PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fescoe: Haley took playcalling away from Weis in 2nd Half

Pages : [1] 2

doomy3
01-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Just got a 610 text that says Fescoe is reporting that Haley took playcalling away from Weis in the 2nd half yesterday. That could explain why the playcalling was so horrific in the 2nd half, and if true I think Haley should be in some hot water. That was some of the worst playcalling I have ever seen in my entire life.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Not surprised if true.

Calling a toss sweep on 4th and a foot had Haley written all over it.

Sadly, that play call changed the game.

KILLER_CLOWN
Hey if we had the Patriots offense it would have looked good, were not there yet as Haley has stated all year long.

notorious
OK

I am directing my fire to Haley if this is true.

JFC

KILLER_CLOWN
01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Not surprised if true.

True that was the worst playcall of the game, run a 300 pounder up the middle on a quick count. No way they could stop that.

FAX
01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Have we not yet learned that 610 is always ... always ... wrong? Always?

There were shots in the second half of Weis in the booth rifling through papers and talking into his headset. Was he ordering a pizza or inventorying the china? I don't think so.

FAX

Simply Red
01-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Not surprised if true.

yes, I don't know much about the play-calling gig, but even I realized that that was purely dumb.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
The pass patterns that were called were equally as bad as the 4th and a foot call. Slow developing deep patterns with receivers grouped in one area the entire second half.

notorious
01-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I am starting to feel bad for slamming Weis. Maybe the guy got Hermcuffed in the second half.

ChiefButthurt
01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Please tell me that's wrong. Can someone get JWhit on the phone?

Flachief58
I'm not sure WTF they were thinking on that play either. Pound the rock up the gut and keep the drive going. You're the #1 rushing team in the NFL, call the plays accordingly. If it was weis, then good riddens. If it was Haley, I hope we get a REAL good OC

Not surprised if true.

Discuss Thrower
Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Pioli would like to introduce you to your 2011 offensive coordinator, Maurice Carthon!

Pestilence
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
:facepalm: God fucking damnt.

the Talking Can
01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
this game was the pin being pulled on our grenade of a season....

no, i don't know exactly what that means

LoneWolf
01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Just got a 610 text that says Fescoe is reporting that Haley took playcalling away from Weis in the 2nd half yesterday. That could explain why the playcalling was so horrific in the 2nd half, and if true I think Haley should be in some hot water. That was some of the worst playcalling I have ever seen in my entire life.

Fescoe is an idiot. I saw with my own eyes several times where Haley was talking to defensive players on the bench while the offense was on the field in the second half. If Haley was calling the plays, the TV announcers would have noticed him standing on the sidelines with his play sheet directing the offense like he did last season. I just finished watching the replay of the game and I didn't see Haley looking at a play sheet at all.

ChiefGator
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
There were shots in the second half of Weis in the booth rifling through papers and talking into his headset. Was he ordering a pizza or inventorying the china?

LOL...

KCUnited
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
610's brand of Informed Speculation.

Pants
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
People should never believe Fescoe, KK or Wright, ESPECIALLY when the story sounds extremely controversial. How many times do they have to be exposed for people to learn the lesson?

DJ's left nut
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Look - I'd love to get a pound of flesh from Haley on this one...

But when has Fescoe EVER been right about anything. Like....ever?

The sweep on 4th was very Wile E. Coyote/Todd Haleyish, but I still very much doubt that Haley fired Weis in a game we were trailing by 3.

Frosty
People should never believe Fescoe, KK or Wright, ESPECIALLY when the story sounds extremely controversial. How many times do they have to be exposed for people to learn the lesson?

But it's fun to fly off the handle over rumors.

DeezNutz
There were shots in the second half of Weis in the booth rifling through papers and talking into his headset. Was he ordering a pizza or inventorying the china? I don't think so.

FAX

Looking through his notes on Florida recruits, apparently.

If it's indeed true that Haley was calling the shots in the second half, it highlights the dire need for an OC. Haley can "contribute" to the gameplan, but on Sundays he needs to shut the fuck up and worry about coaching the team as a whole; this is difficult enough.

FAX
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
610 is now reporting that the Chinese are invading. We're supposed to immediately strip to our under garments and jump in the nearest frozen river!!!

I always knew it would end this way. Good luck everyone. And God bless.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't believe Fescoe at all, he always riles people up just to drum up some juicy talk radio. That being said i like his passion for KU.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Hey, I thought it was at least worth posting. You don't have to believe it, but this is a pretty big claim, as anemic as the offense was in the second half yesterday. And something definitely did change in the playcalling in the second half compared to the first. Maybe it is all just a coincidence.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey, I thought it was at least worth posting. You don't have to believe it, but this is a pretty big claim, as anemic as the offense was in the second half yesterday. And something definitely did change in the playcalling in the second half compared to the first. Maybe it is all just a coincidence.

You could obviously see after the one Horrible playcall on 4th and a foot the entire team fell apart.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
getnickwright nick wright
So Charlie Weis is talking shit on the other coaches less than an hour after the game to random people at a pizza parlor? Sweet. Good guy.

TheGuardian
People are bitching about that sweep call, but the fact is, it would have worked if Weigman didn't get owned like a bitch. Charles actually had blockers in front of him and would have picked up a few yards.

I was bitching about the horrible play calling in the first half anyway. I didn't see any difference the rest of the game.

But this whole thing smells of bullshit. I'm not buying.

Chiefspants
Lol, k.

doomy3
You could obviously see after the one Horrible playcall on 4th and a foot the entire team fell apart.

The playcalling was shit before that play. We came out and threw 3 straight passes to open the 2nd half. 3 slow developing pass plays with receivers clumped together. THat was after gashing them on the ground in the first half.

kstater
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Let's look at this rationally.

610 throws this out there with whatevever "source" they think they have. They know Haley won't ever confirm or deny it. They get some attention with no repercussions. Regardless of truth.

Marcellus
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
The playcalling was shit before that play. We came out and threw 3 straight passes to open the 2nd half. 3 slow developing pass plays with receivers clumped together. THat was after gashing them on the ground in the first half.

I am guessing if he pulled play calling from him it was after the dumbass toss sweep on 4th down.

Molitoth
01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
The playcalling has been dogshit for the majority of the year. There is no way that Haley started calling plays in the second half.

ps: 610 is a horrible source, what a joke of a station.

mlyonsd
01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I am guessing if he pulled play calling from him it was after the dumbass toss sweep on 4th down.

If Weis called that he can't get out of KC fast enough.

tooge
01-10-2011, 10:17 AM
FYI, Bob Fescoe is one of the biggest radio tards I have ever listened to. His takes are either substanciated by fact, in which case he has stolen them from something written recently, they are homer driven, or they are completely false. He never comes up with anything worth hearing on his own. I'm guessing he is the classic radio sports guy that never played a down after the sixth grade.

kstater
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
The best part will be watching Whitlock run with this.

The God Hypothesis
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
getnickwright nick wright
So Charlie Weis is talking shit on the other coaches less than an hour after the game to random people at a pizza parlor? Sweet. Good guy.

LOL..It was late last week before the game, he also said fwiw they had a great week of practices...coach speak for "We're going to get our asses kicked."

KCUnited
01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
The best part will be watching Whitlock run with this.

More like a slow walk, almost a waddle.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 10:22 AM
if Scott Pioli is making haley take these coaches we got a real problem

tk13
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I would actually believe it's possible after everything that's happened... but it didn't look like Haley was calling plays on the sideline.

