PDA

View Full Version : Football Tony G a non factor for the Falcon's playoff loss

Gracie Dean
01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
ATLANTA (AP)—Aaron Rodgers(notes) capped Green Bay’s fourth touchdown drive of at least 80 yards with a 7-yard scoring run and the Green Bay Packers took a 42-14 lead over the Atlanta Falcons after three quarters in the NFC divisional playoff game on Saturday night.

Rodgers’ third-quarter run, followed by his third touchdown pass of the game, a 7-yarder to John Kuhn(notes), completed a run of 35 unanswered points by the Packers.

Rodgers completed 27 of 31 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns through three quarters.

I haven't seen him on the field did he get injured and leave the game?

Bugeater
01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Yep, he bruised his vagina early in the 3rd.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Tony Gonzalez has become Ted Popson.

The circle is now complete.

Stinger
did he get injured and leave the game?

Yes after his 1 catch in the 3rd quarter

RealSNR
The Packers didn't punt tonight.

Tony is fucking cursed.

MMXcalibur
Well, this "one and done" should be quite familiar to him. He'll know how to cope.

Gracie Dean
01-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes after his 1 catch in the 3rd quarter

that sucks.

Crush
Tony Gonzalez has become Ted Popson.

The circle is now complete.

Circle of Life /Lion King

KurtCobain
OMFG IS TONY G AND TONY M GONNA BE TEAMMATES NEXT YEAR?!?!?!

called it.

CupidStunt
He's completely worthless at this point in his career. Total non-factor.

Crush
01-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I laugh at the complete collapse of the Falcons. It will be hilarious if the 7-9 Seahawks gets to host the NFC Championship. It will probably happen if Jay Cutler and Mike Martz go full retard.

Buns
01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
So you posted a thread with that title, not knowing what, if any, impact he had on the game? And you posted an article which had no real connection to said thread title. Ok, just checking.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Yep, he bruised his vagina early in the 3rd.hey, Tony G was the exact type of player I want on my team. He had talent but he still stayed late to practice more after practive was over, he played hard, never took a play off. Played with passion even when we were getting out asses kicked there at the last of his time here.

He just got old. Happens to us all.

BigRedChief
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I laugh at the complete collapse of the Falcons. It will be hilarious if the 7-9 Seahawks gets to host the NFC Championship. It will probably happen if Jay Cutler and Mike Martz go full retard.why?

Gracie Dean
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
So you posted a thread with that title, not knowing what, if any, impact he had on the game? And you posted an article which had no real connection to said thread title. Ok, just checking.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, I was looking for more info. In the article it said something about leaving, but then before posting it that section was not in the article.

:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
The sad thing is the Chiefs would be a worse team with Tony G starting right now.

Sad.

Gracie Dean
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
The sad thing is the Chiefs would be a worse team with Tony G starting right now.

Sad.

I actually agree with you on this point

KChiefs1
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
hey, Tony G was the exact type of player I want on my team. He had talent but he still stayed late to practice more after practive was over, he played hard, never took a play off. Played with passion even when we were getting out asses kicked there at the last of his time here.

THIS.

That said I wouldn't trade Tony Moeaki for him.

BigRedChief
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
I actually agree with you on this pointme three. Thats why it was good for him to to move on. We got Mccluster to figure out how to use going forward and the Falcons don't have chit.

Crush
01-15-2011, 10:31 PM
why?

Because Atlanta losing gives Seattle the chance of hosting the NFC Championship. The football gods are trolling us.

SAUTO
01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Is this billlllaaaaayyyyyy?OMFG IS TONY G AND TONY M GONNA BE TEAMMATES NEXT YEAR?!?!?!

called it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Is this billlllaaaaayyyyyy?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I believe that is Kurt Cobain a.k.a. Joey.

Art Vader
01-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Failcons

SAUTO
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
No, I believe that is Kurt Cobain a.k.a. Joey.

How many times is that mother fucker gonna change his name?
Posted via Mobile Device

01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
How many times is that mother ****er gonna change his name?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think a MOD did that.

KurtCobain
01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
How many times is that mother ****er gonna change his name?
Posted via Mobile Device

i call mod abuse on this one.

SAUTO
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Lol. And I was just kidding there. a lot of talk about changed names lately
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies
01-15-2011, 11:05 PM
13-3 home playoff loss following a bye week. Thanks for taking that curse from us Falcons!!

TheGuardian
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
hey, Tony G was the exact type of player I want on my team. He had talent but he still stayed late to practice more after practive was over, he played hard, never took a play off. Played with passion even when we were getting out asses kicked there at the last of his time here.

Tony G cared more about his catches than winning.

Tony G walked out on more than one occasion without speaking to reporters when he wasn't getting very many catches, but the Chiefs were winning.

Dick Vermiel even called reverses to Tony G to make him happy. Even though the Chiefs were winning.

Tony cared more about beating out Antonio Gates each season than anything else.

Tony didn't want to stay and help the Chiefs get better. Nevermind that teams can turn it around in a season or two now. Like the Chiefs did. He wanted to get a ring like Neil Smith did. On another team. Tony didn't want to be traded to Green Bay either.

