PDA

View Full Version : Football Bart Scott says Wes Welker’s “days in a uniform” are numbered

T-post Tom
01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Bart Scott says Wes Welker’s “days in a uniform” are numbered
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 15, 2011, 11:14 AM EST

Apparently, Jets linebacker Bart Scott didn’t get the NFL’s memo about cleaning up the trash talking.

“I’ll tell you what,” Bart Scott said via Newsday when asked about Wes Welker’s foot routine Thursday. “Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that.”

Well, we’ve now officially entered the physical threat portion of the week. Scott hasn’t made a lot of big plays this year (although he had a key tackle last week) and he’s just guaranteed he’ll be watched a little closer by officials Sunday.

While Scott is direct in his trash talk, Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie says Welker’s words were typical of a Patriots franchise that likes to send out hidden messages.

“If you read in between the lines, a lot of what they say is directed toward us, but they try to clean it up,” Cromartie said. “It’s different, but they are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it’s trash talking no matter how you try to put it, how you try to clean it up.”

We are thankful the talking is just about done, and the games are ready to begin.

UPDATE: NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Twitter: “To confirm what’s being reported: Ray Anderson contacted multiple clubs this week so they could remind players comments of a physically threatening nature are always taken into account in evaluating discipline for illegal physical contact on field.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/15/bart-scott-says-wes-welkers-days-in-a-uniform-are-numbered/

Ebolapox
01-15-2011, 12:17 PM
ROFL dumbass.

Rudy lost the toss
01-15-2011, 12:18 PM
How could anybody like this team? Clowns

the Talking Can
01-15-2011, 12:20 PM
in the huddle before the game

"Hey gang...they're making fun of our coach's love of toes...are we going to put up with that shit?!

HELL NO

Hey gang, they're making fun of our coach's desire to see his wife stuffed in all three holes...are we going to put up with that shit?

HELL.....ah hell, what? 3 holes? wtf do ears count?"

FAX
01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
The NFL loves this stuff. It's like wraslin'.

FAX

kstater
01-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Patriots are in their heads. This game will be fun. NE big.

SNR
01-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Too much violent rhetoric in today's discourse. What if he gets shot in the head?

I just hope he's in a really close family.

Hydrae
01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Hmmm, so Bart Scott is in contact with Pioli and knows that Welker will be a Chief next season.

KCUnited
01-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Aren't everyone's days numbered in a uniform?

RNR
01-15-2011, 12:40 PM
The Jets are a trip. Why they are talking shit to the team that jolly stomped their ass a few weeks ago and are getting ready to again is beyond me~

WebGem
01-15-2011, 12:42 PM
The Jets are a trip. Why they are talking shit to the team that jolly stomped their ass a few weeks ago and are getting ready to again is beyond me~

The game's not gonna be like the MNF game at all. I won't be surprised a bit if NYJ wins the game.

KCUnited
01-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Nothing like a physical defense drawing the attention of the league and the refs going against a hof qb who is notorious for lobbying for calls, before the game even starts.

RNR
01-15-2011, 12:49 PM
The game's not gonna be like the MNF game at all. I won't be surprised a bit if NYJ wins the game.

I will be stunned if the Jets win. I would not lay 9 but expect a very solid win by the Patriots. I would rather have the Jets win but just dont see it~

keg in kc
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll be shocked if the Jets are within a TD, much less if they win the game.

And I hate those ****ers. I hope they lose by 100. Even if it is to the patsies.

bowener
01-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Isn't Bart Scott old? He can't have too many days left either.

Also, can some one turn Sgt. Hatred from the Venture brothers into Rex Ryan for me? Like replace his head with Ryan's and add a green "J" on his face?

keg in kc
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Also, can some one turn Sgt. Hatred from the Venture brothers into Rex Ryan for me? Like replace his head with Ryan's and add a green "J" on his face?LMAO

RJ
01-15-2011, 01:03 PM
We're all day to day.

KCtotheSB
01-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Does anybody outside of New York/Boston give a shit about these two teams talking back and forth?

WebGem
01-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Does anybody outside of New York/Boston give a shit about these two teams talking back and forth?

