PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Game of the year

Red Coater
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I think opening night was awsome, electric. It really set the tone for the season. What do y'all think. I just hope we can bring it like we did opening night this Sunday. Go CHIEFS!!!!

Saul Good
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Great thread. Lots of meat on that bone.

grandllama
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
He does make a good point Saul...

Can we get the stadium as electric as opening night?

That was the rowdiest I had seen the crowd in many, many years.

I don't see the playoff crowd being that nuts... but I hope I'm wrong.

WebGem
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239402

WebGem
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
He does make a good point Saul...

Can we get the stadium as electric as opening night?

That was the rowdiest I had seen the crowd in many, many years.

I don't see the playoff crowd being that nuts... but I hope I'm wrong.

What? Why the hell wouldn't the crowd be as nuts, if not more, than opening night? Sure, fans get jacked the hell up for opening day every season. But this is the first home playoff game in 7 years.

dedicatedfan
01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
As fans, we have to give it everything we've got. Scream til your lungs bleed red. Let's make opening night look like a pre-season game in comparison.

threebag02
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Great thread. Lots of meat on that bone.

You have to put it at a slow simmer the vegetables are on the way.

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
What? Why the hell wouldn't the crowd be as nuts, if not more, than opening night? Sure, fans get jacked the hell up for opening day every season. But this is the first home playoff game in 7 years.

I'm guessing cause a playoff game is more expensive so it will possibly cater to the rich fans rather than the diehards. I hope not. All I know is I will be there and will do my part and the part of at least 2 or 3 casual fan douchebags. :p

grandllama
01-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Because 98% of the threads I read on this damn board (and all the others) are about how everybody is so glad they sold their playoff tickets because this POS team is going to be embarrassed.

The pulse I got from all the other boards before opening night and before this weekend's game are completely opposite.

Now, saying that. I will not be one of those. Llama Jr. and myself will be at Luv / Papa Smurf's Winnabego WAAAAY before kickoff and I will be screaming louder than I did at opening night.

I would be lying if I said I thought everybody else would equal their effort.

Pioli Zombie
01-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't believe fans of a team that went 4-12,2-14,and 4-12 aren't going full out crazy this week over a team that went 10-6, won a division title, and is hosting a playoff game. So what they might lose? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor did we give up? We're Americans. Our forefathers were thrown out of every decent country!! We're 10-1!!!! Who's with me???????

grandllama
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't believe fans of a team that went 4-12,2-14,and 4-12 aren't going full out crazy this week over a team that went 10-6, won a division title, and is hosting a playoff game. So what they might lose? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor did we give up? We're Americans. Our forefathers were thrown out of every decent country!! We're 10-1!!!! Who's with me???????

German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

- let him go, he's rolling -
ROFL

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 10:27 PM

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1466/overgermansbomberpearlh.jpg

GERMAAAAAAAAAANSS!!!!!!

Pioli Zombie
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
We need some Animal House veterans on this board!!!!!!!

Red Coater
01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Watching Rivers wine. Like a little B**ch was great and that was all because of the fans.

dedicatedfan
01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

- let him go, he's rolling -
ROFL

Damn those germans!!

Pioli Zombie
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
You know what makes me sad??? You, ya Mamby Pamby Chiefs fans with yer whinin "oh were gonna lose" talk!!!! You make me sick ya candy ass little girls!!!!!!! Now get out there and cheer like MEN!!!!!!!!
FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!! FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

grandllama
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
We need some Animal House veterans on this board!!!!!!!

As much as I would like to tell you i'm D-Day... in reality I'm Flounder
ROFL

Pioli Zombie
01-04-2011, 10:38 PM
As much as I would like to tell you i'm D-Day... in reality I'm Flounder
ROFL
The Ravens are the guitar and the Chiefs are gonna be Belushi. SMASH!! SMASH!!!!!!

Red Coater
01-04-2011, 10:41 PM
If we loose opening night I wonder how things end up?

grandllama
01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
If we loose opening night I wonder how things end up?

I think that definitely set the theme for the season of our kids playing above their abilities...

which directly relates to our AFC West championship.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would bookend this season seeing the first game live at the new Arrowhead and the first playoff game live at the new Arrowhead.

thurman merman
01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I just watched that game again tonight to get pumped for the playoff game.

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Animal House Reference!!!!

Red Coater
Jamall is gonna have a great game and we will win. Tonight we dine in hell!! The D will be ready and we will destroy them. We will strike with vengence and anger and they will know we are the CHIEFS!!!!

kysirsoze
I just watched that game again tonight to get pumped for the playoff game.

I just plan on doing at least an eightball of coke.

Pioli Zombie
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
This is the ultimate revenge game Christmas Day 1971. Chiefs lose to Miami. Miami is coached by Shula. Shula formerly coached...in Baltimore!!!

wazu
01-05-2011, 01:10 AM
There's something about a night game that brings out the crazies. Doesn't hurt when people have had all day to drink, either. That MNF game atmosphere was surreal. The good news is, the rain drove a number of people back under cover that night, and it was still a ruthless crowd. Even if it's backed off a half-notch, you gotta figure more butts in the stands will more than make up for it.

KC Tattoo
01-05-2011, 01:22 AM

:thumb: Awsome post. They played that clip on the jumbo tron, during the Broncows Chiefs game years back and then in the fourth quarter Dante Hall imfamous punt return VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru
01-05-2011, 02:59 AM
They need to play the home opener video tribute to Arrowhead again for this game.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wz51xS0K56k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wz51xS0K56k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Or, at least something like it.

Guru
01-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Heh, I never saw this video before tonight.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMlDOPBD2RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMlDOPBD2RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

JOhn
01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Heh, I never saw this video before tonight.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMlDOPBD2RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMlDOPBD2RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:LOL:

Should have slapped him a little harder.

Fritz88
01-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Boy if I were there I would make opening night like a KState basketball crowd.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsNow
01-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Watching Rivers wine. Like a little B**ch was great and that was all because of the fans.

FOOD FIGHT!!