PDA

View Full Version : Football The Weirdness of the 2010 AFC West

Ugly Duck
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Any one of these things is noteworthy, all three in the same division in the same year is just weird:

The Chargers set a record of having both the #1 Offense AND the #1 Defense, and missed the playoffs.

The Raiders set a record of sweeping the division, and missing the playoffs.

The Chiefs set a record for consecutive playoff losses.

WebGem
01-10-2011, 01:24 AM
You forgot...

Denver set a record for being as gay as a franchise can cumulatively become, surpassing the through 2009 Denver Broncos.

KurtCobain
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I've probably missed this mentioned somewhere, but has a team ever gone 2-4 in the division and won it?

HMc
01-10-2011, 01:30 AM
ranked by scoring, the chargers offense was #2 and their defense was #10.

Why are people so obsessed with yards?

WebGem
01-10-2011, 03:10 AM
I've probably missed this mentioned somewhere, but has a team ever gone 2-4 in the division and won it?

I'm gonna guess yes. It's happened a fair share of times with 3-3 teams I would imagine and week 17 is divisional matchups always in the new format. So if a team was 2-3 going in and had a game that didn't matter at all they could likely lose. But back before the realignment there wasn't always 6 division games, there was more than that for a lot of teams. So back then I guess a sub .500 record + division title would be the same thing.

I don't know though, I'm just guessing there has been because it's really not all that crazy. The Raiders going 6-0 and not winning is it way more crazy.