How ironic.

Tony G was a stat whore. He's the kind of guy that even if he won a super bowl and caught 1 pass, he'd be upset.

Tony G. Epitome of a selfish, drama queen. He's the best tight end that ever played but more than one player has called Tony the biggest crybaby they ever played against.

Will never get a ring, and never deserved one. Barry Sanders deserved one. Will Shields deserved one. Willie Roaf deserved one. Grunny deserved one. So did Derrick Thomas.

Tony G has gotten what he deserved.

luv
01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
TG was pretty much a non-factor for Atlanta most of the year, wasn't he?

Psyko Tek
01-15-2011, 11:39 PM
OMFG IS TONY G AND TONY M GONNA BE TEAMMATES NEXT YEAR?!?!?!

called it.

we cut moe?

the Talking Can
01-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Matt Cassel a non factor for the Chiefs' playoff loss

Bewbies
01-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Matt Cassel a non factor for the Chiefs' playoff loss

Yeah, non factor for KC, huge factor for Ravens. :banghead:

TEX
01-16-2011, 12:09 AM

Tony G walked out on more than one occasion without speaking to reporters when he wasn't getting very many catches, but the Chiefs were winning.

Dick Vermiel even called reverses to Tony G to make him happy. Even though the Chiefs were winning.

Tony didn't want to stay and help the Chiefs get better. Nevermind that teams can turn it around in a season or two now. Like the Chiefs did. He wanted to get a ring like Neil Smith did. On another team. Tony didn't want to be traded to Green Bay either.

How ironic.

Tony G was a stat whore. He's the kind of guy that even if he won a super bowl and caught 1 pass, he'd be upset.

Tony G. Epitome of a selfish, drama queen. He's the best tight end that ever played but more than one player has called Tony the biggest crybaby they ever played against.

Will never get a ring, and never deserved one. Barry Sanders deserved one. Will Shields deserved one. Willie Roaf deserved one. Grunny deserved one. So did Derrick Thomas.

You're an idiot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, we should be really pissed about Tony Gonzalez netting this team a 2nd round draft pick when we were 3+ years away from competing.

There is such a thing as a win/win.

CrazyHorse
01-16-2011, 12:21 AM

How ironic.

Wow. That was dumb.

You must be new. New, or dumb.

Tony G was already on his way to the Hall before Gates even made the scene.

Your post was founded in rhetoric, and was dumb.

Glad I aint dumb.

-King-
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM
TG was pretty much a non-factor for Atlanta most of the year, wasn't he?

No, he wasn't the greatest TE but he was servicable. 70 catches 650 yards and 6 TDs. Pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler
01-16-2011, 01:51 AM

How ironic.

Dumbest f*cking post ever.

Just when I think Ive seen the most asinine, ridiculously retarded statement ever made that I truly believe cannot be topped, some special someone comes along and sets the bar just a bit higher.

Congratulations.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 01:53 AM
me three. Thats why it was good for him to to move on. We got Mccluster to figure out how to use going forward and the Falcons don't have chit.

we got Arenas for Gonzalez

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 01:54 AM
we got Arenas for Gonzalez

:LOL:

Hootie
01-16-2011, 02:01 AM
:LOL:

not sure why that was funny to you but hey, whatever it takes

L.A. Chieffan
01-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Jesus who gives a fuck? U guys are like spurned ex-girlfriends

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2011, 02:10 AM
THIS.

That said I wouldn't trade Tony Moeaki for him.

You're fucking crazy. But I am too. I wouldn't either.

Slainte
01-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Jesus who gives a fuck? U guys are like spurned ex-girlfriends

In the box above, there is truth.

tomahawk kid
01-16-2011, 07:45 AM

How ironic.

Pretty much nails how I feel about him.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow. That was dumb.

You must be new. New, or dumb.

Tony G was already on his way to the Hall before Gates even made the scene.

Your post was founded in rhetoric, and was dumb.

Glad I aint dumb.

If any of you bitches could find the time to get Tony's cock out of your mouth, you'd know everything I wrote was true.

Some of you here, are TRULY bitches. Bitches.

Jack
01-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Dumbest f*cking post ever.

Just when I think Ive seen the most asinine, ridiculously retarded statement ever made that I truly believe cannot be topped, some special someone comes along and sets the bar just a bit higher.

Congratulations.

What exactly was untrue in that post?

bevischief
01-16-2011, 09:08 AM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

ARROW2
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Pretty much nails how I feel about him.

He was very productive for us but I agree with this sentiment.....He really turned into a diva near the end. F him....."Don't ever F me Tony.....don't ever ever F me...." LMAO

Saul Good
01-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, we should be really pissed about Tony Gonzalez netting this team a 2nd round draft pick when we were 3+ years away from competing.

There is such a thing as a win/win.

