behind in recruiting. And as you mentioned before, that Weis did the samething with the Pats in 2004, don't you think that Pioli would have learned from that?

Just my .02.

RustShack
So who is your (serious and logical) next choice as a OC?
Posted via Mobile Device

Josh McDaniels hands down.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Posted via Mobile Device:rolleyes: A little dramatic, dont you think?

RustShack
Yeah I bet the Cardinals lost the SB because they knew Haley was bailing for KC.

dirk digler

Posted via Mobile Device

Totally disagree.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
The Pats won their last SB knowing during the Playoffs they were losing both Weis and Crennel.

BS. Crennel couldn't have been talking with the Browns during the playoffs since the NFL has a rule that you can't talk to other teams coaches during the season.

RustShack
BS. Crennel couldn't have been talking with the Browns during the playoffs since the NFL has a rule that you can't talk to other teams coaches during the season.

ROFL

dirk digler
I just really really really hope the Chiefs DO NOT promote Carthon.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:19 PM

Yes he could have.

ChiefsandO'sfan
Todd haley will be the next OC

Rams Fan
Yeah I bet the Cardinals lost the SB because they knew Haley was bailing for KC.

They didn't know Haley was bailing for KC. Coaches can't talk to other teams until their team's season is over.

TRR
:rolleyes: A little dramatic, dont you think?

The Chiefs aren't winning the SB this year. Use this as a Randy Moss type message. If they win a playoff game without Weis, it builds confidence for next year. If they lose, nobody expected them to go far anyway.

Bottom line, what Haley is preaching to the team is completely opposite of what Weis is currently doing IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes he could have.

Couldn't that be tampering then?

KCrockaholic
Pioli could have said straight out said that Muschamp could talk to Weis after the Chiefs season is done. But if that did happen, Florida would be behind in recruiting. And as you mentioned before, that Weis did the samething with the Pats in 2004, don't you think that Pioli would have learned from that?

Just my .02.

Pioli and Weis have a good relationship, and I'm sure part of it was a genuine gesture on the back of Pioli.

the Talking Can

Posted via Mobile Device

please

it sucks, but coaches leave all the time in the nfl...

hell, we more or less did the same thing with haley 2 years ago....in retrospect, it was obvious we were moving on him....no way he wasn't juggling negotiations to be our coach and his responsibilities as OC for a superbowl team...

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Todd haley will be the next OC

Hell no. Todd already proved he can't handle everything, and even he knows that.

RustShack
They didn't know Haley was bailing for KC. Coaches can't talk to other teams until their team's season is over.

Yeah I'm sure people in Arizona were completely clueless even though everyone in KC knew it was going to happen before its official. And the rule is you have to ask permission to talk to them.

the Talking Can

you believe in Santa Claus?

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM

so are you dumb or naive?

Guru
sounds like ESPN is reporting this as a done deal

The Bad Guy
The Chiefs aren't winning the SB this year. Use this as a Randy Moss type message. If they win a playoff game without Weis, it builds confidence for next year. If they lose, nobody expected them to go far anyway.

Bottom line, what Haley is preaching to the team is completely opposite of what Weis is currently doing IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Laughable.

So yes, let's just give up now since we aren't winning the SB. Fuck off with that noise.

Some of you really act like the playoffs are an every year occurance.

KCrockaholic

everyone is.

ChiefsandO'sfan

welcome to the news lol

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Pioli and Weis have a good relationship, and I'm sure part of it was a genuine gesture on the back of Pioli.

I always heard they didn't have a good relationship in NE because both wanted to be Bills right hand man and were jealous of eachother or something along those lines..

Rams Fan
Yeah I'm sure people in Arizona were completely clueless even though everyone in KC knew it was going to happen before its official. And the rule is you have to ask permission to talk to them.

Teams can't ask permission to speak to said coach until after the season is over. Do you see coaches hired by other NFL teams during the season or during the playoffs from other teams while their team is still in the playoffs?

The Bad Guy
Couldn't that be tampering than?

No, it's not.

