unothadeal
01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
lol fuck me didn't know it was reported official in the other thread

Captain Obvious
01-01-2011, 08:59 PM
No wai.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Surprised there isn't a thread about this yet....

wait...

OnTheWarpath58
http://images.dailyfill.com/25ca191e6ea048a2_b5ec006e0865410d/o/moon.jpg

unothadeal
Give me more

BigMeatballDave
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!1WTFBBQ

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
NO HE'S UNDER CONTRACT HE CAN'T DO THAT

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Weis reportedly hired as Florida offensive coordinator (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110101_weis_reportedly_hired_as_florida_offensive_coordinator)

Charlie Weis has been hired as the University of Florida's new offensive coordinator, according to the Associated Press.

Per the report, the official announcement is coming Monday.

Weis is a former Notre Dame head coach who spent this season with the Kansas City Chiefs as their offensive coordinator.

He has previous stints as the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator and as a New York Giants and New York Jets assistant coach.

KCrockaholic
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Tampering! WTF!

chief52
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
NO HE'S UNDER CONTRACT HE CAN'T DO THAT

You honestly do not understand the contract thing do you... you must be a kid. You will learn.

Stanley Nickels
01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I did not hit her, it's bull shit! I didn't do i-- oh, hi Mark.

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
You honestly do not understand the contract thing do you... you must be a kid. You will learn.

I think we just "learned" that Weis can pack up and go to Florida and you were wrong.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
STAY DOWN, BITCH!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A0JrrX4J1J4/S4Qv-w-ciqI/AAAAAAAACzQ/f745QhEibJ8/s400/CharlieWeis.jpg

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Wait a minute. It's not just a rumor?

Seriously. That other thread was so big by the time I saw it that I didn't read the whole thing. I thought it was just some unfounded rumors.

Captain Obvious
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Shocking news. I cannot believe this turn of events. Totally came out of nowhere. Why weren't we told earlier?

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/01/2555155/charlie-weis-leaving-chiefs-to.html

Well, dammit.

Why do people do stuff like this? Finish your damn job and then leave if you want. Charlie Weis is excrement.

chief52
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I think we just "learned" that Weis can pack up and go to Florida and you were wrong.

No, the opposite occured you dumb sh@t. How clueless can you get?????

He is under contract until the season ends...Then he can move on. Has nothing to do with where he is going.

How f@cking stupid are you?????

You have given me the greatest laugh in a long time. Love when someone is totally wrong and too stupid to understand it!!! :):):)

When you get out of high school and forge your grades to get into junior college...try taking a basic contract class. You will be amazed.

Mojo Jojo
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Tampering! WTF!
I hope that is sarcasm. Or do you not understand how coaching contracts work.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/01/2555155/charlie-weis-leaving-chiefs-to.html

Well, dammit.

Why do people do stuff like this? Finish your damn job and then leave if you want. Charlie Weis is excrement.

Theres less stress in college football coaching. and he has serious health issues. and I think Haley and him had words this year? I would assume those are all major factors.

the Talking Can
01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
it's wise to assume you'll be the first one to post old news on the planet

unothadeal
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Wait a minute. It's not just a rumor?

Seriously. That other thread was so big by the time I saw it that I didn't read the whole thing. I thought it was just some unfounded rumors.

You've given meaning to my thread. I am forever in your debt.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm fine with a new thread on this, the other one has been a pissing contest for quite some time.

Rain Man
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
You've given meaning to my thread. I am forever in your debt.

No, thank you. You were the Sacajawea of my Charlie Weis news. The big thread was just a bunch of native jibberish until you translated it for me.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm fine with a new thread on this, the other one has been a pissing contest for quite some time.

A mod should edit the other thread header. it still says its a rumor.

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:20 PM
No, the opposite occured you dumb sh@t. How clueless can you get?????

He is under contract until the season ends...Then he can move on. Has nothing to do with where he is going.

How f@cking stupid are you?????

You have given me the greatest laugh in a long time. Love when someone is totally wrong and too stupid to understand it!!! :):):)

When you get out of high school and forge your grades to get into junior college...try taking a basic contract class. You will be amazed.

Bobby Petrino apparently didn't take that class.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
A mod should edit the other thread header. it still says its a rumor.
Hey now, you know that fans of other teams are not allowed to tell the mods how to do their job. We just had a thread about this the other day.

chief52
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM

They let him out of his contract...they will cover that for you. Doubt you will understand, however.

Sometimes it is best to just not say anything and let people think you are clueless rather than to hit the keys and prove you are a total idiot.

