PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Weiss to the Gators in 2011 (confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
You're a douche bag. No team lets a coach go during the playoffs. And coaches know during the playoffs already if they are leaving or not.. happens every single year.

Truth.

TRR should get some tampons from Laz. Maybe they can buy them on sale together.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, it's being near-sighted letting Charlie Weis call the game next weekend.

How in the fuck am I living year to year? I'm saying there's no benefit for the rest of this year to letting Weis go right now.

Some of you need a fucking reality check. Throwing in the towel this year because you think the "message Haley is sending" will basically be smeared if Weis stays is about the dumbest fucking thing ever.

The Chiefs will go on next year and hopefully have a playoff win or 2 this year to build on that.

Winning in the playoffs will have a far greater impact on this team than Charlie Weis leaving.

So you think letting Charlie Weis go is throwing in the towel this year???? What is KC going to do next year without Weis?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:02 PM
No need for namecalling...and why can't KC break a trend instead of following suit with other teams?

It's just my opinion as I expect Weis to stay on...either way the playoff run may end quickly and then what?
Posted via Mobile Device

You've already given up on the 2010 playoffs so it's no skin off your ass.

-King-
01-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Crennel at least seems like a good guy.

I'm fairly confident that he wouldn't do that to this team.

Yeah. Crennel seems to be an overall good person and coach.

Weis just thinks he's the shit. I'm surprised he didn't ask for a 1 hr tv deal to make his "decision" to take his talents and his eating utensils to south beach.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
So you think letting Charlie Weis go is throwing in the towel this year???? What is KC going to do next year without Weis?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ummm yes. Who would call the plays and prepare the offense? Haley? Fuck that

Frankie
I always heard they didn't have a good relationship in NE because both wanted to be Bills right hand man and were jealous of eachother or something along those lines..

Correction. What you heard was they were both jealous of Bill's right hand.

TRR
You've already given up on the 2010 playoffs so it's no skin off your ass.

That's not what I asked you. Answer my original question and then ask yourself if you can truly envision KC going to NE and knocking off the Pats.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Why are we changing anything now that has this team at 10-5 and division champs when we are 8 days away from a playoff game?

Next year will work itself out. They'll hire someone else, install the offense and move on.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
No need for namecalling...and why can't KC break a trend instead of following suit with other teams?

It's just my opinion as I expect Weis to stay on...either way the playoff run may end quickly and then what?
Posted via Mobile Device

They started a trend last year firing their OC during the Pre Season. The playoff run will likely end sooner without Weis than it would if we kept him.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Ummm yes. Who would call the plays and prepare the offense? Haley? Fuck that

Lol! Haley definitely wasn't the coordinator of a SB contender with the Cards was he?

So if getting rid of Weis now is throwing in the towel, what do we do for next year?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
If the Chiefs aren't focusing on the here and now with the playoffs upcoming, I hope every single sack of shit at 1 Arrowhead is fired.

This time of year isn't about "long-term." It's about winning now.

The Bad Guy
That's not what I asked you. Answer my original question and then ask yourself if you can truly envision KC going to NE and knocking off the Pats.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can envision anything in the playoffs. Maybe you can join KnowMo in the Chiefsplanet quitters club.

KCrockaholic
Yeah. Crennel seems to be an overall good person and coach.

Weis just thinks he's the shit. I'm surprised he didn't ask for a 1 hr tv deal to make his "decision" to take his talents and his eating utensils to south beach.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

I would literally laugh my ass off for an hour if he did a "decision" segment. So fitting considering the state he is leaving for.

Frankie
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
A little more (quick) insight on Weis: Haley had begun to call more plays this yr as season went on. Sometimes upward of 12-15 per gm.

kentbabb Kent Babb
That's not a huge number, but it's proof that Weis wasn't 100 percent responsible for offense's turnaround. Haley and Sirianni were big keys

Way to be post whoring, sir.

KcMizzou
Report: Weis to join Florida on Monday

By Bill Williamson
KANSAS CITY -- It is being reported Saturday that Charlie Weis will leave Kansas City as offensive coordinator after one season for the same position at the University of Florida. He will formally accept the job Monday, a day after the Chiefsí finish the regular season against Oakland. ESPNís Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Weis was expected to take the job.

Weis is expected to stay with Kansas City through the playoffs. Kansas City hosts a wild card game next Saturday or Sunday. Friday, I posted some thoughts on Weisí short, but effective stay in Kansas City.

Last week, ESPNís Adam Schefter said former Denver coach Josh McDaniels could be a logical candidate to replace Weis and Friday we discussed the reasons why. Saturday, Schefter indicated that he thinks McDaniels of actually getting the job are low.

It will be interesting to see who Kansas City coach Todd Haley chooses to replace Weis. Kansas City will have its fourth offensive coordinator of the Haley era, which started in 2009. Chan Gailey was fired in the preseason in 2009 and Haley acted as his own offensive coordinator in his first season.

In the meantime, the Chiefs canít let Weisí pending departure distract the team in the playoffs. Weis is a professional and Iím sure heíll give Kansas City his all during the playoff run.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/22636/report-weis-to-join-florida-on-monday

The Bad Guy
If the Chiefs aren't focusing on the here and now with the playoffs upcoming, I hope every single sack of shit at 1 Arrowhead is fired.

This time of year isn't about "long-term." It's about winning now.

Thankfully, there's noone as dumb as TRR at One Arrowhead Drive. He's already given up and wants to send that stern message.

Just Passin' By
That is EXACTLY the reason the Chiefs have been bad for years upon years. Near-sighted and living year to year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Assistants get interviewed every year. Teams still win playoff games. Hell, everyone knew both Weis and Crennel were gone after '04, but they stayed on and helped the team win a Super Bowl.

Why would you expect the team to punish itself just because the College and NFL seasons don't match up perfectly?

the Talking Can
the most important thing weis did was improve Cassel as a QB....i'd assume that will stay after he's gone...i.e. i doubt Cassel just forgets everything

yeah, we have to roll the dice on a new play caller but we don't need someone to 'fix the QB' this time...

please no carthon...i'm just not that worried about getting a good OC as Haley is exacting in what he wants from the offense...he isn't going to put up with some mediocre crap...

that's why Crennel is so important...i have no idea if Haley's defensive acumen exists outside of Crennel's excellence...

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a lot easier to hire an OC during the offseason when you have months to work with him and him work with the team then it is to find one during the season fuck bag.

DeezNutz
Lol! Haley definitely wasn't the coordinator of a SB contender with the Cards was he?

So if getting rid of Weis now is throwing in the towel, what do we do for next year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it would be.

Comparing Haley's role in AZ to his role here is nonsensical. What do we do next year? Let's figure that out after our playoff run.

The Bad Guy

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm glad you see it as such a plug and play situation.

TRR
Why are we changing anything now that has this team at 10-5 and division champs when we are 8 days away from a playoff game?

Next year will work itself out. They'll hire someone else, install the offense and move on.

Who is we?

They make the change now because their current OC is busy thinking about the beaches in Florida....at least that is the perception.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
Yes, it would be.

Comparing Haley's role in AZ to his role here is nonsensical. What do we do next year? Let's figure that out after our playoff run.

But he wants answers now!!!!

Frankie
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
This explains some of those WTF moments.

But which one was doing the dumb calls?

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
But which one was doing the dumb calls?

Judging from last year, I'm afraid to speculate.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, it would be.

I'm comparing Haley's role in AZ to Weis' role here. Period.

Near-sighted thinking IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
Weis is allowed to begin recruiting next week. Get rid of him now.

The Bad Guy
Who is we?

They make the change now because their current OC is busy thinking about the beaches in Florida....at least that is the perception.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, pull the semantics card now that your fucking argument is weak.

Wake me up when you add something worthwhile to this discussion.

-King-
I wish Sirianni was a bit older. He and Haley seem to have a veryy good relationship.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

It isn't about next year it is about this year and this would turn the whole offense upside down.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Its a lot easier to hire an OC during the offseason when you have months to work with him and him work with the team then it is to find one during the season fuck bag.

What is with the name calling? Discuss like an adult. No need for another reply to you.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm discussing what I would do vs what you would do. Doesn't make you or me right or wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Assistants get interviewed every year. Teams still win playoff games. Hell, everyone knew both Weis and Crennel were gone after '04, but they stayed on and helped the team win a Super Bowl.

Why would you expect the team to punish itself just because the College and NFL seasons don't match up perfectly?

Were Weis and Crennel hired by other teams before the Super Bowl?

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Who is we?

Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said earlier and you ignored it. It didn't seem to hurt the Patriots last super bowl win keeping both Weis and Crennel even though they knew they had new jobs. But oddly they haven't won since losing those two coaches.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM

I really don't care if he makes a few calls. I'm sure he has used the phone before and done a few other things besides football since we hired him. He can't actually GO and recruit players until our season is over though.

DeezNutz
I'm comparing Haley's role in AZ to Weis' role here. Period.

Near-sighted thinking IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

So if we get a new HC before the playoffs, Haley would be an effective OC? Sure, I agree. Barring that, what's your point?