Coaches can interview for head jobs in the 2 weeks off before the SB.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Haley 100% will not be the game day OC next year.

All Haley talks about is how he enjoys the game day experience so much more than last year when he had all the offensive responsibility.

booger

Just my .02.

The fact that they even asked permission is about respect since they don't have to for a move from the NFL to college or vice versa. they do that so when Pioli and KC scouts go visit multiple times per year in season, spring games, pro days, etc, it makes them look better to not just KC but the entire NFL.

It really was just a courtesy call. Pioli says no and its gonna happen anyway.

Rams Fan
No, it's not.

Coaches can interview for head jobs in the 2 weeks off before the SB.

Okay, but it can't be announced during the Super Bowl, correct?

SPATCH
Couldn't that be tampering than?

Then. Fuck. Not than. U've done that twice now. Fuck

Sorry. Fuck.

Sorry

TRR
please

it sucks, but coaches leave all the time in the nfl...

hell, we more or less did the same thing with haley 2 years ago....in retrospect, it was obvious we were moving on him....no way he wasn't juggling negotiations to be our coach and his responsibilities as OC for a superbowl team...

It has nothing to do with coaches leaving all the time, or it sucking. It's not about this year either. It's about practicing what you preach as well as credibility. Since day 1, Haley has preached team and a singular focus. Obviously accepting the FL job, Weis has neither for the Chiefs.

Right or wrong, I feel that letting Weis go immediately would make more of a longterm impact than letting him coach a playoff game or two..
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
I always heard they didn't have a good relationship in NE because both wanted to be Bills right hand man and were jealous of eachother or something along those lines..

I never heard anything like that. And I highly doubt it was true since Weis came to KC in the first place because he and Pioli had a good relationship from NE.

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
It has nothing to do with coaches leaving all the time, or it sucking. It's not about this year either. It's about practicing what you preach as well as credibility. Since day 1, Haley has preached team and a singular focus. Obviously accepting the FL job, Weis has neither for the Chiefs.

Right or wrong, I feel that letting Weis go immediately would make more of a longterm impact than letting him coach a playoff game or two..
Posted via Mobile Device

this isn't college....this is just a cut throat business

players and coaches understand the business side of it....no one in the Chiefs locker room is running around saying, "OMG! Everything Coach taught is a lie because Weis is leaving!"

they're adults

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Teams can't ask permission to speak to said coach until after the season is over. Do you see coaches hired by other NFL teams during the season or during the playoffs from other teams while their team is still in the playoffs?

Just because they can't officially hire them while the team is still plays doesn't mean they aren't talking to them. Have you ever wondered how Free Agents already have a contract at midnight even though they can't have contact until that day? Same type of thing.

Chiefs Pantalones
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d5e91d/article/report-florida-hires-weis-away-from-chiefs-to-run-offense?module=HP_headlines

JD10367
Do you go into elementary school gym class to see how your dick measures up? Ridiculous post.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you talking with Sanchez's dick in your mouth.

KCrockaholic

players and coaches understand the business side of it....no one in the Chiefs locker room is running around saying, "OMG! Everything Coach taught is a lie because Weis is leaving!"

they're adults

True, if anything they might play their ass off even more in spite of him.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I never heard anything like that. And I highly doubt it was true since Weis came to KC in the first place because he and Pioli had a good relationship from NE.

He also came here because he had a relationship with Haley.. but you would think if Weis and Pioli were so tight then Pioli would tell Haley to fuck off.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
A little more (quick) insight on Weis: Haley had begun to call more plays this yr as season went on. Sometimes upward of 12-15 per gm.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
That's not a huge number, but it's proof that Weis wasn't 100 percent responsible for offense's turnaround. Haley and Sirianni were big keys

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
He also came here because he had a relationship with Haley.. but you would think if Weis and Pioli were so tight then Pioli would tell Haley to **** off.

Pioli is not going to destroy his plan after just two years and a successful season from Haley by firing him. That would be stupid.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM

they're adults

Adults or not, Haley was had a profound impact on this team by instilling several key football values. I look at Weis leaving as another opportunity for Haley to make a statement. A statement like he made to Dwayne Bowe. A statement like he made to DJ. By letting Weis go immediately, he is saying one person, especially one not focused on the task at hand, is not more important than the team.