The JA trade worked out well for the Chiefs, too. That doesn't mean that I'm rooting for Allen to succeed. If the "haul" the Royals got from Milwaukee pans out, I'm still not going to wish Grienke well. If you demand a trade, screw you. If you demand a trade while limiting the teams for whom you are willing to waive your no trade clause, screw you and your mother.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 09:44 AM
While no one would deny he's a great player.....TE mght be the most non important position on offense. Its telling that one of the best Chiefs players in its history was a TE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 09:48 AM
While no one would deny he's a great player.....TE mght be the most non important position on offense. Its telling that one of the best Chiefs players in its history was a TE.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Patriots use the hell out of their tight ends.

BigRedChief
01-16-2011, 09:54 AM
we got Arenas for GonzalezHow do you know that? Maybe if we only had 1 pick in the 2nd round we would have picked arenas and Mccluster is never on our team?

morphius
01-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I admit it, I rooted against Atlanta because Tony G went there. I'm a Chiefs fan, if some player doesn't want to be here I'm definitely not going to cheer for your success elsewhere.

InChiefsHeaven
01-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Todd Heap and the Chiefs defense disagree...

Saul Good
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
How do you know that? Maybe if we only had 1 pick in the 2nd round we would have picked arenas and Mccluster is never on our team?

Who did we draft first?

SAUTO
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
How do you know that? Maybe if we only had 1 pick in the 2nd round we would have picked arenas and Mccluster is never on our team?

Speculation? Fact is we used the pick from atlanta for arenas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Todd Heap and the Chiefs defense disagree...

Yes because the Ravens have lots of hardware with Heap. He's a good player but that's my point. The position of TE is secondary in the grand scheme.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJJasonp
01-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes because the Ravens have lots of hardware with Heap. He's a good player but that's my point. The position of TE is secondary in the grand scheme.
Posted via Mobile Device

Depends on the team....Tony G was, in many years, the chiefs best option at catching the ball.

Same could be said for Heap (which was a similar offense, outside of the Vermeil years).

When you have a team with a crap WR staff (yep, that's us......for most of the last 20 years)....and especially when you have a QB that cant stretch the field accurately - the Tight End becomes the most valuable position outside of RB.

Not saying you should build a team like that, nor want that outcome - but, more often than not, it seems the chiefs found themselves in that position while Tony G was here.

Saul Good
01-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Depends on the team....Tony G was, in many years, the chiefs best option at catching the ball.

Same could be said for Heap (which was a similar offense, outside of the Vermeil years).

When you have a team with a crap WR staff (yep, that's us......for most of the last 20 years)....and especially when you have a QB that cant stretch the field accurately - the Tight End becomes the most valuable position outside of RB.

Not saying you should build a team like that, nor want that outcome - but, more often than not, it seems the chiefs found themselves in that position while Tony G was here.

Right, and it's a bad position. When your best player is a TE, your team has problems.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Generally it doesn't even matter. Teams win SB's with great quarterbacks and defenses for the most part. Again, not always, but that seems to be the magic combination.

Put a great defense on the field, or at least one that gives you a lot of turnovers, and a QB that can get it done more often than not, and you get to the dance a lot or at least contend for it every season. After the defense and QB is offensive line.

Backs, WR's, and TE's are nothing more than a luxury.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
The JA trade worked out well for the Chiefs, too. That doesn't mean that I'm rooting for Allen to succeed. If the "haul" the Royals got from Milwaukee pans out, I'm still not going to wish Grienke well. If you demand a trade, screw you. If you demand a trade while limiting the teams for whom you are willing to waive your no trade clause, screw you and your mother.

The difference is that Allen was a criminal and an asshole who got a big head after the GM asked him to produce following an 8 sack season and a four game suspension.

Gonzalez missed fewer games via injury in his entire career than Allen missed as a result of suspension. If he wasn't going to be a part of a contending team (and he wasn't), then he might as well help the team through receiving assets for him. He did that.

He gave this team 12 years of HOF production and a 2nd round pick. He owes us nothing.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Generally it doesn't even matter. Teams win SB's with great quarterbacks and defenses for the most part. Again, not always, but that seems to be the magic combination.

Put a great defense on the field, or at least one that gives you a lot of turnovers, and a QB that can get it done more often than not, and you get to the dance a lot or at least contend for it every season. After the defense and QB is offensive line.

This for the most part. Let me put it this way...the Chiefs last won some playoff games when they had a QB who could compete under pressure and a strong defense. coincidence? They havnt won since because they haven't had that combonation since.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler
01-16-2011, 11:28 AM
GI_Q2NjwwVI

milkman
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM

One of the things I've said many times here is this:

Give me a top ten defense and a franchise QB, and I'll take my chances against the rest of the league.

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Tony G cared more about his catches than winning.If he'd been a team player, he would have... dropped them?

Hootie
01-16-2011, 11:42 AM

how do I know that?

With OUR pick, we took McCluster.

With Atlanta's pick, we took Arenas.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

maybe 5 years ago but the Patriots just revolutionized the position once again...

vailpass
01-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Some bitter beerface in this thread. A more accurate title might be "Falcon D a non-factor in Falcon's playoff loss".

jspchief
01-16-2011, 04:19 PM
It's a TE. TEs don't win Superbowls for you. Particularly when you make them the focus of your offense.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep, he bruised his vagina early in the 3rd.
yep, after he got his 1 catch to keep that stat going he limped off the field with a broken mangina