PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff GF goes to Jeep forum to complain about BFs Jeep project. First response is epic

Fritz88
01-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Her post

So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

The Epic Reply
You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

01-14-2011, 05:32 AM
HOpe they have a hall of classics because that needs to be in it. ROFL

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 06:17 AM
LMAO

chefs fan in omaha
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
They forgot the "wake him up in the morning afectionately"

Bob Dole
01-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Stupid reply didn't even mention pie.

Bane
01-14-2011, 06:37 AM
AWESOME!

Nzoner
01-14-2011, 06:48 AM
"Go to your local library,it's a big building with books inside" LMAO

Loved the whole response

Stewie
01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Sweet!

bevischief
01-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Sweet loved it.

Extra Point
01-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking socket, plug, and Arby's.

Great response to the worst question a woman could ask in such a group.

kepp
01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Nice. I wonder if that was her boyfriend.

Radar Chief
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Agreed. If she really wanted to help that’s what she’d do.

NY CHIEF
01-14-2011, 08:22 AM
:LOL:

notorious
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm thinking socket, plug, and Arby's.

Great response to the worst question a woman could ask in such a group.

That would be EPIC if the Boyfriend made a mult then posted that reponse. LMAO

Extra Point
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Reading that thread, that response was a copy from another auto forum thread, but it got/is getting a lot of play.

The participation in a project between a couple has benefits to the relationship, far exceeding the task at hand. For some, the hand is all one gets to use, for lack of such.