PDA

View Full Version : Football Steelers are greedy bastards...

teedubya
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
8 AFC Championship games since 1994.

Chiefs 0.

They really need to share the fuckin' wealth.

Shogun
01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I strongly agree!

Baconeater
01-15-2011, 07:13 PM
HAY WE HAVE 53 GREAT GUYS ON OUR TEAM

teedubya
01-15-2011, 07:14 PM
EIGHT.

ZERO.

-King-
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Just to add salt to the wound...how many playoff wins to our 0?

teedubya
01-15-2011, 07:19 PM

at least 8. heh

JD10367
01-15-2011, 07:20 PM
If the Patriots beat the Jets tomorrow, the AFCCG will have two teams that have been in a combined 10 CGs and 6 SBs in the past decade. Cumulative regular season W-L records for the past 10 years? 227-92 (a .712 average, slightly north of 11-5).

KurtCobain
01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
If the Patriots beat the Jets tomorrow, the AFCCG will have two teams that have been in a combined 10 CGs and 6 SBs in the past decade. Cumulative regular season W-L records for the past 10 years? 227-92 (a .712 average, slightly north of 11-5).

Scrap players and upstairs guys let go from those teams this offseason will continue to be "hot items" according to teams like the Chiefs and the Browns.

jd1020
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM

WebGem
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM

Last I saw they had 15 and NE had 17, so now it's 16 and 17.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Scrap players and upstairs guys let go from those teams this offseason will continue to be "hot items" according to teams like the Chiefs and the Browns.

Psst... wanna trade a 2nd-rounder for Brian Hoyer? :D

tk13
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
If the Pats win tomorrow... the Pats/Steelers/Colts will have 14 of the 20 AFC Championship Game appearances over the last decade. It will also ensure that the Pats/Steelers/Colts have represented the AFC in the Super Bowl 9 years in a row and 10 of the last 11 years.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
If the Pats win tomorrow... the Pats/Steelers/Colts will have 14 of the 20 AFC Championship Game appearances over the last decade. It will also ensure that the Pats/Steelers/Colts have represented the AFC in the Super Bowl 9 years in a row and 10 of the last 11 years.

At least the Raiders made a lone appearance to break things up. Where they promptly lost to Jon Gruden and the Bucs. LMAO

tk13
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, the other thing that would blow most people's minds since the NFL is supposed to be about parity:

If the Patriots win tomorrow, it'll guarantee that over the last quarter century (1985-2010), the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Bills and Colts will have 21 of the AFC's 26 Super Bowl appearances. The other 11 teams will have 5, none of those having more than one.

Baconeater
01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
That's freaking sickening. Please hold my calls because I'm going to be busy killing myself.

tk13
01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah actually I was wrong. It'd only be 8 years in a row and 9 of the last 10. So don't kill yourself. Or something.

jd1020
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah actually I was wrong. It'd only be 8 years in a row and 9 of the last 10. So don't kill yourself. Or something.

Just hold it off for 1 more year :huh:

the Talking Can
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM

and they all have Hall of Fame QBs.....

Otter
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
There's no sharing in football. You have to take it from them and whack 'em in the nuts with the trophy on the way out.

We're getting there, I think.

jd1020
01-15-2011, 08:03 PM
There's no sharing in football. You have to take it from them and whack 'em in the nuts with the trophy on the way out.

We're getting there, I think.

We'll find out next season. We play all of them.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
8 AFC Championship games since 1994.

Chiefs 0.

They really need to share the fuckin' wealth.

It all comes down to ownership, just as always.

Lamar was too forgiving and patient (is patient even the right word?). It *appears* that Clark is different but time will tell.

Extra Point
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
We'll win one more. That's all I want.

Amnorix
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, the other thing that would blow most people's minds since the NFL is supposed to be about parity:

If the Patriots win tomorrow, it'll guarantee that over the last quarter century (1985-2010), the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Bills and Colts will have 21 of the AFC's 26 Super Bowl appearances. The other 11 teams will have 5, none of those having more than one.

Holy crap. :eek:

JD10367
01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Holy crap. :eek:

And three of those five (Pats, Bills, Colts) used to be bottom-feeders in the Miami-dominated AFC East. Where Shula and Marino kicked ass, but could never win a Super Bowl. LMAO

oldandslow
01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Baseball has more diversity than that. Salary cap isn't all that it is supposed to me.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Baseball has more diversity than that. Salary cap isn't all that it is supposed to me.

It's never been about the salary cap, although it keeps people happy to believe that it makes a difference.

Many of the same teams that were successful before the salary cap era continue to be successful.

Likewise, many of the teams that sucked ass before the salary cap era still suck ass.

Ownership.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, as far as the Colts and Pats are concerned, their run will be done in a few yrs or so. Brady and Manning arent getting any younger.

jd1020
01-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Well, as far as the Colts and Pats are concerned, their run will be done in a few yrs or so. Brady and Manning arent getting any younger.

I dont see the Pats run coming to an end soon. They seem to always have a ridiculous amount of draft picks.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 11:04 PM
I dont see the Pats run coming to an end soon. They seem to always have a ridiculous amount of draft picks.

And...

- Brady's younger than Peyton (Brady turns 34 in August, Peyton turns 35 in March).

- Belichick is a far better coach.

- The Patriots have plenty of young talent (they fielded the youngest defense in the league, and have two stud rookie tight ends and two young receivers in Tate and Price).

I think the Colts still have enough in the tank to stay near the top of their division, but I don't know if they have another Super Bowl run in them.

KCrockaholic
01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
And...

- Brady's younger than Peyton (Brady turns 34 in August, Peyton turns 35 in March).

