PDA

View Full Version : Life My Resolution

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I've never been big into the whole New Years resolution thing. But, I've got a couple issues I've tried to ignore for years. That's not working. So, now, for the first time ever.. I have a couple resolutions, and I'm very serious about them. Sometimes... you just know you've gotta change some things.

I drink a lot. I drink because I'm fat... and I'm fat because I drink. It's embarrassing as hell to say that, but it is what it is. I feel like the main thing that will help me fix this... is being held accountable. I don't really drink at all when I'm in a relationship... but it's been a long time since I was.

I've told my mom, my brother, and my best friend about this plan of mine. And now I guess I'm telling all of Chiefsplanet. It's some pretty raw shit to put out there, and I expect to take my lumps... but I feel like it'll help... in some way.

I'm gonna fix this shit. Watch me.

Count Zarth
01-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Change the title to "New Years Resolutions," so everyone can post one!

Congrats on deciding to get fit.

Stop drinking alcohol and soda and watch the pounds melt off.

Ugly Duck
01-01-2011, 12:05 AM
My resolution is rack up enough good behavior points to get my name off the warden's list.

stevieray
01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
:toast:

err..wait a minute...

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Good luck, dude. I've struggled all my life with my weight.

We'll be cheering for you, KcMizzou

KC Tattoo
01-01-2011, 12:07 AM
My nyr, to hate Broncos and Raiders even more than I do now. It wont be easy but with work and dedication I should make this a better year for hating Bronco and Raiders.

Frazod
01-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I resolve to be more passionate about sports and assertive in my dealings with people on the BB. I've decided that I'm too calm and even-tempered.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I tried resolutions last year. Didn't do any of them, and here I am a year later needing to do exactly the same stuff.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I've never been big into the whole New Years resolution thing. But, I've got a couple issues I've tried to ignore for years. That's not working. So, now, for the first time ever.. I have a couple resolutions, and I'm very serious about them. Sometimes... you just know you've gotta change some things.

I drink a lot. I drink because I'm fat... and I'm fat because I drink. It's embarrassing as hell to say that, but it is what it is. I feel like the main thing that will help me fix this... is being held accountable. I don't really drink at all when I'm in a relationship... but it's been a long time since I was.

I've told my mom, my brother, and my best friend about this plan of mine. And now I guess I'm telling all of Chiefsplanet. It's some pretty raw shit to put out there, and I expect to take my lumps... but I feel like it'll help... in some way.

Nice. And I know your boss, so I can have him watch your ass at work (the soda/junk food angle, not the booze, even tho I know all those bastards drink, lol).

It's good to have goals.

KurtCobain
01-01-2011, 12:09 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239385

Bowser
01-01-2011, 12:10 AM
I resolve to be more passionate about sports and assertive in my dealings with people on the BB. I've decided that I'm too calm and even-tempered.

Time for me to get back to work on finishing that fallout shelter.

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:11 AM

Stop drinking alcohol and soda and watch the pounds melt off.What you've done is an inspiration... seriously.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
I resolve to be more passionate about sports and assertive in my dealings with people on the BB. I've decided that I'm too calm and even-tempered.:LOL:

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Fat and drunk? The hell you say, the next thing you'll tell us you're bald with a goatee.

Oh, and good luck!

Count Zarth
01-01-2011, 12:20 AM
What you've done is an inspiration... seriously.

2010 was a banner year for my cock!

Bowser
01-01-2011, 12:23 AM
I hate the word "resolution", and the whole idea, because it's just so easy to set yourself up to fail. Yet, you've got to start somewhere. I've got much the same resolution as you, KcM. The last year and a half or so, I worked my ass off and dropped upwards of 80 lbs. The last few months, the wheels fell off, and I feel myself slipping quickly to the old habits. So, you and me. Let's kick the old habits and better ourselves through better living. What do you say?

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:23 AM
2010 was a banner year for my cock!LMAO

Hey, if I get my shit together 2011 might be the same for mine. ;)

Norman Einstein
01-01-2011, 12:24 AM
2010 was a banner year for my cock!

So you have been choking your chicken on a regular basis, both left and right?

LiveSteam
01-01-2011, 12:24 AM

Good luck, get after it & stay with it.
I have had two very huge friends, & in the last year or so. They trade the booze for mountain bikes. Both are now in tip top shape. In remarkable time I might add. Bugs rides every now & then with one of them.

Gonzo
01-01-2011, 12:25 AM

Stop drinking alcohol and soda and watch the pounds melt off.

This.
For me, April of 2010 - 240 lbs.
Oct. 2010 - 198
Now - 194.
I used to drink beer every other night. As soon as I quit, the weight flew off.

