PDA

View Full Version : Football Tony Gonzalez, will he retire?

Shogun
01-15-2011, 09:21 PM
You gotta think he is ready, and I think it will be this year. I kind of feel bad for the guy but it is what it is. I always loved him as a Chief and have since followed his career in Atlanta, I just think he is gonna pack it in this offseason

SNR
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
He's a quitter if he does.

He's still a starting TE in this league even though his skills have massively regressed.

Stinger
Not much left to prove at this point .... I would think it is a definite possibility

KurtCobain
MO AND GONZO TEAMMATES IN 2011!!! Bet on it!

Gonzo
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
He's still a top 5 TE imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

WebGem
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
He's a quitter if he does.

He's still a starting TE in this league even though his skills have massively regressed.

A quitter? Umm, ok. If he wants to retire, he has every right to. He doesn't owe the game of football anything, nor does he owe anything to anyone or anything else. He also doesn't have anything else to prove. If he retires, good for him.

Rain Man
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
The Falcons are strong enough that you'd think he would stay. It's not like their window closed tonight. The Packers just threw a rock through a pane.

KChiefs1
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I think he has one more year in him.

Count Zarth
01-15-2011, 09:28 PM
He had his worst season since 98 this year, statistically, and his lowest YPC ever.

He'll probably come back though.

KurtCobain
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I could see pioli bringing him back. Not sure if gonzo would like to be a backup though?

Those would be some killer two tight end packages.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I doubt it.

WebGem
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I could see pioli bringing him back. Not sure if gonzo would like to be a backup though?

First of all, Pioli wouldn't bring him back. There's too many actual needs in KC. TE is definitely not one of them. And why the hell would Gonzo be the backup to TM? That just wouldn't be the case.

KurtCobain
01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Since threads spawn in threes with bonus polls, someone should start a thread titled "Where will Tony Gonzalez End Up" and list all thirty two teams in a poll with a gaz option and a canadian league option.

Rudy lost the toss
01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
If he really likes stats, he could play one more year and retire as second only to Jerry Rice in receptions---depending on Owens

Shogun
01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Since threads spawn in threes with bonus polls, someone should start a thread titled "Where will Tony Gonzalez End Up" and list all thirty two teams in a poll with a gaz option and a canadian league option.

Tony would go to the Allouettes or the Args and take them to the big one

KurtCobain
01-15-2011, 09:34 PM
First of all, Pioli wouldn't bring him back. There's too many actual needs in KC.

Yeah, because Pioli has proved himself to care about actual needs. Maybe Haley wants to bench Moeaki for a vet like Jones over Charles?

milkman
01-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Who the fuck cares?

Hog Farmer
01-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm glad he's not going to the Superbowl just because he left us. He had one catch tonight and he tore his vagina doing so. Fuck him !

The Bad Guy
01-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Based on the type of asshole Tony Gonzalez is, I hope he never, ever wins a playoff game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Based on the type of asshole Tony Gonzalez is, I hope he never, ever wins a playoff game.

Every time you post, I imagine Nick Athan cursing yet smiling at me.

It's quite the, uh...juxtaposition.

Crush
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
He is quickly approaching 1994/1995 Hulk Hogan territory. He still has name value, but it is clear that he is a shell of his former self. The Packers game was his SuperBrawl VI.

KCBOSS1
01-15-2011, 09:46 PM

I think the next time Tony comes back it will just be for his retirement. I was actually just out of spite hoping that he would never get a ring. I didn't like all of his complaining every year when he was here. But he is the greatest tight end to ever play.

crazycoffey
01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Depends on how he feels, not going to badmouth or second guess either decision. He's had a wonderful career to retire on and with or without a HOF vote, he should be please with that. Much to be admired, respected, immolated and proud of.

That being said, if it were me; I'd keep playing to try and get the ring as long as I could. Money will stop coming in if he retires, and he'll always and forever be linked with the "almost got a superbowl group". That would mean something to me.

Bewbies
01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
They showed him at the end of the game looking like he was about to cry and I laughed. Terrible. LMAO

KCBOSS1
01-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I still don't like team hopper, ring chasers. I didn't like Deion Sanders as a player, though I like to watch some film on him. Old School I guess, but I miss team loyalty. I still like the players that play for one team for their whole career. I still am hoping that Tony G doesn't get his ring I guess. I love the fact that the ring has stayed elusive to Terrell Owens.

WV
01-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow, some bitter people around here! Last I checked TG was traded, he didn't go off in a huff or hold out like a lot of prima donna athletes. I'm not exactly rooting for him to get a ring because he's not a Chief, but I'm certainly not rooting against him.

Why would he retire? ATL has a good team and they'll be close again next year. He'd be stupid to jump ship now, his options aren't going to get much better.

BigRock
01-15-2011, 10:45 PM
HEY TONY

http://i53.tinypic.com/wmfdar.gif

KC Tattoo
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
The last year TG was here he gave it all to the team, and what he had on the field. He was a gamer to the end. Watched him be the go to guy and save Tyler Thigpens ass. He played hurt with his foot. I don't know what more he could have done for he Chiefs at that point. We moved on as a team and he moved on as a player. We got Tony Moeaki now and he looks like he is every bit like a steller tight end. We didn't have to spend a first round pick on a TE this time. I would have been happy for TG to win a Super Bowl but in the end it's not that big of a deal he didn't get it either.