I do, but I'm like a fake New Yorker. I fucking hate the Jets almost as bad as I hate Den/Oak so I always want them to lose/care about their games.

keg in kc
01-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Does anybody outside of New York/Boston give a shit about these two teams talking back and forth?I mostly don't care, but I think Rex Ryan is a loud-mouthed joke that I love to see lose, and I loved the shit that Belichick had to say in response to him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 01:17 PM
The Jets may lose, but I hope they send NE to the next round of the play offs with enough bruises and torn vaginas to seriously hamper their chances at another SB win.

WebGem
01-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I mostly don't care, but I think Rex Ryan is a loud-mouthed joke that I love to see lose, and I loved the shit that Belichick had to say in response to him.

I dunno how you can call Rex Ryan a joke when he's as good as he is at coaching in this league.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Isn't Bart Scott old? He can't have too many days left either.

Even with his repaired knee, I'm picturing Welker running circles around Scott as he slowly grunts and lunges forward to grab him each revolution, missing repeatedly.

jspchief
01-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I dunno how you can call Rex Ryan a joke when he's as good as he is at coaching in this league.I think it's his WWE act. Historically, great NFL coaches seem to be a bit more subdued.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I dunno how you can call Rex Ryan a joke when he's as good as he is at coaching in this league.

He inherited a team that any fool could coach/idiots.

JD10367
The Jets may lose, but I hope they send NE to the next round of the play offs with enough bruises and torn vaginas to seriously hamper their chances at another SB win.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but it's the exact opposite. The NC-17 carnage that's about to unleash at Heinz Field will merely be a three-hour "tenderization" of the eventual victor by the loser, and whichever team limps out of today's game will be easy fodder for the Patriots OR Jets.

RNR
I think it's his WWE act. Historically, great NFL coaches seem to be a bit more subdued.

He is a chip off the old block, Buddy was a loud mouth shitbag also~

Pioli Zombie
01-15-2011, 01:53 PM
If the Patriots are up 68-7 in the fourth quarter Belichick will have Brady in the no huddle stick it up their asses spread formation.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I dunno how you can call Rex Ryan a joke when he's as good as he is at <strike>coaching</strike> having the Luck Of The Irish and backing his way into the playoffs or making miraculous comebacks against crap teams in this league.

FYP.

RNR
01-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry to dash your hopes, but it's the exact opposite. The NC-17 carnage that's about to unleash at Heinz Field will merely be a three-hour "tenderization" of the eventual victor by the loser, and whichever team limps out of today's game will be easy fodder for the Patriots OR Jets.

I think the Steelers or the Ravens beat the Jets~

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 01:57 PM
God, New England can suck a dick.

Pioli Zombie
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Steelers at Patriots and Packers at Bears would be the Networks and the leagues wet dream title game matchups.

RNR
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Agreed, sadly they the assholes are real good~

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Agreed, sadly they the assholes are real good~

That's okay, we've got Pioli and he's carving out his own chapter in the Patriot Way in regards to our QB and most of our roster:

"The KC Way; Winning Without Talent".

:facepalm:

Bowser
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Because of this, Welker is going to beat Scott in some ridiculous man-to-man scheme Crazy Rex comes up with, and go 65+ yds for a TD. It's just the way these things work.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I think the Steelers or the Ravens beat the Jets~

I think a healthy team could. But I seriously expect Pitt and Baltimore to beat the living shit out of each other today.

Bowser
01-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I think a healthy team could. But I seriously expect Pitt and Baltimore to beat the living shit out of each other today.

The really should consider putting a steel cage around the field for this one. Throw some folding chairs in for good measure, too.

JD10367

Your tears of hatred and jealousy feed our souls.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e6_NiS2APzo/TPP1AUE58AI/AAAAAAAAAGU/U9FD371uQPE/s1600/LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg

RNR
That's okay, we've got Pioli and he's carving out his own chapter in the Patriot Way in regards to our QB and most of our roster:

Dude nothing about worst to first sucks. I think the fast start and slow finish skewed things for Chiefs fans. After last season I would think fans would be pumped~

RNR
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM

I think the Jets are waaay overrated. I also think their pretty boy QB is going to fold huge. This team has parlayed some luck, lots of talk and being from New York into being taken serious~

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Your tears of hatred and jealousy feed our souls.