LaChapelle
01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
If you don't have time to skim through a 80 page thread first
then you have a life and no reason to be a member here
good day sir

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:24 PM

LMAO Yep. Nick Saban either.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey now, you know that fans of other teams are not allowed to tell the mods how to do their job. We just had a thread about this the other day.

ROFL

Hey now, I didn't make a thread whining about it. I just made a post responding to some whining Chiefs fans. ;)

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I hope Weis gets skin cancer in Florida.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
ROFL

Hey now, I didn't make a thread whining about it. I just made a post responding to some whining Chiefs fans. ;)
Well you probably would fit in better if you did start a thread whining about it.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Well you probably would fit in better if you did start a thread whining about it.

That thread just got its name changed ;)

And now I would merge this thread into that one

ROFL

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
That thread just got its name changed ;)

And now I would merge this thread into that one

ROFL
Oh, I'm sure it's because one of our outstanding moderators felt that was the best decision for our online community, and not because some knucklehead Jets fan suggested it.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
They let him out of his contract...they will cover that for you. Doubt you will understand, however.

Sometimes it is best to just not say anything and let people think you are clueless rather than to hit the keys and prove you are a total idiot.

That is because he quit

Bill Parcells
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh, I'm sure it's because one of our outstanding moderators felt that was the best decision for our online community, and not because some knucklehead Jets fan suggested it.

Yes, I am quite sure that is what happened ;) and I pray to god nobody is near you after you fart out those scottish eggs tomorrow ROFL

And this knucklehead Jets fan went from two time defending favorite moderator to most hated poster/Moderator in the past year due to my Rex bashing! heh heh heh!

Dylan
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM

LMAO

take kevin killdrive -- right now we expect him to be available after sunday's game.

lol

j/k i don't wish him on the chiefs

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Petrino resigned. So did Saban. It wasn't a question of "letting" them do anything.

chief52
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Petrino resigned. So did Saban. It wasn't a question of "letting" them do anything.

You have to be let out of your contract. Trust me. You can not say I quit and then sign a contract with someone else. You have to be let out of your contract. You can not unilaterally break a contract.

Brock
01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
You have to be let out of your contract. Trust me. You can not say I quit and then sign a contract with someone else. You have to be let out of your contract. You can not unilaterally break a contract.

Can you point out one single example where an NFL coach was not "let out" of his contract to go back to college ball? I've asked you this time after time and you refuse to/cannot answer.

JD10367
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM

That's just harsh and uncalled-for.

Sincerely,
Mel A. Noma

chief52
01-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Can you point out one single example where an NFL coach was not "let out" of his contract to go back to college ball? I've asked you this time after time and you refuse to/cannot answer.

I do not care about this stupid point. This is totally different from what you where talking about. I could not care less about examples of when they have or have not let people out of contracts. That is your job to look up if that interests you. That has never had anything to do with this discussion.

Do you understand???

You can not quit a job you are under contract to perform and then sign a contract with someone else. You say you can! This is extremely basic.

You must be let out of your contract or you can not sign with someone else. Period. You can not unilaterally break a contract

Your question has nothing to do with our discussion about contracts. Nothing at all.

Do you see what I am saying?

pr_capone
01-01-2011, 10:05 PM
That's just harsh and uncalled-for.

Sincerely,
Mel A. Noma

ROFL

Brock
01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I do not care about this stupid point. This is totally different from what you where talking about. I could not care less about examples of when they have or have not let people out of contracts. That is your job to look up if that interests you. That has never had anything to do with this discussion.

So for all of your talk about how ironclad NFL coaching contracts are, you can't come up with one example of this ironclad contract keeping any coach at any time from moving to any college job they wanted. Sounds to me like if Weis wanted to, he could just resign and leave for Florida whenever he wanted, JUST LIKE I SAID. We're not talking about some theoretical point here, we're talking about what happens in the real world. I see now you're one of those people who won't just admit when you're wrong.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
You can not unilaterally break a contract.

So teams always wait until contracts expire to fire people? I guess Brad Childress and Josh McDaniels disagree.

Brock
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
So teams always wait until contracts expire to fire people? I guess Brad Childress and Josh McDaniels disagree.

ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
01-01-2011, 10:21 PM
This thread is teh ghey.

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 10:21 PM
And don't give me this they have to pay them bs. Ask Shanahan how that is going after 10+ years

chief52
01-01-2011, 10:31 PM

They are still being paid... The teams are living up to their end of the contract.

chief52
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
And don't give me this they have to pay them bs. Ask Shanahan how that is going after 10+ years

I have no idea what Shanahan's contract did or did not say. If he was fired for cause then he in effect voided the contract and does not have to be paid. I believe the courts ruled Kiffin did not have to be paid because he voided the contract. Depends on the wording of the contract.

