NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!

cabletech94
01-03-2011, 08:08 AM

VERY special team, indeed.

cardken
01-03-2011, 08:31 AM

He known more as a Defensive Co. , but did start as an Offensive Asst with the Ravens in 1996, just for the record

SNR
01-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Did Y2K11 bust your sarcasm meters?

Cave Johnson
01-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Black Monday is off and running.

Bring me the head of underperforming HCs.

ILChief
01-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Actually, I have seen Cleveland's offensive coordinator mentioned as a possibility

Cave Johnson
01-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Actually, I have seen Cleveland's offensive coordinator mentioned as a possibility

Hush your mouth.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I wonder if the NFL could get the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the Cleveland Browns in an even-up trade. Yeah, the Alouettes have owned them recently, but we'd absolutely have to rename that team. (What the hell is an Alouette? For that matter, though, what the hell is a Brown?)

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Mariucci or Gruden

Molitoth
01-03-2011, 12:59 PM
The Browns need some new uniforms and logo's. Nobody is ever going to want to play in those shitstain colors, and that team is going to forever suck because of it.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
The Browns need some new uniforms and logo's. Nobody is ever going to want to play in those shitstain colors, and that team is going to forever suck because of it.

The do in a way, KC's playing them this week

Frankie
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
He known more as a Defensive Co. , but did start as an Offensive Asst with the Ravens in 1996, just for the record

If I recall the Ravens were all D and not much O then.

Rain Man
01-03-2011, 01:50 PM

One of NFL Network's list shows named those uniforms among the top ten football uniforms of all time.

I don't quite see it.

Frankie
01-03-2011, 01:51 PM

They are the BROWNs dude. Do you poop lavender?

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hopefully he ends up as the DC of a high school team somewhere.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hopefully he ends up as the DC of a high school team somewhere.

Any chance he returns to NE?

kysirsoze
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
We could use him as a HC since we don't have an NFL HC.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM

No. No, no, no. Fuck no.

Buehler445
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM

My hope. Maybe he will go to the Faid. LOL. Do you remember when he was good for one year and did all those commercials?
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 02:33 PM
One of NFL Network's list shows named those uniforms among the top ten football uniforms of all time...

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. **** yes.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. **** yes.

The Helmet in your Avy is quite ironic

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
The Helmet in your Avy is quite ironic

Yeah, it is, but I was fine with Modell finally winning his Lombardi, and it wasn't any of my business where he took his team to do it or what colors he decided to dress them in. I'm just happy that he had to leave those kick-ass helmets in Cleveland.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, it is, but I was fine with Modell finally winning his Lombardi, and it wasn't any of my business where he took his team to do it or what colors he decided to dress them in. I'm just happy that he had to leave those kick-ass helmets in Cleveland.It would make a Browns fans eyes bleed.

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Any chance he returns to NE?

I would say not in a million years, but Belichick is all "it's just business, not personal". If he really, honestly believes that Mangini didn't intend to create such a firestorm with Spygate, he just might take him back.

But first, I'd be surprised. He has rarely taken back coaches, for whatever reason (Weis, Crennel, Rob Ryan, etc.). Second, Mangini might get his house egged every night of his life. He is extremely unpopular around here, to say the least.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
It would make a Browns fans eyes bleed.

Yeah. I have a few cousins who would flay me for it.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I would say not in a million years, but Belichick is all "it's just business, not personal". If he really, honestly believes that Mangini didn't intend to create such a firestorm with Spygate, he just might take him back.

But first, I'd be surprised. He has rarely taken back coaches, for whatever reason (Weis, Crennel, Rob Ryan, etc.). Second, Mangini might get his house egged every night of his life. He is extremely unpopular around here, to say the least.

If any assistant did return to NE, who do you think would it be?

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Mangini was too conservative as Pats DC. I remember mumbles had to step in at one time and tell him to blitz more if memory serves me right.

I would say there's no chance in hell Mangini goes back there.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
D2112, why exactly was Mangenius fired from the Jets? They had a bad year in his 2nd season, rebounded to 9-7 the next and was fired. Some of the Jets D wouldn't be in NYC if it weren't for Mangini, right?

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:10 PM
D2112, why exactly was Mangenius fired from the Jets? They had a bad year in his 2nd season, rebounded to 9-7 the next and was fired. Some of the Jets D wouldn't be in NYC if it weren't for Mangini, right?

They had a complete and utter monumental collapse. after going 8-3 in 2008 and patting themselves on the back again, they played an awful game against the Broncos and went 1-4 down the stretch. the defense was being scorched by legendary QB's like Seneca Wallace and Chad Pennington down the stretch.

The last game of the season that year was at home against the Dolphins. the Dolphins win the afc east if they win that game. the Jets just choked and quit on Mangini. and he was playing Favre hurt the last 5 games (torn something in his shoulder) of the season and didnt say anything about it..lol

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
They had a complete and utter monumental collapse. after going 8-3 in 2008 and patting themselves on the back again, they played an awful game against the Broncos and went 1-4 down the stretch. the defense was being scorched by legendary QB's like Seneca Wallace and Chad Pennington down the stretch.

