PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We DESERVE to be in these motherfriggen playoffs!

TinyEvel
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I’m getting tired of hearing all these fans throwing a pity party for themselves over the Oakland game. I understand it sucked. I’m pissed about the loss too. I hate Oakland as much, if not more than, the average Chiefs fan. I hand out my fair share of angry feedback and non-enthused conversation at work on the day after a loss.

But we are in the playoffs! This is a good time for us Chiefs fans. We’ve suffered through the Herm Years, the LJ and Huard and Thigpen failures. For the first time in -- how long? -- we’ve got an RB and receiver going to the Pro Bowl, and our team is leading in stats other than negative ones.

And to those saying this team is a fraud: WTF? We won the division! Are you saying we shouldn’t be granted a seat at the playoff table? Should they have given it to San Diego, who didn’t win as many games as we did “but are a better team, just had a few bad games” or maybe give it to Oakland who were 6-0 in the division but 2-8 everywhere else?
We are the most improved team in the NFL, and we deserve to be in these playoffs. Calling this team a fraud is just trying to make yourself look smart with hindsight vision, and trying to capitalize off an emotional loss to get attention.
It’s like calling the Dow Jones a bad investment after it loses 200 in one day. But it eventually bounces back, baby. Mail your focking gold in that envelope to that company on TV and use it to buy a Raiders jersey if you’re so damn disappointed in this “fraud.”

Speaking of that…”fraud?” Did Haley ever say “SuperBowl here we come!” did you see him on TV last week Putting AFCW Champion hats on guys and slapping asses? No. That would be overpromising, overconfident behavior. Fraud-like behavior. He didn’t. And they aren’t. They know they need to keep working and they deserve our support, not our selfish complaining.

But if you want to grumble and gripe and act like that chick’s never gonna give you a BJ cuz she’s too stuck up or too ugly, then go the fock home and beat off in your bathroom. Because this week is for winners. Division winners. Home-field teams. Tough teams. And I am banking on the Chiefs being that team on Sunday.

I’m not even from Kansas City. I’ve never lived there and only been there three times. But this weekend when I’m in the stands I’ll be giving it my all to make some motherfocking noise when Ravens O is on the field and spiritually back my team. We’ve come this far, I’m not going to anticipate failure just because I’m afraid of being disappointed.

Go Chiefs!

Bane
01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
:clap:

Sure-Oz
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree....sunday will be a different game...

We came out flat but this team is capable of winning

stevieray
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm glad your energy will be there...again!

great post!

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 07:35 PM
There were other teams that struggled Sunday. Balt., NO, and GB all struggled at home.

OnTheWarpath58
01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Cash 4 Gold and beating off in a football post.

That has to be a new one here.

LMAO

Bacon Cheeseburger
I agree that we deserve to be in the playoffs, we did what was required to qualify and I'm not making any apologies for us being there. With that said, I can't wrap my mind around the notion of dismissing the Oakland loss. My god, we didn't just lose, we freaking laid down for them and it was a glaring reminder of how poorly this team is capable of playing. It's definitely not the way you want to be heading into the postseason.

Bacon Cheeseburger
There were other teams that struggled Sunday. Balt., NO, and GB all struggled at home.
How many other playoff teams flat out got their asses handed to them?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 07:39 PM
See you this weekend homey. Sunday, we ride!

stevieray
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree that we deserve to be in the playoffs, we did what was required to qualify and I'm not making any apologies for us being there. With that said, I can't wrap my mind around the notion of dismissing the Oakland loss. My god, we didn't just lose, we freaking laid down for them and it was a glaring reminder of how poorly this team is capable of playing. It's definitely not the way you want to be heading into the postseason.

how they respond is the key...I'd rather have them humble and hungry with something to prove than being overconfident from going undefeated at home...the looming loss of 7-0 is over...they've bounced back from the blowouts this year...I feel that they can do it again.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 07:43 PM
How many other playoff teams flat out got their asses handed to them?A mere formality. :) On the plus side, we always rebound nicely.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
How many other playoff teams flat out got their asses handed to them?

Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints got their ass kicked. The game was never even close.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree that we deserve to be in the playoffs, we did what was required to qualify and I'm not making any apologies for us being there. With that said, I can't wrap my mind around the notion of dismissing the Oakland loss. My god, we didn't just lose, we freaking laid down for them and it was a glaring reminder of how poorly this team is capable of playing. It's definitely not the way you want to be heading into the postseason.If this was yr 4 into this rebuild, I would be concerned. Right now, I'm happy we won more than 2 or 4 games.

Bearcat

That's why I dismiss it going forward. We know the talent level, strengths, weaknesses, etc... that wasn't the issue yesterday. The problem was effort. Yeah, I was pissed about it... I wasted my day there, and hell, it's another reason for me not to buy season tickets next year, which I've been leaning towards for a while now.

They aren't going to have a problem with effort next week.

On a related note, I'm tired of hearing about yesterday... OMG, what if the Chiefs play like they did against the Raiders? OMG, the Ravens barely beat the Bengals! WTF, people, can we analyze this week's game based on more than two meaningless week 17 games?

