PDA

View Full Version : Football Oregon was jobbed

Cave Johnson
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Let me preface this by saying I didn't watch the game, because the BCS can eat a bag of dicks. I don't know whether Auburn would have scored anyway, or won in OT. But to have this kind of inconsistent officiating, in a game played 5 weeks after the season is over, is disgraceful.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

jd1020
01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
This is beyond stupid. His hand was flat, palm down. In the first instance the runners hand that was around the ball hit the ground, palm up.

Saulbadguy
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I saw no flags for excessive celebration either - although I did not watch the entire game.

;)

baitism
01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
The call was right. Stop whining. I was rooting for Oregon, too.

Bane
01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah ok,but Oregon fucked themselves by turning the ball over instead of scoring TD's.

Frosty
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I didn't see that you started a thread about it. Here is what I wrote in the other thread.

I guess you would have to define exactly where the wrist is. In the Ark example, it was the back of the hand/ wrist that was down. In the Auburn example, it was the palm that was down and could be considered just the hand. With the palm down, it's hard to have the wrist down, too, without having the forearm come down unless the hand is rocked back, which it wasn't.

BTW, I'm not sure the safety wasn't a worse call as it seemed like James got the ball out at the last second. However, Oregon lined up off-sides all night long and it was never called, so screw 'em.

Cave Johnson
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
This is beyond stupid. His hand was flat, palm down. In the first instance the runners hand that was around the ball hit the ground, palm up.

The rulebook doesn't specify that it has to be the hand with the ball to be down. Nor does it distinguish flat hand from curled.

Pestilence
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Let me preface this by saying I didn't watch the game

Then STFU.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
BTW, I'm not sure the safety wasn't a worse call as it seemed like James got the ball out at the last second. However, Oregon lined up off-sides all night long and it was never called, so screw 'em.

The ball was half on the line. How is that out of the endzone?

baitism
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM

That call was right, too. The WHOLE ball has to get past the goal line, not just the tip, and it clearly did not.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
The rulebook doesn't specify that it has to be the hand with the ball to be down. Nor does it distinguish flat hand from curled.

Brace yourself up with your palm down and tell me if your wrist is touching the ground. Then roll over with your palm up, holding a football, and tell me if your wrist hits the ground.

ChiTown
01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't see that you started a thread about it. Here is what I wrote in the other thread.

I guess you would have to define exactly where the wrist is. In the Ark example, it was the back of the hand/ wrist that was down. In the Auburn example, it was the palm that was down and could be considered just the hand. With the palm down, it's hard to have the wrist down, too, without having the forearm come down unless the hand is rocked back, which it wasn't.

The ball has to be ENTIRELY over the endzone line - not just part of the ball. That was an easy call.

Frosty
01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
The ball has to be ENTIRELY over the endzone line - not just part of the ball. That was an easy call.

My bad. I thought it just had to break the plane, like a touchdown.

kstater
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I saw no flags for excessive celebration either - although I did not watch the entire game.

;)

I saw several players drawing attention to themselves last night.

baitism
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought the game was officiated very well, unlike years back when the refs gifted Ohio State a national championship with a blatantly late and terrible PI call.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
1. It was the right call. Every time I've seen the wrist ruled down it's been the hand carrying the ball with the back of the wrist touching. Not the palm face down and maybe the inside part of the wrist.

2. Players are taught to play through the whistle. At no point did a ref signal the play dead or blow a whistle.

3. If you think that single instance is what lost the game for Oregon or that the (correct) result meant they got jobbed, then your and idiot.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I saw several players drawing attention to themselves last night.

Those penalties only apply to K-State.

morphius
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
My bad. I thought it just had to break the plane, like a touchdown.
actually it is like a touchdown, any part over the line is a touchdown or a safety.

LiveSteam
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Oregon runs a gimmicky offense just like Nebraska & Missouri . Its a great big play offense till you get down in a goal line situation. & then just like Nebraska & Missouri. you cant get the last few yards to score the TD. ZONE READ IS A JOKE & if the PAC-10 had any D the Glowducks would never have went threw that conference undefeated

Chiefnj2
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I thought the officials and replay booth did an excellent job in last nights game.