- Belichick is a far better coach.

- The Patriots have plenty of young talent (they fielded the youngest defense in the league, and have two stud rookie tight ends and two young receivers in Tate and Price).

I think the Colts still have enough in the tank to stay near the top of their division, but I don't know if they have another Super Bowl run in them.

Their defense is built for the future, and their offense is good enough right now to make up for the inexperience on defense.

Belichick knows exactly what he's doing. He's truly a football genius.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
The Colts are going to have to absolutely ace this draft in order to have another run left in them. Unfortunately for them, it appears as though Bill Polian died sometime in 2007.

Count Zarth
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
The Colts are going to have to absolutely ace this draft in order to have another run left in them. Unfortunately for them, it appears as though Bill Polian died sometime in 2007.

Injuries ate that team alive.

That team should make a concerted effort to upgrade their OL in the offseason. I don't see how Manning lets them get away with anything else.

DBOSHO
01-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Maybe by the time tom is done we can trade them back 32 year old cassel

JD10367
01-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Their defense is built for the future, and their offense is good enough right now to make up for the inexperience on defense.

Belichick knows exactly what he's doing. He's truly a football genius.

I think he's so good that it actually works against him and people underestimate him, if that makes sense. He's retooled on the fly constantly. I'm too lazy to look up the rosters, but I'm pretty sure if you compare the 1999 roster when he got there, the 2001 SB roster, the 2004 SB roster, the 2007 SB roster, and this current roster, you'll be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys who carry over from one to the next. And even in the course of one season it's amazing where he finds players (this year it was Woodhead and some guys on the D-line, in seasons past it's been such "luminaries" as defensive backs Earthwind Moreland and Hank Poteat). Belichick can polish a turd like no one else, taking castoffs and making them contributors, and marginal players (Wes Welker, Mike Vrabel) and making them stars. He rotates through coaches, none of whom go on to succeed as head coaches on their own (Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels). And he does it all every season while playing one of the league's toughest schedules, because they always finish high enough to pull a following-season's schedule against equally-tough opponents (the Pats are ALWAYS playing the Steelers, Colts, and Chargers, it seems). And he doesn't seem eager to retire any time soon, so God knows how long he'll coach; he could be like Joe Paterno.

KC Tattoo
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM

TY LAW CAN STILL PLAY BETTER THAN HALF THE CBs IN THE LEAGUE WITH AN OPPORATED FOOT!!!!

KCrockaholic
01-15-2011, 11:18 PM
I think he's so good that it actually works against him and people underestimate him, if that makes sense. He's retooled on the fly constantly. I'm too lazy to look up the rosters, but I'm pretty sure if you compare the 1999 roster when he got there, the 2001 SB roster, the 2004 SB roster, the 2007 SB roster, and this current roster, you'll be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys who carry over from one to the next. And even in the course of one season it's amazing where he finds players (this year it was Woodhead and some guys on the D-line, in seasons past it's been such "luminaries" as defensive backs Earthwind Moreland and Hank Poteat). Belichick can polish a turd like no one else, taking castoffs and making them contributors, and marginal players (Wes Welker, Mike Vrabel) and making them stars. He rotates through coaches, none of whom go on to succeed as head coaches on their own (Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels). And he does it all every season while playing one of the league's toughest schedules, because they always finish high enough to pull a following-season's schedule against equally-tough opponents (the Pats are ALWAYS playing the Steelers, Colts, and Chargers, it seems). And he doesn't seem eager to retire any time soon, so God knows how long he'll coach; he could be like Joe Paterno.

I hope he coaches until he's on his death bed. He is my favorite coach in all of football, and has been for almost a decade now. I can only hope Todd has a nice portion of Belichick in him.

JD10367
01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I can only hope Todd has a nice portion of Belichick in him.

:spock: That sounds a bit too ghey. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Injuries ate that team alive.

That team should make a concerted effort to upgrade their OL in the offseason. I don't see how Manning lets them get away with anything else.

They had a ton of injuries. Unfortunately, a lot of the guys who were injured really weren't that good to begin with.

You can't really count Sanders, Gonzalez, or Collie to do anything. Hell, from looking at how Tamme replaced Clark's production, you wonder how much of a drop off that really was.

They need serious help at all spots on the line, both DT spots, MLB, S, and CB. That team is a fucking wreck.

KCrockaholic
01-15-2011, 11:25 PM
:spock: That sounds a bit too ghey. :D

Yes. I know. I almost didn't write it. But I had this urge.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM

The Pats have TWO draft choices in each of the first FOUR rounds in 2011.

If you think their run is over, I think you're sadly mistaken.

Unfortunately.

Baconeater
01-15-2011, 11:43 PM
The Pats have TWO draft choices in each of the first FOUR rounds in 2011.

If you think their run is over, I think you're sadly mistaken.

Unfortunately.
That's freaking sickening. Please hold my calls because I'm going to be busy killing myself, again.

Mile High Mania
01-16-2011, 03:49 AM
If I read the stat right, the Steelers have won their division 20 times since 1970... that's pretty freaking dominating.

notorious
01-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Here's to me punching my dad in the face for being a Chief's fan.

J/K, he is a hell of a father and human being.......but why in the **** did he have to be a Chief's fan? :facepalm:

JOhn
01-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Here's to me punching my dad in the face for being a Chief's fan.

J/K, he is a hell of a father and human being.......but why in the **** did he have to be a Chief's fan? :facepalm:

Ditto, except I blame my mom..... LMAO

MahiMike
01-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Big Ben needs to go off the rape wagon again so we can get him cheap.

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2011, 07:41 AM
The Chiefs have Matt Cassel. Isn't that good enough?