I'm going to enjoy watching you pine, bitch, and lament "the lost #4" again.
Dude nothing about worst to first sucks. I think the fast start and slow finish skewed things for Chiefs fans. After last season I would think fans would be pumped~

We caught a break this year, and half of our roster is suspect at the very least. Our QB is a fucking joke, and we can't seem to get-up for division games on a consistent basis. This coming year will tell the tale.

doomy3
01-15-2011, 02:18 PM

We caught a break this year, and half of our roster is suspect at the very least. Our QB is a ****ing joke, and we can't seem to get-up for division games on a consistent basis. This coming year will tell the tale.

You are the most bi-polar poster I have ever seen.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 02:19 PM

That's okay, I enjoy watching you be one of the suckiest most pathetic "fans" I've seen.

We caught a break this year, and half of our roster is suspect at the very least. Our QB is a ****ing joke, and we can't seem to get-up for division games on a consistent basis. This coming year will tell the tale.

10 wins and a division title, and they still get shit. Whiny bitch. If you were in "The Ten Commandments", while Charlton Heston was up on the mountain, you'd be one of those ****ers making the Golden Calf down in the valley, I bet.

Bowser
01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
BRADY IS STILL POLLARD'S BITCH!!

Yeah, that's all I got.

Al Bundy
01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
The Jets and Mark Dilfer can suck a dick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
That's okay, I enjoy watching you be one of the suckiest most pathetic "fans" I've seen.

10 wins and a division title, and they still get shit. Whiny bitch. If you were in "The Ten Commandments", while Charlton Heston was up on the mountain, you'd be one of those ****ers making the Golden Calf down in the valley, I bet.

Eh, I'm not Jewish. You're just going to have to deal with the fact that not everything NE personnel touches turns to gold. God knows I now have to.

keg in kc
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I dunno how you can call Rex Ryan a joke when he's as good as he is at coaching in this league.He's a big fat ****ing clown and I love watching him lose.

A part of this is also that I enjoy watching any team in New York lose. I'm not picky about that. Giants. Jets. Yankees. Mets. Whatever. They can all take a leap off a bridge for all I care.

Boston's not much better, but I'll take them over anything from New York.

Mr. Kotter
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Bart Scott needs to grow up.

Mr. Kotter
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
He's a big fat ****ing clown and I love watching him lose.

A part of this is also that I enjoy watching any team in New York lose. I'm not picky about that. Giants. Jets. Yankees. Mets. Whatever. They can all take a leap off a bridge for all I care.

Boston's not much better, but I'll take them over anything from New York.

THIS. :toast:

RNR
01-15-2011, 02:40 PM
The Jets and Mark Dilfer can suck a dick.

He is not as good as Dilfer, but still funny~

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Sounds like Bart Scott needs to chill out and RUB HIS ERECT PENIS ON A LADY'S FOOT

(The Jets are so fucked)

Fruit Ninja
01-15-2011, 03:16 PM
How could anybody like this team? Clowns

pfft, its about time people started to be not politically correct. Everything in the US now has to be politically correct or people start bitching like a bitching women.

Glad to see some meanness thats back. I love it.

Pablo
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
pfft, its about time people started to be not politically correct. Everything in the US now has to be politically correct or people start bitching like a bitching women.

Glad to see some meanness thats back. I love it.It's not about political correct-ness.

Nobody is upset because he threatened Welker. It just makes him a dumbass. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by running his stupid mouth. Everybody likes to see the loud-mouth at the bar get KTFO. The Jets are that guy right now.

keg in kc
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
[Also, can some one turn Sgt. Hatred from the Venture brothers into Rex Ryan for me? Like replace his head with Ryan's and add a green "J" on his face?Best I can do:

Chiefshrink
01-15-2011, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=SNR;7356651]Too much violent rhetoric in today's discourse. [QUOTE]

Yes, it's called PC(political correctness) has reached the NFL.:rolleyes: This kinda talk went on allllllllllllllllllll the time in the 60's,70's and 80's. Can you imagine telling those generations of the NFL to tone it down???:spock:

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes, it's called PC(political correctness) has reached the NFL.:rolleyes: This kinda talk went on allllllllllllllllllll the time in the 60's,70's and 80's. Can you imagine telling those generations of the NFL to tone it down???:spock:worst poster

scott free
01-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Rex told Bart that if he maimed Welker, he & two pals could go Around the World on his wife.