Rain Man
What a piece of crap Charlie Weis is. We're getting ready for the playoffs and he's interviewing for jobs? That's a Paul Hackett classless move. Go down to the minors, Charlie, and stay there until your Rascal battery dies.

booger
SWCS Grad Joins NFL Ranks
Kansas City Chiefs Hire Sirianni As Coach
February 27, 2009 - By Scott Kindberg skindberg@post-journal.com

Fran and Amy Sirianni of Howard Avenue in West Ellicott have been loyal fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers for years.

But that allegiance to the Super Bowl champions will now be put to the test, because their youngest son is now a Kansas City Chief.

Nick Sirianni has landed a job as the offensive quality control coach with the National Football League team. Sirianni, 27, interviewed with new Chiefs' head coach Todd Haley last Saturday at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, was hired on Monday, is preparing to move to Missouri this weekend and will start his new job next week.

''I don't know if I can count it as a job,'' Sirianni said by cell phone Thursday afternoon. ''It's an unbelievable opportunity to reach your dream.''

In his new position, the 1999 Southwestern Central School graduate will be responsible for breaking down the opponent's defensive game film, usually weeks in advance of the scheduled contest. The film breakdown is something Sirianni did regularly as an assistant coach at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for the last three years.

''It's a lot of stuff I do (at IUP),'' Sirianni said. ''It's breaking down opponent's film, and then just a lot of stuff from there, like helping to write up playbooks and tip sheets for our guys. The main thing is breaking down the film and really learning how to coach in the NFL, which is exciting.''

Sirianni said he could be in line for either an assistant quarterbacks or assistant wide receiver coaching positions with the Chiefs as well, which would only further enhance his rapid rise up the coaching ranks.

''I'm lucky, I'm blessed,'' he said. ''To be this young and get this job, it's a blessing just to get my foot in the door at this age.''

Before arriving at IUP in 2006, Sirianni won two NCAA Division III championships as a player and one as an assistant coach at powerful Mount Union (Ohio) College. As a senior, in 2003, he caught 52 passes for 998 yards and 13 touchdowns on his way to all-conference honors

Ironically, it was Sirianni's ties to Mount Union and a little bit of good fortune that ultimately helped him get the job in Kansas City.

Home on break during his sophomore year at Mount Union, Sirianni happened to be wearing a Mount Union T-shirt while he was working out at the Lakewood YMCA. The T-shirt drew the attention of another man nearby. That man just happened to be Haley, then the wide receivers coach with the Chicago Bears, who was vacationing in Chautauqua County.

A bond was formed.

''I would pick his brain,'' Sirianni said. ''He gave me some good drills that I used to develop me as a wide receiver and that I later used in my coaching. ... He helped me out a lot.''

Finally, two years ago - again at the YMCA - Haley mentioned to Sirianni that the latter would make a good candidate for a quality control job in the NFL.

And when Haley, whose assistant coaching resume includes stops with the New York Jets, Chicago, Dallas and Arizona, was hired as the Chiefs' head coach on Feb. 6, he didn't forget about Sirianni and called him about an interview.

''When I left (Indianapolis), I felt I did a great job,'' Sirianni said. ''I did feel really confident. I felt good leaving there that I was going to have a job and, fortunately enough, thank God, it worked out.''

What the Sirianni family, which includes older brothers Jay (the coach of the state Class C champion Southwestern Trojans) and Mike (the head head coach at perennially strong Washington & Jefferson College), will do about their love of the Steelers is a story for another day.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/524473.html?nav=5018

So he's 29 now, that's pretty wet behind the ears yet for an OC. I do think he gets promoted to officially have the title of QB coach and maybe passing game CO depending on the route they go with and structure next year's staff.

He got thrown into the fire early with Gailey's firing. He and asst. GM Joel Collier both worked with the QB's last year.

TRR
Yes, pull the semantics card now that your fucking argument is weak.

Wake me up when you add something worthwhile to this discussion.

Wake you up? Ok bro.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Welp....this is all setting up to be another memorable playoff season for the Chiefs.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
What is with the name calling? Discuss like an adult. No need for another reply to you.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm discussing what I would do vs what you would do. Doesn't make you or me right or wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

I gotta agree with TRR on this one.

He's just discussing his opinion, which may or may not be the correct way to go about it.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Weiss can suck my dick. What a piece of shit the guy is.

At the very least wait until the Chiefs season is over before doing this shit.

I hope the battery of his rascal dies in the middle of traffic and the guy gets hit by a fucking bus. May he get hit by a mother fucking bus.

googlegoogle
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM

I hope the battery of his rascal dies in the middle of traffic and the guy gets hit by a ****ing bus. May he get hit by a mother ****ing bus.

i wish i could kicked him over in his cart.

tk13
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Nobody thought we'd even be in this position this year. You get in the dance, there is no tomorrow. You have to play for now. That was one of the surprising things to me when the Broncos had the AFC title game a few years ago... some of their fans kinda passed off the loss thinking they'd be back with the team they'd built. That's crazy... you get a chance, you go for it. Patriots fans probably didn't think they'd go the rest of the decade without winning a title in 2004. I know we're building a long term thing here and I think we can get back to the playoffs, but we made it in a year where every team has a couple holes... you gotta do whatever it takes to win.

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Nobody thought we'd even be in this position this year. You get in the dance, there is no tomorrow. You have to play for now. That was one of the surprising things to me when the Broncos had the AFC title game a few years ago... some of their fans kinda passed off the loss thinking they'd be back with the team they'd built. That's crazy... you get a chance, you go for it. Patriots fans probably didn't think they'd go the rest of the decade without winning a title in 2004. I know we're building a long term thing here and I think we can get back to the playoffs, but we made it in a year where every team has a couple holes... you gotta do whatever it takes to win.

amen

RustShack
It was being discussed, until he started getting stupid about it. Haley and Weis together were able to get us to the playoffs. You really want to change from that now and try something new for the playoffs? Letting Weis go now is about as stupid as it gets.

This happens to playoff teams every year, and none of them let their coach go. It hasn't effected their teams. Weis did this before with the Patriots, that didn't stop him from helping them win their last SB.

Spott
I never like that fat bastard anyways. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, dicksmoker.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
i wish i could kicked him over in his cart.

I hope the fat fuck has a stroke before he gets down to Florida.

May diabetes take both his stumpy, fat abused, legs.

Just Passin' By
Were Weis and Crennel hired by other teams before the Super Bowl?

In an earlier post, I quoted some of the NFL rules. Coaches can't officially sign with other NFL teams until after their team is finished for the season, so Crennel couldn't have signed with anyone until after the Super Bowl. The same rules don't apply with college hirings:

Originally Published: December 13, 2004.....

...New England Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis made it official Sunday night, becoming the first Notre Dame graduate to coach the team since Hugh Devore served as interim coach in 1963. Only Weis didn't play college football....

Weis told the players he'll be around as much as possible, but would be staying with the Patriots through the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943710http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943710

googlegoogle
Very interesting.

This would lend to why Weis was unhappy about not having full reign.

I remember Haley talking about some play calls he made, but it's absolutely huge to make sure we keep Sirianni on staff.

I'd also be shocked if the Chiefs let any of Weis's guys out of their contracts.

Maybe

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 09:19 PM

I hope the battery of his rascal dies in the middle of traffic and the guy gets hit by a ****ing bus. May he get hit by a mother ****ing bus.

They can't wait. The college season is on a different schedule than the NFL season.

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Yes. Absolutely.

This is something that drove me crazy about Haley's "we're not a good team, yet" mantra throughout the season, even with a significant lead in the division. At a certain point, drop the BS and go for the fucking jugular. We're trying to build...yada, yada, yada.

This is a schedule-driven league, and you must make hay when you have a golden opportunity. Currently, I could give a fuck what that fat sumbitch does in '11, as long as his ass is at Arrowhead, putting in the necessary work to call plays against whomever KC draws in the opening round.

Chiefnj2
In an earlier post, I quoted some of the NFL rules. Coaches can't officially sign with other NFL teams until after their team is finished for the season, so Crennel couldn't have signed with anyone until after the Super Bowl. The same rules don't apply with college hirings:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943710http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943710

So the situations aren't exactly the same. Crennel was in high demand, but didn't have a job locked up.

TRR

That's a good point. Stranger things have happened. I however am of the opinion that KC is a year ahead of schedule. Doesn't mean they can't take it all...but its tough to envision.

I am simply of the opinion that by canning Weis, you make a statement that could pay dividends in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
At least this gets KC ahead of the curve
You know there are alot of people hoping to be HC's getting oral commitments
from possible coordinators and other assistants

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 09:21 PM
They can't wait. The college season is on a different schedule than the NFL season.

This is part of the problem. Recruiting begins next week.

pr_capone

He can keep his ****ing mouth shut about it until after our season is over is what he could do.