Shaid
01-10-2011, 10:35 AM
It doesn't say the entire second half, just the second half. Weiss could have called the plays until halfway through the fourth or until the last couple of plays. It sure makes it easy to piss people off though if you leave it up to them to assume whatever they want.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
610 is running with this story lol it came from a pizza shop hahahhahah

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Kinda like fescoe saying yesterday that Weiss never went to the locker room after the game and then retracted

gblowfish
01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Doesn't really matter at this point. Game is over. Let's move on.

KCUnited
01-10-2011, 10:44 AM
The pizza part is believable.

tk13
01-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I heard Weis walked into the locker room, did the Bernard Pollard dance and said "Screw ya'll, go Gators!"

Deberg_1990
01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Its going to be a loooooooong offseason with all these conspiracy theories....

TheGuardian
01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Its going to be a loooooooong offseason with all these conspiracy theories....

Haley fucked Weis' wife last week and she took play calling duties from both Charlie and Haley.

gblowfish
01-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Fescoe is a blithering waste of flabby, splotchy, pinkish flesh.

Guru
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
No wonder we looked like complete dogshit in the second half. If this is true then I want Haley gone. You don't do that shit in the middle of the game. There was no reason to bench Weiss at halftime. Now that I know Haley is responsible for that entire second half I have changed myopinion of him back to where I was when we hired him. POS

notorious
01-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I am glad I don't get 610 or 810 out here in the wastelands. How can a station just make up random shit and get away with it?

Credibility (along with listeners) would be shit.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Lets all run with this cause Fescoe of all people reported it

jd1020
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
No wonder we looked like complete dogshit in the second half. If this is true then I want Haley gone. You don't do that shit in the middle of the game. There was no reason to bench Weiss at halftime. Now that I know Haley is responsible for that entire second half I have changed myopinion of him back to where I was when we hired him. POS

You are pretty gullible arent you?

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
OK

I am directing my fire to Haley if this is true.

JFC

x2

Probably the most depressing news in the last 2 weeks. Fuck!

Brianfo
01-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Use ur head. You honestly believe that drivel. Haley threw Weiss under the bus in his presser after the game about the 4th and 1 call. You think he chirps like that if he called that play. Thot so.

jd1020
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Use ur head. You honestly believe that drivel. Haley threw Weiss under the bus in his presser after the game about the 4th and 1 call. You think he chirps like that if he called that play. Thot so.

I liked the ending of his conference when he was asked about the Weis situation. He looked down, backed away from the podium, and mumbled his answer into the mic as if to say "I'm done with that fat ****!"

Detoxing
01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Damn guys. I know losing sucks, but please but your foil hats away.

Guru
01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
You are pretty gullible arent you?

:spock: Guess you both missed the part where I said "if this is true".

If it is true, that is how I will feel.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
WhitlockJason Jason Whitlock
Todd Haley, ladies and gentlemen. He just put his stamp on the game with 4th-down call. And trust me, that was all Haley.

DaFace
01-10-2011, 11:09 AM
So...total BS then?

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

Guru
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
So...total BS then?

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.We will probably never know. But it does make some sense considering the entire second half made absolutely no sense at all.

notorious
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
WhitlockJason Jason Whitlock
Todd Haley, ladies and gentlemen. He just put his stamp on the game with 4th-down call. And trust me, that was all Haley.

How does Whitlock know this?

Was Whitlock in the booth with Weis?

(Thank God there wasn't a stadium collapse that was TruTV worthy.)

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
i dont have a problem with haley as the OC but the problem is chiefs just dont have the players to run haley O maybe that changes this offseason

Sure-Oz
The entire first half made no sense either...we got fucking lucky charles busted one

Pants
So...total BS then?

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

No doubt about it in my mind.

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Fescoe is an idiot. I saw with my own eyes several times where Haley was talking to defensive players on the bench while the offense was on the field in the second half. If Haley was calling the plays, the TV announcers would have noticed him standing on the sidelines with his play sheet directing the offense like he did last season. I just finished watching the replay of the game and I didn't see Haley looking at a play sheet at all.

Thank you, it will be a few weeks before I can watch it again.

Rausch
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I liked the ending of his conference when he was asked about the Weis situation. He looked down, backed away from the podium, and mumbled his answer into the mic as if to say "I'm done with that fat ****!"

Yeah, I find that funny as well.

Funny like "my team's HC just pissed in the face of two accomplished OC's in a row."

With this GM and Owner I'd kill for a Gruden or Cowher...

notorious
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Funny like "my team's HC just pissed in the face of two accomplished OC's in a row."

The pattern is starting to develope.

He has ran off 2 so far. When is he going to start getting the blame?

bobbything
01-10-2011, 11:16 AM
People are bitching about that sweep call, but the fact is, it would have worked if Weigman didn't get owned like a bitch. Charles actually had blockers in front of him and would have picked up a few yards.
You know what else would have worked? Shawn Smith up the middle.

We had one foot to go.

This is the worst 3rd/4th and <1 team I've ever seen.

Dave Lane
01-10-2011, 11:16 AM
When in the 2nd Half? Beginning, ending, half way? Serious dumbass reaction all over this thread. AND with no other confirmation than Fescoe, really?

Rausch
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The pattern is starting to develope.

He has ran off 2 so far. When is he going to start getting the blame?

And both did a better job than he did.

Flat out.

Love the GM, Keep the DC, find a great OC, dump the Golfer...

Frosty
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
You know what else would have worked? Shawn Smith up the middle.

We had one foot to go.

This is the worst 3rd/4th and <1 team I've ever seen.

The middle of the o-line is old/undersized. They are definitely not a power running team.

bobbything
01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
The middle of the o-line is old/undersized. They are definitely not a power running team.
1 foot. I mean, one freakin' foot.

Guru
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
When in the 2nd Half? Beginning, ending, half way? Serious dumbass reaction all over this thread. AND with no other confirmation than Fescoe, really?

If true, this is the biggest question. They are giving the impression that he pulled the plug at halftime.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/report-haley-stripped-play-calling-duties-from-weis/

ITS TRUUUU111

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Speaking of Weis, Matt Cassel was on 810 WHB's The Program with Soren Petro on Monday and confirmed that Weis was still in Kansas City.

"We'll definitely get together for dinner," Cassel said of Weis. "I don't know when he's heading down to Florida. I'll see him today and we'll discuss that."

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 11:23 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/report-haley-stripped-play-calling-duties-from-weis/

ITS TRUUUU111

he just going off 610 dumbass report

notorious
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM

ITS TRUUUU111

Not confirmed yet. They were just quoting the radio guy, which is what we've been kicking around in this thread.

It does add up, though.

Pants
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM

I love all the retards commenting on the bottom. Here's a quarter, go buy a fucking clue.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Yeah i know...

Shan Shariff is pimping it on twitter

Frosty

ITS TRUUUU111

Well, if Bob Fescoe, Mike Florio and Jason Whitlock all say it's true, who am I to not believe it?

:rolleyes:

pr_capone

A. We don't know that this is true.

B. You don't know that Haley is responsible.

C. Even if he did bench Weis, the article never states what point in the second half he took control. Was it halftime? Was it at the beginning of the 4th?

notorious
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
If Weis is scorned enough (which is very possible), he will drop the bomb and confirm this.

