PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So.. Let's say you are Haley for a week....

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Chief's just got manhandled at home by a team with no motivation other than pride.

Your KC Chiefs just finished the season with 10 wins, as many as the last 3 seasons combined and won the AFCW the week earlier.

How do you approach the upcoming week?

Do you work their asses off to show them they played like shit or do you give them a bit of a rest and emphasize the positives of what you have done up until now his year?

Do you crack the whip or give them some love?

keg in kc
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I crack the whip, just like I have for two years.

Count Alex's Wins
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Full pads. Bounties on Flacco.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd walk up to Weiss chanting KALI MA, then rip his fucking heart out and show it to the players... just to let them know what to expect the next time someone quits on the team.

Bwana
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.aussiewhipmaker.com/images/whip1.jpg

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
My gut instinct says crack the whip because it seems like they just expected to win today.

Count Alex's Wins
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd walk up to Weiss chanting KALI MA, then rip his fucking heart out and show it to the players... just to let them know what to expect the next time someone quits on the team.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/10718gw.jpg

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd drive to a bus stop and give some guy all the money in my wallet.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd drive to a bus stop and give some guy all the money in my wallet.

Nice, forgot about that. Good Karma FTW.

threebag02
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Work their collective asses off.

siberian khatru
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd walk up to Weiss chanting KALI MA, then rip his ****ing heart out and show it to the players... just to let them know what to expect the next time someone quits on the team.

ROFL :thumb:

Easy 6
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

DA_T_84
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Time for Thomas Jones, Brian Waters, Mike Vrabel, and Derrick Johnson to be loud as fuck.

Call a players only meeting. Stress the importance of staying after practice to study their asses off. Make sure that they understand that they need to leave it all out on the field, and win or lose, at 3pm on Sunday, they need to be able to say they gave it their all and tried their hardest to play up to their abilities.

Our young bucks need to see what this looks like so they can lean on this for the rest of their careers.

Agent V
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM

This.

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Crack the whip.

Extra Point
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Crack the whip until Thursday. Better hope the last practice is a shitty one. Chew ass, and ask who wants to be on the team in September.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't think working them to death solves anything, except making sure we see a gassed team in the 4th quarter Sunday.

I'd put this fucker behind us, and focus on Baltimore. Let the leaders on this team lead.

I don't care if it means not watching the film, burying a game ball, or re-sodding the fucking field.

Everyone's 0-0.

Focus on what's to come, not the past.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Crack the whip.

My initial thought is the same but it seems like you need to walk the line of cracking the whip while giving confidence.

You can't go into this saying we aren't a good team. They need to feel like they have every reason to believe that, while it will be tough, they can win because they are the better team as long as they execute.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't think working them to death solves anything, except making sure we see a gassed team in the 4th quarter Sunday.

I'd put this ****er behind us, and focus on Baltimore. Let the leaders on this team lead.

I don't care if it means not watching the film, burying a game ball, or re-sodding the ****ing field.

Everyone's 0-0.

Amen.

rockymtnchief
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Full pads, crack the whip and use Weis' vehicle as a blocking dummy.

jsmax
01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Both, crack the whip and let them know that their performance on Sunday was not acceptable, then move on. Spend extra time on film and study to be mentally prepared and ready to play.

trndobrd
01-02-2011, 09:19 PM
The bottom line is this Chiefs team is better than the performance on the field today and from the beginning the Chiefs came out lacking intensity. Haley needs to get back to basics, if that means a tough week with some full pads practices, then so be it.

He also needs to challenge the receivers and running backs on running crisper routes and catching. The offensive line needs to be challenged on the running game, and protecting the quarterback (#78 should have been carried off the field after that cheap shot on Cassell).

ChiefaRoo
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM

I'd put this ****er behind us, and focus on Baltimore. Let the leaders on this team lead.

I don't care if it means not watching the film, burying a game ball, or re-sodding the ****ing field.

Everyone's 0-0.

More or less this.

JASONSAUTO
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Agreed. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't think working them to death solves anything, except making sure we see a gassed team in the 4th quarter Sunday.

I'd put this fucker behind us, and focus on Baltimore. Let the leaders on this team lead.

I don't care if it means not watching the film, burying a game ball, or re-sodding the fucking field.

Everyone's 0-0.

Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I go kick Weis in his bad leg to get him down, then kick him in the peanuts, then I send a letter to the NFL with a highlighted copy of the rule book explaining what a GD hold it. And tell them that if they don't start calling them when Hali is held, a group of PIs will be hired to watch and publicize every indiscretion in their family. And the "Officials Review Process" (ORP) shall be made a public process.

RustShack
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Get a chicken to sacrifice.

OldTownChief
01-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Focus on the total OL breakdown that happened today. They need to have the game of the year to run on the Ravs.

KCChiefsFan88
01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Chief's just got manhandled at home by a team with no motivation other than pride.

Your KC Chiefs just finished the season with 10 wins, as many as the last 3 seasons combined and won the AFCW the week earlier.

How do you approach the upcoming week?

Do you work their asses off to show them they played like shit or do you give them a bit of a rest and emphasize the positives of what you have done up until now his year?

Do you crack the whip or give them some love?

This should be a pretty easy week to be the Chiefs coach, in terms of looking for motivational material.

No one is going to give the Chiefs a chance next Sunday vs the Ravens so you have the no respect card. Your team was humiliated at home against a mediocre non-playoff team so you have the humiliation card.

The Ravens are also a pretty mouthy team so I am sure the Chiefs will get a bulletin board quote or two from the Ravens this week as well.

CaliforniaChief
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
You guys act like we haven't been in this position of having to bounce back. Whatever he did to get them back in previous games, he should do again. Whatever he did this week, he should never do again.

It's a young team. Motivation isn't an issue. Execution is. Just keep coaching 'em up.

Consistent1
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't know that it does any good to make the practices physically tough at this point. Let's have everyone healthy and rested. They need to go over film like mad and develop a game plan that gives us a chance. Hell, Haley might take some crazy chances judging from some past decisions. The home crowd will help, but laying a dud game today hurts the enthusiasm some I'm sure. They just need to forget the damn Raiders and get in attack mode.

LaChapelle
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Make them watch the blood vessel on Jack Harry's neck burst
then write their names in the blood

WebGem
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd walk up to Weiss chanting KALI MA, then rip his ****ing heart out and show it to the players... just to let them know what to expect the next time someone quits on the team.

This.

I do fully believe the team just expected to win today and underperformed and this Raiders game could be a blessing in disguise. I'm prepared for the 4 game winning streak that starts at home in Arrowhead Stadium and ends on a neutral field with a $40 million TV above everyone's heads.

Marcellus
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
If I am Haley, I sit at home playing XBox360 all day cause JW says I ain't no football coach.

MahiMike
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM

oooh, I like it.

Rooster
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Lots and lots of porta potty passing drills.

Inspector
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Hmmm....I dunno.

Whats Haleys wife look like?

shitgoose
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd make sure Charles gets more carries