Oregon - don't run it into the middle of Auburn's DL.

Molitoth
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I was rooting for Oregon, but I have to say the refs did a great job last night. They did NOT get jobbed.

Bane
01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I was rooting for Oregon, but I have to say the refs did a great job last night. They did NOT get jobbed.

I was rooting for the Ducks too,but IMO the refs had nothing to do with Oregon's turnovers and miscues in the red zone.

Shogun
01-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I got a new bed, your argument is invalid.

TheGuardian
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought it was a well officiated game, and everyone saw me pulling for Oregon.

Oregon really just screwed themselves by not capitalizing on the times they were in the red zone. They could/should have won by two scores or more but got stupid/cute.

I'm glad Newton got hurt. That was good.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a well officiated game, and everyone saw me pulling for Oregon.

Oregon really just screwed themselves by not capitalizing on the times they were in the red zone. They could/should have won by two scores or more but got stupid/cute.

I'm glad Newton got hurt. That was good.

Could, but not should. Remember, Auburn had several miscues as well at the goal line and missed a couple of wide open TDs.

DJ's left nut
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
That video is really quite stupid.

The Arkansas back put the back of his hand and his wrist down (the hand was holding the ball, folded upwards at the wrist and the wrist touched).

The Dyer, OTOH, put his palm flat on the ground. His knees/ankles never touched and the whistle didn't blow. He clearly wasn't down.

At best, your argument is that the Arkansas play should've been ruled a TD. But under no reasonable reading of the rules can you argue that Dyer was down - he wasn't. And Oregon didn't play through the whistle.

I hate the SEC, I can't stand Chizek or Auburn. I'd love to see the title stripped because of Newton going forward. At the same time, there's just no other way to call that play - the man wasn't down.

jettio
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Watching the broadcast live, I thought I heard a whistle.

Looking at the replay that ESPN showed without sound, it seems like a couple of officials considered him not down and did not blow whistles.

I did not record it, but would not be surprised if something like a whistle can be heard.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Watching the broadcast live, I thought I heard a whistle.

Looking at the replay that ESPN showed without sound, it seems like a couple of officials considered him not down and did not blow whistles.

I did not record it, but would not be surprised if something like a whistle can be heard.

Be prepared to be surprised...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D46U3cphBg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D46U3cphBg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I need the Count Zarth gif right now..............

jettio
01-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Be prepared to be surprised... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D46U3cphBg

Whatever, Mike Tirico did the radio broadcast. How do you get a video replay with the radio broadcast when I am talking about the TV broadcast.

Musburger and Herbstreit did the TV broadcast.

Live, on the TV broadcast, I heard something that sounded like a whistle.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Whatever, Mike Tirico did the radio broadcast. How do you get a video replay with the radio broadcast when I am talking about the TV broadcast.

Musburger and Herbstreit did the TV broadcast.

Live, on the TV broadcast, I heard something that sounded like a whistle.

Does it matter? Did you hear a fuckin whistle?

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Oregon didn't deserve to win this game with that shitty gameplan anyways...

That game was BORING...supposed to be an offensive game and it turned into a shitty bore fest where Auburn clearly was the better team...

That's a classic example of why I don't waste time on college football...all the hype for that game and it sucked butthole.

LiveSteam
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM

That game was BORING...supposed to be an offensive game and it turned into a shitty bore fest.

THIS

Cave Johnson
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Is he down?

http://deadspin.com/5730681/here-are-two-photos-of-michael-dyer-maybe-being-down

Frosty
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Is he down?

http://deadspin.com/5730681/here-are-two-photos-of-michael-dyer-maybe-being-down

No

Valiant
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Ima huge oregon fan. Game was officiated correctly, oregon just shit the bed.

guns blazing
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
huge oregon cheerleader fan, I'd like to get jobbed by all of them

DJ's left nut
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Is he down?

The ankle picture is close.

But in either event, there's most assuredly not enough to overturn it. As the official said "the ruling on the field stands." They didn't confirm it, just said that it stood.

Ultimately, I think it's about 75% likely that the officials got it correct outright. I'm also damn sure that there's no way they should have overturned it.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I think they should have called him down...