He is an egomaniac who doesn't want his image as a genious tarnished. Weis will let it fly when/if asked.

CoMoChief
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Maybe Haley gave playcalling duties to the QB coach once the game got out of hand just to give him some playcalling time....maybe he's the next OC.

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM

The circle jerk is complete

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
WhitlockJason

Talk radio n KC crazy. Ease up on buying "Weis stripped of play-calling duties in 2nd half." May have happened. But need credible sourcing. less than 20 seconds ago via web

TheGuardian
I too noticed Haley talking to the defensive guys in the second half while the offense was on the field now that it's mentioned.

So how was he calling plays?

MahiMike
Well SOMEONE needs to explain the halftime adjustments. They would've been better off not going into the locker room.

patteeu
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
True that was the worst playcall of the game, run a 300 pounder up the middle on a quick count. No way they could stop that.

It's generally not a good idea to match your own weakness (up-the-gut, power running) up against the strength of your opponent.

ChiefsNow
Have we not yet learned that 610 is always ... always ... wrong? Always?

FAX

Plus , the cameras were flashing on Haley every so often and he was NOT calling plays.

Frosty
I too noticed Haley talking to the defensive guys in the second half while the offense was on the field now that it's mentioned.

So how was he calling plays?

Vulcan mind meld with Cassel.

Royal Fanatic
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I find this more convincing than whatever comes out of Bob Fescoe's mouth.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
WhitlockJason

KC talk radio is place that reported Missouri to Big Ten. Hosts consistently make up stuff. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. 2 minutes ago via web

Pawnmower
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM

C. Even if he did bench Weis, the article never states what point in the second half he took control. Was it halftime? Was it at the beginning of the 4th?

D) After the toss sweep on 4th down

doomy3
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I love all the retards commenting on the bottom. Here's a quarter, go buy a ****ing clue.

Why do you think you know anything more than any of those "retards?" You being so absolutely sure that there is no validity to this is just as insane as anyone believing with 100% certainty that it is accurate at this point.

The article linked did state that Haley took over playcalling the ENTIRE second half. Can anyone look at that game and tell me that we didn't call noticeably different offensive plays from the first snap in the second half compared to the first half?

notorious
I believe that Haley made the 4th down call. That is what head coaches do.

I don't think he took over the entire second half, though.

patteeu

Perhaps Jamaal Charles' injury had something to do with it. :shrug:

doomy3

The article clearly states it was the entire second half.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Perhaps Jamaal Charles' injury had something to do with it. :shrug:

Charles "injured" his shoulder. He played most of the second half and pass blocked. With a shoulder injury, do you think it is harder to carry a football or to pass block Terrell Suggs?

FringeNC
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds fishy to me. Haley ran Charles A LOT last year, and it didn't appear that Haley was calling plays, as others have commented.

Where there is smoke, there is usually some fire. What I will conclude is Charlie Weis was not a good fit, and that Weis should have just left BEFORE the Oakland game.

People forget that two out of the last 3 games LAST year, Haley's offense put up 500 yards. I don't buy the talk of Haley being an incompetent play-caller. If he is, then he should be fired because I thought he was hired because of his offensive background. Either let Haley control the offense like Payton does in New Orleans, or fire him.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Haley ran charles alot last year cause he had no other choice...i think he'd prefer to have get 20 touches a game rather than 30+

Pawnmower
01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Sounds fishy to me. Haley ran Charles A LOT last year, and it didn't appear that Haley was calling plays, as others have commented.

Where there is smoke, there is usually some fire. What I will conclude is Charlie Weis was not a good fit, and that Weis should have just left BEFORE the Oakland game.

People forget that two out of the last 3 games LAST year, Haley's offense put up 500 yards. I don't buy the talk of Haley being an incompetent play-caller. If he is, then he should be fired because I thought he was hired because of his offensive background. Either let Haley control the offense like Payton does in New Orleans, or fire him.

Exactly. Look what he did with AZ and thats all you need to do. The man knows how to call offense.

Anyong Bluth
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
is anyone buying this? On what basis would Haley have stripped the playcalling & how did he manage to call all the plays when every time they showed him on the sideline he had no playsheet!?

Maybe the truth is Haley overruled the 4th & inches play... (?)

TheGuardian
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM

BINGO

Nice post.

memyselfI
01-10-2011, 11:48 AM
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's all about Haley. What a jackass.

Micjones
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Here's all you need to know about sports radio:
Ratings are more important than the truth.

As you were...

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
WhitlockJason

Sensitive inside info on Chiefs: Glazer, Schefter, Mort, PKing, Lombardi... Trust the big-time names. Locally Bill Maas has insight. 5 minutes ago via web

Frosty
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
WhitlockJason

Sensitive inside info on Chiefs: Glazer, Schefter, Mort, PKing, Lombardi... Trust the big-time names. Locally Bill Maas has insight. 5 minutes ago via web

It's pretty sad when Whitlock is one of the voices of reason on a thread.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Locally Bill Maas has insight.

B*llsh*t!!

FAX
01-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Stop the insanity.

There is no damn way that Haley took over the play calling from Weis in the second half.

We got our ass kicked. That's what happened. We're going to have to deal with it.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I doubt this is true. When has 610 ever been right about anything?

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
It's pretty sad when Whitlock is one of the voices of reason on a thread.

THIS. lol what has this place come to?

Detoxing
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
:facepalm:

I can't believe this thread has gone 8 pages. Todd Haley was NOT calling plays on the sideline. Was anyone paying attention to the game at all? Melt down Monday is in full swing.

Some of you need to get a grip, man. That game was a crystal clear demonstration on what everyone has been harping on all season long. They exposed this team, plain and simple.

This team needs some WR's, some LB's, a NT and some goddamn experience. Stop blaming it on anything else.

Pants
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Why do you think you know anything more than any of those "retards?" You being so absolutely sure that there is no validity to this is just as insane as anyone believing with 100% certainty that it is accurate at this point.

The article linked did state that Haley took over playcalling the ENTIRE second half. Can anyone look at that game and tell me that we didn't call noticeably different offensive plays from the first snap in the second half compared to the first half?

Because you obviously never listen to Fescoe. Do you even live in KC? LMAO

Detoxing
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM

Dude. Dude. You need to see things clearly. The article linked was referencing Fescoe. I don't even live in KC and I know that guy is FOS.

And maybe, just maybe, the play calling was a bit different because the CHIEFS, not just Haley, but the CHIEFS were trying to make adjustments to what they thought would work.

Our offense wasn't exactly humming in the first half.

patteeu
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Charles "injured" his shoulder. He played most of the second half and pass blocked. With a shoulder injury, do you think it is harder to carry a football or to pass block Terrell Suggs?

No matter who was calling plays, they aren't dumbasses. There's a reason Charles didn't get carries late in that game and I haven't seen a more likely explanation than his injury. Certainly the nonsense that Fescoe is "reporting" doesn't rise to that level.

notorious
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Exactly. Look what he did with AZ and thats all you need to do. The man knows how to call offense.

Well, let's not forget he had Fitzgerlad, Boldin, and HOF worthy Warner.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
The report also said that Weis is ripping assistants. There's no way that's true.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Because you obviously never listen to Fescoe. Do you even live in KC? LMAO

Yeah, I live in KC. I was at the game yesterday. No, I don't listen to Fescoe.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Dude. Dude. You need to see things clearly. The article linked was referencing Fescoe. I don't even live in KC and I know that guy is FOS.