It's not like he is gonna be the HC. Let the HC do the fucking recruiting until his job in KC is done for the season.

dirk digler
That's a good point. Stranger things have happened. I however am of the opinion that KC is a year ahead of schedule. Doesn't mean they can't take it all...but its tough to envision.

I am simply of the opinion that by canning Weis, you make a statement that could pay dividends in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

What the fuck is the statement? That you don't care about winning in the playoffs?

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes. Absolutely.

This is something that drove me crazy about Haley's "we're not a good team, yet" mantra throughout the season, even with a significant lead in the division. At a certain point, drop the BS and go for the fucking jugular. We're trying to build...yada, yada, yada.

This is a schedule-driven league, and you must make hay when you have a golden opportunity. Currently, I could give a fuck what that fat sumbitch does in '11, as long as his ass is at Arrowhead, putting in the necessary work to call plays against whomever KC draws in the opening round.

Whole-heartedly disagree with your statement of Haley in this post. Way to young of team to be telling them they have arrived.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
He can keep his ****ing mouth shut about it until after our season is over is what he could do.

Multiple posters have said that already. Hardly anyone agrees with the timing of this announcement.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
What the fuck is the statement? That you don't care about winning in the playoffs?

Re-read my earlier posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Yes. Absolutely.

Eh, I think this had more to do with Haley wanting to keeping the young guys focused on each and every game.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Multiple posters have said that already. Hardly anyone agrees with the timing of this announcement.

I'm not gonna bother reading through 4 pages of 80 posts per page to sift through what others have said so as to not repost.

I'm fucking pissed right now.

I hope his rascal catches on fire and his fat ass can't get off of it until he has suffered 3rd degree burns.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Its not going to change how he goes about this run one way or the other. Even if it hasn't been announced already, he would still know.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
So the situations aren't exactly the same. Crennel was in high demand, but didn't have a job locked up.

The situations are different because of NFL rules. Coaches can't sign with other NFL teams while their teams are still playing. That doesn't necessarily mean that a job won't be locked up, but it will mean that there's nothing official.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Re-read my earlier posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was hoping you had something different because the other one was dumb

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 09:27 PM
What the **** is the statement? That you don't care about winning in the playoffs?

That you will fold up shop immediately when things don't go your way.

Chiefnj2
The situations are different because of NFL rules. Coaches can't sign with other NFL teams while their teams are still playing. That doesn't necessarily mean that a job won't be locked up, but it will mean that there's nothing official.

It means he could ultimately not be offered the nfl job if the team comes out and sucks ass and is completely out coached.

Farzin
It says head coach on the google search, but when you click the link, it says assistant coach. :hmmm:

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I was hoping you had something different because you are other one was dumb

Irony.

pr_capone
Its not going to change how he goes about this run one way or the other. Even if it hasn't been announced already, he would still know.

Distraction to the players. You don't fuck with things when you are on a roll. It's standard sports superstition.

Just Passin' By

It's not like he is gonna be the HC. Let the HC do the ****ing recruiting until his job in KC is done for the season.

How do you expect a coordinator level position at UF to be kept quiet? How many people are you expecting to be executed in order to maintain the needless silence?

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Whole-heartedly disagree with your statement of Haley in this post. Way to young of team to be telling them they have arrived.
Posted via Mobile Device

There's a middle ground between "we're still trying to become a good team" and "we've arrived."

The players are aware of the standings, so willful blindness to reality seems ridiculous.

RustShack
Distraction to the players. You don't fuck with things when you are on a roll. It's standard sports superstition.

Hopefully the players respect him enough to send him out with a ring.

TRR
I was hoping you had something different because you are other one was dumb

Dumb to you. Not to me. Practice what you preach...and Haley consistently preaches focus and team and commitment to excellence and Chiefs Will. Hard to say those have any meaning when your OC has already accepted a demotion to a college OC position two weeks before the biggest game of Haley's head coaching career.
Posted via Mobile Device

FRCDFED
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass fucker! Next time show a little class and wait until the season is over! I hope you never get an NFL position again! Can his ass now!

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
There's a middle ground between "we're still trying to become a good team" and "we've arrived."

The players are aware of the standings, so willful blindness to reality seems ridiculous.

His statements obviously hasn't hurt the Chiefs. Haley did the same thing IMO with Larry Fitz in AZ...Haley made sure Fitz never thought he had "arrived."
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Irony.

LMAO I hate when I do that

pr_capone
Hopefully the players respect him enough to send him out with a ring.

Fuck that. I hope the players get a ring for themselves and Hailey. They can shit all over his and mail it to his retirement home in FL.

The Bad Guy
Don't let the door hit you in the ass ****er! Next time show a little class and wait until the season is over! I hope you never get an NFL position again! Can his ass now!

He obviously doesn't want another NFL job.

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 09:33 PM
His statements obviously hasn't hurt the Chiefs. Haley did the same thing IMO with Larry Fitz in AZ...Haley made sure Fitz never thought he had "arrived."
Posted via Mobile Device

True. It was certainly annoying as fuck, from my perspective, but that's of zero significance.

Rain Man
If he's leaving after one year, and he's leaving for a minor league job, that means he didn't get along with Todd. And if he didn't get along with Todd I want him out of here, because Todd is da man. I doubt it was Weis doing the cat burglar stuff, because there's no way Weis is going to stealthily sneak into a window in the middle of the night.

BigMeatballDave

Posted via Mobile DeviceSorry to pile on, but this makes no sense.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Dumb to you. Not to me. Practice what you preach...and Haley consistently preaches focus and team and commitment to excellence and Chiefs Will. Hard to say those have any meaning when your OC has already accepted a demotion to a college OC position two weeks before the biggest game of Haley's head coaching career.
Posted via Mobile Device

As I said earlier Weis is a pro and he will do his very best. I have full faith in that and I am sure the Chiefs do as well.

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 09:36 PM
As I said earlier Weis is a pro and he will do his very best. I have full faith in that and I am sure the Chiefs do as well.

Do his very best recruiting, or preparing for the Jets/Ravens, or both?

pr_capone
How do you expect a coordinator level position at UF to be kept quiet? How many people are you expecting to be executed in order to maintain the needless silence?

Easy... it's a OC spot. Had it been the HC position, then sure... no way to keep that shit quiet. You think players are gonna go... oh, holy shit! Weis is coming to FL??? I better get on the bus right now to sign!!!!!

Fuck.

The recruiting season just starting is a bullshit response to this announcement. THIS is his job right now.... KC is what is most important right now. They are the ones writing his GD check and he should f'ing respect that. ESPECIALLY seeing what this team has accomplished so far.

TRR
Sorry to pile on, but this makes no sense.

To you. To most, neither did the statement Haley made to Bowe and DJ. I am of the belief that letting Weis go now could pay future dividends just like the two I mentioned above.
Posted via Mobile Device

FRCDFED
He obviously doesn't want another NFL job.
True....no way any team hires him after this stunt! I have to believe that Haley wanted him gone anyway since they agreed to allow him to talk to college coaches. Classy act for FSU to ask for permission even though it doesn't appear that it is necessary. I hope we get a better play caller like McDouche. Haley should hire him and make him run gassers for a week for his cheating then call it even!:thumb:

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Do his very best recruiting, or preparing for the Jets/Ravens, or both?

Preparing for our playoff opponents.

milkman
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

There's a big difference an assistent coach taking another job and the players keeping focus.

The message you send to the players if you fire Weis is that you would rather weaken your team than give them the best chance to win.

There's a difference between the kind of focus Haley is asking from his players and a guy looking out for his future.

DaKCMan AP
True....no way any team hires him after this stunt! I have to believe that Haley wanted him gone anyway since they agreed to allow him to talk to college coaches. Classy act for FSU to ask for permission even though it doesn't appear that it is necessary. I hope we get a better play caller like McDouche. Haley should hire him and make him run gassers for a week for his cheating then call it even!:thumb:

It's UF, not that garbage non-classy school out west that goes by FSU.

BigMeatballDave
Don't let the door hit you in the ass fucker! Next time show a little class and wait until the season is over! I hope you never get an NFL position again! Can his ass now!JFC If it was this big of a deal, why did Pioli allow Florida to communicate with Weis? Not sure why you and others are getting so bent outta shape over it.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Easy... it's a OC spot. Had it been the HC position, then sure... no way to keep that shit quiet. You think players are gonna go... oh, holy shit! Weis is coming to FL??? I better get on the bus right now to sign!!!!!

The recruiting season just starting is a bullshit response to this announcement. THIS is his job right now.... KC is what is most important right now. They are the ones writing his GD check and he should f'ing respect that. ESPECIALLY seeing what this team has accomplished so far.

There was no way to keep this quiet. Besides, if the Chiefs felt that to be necessary, they'd have denied permission for the interview.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
It's UF, not that garbage non-classy school out west that goes by FSU.

Oh yes, the "Meyer School of Uber Classiness" is legendary.

:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
True....no way any team hires him after this stunt! :spock: How is this a stunt?

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Besides, if the Chiefs felt that to be necessary, they'd have denied permission for the interview.

Wonder if this will be one of the rare moments when Pioli addresses the media?