Good luck man!
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I hate the word "resolution", and the whole idea, because it's just so easy to set yourself up to fail. Yet, you've got to start somewhere. I've got much the same resolution as you, KcM. The last year and a half or so, I worked my ass off and dropped upwards of 80 lbs. The last few months, the wheels fell off, and I feel myself slipping quickly to the old habits. So, you and me. Let's kick the old habits and better ourselves through better living. What do you say?I'm in, man. I some odd way, I've always felt like you and I were.. similar? kindred spirits? Maybe it's just that we have the same sense of humor, and taste in music. I gotta be honest though... a lot of the time, I picture you as Kevin James. :D

Bowser
01-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm in, man. I some odd way, I've always felt like you and I were.. similar? kindred spirits? Maybe it's just that we have the same sense of humor, and taste in music. I gotta be honest though... a lot of the time, I picture you as Kevin James. :D

Swear on my soul - I can't tell you how many times when I was still delivering for UPS that I'd have someone(s) ask me "Have you ever seen King of Queens? Because you look JUST LIKE Doug Heffernen...." I'd always tell them that no I haven't, but I got a free Leah Remini for dressing up like this. :D

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Swear on my soul - I can't tell you how many times when I was still delivering for UPS that I'd have someone(s) ask me "Have you ever seen King of Queens? Because you look JUST LIKE Doug Heffernen...." I'd always tell them that no I haven't, but I got a free Leah Remini for dressing up like this. :D:thumb: Well played.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2011, 12:39 AM
My new years resolution is to become the OC of the Chiefs, where do i send my resume? I promise if i get the job they will literally have to have security remove me to get me to leave. I've got plans for this offense.

JOhn
01-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Fat and drunk? The hell you say, the next thing you'll tell us you're bald with a goatee.

Oh, and good luck!

:spock:

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 12:46 AM
:spock:I don't plan on losing the bald/goatee thing. Hell, I wouldn't fit in at the CP Bash if I did that.

JOhn
01-01-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't plan on losing the bald/goatee thing. Hell, I wouldn't fit in at the CP Bash if I did that.

:thumb:

Same here now...shaved the head last week

luv
01-01-2011, 01:27 AM
I hate the word "resolution", and the whole idea, because it's just so easy to set yourself up to fail. Yet, you've got to start somewhere. I've got much the same resolution as you, KcM. The last year and a half or so, I worked my ass off and dropped upwards of 80 lbs. The last few months, the wheels fell off, and I feel myself slipping quickly to the old habits. So, you and me. Let's kick the old habits and better ourselves through better living. What do you say?

Care to make it a threesome?

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Care to make it a threesome?You're in if my opinion counts. You, of all people, know how much this has been bugging me.

luv
01-01-2011, 01:32 AM
You're in if my opinion counts. You, of all people, know how much this has been bugging me.

We'll see who looks the best by the bash next season. :)

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 01:34 AM
We'll see who looks the best by the bash next season. :)Sounds like a challenge.

Let's not start 'till after the Chiefs finish their playoff run...lol

luv
01-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a challenge.

Let's not start 'till after the Chiefs finish their playoff run...lol

Oh hell no. I've got at least two more tailgates to get through. :D

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Oh hell no. I've got at least two more tailgates to get through. :D
:thumb:

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Care to make it a threesome?

Teh more hte merrier......

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:52 AM
THE, dammit.

luv
01-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Teh more hte merrier......

Up past your bedtime?

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Up past your bedtime?Don't be talkin' shit to The King of Queens. He will F you right the hell up.

luv
01-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Don't be talkin' shit to The King of Queens. He will F you right the hell up.

I've heard he knows how to handle packages.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Up past your bedtime?Yes.

I've heard he knows how to handle packages.

And yes.

Whoa wait what

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes.

And yes.

Whoa wait whatROFL

luv
01-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Yes.

And yes.

Whoa wait what

;)

:p

big nasty kcnut
01-01-2011, 03:09 AM
KCmizzou i have one more thing you can change stop being a mizzou fan will make you look sexier to the ladies lol

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 03:16 AM
KCmizzou i have one more thing you can change stop being a mizzou fan will make you look sexier to the ladies lolHehe, thanks 'nut, but that's one thing I'll take to the grave.

teedubya
01-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Dude, just drink a glass of red wine at night... it's relatively healthy for you, and like 15 calories or something. Plus it has resveratrol in it... I just started doing it, and its full of win.

Infidel Goat
01-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Dude, just drink a glass of red wine at night... it's relatively healthy for you, and like 15 calories or something. Plus it has resveratrol in it... I just started doing it, and its full of win.

More like 100 calories which is essentially the same as most light beers.

Way to sabatoge our friends...

Over-Head
01-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Starting the combo patch gum pack tomorrow (none here on the island have to go to town for it) and cigarettes are a thing of my past.
--Negativity is being kept in check this year
-Spend even more time with my wife and son

Over-Head
01-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Care to make it a threesome? trying soooo hard to behave right now :evil:

Over-Head
01-01-2011, 07:41 AM
This.
For me, April of 2010 - 240 lbs.
Oct. 2010 - 198
Now - 194.
I used to drink beer every other night. As soon as I quit, the weight flew off.

Good luck man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Jan 2010 - 235
March 2010 -225lbs
Aug 2010 -193
Jan 1 2011 - 209

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2011, 08:21 AM

I wasn't going to post for awhile, but you just drew me out. I fuckin' love you, man. (no homo) Nobody really ever fucked with me for it, and i'll wager you'll find nothing but support as well. We've talked about this stuff before. You know I'm here for you in any capacity you need. Hit me up anytime brother. One day at a time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
I wish you the best. I need to get back in shape, too. The last year and a half has been really busy for me at work, and I've used that as an excuse to slack off.