And maybe, just maybe, the play calling was a bit different because the CHIEFS, not just Haley, but the CHIEFS were trying to make adjustments to what they thought would work.

Our offense wasn't exactly humming in the first half.

As I have said several times, I have no idea if this report is true. I don't see how anyone could put this past Haley though, with certainty. The offense definitely changed in the second half, whoever was calling the plays. If there was a different person calling plays in the second half, then that would help explain things.

I was at the game, so I didn't watch Weis shuffling through plays or Haley talking to the defense.

And as sure as some of you are about this not having a chance to be valid, I guess I will defer to you.

notorious
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Has anyone called in and asked him how he came to this conclusion?

doomy3
01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
No matter who was calling plays, they aren't dumbasses. There's a reason Charles didn't get carries late in that game and I haven't seen a more likely explanation than his injury. Certainly the nonsense that Fescoe is "reporting" doesn't rise to that level.

I don't believe for a second that Charles' shoulder injury had anything to do with him not getting carries. Pass blocking is far more taxing on a shoulder than carrying a football is. If he was injured, then he sure as shit shouldn't have been on the field pass blocking.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Has anyone called in and asked him how he came to this conclusion?

I'm sure he would say he has a "source". And that's probably either Nick Wrong or the little man who lives in his large toe.

FAX

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't believe for a second that Charles' shoulder injury had anything to do with him not getting carries. Pass blocking is far more taxing on a shoulder than carrying a football is. If he was injured, then he sure as shit shouldn't have been on the field pass blocking.

Charles (even injured) would be begging to get in that game, Mr. doomy3. In that particular package ... the one in which he was pass-blocking, there's no guarantee he would be needed as a blocker. The blitz determined that ... not the OC.

With all respect, this stuff is reaching "Aliens Probed My Dog" proportions.

FAX

notorious
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm sure he would say he has a "source". And that's probably either Nick Wrong or the little man who lives in his large toe.

FAX

Or not let them on the air at all.

I enjoy radio, but I also know how the manipulate material and participants to keep the show going in the direction they want.

kcfanXIII
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
If Weis called that he can't get out of KC fast enough.
Seems the toss sweep on 4th down and an inch is going to be remembered along side the kicker who shall not be named.

Count Zarth
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
All of this coaching BS is a red herring anyway.

We got our ass handed to us because we lack talent at numerous key positions.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
All of this coaching BS is a red herring anyway.

We got our ass handed to us because we lack talent at numerous key positions.

Yep.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

Exactly.

As I pointed out in another thread, he couldn't have been that hurt.

He took a pass in the flat 15 yards early in the 3rd quarter.

They thought he was healthy enough to call a goddamn toss sweep on 4th and a foot.

They had no problem having him in there to pick up blitzers.

It's nothing more than a cover-your-ass excuse.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Seems the toss sweep on 4th down and an inch is going to be remembered along side the kicker who shall not be named.

As it should be.

That play changed the game entirely.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Exactly.

As I pointed out in another thread, he couldn't have been that hurt.

He took a pass in the flat 15 yards early in the 3rd quarter.

They thought he was healthy enough to call a goddamn toss sweep on 4th and a foot.

They had no problem having him in there to pick up blitzers.

It's nothing more than a cover-your-ass excuse.

Several people who were at the game reported that he was definitely hurt, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I don't think they were making it up.

Unless, of course, you're calling those people yellow-bellied, no-good liars.

FAX

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
As it should be.

That play changed the game entirely.

If our guys are going to let one play that early in the game decide their playoff performance, they don't deserve to win.

FAX

doomy3
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Several people who were at the game reported that he was definitely hurt, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I don't think they were making it up.

FAX

Myself and OTWP were both at the game. He had his shoulder looked at on the sideline, put his helmet back on and went back out on the field to do a bunch of pass blocking.

patteeu
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM

OK. As soon as you come up with a decent alternative theory, let me know.

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 12:41 PM

FAX:popcorn:

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Personally, I think that we should have picked off Flacco a few times yesterday. We had several opportunities and blew it. We need to work on that more.

A couple of timely INTs for touchdowns would have made a big difference, I think.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Myself and OTWP were both at the game. He had his shoulder looked at on the sideline, put his helmet back on and went back out on the field to do a bunch of pass blocking.

This.

He supposedly was injured late in the 1st half.

He only had one carry after, IIRC, and that was the dreaded toss sweep.

But he was on the field getting snaps.

They just weren't giving him the ball. They had no problem with him picking up blitzes, however.

It's not like the dude never stepped back on the field after the supposed injury.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM

So, in other words, Mr. gblowfish is a yellow-bellied, no-good liar.

FAX

Chiefnj2
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM

FAX

He might have been hurt. So was Suggs. So was Ngata. So was Reed.

He wasn't hurt enough to attempt to pick up blitzes on guys like Suggs. He wasn't hurt enough to be put in on some short pass plays. People assume that if he can pick up blitzes and catch the ball and get tackled, he could run with the ball as well.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
This.

He supposedly was injured late in the 1st half.

He only had one carry after, IIRC, and that was the dreaded toss sweep.

But he was on the field getting snaps.

They just weren't giving him the ball. They had no problem with him picking up blitzes, however.

It's not like the dude never stepped back on the field after the supposed injury.

Maybe they were concerned about fumbles? Maybe the shoulder was creating a problem carrying the rock? Maybe the coaches hate Charles and don't think he has any talent?

FAX

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
He was definitely hurt, but it's an excuse.

On the blitz where Cassel had the fumble that was overturned to an incomplete, JC tried to dip his shoulder and sidestep and completely whiffed on the block.

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM

He wasn't hurt enough to attempt to pick up blitzes on guys like Suggs. He wasn't hurt enough to be put in on some short pass plays. People assume that if he can pick up blitzes and catch the ball and get tackled, he could run with the ball as well.

So, you're calling Mr. gblowfish a yellow-bellied, no-good liar?

FAX

patteeu
01-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Suggs, Ngata, and Reed didn't get any carries either.

doomy3
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
OK. As soon as you come up with a decent alternative theory, let me know.

Haley got overmatched in the game, and tried to be too aggressive with all of the passing. He panicked when we got behind and instead of staying with out strength, he got cute.

That's my theory.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Haley got overmatched in the game, and tried to be too aggressive with all of the passing. He panicked when we got behind and instead of staying with out strength, he got cute.

That's my theory.

Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one

FAX
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM

That's my theory.

In other words, Mr. gblowfish is a yellow-bellied, no-good liar.

FAX

notorious
01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one

...and they usually stink.

MahiMike
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
While I don't for a minute believe Haley took over the playcalling, I DO wanna know what the hell happened in that locker room. The halftime adjustments were horrendous.

jrobbins 20
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
yeah well i think weiss as throwing that game so he could get to florida

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
From Nate Bukaty's twitter http://twitter.com/nate_bukaty

# More Cassel: "Throughout the entire season, if Todd feels strongly about something, he'll speak up and say, 'I want this' or 'I want that.'" half a minute ago via web

I asked Cassel if there was any sign that Haley had taken the play calling from Weis during the game, he said, "Not at all." 2 minutes ago via web

Just spoke w/Cassel. Asked about play calling changes, he said "Yesterday we were just operating as normal. I didn't notice any difference." 4 minutes ago via web

bowener
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
So, question:
Has it been stated, officially, that Haley called all the plays in the second half or are we all being fancy turds, speculating about more shit we don't know or understand?