RustShack
I feel like Haley having the help from Weis during the playoffs is still better than Haley doing it by himself. I'm sure the players would like to stick with whats worked for them all year as well.

Its kind of like a star player playing a little nicked up. Even if hes not 100%, he still helps you win.

RINGLEADER
Don't let the door hit you in the ass ****er! Next time show a little class and wait until the season is over! I hope you never get an NFL position again! Can his ass now!

Like I've said a couple times, we are a young team on the rise with a lot of talent that will only get better next season. We'll run the same system I'm sure, and we won't have a problem getting a quality OC.

Near-term it sucks because it's a distraction and Weis (not wanting to appear to be disloyal) will put it out there that Haley or family or something other than his disloyalty was the reason he bailed and Haley will put it out there that he was already calling plays to diminish the sense that Weis' departure is all that important.

Short-term, it sucks, but who knows what kind of impact it will have or how much of a "surprise" it really is to the team.

Long-term, I think we're fine.

BigMeatballDave
In this age of tweets and texts, its near impossible to keep this shit quiet.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
True....no way any team hires him after this stunt...

:spock:

Weis will be able to find a job as an NFL O.C. the day after any non-comp clauses in his contract expire, if he so chooses. Unless he craps the bed in Florida, the turnaround in K.C., following his run in New England, will allow him to go right to the front of the hiring line.

TRR
01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
There's a big difference an assistent coach taking another job and the players keeping focus.

The message you send to the players if you fire Weis is that you would rather weaken your team than give them the best chance to win.

There's a difference between the kind of focus Haley is asking from his players and a guy looking out for his future.

Disagree depending on how the message is delivered. I am of the opinion that Haley is more than capable of calling the O plays, and leading the team offensively just as Weis has. Letting Weis go now sends the message that...

(1) Haley practices what he preaches
(2) Believes in his ability, his players ability and the next man up strategy he talks about
(3) Clearly states he wants coaches and players that want to coach and play for the Chiefs.
(4) Will not tolerate distractions from coaches or players.

JMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Its kind of like a star player playing a little nicked up. Even if hes not 100%, he still helps you win.

Maybe not that much if he's already signed a deal to play for the Raiders in 2011.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Disagree depending on how the message is delivered. I am of the opinion that Haley is more than capable of calling the O plays, and leading the team offensively just as Weis has. Letting Weis go now sends the message that...

(2) Believes in his ability, his players ability and the next man up strategy he talks about
(3) Clearly states he wants coaches and players that want to coach and play for the Chiefs.

JMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2284/qftq.jpg

FRCDFED
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Like I've said a couple times, we are a young team on the rise with a lot of talent that will only get better next season. We'll run the same system I'm sure, and we won't have a problem getting a quality OC.

Near-term it sucks because it's a distraction and Weis (not wanting to appear to be disloyal) will put it out there that Haley or family or something other than his disloyalty was the reason he bailed and Haley will put it out there that he was already calling plays to diminish the sense that Weis' departure is all that important.

Short-term, it sucks, but who knows what kind of impact it will have or how much of a "surprise" it really is to the team.

Long-term, I think we're fine.
A great draft next season will take this team a long way. Assuming Cassell doesn't regress. As you said.....they will try to minimize the nature of the departure. Either way many on here have had issues with Weiss' play calling anyway.

Also thanks to others for correcting me on the UF versus the FSU. I had them mixed up!

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I really don't think this is nearly as big of a distraction as your making it out to be, and I think letting him go now would cause a bigger one. I'm sure some of the players love Weis, and respect what is best for him.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM
A great draft next season will take this team a long way. Assuming Cassell doesn't regress. As you said.....they will try to minimize the nature of the departure. Either way many on here have had issues with Weiss' play calling anyway.

Also thanks to others for correcting me on the UF versus the FSU. I had them mixed up!

It's highly unlikely that Cassel will only throw 5 INTs next year. And even if he has a season that isn't as good as this one, he'll still be an above average QB.

milkman
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM

JMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Calling the plays isn't the only responsibility of the OC.

He has to prepare the gameplan, which requires hours of film study.

The Chiefs have benefitted from Haley's energy on the sidelines this season, and I would rather see him continue to bring that energy to the sidelines in the playoffs, which he won't be able to do with the added responsibility of preparing that game plan.

I don't think the players are going to suddenly ignore the message because Weis has decided to take another job next year, and probably have a far better grasp of what is actually going on and what lead to this decision.

Chiefaholic
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I hope we win our first playoff game at Arrowhead. Then when/if we lose a playoff game on the road, I hope Haley announces to the team what a gutless turd Weis is on the flight home. Then Charlie has to sit with everybody he stabbed in the back the entire flight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I really don't think this is nearly as big of a distraction as your making it out to be, and I think letting him go now would cause a bigger one. I'm sure some of the players love Weis, and respect what is best for him.

THIS, QFT.

The people that act like this is somehow demoralizing to the team are being ridiculous. This isn't some fucking HS team; this is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

The key word being "professional". What, do you think Weis is going to turn over the playbook to Rex Ryan or something?!?!?

GMAFB( give me a fucking break )

RustShack
01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I hope we win our first playoff game at Arrowhead. Then when/if we lose a playoff game on the road, I hope Haley announces to the team what a gutless turd Weis is on the flight home. Then Charlie has to sit with everybody he stabbed in the back the entire flight.

I think I would rather them wish him luck in Florida on the flight home with a Lombardi trophy.

Al Bundy
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Adios Weiss. Enjoy U.F.AG

Extra Point
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
How much did they pay Weis, so far, for this season? If they keep his scheme, then it will be worth it. Maybe Haley needed the sounding board, and is confident that he can remember the adjustments, now that Weis is gone.

I just think you need a guy in the booth, and a good one at that.

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM

JMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Per Point 4, if the goal is to minimize distractions, then you should let the lame duck play out the string, and hopefully win a Super Bowl before jettisoning him. The only way I could see firing him immediately would be if he's been a distraction for other reasons and you want to create a circle-the-wagons, us-against-the-world environment for the playoff run. I doubt that Weis has been that much of a distraction.

On a good note, maybe this means fewer passes on third and one next year.

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I think I would rather them wish him luck in Florida on the flight home with a Lombardi trophy.

Living well is the best revenge.

FRCDFED
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
It's highly unlikely that Cassel will only throw 5 INTs next year. And even if he has a season that isn't as good as this one, he'll still be an above average QB.I wouldn't expect his TD/Int ratio to match this season. What I would like to see more of is Cassel progress to where the passing game can lead the team if needed. This might be attained with the acquisition of better receivers but Cassels yards per game could be improved.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 10:01 PM
How much did they pay Weis, so far, for this season? If they keep his scheme, then it will be worth it. Maybe Haley needed the sounding board, and is confident that he can remember the adjustments, now that Weis is gone.

I just think you need a guy in the booth, and a good one at that.

I don't think Pioli will allow Haley to call the plays circa 2009. And I think there will be a number of quality names available who will be drooling over the young talent on this team.

And I would laugh my azz off if we ended up with McDaniels.

FRCDFED
01-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't think Pioli will allow Haley to call the plays circa 2009. And I think there will be a number of quality names available who will be drooling over the young talent on this team.

And I would laugh my azz off if we ended up with McDaniels.This! Haley still needs to make him run gassers with the OL!:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 10:06 PM

Adults or not, Haley was had a profound impact on this team by instilling several key football values. I look at Weis leaving as another opportunity for Haley to make a statement. A statement like he made to Dwayne Bowe. A statement like he made to DJ. By letting Weis go immediately, he is saying one person, especially one not focused on the task at hand, is not more important than the team.

You say keep Weis...for what? The statement to me of letting Weis go is more powerful than keeping him on for a game or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would relieve Weis of his duties immediately upon confirmation that he has accepted the Florida job. It doesn't send a good message to the players or for the overall message of the organization.

If you don't want to be a coach or player for the KC Chiefs, then down the road you go ASAP.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Chiefs aren't winning the SB this year. Use this as a Randy Moss type message. If they win a playoff game without Weis, it builds confidence for next year. If they lose, nobody expected them to go far anyway.

Bottom line, what Haley is preaching to the team is completely opposite of what Weis is currently doing IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is some of the dumbest shit ever posted on this board.

HBKChiefs
01-01-2011, 10:17 PM
THIS, QFT.

The people that act like this is somehow demoralizing to the team are being ridiculous. This isn't some ****ing HS team; this is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

The key word being "professional". What, do you think Weis is going to turn over the playbook to Rex Ryan or something?!?!?

GMAFB( give me a ****ing break )

Good post. The players will be fine. They are excited about the playoffs. This will not be a distraction and I trust that Weis will do everything in his power to help our team win in the playoffs. I have no hard feelings for Weis. He's getting an opportunity to coach his son's team, what kind of father would say no to that? The timing is just a little unfortunate for the Chiefs but I really think it won't be a distraction or anything like that anyway. Go Chiefs!!!

