PDA

View Full Version : Video Games X-Box Kinnect or PS3??

petegz28
01-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok, I have had a few people tell me the X-Box is the way to go. On the other hand I have had a few people tell me PS3 is the wya to go.

So obviously to help get some resolution to said bogle I want to consult the wisdom of the Chiefs Plant peeps.

So if I was going to buy one of the systems, which is the best? And I am not particularly interested in the blu-ray aspect since it will probably not be hooked up to a hi-def tv. Not for a while anyway.

Red Coater
01-01-2011, 12:07 PM
If u play online a lot get the ps3. Its free. xbox. U have to pay. I've always had a ps and when I bought the x box I didn't like it as much. So I bought a ps3 and love it. Ps3 u get more for your money

Saulbadguy
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
If you are playing online, get whatever system you have more friends playing on.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2011, 12:11 PM
If you're interested in playing with friends i would have to say the 360 is far more popular. That being said i like the fact it's free to play ps3 online and i hate microshaft a tad bit more than sony. So there is that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 12:12 PM
The Kinect has a function where you can unlock extra levels on the Kinect-ready games if you bitch about the refs.

petegz28
01-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I should say I am mostly interested in the motion type games where you actually have to swing and stuff

aturnis
01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
My girlfriends daughter HAD to have an XBOX. All her friends at school have one right, b/c it's the cheap one and that's what the parents get them. She HATES it. Now she wants us to buy her a $300 PS3 too.

PS3 for me and mine. Hands down. Most people I know who have both, play their PS3 more, aside from one guy who only uses it to play blu rays.

aturnis
01-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Kinect has already proven to be kind of problematic. PS3 has the Move, which looks like a sex toy, but hasn't had any problems I know of. It's supposedly accurate within 2mm or something...

SLAG
01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I should say I am mostly interested in the motion type games where you actually have to swing and stuff

Thats called a Wii Dude

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
The Move has a better response time and is a bit more accurate. If your friends have an Xbox, though, get that. They are both great systems, but I kept the PS3 due to the Bluray capability in my minimalist setup.

petegz28
01-01-2011, 12:33 PM
The Move has a better response time and is a bit more accurate. If your friends have an Xbox, though, get that. They are both great systems, but I kept the PS3 due to the Bluray capability in my minimalist setup.

Actually my friends have PS3. I am thinking that is probably going to be the way to go.

Guru
01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Go with PS3 dude. I used to love xbox but ever since I jumped to the darkside I hardly turn the xbox on anymore. Free online, blu ray, more durable disks are the main selling points. Not to mention no proprietary shit like MS does. You can change out the HDD with ease and can also use just about ANY bluetooth headset.

also, you don't have to pay a monthly fee to Sony just to watch Netflix like you do on xbox.

Epic Fail 007
01-01-2011, 01:03 PM
i love both system,do give the edge to ps3 .Not because of free online but the graphices are slightly better because they use the blu ray technolgy in their games.I will say playing ps3 online can be very laggy at times,very annoying.

Lbedrock1
01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Don't forget the ps3 also plays 3D movies for the 3d ready tv's. I like the free online play with the ps3 and i dont see a difference in the online play. If i had to choose i would choose the ps3. I have the ps3 and got my son the xbox. The kinect is cool and if you dont mind paying more for online play get the xbox.

wazu
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
We got an XBox 360 w/ Kinect for Christmas. We wanted to get a video game console that would require physical activity to play, so all the games we got (at least for the kids) are Kinect.

The technology really does work. Dance Central, Sonic Free Riders, and Kinect Sports are all great motion-based games that will work up a sweat and have you sore in all kinds of places. Definitely increased the physical activity level in our house. As far as family entertainment it has been pretty much all we could have hoped for.

I also picked up Black Ops and Red Dead Redemption for myself. That part has been a humbling experience so far. God help you if you end up on my team online.

Fritz88
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I have Wii, 360 and PS3.

Xbox 360 hands down.

HotRoute
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I have both and I play my PS3 20 times more than my xbox.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Whichever one allows your digital avatar to beat off on and/or realistically teabag your opponents via motion sensors will ultimately be the winner.

Von Dumbass
01-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I had a 360 for two years and then sold it and bought a PS3. I hated the XBOX and couldn't be happier with the PS3.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Thats called a Wii Dude

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/PlayStation-Move-With-PS3.jpg

Mr. Plow
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
We got an XBox 360 w/ Kinect for Christmas. We wanted to get a video game console that would require physical activity to play, so all the games we got (at least for the kids) are Kinect.

The technology really does work. Dance Central, Sonic Free Riders, and Kinect Sports are all great motion-based games that will work up a sweat and have you sore in all kinds of places. Definitely increased the physical activity level in our house. As far as family entertainment it has been pretty much all we could have hoped for.

I also picked up Black Ops and Red Dead Redemption for myself. That part has been a humbling experience so far. God help you if you end up on my team online.

I can't comment on the PS3 or move - but we got Kinect for Xmas and it is pretty sweet. I had no intentions of getting it, but I'm glad we did. The kids like Kinect more than I thought they would.

Once the Michael Jackson game comes out for Kinect (March 1st), we are probably going to get rid of our Wii. Never use the thing.

Valiant
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Get whatever your friends have...

Both are great products, do not believe most of the hate you hear about 360 on here..

Guru
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Get whatever your friends have...

Both are great products, do not believe most of the hate you hear about 360 on here..

Dude, it isn't hate on the 360 its just personal preference. I have all three consoles. The PS3 gets the majority of our time. Simple as that. Haven't seen any real hate towards either system.

WhitiE
01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I have two friends who have both and neither ever play their ps3's

Buck
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I would go with PS3, but thats just me. I own both by the way.

KevB
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM

I've had the 360 for a while, but our family also added the Kinect at Christmas with the same goals in mind. It's actually better than I expected, and I had relatively high expectations. We had family over for New Year's, and they all had a blast as well. Money very well spent. Along with the Netflix integration, this thing truly is a media hub.

digger
01-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Xbox, if you play Halo it's xbox only. The Kinect is fun, will be better when they get more games.

DBOSHO
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Xbox. You get what you play for.

Fruit Ninja
01-01-2011, 07:15 PM
xbox for gaming , ps3 for media center/blu ray.

Thats how i do it. i have both systems and they both have their use. I have Kinect and absolutely love it. I am glad i have it.

Fruit Ninja
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I have two friends who have both and neither ever play their ps3's

thats me, i use my ps3 for a media center and a few exclusives like God of War 3. Other then that. i dont use it for gaming.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaYXHHCgxo

meStevo
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
xbox for gaming , ps3 for media center/blu ray.

Thats how i do it. i have both systems and they both have their use. I have Kinect and absolutely love it. I am glad i have it.

This is pretty much our house too. Wii has sat there unused for a year, guess we should sell it.

Kinect doesn't do everything I wanted it to do (motion controls to control my entire media center... TV, receiver, etc) but it's fun for what it is. Don't see a reason to buy Move yet.

KC native
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I have Xbox, PS3, and Wii.

The kiddo uses the Wii the most. Xbox is mostly me and the kiddo is starting in on it. The PS3 plays movies. The Xbox is the most user friendly IMO.

AndChiefs
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
My old roommate has a PS3 and I have a 360. He just texted me the other day saying that he wished he had a Xbox.