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
From Nate Bukaty's twitter http://twitter.com/nate_bukaty

# More Cassel: "Throughout the entire season, if Todd feels strongly about something, he'll speak up and say, 'I want this' or 'I want that.'" half a minute ago via web

I asked Cassel if there was any sign that Haley had taken the play calling from Weis during the game, he said, "Not at all." 2 minutes ago via web

Just spoke w/Cassel. Asked about play calling changes, he said "Yesterday we were just operating as normal. I didn't notice any difference." 4 minutes ago via web

He didn't notice that the best player on the team was phased out of the gameplan in the 2nd half after gaining 9 yards a pop in the 1st half?

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
So, question:
Has it been stated, officially, that Haley called all the plays in the second half or are we all being fancy turds, speculating about more shit we don't know or understand?

It's just off Bob's source who is as credible as it gets according to him....They have photo evidence that charlie was eating pizza!!11111

bowener
01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
While I don't for a minute believe Haley took over the playcalling, I DO wanna know what the hell happened in that locker room. The halftime adjustments were horrendous.

A mastermind of distractions snuck 4 dozen fresh Krispy Kreme donuts into the locker room, and then removed all the hand towels. Weis and Crennel stood no chance.

bowener
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
It's just off Bob's source who is as credible as it gets according to him....They have photo evidence that charlie was eating pizza!!11111

I would like some pizza.

BRB I have to piss.

Pants
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
A mastermind of distractions snuck 4 dozen fresh Krispy Kreme donuts into the locker room, and then removed all the hand towels. Weis and Crennel stood no chance.

LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM

my god can weis eat a pizza doesn't mean he said this

bowener
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
my god can weis eat a pizza doesn't mean he said this

Hello?

Yes.

I need some help understanding this post.

http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/126/original/you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

dirk digler
01-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Stop the insanity.

There is no damn way that Haley took over the play calling from Weis in the second half.

We got our ass kicked. That's what happened. We're going to have to deal with it.

FAX

No kidding. Unless I hear it from a more reliable source than dumbass Fescoe I am not buying it

jjjayb
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
He didn't notice that the best player on the team was phased out of the gameplan in the 2nd half after gaining 9 yards a pop in the 1st half?

Like he said. It's the same as it was all year.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
No kidding. Unless I hear it from a more reliable source than dumbass Fescoe I am not buying it

Fescoes source

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aq1uzH00u5Y/R9wbPl0JKeI/AAAAAAAAAP8/wOP7c8i9gMs/s320/pizza+the+hut.jpg

notorious
01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Fescoes source

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aq1uzH00u5Y/R9wbPl0JKeI/AAAAAAAAAP8/wOP7c8i9gMs/s320/pizza+the+hut.jpg

That does it.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Inspector
01-10-2011, 01:34 PM
610 is now reporting that the Chinese are invading. We're supposed to immediately strip to our under garments and jump in the nearest frozen river!!!

I always knew it would end this way. Good luck everyone. And God bless.

FAX

Dammit FAX!! This simply is not true.

And now I'm all wet and freezing!!

Thank goodness I didn't have handcuffs on.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/the-dubious-origin-of-the-haley-report/

The dubious origin of the Haley-Weis report
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2011, 3:53 PM EST
Charlie Weis

During the second break of Monday’s PFT Live, I received an e-mail from our friends at 610 Sports in Kansas City, touting a report from Bob Fescoe that Chiefs coach Todd Haley stripped from former (as of Sunday) offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. So I mentioned it at the top of segment three, and I promptly pounded out an item on the subject immediately after the show ended.

We then began to pick up some information casting doubt on the Fescoe report. For example, Fescoe also reported — and later retracted — that Weis wasn’t in the locker room after the game.

The folks at 610 Sports later sent to us, presumably in an effort to bolster the report, a clip that serves in our view only to make it somewhat weaker.

Appearing on one of the station’s other shows, Fescoe explained that he received two text messages from patrons of a pizza shop that Weis supposedly frequents. (Fescoe refused to name because he didn’t want to give the place “free advertising.”) According to the persons who sent Fescoe text messages, Weis was openly stating in the unnamed pizza place that the play-calling duties had been yanked from him at halftime.

Fescoe didn’t hear it from Weis, but from two folks who texted him to say that Weis was saying it. And Fescoe then went with it without getting a comment from Weis or from the Chiefs.

It sounds like this Fescoe guy operates a little bit like another guy with a six-letter last name beginning with “F”.

Pants
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
:whackit:

LoneWolf
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/the-dubious-origin-of-the-haley-report/

The dubious origin of the Haley-Weis report
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2011, 3:53 PM EST
Charlie Weis

During the second break of Monday’s PFT Live, I received an e-mail from our friends at 610 Sports in Kansas City, touting a report from Bob Fescoe that Chiefs coach Todd Haley stripped from former (as of Sunday) offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. So I mentioned it at the top of segment three, and I promptly pounded out an item on the subject immediately after the show ended.

We then began to pick up some information casting doubt on the Fescoe report. For example, Fescoe also reported — and later retracted — that Weis wasn’t in the locker room after the game.

The folks at 610 Sports later sent to us, presumably in an effort to bolster the report, a clip that serves in our view only to make it somewhat weaker.

Appearing on one of the station’s other shows, Fescoe explained that he received two text messages from patrons of a pizza shop that Weis supposedly frequents. (Fescoe refused to name because he didn’t want to give the place “free advertising.”) According to the persons who sent Fescoe text messages, Weis was openly stating in the unnamed pizza place that the play-calling duties had been yanked from him at halftime.

Fescoe didn’t hear it from Weis, but from two folks who texted him to say that Weis was saying it. And Fescoe then went with it without getting a comment from Weis or from the Chiefs.

It sounds like this Fescoe guy operates a little bit like another guy with a six-letter last name beginning with “F”.

Fatlok?

Frosty
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM

It's hilarious to me to think that Weis would hold court in a pizza parlor and spill the deep, dark secrets of the Chiefs' organization to the commoners. LMAO

FringeNC
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Suppose Charlie Weis actually did say that while stuffing 2 pizzas and a calzone into his mouth -- what I am having a problem with is why not one, but TWO people, would immediately react by texting Fescoe. I don't live in KC anymore, is this Fescoe guy the obvious recipient of these texts or something? I'm not sure I have even heard of the guy.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
It's hilarious to me to think that Weis would hold court in a pizza parlor and spill the deep, dark secrets of the Chiefs' organization to the commoners. LMAO

Yep. This should be completely incomprehensible for even the most ardent Weis hater.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:10 PM
isnt someone here a patron of the pizza parlor?

i could have sworn someone said that the owners has been talking about weis said prior to yesterday, even named the place

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
i tried to find the post but try a search for weis and pizza.......

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
i'm pretty sure someone here has said that weis talks shit in a pizza place before, maybe boss chief? kc boss? damn i was reading it from my phone and a lot of times i dont pay attention to who's post it is...

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
So who's the more foolish? The fool (Fescoe) or the fool who followed him (Florio)?

DA_T_84
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, if he gives draft insight at Best Buy, surely he can vent at a pizza hut.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
i'm pretty sure someone here has said that weis talks shit in a pizza place before, maybe boss chief? kc boss? damn i was reading it from my phone and a lot of times i dont pay attention to who's post it is...

the talking can responded to the post, so searching some of his latest posts would lead to it.