Pushead2
01-01-2011, 10:28 PM
This is some of the dumbest shit ever posted on this board.

I agree......let him run his course & go from there.

Pushead2
01-01-2011, 10:29 PM
& to be honest I wouldn't mind McDaniels

BigRedChief
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
here's what I know....or at least what has been emailed to me....

From the same media source that orginally told me Weiss coming was a done deal:

Root cause is control. Weiss does call all the plays on Sundays but Haley can overrule him. Haley and Weiss worked together to put together the weekly game plan. Weiss wants full control and final say. It's not really about he wants to do differently or he wanted to go one direction and Haley another. He just wants control of the job he's responsible.

Same one that told me Crennel was a done deal:
Weiss is gone, Done deal. Pioli tried to patch things up but the relationship and trust is broken. The only reason he stays to the end of the year is not to be a distraction for the team. Haley is ticked off because he gave Weiss everything he wanted this year when he agreed to accept the job.

#1 candidate for 2011 is Nick Caserio. Have no idea who this guy is or his coaching history, But a Google search looks like he's from the Pioli tree.

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I envision Haley calling a team meeting. He comes in with a baseball bat, tapping it on concrete floor and occasionally doing slow-motion home run swings as he gives a speech about team loyalty. Then, as we walks through the rows of seated players and coaches, he holds the bat up, studying the wood grain and the Louisville slugger logo, and says, "There's one person in this room who's not loyal to the Chiefs. There's one person in this room who puts himself above the team. There's one person in this room who doesn't want to be a Chief." And then he pulls out a knife and slits Weis' throat from ear to ear.

Brock
01-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I envision Haley calling a team meeting. He comes in with a baseball bat, tapping it on concrete floor and occasionally doing slow-motion home run swings as he gives a speech about team loyalty. Then, as we walks through the rows of seated players and coaches, he holds the bat up, studying the wood grain and the Louisville slugger logo, and says, "There's one person in this room who's not loyal to the Chiefs. There's one person in this room who puts himself above the team. There's one person in this room who doesn't want to be a Chief." And then he pulls out a knife and slits Weis' throat from ear to ear.

That would have to be some knife.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM

Root cause is control. Weiss does call all the plays on Sundays but Haley can overrule him. Haley and Weiss worked together to put together the weekly game plan. Weiss wants full control and final say. It's not really about he wants to do differently or he wanted to go one direction and Haley another. He just wants control of the job he's responsible.

Weiss is gone, Done deal. Pioli tried to patch things up but the relationship and trust is broken. The only reason he stays to the end of the year is not to be a distraction for the team. Haley is ticked off because he gave Weiss everything he wanted this year when he agreed to accept the job.

#1 candidate for 2011 is Nick Caserio. Have no idea who this guy is or his coaching history, But a Google search looks like he's from the Pioli tree.

Thanks for the info. So this looks like Weis is the asshole not Haley.

Just looking at Caserio he is the director of player personnel with the Pats though he did serve as WR coach for one season. He doesn't look like a guy that would be OC.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Is there any head coach anywhere who can't overrule one of his coordinators in the course of a game? Still seems to me that there must be more to it than that.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I think if Caserio is our OC, Haley will be the one who calls the plays on gameday.

The Bad Guy
Interesting BRC. I don't think we talked to the same guy because early on the texts I was getting was that no way was it happening and later on it was "well that took a different turn".

Caserio was the Patriots WR's coach in 2007. He's currently the director of pro personel (Pioli's old job). I'd be shocked if he left that to get back into coaching.

Olson's not a candidate. He's the assistant HC in Tampa. Mike Miller isn't an option either considering the lackluster offense this year in Az.

Again, as long as Crennel stays, we should be fine.

Just Passin' By

Caserio is a front office guy. He's the Patriots Director of player personnel. He's had only limited experience as a titled coach, although he's spent a lot of time helping with the coaching on a daily basis. Either your source misunderstood what was being said about Caserio or the Chiefs are willing to take a gamble.

Here's his bio:

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32456

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Is there any head coach anywhere who can't overrule one of his coordinators in the course of a game? Still seems to me that there must be more to it than that.

I really believe that it has to do with Weis has never had to delegate to anyone with offense and he just doesn't think he can continue to do it.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2011, 10:39 PM

just from memory isn't he the young guy who was a WR in college then became a QB coach in the pros. It would be a in-house promotion if I remember correctly

RustShack
01-01-2011, 10:40 PM
just from memory isn't he the young guy who was a WR in college then became a QB coach in the pros. It would be a in-house promotion if I remember correctly

Nope.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Maybe it would be a coordinator in name only situation, and Haley would go back to calling plays during the game. Caserio (or someone else...) could handle the OC duties during the week to help with his coaching load.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 10:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Caserio

As far as I see... he only did one year of coaching. He was a QB in college.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I really believe that it has to do with Weis has never had to delegate to anyone with offense and he just doesn't think he can continue to do it.Another thought is that maybe Haley's been increasing his presence in terms of play calling as the season's gone on.

BigRedChief
01-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Just in the inbox.....

Weiss will be officially announced on Monday at Florida.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2011, 10:42 PM

If the head coach is calling 12-15 plays a game, which is what someone said Babb was claiming, he's stepping all over the O.C..

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 10:43 PM

Todd would get it done even if it took a while. I have confidence in Todd.

keg in kc
Just in the inbox.....

Weiss will be officially announced on Monday at Florida.Edel Weiss?

The Bad Guy
Another thought is that maybe Haley's been increasing his presence in terms of play calling as the season's gone on.

That very well could be. I just think it's a case of 2 alpha males not being able to let their guard down.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
That very well could be. I just think it's a case of 2 alpha males not being able to let their guard down.Gailey all over again, just took 21 weeks instead of 4.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm throwing this name out for being an O.C candidate, Freddie Kitchens. He's currently the TE Coach for the Cardinals, but he was with the Cowboys in '06(Haley's last year in Dallas) and came to AZ in 2007(Haley's first year in AZ).

Quick Google Search also mentions that he was a QB for 'Bama in the 90's.

pr_capone

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/Electric-Knife-EK501-.jpg

RINGLEADER
I really believe that it has to do with Weis has never had to delegate to anyone with offense and he just doesn't think he can continue to do it.

Corso seems to agree with you -- he thinks it's a terrible idea for a first-year head coach to hire someone who doesn't want to answer to anyone...

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5977381"/></object>

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Wrong sport, but seemed appropriate given your post...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-sV-O2-jCY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-sV-O2-jCY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Don't click on it if you don't like a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm throwing this name out for being an O.C candidate, Freddie Kitchens. He's currently the TE Coach for the Cardinals, but he was with the Cowboys in '06(Haley's last year in Dallas) and came to AZ in 2007(Haley's first year in AZ).

Quick Google Search also mentions that he was a QB for 'Bama in the 90's.

TBG, what do you think about that being a possibility?

mikey23545
01-01-2011, 10:56 PM

I got no problem with this.

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm over it. That fat **** will likely leave UF mid year to go be the HC for a CFL team because he won't get along with Muschamp.

*edit because I forgot Meyer was gone.

-King-
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm over it. That fat fuck will likely leave UF mid year to go be the HC for a CFL team because he won't get along with Meyer.

Meyer is no longer the coach for UF.

HBKChiefs
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm over it. That fat **** will likely leave UF mid year to go be the HC for a CFL team because he won't get along with Meyer.

Meyer? Muschamp will be their hc next season...

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Meyer? Muschamp will be their hc next season...

Ack... forgot Meyer is gone.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 11:07 PM
TBG, what do you think about that being a possibility?

I really know very little about him.

I don't think it's going to be someone who was connected to Haley in Arizona.

I think it's going to be someone more connected with the Pioli/Parcells tree than anything.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I really know very little about him.

I don't think it's going to be someone who was connected to Haley in Arizona.

I think it's going to be someone more connected with the Pioli/Parcells tree than anything.

So chances are that whoever the next OC is will be a current or former assistant during the time Pioli was in NE?

booger
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/curtis-johnson/172c89cf-af31-4f96-9cbf-82d8fdb3b73e

This guy seems like a Haley kind of guy from his bio

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/joe-lombardi/6ea20688-c6f3-4149-b2ea-e092d93305b0

Vince Lombardi's grandson.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
So chances are that whoever the next OC is will be a current or former assistant during the time Pioli was in NE?

Or someone who was with Parcells.

All of the offensive staff were with Parcells at one point, except for Parmalee.

Muir, Carthon, Richie Anderson...

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Or someone who was with Parcells.

All of the offensive staff were with Parcells at one point, except for Parmalee.

Muir, Carthon, Richie Anderson...

Kitchens would fit that profile. He was the TE coach in Dallas in '06, Parcells last year in Dallas.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Mike Miller wasn't an assistant under Parcells, BTW.

jjchieffan
01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Brian Daboll, OC for the Browns was mentioned as a possibility on foxsports.com. He was a wr coach in NE for 2 years under Weis

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 11:48 PM

my soap opera version was pretty close

and interesting about Nick Caserio....super left field

Dante84
01-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Nick Caserio Links:

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32456

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Caserio

FAX
01-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Weis is officially a rat turd.