Even if he wasn't "technically" down...I hate how they basically sucked the life out of a potential "all-time" ending to a National Championship game.

Calling him down would have been the right call...he was tackled...a fluke positioning made it a "close call" when it should've just been called down...every single player on the field (even the runner himself) thought he was down...lets say he gets up there and drops the ball and an Oregon guy picks it up...what do they do then? I bet they call him down...

IF they called him down...Auburn would still have had the ball...would still have been in great position...and the ending would have been more justified and memorable.

That said...Auburn was clearly the superior team and a dumbass conservative approach was the only reason Oregon LUCKILY tied up the game at the end...

They kept punting, and punting, and punting, and fucking up...and Auburn refused to take advantage of it even though they moved the ball at will every time they went hurry up and didn't play so damn conservatively.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Even if he wasn't "technically" down...I hate how they basically sucked the life out of a potential "all-time" ending to a National Championship game.

I don't think the refs should called McCluster's fumble a fumble. It basically sucked the life out of the Chiefs.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think the refs should called McCluster's fumble a fumble. It basically sucked the life out of the Chiefs.

McCluster fumbled the ball...

this guy was arguably down...

I wish he got up and dropped the ball...bet they would have called him down if that happened.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
McCluster fumbled the ball...

this guy was arguably down...

I wish he got up and dropped the ball...bet they would have called him down if that happened.

How is one "arguably down" when the rules specifically state that he wasnt?

Pestilence
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM
He was not "arguably down".

kstater
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I get what Hootie is saying. Mike and Mike made a good point this morning, what would have happened had the lineman that was right next to the RB who thought he was down tackled him? Surely a flag would have come.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Whoever created this video is obviously butthurt, but mostly retarded.

WebGem
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
What a stupid fucking video/thread. The call was right, Auburn is 10x better than Oregon and Oregon never had a chance. Get over it, dumbass.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Good job by the refs for not blowing the whistle. I watched it as it happend. I wasn't sure my self at first but after replay didn't look like he was down. The play stood, refs got it right. If they blew the whistle then Auburn would have gotten screwed.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
You play till the whistle is blown.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Is he down?

http://deadspin.com/5730681/here-are-two-photos-of-michael-dyer-maybe-being-downGood God! Let it go, man!

BIG_DADDY
01-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Good job by the refs for not blowing the whistle. I watched it as it happend. I wasn't sure my self at first but after replay didn't look like he was down. The play stood, refs got it right. If they blew the whistle then Auburn would have gotten screwed.

That's just wrong but whatever. Oregon had their chances.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Calling him down would have been the right call...he was tackled...a fluke positioning made it a "close call" when it should've just been called down...every single player on the field (even the runner himself) thought he was down...lets say he gets up there and drops the ball and an Oregon guy picks it up...what do they do then? I bet they call him down...

IF they called him down...Auburn would still have had the ball...would still have been in great position...and the ending would have been more justified and memorable.

That said...Auburn was clearly the superior team and a dumbass conservative approach was the only reason Oregon LUCKILY tied up the game at the end...

They kept punting, and punting, and punting, and fucking up...and Auburn refused to take advantage of it even though they moved the ball at will every time they went hurry up and didn't play so damn conservatively.:spock: Did you eat paint chips as a child?

notorious
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
JFC

The refs made an excellent decision by not blowing the whistle and the Auburn players made a play.

It was the right call for ****s sakes!

You should be talking about how the Auburn safety saved the game by tackling the Oregon WR 2 yards short of the goal line on the breakaway play early in the 4th quarter.

WebGem
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Is he down?

No, he isn't. Fucking idiot.

BigVE
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
actually it is like a touchdown, any part over the line is a touchdown or a safety.

So, in turn, if your LEAVING the end zone you have to completely clear the line which is part of the endzone.

BigVE
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
And, FWIW, I felt that game was actually VERY well officiated. One of the better officiated games I've seen in a long time.

chiefahole
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Oregon should have kicked a field goal when it was 19-11 early in the 3rd.

googlegoogle
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

The defender had him then let him go.

What the F**K do you want- a guy to ram the F%^$$ER from behind to completely tear his head off into the ground?

The rule is being abused by offensive players just like the sidelines are being abused.

