PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rich Baldinger. Needed positions. Which one?

googlegoogle
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
He said Oline, WR, Dline and passrush.

Do you really find Olinemen that are good in the lower rounds?

Which one do you take first? OL,WR,OLB-passrusher, or NT.

Count Zarth
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
WR or OLB first. BPA.

Then NT or OL.

And yes, you can find good linemen in lower rounds. At least good GMs do. *cough* Colin Brown.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Dline as in NT. No way we spend a dime on DE.

Mr. Laz
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
too many needs

BPA(that fits our scheme) on every pick

B_Ambuehl
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Unless you're drafting in the top 10 you generally have to plan a year in advance for O and D lineman. It takes these guys a year or 2 to develop.

You can find guys in the later rounds that will be good players down the road, but if you want immediate upgrades on the line(s) you need to go the free agent route.

Marcellus
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
WR or OLB first. BPA.

Then NT or OL.

And yes, you can find good linemen in lower rounds. At least good GMs do. *cough* Colin Brown.

Yup. I agree. The defense needs upgraded but the receiver situation outside of Bowe is as bad as it was when we had Snoop Minnis starting.

Hali, Belcher, DJ and another Stud OLB would make this defense mean even without another NT for a year.

At least we don;t need to a address the secondary.

Brock
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Unless you're drafting in the top 10 you generally have to plan a year in advance for O and D lineman. It takes these guys a year or 2 to develop.

DL maybe. OL, definitely not true.

Psyko Tek
01-11-2011, 05:48 PM
too many needs

BPA(that fits our scheme) on every pick

I am agreeing with laz

whoever is the best available at a position of need

and if the pick a corner or safety
I will scream

milkman
01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Yup. I agree. The defense needs upgraded but the receiver situation outside of Bowe is as bad as it was when we had Snoop Minnis starting.

Hali, Belcher, DJ and another Stud OLB would make this defense mean even without another NT for a year.

At least we don;t need to a address the secondary.

The problem is that without a NT, the LBs still have to sell out to stop the run, which makes pass coverage difficult.

mcaj22
01-11-2011, 06:22 PM
we draft gimmick midget WR/HB/KR for attempt #2 and slow slot CB/KR relative to an NBA player attempt #2 also

Rausch
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd be ok with WR/OL/NT in the first.

Need them all in a big way...