The last game of the season that year was at home against the Dolphins. the Dolphins win the afc east if they win that game. the Jets just choked and quit on Mangini. and he was playing Favre hurt the last 5 games (torn something in his shoulder) of the season and didnt say anything about it..lol

Only thing I can remember about the Jets that year is the ass whooping they gave the Rams(they scored 40 points before the half) and Bulger was benched.
Do you think Mangini gets a DC job anywhere soon or is he out of the league?

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
If any assistant did return to NE, who do you think would it be?

I admit I was surprised that Romeo didn't return as either DC or assistant HC. Very surprised. At his age, you wouldn't think becoming HC would be particularly viable, and we had no DC this year. But whatever.

I could see McDaniels coming back, but again, what role? O'Brien has done a fine job and though he doesn't offically hold the OC role, giving it to McDaniels would be a slap in the face of a guy who has done the job and done it well so far.

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Mangini was too conservative as Pats DC. I remember mumbles had to step in at one time and tell him to blitz more if memory serves me right.

I would say there's no chance in hell Mangini goes back there.

Right, but that was 2005 or whatever, right? And I think Mangini was substantially better the next year, then became HC of the NYJ. Or do I have my timing off by a year?

I do agree that BB took playcalling away from ManGenius for a while, and that it's very unlikely he comes back. All I'm really saying is that unlike Parcells, who I think would shut the door forever and throw away the key, even if the guy was drowning, BB is "all business", and forgiveness might be had.

But personally, ManGenius can DIAF.

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM

ROFL

Good times. Thanks for the memories. There's not much I like more than epic Jets collapses. :D

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Amnorix, if Rob Ryan becomes available from Cleveland, any chance he goes back to NE?

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
ROFL

Good times. Thanks for the memories. There's not much I like more than epic Jets collapses. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention that your beloved Patriots were knocked out of the playoffs that year because the Jets choked to the Dolphins at home.

I um didnt want to leave out any details.. lol :D

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Amnorix, if Rob Ryan becomes available from Cleveland, any chance he goes back to NE?

He might go to the Jets.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
He might go to the Jets.

What about Pettine? Would he be out? Anyways, I'm just pissed at the Rams coaching staff. He's trying to become the next Tom Coughlin, without the talent, but he's got the team going the right way, I think...

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
What about Pettine? Would he be out? Anyways, I'm just pissed at the Rams coaching staff. He's trying to become the next Tom Coughlin, without the talent, but he's got the team going the right way, I think...

Pettine is upstairs in the booth. and Rex has basically been calling the defensive play calls. Rex needs to focus on other things like how to manage a game correctly and how to use his timeouts and challenges smartly. and who better to trust than your fat ass twin brother sporting a mullet and a goat t?

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Pettine is upstairs in the booth. and Rex has basically been calling the defensive play calls. Rex needs to focus on other things like how to manage a game correctly and how to use his timeouts and challenges smartly. and who better to trust than your fat ass twin brother sporting a mullet and a goat t?

ROFL Haha. Or maybe Rob stays in Cleveland and Daboll is hired as HC? Anyways, what do you think about Spags?

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Goat t?

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/115/056/955/R42m.jpg

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
ROFL Haha. Or maybe Rob stays in Cleveland and Daboll is hired as HC? Anyways, what do you think about Spags?
Theyre not gonna hire daboll..lol..theyre gonna go after somebody high profile after Mangini. maybe chucky gruden or cowher.
Goat t?

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/115/056/955/R42m.jpg
ROFL

Yeah, I knew I was gonna get picked on for that.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
ROFL

Yeah, I knew I was gonna get picked on for that.

Fortunately, Frankie turned me on to the site. :thumb:

Amnorix
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Theyre not gonna hire daboll..lol..theyre gonna go after somebody high profile after Mangini. maybe chucky gruden or cowher.

Marty Morningweg is a serious contender. Gruden or Cowher are going to want complete control, which Holmgren won't give. Cowher is also not a Holmgren guy, and he wants HIS offense run, dammit!

Morningweg is begging for another chance.

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Fortunately, Frankie turned me on to the site. :thumb:

OMG was that a Frankie owned moment or what? you know you can never forget to add 5 of these in there too ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL <--A Frankie owned staple and :thumb:

Bill Parcells
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Marty Morningweg is a serious contender. Gruden or Cowher are going to want complete control, which Holmgren won't give. Cowher is also not a Holmgren guy, and he wants HIS offense run, dammit!

I like Morningweg. I think that would be a good hire for them. and hey, speakling of second chances, look at mumbles and how he did after his debacle in Cleveland. ;)

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Morningweg deserves a 2nd chance after the debacle in Detroit(hardly any coach has had any success there).

I like Morningweg. I think that would be a good hire for them. and hey, speakling of second chances, look at mumbles and how he did after his debacle in Cleveland. ;)

I didn't understand why Mangenius was hired by the Browns in the first place. It's uncommon for a HC to be fired by one team and rehired by another one right after that season.

LaChapelle
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Who Let The Soft Bitch Out
Oo Oo Aho