You say keep Weis...for what? The statement to me of letting Weis go is more powerful than keeping him on for a game or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:33 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
A little more (quick) insight on Weis: Haley had begun to call more plays this yr as season went on. Sometimes upward of 12-15 per gm.

This explains some of those WTF moments.

KCrockaholic
kentbabb Kent Babb

And how does Babb know this? Just curious...

dirk digler
This explains some of those WTF moments.

LMAO Pretty much

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb

Very interesting.

This would lend to why Weis was unhappy about not having full reign.

I remember Haley talking about some play calls he made, but it's absolutely huge to make sure we keep Sirianni on staff.

I'd also be shocked if the Chiefs let any of Weis's guys out of their contracts.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Adults or not, Haley was had a profound impact on this team by instilling several key football values. I look at Weis leaving as another opportunity for Haley to make a statement. A statement like he made to Dwayne Bowe. A statement like he made to DJ. By letting Weis go immediately, he is saying one person, especially one not focused on the task at hand, is not more important than the team.

You say keep Weis...for what? The statement to me of letting Weis go is more powerful than keeping him on for a game or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

You keep Weis because he's called most of the plays all year.

Haley obviously is fine with it, or the organization would not have given permission for him to interview.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm sure Bellichick wishes he would have let Weis and Crennel go during their last playoff run even though he hasn't won a SB without them.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Bellichick wishes he would have let Weis and Crennel go during their last playoff run even though he hasn't won a SB without them.

It might happen this year.

NE looks like a powerhouse that nobody will stop in the post-season.

ChiefsandO'sfan
kentbabb Kent Babb
Very early names as possible replacement could be Carthon/Sirianni from current staff, Greg Olson from Tampa and Mike Miller in AZ

dirk digler
Very interesting.

This would lend to why Weis was unhappy about not having full reign.

I remember Haley talking about some play calls he made, but it's absolutely huge to make sure we keep Sirianni on staff.

I'd also be shocked if the Chiefs let any of Weis's guys out of their contracts.

Just doing a quick check Parmlee was one of Weis guys but Sirianni is one of Haleys

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Just promote Sirianni. He's a young dude that might have some talent. Anything but Carthon IMO.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:39 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
Very early names as possible replacement could be Carthon/Sirianni from current staff, Greg Olson from Tampa and Mike Miller in AZ

All have been mentioned in the thread.

*CP pats itself on the back*

No clue why Olson would leave Tampa, though.

ChiefsandO'sfan
Just promote Sirianni. He's a young dude that might have some talent. Anything but Carthon IMO.

kentbabb Kent Babb
As of now, don't think the Chiefs believe Sirianni is ready to be a coordinator, but he'll have a much bigger job on next year's staff.

RustShack
I'm in the bring in McDaniels or promote someone currently on the staff but Haley calls the plays again bandwagon.

dirk digler
kentbabb Kent Babb

I swear if Carthon becomes OC.....

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
You keep Weis because he's called most of the plays all year.

Haley obviously is fine with it, or the organization would not have given permission for him to interview.

Unfortunately I don't see the good in keeping on a coach who's focus is elsewhere. The same reason I accept my employees resignations immediately when they put in their two weeks. It is as clear as day that those final two weeks will be a waste of company money, doesn't send the right message to my team that works their butts off day in and day out, and in the long-run, pays dividends to change immediately to ensure a successful future with that particular position.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I doubt Carthon gets the job.. why wouldn't he have gotten it last year right after Gailey got fired instead of Haley pulling double duty.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM

This should help with some of your questions:

b) If the employer club elects to grant permission to the inquiring club, the one
(1) interview between the inquiring club and the assistant coach must be
conducted at any location acceptable to the employer club and at a time that
is convenient for the employer club. For clubs that have byes in the Wild
Card weekend, interviews of its coaches must be conducted prior to the
conclusion of Wild Card games. For assistant coaches of clubs that
participate in a Wild Card game and advance to the Divisional Playoffs,
interviews must be conducted after the Wild Card games and prior to the
conclusion of Divisional Playoff games. An inquiring club is permitted only
one interview with an assistant coach while his team is competing in the
postseason, and there shall be no other direct or indirect contact between any
employee or agent of the inquiring club and the assistant coach or any
representative or agent of the assistant coach. No initial interviews may be
requested nor granted after the Divisional Playoff weekend for any assistant
coach whose team is still participating in the postseason. However, in any
year in which there is at least a two-week break between the conference
championship games and the Super Bowl, an assistant coach who (i) has
previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job and (ii) whose
current employer-club is participating in the Super Bowl may have a second
interview with a club with which he has previously interviewed for an open
head coach position provided that (i) the current employer-club elects to
grant permission for a second interview, and (ii) the interview will take
place at a time and location that is acceptable for the current employer-club,
but no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.
c) No contract shall be executed, and no agreement to execute a contract, or an
announcement of a contract or of an agreement for employment, shall be
permitted until after the conclusion of the employer club’s playing season.
d) If a club elects to grant permission for one of its assistant coaches to
interview for a head coaching position, it must grant permission to all
inquiring clubs that seek to interview him. Permission cannot be granted
selectively.
e) If a club elects to grant permission for one of its assistant coaches to
interview with an inquiring club or clubs, it may deny permission for
another member of its staff, provided that the denial is applicable to all
inquiring clubs.

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009%20NFL%20Anti-Tampering%20Policy.pdf

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately I don't see the good in keeping on a coach who's focus is elsewhere. The same reason I accept my employees resignations immediately when they put in their two weeks. It is as clear as day that those final two weeks will be a waste of company money, doesn't send the right message to my team that works their butts off day in and day out, and in the long-run, pays dividends to change immediately to ensure a successful future with that particular position.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I bet Weis would hate to go to Florida with another SB ring. Its not like him having success in the playoffs with the Chiefs would make kids want to play for him.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I doubt Carthon gets the job.. why wouldn't he have gotten it last year right after Gailey got fired instead of Haley pulling double duty.

I was thinking that as well but you never know.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
The only way Weis is forgiven is if he helps win us a SB. If we flake out in the playoffs then he can fuck himself.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I bet Weis would hate to go to Florida with another SB ring. Its not like him having success in the playoffs with the Chiefs would make kids want to play for him.

It doesn't matter how focused Weis is or isn't. It's about perception...and with Weis interview and accepting a job in FL, with recruiting right around the corner, the perception is his mind is elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I was thinking that as well but you never know.

starting to think scott told haley weis is the OC like it or not

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Who around here follow player Tweets? What are Chiefs players saying?

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM

nobody has said a word

DaFace
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Nothing that I've seen.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 09:49 PM
It doesn't matter how focused Weis is or isn't. It's about perception...and with Weis interview and accepting a job in FL, with recruiting right around the corner, the perception is his mind is elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile DeviceC'mon, man. Coordinators do this every yr it seems. You're making more to this than what it is.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-01-2011, 09:50 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
I absolutely cannot fathom a scenario where McDaniels is Weis' replacement. Haley likes a family environment; too much ugly history.

BigMeatballDave
Nothing that I've seen.Interesting...

KCrockaholic
The players have been completely silent on Twitter. In other news Chad Ochocinco can't get away from it.

milkman
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Interesting...

They've taken a page from Weis.

They are, at this very moment, interviewing for other jobs so that they're prepared for the lockout.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
C'mon, man. Coordinators do this every yr it seems. You're making more to this than what it is.

It's about making an impact. Just the same as when posters on here said, "just let Bowe play...why is he third string?". Or "just put DJ in...who cares if he free-lances.".

It's about statements and the future. This is an opportunity to make a statement to the team that could pay dividends for the future. Even if it happens the next time an OC decides to leave. It's a young KC team.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
I would like to point out the irony that most of us are saying that we'll be ok as long as Romeo stays. However, at the beginning of the season, many were FAR, FAR more excited about the addition of Weis.