Not one of those well-formed, roundish rat turds, either. He's one of those viscous, slimy, squishy rat turds of gloopy, glutinous mucous that even diseased rats despise. As if he didn't realize that he was going to work for an offensive-minded, micro-managing, hard-working head coach who would rather win football games than soothe his assistants' over-inflated egos. Weis would do well to remember that he got his bloated, ugly ass fired from ND and Haley gave him a full day off so he could have his gall bladder surgery, the thankless, fat bastard.

Take full control of an oncoming semi full of radioactive waste, you ungrateful, unappreciative, classless whale.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
01-02-2011, 01:03 AM

Not one of those well-formed, roundish rat turds, either. He's one of those viscous, slimy, squishy rat turds of gloopy, glutinous mucous that even diseased rats despise. As if he didn't realize that he was going to work for an offensive-minded, micro-managing, hard-working head coach who would rather win football games than soothe his assistants' over-inflated egos. Weis would do well to remember that he got his bloated, ugly ass fired from ND and Haley gave him a full day off so he could have his gall bladder surgery, the thankless, fat bastard.

Take full control of an oncoming semi full of radioactive waste, you ungrateful, unappreciative, classless whale.

FAX

I really wish you wouldn't beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel! Lolz.

EPodolak
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM

FAX

It's occurred to me that it's been a real long time since the Chiefs lost a top staff person that anyone was upset to see go.

Short Leash Hootie
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM
I disagree with TBG...

I'd bet Haley is calling plays next year.

Pawnmower
01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
It's occurred to me that it's been a real long time since the Chiefs lost a top staff person that anyone was upset to see go.

I am getting more and more pissed......wtf

Why now? This is just so weird......Weiss was a big part of NE's 3 SB bowls wasn't he?

I don't know why people are thinking it will just be so easy to replace him but I hope they are correct...

Just sucks to break up the mojo right now...

ChiefsNow
01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
With all the coaching openings, I hope we don't lose Crennel too. I was worried about that early in the season that we do so well that we lose both coordinators.

milkman
01-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Interesting BRC. I don't think we talked to the same guy because early on the texts I was getting was that no way was it happening and later on it was "well that took a different turn".

Caserio was the Patriots WR's coach in 2007. He's currently the director of pro personel (Pioli's old job). I'd be shocked if he left that to get back into coaching.

Olson's not a candidate. He's the assistant HC in Tampa. Mike Miller isn't an option either considering the lackluster offense this year in Az.

Again, as long as Crennel stays, we should be fine.

Actually, Cesario was Director of Player Personnel under Pioli, and he remained in that position after Pioli Left, and Floyd Reese was brought in to essentially replace Pioli, though he wasn't given the same title of Vice President, Player Personnel.

milkman
01-02-2011, 05:52 AM
With all the coaching openings, I hope we don't lose Crennel too. I was worried about that early in the season that we do so well that we lose both coordinators.

I'm hoping that Crennel lasts another two seasons at the least while he grooms his replacement, which I believe will eventually be Anthony Pleasant.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the info. So this looks like Weis is the asshole not Haley.
how do you figure?

Haley hire weis as a OC but then didn't let him do the job completely.

Haley couldn't keep his nose out of the offense

Fritz88
01-02-2011, 05:55 AM

FAX

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Fritz88
01-02-2011, 05:58 AM
I am getting more and more pissed......wtf

Why now? This is just so weird......Weiss was a big part of NE's 3 SB bowls wasn't he?

I don't know why people are thinking it will just be so easy to replace him but I hope they are correct...

Just sucks to break up the mojo right now...

Many here are downplaying his departure. I honestly think that Haley without Romeo and Weis would not be able to do much.

RINGLEADER
01-02-2011, 06:05 AM
how do you figure?

You have no evidence of this -- but if this is the case then we're only losing half a coordinator...Hoo-RAH!

RINGLEADER
01-02-2011, 06:05 AM

FAX

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:12 AM
how do you figure?

JFC, you are a fucking idiot.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 06:25 AM
JFC, you are a ****ing idiot.
suck a horse dick, you moron ... every time you breathe the earth is a lesser place.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 06:27 AM
You have no evidence of this -- but if this is the case then we're only losing half a coordinator...Hoo-RAH!
we don't have proof of anything ... not even that Weis is really leaving.

'Root cause is control. Weiss does call all the plays on Sundays but Haley can overrule him. Haley and Weiss worked together to put together the weekly game plan. Weiss wants full control and final say. It's not really about he wants to do differently or he wanted to go one direction and Haley another. He just wants control of the job he's responsible.'

CupidStunt
01-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Weis can't handle authority. It's as simple as that. It's a classic case of a power-hungry former HC who wants it to me about me, me, me.

Along with his son being there, Florida presents the fat bastard with a position of full control, a n00b HC who isn't going to get in his grill, which ironically allows Weis to leave the office earlier and get his 30oz steaks on the grill at home.

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:43 AM
suck a horse dick, you moron ... every time you breathe the earth is a lesser place.

I'm not the stupid motherfucker that doesn't understand that Todd Haley is the boss, and that Weis is too stupid to recognoze that as the boss, Todd Haley has the right to dip his fingers into any and every aspect of the team.

Your whining about Haley is a fucking joke, and it's just another indication of your total cluelessness.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 06:47 AM
how do you figure?

Why should he keep his nose out of the offense?

Do you think Belichick kept his nose out of the defense when he took over New England in 2001?

Haley is an offensive guy, and he wanted say in the offense that he was the head coach of. The fucking nerve of him.

Keep beating the drum Laz, you might get one moron to side with you.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm not the stupid mother****er that doesn't understand that Todd Haley is the boss, and that Weis is too stupid to recognoze that as the boss, Todd Haley has the right to dip his fingers into any and every aspect of the team.

Your whining about Haley is a ****ing joke, and it's just another indication of your total cluelessness.

Just reading Laz's posts over the years, I can get the keen sense that he's definitely someone you want to employ because he'd buy into all company policies.

Al Bundy
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Weiss has turned you against each other.

michaelj_58
01-02-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't like it and I want to hear it from the horses mouth!!!!!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2011, 07:05 AM
So, what are the odds that even if we score 30 points in our first playoff game and lose that all of the blame will be put on Weis by the fans?

-25000?

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:08 AM
So, what are the odds that even if we score 30 points in our first playoff game and lose that all of the blame will be put on Weis by the fans?

-25000?

TRR pushes those odds to -35000.

dirk digler
01-02-2011, 07:11 AM
how do you figure?

From just reading BRC's sources it appears the Chiefs met all of Weis's demands prior to hiring him and he took the job. :shrug:

penchief
01-02-2011, 07:13 AM
we don't have proof of anything ... not even that Weis is really leaving.

'Root cause is control. Weiss does call all the plays on Sundays but Haley can overrule him. Haley and Weiss worked together to put together the weekly game plan. Weiss wants full control and final say. It's not really about he wants to do differently or he wanted to go one direction and Haley another. He just wants control of the job he's responsible.'

It seems that you don't understand the definition of Head Coach. The definition requires that he have control over all aspects of the team. Ultimately he is 'responsible' for the gameplan and, yes, even the playcalling. Any head coach worth his salt is going to have input on both the offense and defense. Do you think Belichick deferred completely to Weis?

Yet you seem content to project a scenario in which Haley is being unreasonable and driving away an effective coordinator. Maybe it has nothing to do with Haley. Maybe Weis is being unreasonable. Maybe Weis would just prefer to coach at the college level. Or maybe he wants to be a head coach again and knows it will never happen in the NFL.

Either way, I don't think there is any solid evidence that Haley drove Wies away. Seems like it's just an opportunity for Haley detractors to grind their axe. We should all be appreciating the outstanding job Haley has done as HEAD COACH of the chiefs instead of making up reasons to express our dislike for his methods.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2011, 07:16 AM
In some ways, I understand the vitriol, but I also think it's a bit foolish.

It's not like Pioli and Haley didn't know what Weis was like. One worked with him for 5 years, and the other shared a matchbox-sized office with him.

If you have a hard-headed bastard who also has a large ego, when you hire him, you can't be surprised that his hard-headedness and ego cause him to do something like this.

Example: if you date a slutty girl and she bangs some random dude, most of the blame is obviously on her. But if you knew she was a slut to begin with, you're a bit foolish for playing the part of the victim.

In some ways, this is analogous to bringing in a talented, but troubled player. If he helps your team, you are obviously happy, but if he ends up causing a shitstorm in the locker room, or bitching about the catering, some of that onus is on you for bringing him in.

You knew the risk.

Rudy lost the toss
01-02-2011, 07:17 AM

-25000?

Not if Cassel goes 0/1 for 0 yards in their last drive

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:19 AM

It's not like Pioli and Haley didn't know what Weis was like. One worked with him for 5 years, and the other shared a matchbox-sized office with him.