Brock
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

What the F**K do you want- a guy to ram the F%^$$ER from behind to completely tear his head off into the ground?

The rule is being abused by offensive players just like the sidelines are being abused.

Play to the whistle. It's like the second or third thing any football player learns.

jd1020
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

:banghead:

WebGem
01-11-2011, 05:35 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

lol what a stupid fucking post

googlegoogle
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
lol what a stupid ****ing post

That play and your post are whats in my toilet at the moment.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

The rule is being abused by offensive players just like the sidelines are being abused.:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Oregon lost. I rejoiced.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey Phil Knight, you're a fucking retart!

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/campus-rivalry/2011/01/11/nikex-large.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Buddy sent me a picture of the Oregon trophy case today. Looks as good as ever!

BIG_DADDY
01-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Oregon lost. I rejoiced.

Why?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Why?

I like you, man. You're like one of two Oregon Duck fans that I like. So nothing personal. Really. But I'm a Washington Husky fan, and they're one of our biggest rivals.

WebGem
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM

LOL

WebGem
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
That play and your post are whats in my toilet at the moment.

Really? Tell me more.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
look I don't give a shit about college football...

but when a guy is "tackled" and everyone including the guy tackled stops...the play should be dead...

Auburn got lucky that someone yelled at him to keep running and it ended up winning them the big game...

Oregon got unlucky the guy didn't just drop the ball (because he thought he was down) so they could have gotten lucky and picked it up on the fluke play...

Either way...when everyone stops playing...the play should be dead...and it ended up ruining (slightly) the integrity of the game...

Either way Auburn deserved to win, they were the better team, and the game totally disappointed to me and didn't live up to the hype...I need to stop wasting time on any college flukeball game...it's B O R I N G.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
any time a team is so one dimensional they have to line up in a spread offense on goal to go from the 2 and can't score against an all out blitz because they try to run 3 draws up the middle for no reason I can't stomach watching that team play...

If I see one more damn bubble screen I'm going to puke my brains out...

How does anyone in the world prefer college flukeball over the NFL?

jd1020
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Auburn got lucky because they have people on their team/staff that know the rules of the game. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PaHcZUHI00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PaHcZUHI00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Auburn got lucky because they have people on their team/staff that know the rules of the game. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

As a very, very casual fan I thought it was a shame to see the game end because a guy got tackled on another player...everyone stopped (including the guy tackled)...and then a few fans and coaches realized the whistle never blew so the guy ran and picked up 40 more yards...

I'm sorry if I think that's a disappointing ending to a disappointing game where the only chance of thing being salvaged was for an all-time ending where one play ended up sucking the life out of the whole game.

Like I said...

If he gets up and drops the ball and walks back towards the huddle the refs would have blown the whistle right away to avoid any confusion...guaranteed.

But instead the ref played hero and now he gets patted on the back for such a great call...

Even though it is a totally confusing call that benefits the offense because, like someone just mentioned, had someone came up and drilled the fuck out of the runner (had he not been moving) it probably would have ended up in being a penalty since the play was dead...

I mean...I don't even care...

Consider me salty because I watched a game from start to finish for the first time all year (college football blows) and it didn't come close to living up to the hype, both high power offenses sucked ball sack and weren't interesting at all (OMG ANOTHER BUBBLE SCREEN), and then when it finally got interesting the game ended because of a fluke play that, REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENED, should have probably been called dead (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS DOWN)...

I wish common sense could be used in some of this shit...just like the Calvin Johnson "drop" to start the NFL this season. He may have dropped it, and the runner in this game may not have been down...but both should have been called differently.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
and I tell you what...

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow should start a car dealership together and sell cars because neither will ever be a successful NFL QB...

Newton is probably celebrating right now with a big bowl of purple drank.

notorious
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
If he gets up and drops the ball and walks back towards the huddle the refs would have blown the whistle right away to avoid any confusion...guaranteed.

"If"

/Thread

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
ok fine

I personally will never make the mistake of watching any hyped college football game again...I'd rather watch the Browns vs. Panthers than whatever that shit was last night...

I suppose it was a fitting ending to a shitty, boring, overhyped crapfest of a game...