Bottom line is this has nothing to do with what our discussion was.

Mojo Jojo
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM

Do you understand???

You can not quit a job you are under contract to perform and then sign a contract with someone else. You say you can! This is extremely basic.

You must be let out of your contract or you can not sign with someone else. Period. You can not unilaterally break a contract

Your question has nothing to do with our discussion about contracts. Nothing at all.

Not true...no intelligent person signs a contract without a lawyer and having an escape clause.

chief52
01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Not true...no intelligent person signs a contract without a lawyer and having an escape clause.

Ok...I will bite again.

What is "not true"?

Brock
01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Should be pretty obvious what is "not true". Your assertion that Weis' NFL coaching contract means he can't leave for Florida whenever he wants to, for example. He's only staying until KC's season is over because he chooses to.

chief52
01-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Should be pretty obvious what is "not true". Your assertion that Weis' NFL coaching contract means he can't leave for Florida whenever he wants to, for example. He's only staying until KC's season is over because he chooses to.

Brock...you actually believe that???

Staying because he chooses to. Hell of a nice guy. He could just walk away from that contract any time he wants because the law says he can.

Too much.

Well, I am going to call it a night. Nice debating with you guys. Appreciate that it did not get too personal or nasty. Thanks for that. I do believe I am correct but if you can ever come up with something that says I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

Happy New Year!

ChiefsNow
01-01-2011, 11:51 PM
ROFL

Oh Snap
01-02-2011, 03:58 AM
why the hell would you go from an NFL OC, to a Collegiate OC?

It feels like weis is screwing us over here...And why the hell would you announce this before the playoffs, and not after? That just seems irresponsible!

bandwagonjumper
01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
As a Notre Dame fan I the Charlie Weis is a much better NFL OC than a college one. On a Notre Dame board there were rumours that his son was going to Texas to work for Muschamp but now that he went to Florida his son goes there now.
I remember at Notre Dame his son was always on the sideline.

Pushead2
01-02-2011, 04:32 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/wb6n7k.png

58-4ever
01-02-2011, 05:50 AM
As a Notre Dame fan I the Charlie Weis is a much better NFL OC than a college one. On a Notre Dame board there were rumours that his son was going to Texas to work for Muschamp but now that he went to Florida his son goes there now.
I remember at Notre Dame his son was always on the sideline.

WTF?

Fried Meat Ball!
01-02-2011, 06:10 AM

Yes, you often can unilaterally break a contract. Nearly every contract has a "buy out" on either side. If I voluntarily leave my job before the contract expires, I have to pay $xxxxx. The reversal is true, as well. The head office can break the contract with a buy-out, which is why you see the Broncos owing money to Shanahan and McDaniels.

But look at it from a managerial standpoint: Even IF Weis' contract doesn't have a buy-out attached, why in God's name would Pioli/Haley NOT let him out? Would it be better to let him go because he wants to, or force him to stay, where you'd have a bitter, vocal employee with a major hand in the development of your younger employees? They'd let him go and find a replacement.

Mojo Jojo
01-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Ok...I will bite again.

What is "not true"?
I've worked under contract for several years. I hired an employment attorney. I've always had an escape clause...so does the boss. The key is how and why I can leave and what I may owe the company...likewise if he breaks the contract I get certain things. I work for a small company and don't have an agent...coaching is a business contracts are negotiated in advance, and both sides have escape clauses...It is a fact of life.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Who gives a shit? What's done is done. Fuck you Charlie. And Fuck you too Florida.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Who gives a shit? What's done is done. **** you Charlie. And **** you too Florida.

Agreed. If he was going to leave, it should not have come up until after the playoffs.

Molitoth
01-02-2011, 08:27 AM
THE TIMING OF THIS SUCKS.

wazu
01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
No, thank you. You were the Sacajawea of my Charlie Weis news. The big thread was just a bunch of native jibberish until you translated it for me.

This.

FAX
01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
The only "let out" clause in Weis' contract is the one dealing with his trousers. At this point, I'm certain that Pioli would gladly kick Weis' massive, bulbous ass to the curb without a Hoveround since it is clear that Weis has proven to be a cancer, ingrate, and traitorous, elephantile putz whose disgusting personal habits have already forced the front office to replace 4 toilets in the executive bathroom.

May Weis' gall bladder return in spirit form to haunt him mercilessly with visions of salad greens.

FAX

Groves
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
http://plasmapool.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Picture-22.png

KC Dan
01-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Didn't the Niners dump Jimmy Raye? just sayin'.... :shake: