PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet **Official CP Playoff Tailgating Thread**

Pages : [1] 2

luv
01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Threads with pics from today's tailgate:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240028
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240023

The command Center and the CHIEFS WINnebago will be located at F24 by the crosswalk.

No charge for food as long as we have enough to go around. We can assure this by asking people to bring stuff and enough to share.
Bring your own beverage, or I believe Monty will have beer on tap.

Gates to the lot typically open at 8:30am.

Not sure about saving spaces to park around us. If there's space you're welcome to. If not, then you know where to find us.

I would also ask you to keep in mind that there will be several non-CP people there as well, so I think it would make them more comfortable if we went by something other than user names. Monty is, well, Monty, and I am LeAnn.

I know we have been discussing things in another thread, but I thought I could start one in case we need to update the OP for any reason. Monty, please let me know if I need to change any information.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm planning on being there with a friend of mine. I'd be happy to chip in for food or beer or both....I'll bring whatever you guys need.

luv
01-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm planning on being there with a friend of mine. I'd be happy to chip in for food or beer or both....I'll bring whatever you guys need.

Bring whatever you want. If you bring burgers or brats, you might bring buns to go with them. You you bring dip, bring chips to go with it. That sort of thing.

Monty
01-03-2011, 11:54 AM
No, I won't be selling beer from the tap. That is illegal.....therefore...

FREE BEER!!!!

Of course, if you want to bring your own, that would be fine too. :D

luv
01-03-2011, 11:57 AM
No, I won't be selling beer from the tap. That is illegal.....therefore...

FREE BEER!!!!

Of course, if you want to bring your own, that would be fine too. :D

DOH! Updated OP. We'll just say that people are welcome to bring donations, should they feel so inclined. ;)

Monty
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM

Bring a playoff win. I'm sure we'd take one of those. :D

Monty
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
DOH! Updated OP. We'll just say that people are welcome to bring donations, should they feel so inclined. ;)

Hehehe....it's all good. Thx for updating the OP.

Jameshowe1
01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll be there.... What should i bring

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Bring a playoff win. I'm sure we'd take one of those. :D

Let me see if I can find one cheap on Ebay. I've been looking for years with no luck.

Monty
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Let me see if I can find one cheap on Ebay. I've been looking for years with no luck.

:LOL:

grandllama
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
will be there with balls on

Phobia
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I am willing to donate some time making sure the tap works properly.

dedicatedfan
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I'll be there with my wife. Guru might be there too, if he finds a ticket. We will bring the usual stuff. If you need anything extra, let me know.

DaFace
01-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I should be there. Sounds like a fun party.

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2011, 01:13 PM
I will try and stop by.

Guru
01-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll be there with my wife. Guru might be there too, if he finds a ticket. We will bring the usual stuff. If you need anything extra, let me know.
working on that as we speak.

Monty
01-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I am willing to donate some time making sure the tap works properly.

Excellent. This is a proper example of how to give back to the community. ;)

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
The group I've been tailgating with lately hasn't been showing up until 10 or 10:30, and I don't think that's changing this week, so to take full advantage of the home playoff game (can't take these things for granted), I'm going to try showing up around 9 to hangout with the CP gang, then might wander around later.

I'll bring chips or some sort of snack to share, and maybe some beer.

What beer is on tap?

stevieray
01-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Excellent. This is a proper example of how to give back to the community. ;)
did you hear someone yell your name while you were waiting at the gate?

luv
01-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Our usual grill master will not be going. He's got obligations at church that he really can't put off another week. So, it looks like dad will be running our grill that day.

stevieray
01-03-2011, 02:50 PM
btw, kudos to luv and Monty for picking up the tailgating torch for the planetteers and running with it! very cool and generous!

:wayne:

DaFace
01-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to these gatherings, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but...

If there are gonna be a shit ton of people there (and it sounds like there might be), would it be completely lame and cheesy to have name tags for people? It might be nice to not have to constantly try and remember faces, usernames, and real names for people for those of us who haven't been around much before.

stevieray
01-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to these gatherings, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but...

If there are gonna be a shit ton of people there (and it sounds like there might be), would it be completely lame and cheesy to have name tags for people? It might be nice to not have to constantly try and remember faces, usernames, and real names for people for those of us who haven't been around much before.

it's a trap! he just wants go around and write banned and stick em on people..

DaFace
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
it's a trap! he just wants go around and write banned and stick em on people..

Heh...that would be pretty damn funny. Wonder how I can get a bunch of "banned" stickers printed up...

Phobia
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
You can wear a sticker if you want. I don't want anybody knowing who I am, necessarily.

WebGem
01-03-2011, 03:14 PM

LOL

Monty
01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
did you hear someone yell your name while you were waiting at the gate?

Yeah, I heard my name about 10 times.... :doh!:

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 03:17 PM

Probably won't have to worry about remembering faces.

It's going to be about 20 degrees during the tailgate, my guess is most folks will have their faces covered.

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 03:18 PM

I thought about mentioning that... Nzoner has name tags available at the bash every year, so it's not something completely unheard of for CP gatherings.

Phobia
01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, nametags are dumb. I remember people by the quality of beer they hand me.

stevieray
01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I heard my name about 10 times.... :doh!:

you were standing with another guy...we went by in a blue chevy and called your name out the back window..:doh!:

stevieray
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
You can wear a sticker if you want. I don't want anybody knowing who I am, necessarily.

ditto

DaFace
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
ditto

Heh. I bet no one will even recognize you...

Pawnmower
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Heh. I bet no one will even recognize you...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

If I was there I would ask for an autograph

Phobia
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

If I was there I would ask for an autograph

They're only $20.

Pestilence
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

So that's why you never said Hi to me. Next time I'll remember to give you some beer.

bevischief
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I might have to make a trip out for this thing.

bevischief
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Our usual grill master will not be going. He's got obligations at church that he really can't put off another week. So, it looks like dad will be running our grill that day.

What type of grill?

Phobia
01-03-2011, 05:23 PM
So that's why you never said Hi to me. Next time I'll remember to give you some beer.

You're a very fast learner.

Phobia
01-03-2011, 05:23 PM
What type of grill?

Fire. Metal grates.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I'll be wearing my Dane McCloud name tag.

luv
01-03-2011, 06:33 PM

I'm not really a big fan of the name tags. I dunno. Just too many none CP people to really consider just a CP tailgate, and I'd feel weird walking around a tailgate wearing a name tag.

WebGem
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not really a big fan of the name tags. I dunno. Just too many none CP people to really consider just a CP tailgate, and I'd feel weird walking around a tailgate wearing a name tag.

Someone should buy a box of the Price is Right nametags. Then I'd do it. Otherwise, no.

DaFace
01-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Fair enough. I'll just paint my face green so that people will know who I am. :D

(No, I'm not really going to do that.)

bevischief
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Fair enough. I'll just paint my face green so that people will know who I am. :D

ROFL if you did.

luv
01-03-2011, 07:29 PM

I'll just look for the guy who's head and shoulders above the rest. You're rather tall, aren't you?

stevieray
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM

eh, no harm no foul..joe's personal friends wear nametags at the bash's..all it does is make it easier to meet people...but it's luv's tailgate, so i'll defer to her.

DaFace
01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I'll just look for the guy who's head and shoulders above the rest. You're rather tall, aren't you?

Eh, tall, but not insanely so (6'4"). You can probably more easily identify me by the height differential between me and my wife. (She's 5'1".)

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Eh, tall, but not insanely so (6'4"). You can probably more easily identify me by the height differential between me and my wife. (She's 5'1".)

My guess is you'll be the tallest guy there not named Flopnuts.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Proportionately though, he's much taller than I am. :fire:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:41 PM
P.S - As of this moment Mrs. Flopnuts will be accompanying me.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh, and ClayWhit is riding with me too, but I have no idea what his tailgate plans are.

WebGem
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
P.S - As of this moment Mrs. Flopnuts will be accompanying me.

If you guys dress up as Mario and Princess and impersonate your avatar you can go without the nametags. Bring the 1 UP sign though.

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh, and ClayWhit is riding with me too, but I have no idea what his tailgate plans are.

You really want to subject the Mrs. to him for 3 hours each way?

Do you plan on getting blown EVER again?

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM

LMAO

I never really thought of that......................

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
If you guys dress up as Mario and Princess and impersonate your avatar you can go without the nametags. Bring the 1 UP sign though.

I've got that fucking 1-UP sign tatooed on my forehead, son!

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM

LMAO

He's dragging her out of bed at 5 am on a 20-degree Sunday. If blowjobs dry up I refuse to take the blame, especially seeing as how I'll be providing baked goods. If anything, I'm his savior.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
He's dragging her out of bed at 5 am on a 20-degree Sunday. If blowjobs dry up I refuse to take the blame, especially seeing as how I'll be providing baked goods. If anything, I'm his savior.

Cinnamon Rolls FTW!

Phobia
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll give you cinnamon rolls, a rack of ribs, and pay for your gas if you don't give him a ride.

Guru
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I might have to make a trip out for this thing.

Sent you a PM.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM

So, I gotta bring a sixer of Coors Light.

Phobia
01-03-2011, 08:27 PM
So, I gotta bring a sixer of Coors Light.

If you can convince your wife to wear a low-cut v-neck I'll remember you.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 08:28 PM

I'm 6'6" when I'm wearing my 2 inch heels. Wait....did I say that out loud?

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 08:30 PM
If you can convince your wife to wear a low-cut v-neck I'll remember you.

I'll tape one to my chest.......she's staying home.

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
That's one helluva list if everyone can make it & ends up stopping by the tailgate (and I'm probably missing several)...

luv
Monty
Mr. Plow
Jameshowe1
grandllama
dedicatedfan
DaFace
OnTheWarpath58
Mr. Flopnuts
ClayWhit
Iowanian
TinyEvel
Bob Dole
stevieray
ArrowheadHawk
Guru
bevischief

luv
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
eh, no harm no foul..joe's personal friends wear nametags at the bash's..all it does is make it easier to meet people...but it's luv's tailgate, so i'll defer to her.

I don't mean to make rules or ultimatums. I'm just trying to think of people who aren't CP members. People are welcome to do what they wish. I was just giving an opinion.

KurtCobain
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
She just doesn't want me to get the pleasure of introducing myself as Kurt Cobain.

I see how it is.

Lzen
01-03-2011, 08:56 PM

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll give you cinnamon rolls, a rack of ribs, and pay for your gas if you don't give him a ride.

LMAO

Lzen
01-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Mrs Lzen and I will try to make it by the CP tailgate. But we gotta be at a old friend's tailgate first. We were supposed to make it to his tailgate at the Titans game but that got all messed up. So, I really gotta hang with him for awhile first thing. But I also don't wanna miss this great CP tailgate, either.

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I will certainly swing by and will have a non CP'er in tow.

<--- fat guy in a Moeaki Jersey

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
That's one helluva list if everyone can make it & ends up stopping by the tailgate (and I'm probably missing several)...

luv
Monty
Mr. Plow
Jameshowe1
grandllama
dedicatedfan
DaFace
OnTheWarpath58
Mr. Flopnuts
ClayWhit
Iowanian
TinyEvel
Bob Dole
stevieray
ArrowheadHawk
Guru
bevischief

I would assume that Bowser would be there as well.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
So, I really gotta hand with him for awhile. But I also don't wanna miss this great tailgate, either.

Can you hand with me for awhile too? Afterall, Mrs. Plow isn't coming. :p

Lzen
01-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Can you hand with me for awhile too? Afterall, Mrs. Plow isn't coming. :p

Someone has been watching American Pie 2. :shake:

Lzen
01-03-2011, 09:06 PM

Awwwww.....damn it!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM

ROFL The ribs alone make that a damn tempting proposition.

luv
01-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Awesome. I know his wife has good taste in beer. :D

ReynardMuldrake
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I will definately be stopping by to say 'hi'. Can't wait.

dedicatedfan
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Papasmurf on the grill. This will be good.

spida_man23
01-03-2011, 11:36 PM
im coming by with Joey thomas for a min, gunna have beer. MAN GO RAVENS!

ChiefsrGood
01-04-2011, 04:11 AM
cya all there

Phobia
01-04-2011, 04:13 AM
cya all there

Nametags just became mandatory.

ChiefsrGood
01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Nametags just became mandatory.

are you making brisket?

Phobia
01-04-2011, 04:28 AM
No.

Monty
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
The beer on tap will be Michelob Ultra. This is my wife's favorite, but it's really pretty good from the keg. I prefer a darker beer, but will defer. We're also cooking something with chicken...will update later once a decision is made.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
The beer on tap will be Michelob Ultra. This is my wife's favorite, but it's really pretty good from the keg. I prefer a darker beer, but will defer. We're also cooking something with chicken...will update later once a decision is made.

You gonna call me Ari again? :p

Monty
01-04-2011, 10:03 AM
You gonna call me Ari again? :p

:LOL: Maybe we do need nametags.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone know how they direct parking in Lot N? (Cash lot)

I usually park in the picnic area parking caddy-corner to Lots G/H.

But if the tailgate is moving down to F24, I'd prefer to park in the cash lot on the other side of the crosswalk. Our seats are on that side of the stadium anyway.

Just wondering what gate I should enter, and if the parking nazis force you into a specific area, or if I'll be able to park where I like.

luv
01-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Anyone know how they direct parking in Lot N? (Cash lot)

I usually park in the picnic area parking caddy-corner to Lots G/H.

But if the tailgate is moving down to F24, I'd prefer to park in the cash lot on the other side of the crosswalk. Our seats are on that side of the stadium anyway.

Just wondering what gate I should enter, and if the parking nazis force you into a specific area, or if I'll be able to park where I like.

We come in Gate 5 and go left. They aren't going to stop you if you pull up over the median and park along the road. Even if you do go to wear the lot entrance is, I don't think they'll stop you fro going to one of the spots along the road. What time are you getting there?

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
We come in Gate 5 and go left. They are going to stop you if you pull up over the median and park along the road. Even if you do go to wear the lot entrance is, I don't think they'll stop you fro going to one of the spots along the road. What time are you getting there?

I'd like to be there when the gates open.

I'm used to getting there around 8:15 and being one of the first 25 or so cars in line for picnic parking off of Stadium Drive/Lot 6.

I usually do this - follow the yellow line:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11jqi6s.jpg

luv
01-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd like to be there when the gates open.

I'm used to getting there around 8:15 and being one of the first 25 or so cars in line for picnic parking off of Stadium Drive/Lot 6.

I usually do this - follow the yellow line:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11jqi6s.jpg

Just a note, I meant to say they aren't going to stop you if you pull over the curb.

Anyway, I forgot that you will come in from the north. Probably easier for you to come in gate 6 and go all the way down to that last lot N entrance. I'm not sure if they do the cone thing to guide cars over there or not. If not, just ignore any parking people and drive along the edge of the lot until you see us across the way.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Just a note, I meant to say they aren't going to stop you if you pull over the curb.

Anyway, I forgot that you will come in from the north. Probably easier for you to come in gate 6 and go all the way down to that last lot N entrance. I'm not sure if they do the cone thing to guide cars over there or not. If not, just ignore any parking people and drive along the edge of the lot until you see us across the way.

Well, we're staying in the city this time, so we'll be coming from the west.

What's traffic like on the Gate 5 side?

luv
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM

I'm not sure I can tell you what it is compared to what you're used to. We typically get there at about 7:15, and we average being about 5th in line. I drove up for the Bills game this year, and, when we arrived at 8:30, the line was all the way back to Raytown road and up a little ways towards Gate 4.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure I can tell you what it is compared to what you're used to. We typically get there at about 7:15, and we average being about 5th in line. I drove up for the Bills game this year, and, when we arrived at 8:30, the line was all the way back to Raytown road and up a little ways towards Gate 4.

Fuck.

Guess I'll talk to Tiny and see what he wants to do.

Lzen
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM

We came in from the west for the Titans game. Got off I-70 at Manchester Trafficway and went in Gate 6, IIRC. Got in pretty quickly considering that it was about 10am when we arrived at the stadium. I think the bitter cold weather was the reason for that. But they did have cones and guided us in Lot N. Will be parking there once again.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
We came in from the west for the Titans game. Got off I-70 at Manchester Trafficway and went in Gate 6, IIRC. Got in pretty quickly considering that it was about 10am when we arrived at the stadium. I think the bitter cold weather was the reason for that. But they did have cones and guided us in Lot N. Will be parking there once again.

So they basically told you where to park once in the lot, or were you free to take any available spot?

luv
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Fuck.

Guess I'll talk to Tiny and see what he wants to do.

The early bird gets the good spot?

Wish I could help you.

What we do is come in Gate 5, go left, drive up over the median, have someone get out to move a cone, drive far enough onto the lot to turn around and drive back onto the median facing the road (makes for easy exit). To do that on the Lot F side, you have to be there early.

Actually, you might talk to guru. I believe him and dedicatedfan (who parks next to us) come in Gate 6, and I think they get there much closer to 8:30 than we do. They might be able to tell you more about entering from that side.

Lzen
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
So they basically told you where to park once in the lot, or were you free to take any available spot?

We were free to take any spot once in the lot.

Bowser
01-04-2011, 11:54 AM
We always go in Gate 6, and there is very rarely a backup. However, all bets are off with it being a playoff game.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
We always go in Gate 6, and there is very rarely a backup. However, all bets are off with it being a playoff game.

Gate 6 the way I go, or Gate 6 from the West?

Bowser
01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Gate 6 the way I go, or Gate 6 from the West?

I assume you loop around and come in off of Stadium Drive? That's the way I was meaning.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
How do I get to gate 6 coming from 435?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< n00b

Bowser
01-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Are you going north or south on 435 as you head towards the stadiums?

ArrowheadMagic
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Go up the hill to stadium drive and take a right, follow road from there. Its the 1st gate you come in. Park in N for all games. You can park wherever you want.

Provided you are coming from the south.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Are you going north or south on 435 as you head towards the stadiums?

Fuck I don't know. I'm coming from Springfield, man. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Go up the hill to stadium drive and take a right, follow road from there. Its the 1st gate you come in. Park in N for all games. You can park wherever you want.

Provided you are coming from the south.

Cool. Thanks man.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I assume you loop around and come in off of Stadium Drive? That's the way I was meaning.

435 South to East 23rd.

East 23rd to Blue Ridge Blvd.

BRB to 40 Hwy.

40 Hwy to Stadium Drive.

Stadium Drive to picnic parking entrance just northeast of Gate 6.

Bowser
01-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Fuck I don't know. I'm coming from Springfield, man. LMAO

Your best bet would be to static line jump out of one of the many planes carrying banners flying over the parking lot. Save you the whole getting directions thing.

Actually, that would be fucking epic. You should do this. Hell, I may do this.....

luv
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM

If you're going north on 435 from Springfield, you'll take the Stadium Drive exit. To get to Gate 6, I believe you take that up to the stop sign and turn right. To get to Gate 5, you take the exit off of the exit that goes to Raytown Road. That takes you right to Gate 5.

Bowser
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
435 South to East 23rd.

East 23rd to Blue Ridge Blvd.

BRB to 40 Hwy.

40 Hwy to Stadium Drive.

Stadium Drive to picnic parking entrance just northeast of Gate 6.

Ah, gotcha. We usually go in the actual gate entrance, not that grass entrance just up the road. And you go the OTHER way - we get off at 23rd, take right then immediate left, then follow Raytown road to Stadium and take a left. (They have had that section of Stadium closed all fall, so we take a left and go through the industrial complex just to the north of Stadium. Adds all of two minutes to the drive.)

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Ah, gotcha. We usually go in the actual gate entrance, not that grass entrance just up the road. And you go the OTHER way - we get off at 23rd, take right then immediate left, then follow Raytown road to Stadium and take a left. (They have had that section of Stadium closed all fall, so we take a left and go through the industrial complex just to the north of Stadium. Adds all of two minutes to the drive.)

So, coming from the city, I guess I'll get off at Manchester Trafficway and take that to Stadium Dr?

Bowser
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
So, coming from the city, I guess I'll get off at Manchester Trafficway and take that to Stadium Dr?

I believe that sounds right. I will preface that statement by saying I've never tried to go that way. Hopefully that will save you from having to circle up north and back down again.

ArrowheadMagic
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Check construction. It has been closed for a part of the year. If its open then yes, that would be the way to go.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Check construction. It has been closed for a part of the year. If its open then yes, that would be the way to go.

Shit.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe I'll do a dress rehearsal on Friday before picking Tiny up at KCI.

stevieray
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
it's open...stadium drive is the light right down from sportz nutz.

you guys are making it sound harder than it is.

Guru
01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
This is how we come into the stadium coming in from Topeka OTW...

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=I-70+E&amp;daddr=39.0568487,-94.5216166+to:Lancer+Ln&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FaAxVAIdV6ld-g%3BFdD1UwId8LZd-imJv-ETKOXAhzGhL8mWTrHXQA%3BFVjZUwIdhjVe-g&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=0&amp;mrsp=2&amp;sz=14&amp;via=1&amp;sll=39.050919,-94.485254&amp;sspn=0.041659,0.078278&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=39.057717,-94.508343&amp;spn=0.046254,0.072956&amp;z=13&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=I-70+E&amp;daddr=39.0568487,-94.5216166+to:Lancer+Ln&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FaAxVAIdV6ld-g%3BFdD1UwId8LZd-imJv-ETKOXAhzGhL8mWTrHXQA%3BFVjZUwIdhjVe-g&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=0&amp;mrsp=2&amp;sz=14&amp;via=1&amp;sll=39.050919,-94.485254&amp;sspn=0.041659,0.078278&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=39.057717,-94.508343&amp;spn=0.046254,0.072956&amp;z=13" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
Much quicker than Manchester trafficway and you don't have to deal with construction at all. We would have never known about this entrance if it hadn't been for the construction. We prefer it now.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:44 PM
it's open...stadium drive is the light right down from sportz nutz.

you guys are making it sound harder than it is.

From 40 Hwy, yes.

We're talking about the other end, at Manchester Trafficway.

According to the Chiefs, that end of Stadium Drive is closed.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arrowhead/parking-and-tailgating.html

Arrowhead Construction Update
Continued construction has closed Stadium Drive

As a result, Gate 5, already one of the busiest entries to complex, has increased volume

Chiefs and the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) have some new parking instructions, which may vary from what is printed on parking pass

Primarily impacts those entering the stadium from East/Northbound I-435 (inbound from Johnson County, KS)

Guru
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
From 40 Hwy, yes.

If you follow our route and get there by 8:15 you are golden.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 12:54 PM

And you park in Lot N across from Luv?

Monty
01-04-2011, 12:57 PM

This. Stadium Drive is open. I drove it last week.

dedicatedfan
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
The early bird gets the good spot?

Wish I could help you.

What we do is come in Gate 5, go left, drive up over the median, have someone get out to move a cone, drive far enough onto the lot to turn around and drive back onto the median facing the road (makes for easy exit). To do that on the Lot F side, you have to be there early.

Actually, you might talk to guru. I believe him and dedicatedfan (who parks next to us) come in Gate 6, and I think they get there much closer to 8:30 than we do. They might be able to tell you more about entering from that side.

We usually get there between 8:00a.m. and 8:15a.m., but this time we will get there earlier. There's a lot chatter about this game. I'm expecting a long line at all the gates.

Guru
01-04-2011, 01:04 PM
And you park in Lot N across from Luv?

Actually we park right next to Luv on the grass. Of course, we have a red parking pass so they don't try to redirect us at all. Not sure what they would do for the cash lot. You can ignore the parking Nazis though and just drive around the edge of lot N until you get to the F24 crosswalk. Or you can just pull over the median grass before you get to the Lot N entrance.

Guru
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
We usually get there between 8:00a.m. and 8:15a.m., but this time we will get there earlier. There's a lot chatter about this game. I'm expecting a long line at all the gates.

So we are leaving before 7 now? Inquiring minds NEED to know.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
So we are leaving before 7 now? Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Are you for sure going?

Guru
01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Are you for sure going?The percentage is going up but it is not 100% yet. I'm waiting to hear from a buddy of mine who is trying to get the day off from work to go. If he can't get it off then the opportunity goes to BevisChief. If neither one of them can go, I may be screwed.

I am hoping to have it ironed out before 6pm.

luv
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
OTW58, I'm sending you a pm.

dedicatedfan
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
The percentage is going up but it is not 100% yet. I'm waiting to hear from a buddy of mine who is trying to get the day off from work to go. If he can't get it off then the opportunity goes to BevisChief. If neither one of them can go, I may be screwed.

I am hoping to have it ironed out before 6pm.

You are far from screwed. I have thought of a couple more if the ones in line now don't work out.

Lzen
01-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Shit.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe I'll do a dress rehearsal on Friday before picking Tiny up at KCI.

Manchester Trfwy construction was completed in October.

Lzen
01-04-2011, 02:47 PM
From 40 Hwy, yes.

Not sure what that's all about, but we were able to get in pretty easily from Manchester at the Titans game.

Extra Point
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
How much does it cost to park in the grass?

ArrowheadMagic
01-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Not sure what that's all about, but we were able to get in pretty easily from Manchester at the Titans game.

They opened it for the Broncos game and closed it after. Was supposed to open for good in late dec. But havent paid attention since I use 435 S. Didnt notice anyone driving that way after the last 2 games. But we stay and tailgate after the games in order to wait for traffic to die down.

joesomebody
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
I'll at least stop by. Was a great set up last time, and was good to see everyone. I'm with a pretty good sized group of non-Planeteers, so I probably won't stay long.

Rukdafaidas
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I'll at least stop by. Was a great set up last time, and was good to see everyone. I'm with a pretty good sized group of non-Planeteers, so I probably won't stay long.

Same here. I'm traveling with a group of non-planeteers, but will probably stop by and say hello.

luv
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
How much does it cost to park in the grass?

Driving a car, truck, or SUV? $22

Hog Farmer
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Driving a car, truck, or SUV? $22

I don't think that's what he meant!

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Can somebody take the map of parking and put a red x where the tailgate is gonna be please. I've only been to a few games and usually just do what the GPS tells me to.

SLAG
01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
hey I think my buddy and I are going to stop by

luv
01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Can somebody take the map of parking and put a red x where the tailgate is gonna be please. I've only been to a few games and usually just do what the GPS tells me to.

Little yellow X on the outskirts of Lot F.

wazu
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Why F24? Why not just hold the tailgate on the shoulder of Northbound I-435?

luv
01-04-2011, 11:43 PM

Let me guess. Gold parking pass?

We've tailgated there for years. It's easy access for us, and we pay cash to park. Monty offered to come over and join us for this game. I never asked anyone to move. If you want to put something together closer to the stadium, go ahead.

Bearcat
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Yeah, that's like a 3 minute walk! And what if your seat is on the other side of the stadium? You could end up walking upwards of a third of a mile! That's almost 10 miles!

Bowser
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
What's the weather forecast for Sunday? Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

Count Zarth
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
What's the weather forecast for Sunday? Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

38 and snow right now.

ArrowheadHawk
01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Little yellow X on the outskirts of Lot F.

Thanks

Bowser
01-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I would also ask you to keep in mind that there will be several non-CP people there as well, so I think it would make them more comfortable if we went by something other than user names. Monty is, well, Monty, and I am LeAnn.

That jsut means we get to make names up for those people.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Given all of the threads about unwashed hands and routine touching of one's own man parts in odd locations....Pardon me if I'm listed as "Questionable" on hand shaking.

Kraus
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm a little late to the thread, but you can count my girlfriend and I in. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some CP'ers I've gamed with before in person.

I'll kind of be out of the loop though, the only people I've met in person are Luv and Flopnuts.

I am kind of disappointed Plow's wife isn't going to be there.... :(

Monty
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
That jsut means we get to make names up for those people.

I wouldn't mind a different user name. Just never took the time to come up with something.

stevieray
01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't mind a different user name. Just never took the time to come up with something.

Montague!

Monty
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Montague!

:doh!: :LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm a little late to the thread, but you can count my girlfriend and I in. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some CP'ers I've gamed with before in person.

I'll kind of be out of the loop though, the only people I've met in person are Luv and Flopnuts.

Right on, man! Look forward to seeing you again. Can you have your girl predict another Flowers pick for us. TIA.

luv
01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Right on, man! Look forward to seeing you again. Can you have your girl predict another Flowers pick for us. TIA.

That's what I thought when I read his post, too.

Kraus
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll see if she can hopefully predict something even bigger this time.

JASONSAUTO
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM

This post in itself is funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kraus
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Dammit :doh!:

JOhn
01-06-2011, 05:11 AM

Oh man, that's just so easy I'll leave it alone. :evil:

Mr. Plow
01-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Kraus
01-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Plow is going to kick my ass.

Mr. Plow
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Plow is going to kick my ass.

Like everything else good in my life, my wife eventually starts to take it over so it becomes hers, not mine. I should of expected CP would be no different. LMAO

Kraus
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
It'll be nice to finally meet you.

Mr. Plow
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
It'll be nice to finally meet you.

You probably won't say that after meeting me.

Simply Red
01-06-2011, 02:28 PM

oh yes he will, shnookums.

luv
01-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh, c'mon. Who could resist this face?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=841

Mr. Plow
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, c'mon. Who could resist this face?

Thanks for reminding me of that. LMAO

Mr. Plow
01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
oh yes he will, shnookums.

LMAO

stevieray
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
tailgate is being overrun with psychos. I'll get Dole there, then you're on your own.

Bob Dole
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
tailgate is being overrun with psychos. I'll get Dole there, then you're on your own.

Hey! Wait just a minute...

stevieray
01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey! Wait just a minute...

:p

Extra Point
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

DaFace
01-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, shite. It's starting to look like I-70 could be a tough drive on Sunday/Monday. I'm not in the mood to make the drive take even longer...

Extra Point
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, shite. It's starting to look like I-70 could be a tough drive on Sunday/Monday. I'm not in the mood to make the drive take even longer...

Hope to see you, all the same.

I'm looking forward to a victory cheer beer, or drowning my sorrows, afterward. Thawing out some beef ribs that I'll smoke on Saturday. What kind of fixins will be brought by all, thus far?

