PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fitzgerald Talk?

acarter25
01-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Haven't seen anything on here lately so I figured I'd give it a shot. Any new rumors/news on Fitz being a Chief next year?

Brock
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Rumor is, no.

DMAC
01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Can he call plays?

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
We going after Northwestern's coach for Offensive Coordinator. :)

Pioli Zombie
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
NO NO NO. The Chiefs don't want a guy like Fitzgerald. He's too good. Kevin Curtis will do just fine.

Hoover
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
We should instead sign James Jones from Green Bay. We can't afford to give up picks.

RealSNR
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody make the retarded argument, "Larry Fitzgerald is similar in size, speed, and athletic ability to Bowe. We're gonna need some variety at the WR position, not just one type of big, fast, strong, physical receiver"

acarter25
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
NO NO NO. The Chiefs don't want a guy like Fitzgerald. He's too good. Kevin Curtis will do just fine.

Thanks for bringing me back to Earth. Sorry guys, I don't know what got in to me. How foolish I am.

Psyko Tek
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for bringing me back to Earth. Sorry guys, I don't know what got in to me. How foolish I am.

n00b mistake,
it's ok, you'll learn

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is similar in size, speed, and athletic ability to Bowe. We're gonna need some variety at the WR position, not just one type of big, fast, strong, physical receiver.

DaFace
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
You know the whole "where there's smoke, there's fire" saying? Unless I've missed something, I haven't even seen evidence of a match being struck aside from fan chatter saying "Wouldn't this be awesome!".

acarter25
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
n00b mistake,
it's ok, you'll learn

Thanks for the support. +Rep

DaFace
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is similar in size, speed, and athletic ability to Bowe. We're gonna need some variety at the WR position, not just one type of big, fast, strong, physical receiver.

Well, the problem is, Bowe is a big, strong, physical receiver. But he ain't that fast.

CaliforniaChief
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Apparently Fitz and the Cardinals are talking about an extension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cardinals-and-Fitzgerald-talking-extension?urn=nfl-305420

I had referred to this yesterday and know it's old news, but pertinent to this thread. So maybe talks will break down and it will become clear that the two are no longer compatible. But it's not looking like it. Not anymore.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd check with all star pizza in the northland i hear alot of NFL secrets get out there

acarter25
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Apparently Fitz and the Cardinals are talking about an extension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cardinals-and-Fitzgerald-talking-extension?urn=nfl-305420

I had referred to this yesterday and know it's old news, but pertinent to this thread. So maybe talks will break down and it will become clear that the two are no longer compatible. But it's not looking like it. Not anymore.

Wonderful news :thumb:

siberian khatru
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Well, the problem is, Bowe is a big, strong, physical receiver. But he ain't that fast.

;)

DaFace
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
;)

:doh!:

royr17
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I wouldnt have a problem with Steve Breaston in KC as long as his knee is fine. The guy has got some speed, probably more so that Fitz and D-Bowe.

I say make a play for him and draft a WR.

DaKCMan AP
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
The deal is done.

acarter25
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I wouldnt have a problem with Steve Breaston in KC as long as his knee is fine. The guy has got some speed, probably more so that Fitz and D-Bowe.

Not a bad idea. I'd be all for it if we didn't get Fitz.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2011, 09:17 PM
If Buffalo lets Lee Evans go we should be all over him as well.

Frankie
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Haven't seen anything on here lately so I figured I'd give it a shot. Any new rumors/news on Fitz being a Chief next year?

"Report: Cardinals start preliminary talks with WR Fitzgerald"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d94d24/article/report-cardinals-start-preliminary-talks-with-wr-fitzgerald

DaKCMan AP
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM

Fitz is better but Evans skill set complements Bowe more.

Frankie
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM

Pish posh! ;) We need to force the other guys to have to single cover one.

BossChief
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM

this
and this

If either Steve Smith or Santana Moss shake loose, either would be a good sign as well.

CaliforniaChief
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Bobby Sippio's mother would look good compared to what we've had across from Bowe.

Psyko Tek
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
fitz is gonna cost a one
i can't see az cutting hime loose unless he tells them he is done

RealSNR
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is similar in size, speed, and athletic ability to Bowe. We're gonna need some variety at the WR position, not just one type of big, fast, strong, physical receiver.I DISAGREE!

royr17
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
this

and this

If either Steve Smith or Santana Moss shake loose, either would be a good sign as well.

I would be happy if the Chiefs were to at least get one of the receivers between Steve Breaston, Lee Evans, Steve Smith, and Santana Moss.

But I would say more so than anything if Breaston comes available I could see him ending up in Kansas City due to the ties that he has to Todd Haley. But the other 3 would be good pickups too.

Dante84
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Bobby Sippio's mother

Good ol' Sobby Bippio... I loved her so.

Rooster
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Bobby Sippio's mother would look good compared to what we've had across from Bowe.