Sure-Oz
That loss had to have helped them, rather than feeling all good thinking they can just show up and win. I expect them to play their asses off

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
We know the talent level, strengths, weaknesses, etc... that wasn't the issue yesterday. The problem was effort.

So, the problem was effort in Oakland, too?

Or maybe we just can't handle Oakland's defensive line.

UTChief
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
If this was yr 4 into this rebuild, I would be concerned. Right now, I'm happy we won more than 2 or 4 games.

:thumb:I agree

ChiefaRoo
01-03-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm glad your energy will be there...again!

great post!

Enjoy the game guys. Sunday is going to be a special day.

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM

I thought of that as I typed it, and I know they don't match up well against the Raiders (but I still think effort was the biggest problem yesterday)... and that's just another reason it doesn't have anything to do with next week. The Raiders had the 2nd most sacks in the NFL, and the Ravens had the 3rd lowest total.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
If this was yr 4 into this rebuild, I would be concerned. Right now, I'm happy we won more than 2 or 4 games.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am freaking ecstatic about how this season went, and very excited for the future. But the future isn't now like many seem to think.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Sunday's loss, to me, was a team thinking about the post-season. It was, for all intents and purposes, a meaningless game. Players dont give a flying fuck who comes to their house to play.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
That's why I dismiss it going forward. We know the talent level, strengths, weaknesses, etc... that wasn't the issue yesterday. The problem was effort. Yeah, I was pissed about it... I wasted my day there, and hell, it's another reason for me not to buy season tickets next year, which I've been leaning towards for a while now.

They aren't going to have a problem with effort next week.

On a related note, I'm tired of hearing about yesterday... OMG, what if the Chiefs play like they did against the Raiders? OMG, the Ravens barely beat the Bengals! WTF, people, can we analyze this week's game based on more than two meaningless week 17 games?
Trust me, I'm taking more than the Oakland loss into consideration here. And there isn't any damn excuse for lack of effort yesterday, the team still had plenty to play for.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Sunday's loss, to me, was a team thinking about the post-season. It was, for all intents and purposes, a meaningless game. Players dont give a flying fuck who comes to their house to play.
Championship caliber teams don't see any game as "meaningless". The Patriots played in a game that was even more meaningless than ours and they didn't mail it in, they pounded the holy fuck out of Miami.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am freaking ecstatic about how this season went, and very excited for the future. But the future isn't now like many seem to think.Believe me, I have no delusions of grandeur. But, the NFL is funny. The Cards were a hair from winning it.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Championship caliber teams don't see any game as "meaningless". The Patriots played in a game that was even more meaningless than ours and they didn't mail it in, they pounded the holy **** out of Miami.

That's the difference between a good mature team with no distractions and an average immature team with distractions.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM

That is the absolute, best case scenario we can hope for. Anything else is going to lead to a slaughter this weekend.

stevieray
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Championship caliber teams don't see any game as "meaningless". The Patriots played in a game that was even more meaningless than ours and they didn't mail it in, they pounded the holy **** out of Miami.
we aren't the patriots. we're a young team that's going play above and below itself at times. we've got plenty of veteran leadership and coaching to keep us pointed in the right direction....this is when guys like Vrabel, Jones and Lilja are invaluable.

I don't think we have to worry about them mailing it in this week.

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Trust me, I'm taking more than the Oakland loss into consideration here. And there isn't any damn excuse for lack of effort yesterday, the team still had plenty to play for.

The last part wasn't directed at you... it's just a general 'WTF?' for all the posts linking yesterday's games with the playoff game.

I agree, it was pathetic, and even worse being there surrounded by Raiders fans. Motivation was a big topic before the game, and I wasn't 100% sure if things like wild card seeding, going 8-0 at home, playing in front of 65,000 cold fans, and beating the f***ing Raiders would really motivate the team.... assholes.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm confidant the Chiefs wont phone it in Sunday. If they get their ass handed to them, its likely due to the Ravens just being a much better team.

TinyEvel
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Cash 4 Gold and beating off in a football post.

That has to be a new one here.

LMAO

Necessary metaphors. :thumb:

Gonzo
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Man, I'm just happy with the progress. Things could have gone horribly wrong this year.
Imagine this:
Say we hired a young, enthusiastic coach who made a butt-ton of unpopular personnel moves, (losing an all pro QB and WR for one, or trading a pro-bowl running back for a shitty backup QB). After he made those moves, this team started out on fire, going 6-0. Then a chain of events started in motion...
Imagine losing 19 of the next 24 games, getting busted cheating, (and still losing) then ownership firing the young coach after being beat by inferior teams and division rivals, repeatedly. Now your favorite team has a young, unproven QB, no coach and they're looking at some old retired, unqualified former player to run the front office because of his big name and local celebrity status. Not to mention your team is doing this when heading into a possible strike year.

Wow, wouldn't that be a huge embarrassment?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM

we aren't the patriots. we're a young team that's going play above and below itself at times. we've got plenty of veteran leadership and coaching to keep us pointed in the right direction....this is when guys like Vrabel, Jones and Lilja are invaluable.

I don't think we have to worry about them mailing it in this week.