I'm glad it ended on a fluke play that should have been called dead...made it even easier to point out how much of a bore fest it really was.

YAWN

YAWN

YAWN

notorious
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM
ok fine

I personally will never make the mistake of watching any hyped college football game again...I'd rather watch the Browns vs. Panthers than whatever that shit was last night...

I suppose it was a fitting ending to a shitty, boring, overhyped crapfest of a game...

I'm glad it ended on a fluke play that should have been called dead...made it even easier to point out how much of a bore fest it really was.

YAWN

YAWN

YAWN

They probably won't miss you considering it was the most watched cable broadcast ever.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110111/tv_nm/us_espnratings_1

BCS title game most-watched cable broadcast ever

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) Monday's BCS title game was the most-watched cable broadcast ever.

ESPN's Tostitos BCS National Championship, which pit the victorious Auburn Tigers against the Oregon Ducks, drew 27.3 million viewers.

A "Monday Night Football" game between the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings on October 5, 2009 was the previous high, which drew 21.8 million.

The Tigers-Ducks game posted an ESPN record 17.8 fast national rating, according to Nielsen. This would make it the highest in the history of cable TV, with records going back to 2001.

ESPN's "Monday Night Football" telecast of the New England Patriots-New Orleans Saints game on November 30, 2009 was the previous cable high at 14.4.

The 16.1 overnight metered market rating beat the BCS National Championship games in 2005 (14.6), which aired on ABC, and 2008 (15.6), broadcast on Fox.

This year was the first the BCS title game was broadcast on cable. ESPN will continue airing the title game through 2014.

The Auburn-Oregon matchup drew big audiences in their regions, respectively: Birmingham, Alabama (67.0) and Portland, Oregon (37.5).

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
that's a lot of disappointed viewers..

notorious
01-11-2011, 09:33 PM

LMAO

Touche.

I was disappointed that the run sucked the energy out of what could have been an epic finish, but what happened was correct.

It's similar to a married man getting hot and heavy with smoking hot chick only to stop everything and leave. It may not have been a fantastic ending but it was the right thing to do.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM

I wasn't disappointed in it at all. Was happy it wasn't that high scoring of a game and that they both played well on defense. It became dramatic to the end. Damn good game!

Sorry for you

Not sorry for me

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
to each their own I guess

I'm a sucker for offense and that's what I wanted to see...

I thought I was going to see two hurry up, badass offenses...instead I saw two hesitant bubble screen offenses who were boring as hell to watch...

and then when it finally was about to get good a fluke play ended the game...

oh well

NewChief
01-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Either Hootie's adderal scrip ran out, or his roomie got a refill. Holy illogical rant, Batman!

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Either Hootie's adderal scrip ran out, or his roomie got a refill. Holy illogical rant, Batman!

really?

so if the dude got up and dropped the ball you'd be ok with it being a fumble?

NewChief
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
really?

so if the dude got up and dropped the ball you'd be ok with it being a fumble?

Okay with it? No, I would say the guy shouldn't stop play until the whistle blows. My observation, though, was more about your frothing at the mouth fervor for this topic. You're cracking me up.

black angus
01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
That call was BULL.

It ruined the game.

Is there anything worse than "abusing the sideline?":hmmm:

milkman
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM

I thought I was going to see two hurry up, badass offenses...instead I saw two hesitant bubble screen offenses who were boring as hell to watch...

oh well

The problem is that you have two offenses that rely on getting into a rythm, with about 5 weeks off before they played this game.

Add the fact that Oregon has a fast athletic defense that matched up well with Cam Newton's athletic ability and you had a formula for an offensive letdown.

It's really stupid to play the biggest game of the year so long after the end of teh season.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
frothing at the mouth fervor

I'm sorry but this expression is way above my intellect...remember I sling pizzas for a living...gonna have to dumb it down a little bit

KC Jones
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah ok,but Oregon ****ed themselves by turning the ball over instead of scoring TD's.

no no, that was the Chiefs.

:deevee:

Frosty
01-12-2011, 07:29 AM

I guess that big yellow zero in there is appropriate. LMAO

eazyb81
01-12-2011, 07:36 AM

oh well

You took the over, didn't you?