ReynardMuldrake
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Depends on if it sticks/ices. Here's hoping the roads stay clear.

dtebbe
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm heading up for the game, any chance someone might have a little room at their tailgate for me? I'd be happy to PayPal over a few $$ for extra food & beer :). May bring a bunch of (now) vintage Dammit Carl T-Shirts to give away LMAO

DT

Bearcat
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
FWIW, I grabbed a couple bags of chips and a Boulevard 12 pack sampler, so if I could exchange that stuff for some food off the grill, that would be great. kthxbye.

luv
01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
FWIW, I grabbed a couple bags of chips and a Boulevard 12 pack sampler, so if I could exchange that stuff for some food off the grill, that would be great. kthxbye.

Has the sampler changed at all with the new beers that are out? You know you're always welcome to food off our grill.

Bearcat
01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Has the sampler changed at all with the new beers that are out? You know you're always welcome to food off our grill.

Two of each: Pale Ale, Single Wide IPA, Amber Ale, Wheat, Bully! Porter, and Irish Ale.... I didn't know Irish Ale was available, so that's cool.

I'm usually not a big beer drinker on game days, because I like staying in (or standing in front of) my seat the entire game and not running to the bathroom... but, with so many good ones to choose from... :)

(not a fan of the Amber Ale though)

luv
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Two of each: Pale Ale, Single Wide IPA, Amber Ale, Wheat, Bully! Porter, and Irish Ale.... I didn't know Irish Ale was available, so that's cool.

I'm usually not a big beer drinker on game days, because I like staying in (or standing in front of) my seat the entire game and not running to the bathroom... but, with so many good ones to choose from... :)

(not a fan of the Amber Ale though)

I'll gladly trade food for you Amber Ale. Me lika.

Bowser
01-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm heading up for the game, any chance someone might have a little room at their tailgate for me? I'd be happy to PayPal over a few $$ for extra food & beer :). May bring a bunch of (now) vintage Dammit Carl T-Shirts to give away LMAO

DT

For God's sake, just get your ass to the tailgate! What kind of beer/drink is your preference, because I think I may owe you a few of that, lol

dtebbe
01-07-2011, 12:05 AM
For God's sake, just get your ass to the tailgate! What kind of beer/drink is your preference, because I think I may owe you a few of that, lol

Ok.. you twisted my arm... I'll drink about anything.. except Coors

chiefsofVA
01-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Coming to KC sunday to see my ill grandmother..however i was curious if anyone tailgates the entire time and watches the game tailgating as i cant afford tickets but would love to watch the game with chiefs fans in the parking lot. Will chip in on beer and food tho

wazu
01-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Let me guess. Gold parking pass?

We've tailgated there for years. It's easy access for us, and we pay cash to park. Monty offered to come over and join us for this game. I never asked anyone to move. If you want to put something together closer to the stadium, go ahead.

No, usually a red pass, though. As for putting something together, if I don't have the energy to walk all the way over to F24, there's just about no chance I'm going to expend the effort to "put something together".

Tell you what, though. If we get really, really, really bored, my group will make the trek. We won't, but if we do, we will.

Monty
01-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Ok.. you twisted my arm... I'll drink about anything.. except Coors

This. I'm not a beer snob, but just can't drink it anymore.

BTW, Mrs. Monty has stepped up and is making Jalapeno Poppers. :D

bevischief
01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Coming to KC sunday to see my ill grandmother..however i was curious if anyone tailgates the entire time and watches the game tailgating as i cant afford tickets but would love to watch the game with chiefs fans in the parking lot. Will chip in on beer and food tho

That was my plan till a ticket found me.

luv
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
No, usually a red pass, though. As for putting something together, if I don't have the energy to walk all the way over to F24, there's just about no chance I'm going to expend the effort to "put something together".

Tell you what, though. If we get really, really, really bored, my group will make the trek. We won't, but if we do, we will.

Great! We look forward to not seeing you.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Huh. What a bizarrely douchey post.

Mr. Plow
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
If I have nothing better to do.....I won't.....and I have nobody better to hang out with.....I won't.....I'll see about coming over for a minute or two before kickoff.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Huh. What a bizarrely douchey post.

Yeah. I don't know if he was A. Drunk. B. Taking a shot at Luv, Or C. Pissing on chiefsplanet. Fuck off regardless though.

luv
01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah. I don't know if he was A. Drunk. B. Taking a shot at Luv, Or C. Pissing on chiefsplanet. Fuck off regardless though.

I think he was taking a shot at me. My Gold Lot comment was kind of a shot at him to start with when he questioned why we were so far out.

Kraus
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
So can a bring some things to throw on the grill? I'll probably bring some Boulevard Wheat too.

JASONSAUTO
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
If I have nothing better to do.....I won't.....and I have nobody better to hang out with.....I won't.....I'll see about coming over for a minute or two before kickoff.

me too if thats ok....

luv
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
So can a bring some things to throw on the grill? I'll probably bring some Boulevard Wheat too.

We've got our big grill and a small backup grill. I'm sure the same would go for Monty, but I can only speak for what we've got. Anyone who brings stuff is welcome to use a grill.

Monty
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
We've got our big grill and a small backup grill. I'm sure the same would go for Monty, but I can only speak for what we've got. Anyone who brings stuff is welcome to use a grill.

We have a Coleman gas grill that anyone can use to cook. whatever food they bring. Also if there is any specific music that you'd like to hear, I have a CD player. See ya then.

ChiefsrGood
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I'll bring the lime jello

DaFace
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Damn weather. I was getting nervous about getting stranded in Western Kansas, so we're flying into Wichita and renting a car to drive up instead. This trip's getting expensive. :sulk:

Oh well. If they win, it'll be worth it. If not...hopefully the tailgate's fun. :shrug:

gman1220
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
i love lime jello of my wifes couche

luv
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Damn weather. I was getting nervous about getting stranded in Western Kansas, so we're flying into Wichita and renting a car to drive up instead. This trip's getting expensive. :sulk:

Oh well. If they win, it'll be worth it. If not...hopefully the tailgate's fun. :shrug:

Hopefully? I'm actually breaking out the camera for this weekend.