I agree with both of you here I just wished Haley would reflect that more.Granted,I only have press conferences etc. to base that on and have no idea what he might be like behind closed doors with the team but today's PC was a perfect example,"uh well we didn't execute and did some things that got us beat."

How about,"we not only looked bad we stunk it up and playing like this in the tournament is going to get our asses handed to us."

Just my .02

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
That loss had to have helped them, rather than feeling all good thinking they can just show up and win. I expect them to play their asses off

That's what I've been saying since yesterday. We were looking ahead and I think thought we were automatic at home. Yesterday was exactly the wake up call we need at exactly the right time.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm confidant the Chiefs wont phone it in Sunday. If they get their ass handed to them, its likely due to the Ravens just being a much better team.
Pffft, I better not hear any shit like that if they blow us out. Every thread here is full of people saying that they're not much, if at all, better than the Chiefs and we have a great chance of beating them.

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM

Or maybe we got royaly screwed on the game tying drive by a phantom holding call, no run-off of 10 secs on the clock and a non-review of the bobbled all the way to ground catch that set up the field goal to tie? And then we end up losing by 3 in OT. Yeah, they really whipped us bad in Oakland. :shake:

CaliforniaChief
01-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Or maybe we got royaly screwed on the game tying drive by a phantom holding call, no run-off of 10 secs on the clock and a non-review of the bobbled all the way to ground catch that set up the field goal to tie? And then we end up losing by 3 in OT. Yeah, they really whipped us bad in Oakland. :shake:

Classic Pete scenario. LMAO

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
That OP, along with the cat washing my beard, gave me a chubby.

okcchief
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I would rather save that 8th home win for Sunday. I have seen the 8-0 at home three other times ending the season impressive blah, blah, blah. It means shit when you exit in the first round. I believe we show up and win. After this week we are in deep, deep, shit :)

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah, they really whipped us bad in Oakland. :shake:

They did, actually.

Our offense and in particular our running game was shit that day. We couldn't block their defensive line.

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Classic Pete scenario. LMAO

But it's true. That's the sad part. It's hard to beat a team when then rules are enforced. When a team starts catching breaks on a game tying drive it's not so easy to win.

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
They did, actually.

Our offense and in particular our running game was shit that day. We couldn't block their defensive line.

Yeah, we sucked so bad we lost by 3 in OT. the fumble by Arenas and the INT in the endzone were really the only big plays Oakland made that game.

Nzoner
01-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I believe we show up and win. After this week we are in deep, deep, shit :)

Yeah,the humor of the NFL Gods will have Pioli and his new team taking a trip to visit his old team.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Biggest reason I'm praying the Chiefs win a playoff game this week? Chiefs fans are so emotionally damaged they are driving themselves crazy instead of enjoying what should be the most enjoyable week in 7 years. Stop worrying about losing and enjoy the possibly of winning!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, we sucked so bad we lost by 3 in OT. the fumble by Arenas and the INT in the endzone were really the only big plays Oakland made that game.

We lost the game because our normally dominant ground game disappeared. Because we can't block Oakland.

And that's why we lost yesterday.

Logic, it's wonderful!

The Bad Guy
01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
We lost the game because our normally dominant ground game disappeared. Because we can't block Oakland.

Logic, it's wonderful!

Yeah, the Jacoby Ford miracle catch and the special teams touchdown had nothing to do with the first time.

You're becoming a real big trolling jerkoff.

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Logic, it's wonderful!

Or because we turned over the ball in the endzone then fumbled subsequently on the following kick off. And didn't Ford have a kickoff return as well?

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, the Jacoby Ford miracle catch and the special teams touchdown had nothing to do with the first time.

You're becoming a real big trolling jerkoff.

The Raiders dominated our offensive line in both games.

That was the root cause of both losses.

When we can't run the ball it throws the rest of the team out of whack.

petegz28
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
The Raiders dominated our offensive line in both games.

That was the root cause of both losses.

When we can't run the ball it throws the rest of the team out of whack.

Yep, dominated us so much they won by 3 in OT with some help from the Refs on the game tying drive. :thumb:

Not to mention Bowe dropped what would have been the game sealing catch.

Count Zarth
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Yep, dominated us so much they won by 3 in OT with some help from the Refs on the game tying drive. :thumb:

Why are you so dense, pete?

I didn't say the Raiders kicked the entire team's ass.

But their defensive line sure kicked our offensive line's ass, and that's why the game was in OT to begin with.

And yesterday, lo and behold, our OL got dominated again, and we lost again.

Do you even have a point to this debate? What are you trying to prove? Are you defending the offensive line?

Guru
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Rockin' post Tiny!!! WELL SAID

Over-Head
01-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Your the AFCW Champs, enjoy it.
The records will show that forever more no matter how or why last Sundays game is debated or wether the Raiders managed to be the only Team in history of the Merge that could win a division and not move on, or gave a down and dirty thumping to the Champs.
WHAT EVER
Ya won, now just go the fug out there and play like the damn team you can be, beat the f**ken Ravens and Pats already, and get to the damn show !!!!!!! (please, I mean really is that asking too much?)