PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What's out draft position and who would be available at our pick?

wutamess
01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking we need with out 1st pick:
A Deshaen Jackson type WR, another DE opposite Hali or Barry Richardson's replacement.

Any of those that pan out in the 1st round and I'm happy.
I admit I don't follow college at all... who should we get?

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Alot of mocks I've seen predicted us to lose today and had us at like 21, I think, and taking Julio Jones. I would like Nick Fairley, but that's never going to happen.

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
In my fantasy world we package Dorsey and 1st maybe 2nd round pick for a trade-up to take Fairley.

DBOSHO
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
In my fantasy world we package Dorsey and 1st maybe 2nd round pick for a trade-up to take Fairley.

Well no offense but its a good thing you dont run the chiefs organization.

Dante84
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM

I dunno, he doesnt look like a high-character Pioli guy...

No doubting his talent, but this is some Albert Haynesworth shit.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xljcMJxJZg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xljcMJxJZg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Any time you can trade a 25 year old DE who just got 11 tackles and multiple pressures in a playoff game for an unproven player who did absolutely nothing before this year, you gotta make that move.

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Well no offense but its a good thing you dont run the chiefs organization.

Don't you want Josh McDaniels to be on Todd Haleys coaching staff? And aren't you on the "let's trade our draft for fitzgerald" bandwagon?

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Any time you can trade a 25 year old DE who just got 11 tackles and multiple pressures in a playoff game for an unproven player who did absolutely nothing before this year, you gotta make that move.

Damn straight.

Dante84
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't you want Josh McDaniels to be on Todd Haleys coaching staff? And aren't you on the "let's trade our draft for fitzgerald" bandwagon?

Fitz = Proven

Dorsey = Proven

Rookie = unproven

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Fitz = Proven

Dorsey = Proven

Rookie = unproven

I'm a gambling man.

notorious
01-09-2011, 10:18 PM

ROFL

My sarcasm meter just melted down.

RustShack
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I would love to trade for Fitz if not draft a talented WR. a fast LB or two who can pass rush, drop in coverage, and stop the run would be perfect if we can find that, but obviously the chances of drafting a player like that isn't very good. Our last draft was all around pretty damn good, so I am interested in seeing how sheffield does since he was out all year. NT and OL are other needs, but not with #1.

kcchiefsus
01-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking we need with out 1st pick:
A Deshaen Jackson type WR, another DE opposite Hali or Barry Richardson's replacement.

Any of those that pan out in the 1st round and I'm happy.
I admit I don't follow college at all... who should we get?

Since when is Hali a DE?

RustShack
01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Since when is Hali a DE?

Since he was drafted... now hes a stand up DE. Hes labeled as an OLB in this scheme now.. but lets be serious here.

Saccopoo
01-09-2011, 10:29 PM
21st pick.

Tony Costanzo, OT; Boston College
- He's light, but has superb hand/arm skills and very good foot work. A pure left tackle with a lot of room to add some bulk. If he was 315 lbs., he'd be a top five pick. He's legit.

Matt Reynolds, OT; BYU
- Reynolds is huge (6'6", 330 lb.), but very athletic and can play either side - was a three year starter and three year first team all-conference player at LT. He's a red-shirt junior and hasn't declared yet.

Derrick Sherrod, OT; Mississippi State
- Not as polished as Costanzo or Reynolds, but a lot of people think he's got more upside. I think he's a right tackle only.

Christian Ponder, QB; Florida State
- Very smart, excellent pocket presence, NFL body and athleticism.

Von Miller, OLB; Texas A&M
- Insane first step and pursuit. Pure speed off the edge. Athletic enough to fall back in coverage against running backs, receivers and tight ends.

Justin Houston, OLB; Georgia
- Raw, but talented. Bigger than Miller and almost as fast, just not as polished.

Steve Wisniewski, C; Penn State
- Stud in the middle. A lighter type player versus a mauler, but a tough guy that gets nasty on the field.

Jon Baldwin, WR; Pittsburgh
- Huge receiver that has very nice hands and superb body control. Could be a top ten pick or fall.

Julio Jones, WR; Alabama
- High school legend and college freshman phenom. The Tide program doesn't focus on receivers so his numbers are weak, but he's got every intangible for the position. Does physical skills translate to NFL desire?

DeezNutz
01-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Ponder will be available in round 2.

I'm most interested in Wisniewski, Miller, Jones, and Baldwin.

And I don't know shit about their demeanor off-field, so I make this concession.

DBOSHO
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Yes, and i assure you, im not the only one.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Akeem Ayers, the linebacker out of UCLA is a perfect fit in Vrabel's spot in the 3-4.

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Von Miller...what's the knock on him? I've watched highlights of him but that's all, and those are pretty sweet.

Saccopoo
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Dorsey was a no-show in some games (the Denver game where Beadles drove him around the field wasn't his best), but he showed enough this season to convince me that the guy can be a very effective end in Crennel's system.

He showed up today and played his best game when he was expected to (it's the playoffs on a national stage - either you step up or you don't: today was more of a "who wants to be on this team come draft day and free agent signing day" than anything).

At this point, Dorsey is a keeper.

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Akeem Ayers, the linebacker out of UCLA is a perfect fit in Vrabel's spot in the 3-4.

Ayers video? I'm finding just crap searching on youtube.

Saccopoo
01-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Ayers is "meh."

I don't think he's got the speed to rush the passer at the next level and most likely couldn't cover backs and ends when asked to.

Miller or Houston have better athleticism and speed.

I'd rather see Hali go to Vrabel's LOLB spot and get a pure speed guy like Miller in at the ROLB position.

Hali had a huge year, but he doesn't have elite speed to consistently beat NFL left tackles. He's proven to me he can cover the run effectively and can over ends and backs in a zone. Get a speed guy on the other side of him and he's going to destroy people.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2011, 10:43 PM
He's not a burner, but I'd really, really like us to draft Leonard Hankerson in Round 2.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Ayers is "meh."

I don't think he's got the speed to rush the passer at the next level and most likely couldn't cover backs and ends when asked to.

Miller or Houston have better athleticism and speed.

I'd rather see Hali go to Vrabel's LOLB spot and get a pure speed guy like Miller in at the ROLB position.

Hali had a huge year, but he doesn't have elite speed to consistently beat NFL left tackles. He's proven to me he can cover the run effectively and can over ends and backs in a zone. Get a speed guy on the other side of him and he's going to destroy people.

Von Miller isn't a Patriots type OLB size wise.

ForeverChiefs58
01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Getting a RB that can get at least 4 yds a carry to complement JC would be really great too.

mohammedhali
01-09-2011, 10:58 PM

Fairly's really damn good, but honestly a player like him, idk if I would want a player like that on the chiefs. Watch this vid. of him vs. Georgia. He belongs on the Raiders or another team that has no respect and no problem putting up over 100 yds of penalty's a game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xljcMJxJZg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xljcMJxJZg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BossChief
01-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Von Miller...what's the knock on him? I've watched highlights of him but that's all, and those are pretty sweet.

He has elite tools, but seems to get dinged up and you can run the ball right at him.

Julio Jones is a good prospect, possibly elite even, but he has a similar problem to Bowe (among a few other receivers) in that he drops a few easy catches that can cost you. He would be a good player for Haley to get to mold, though.

Thig Lyfe
01-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Luck next year.

tyton75
01-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I wonder if one of the good QB's should start to slide, if we would have the stones to pick one in the first round.. like if Gabbert should slide down to our pick or something

beach tribe
01-10-2011, 06:20 AM

For REAL.

eazyb81
01-10-2011, 06:36 AM

He's on the lighter side compared to the other top OLB prospects in this draft. He will be a good pass rusher at the next level, but I don't think he has the size or versatility that Romeo likes in his OLBs.

I think Ayers is a guy we will be looking hard at. Also, hopefully we give strong consideration to drafting a WR - Baldwin would be awesome.

We are going to have some decent options at 21, no reason not to come away with a prime player at a position of need.

Dave Lane
01-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Since he was drafted... now hes a stand up DE. Hes labeled as an OLB in this scheme now.. but lets be serious here.

They are talking about Dorsey not Hali

warrior
01-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Luck next year.

Moron---this year.

tyton75
01-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Dorsey really improved this year

suds79
01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Getting a RB that can get at least 4 yds a carry to complement JC would be really great too.

This.

Seriously dump Thomas Jones. 3.7 YPC is not good.

It's a young man's position that routinely is dominated by 1st & 2nd year players.

The good news is that it can easily be filled by mid to low round picks.

reschief
01-10-2011, 08:02 AM
He's on the lighter side compared to the other top OLB prospects in this draft. He will be a good pass rusher at the next level, but I don't think he has the size or versatility that Romeo likes in his OLBs.

I think Ayers is a guy we will be looking hard at. Also, hopefully we give strong consideration to drafting a WR - Baldwin would be awesome.

We are going to have some decent options at 21, no reason not to come away with a prime player at a position of need.

Query - aren't linebackers like running backs in longevity? will the Chiefs avoid using the 21st on any linebacker merely because of that alone?

thecoffeeguy
01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I dunno, he doesnt look like a high-character Pioli guy...

No doubting his talent, but this is some Albert Haynesworth shit.

what a piece of shit.

I would not want that gutless punk on my team at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Query - aren't linebackers like running backs in longevity? will the Chiefs avoid using the 21st on any linebacker merely because of that alone?

Hell no. You get more mileage out of a LB than any other position on the D, other than a bigger corner that you could eventually move to safety (Ronnie Lott).

TheGuardian
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm a gambling man.

No you're a fucking idiot.

boogblaster
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Needs . OT .. LB .. WR .. NT ........

wutamess
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM

I honestly was calling for Battle the last 6 games after it was evident TJ was a waste of a down after getting us 1 yard/carry.

I think we have that in Battle.

xztop12
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I think AJ green might be one of the all time greats

Count Zarth
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Just draft a god damn wide receiver and be done with it. We need a starter.