ArrowheadHawk
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Why wouldn't you just fly to KC?

Guru
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Why not just fly to KC. I would imagine the trip to and from Wichita will have snow issues as well.

luv
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
And safe travels to DaFace and everyone else coming in from out of town. We only have a three hour drive from where we're at.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Why wouldn't you just fly to KC?

Why not just fly to KC. I would imagine the trip to and from Wichita will have snow issues as well.

DEN-MCI - $419 (x2)
DEN-ICT - $157 (x2)

And yes, it'll be snowy to Wichita, but the worst of it's supposed to be up around Hays. I'm OK with driving 30mph for 4-5 hours if I have to. I'm not OK with driving 30mph for 15-20 hours. Plus, we'll get to see some family in Wichita for a bit.

Guru
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
DEN-MCI - $419 (x2)
DEN-ICT - $157 (x2)

And yes, it'll be snowy to Wichita, but the worst of it's supposed to be up around Hays. I'm OK with driving 30mph for 4-5 hours if I have to. I'm not OK with driving 30mph for 15-20 hours. Plus, we'll get to see some family in Wichita for a bit.

Holy crap!!! I would sure like to know how they justify the expense to KC.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Holy crap!!! I would sure like to know how they justify the expense to KC.

It's probably supply and demand related. My guess is that most of the flights to KC are booked up by people flying in for the game.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
P.S. All of the whiney bitches who aren't going to the game because of the cold and snow can officially STFU.

ArrowheadHawk
01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
P.S. All of the whiney bitches who aren't going to the game because of the cold and snow can officially STFU.

:thumb:

Guru
01-07-2011, 03:04 PM
It won't shock me at all to see no snow in KC at all.

luv
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
It's probably supply and demand related. My guess is that most of the flights to KC are booked up by people flying in for the game.

When are you flying in?

Mr. Plow
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
DEN-MCI - $419 (x2)
DEN-ICT - $157 (x2)

Have a safe flight & drive. I'm driving up at 4:30a fucking m on Sunday and hoping the roads aren't bad.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 03:07 PM
When are you flying in?

We'll hit Wichita around 12:30, then head to KC. Probably get to my friend's place at around 4 or 5.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Have a safe flight & drive. I'm driving up at 4:30a fucking m on Sunday and hoping the roads aren't bad.

From what I'm seeing, you should be OK. It looks to me like Sunday night is when it could get a little messy.

DaFace
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
By the way, in case anyone wonders why driving ain't a good idea:

* TIMING: A PERIOD OF LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE CHANGING TO LIGHT
SNOW IS POSSIBLE EARLY SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
BY SUNDAY EVENING, IT IS LIKELY SNOW RATES WILL SIGNIFICANTLY
INCREASE WITH INTENSE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4-8 INCHES
OVERNIGHT. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 8 INCHES COULD BE
POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY NEAR THE INTERSTATE 70 CORRIDOR FROM
MIDNIGHT SUNDAY, THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON MONDAY.

* MAIN IMPACT: HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW COULD MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE.

* OTHER IMPACTS: LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE SUNDAY MORNING IN ADVANCE
OF THE SNOWFALL EVENT MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO CREATE SLICK
SURFACES.

Bearcat
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
It's up to 50% for snow... windchill between 10-15 degrees at 9am and 20-25 during the game.

Looks like KC is on the outer edge of it for Sunday...

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day3_3usc_enus_440x297.jpg

...then more of a sure thing for Monday...

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day4_3usc_enus_440x297.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
If that forecast holds true, I'm not going to have much choice but to get back to STL after the game. Looks like it's only going to get uglier if I wait.

Oh, and BTW, I just got into town, and it's fucking windy here. 30+ gusts.

Count Zarth
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
It's up to 50% for snow... windchill between 10-15 degrees at 9am and 20-25 during the game.

Looks like KC is on the outer edge of it for Sunday...

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day3_3usc_enus_440x297.jpg

...then more of a sure thing for Monday...

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day4_3usc_enus_440x297.jpg

Jesus.

I am going full nanook of the north on this bitch

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Sorry to say that I won't be there. Ya'll make some noise for me!

Bearcat
01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry to say that I won't be there. Ya'll make some noise for me!

:eek:

:sulk:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 09:48 PM
:eek:

:sulk:

Me too. Pretty much had to sell my tickets to fix my car. Hopefully this is the start of a long run.

Count Zarth
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
If there is a god, the Chiefs will win this game for Flopnuts' sacrifice.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to steal a couple off of Ebay or something. I won't give up until it's literally too late.

Bearcat
01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to steal a couple off of Ebay or something. I won't give up until it's literally too late.

What's your budget? Don't know what you paid before, but there are some on TicketExchange for ~$50/ea (plus fees, probably more like $60-65 each), which is about $35/ea cheaper than earlier this week.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
What's your budget? Don't know what you paid before, but there are some on TicketExchange for ~$50/ea (plus fees, probably more like $60-65 each), which is about $35/ea cheaper than earlier this week.

I need to keep it pretty limited. I've got pretty much $100 tops to drive up there (which Clay said he'd cover if I drove him), drive back, park, and get in. I really shouldn't be doing this at all, but I chalk it up to a healthy crack like addiction.

Jayhawkerman2001
01-07-2011, 10:29 PM
ill be there with a buddy of mine!! Going to be awesome to see my first in person playoff game!!!

Bearcat
01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I need to keep it pretty limited. I've got pretty much $100 tops to drive up there (which Clay said he'd cover if I drove him), drive back, park, and get in. I really shouldn't be doing this at all, but I chalk it up to a healthy crack like addiction.

Are you only looking for pairs? I know it's impossible to know when women really don't care, but if your wife really doesn't care, you can find a single for ~$50-60.

I'll let you know if I run into any good deals.

wazu
01-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I think he was taking a shot at me. My Gold Lot comment was kind of a shot at him to start with when he questioned why we were so far out.

No! Was more just whining that I'm never going to get my crew over to the ChiefsPlanet tailgate. Mixed with smart-assery I can see how it sounded.

I've got a long-time tailgate group of buddies. Many years ago I told them we should start aiming for "B5" cause that was where ChiefsPlanet went. I would periodically meet planeteers over there. I think that tailgate kinda dispersed over time, but mine stayed.