Fruit Ninja
01-15-2011, 05:43 PM
It's not about political correct-ness.

Nobody is upset because he threatened Welker. It just makes him a dumbass. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by running his stupid mouth. Everybody likes to see the loud-mouth at the bar get KTFO. The Jets are that guy right now.

I beg to differ, He has EVERYTHING to gain and not much to lose.

The fact of the matter is, if they win? they win a play off game, he still has millions of dollars, he still has his family.

If he loses? what does he lose? 1 play off game. THATS IT! Jets are going to be contenders for a few more years.

I just dont see what he has to lose besides 1 play off game.

Paniero
01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh no! Some midwest middle-class caucasian men and a couple of fat chicks on a message board can't handle the NY swagger. How suprising.

Brock
01-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh no! Some midwest middle-class caucasian men and a couple of fat chicks on a message board can't handle the NY swagger. How suprising.

That NY swagger and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee. Gonna get bitch slapped tomorrow.

JASONSAUTO
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I've heard rex's wife can handle all of new york's "swagger"Oh no! Some midwest middle-class caucasian men and a couple of fat chicks on a message board can't handle the NY swagger. How suprising.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
01-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Don't you have to actually accomplish something to swagger? Aside from one lucky Super Bowl from the Woodstock era?

Saul Good
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Don't you have to actually accomplish something to swagger? Aside from one lucky Super Bowl from the Woodstock era?

The Colts threw that game.

Amnorix
01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Those former Chargers (Tomlinson and Cromartie) are whiny little bitches, and now freaking Bart Scott is out there issuing some kind of crazy threat.

Lord I hope we beat them 45-3 again.

Crush
01-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Those former Chargers (Tomlinson and Cromartie) are whiny little bitches, and now freaking Bart Scott is out there issuing some kind of crazy threat.

Lord I hope we beat them 45-3 again.

Don't worry, your Patriots will win 56-0 because they are currently in "God" mode. I wish one day that the Chiefs will be able to have the same success that New England has had in the last decade. JFC, I would settle for a fucking playoff win. I am going to go drink some more beer and sacrifice a small fury animal to the football gods.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I am going to go drink some more beer and sacrifice a small fury animal to the football gods.

Wombat? Wolverine? Tasmanian devil? Be careful not to lose a finger. :D

alanm
01-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Steelers at Patriots and Packers at Bears would be the Networks and the leagues wet dream title game matchups.I believe they'll get their wish.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2011, 02:14 PM
worst poster

Nice comeback "ultra penis":rolleyes:

Pitt Gorilla
01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
I hope somebody's ends Bart Scott's career.

B_Ambuehl
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Did anyone see Welker get his helmet cracked? He got hit and you could see pieces of it flying in the air. The Jets were laying some wood out there. Both Welker and Woodhead got cracked helmets.

Dylan
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Gawd, these predictions are P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S !

LMAO

Dylan
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Will the media never learn about football?

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=6028527"/></object>

Poetic Justice

J Diddy
01-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Did anyone see Welker get his helmet cracked? He got hit and you could see pieces of it flying in the air. The Jets were laying some wood out there. Both Welker and Woodhead got cracked helmets.

I saw helmet flying in the air but it looked like jets helmet. Bet there's some fines out there this week.

Frazod
01-17-2011, 12:01 AM

It looked like it was part of his Patriots logo that went flying.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, they knocked the decals off of those vanilla midgets.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah, they knocked the decals off of those vanilla midgets.

This! LMAO

LiveSteam
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Patriots are in their heads. This game will be fun. NE big.

NO NO THIS