I remember reading the same thing earlier, too.

Sure-Oz
So now Nick Wright is saying Weiss is the only leak at arrowhead....

Sure-Oz
He's mocking Weiss eating pizza on the radio now

KCUnited
I think the bigger question is does Wies order thin crust or hand toss sweep?

suzzer99

Fatlok?

I was wondering that too. I think he's poking fun at himself (Florio) in a really weird way.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
the talking can responded to the post, so searching some of his latest posts would lead to it.

I remember reading the same thing earlier, too.

are we talking about maybe when weis was rumored to go to florida?

thats when i seem to remember it......

suzzer99
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Suppose Charlie Weis actually did say that while stuffing 2 pizzas and a calzone into his mouth -- what I am having a problem with is why not one, but TWO people, would immediately react by texting Fescoe. I don't live in KC anymore, is this Fescoe guy the obvious recipient of these texts or something? I'm not sure I have even heard of the guy.

Apparently he's the only one that will take a text from two (2!) people as a sign of incontestable fact.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM

LMAO

Farzin
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
When Florio talked about another person who has a six-letter last name, starting with "F," the only name that came to mind was Florio. I doubt he was referring to himself., but I cannot think of anyone else.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
are we talking about maybe when weis was rumored to go to florida?

thats when i seem to remember it......

Nope. The post about the pizza shop was today.

Here you go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7342277&highlight=speculation#post7342277

-King-
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
It is a little early to assume that Romeo is staying.

Weis frequents a local pizza joint by my house up north that I frequent as well (great tv's and cheap beer) and according to him Romeo hates Coach Haley too and will look to ride into one of the open head coaching jobs if at all possible. I know that seems obvious, but I figured he would be happy as a D-Coordinator and not be shopping himself around. I don't see this happening, but it is dissapointing to know he is looking at other opportunities after just one year.

Weis made it clear he H A T E S coach Haley. Before hearing this I thought everyones speculation was a conspiracy theory but he made his dissatisfaction loud and clear. He also said that he didnt enjoy the immaturity of college players and had planned to never go back but this was before all of the drama. Supposedly Florida is paying for his sons entire medical education whether Charlie stays there or not. After Notre Dame paid his ass 18 million to leave you'd think he could afford the tab anyways. His wife never really lived here in KC, and I think we are possibly better off without him.

However, even though I really like Coach Haley especially after the inmate's running the asylum coaching styles of Herm and DV, we need to retain talented coordinators to be successful. I really hope Romeo sticks around for the long haul..

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Here you go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7342277&highlight=speculation#post7342277

no no, i heard this before today. i'll check some more of tgh's posts

-King-
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
When Florio talked about another person who has a six-letter last name, starting with "F," the only name that came to mind was Florio. I doubt he was referring to himself., but I cannot think of anyone else.

Yes, he was referring to himself. He's always making fun of himself most notably when he brings up the fact that he reported Terry Bradshaw died a few years ago.

DA_T_84
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
So it seems that The God Hypothesis = Fescoe's source

suzzer99
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
If Weis is really immature enough to spew that kind of crap to anyone who will listen in a pizza parlor, then I'm going to go ahead and give Haley the benefit of the doubt in any conflicts they have. I hope the stuff about Crennel isn't true though. We know the stuff about Haley calling every play in the second half can't be true unless he was calling them from memory using telepathy with Cassel.

Lzen
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM

Care to provide a link?

kstater
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
So we're to believe that Weis left Arrowhead and went to some pizza place and spilled his guts?

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
So Weis sits around pizza joints publicly badmouthing his employer?

I find that really hard to believe. But if he does (or did), then I'm glad he's gone. That indicates a guy with some problems.

Did he do this in New England and South Bend, too? Or is Haley just absolutely by far the worst person he's ever worked with and thus deserves to have the special treatment of Charlie telling everybody on a bar stool what he really thinks?

Lzen
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
So we're to believe that Weis left Arrowhead and went to some pizza place and spilled his guts?

Yes. Aren't people naive?

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM

...and thus we're being asked to believe that Weis is, literally, the stupidest motherfucker ever to walk the face of the earth.

Steron
If this stuff turns out to be true, I hope Haley gets fired. You gotta trust your coordinators.

HemiEd
Care to provide a link?

It is the one Deeznutz supplied.

"Nope. The post about the pizza shop was today.

Here you go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...on#post7342277"

BigMeatballDave
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Why does everyone take these morons word as gospel?

petegz28
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Not surprised if true.

Unless after that play was when Haley said enough is enough?

FringeNC
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
"Supposedly Florida is paying for his sons entire medical education whether Charlie stays there or not."

LOL. If this influences Weis's decisions, given his net wealth, the guy is insane.

Story sounds outlandish enough to be true. Who would make that up? Perhaps all the pressure and the ultimate failure at ND caused Charlie to lose it.

petegz28
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
FTR, Fescoe also said the home opener against SD was the most important game for the Chiefs in 20 years.

dirk digler
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM

That adds some credibility to the story.

tk13
I heard Haley went to a Cajun place after the game... ordered a gator filet covered in gravy, chucked it against the wall and screamed "CHARLIEEEE!" while everyone watched in horror.

Reerun_KC
Yes. Aren't people naive?

especially on CP after a loss....

they would lynch an infant just because....

The knee jerk reactions on here are amazing....

Dave Lane
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I find this more convincing than whatever comes out of Bob Fescoe's mouth.

Who you going to believe Bob Shitpile or your own lying eyes?

PS I was at the game too and Haley was frequently turned around and looking away from the field. I can't speak for the drive after we went down 30-7 as I left at that point.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM

That's my theory.

Upon further review, you're absolutely right, IMO.

Neither you nor I believe in the bullshit excuse that Charles was injured.

So I just went back and charted every snap Charles took on offense AFTER the supposed injury.

Charles was on the field for 15 snaps after the "injury."

2 carries, including the infamous 4th and a foot.

He was sent into a pass route 5 times, being targeted once, with that being a 15 yard reception.

He was used in pass protection EIGHT times. He picked up a rusher on 3 occasions - against Jameel McClain, Haruki Namamura and Danelle Ellerbe. He whiffed on a pickup attempt on LaDarius Webb.

15 snaps.

3 touches.

Injury my ass.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I heard Haley went to a Cajun place after the game... ordered a gator filet covered in gravy, chucked it against the wall and screamed "CHARLIEEEE!" while everyone watched in horror.

Link?

notorious
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
610 wanted run, and they got it.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:49 PM

ok so the god hypothesis talked about a pizza shop owner before and stevieray said he heard a rumor about weis and haley not getting along from a restaurant owner he knows.

Stinger
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
especially on CP after a loss....

they would lynch an infant just because....

The knee jerk reactions on here are amazing....

this board needs an enema...........

http://jdwaggoner.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jack-nicholson_joker.jpg

notorious
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
this board needs an enema...........

http://jdwaggoner.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jack-nicholson_joker.jpg

Nobody would be left on CP. :)

Dave Lane
01-10-2011, 02:54 PM

That's my theory.

With his back to the field to boot. No wonder he he called such horrible calls. He wasn't even watching the game for gods sake :)

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM

I heard that and then he said "Josh McDaniels was also the guy that refused to shake Haleys hand". Which is obviously wrong and the other way around.