I actually am serious when I say this: If we end up anywhere near F24, I want to stop by. My brother is in town and he's a CPer as well, so for once I won't be the only one wanting to meet some of the online people. Thing is, I'm usually also organizing and cooking, so getting away isn't always so easy without kind of snubbing my buddies who come in from out of town.

Now, the question as to why I didn't just say that? I'm and idiot. (And I was drunk.)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
No! Was more just whining that I'm never going to get my crew over to the ChiefsPlanet tailgate. Mixed with smart-assery I can see how it sounded.

I've got a long-time tailgate group of buddies. Many years ago I told them we should start aiming for "B5" cause that was where ChiefsPlanet went. I would periodically meet planeteers over there. I think that tailgate kinda dispersed over time, but mine stayed.

I actually am serious when I say this: If we end up anywhere near F24, I want to stop by. My brother is in town and he's a CPer as well, so for once I won't be the only one wanting to meet some of the online people. Thing is, I'm usually also organizing and cooking, so getting away isn't always so easy without kind of snubbing my buddies who come in from out of town.

Now, the question as to why I didn't just say that? I'm and idiot. (And I was drunk.)

Well I for one feel like shit. Sorry for the fuck off....................

:)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Are you only looking for pairs? I know it's impossible to know when women really don't care, but if your wife really doesn't care, you can find a single for ~$50-60.

I'll let you know if I run into any good deals.

Wife doesn't care. Genuinely. If you see something, give me a holler. I appreciate it.

Bearcat
01-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Wife doesn't care. Genuinely. If you see something, give me a holler. I appreciate it.

There's a single on Ticket Exchange...

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Tickets-at-Arrowhead-Stadium-in-Kansas-City?PID=1073885

I clicked through to the fees and it's $60.15 (listed as $48 :cuss: ).

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Heh, sorry for all the drama. I'm back in. I just got 2 tickets and a Red Parking pass off of Ebay for $112. Clay, we fucking ride!

DaFace
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Heh, sorry for all the drama. I'm back in. I just got 2 tickets and a Red Parking pass off of Ebay for $112. Clay, we fucking ride!

:rockon:

Guru
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Heh, sorry for all the drama. I'm back in. I just got 2 tickets and a Red Parking pass off of Ebay for $112. Clay, we ****ing ride!Guess this means they can play the game now eh?:evil:

stevieray
01-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Heh, sorry for all the drama. I'm back in. I just got 2 tickets and a Red Parking pass off of Ebay for $112. Clay, we ****ing ride!

who are you again..?

we need to hook up....got something for you.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
who are you again..?

we need to hook up....got something for you.

Dude. You know I need my Stevieray playoff picture. This is a total must. I hope you'll allow me to get one. I try to do it every game, but this is a much special occasion.

Buehler445
01-07-2011, 11:08 PM
We'll hit Wichita around 12:30, then head to KC. Probably get to my friend's place at around 4 or 5.

So you've switched from driving to flying? Probably a good idea, but I was kind of hoping they'd shut down I-70 at Goodland and you'd be forced to visit me :D

Be safe man, and dress waaaaay warmer than you ever thought you'd need to.

luv
01-08-2011, 01:07 AM

So, I reserved a ride for nothing?

stevieray
01-08-2011, 07:53 AM
So, I reserved a ride for nothing?no, it was a nice gesture.

DaFace
01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I found this in my "game day" jacket this morning as I was packing.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/445/16835257276250781062900.jpg (http://img831.imageshack.us/i/16835257276250781062900.jpg/)

Interesting that I'll see the Ravens at Arrowhead twice in a row. Regardless, it's been far too long...

Count Zarth
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM

WE ROLLIN

http://www.greaterthings.com/images/People/washington_delaware.jpg

(sorry luv, hope I didn't cause any inconvenience)

TinyEvel
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Luv, OTWP and I will be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Flopnuts, I have your sunglasses from last time to give back to you, lol.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2011, 10:18 AM
So, I reserved a ride for nothing?

I'm sorry dear. I hope you understand. I had to try and look out for him when things were turning bad for me.

Luv, OTWP and I will be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Flopnuts, I have your sunglasses from last time to give back to you, lol.

LMAO I forgot about those. Good news too, because the cheap pair I bought to replace them broke this last week. Suhweet!

luv
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Luv will not be drinking much tomorrow.

KurtCobain
01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Luv will not be drinking much tomorrow.

Joey's been considering drinking. I want to, I just need to make sure the guy I got with me won't let it get out of hand. It's a special occasion, and I drank on New Years eve with no problem, I just don't know about the public thing.

Phobia
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Joey's been considering drinking. I want to, I just need to make sure the guy I got with me won't let it get out of hand. It's a special occasion, and I drank on New Years eve with no problem, I just don't know about the public thing.

The guy you got with you? Why is it his problem?

Guru
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I found this in my "game day" jacket this morning as I was packing.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/445/16835257276250781062900.jpg (http://img831.imageshack.us/i/16835257276250781062900.jpg/)

Interesting that I'll see the Ravens at Arrowhead twice in a row. Regardless, it's been far too long...
Hey, I remember that ticket. I had the exact same one.

KurtCobain
01-08-2011, 11:18 AM
The guy you got with you? Why is it his problem?

It's not but he offered to be the DD and he's basically my sponsor more or less. Drinking's not really my problem though.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/ wtf is wrong with people

Guru
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/ wtf is wrong with people
wrong thread me thinks.

luv
01-08-2011, 12:21 PM
wrong thread me thinks.

He can't start threads, so he posts things in random threads he thinks people will read.

KurtCobain
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Just bought a bucket of handwarmers.

grandllama
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Just stopped at the Bdubs in Independence after 8 hours on the road (and leaving Indiana in a snowstorm)... can't wait until tomorrow!

DaFace
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Hey, I remember that ticket. I had the exact same one.

Ha. This is true!

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

grandllama
01-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Forgot to mention. It was really cool on the drive to see all the out of states plates with Chiefs flags, stickers, banners flying proudly. From Indy to kc I think I counted eight different state plates making the pilgrimage to Arrowhead