If you have a hard-headed bastard who also has a large ego, when you hire him, you can't be surprised that his hard-headedness and ego cause him to do something like this.

Example: if you date a slutty girl and she bangs some random dude, most of the blame is obviously on her. But if you knew she was a slut to begin with, you're a bit foolish for playing the part of the victim.

In some ways, this is analogous to bringing in a talented, but troubled player. If he helps your team, you are obviously happy, but if he ends up causing a shitstorm in the locker room, or bitching about the catering, some of that onus is on you for bringing him in.

You knew the risk.

I think the risk when all is said and done will be nil.

Cassel has made progress, the offense has been very good, and I think the year has been valuable for all ofensive players involved.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2011, 07:21 AM
I think the risk when all is said and done will be nil.

Cassel has made progress, the offense has been very good, and I think the year has been valuable for all ofensive players involved.

Which are all good points, and why some people need to take a fucking Valium.

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:23 AM

You knew the risk.

Sometimes the reward is worth the risk.

In this case, the risk was that Weis's ego coudln't accept that he was an underling and subject to the demands of the boss.

If the reason he is leaving is because he couldn't accept his role, then that is on him.

But at the end of the day, the reward proved to be worth the risk.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Just a possibility:

Ego stuff/emails aside, is it within the realm of possibility that Weis left because he actually wanted to work fewer hours, have more time off, and...be around his son?

Or is that insane?

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-02-2011, 07:30 AM

-25000?

It'll happen. Look at this place after the Houston game this year.

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Just a possibility:

Ego stuff/emails aside, is it within the realm of possibility that Weis left because he actually wanted to work fewer hours, have more time off, and...be around his son?

Or is that insane?

Depends on who you're asking.

But I'm not telling you something you don't already know.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 07:32 AM
It seems that you don't understand the definition of Head Coach. The definition requires that he have control over all aspects of the team. Ultimately he is 'responsible' for the gameplan and, yes, even the playcalling. Any head coach worth his salt is going to have input on both the offense and defense. Do you think Belichick deferred completely to Weis?

Yet you seem content to project a scenario in which Haley is being unreasonable and driving away an effective coordinator. Maybe it has nothing to do with Haley. Maybe Weis is being unreasonable. Maybe Weis would just prefer to coach at the college level. Or maybe he wants to be a head coach again and knows it will never happen in the NFL.

Either way, I don't think there is any solid evidence that Haley drove Wies away. Seems like it's just an opportunity for Haley detractors to grind their axe. We should all be appreciating the outstanding job Haley has done as HEAD COACH of the chiefs instead of making up reasons to express our dislike for his methods.
and it seems like you don't understand THE POINT

Haley has EVERY right to do whatever he wants with the team ... it's HIS team. But with all the history between Weis,Pioli,Haley there is no way they couldn't know the personalities involved.

Haley shouldn't of hired Weis in the first place if he wanted to 'keep his fingers' in the offensive pie.

Weis is an ex-head coach and i guy who has won super bowl as an OC. You don't hire a guy like that an expect him to SHARE the offense.

i'm not a Haley detractor but this Weis stuff is just stupid.

penchief
01-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Haley has EVERY right to do whatever he wants with the team ... it's HIS team. But with all the history between Weis,Pioli,Haley there is no way they couldn't know the personalities involved.

Haley shouldn't of hired Weis in the first place if he wanted to 'keep his fingers' in the offensive pie.

Weis is an ex-head coach and i guy who has won super bowl as an OC. You don't hire a guy like that an expect him to SHARE the offense.

And the point is that you don't know what the circumstances surrounding his hire were OR surrounding his decision to leave. It very well could be that Weis gave Haley and Pioli assurances that he would be content in KC. Maybe Weis is the problem. Have you considered that scenario?

You started out by implying that Haley's inability to keep his nose out of the offense was the problem. Now you are saying he should have known what he was getting into. At what point do you question Weis's integrity?

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Just a possibility:

Or is that insane?

Nope. It's all Todd Haley. That's the only explanation.

crazycoffey
01-02-2011, 07:42 AM
soooo, it's still just speculation at this point, right?

crazycoffey
01-02-2011, 07:44 AM
"According to a person familiar with the decision, a formal announcement will come Monday. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the decision had not been made public."

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:45 AM

No the point is, and always will be, that Haley is the boss.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 07:47 AM
And the point is that you don't know what the circumstances surrounding his hire were OR surrounding his decision to leave. It very well could be that Weis gave Haley and Pioli assurances that he would be content in KC. Maybe Weis is the problem. Have you considered that scenario?
of course, we will probably never know what happened but i'm just going by circumstantial evidence

Haley has already gone through 3 coordinators ... Haley fired Gailey right before the season because he wanted things on offense his way. You can still see Haley ranting and raving about offensive stuff virtually ever week on the sideline.

you really think that Weis told the chiefs that he didn't mind sharing the offense with Haley? Really?

which is more likely ... Weis suddenly changed his mind about control? Haley did to Weis the same thing he did to Gailey?

whatever, it's over and doesn't matter .... of course the fans of the chiefs are going to side with the guy that is still with the Chiefs.

*sigh* Haley is good, Weis is evil

Go Chiefs

Donger
01-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Haley is ticked off because he gave Weiss everything he wanted this year when he agreed to accept the job.

If this is accurate and Haley kept his word (whatever that was), I don't see how anyone could be miffed with Haley over this development.

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I want to know, just how stupid Weis would have to be to expect that Todd Haley, an offensive coach, would not put his nose into the offense?

Especially when you consider that he and Haley shared an office for a couple of seasons with the Giants.

He doesn't know the personality he's going to work for?

crazycoffey
01-02-2011, 07:51 AM
hello?

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:52 AM
of course, we will probably never know what happened but i'm just going by circumstantial evidence

Haley has already gone through 3 coordinators ... Haley fired Gailey right before the season because he wanted things on offense his way. You can still see Haley ranting and raving about offensive stuff virtually ever week on the sideline.

you really think that Weis told the chiefs that he didn't mind sharing the offense with Haley? Really?

which is more likely ... Weis suddenly changed his mind about control? Haley did to Weis the same thing he did to Gailey?

whatever, it's over and doesn't matter .... of course the fans of the chiefs are going to side with the guy that is still with the Chiefs.

Go Chiefs

There you go continuing to include Pendergast in there. Did you want to keep him? Did you not read that the Chiefs tried to hire Romeo year 1? I get it though, it does make your *weak* argument sound much better if you say he's gone through 3 coordinators in 2 years instead of 2.

It has nothing to do with the fact that Haley is still here, it has everything to do with chain of command and what Haley's expertise is in.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 07:52 AM
No the point is, and always will be, that Haley is the boss.
a boss that apparently too stupid to hire a guy that fits the situation

when you hire someone you need to look beyond the basics.

Does the guy run the type of offense you want?
can you get along with the guy?
is your working styles compatible?

whether it's signing players or hiring coaches, just running around and grabbing the most talent doesn't freaking work. You need to mesh the talent.

i guess our young head coach is still learning that.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:53 AM
I want to know, just how stupid Weis would have to be to expect that Todd Haley, an offensive coach, would not put his nose into the offense?

Especially when you consider that he and Haley shared an office for a couple of seasons with the Giants.

He doesn't know the personality he's going to work for?

Romeo Crennel never should expect Bill Belichick to have final say of the defense. {/Laz}

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:53 AM

whether it's signing players or hiring coaches, just running around and grabbing the most talent doesn't freaking work. You need to mesh the talent.

He's worked with Weis before. Their styles are obviously comparable, but it just didn't work.

Good fucking lord.

crazycoffey
01-02-2011, 07:57 AM
just confirmed, a source close to a person that really knows, but doesn't want to say who he is, told someone in the press, that rex ryan leaked this stupid story to the media in hopes of making the chiefs lose to the jets next week's playoff game....

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:06 AM

And you have no idea whether Haley recognized that there might be a problem with he and Weis getting along, but also recognized that Weis gave this team the best chance for success.

He took a risk in hopes that things could work out, and the result is an offense far better equiped to succeed moving forward.

So, at the end of the day, while the it didn't work out, the long term benefits were worth the risk.

penchief
01-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Go Chiefs

Your Todd Haley butthurt is strong.

Gailey was fired because Haley was intent on installing the offense that the chiefs are successfully employing now. That was a good move. The shortest distance between two points is always a straight line. One step backwards to take two steps forward. No big deal.

Haley never intended to remain OC. Only to install the offense and get the ball rolling until the OC position was filled with a like-minded coach, ala Weis. Do you really think that Weis was hired without a mutual understanding. So far, I haven't seen any evidence that Todd Haley is not a man of his word.

The whole point is that you are projecting your own speculation as a means of expressing your butthurt.

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Jason LaCanfora reporting that Weis' departure has little to do with his relationship with Todd Haley.

What the hell is wrong with that dumbass?

Agent V
01-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Jason LaCanfora reporting that Weis' departure has little to do with his relationship with Todd Haley.

What the hell is wrong with that dumbass?

