PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we go one & done, is the season a success or a failure?

AllThingsKC
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Even if the Chiefs lose to the Ravens and STILL have that "playoff win monkey" on their backs, I'd still have to say this season was a success.

Don't get me wrong, one-and-done would be heart breaking, but I would be happy with the season overall. Plus, it's not like I am expecting the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl or anything, but I didn't expect them to make the playoffs either. Which is why I'd really be happy if they could at least win a home playoff game.

Perhaps I'm just a Chiefs homer, or I am looking at things too positively. But I certainly didn't expect the Chiefs to make the playoffs this year.

But no matter what happens, my AFC West Champions gear will definitely help me through the off season!

GO CHIEFS!

Bowser
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
You could have argued that the season would have been a success at 7 wins.

DenverDanChiefsFan
This season has already been a success. Noboody expected us to win the division and be in the playoffs.

Ugly Duck
If we go one & done, is the season a success or a failure?

Neither. It'd be just KC postseason business as usual.

Hog Farmer
Success, We cost ourselves a top 5 draft pick tho.

Bwana
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM

SIT....STAY.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519cZcD2VfL.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
The season is already a success.

But if we get our butts handed to us, like we did today, it will be proof that we just weren't that good to begin with, and made the playoffs due to a weak schedule.

Norman Einstein
01-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Where are the raiders?

Oh, I forgot, they are done for the year.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

AllThingsKC

I would have argued that it would have been a success at 5 wins. 5-11 would be an improvement from 4-12.

Thig Lyfe
Already a success, but that won't make yet another goddamn playoff loss any less upsetting.

Pushead2
Even if the Chiefs lose to the Ravens and STILL have that "playoff win monkey" on their backs, I'd still have to say this season was a success.

Don't get me wrong, one-and-done would be heart breaking, but I would be happy with the season overall. Plus, it's not like I am expecting the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl or anything, but I didn't expect them to make the playoffs either. Which is why I'd really be happy if they could at least win a home playoff game.

Perhaps I'm just a Chiefs homer, or I am looking at things too positively. But I certainly didn't expect the Chiefs to make the playoffs this year.

But no matter what happens, my AFC West Champions gear will definitely help me through the off season!

GO CHIEFS!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Vercetti101/Stupid.jpg

REDHOTGTO
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
huge success but now get the extra players we need to win it all next year

GloryDayz
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't know about you, but this thread makes me hungry!

Norman Einstein
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM

But if we get our butts handed to us, like we did today, it will be proof that we just weren't that good to begin with, and made the playoffs due to a weak schedule.

CW, The Chiefs were not expected to do anything this year, we won the division. We go to the playoffs.

All you are doing is showing us all that you are not a Chiefs fan but most likely just an assclown.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM

But if we get our butts handed to us, like we did today, it will be proof that we just weren't that good to begin with, and made the playoffs due to a weak schedule.Thank you, Capt. Obvious

mnchiefsguy
01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Considering most though 6-10 or 7-9 was what this team was going to do, I would have to say that a six win improvement and a playoff berth is a success, but is only one more step towards the ultimate goal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Success.

LiveSteam
01-02-2011, 06:55 PM

This.

Von Dumbass
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.ashlux.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/great_success.png

LaChapelle
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
The City gets some return on their tax revenue investment
a playoff game will bring in some much needed bucks

Pioli Zombie
01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Only a stupid,ignorant,ass hole could call this season anything but a success for the Chiefs no matter what happens next week. But if they lose Mecca will do just that.

OldTownChief
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Absolute success awesome season and AFC Champs shirts to wear. Just hope we can build on it going into next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Only a stupid,ignorant,ass hole could call this season anything but a success for the Chiefs no matter what happens next week. But if they lose Mecca will do just that.

I'm happy. I think Muir and our line sucks big tranny penis, but all in all; HAPPY.:thumb:

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I fully expected no better than a 5 win season, so the minute the 6th win went into the books, the season was a success.

Anything after that is/was just gravy.

LocoChiefsFan
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM

Please say something to get urself banned u fucktard!

KChiefs1
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
SUCCESS!

Hell I thought 8-8 would have been a successful season!

eazyb81
Stupid thread. Of course it would still be huge success.

The Chiefs have been one of the worst teams in football the last few years. I doubt we will have a long playoff run, but we finally have an identity and are playing winning football.

Smed1065

Success by frauds?

Lbedrock1
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
You have to admit most people thought we would not be in the playoffs. Since we are there, even if only for one week, that has to be considered a success. I personal think we can beat the Ravens. We will not play like we palyed against the Raiders.

BigRedChief
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
You could have argued that the season would have been a success at 7 wins.THIS!
We were hoping for 8 wins.

Baconeater
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Already a success, but that won't make yet another goddamn playoff loss any less upsetting.
That^

milkman
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Success by frauds?

This post is Smed's greatest success.

JASONSAUTO
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Success by frauds?

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
This season is already a failure. Today was the most important game of the season and we blew it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
This season is already a failure. Today was the most important game of the season and we blew it.

Penz?

keg in kc
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
It's a rousing success. Very few of us expected 10 wins, even with the schedule we had.

philfree
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
As long as Pioli and company learn from this season and address our weakness' then this season will be a success. If we beat the Ravens then even more so.

We have to get stronger in the middle on both sides of the ball. If not the Raiders will beat us next year too.

PhilFree:arrow:

wazu
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow. Surprised I'm in such the minority, here. Chiefs went 2-4 in the division, swept the NFC West, and beat the Browns, Bills, Titans, and Jags. The only team we beat that will be in the playoffs is from the NFC West.

I adjusted expectations fairly early in the year. This team needs to exorcise the playoff demons now, this year. One win minimum. No more one-and-dones. If they lose next week I won't feel good about the outcome of the season.

2bikemike
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
As long as Pioli and company learn from this season and address our weakness' then this season will be a success. If we beat the Ravens then even more so.

We have to get stronger in the middle on both sides of the ball. If not the Raiders will beat us next year too.

PhilFree:arrow:

I truly believe the powers that be know exactly where we are weak. I expect they will be addressing those issues through FA and the Draft.

My big concern is how will the Labor dispute affect FA and the Draft. In addition I wonder how a work stoppage will affect the momentum and chemistry that is developing among the team. The Knucklehead Bowe is just lurking under the surface who knows what will happen if he sits around all next year with no football being played.

DeezNutz
01-02-2011, 08:15 PM

You guys were much improved this year. Congrats.

Oh, and congrats on firing yet another coach and starting over. May the crypt keeper live to be 700.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Anybody who thinks this season was a failure regardless of next week is just dumb.

Yea we played a week schedule. Yea next year will be tougher.

Guess what we improved from last year and rules allow us to improve again next year, that's right the NFL says by rule KC can improve again by drafting well and doing fancy coaching shit with current players and FA signings.

Crazy I know.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Oh, and congrats on firing yet another coach and starting over. May the crypt keeper live to be 700.

Did they officially fire Cable? If so I think I am happy.

teedubya
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
definitely a success. Just a bit sad getting beaten by every good team that we've played.

It's a season to build on. Wish Weis didn't decide to leave so soon, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM

ROFL

DeezNutz
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Did they officially fire Cable? If so I think I am happy.

Not yet. And I agree. They look like they're actually building something right now, so it's time to blow that shit up.