I cannot see a scenario outside of Weiss stepping down for health reasons (Charlie lives by me and frequents a locally owned pizza joint named All Star Pizza, and jesus that guy looks and eats unhealthy) that Pioli and Haley would even consider a switch at the offensive coordinator position.

FWIW, I've heard this rumor...from an owner of a restaurant where CW frequents.

about a week ago...he's no schlub, but it could be stemming from his own bias or opinion. I know a guy who rails on Haley after every home game...and we're undefeated so far...:shrug:

here they are. i thought someone talked about a pizza owner in the weis to fla thread. this is why i thought that

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Upon further review, you're absolutely right, IMO.

Neither you nor I believe in the bullshit excuse that Charles was injured.

So I just went back and charted every snap Charles took on offense AFTER the supposed injury.

Charles was on the field for 15 snaps after the "injury."

2 carries, including the infamous 4th and a foot.

He was sent into a pass route 5 times, being targeted once, with that being a 15 yard reception.

He was used in pass protection EIGHT times. He picked up a rusher on 3 occasions - against Jameel McClain, Haruki Namamura and Danelle Ellerbe. He whiffed on a pickup attempt on LaDarius Webb.

15 snaps.

3 touches.

Injury my ass.

Strange to say the least...

Dude likes to put the rock on the ground when it seems the most critical... Along with always having an issue with something...

Seems like a Drama Queen to me..... My guess is the Chiefs really dont like him because he was drafted by Herm... (Adjust sarcasm meter)

Dave Lane
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM

Farzin?

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I think the Chiefs paniced....

After the 3rd and Olathe when we had B-more backed up to end the first half... Flacco hits Heap for 17 yards for the first down...... I looked at my son and said... This team just quit, its over and B-more will never look back...

From that point on. It was all B-more. We never even made a small wimper in return...

FAX
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
... My guess is the Chiefs really dont like him because he was drafted by Herm... (Adjust sarcasm meter)

It isn't that Haley doesn't like him. It's just that he knows that Jamaal was named after that jelly with every fruit known to man in it ... and, therefore, comes from a non-traditional family.

FAX

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-10-2011, 03:07 PM
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
It's funny when u break a story how many people spend so much time trying to discredit u seems like sour grapes to me

FAX
01-10-2011, 03:08 PM

After the 3rd and Olathe when we had B-more backed up to end the first half... Flacco hits Heap for 17 yards for the first down...... I looked at my son and said... This team just quit, its over and B-more will never look back...

From that point on. It was all B-more. We never even made a small wimper in return...

I don't think the coaches panicked. I think some of the players did, though.

Quick Draw looked lost most of the time in the second half ... as did the LBs.

But, basically, the offense looked horrible. The blocking was terrible, the timing was terrible, the receivers were terrible, and Cassel was terrible. I don't know if we were that bad or the Ravens made us look that bad ... but we were more pitiful than a draftabulator crab infection on Senior day.

FAX

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 03:09 PM

I thought it was a huge play at the time, and said on the game thread we may look back on that as a turning point.

BUT ... we DID make more than a whimper after that. Remember, it was still just 10-7 and we were driving at the start of the 3rd quarter (after the crazy INT + fumble recovery) to the Balt 33. That's when we fucked up the 4th and 1.

If we make that, we are in good shape for at least a game-tying FG. We may still go on and lose, who knows?

But what we do know is that after the 4th and 1, we collapsed. We gave up a FG, Dex fumbled, gave up a FG, INT, gave up a TD, went 3-and-out, gave up a TD.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Strange to say the least...

Dude likes to put the rock on the ground when it seems the most critical... Along with always having an issue with something...

Seems like a Drama Queen to me..... My guess is the Chiefs really dont like him because he was drafted by Herm... (Adjust sarcasm meter)

Yeah, it is strange.

It's also wholly unacceptable for your best player to get 3 touches on 15 snaps after running roughshod over Baltimore in the first 20 minutes.

I really warmed to Haley as this season went on, but this feud with Weis, getting completely outcoached Sunday and then implying that JC was injured to cover his ass leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

FAX
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah, it is strange.

It's also wholly unacceptable for your best player to get 3 touches on 15 snaps after running roughshod over Baltimore in the first 20 minutes.

I really warmed to Haley as this season went on, but this feud with Weis, getting completely outcoached Sunday and then implying that JC was injured to cover his ass leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Perhaps you should gargle with something.

Blaming this loss on Haley is like blaming Einstein for darkness, my friend.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Perhaps you should gargle with something.

Blaming this loss on Haley is like blaming Einstein for darkness, my friend.

FAX

Where did I say I was blaming the loss on Haley?

All I implied is that he took a huge step back on the biggest stage.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I thought it was a huge play at the time, and said on the game thread we may look back on that as a turning point.

BUT ... we DID make more than a whimper after that. Remember, it was still just 10-7 and we were driving at the start of the 3rd quarter (after the crazy INT + fumble recovery) to the Balt 33. That's when we ****ed up the 4th and 1.

If we make that, we are in good shape for at least a game-tying FG. We may still go on and lose, who knows?

But what we do know is that after the 4th and 1, we collapsed. We gave up a FG, Dex fumbled, gave up a FG, INT, gave up a TD, went 3-and-out, gave up a TD.
OTWP made that same point..

That 4th and 1 was fucking moronic....

Either one of those points I guess can be looked at... Considering the O was driving to open the half, kind of negates the collaspe at the end of the 1st half...

But for us, we knew at that point, it was finished...

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Scope or Listerine?

Either one of those might help....:drool:

bevischief
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I still blame Weis. I sent several 1 finger salutes to the press box yesterday in protest.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
OTWP made that same point..

That 4th and 1 was fucking moronic....

Either one of those points I guess can be looked at... Considering the O was driving to open the half, kind of negates the collaspe at the end of the 1st half...

But for us, we knew at that point, it was finished...

I honestly believed we were going to win that game up until the failed 4th down call. In my gut, I knew we'd win.

After seeing the playcall and result, there was no doubt in my mind we'd lose.

It was a huge momentum swing, and it absolutely affected our players and fans.

Frosty
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
So, all season long, people have been saying "Charles needs more carries" because at times the play-calling tended to inexplicably move away from him getting the ball. Then, when the same thing happens in the play-offs, people think the play-caller changed?

Pants
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
So, all season long, people have been saying "Charles needs more carries" because at times the play-calling tended to inexplicably move away from him getting the ball. Then, when the same thing happens in the play-offs, people think the play-caller changed?

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I honestly believed we were going to win that game up until the failed 4th down call. In my gut, I knew we'd win.

This is completely how I felt too. I also felt some of our momentum slip away when the Ravens converted the third and long that kept their drive alive and allowed them to score before halftime.

But I just have this feeling that had we converted that fourth down, we score...and if we score, the game completely changes.

This is not to say we were one play away from winning that game, but it was in no way, shape, or form, what I would have thought a 30-7 loss would look like.

FAX
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM

The guy's team just lost the biggest game of his head coaching career and you're jumping up and down in your new, lace panties screaming the worn out, "Haley's a dumbass and Charles needs more carries" mantra. That's how I read it, anyhow.

Remember that 2-14 season? Haley has brought us back from the depths of Hell itself, man. He deserves a lot of rope because he's earned it, so far. I figure that, if Jamaal didn't carry the football more, there was a reason. You seem to be making the case that Haley is so stupid, he just kinda forgot to call Charles' number.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
The guy's team just lost the biggest game of his head coaching career and you're jumping up and down in your new, lace panties screaming the worn out, "Haley's a dumbass and Charles needs more carries" mantra. That's how I read it, anyhow.