LaCanfora? A lot of things.

notorious
01-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Bye!

Weis isn't a miracle worker, but he did a decent job.

Everyone in the league short of Belichick is replaceable. God forbid we might get someone better then Weis.

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:33 AM
LaCanfora? A lot of things.

Clearly, one of his problems is that he didn't check with Laz before reporting.

KChiefs1
01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Weis wants to go work with his son?

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
:facepalm:a boss that apparently too stupid to hire a guy that fits the situation

Agent V
01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Clearly, one of his problems is that he didn't check with Laz before reporting.

All sports reporters should check with the Planet before reporting.

FAX
01-02-2011, 08:44 AM

I hope and pray that you are merely baiting poor posters out of the waters of indecisiveness so you can scoop them up with the net of intellect then throw them on the bank of confusion to flip and flop and gasp futilely for their final breath of the air of rationality.

Haley could, in no way, be responsible for Weis' back-stabbing, traitorous behavior in this situation. Haley is the HC. He gets to make the rules. Weis knows full well the responsibilities of the HC and would be just as involved with his OC if the tables were turned ... if not moreso.

Besides, Haley has said that Weis agreed to serve as OC and that their working relationship was generally good. All this proves is that Weis is a terminally obese, whiny bitch who is demonstrating inexcusable ingratitude for the time he took off for gall bladder surgery and for which he was not docked any pay whatsoever.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Weis wants to go work with his son?Thats the word. I guess he was supposed to work for him at Texas, but since Muschamp was hired as HC in Florida, Weis' son decided to follow him there. In what capacity, I dont know.

Iowanian
01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Prediction for after the Raider Victory presser today.

"Coach, speculation is that Coach Weis is leaving the team for Florida"
"We only talk about the loyal guys who are out here on the field...we don't talk
about the wimps icing a butthurt down at the Florida Dunkin Doughnuts Spa"

The Chiefs offense has been improving all year...maybe Haley putting his .02 into the plan has been helpful.

It's also been obvious that Haley has done a much better job as a HC with someone else working the offense. Regardless of the situation, it looks to me like Weis has been helpful to Haley and KC.

Once he leaves, F him and I'll start making jokes about if he wasn't full of Bullshit, he'd look like Clay Aiken.

BigRedChief
01-02-2011, 09:01 AM
soooo, it's still just speculation at this point, right?No, Weis will be announced at Florida on Monday as the new OC. Florida has called a press conference for Monday. Subject not yet announced.

FringeNC
01-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Thats the word. I guess he was supposed to work for him at Texas, but since Muschamp was hired as HC in Florida, Weis' son decided to follow him there. In what capacity, I dont know.

I think he's kid has just graduated from high school, so there is no real capacity other than a student "manager". I guess Charlie wants to groom his son to become a coach.

scott free
01-02-2011, 09:16 AM
This is atleast the second time the guy has pledged that 'i'm here for good, this is all i wanna do now'.

He'll be the OC down there for a year & then announce that he's leaving to make fetish movies with Rex Ryan.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I think he's kid has just graduated from high school, so there is no real capacity other than a student "manager". I guess Charlie wants to groom his son to become a coach.
Pretty much. Not so much a job as it is an internship.

Frankie
01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe it would be a coordinator in name only situation, and Haley would go back to calling plays during the game.

I hope not. I like Haley, but I think he should be a head coach only. Sure, with his knowledge of the O he should overrule the OC every once in a while, but most of the offensive play calls should come from the OC. That's why I hope for an OC who's good and does not have a huge ego.

Frankie
01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Todd would get it done even if it took a while. I have confidence in Todd.

IN TODD WE TRUST!

blackdragon11
01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Todd just made it official at the post game conference

bevischief
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
I thought the game calling today would be proof enough that he was gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I thought the game calling today would be proof enough that he was gone.

His head was at the beach.

Rain Man
01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Weis on a phone call with a prospect on a key third down play early in the game. And then in the fourth quarter he was obviously letting a high school prospect call some of the plays.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Well it was confirmed it was all about family and not butthurt feelings

Frankie
01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Just a possibility:

Or is that insane?

No, it's not insane. But the timing is shady.

PunkinDrublic
01-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I have a hard time believing this wasn't distracting to the team this week. Fuck you Charlie you selfish prick!! Why is it so hard for you to wait until the season ends?

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Not about to go read through 1200 posts just to call you out by name... but you know who you are. "Oh, this won't be a distraction". BULLSHIT.

Weiss's head was in Florida today. I'd much rather they cut his ass right here and now go into next week with Haley calling the Offensive game. I hope they send his ass to the Canadian Arctic. I would expect the Inuit there can confuse him for a Walrus and carve his fat ass up for the blubber.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Not about to go read through 1200 posts just to call you out by name... but you know who you are. "Oh, this won't be a distraction". BULLSHIT.

Weiss's head was in Florida today. I'd much rather they cut his ass right here and now go into next week with Haley calling the Offensive game. I hope they send his ass to the Canadian Arctic. I would expect the Inuit there can confuse him for a Walrus and carve his fat ass up for the blubber.
Agreed. Don't go away mad Charlie, just go away.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
ROFL at those who think Weis leaving after the season is the reason why our O-line couldn't block for shit all day.

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
The problem I have with the perception that Weis' move was a distraction is the piss poor tackling by the defense.

I could see the offense struggling as a result of the distraction, but the terrible tackling?

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
ROFL at those who think Weis leaving after the season is the reason why our O-line couldn't block for shit all day.

The team was flat from the first snap. Cassel was pressured but either threw behind, over, or under his receivers all day.

You are a moran if you think that Weiss leaving didn't affect the team today. Play calling was atrocious all day long.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
The problem I have with the perception that Weis' move was a distraction is the piss poor tackling by the defense.

I could see the offense struggling as a result of the distraction, but the terrible tackling?

I'm only blaming him for the offensive playcalling... he had zip, zilch, nada to do with the D.

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm only blaming him for the offensive playcalling... he had zip, zilch, nada to do with the D.

The playcalling wasn't any different today than it has been most of the season.

The only difference, really, is that Thomas Jones has become more and more ineffective over the last 5 games, and it put the offense in some tough 3rd down situations that the O-Line couln't handle today.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
The playcalling wasn't any different today than it has been most of the season.

The only difference, really, is that Thomas Jones has become more and more ineffective over the last 5 games, and it put the offense in some tough 3rd down situations that the O-Line couln't handle today.

That is part of it though... TJ was ineffective so they kept running him for more 1 or 2 yard gains. If shit isn't working, it's time to improvise. It felt as if they were more concerned with trying to get TJ to 1k vs win the damn game.

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
That is part of it though... TJ was ineffective so they kept running him for more 1 or 2 yard gains. If shit isn't working, it's time to improvise. It felt as if they were more concerned with trying to get TJ to 1k vs win the damn game.

Which is an entirely different situation than any distraction caused by Weis' decision to take the Floida job.

I just thought the whole team played like a team that mailed it in, more because of the fact that the playoffs had been already clinched last week than any other distraction.

keg in kc
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
The only difference, really, is that Thomas Jones has become more and more ineffective over the last 5 games, and it put the offense in some tough 3rd down situations that the O-Line couln't handle today.He's single-handedly saved Charles' per carry average by getting most of the snaps where the o-line decides to let the run defense into the backfield.

Fruit Ninja
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Defensive gave up alot of rushing yards, but the only really gave up 2 touch down drives. 2 of them were freebee's i think the Defense played fairly well most of the time. At least in the first half, 2nd half everyone just mailed it in.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Which is an entirely different situation than any distraction caused by Weis' decision to take the Floida job.

I just thought the whole team played like a team that mailed it in, more because of the fact that the playoffs had been already clinched last week than any other distraction.This is pretty much how I felt.

milkman
01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
He's single-handedly saved Charles' per carry average by getting most of the snaps where the o-line decides to let the run defense into the backfield.

I'm not a stat guy, but I can almost gaurantee you that if you take out Charles 3 long carries, he still averaged close to 2 ypc better than Jones on every other carry.

BigRedChief
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
That is part of it though... TJ was ineffective so they kept running him for more 1 or 2 yard gains. If shit isn't working, it's time to improvise. It felt as if they were more concerned with trying to get TJ to 1k vs win the damn game.I kept saying that in our group of fans also. I wonder what Thomas Jones YPC is the last 6 games? 1 yard, 2 yards?

Playoffs are no time to save Charles, its time to unleash him.

siberian khatru
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I kept saying that in our group of fans also. I wonder what Thomas Jones YPC is the last 6 games? 1 yard, 2 yards?

The last 4 games:

58 carries for 131 yards = 2.26 ypc

RedThat
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I kept saying that in our group of fans also. I wonder what Thomas Jones YPC is the last 6 games? 1 yard, 2 yards?

I agree. No more runs up the middle for Thomas Jones. I don't want to see that anymore.

siberian khatru
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I went last 4, because that's when the dropoff really began.

Three previous games, he was 46 for 192 = 4.2 ypc.