Let's hope we're right this time, though.

Bowser
The players have been completely silent on Twitter. In other news Chad Ochocinco can't get away from it.

He's still mad at Shaun Smith.

The Bad Guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Comparing real world situations to NFL situations is a joke.

At this point in the game, letting Weis go now does nothing absolutley nothing positive for the 2010 Chiefs and that's all I give a shit about right now.

DaFace
01-01-2011, 09:54 PM
They've taken a page from Weis.

They are, at this very moment, interviewing for other jobs so that they're prepared for the lockout.

Except Shaun Smith.

autumnsjs90 shaun smith
yoooooooooooooooooooooo chiefssssssssssssssp

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
If Haley is involved with calling some game day plays, no way can I see McDaniels here.

It's going to be a low-key guy that can work with him and Nick.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Except Shaun Smith.

LMAO

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Comparing real world situations to NFL situations is a joke.

At this point in the game, letting Weis go now does nothing absolutley nothing positive for the 2010 Chiefs and that's all I give a shit about right now.

That is EXACTLY the reason the Chiefs have been bad for years upon years. Near-sighted and living year to year.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
kentbabb Kent Babb
I absolutely cannot fathom a scenario where McDaniels is Weis' replacement. Haley likes a family environment; too much ugly history.

So what else happened besides that ONE game?

Rams Fan
If Haley is involved with calling some game day plays, no way can I see McDaniels here.

It's going to be a low-key guy that can work with him and Nick.

Someone that's worked with him in the past in AZ? If so, I don't see how Mike Miller would be a bad addition. He was in AZ when Haley was there and right now is basically calling half of the plays for AZ(Grimm is calling the other half, Grimm's the running game coordinator).

milkman
01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Except Shaun Smith.

That's just nuts.

-King-
01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I would like to point out the irony that most of us are saying that we'll be ok as long as Romeo stays. However, at the beginning of the season, many were FAR, FAR more excited about the addition of Weis.

Let's hope we're right this time, though.

Unless Cassel just forgets everything he's learned from Weis, I think we'll be alright. I still think the timing of this whole thing is very ass-holish by Weis. Fuck him. But imo, I think Crennel is much more valuable because the defense is still young and is still learning.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:58 PM
That is EXACTLY the reason the Chiefs have been bad for years upon years. Near-sighted and living year to year.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're a douche bag. No team lets a coach go during the playoffs. And coaches know during the playoffs already if they are leaving or not.. happens every single year.

ChiefsandO'sfan
haley needs to do this to weis

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sGz3uyCNZCM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sGz3uyCNZCM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

KCrockaholic
Unless Cassel just forgets everything he's learned from Weis, I think we'll be alright. I still think the timing of this whole thing is very ass-holish by Weis. **** him. But imo, I think Crennel is much more valuable because the defense is still young and is still learning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crennel at least seems like a good guy.

I'm fairly confident that he wouldn't do that to this team.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it's being near-sighted letting Charlie Weis call the game next weekend.

How in the **** am I living year to year? I'm saying there's no benefit for the rest of this year to letting Weis go right now. The Chiefs sucked for years because they spent poorly, brought in shitty players, talent evaluators and coaches. The fact you are trying to make that comparison is a joke.

Some of you need a ****ing reality check. Throwing in the towel this year because you think the "message Haley is sending" will basically be smeared if Weis stays is about the dumbest ****ing thing ever.

The Chiefs will go on next year and hopefully have a playoff win or 2 this year to build on that.

Winning in the playoffs will have a far greater impact on this team than Charlie Weis leaving.

TRR
01-01-2011, 10:00 PM
You're a douche bag. No team lets a coach go during the playoffs. And coaches know during the playoffs already if they are leaving or not.. happens every single year.

No need for namecalling...and why can't KC break a trend instead of following suit with other teams?

It's just my opinion as I expect Weis to stay on...either way the playoff run may end quickly and then what?
Posted via Mobile Device