Remember that 2-14 season? Haley has brought us back from the depths of Hell itself, man. He deserves a lot of rope because he's earned it, so far. I figure that, if Jamaal didn't carry the football more, there was a reason. You seem to be making the case that Haley is so stupid, he just kinda forgot to call Charles' number.

FAX

I think you're putting a lot of words in my mouth.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I think you're putting a lot of words in my mouth.

He's just trying to help with the bad taste.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM

FAX

There are a lot of things to get mad about. Getting riled up about Charles' carry totals isn't one of them.

I keep telling people to take a serious look at the drive chart on the first three drives of the second half. Charles not getting the ball was not the issue on those drives.

Guru
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Again, I said "if this is true" and I did mean that.

also, the article did leave it out there, to me anyway, that it was the entire second half.

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM

I was feeling real good to that point. As they were lining up for 4th and 1, I typed on the game thread something like "Make a good playcall." After that playcall, I literally threw a chair in my house.

You were there, you tell me, but watching on TV I felt everything just drain from the stadium. I slumped back in front of my computer and thought, "Man, we are FUCKED now."

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
There are a lot of things to get mad about. Getting riled up about Charles' carry totals isn't one of them.

I keep telling people to take a serious look at the drive chart on the first three drives of the second half. Charles not getting the ball was not the issue on those drives.

Charles not getting the ball is just part of the issue.

Haley claiming that Charles not getting the ball to injury is just as big a part, IMO.

And I'm sorry, but saying JC not getting the ball wasn't an issue didn't watch the first half when he was gouging the defense for 9 a carry.

Using your best player in pass protection isn't a good use of resources.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM

i felt the exact same way......

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I was feeling real good to that point. As they were lining up for 4th and 1, I typed on the game thread something like "Make a good playcall." After that playcall, I literally threw a chair in my house.

You were there, you tell me, but watching on TV I felt everything just drain from the stadium. I slumped back in front of my computer and thought, "Man, we are FUCKED now."

That playcall sucked the life out of the stadium.

FAX
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM

You were there, you tell me, but watching on TV I felt everything just drain from the stadium. I slumped back in front of my computer and thought, "Man, we are ****ED now."

That play (or one very similar) had worked earlier for about 12 yards, I think. I haven't seen a replay, but it appeared to me that it was very poorly blocked. We had one guy (RT? TE?) who found himself rolling around on the ground in the backfield about the time our RB got the handoff.

The Ravens D is really good and they played that thing well. We got our ass handed to us on that play and it wasn't quite the same ass we had before.

Sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes you're a tent burrito.

I don't think that particular play evidenced a coaching flaw as much as poor clutch execution and some good, damn defense.

FAX

Farzin
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Farzin?

If that was my last name, you could be right, but it's not.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM

yep, up until that point it was pretty loud in the stadium. not as loud as on mnf but loud enough.....

Guru
01-10-2011, 03:37 PM

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from posting like you said yesterday. :p

siberian khatru
That play (or one very similar) had worked earlier for about 12 yards, I think. I haven't seen a replay, but it appeared to me that it was very poorly blocked. We had one guy (RT? TE?) who found himself rolling around on the ground in the backfield about the time our RB got the handoff.

The Ravens D is really good and they played that thing well. We got our ass handed to us on that play and it wasn't quite the same ass we had before.

Sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes you're a tent burrito.

I don't think that particular play evidenced a coaching flaw as much as poor clutch execution and some good, damn defense.

FAX

Are you calling me a low-life, yellow-bellied liar?

Start Croyle
Let's see if we can guess which pizza place is Weiss' favorite!

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis
It is a little early to assume that Romeo is staying.

Weis frequents a local pizza joint by my house up north that I frequent as well (great tv's and cheap beer) and according to him Romeo hates Coach Haley too and will look to ride into one of the open head coaching jobs if at all possible.

I'll start! Is it 'The Dish' in Liberty? That's the only pizza place I've been to north of the river!

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Charles not getting the ball is just part of the issue.

Haley claiming that Charles not getting the ball to injury is just as big a part, IMO.

And I'm sorry, but saying JC not getting the ball wasn't an issue didn't watch the first half when he was gouging the defense for 9 a carry.

Using your best player in pass protection isn't a good use of resources.

The first drive in the second half wasn't killed because Charles didn't get the ball. It was killed because we had two tries to convert a very makeable third and 2 and 4th and 1 and failed (and by the way, the refs definitely fucked up on the spot--Jones' run was most definitely a first down).

And if you're going to argue about the first 3 pass plays in the 3-down sequence, maybe we should place some of the blame on Charles for dropping a first down pass that would have at least given us 5 yards, maybe even a first down.

The second drive... Charles didn't get the ball because on the very first play, Cassel got tagged for intentional grounding. 2nd and 20, then 3rd and 25. Are we really going to be upset because we didn't run on 2nd and 20 given our situation? That drive is on Cassel, not on the inability to use Charles.

The third drive... Jones ran on first down, Cassel throws a pick on 2nd down. Maybe Charles could have run on one of those 2 downs, but c'mon... these are two plays. Now it's 23-7. No reason to give Charles the ball after this point.

To say we lost because we abandoned Charles in the 3rd quarter is completely splitting hairs. It wasn't even close to being a reason why we fell apart.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from posting like you said yesterday. :p

I posted once last night, and not much today.

I probably won't be around much once school starts next week.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I posted once last night, and not much today.

I probably won't be around much once school starts next week.

so you left when we were good and now you are going to leave like a little baby now that we are out of it. frontrunner.

lol J/K.:p

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
so you left when we were good and now you are going to leave like a little baby now that we are out of it. frontrunner.

lol J/K.:p

Where the fuck were you yesterday? I saved a sample of playoff bourbon until 11:00.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
i felt the exact same way......

Ditto.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
The first drive in the second half wasn't killed because Charles didn't get the ball. It was killed because we had two tries to convert a very makeable third and 2 and 4th and 1 and failed (and by the way, the refs definitely fucked up on the spot--Jones' run was most definitely a first down).

And if you're going to argue about the first 3 pass plays in the 3-down sequence, maybe we should place some of the blame on Charles for dropping a first down pass that would have at least given us 5 yards, maybe even a first down.

The second drive... Charles didn't get the ball because on the very first play, Cassel got tagged for intentional grounding. 2nd and 20, then 3rd and 25. Are we really going to be upset because we didn't run on 2nd and 20 given our situation? That drive is on Cassel, not on the inability to use Charles.

The third drive... Jones ran on first down, Cassel throws a pick on 2nd down. Maybe Charles could have run on one of those 2 downs, but c'mon... these are two plays. Now it's 23-7. No reason to give Charles the ball after this point.

To say we lost because we abandoned Charles in the 3rd quarter is completely splitting hairs. It wasn't even close to being a reason why we fell apart.

Again, where have I said we lost because we abandoned Charles?

I haven't.

I am, however, upset that we didn't use him effectively in the 2nd half in a tight game, and I'm disappointed that Haley thinks we're all stupid enough to think he was injured when he was on the field picking up blitzers the majority of his 2nd half snaps.

Hog Farmer
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
If we had not started turning the ball over we wouldn't be having this conversation. Yes the 4th down call didn't work but do you really think running it up the gut against the Ravens on 4th down would be genious. Not !