PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Weiss to the Gators in 2011 (confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

BigRedChief
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
The last 4 games:

58 carries for 131 yards = 2.26 ypcthere ya go.

Unleash Charles for 25-30 carries, mostly to the outside and corner and we will win this game.

Coach
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
The last 4 games:

58 carries for 131 yards = 2.26 ypc

Which means KC might have to start thinking about finding another RB that can move the pile, instead of TJ.

Of course, on the other hand, it's not TJ's fault that the coaching staff is calling a sweep play when he's on the field. That's on the coaching staff. Under no circumstances should TJ be doing a sweep play.

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Which means KC might have to start thinking about finding another RB that can move the pile, instead of TJ.

Of course, on the other hand, it's not TJ's fault that the coaching staff is calling a sweep play when he's on the field. That's on the coaching staff. Under no circumstances should TJ be doing a sweep play.

At the same time, he no longer has a burst to the hole in the middle.

This isn't just a problem with sweeps.

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Jones today: 1.7 ypc.

RedThat
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM

True. He lacks the speed.

what also has me concerned is the way they used him today. Part of the reason he doesn't get much yards is because they always try to power him up the middle a lot of times in Wiegman and Lilja's direction. And thats the weakness of our team right there.

Of course, its not all his fault. Its Wiegman and Lilja as well. They're not physically powerful interior lineman who will overpower other defensive lineman.

If we are going to use him for straight up power runs, why not go into the direction of Waters and Albert? Work according to the teams strengths and not weaknesses. Thats on the coaching staff right there imo.

Coach
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Jones today: 1.7 ypc.

I understand that, but there were alot of playcalling that was terrible. I know I seen at least one or two sweeps for TJ that both of them resulted negative yardage.

Off-tackle plays have been hit and miss. Running up behind the center/guard's ass is the better playcall for him.

But I do agree with you that TJ is declining and he has lost the burst.

Coach
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
True. He lacks the speed.

what also has me concerned is the way they used him today. Part of the reason he doesn't get much yards is because they always try to power him up the middle a lot of times in Wiegman and Lilja's direction. And thats the weakness of our team right there.

Of course, its not all his fault. Its Wiegman and Lilja as well. They're not physically powerful interior lineman who will overpower other defensive lineman.

If we are going to use him for straight up power runs, why not go into the direction of Waters and Albert? Work according to the teams strengths and not weaknesses. Thats on the coaching staff right there imo.

Which makes me a bit concerned that Baltimore's D-line is very strong, namely Haloti Ngata. I fear that Wiegmann and either Waters or Lilja will get destroyed at the point of attack by Ngata.

Frankie
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I just thought the whole team played like a team that mailed it in, more because of the fact that the playoffs had been already clinched last week than any other distraction.

Hopefully we can chalk that up to youth and inexperience. New England had less incentive to win today than KC. But they went on a feeding frenzy like sharks on a tail-less seal.

Frankie
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
He's single-handedly saved Charles' per carry average by getting most of the snaps where the o-line decides to let the run defense into the backfield.

ROFL

Frankie
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Defensive gave up alot of rushing yards, but the only really gave up 2 touch down drives.

That would have been enough, unfortunately.

Frankie
01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
The last 4 games:

58 carries for 131 yards = 2.26 ypc

OUCH! My my my Delilah.

RedThat
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Which makes me a bit concerned that Baltimore's D-line is very strong, namely Haloti Ngata. I fear that Wiegmann and either Waters or Lilja will get destroyed at the point of attack by Ngata.

I think thats bound to happen.

However, I think the Chiefs can work around that. This is where Im hoping the gameplanning and playcalling will payoff. Imo, they could dodge that, and mask that area of weakness. BRC said it best, its time to unleash Charles, and use him in space where he is really effective. He has the elusiveness and can cutback against a slower Ray Lewis. Plus, add to that, Wiegman and Lilja are good if we use them properly. They excel in space. Im hoping to see more toss plays and sweeps to the outside with Charles where I think he can be most effective.

*If we are going to win this game, he is the key. If they go with Jones up the middle, their dead. Plain and simple.

gman1220
01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
i hope macdaniels cums it would make next season so much more interestin chu know what i meen