I want to accomplish the following things this year:

1) Run a 10k
2) Get my handicap into single digits
3) Get down to about 185

POND_OF_RED
01-01-2011, 08:33 AM
1) quit smoking cancer sticks
2) ration my weed better
3) fuck more bitches

Extra Point
01-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Just want to get more stuff done.

LaChapelle
01-01-2011, 08:36 AM
New Years resolutions really come at a bad time
mid-winter is no time to try and get your mind off something invasive
to much free time to fail

Fairplay
01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
We'll see who looks the best by the bash next season. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKyW2FRoVFw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKyW2FRoVFw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Floppy,

My wife has the entire Couch-5k program, so I'm aware of it. I started getting back to the gym about a month ago, and can run two miles without it taking too much out of me. Soon I'm going to up it to three.

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 08:54 AM
New Years resolutions really come at a bad time
mid-winter is no time to try and get your mind off something invasive
to much free time to failTrue. This is something that's been eating at me for a long time though... like a couple years. It's more about "this is as good a time as any" than an actual new years resolution.

bevischief
01-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Jan 2010 - 235
March 2010 -225lbs
Aug 2010 -193
Jan 1 2011 - 209

That was me a few years ago, was around 240, now around 200.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2011, 09:54 AM

You can dooooo it!

cabletech94
01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
You can dooooo it!

cut his frikkkkin head offfff!:LOL:

mnchiefsguy
01-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Best of luck on your resolution KcMizzou. It is never easy to take the first step, but once you do, you will find the momentum of success on your side!

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Add another, guys?

Between the still-broken foot and the Chiefs being in the playoffs, I'm not able to start immediately, but I'm pretty serious about losing some weight and getting back to my old self.

stevieray
01-01-2011, 10:59 AM
brandon, you can do this..and when you're comfortable, i'll come pick you up and we'll go out...I'm a great wingman.

btw, bowser blew me away at the bash...he lost what looked like a whole person.

:hail:

good luck guys...!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Add another, guys?

Between the still-broken foot and the Chiefs being in the playoffs, I'm not able to start immediately, but I'm pretty serious about losing some weight and getting back to my old self.

In the last year haven't you fucked up your wrist, blown out your knee and broken your foot?

Are you Brodie Croyle?

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
In the last year haven't you fucked up your wrist, blown out your knee and broken your foot?

Are you Brodie Croyle?

The wrist was Fall 08. I've re-aggravated it a few times since.

But yeah, this year has been a bitch physically.

Left knee, broken left foot, right foot plantar fascitiis and right foot achilles tendonitis. (I'm sure the spelling there is butchered.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 11:28 AM

Left knee, broken left foot, right foot plantar fascitiis and right foot achilles tendonitis. (I'm sure the spelling there is butchered.)

Damn, dude.

I've been active most of my life, and I've been pretty lucky. Never had anything other than a broken finger and some slight knee irritation.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Damn, dude.

I've been active most of my life, and I've been pretty lucky. Never had anything other than a broken finger and some slight knee irritation.

Me too, until this year.

I played little league baseball, football and hockey from age 7 through high school. Had a bunch of concussions some broken fingers and a broken collarbone - and that's it.

I think the wear and tear is just catching up to me, and a few flukes this year with the knee and foot.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Fixed your username.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Fixed your username.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 11:35 AM
This talk of concussions brings up the fact that, sickly, I find those concussions where the guy's hands are held to his sides at right angles to be morbidly hilarious.

chasedude
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
That's a good feat to undertake, good luck. I'm 5'10" bout 300lbs, way to over weight and out of shape. I need to take it upon myself to do what you're gonna accomplish. Maybe one day Willpower will overtake me and I can do it, could be tomorrow :D

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Good work man. I know you'll do it

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 01:17 PM

(Starting soft chant) Go! Go! Go! GO!

Jenson71
01-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Let's focus on the specifics, KcMizzou! What are we going to do? One common suggestion is to find a replacement: beer for what? water? crystal light? what!?!?

Redcoats58
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Good luck KCMizzou, nothing to be embarrassed about, everyone has one vice or another.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Good luck man!

Make sure to drink lots of water. it's good for you and it will give you the feeling of being full if you drink enough of it.

I think I'm gonna quit drinking beer until it gets warmer outside. thats like a 4 month resolution. also, I started working out again after thanksgiving because I couldnt sit at a 90 degree angle without unbuttoning my pants. and thats unacceptable.

KcMizzou
01-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Let's focus on the specifics, KcMizzou! What are we going to do? One common suggestion is to find a replacement: beer for what? water? crystal light? what!?!?I'm a pretty big fan of unsweetened iced tea. That'll be my #1 option.

keg in kc
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of unsweetened iced tea. That'll be my #1 option.I picked up one of these (http://www.mrcoffee.com/Product.aspx?pid=46) last year, and I love it.

Jenson71
01-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of unsweetened iced tea. That'll be my #1 option.

Cool. Any plans for exercising or reducing food intake?