That bitch can catch but gets aligator arms when she's going across the middle. No thanks.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM

LMAO

good one

Coogs
01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I would be happy if the Chiefs were to at least get one of the receivers between Steve Breaston, Lee Evans, Steve Smith, and Santana Moss.

But I would say more so than anything if Breaston comes available I could see him ending up in Kansas City due to the ties that he has to Todd Haley. But the other 3 would be good pickups too.

According to this list, both Breaston and Smith are restricted FA's. Evans isn't even on the list.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239309&highlight=Santana+Moss

Frosty
01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Fitz in KC?

http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Steve Breaston - Rotoworld

The Arizona Repuplic's Kent Somers writes that the Cardinals "have shown little interest" in re-signing Steve Breaston.

Somers thinks the "most likely reason for lack of contract talks" is the condition of Breaston's right knee. Breaston had surgery on September 28 to repair a torn meniscus, a procedure that normally sidelines players 4-6 weeks, but he was back in three. His production has stalled recently and he's had swelling in the knee. It will be interesting to see what Arizona with him this offseason.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Smith - Rotoworld

Giants GM Jerry Reese said Monday that the Giants will not re-sign any of their free agents until a new CBA is in place.

"We're not sure what the rules are right now," Reese said. "That's what we're waiting on." TE Kevin Boss, RB Ahmad Bradshaw, WR Steve Smith, and DE Mathias Kiwanuka are all set to become free agents. Reese referenced Smith in the team's future plans, but was much less committal with regards to Kiwi, saying, "Will we offer him a one-year deal so we can re-establish his value? Or will we go in a different direction? We'll see how that goes."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lee Evans - Rotoworld

Bills coach Chan Gailey would not rule out the potential offseason release of Lee Evans Wednesday.

"We'll I doubt it," Gailey started, "But I'm not gonna say anything's impossible." Turning 30 in March, Evans is coming off the worst statistical season of his career while being passed by Steve Johnson as Buffalo's No. 1 receiver. Gailey attributed Evans' reduced numbers to increased "double coverage." He is due a $1 million roster bonus this offseason.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Santana Moss - Rotoworld

After expressing frustration with the Redskins in Week 14, impending free agent Santana Moss now says he wants to re-sign this offseason.

Following the loss to the Bucs, Moss unloaded on teammates playing "for their own perspective and their own reason." At age 31, he's also grown tired of the losing seasons in D.C. As every player knows, though, it's always a good idea to keep the deep-pocketed Redskins in the picture as a potential bidder. For their part, the 'Skins would be better off chasing a true No. 1 such as Vincent Jackson.

Coogs
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Those two would both still be restricted FA's though, even if they do not want to resign them. That means compensation would be due to the Cards or Giants.

Moss is an unrestricted FA, which means we could make him an offer even if he has interest in resigning with the Redskins.

Evans, if released, obviously would not cost us any compensation just like Moss.

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Those two would both still be restricted FA's though, even if they do not want to resign them. That means compensation would be due to the Cards or Giants.

Moss is an unrestricted FA, which means we could make him an offer even if he has interest in resigning with the Redskins.

Evans, if released, obviously would not cost us any compensation just like Moss.

Yea but I would prefer to see Breaston in KC, Evans is 30 and Moss is 31, they are on the downward spiral.

Coogs
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Yea but I would prefer to see Breaston in KC, Evans is 30 and Moss is 31, they are on the downward spiral.

Moss had 93 catches for 1115 yards. 4th and 10th in the league respectively.

the Talking Can
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Moss is 31, but has been getting better for 3 straight years

Evans is 29, but his stats have been declining 3 out of the last 4 years

i'd prefer moss, but would take either AND still draft a WR to groom...

we need 2 WRs

Coogs
01-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Moss is 31, but has been getting better for 3 straight years

Evans is 29, but his stats have been declining 3 out of the last 4 years

i'd prefer moss, but would take either AND still draft a WR to groom...

we need 2 WRs

I'm good with this. It would move the priority in the draft down a bit though, and not make it a need early in the draft... unless someone too good to pass up is setting there in that round.

Dante84
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
It'd be sweet if we got two of the four bigger name WR FA's

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Lol nick wright saying he trade bowe and a 2 FOR fitz

royr17
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Moss had 93 catches for 1115 yards. 4th and 10th in the league respectively.

All I was saying was that with the age of them, they probably have maybe only a couple of good years left in them and probably are facing a decline in speed. But if we could have em then I would take either one of them they are certainly way better than Chambers or anything else we have outside of Bowe.

cmh6476
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Lol nick wright saying he trade bowe and a 2 FOR fitz

didn't nick wright also ask haley in a press conference why they didn't offer Weiss's son a job on the coaching staff to encourage weiss to stay? Uhh perhaps cause he's a freshamn in college and we don't offer college degrees?

:shrug: