PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Selling Season Ticket Rights: Good Business, or Bad Form?

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Many years ago me and my brother became STH'ers and have screamed our voices away almost every Sunday together. Since the current economy has hurt us both, we've both decided we can no longer afford the ticket package. My brother has stated he intends to sell the rights to his seats, mumbled something about investing the years as a STH to get in those seats and needing a return on them.. Just seems like a dick move to me TBH, I know there's a ton of people waiting to upgrade and seems wrong to keep his seats out the pool. At the same time he's my brother, so I understand why he wants to. Figured since CP is generally on top of everything Chiefs, wondered what the etiquette on that is.. Thoughts?

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Forgot my *Don't cuss me out DRU!!!* Disclaimer...

I'm thinking I'll probably find someone to go half and half on the season with me...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Old Dog
01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
nothing wrong with it IMO. Unless you have prime seats though, I wouldn't think you would find many willing to go much above the $250 (if I recall correctly) transfer fee.

Old Dog
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
can I ask where they're at?
Well, I know I can ask, but will you tell me?

OnTheWarpath58
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
In my case, all I asked was that the new buyer pay the $250 transfer fee the Chiefs require.

And in this market, I wouldn't expect anyone to be willing to pay extra for your seats (yes, I know they are 3rd row) when they can get really good seats by calling the ticket office today, and not paying the transfer fee.

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I can't see any reason at all that he should leave money sitting on the table and let Clark take it home.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I can't see any reason at all that he should leave money sitting on the table and let Clark take it home.

That was my initial thought as well. But Clark is going to get it either way. Either from the OP's brother, or someone else who will buy the seats.

Saulbadguy
01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Unless they are really, really good seats I can't see anyone who would pay more than the $250 transfer fee.

DRU
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Forgot my *Don't cuss me out DRU!!!* Disclaimer...

I'm thinking I'll probably find someone to go half and half on the season with me...

Heh, that's funny. What bugs me is when people with tickets (or the ability to buy tickets) buy them up with no intention of going to the game at all, but only to drive up the price on true fans and make a profit.

The rights to buy season tickets is another thing entirely. In fact, I paid a premium for the rights of the tickets I picked up back in April. So I basically paid to skip all of those years of upgrades. I did that, though, so I could attend the games and enjoy the atmosphere with friends or family. I'm still paying face value for all my tickets and if I'm unable to attend a game I would either give them away or sell them at face value.

Now, if you're trying to buy the rights to some tickets just because you feel like the demand will go back up and your soul purpose is to sell them for a profit next year or in the years to come...that's when I'd probably give ya some shit about it.

OnTheWarpath58
01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
That was my initial thought as well. But Clark is going to get it either way. Either from the OP's brother, or someone else who will buy the seats.

Clark's going to get an extra $250 if they transfer the seats, instead of abandoning them.

I'm batting around the idea of tickets for next year, but there's no reason for me to spend money on a transfer fee, PLUS line the pocket of a STH when there are a shit-ton of good seats I can buy right now, with no extra costs.

It would be different if this were the 90's and there was a waiting list.

I just pulled up the Chiefs website, and found a pair of tickets in the same area as the OP has, 15th row.

Why would I pay $250+ to move down 12 rows?

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM

If there's no profit to be made from the resale, you're right. Is there really no profit in it? Do you guys need to borrow some fans? I mean, I'm not available, but...

Iowanian
01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
too many tickets available unless they're very very good.

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
can I ask where they're at?
Well, I know I can ask, but will you tell me?

They aren't A1 seats, but it took many many upgrades to get there... Sec 113 row 3. Mine are on the aisle, he has seats 3,4.

The Bad Guy
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Now, if you're trying to buy the rights to some tickets just because you feel like the demand will go back up and your soul purpose is to sell them for a profit next year or in the years to come...that's when I'd probably give ya some shit about it.

Again, you're projecting what you think is right on everyone else.

What difference should it make to you if he does that to make a profit? Do you get pissed off at vendors who jack up their prices instead of charging you what they paid?

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Heh, that's funny. What bugs me is when people with tickets (or the ability to buy tickets) buy them up with no intention of going to the game at all, but only to drive up the price on true fans and make a profit.

The rights to buy season tickets is another thing entirely. In fact, I paid a premium for the rights of the tickets I picked up back in April. So I basically paid to skip all of those years of upgrades. I did that, though, so I could attend the games and enjoy the atmosphere with friends or family. I'm still paying face value for all my tickets and if I'm unable to attend a game I would either give them away or sell them at face value.

Ha, I was just kidding around. I know it doesn't mean much, but I gained a little e-respect for ya after your rant... Even tho I myself bought tickets hoping to make the money for my first payment on ST's this year.. :) *Don't hit me*

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Why would I pay $250+ to move down 12 rows?

Really no reason too.. Ima let him know there are seats available in the area just to watch him weep... :)

Old Dog
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
OTWP already replied essentially what I was going to (since I didn't the location). I wouldn't see any reason not to try it though.

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Do you own any appreciated stock that you'd like to sell for what you paid for it?

Fumblerooski
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I just pulled up the Chiefs website, and found a pair of tickets in the same area as the OP has, 15th row.

I'm on my mobile, can you link that page?

Big Dog
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't see how it's a bad move if he can get someone to pay for it, hell I am in about the same situation...deciding if I am going to let mine go. Everyone has their own idea on what the 'best' seats are. If someone is willing to pay a premium for his...I say go for it. I suspect if someone offered me a bundle of cash for the rights to my tickets, it would tip my decision on keeping them or not.

( lower level 10 yd line under cover for weather...if anyone is interested :) )

OnTheWarpath58
01-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm on my mobile, can you link that page?

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_searchtix.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=33b6e0cc5b0f2a056f534e5efd28a201

http://i56.tinypic.com/2n8br0m.jpg

Consistent1
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Many years ago me and my brother became STH'ers and have screamed our voices away almost every Sunday together. Since the current economy has hurt us both, we've both decided we can no longer afford the ticket package. My brother has stated he intends to sell the rights to his seats, mumbled something about investing the years as a STH to get in those seats and needing a return on them.. Just seems like a dick move to me TBH, I know there's a ton of people waiting to upgrade and seems wrong to keep his seats out the pool. At the same time he's my brother, so I understand why he wants to. Figured since CP is generally on top of everything Chiefs, wondered what the etiquette on that is.. Thoughts?

This prolly sounds harsh, but if you decided they can no longer be afforded, end of story.