Tony can sign for a day and retire a Chief. This would be a good time to call it a career for him.

Fuck N A, Aaron Rogers put on a show!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Who gives a shit if he didn't kiss the fans' asses at training camp? He didn't smack his wife around, he didn't steal cars or get into fights at bars, he produced on Sunday and he stayed out of legal trouble. He was a durable player, and he was the most reliable offensive weapon we had for over a decade. He polished a lot of turds.

His job isn't to be your friend.

suzzer99
01-15-2011, 11:49 PM
My fantasy is Tony G comes back here in 2012 as a role player and provides the spiritual inspiration for the first superbowl run of our dynasty.

Hey it's more likely than Bowe getting 15 TDs with Cassel throwing to him.

Wallcrawler
01-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Depends on how he feels, not going to badmouth or second guess either decision. He's had a wonderful career to retire on and with or without a HOF vote, he should be please with that. Much to be admired, respected, immolated and proud of.

Im really hoping you meant to say "emulated" there, and not immolated.

I know some were mad when Tony bailed, but the setting ablaze of his career is a bit much.

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-16-2011, 01:42 AM
There's a space waiting for him in the ring of honor when he decides to hang it up

Nuthin but love for ya TG

DaKCMan AP
01-16-2011, 04:44 AM
ROFL @ Tony - you'll never play in a Super Bowl. You were a great player. Best TE ever. Appreciate what you did in KC, but once you forced your way out I couldn't be happier that you don't get a playoff win.

CrazyHorse
01-16-2011, 05:49 AM
I think the next time Tony comes back it will just be for his retirement. I was actually just out of spite hoping that he would never get a ring. I didn't like all of his complaining every year when he was here. But he is the greatest tight end to ever play.

All he did was say that given the direction the team was going, and him being at the end of his carreer, he would like to be traded to a contender. Then, the Chiefs told him that if they recieved certain compensation they would grant him that trade. They recieved an offer with said compensation, and the Chiefs pulled TG off the market. TG went on to play as hard as any other year of his carreer that season. In a situation when fans are qestioning the loyalty of players, TG was loyal to the fans that year and many of those fans are turning thier backs on him. I believe spite is the proper term for your opinion. It looks like he stepped up and did his job, while the team screwed him, and now the fans turn on him.

Unreasonable expectation.

TG did what he did for fans like me. Fans like me understand and have no issue with the way he handled himself. I would take a whole team of TGs.

Slainte
01-16-2011, 06:04 AM
All he did was say that given the direction the team was going, and him being at the end of his carreer, he would like to be traded to a contender. Then, the Chiefs told him that if they recieved certain compensation they would grant him that trade. They recieved an offer with said compensation, and the Chiefs pulled TG off the market. TG went on to play as hard as any other year of his carreer that season. In a situation when fans are qestioning the loyalty of players, TG was loyal to the fans that year and many of those fans are turning thier backs on him. I believe spite is the proper term for your opinion. It looks like he stepped up and did his job, while the team screwed him, and now the fans turn on him.

TG did what he did for fans like me. Fans like me understand and have no issue with the way he handled himself. I would take a whole team of TGs.

Let me know if you need more lungs. I'll gladly give you mine for this post -- agree 100%.

CupidStunt
01-16-2011, 06:07 AM
He's done as a good player, but of course he won't. He's still getting paid and the Falcons are still solid, though they won't sniff a title with Ryan at QB.

Extra Point
01-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Is TG on contract with ATL next season? If so, no. He won't retire. The game will retire him before he retires from the game.

MahiMike
01-16-2011, 07:21 AM
No, he'll Farveitize it a few more.

The Bad Guy
01-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Who gives a shit if he didn't kiss the fans' asses at training camp? He didn't smack his wife around, he didn't steal cars or get into fights at bars, he produced on Sunday and he stayed out of legal trouble. He was a durable player, and he was the most reliable offensive weapon we had for over a decade. He polished a lot of turds.

He doesn't have to be my friend or kiss anyone's ass. I was expecting some civility toward young kids who look up to him and spent basically 3 straight days waiting for him to at least recognize their presence. Don't want to give an autograph? Fine, but don't mock those kids though.

Just because you aren't a criminal, doesn't mean you can't be an asshole.

Jack
01-16-2011, 08:10 AM
He doesn't have to be my friend or kiss anyone's ass. I was expecting some civility toward young kids who look up to him and spent basically 3 straight days waiting for him to at least recognize their presence. Don't want to give an autograph? Fine, but don't mock those kids though.

Just because you aren't a criminal, doesn't mean you can't be an asshole.

Pretty much sums it up. . .

bevischief
01-16-2011, 08:17 AM
No, he'll Farveitize it a few more.

:LOL:

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Since I have never liked Tony G, and openly talked about my opinion for years that he was overrated, I didn't turn on him.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Since I have never liked Tony G, and openly talked about my opinion for years that he was overrated, I didn't turn on him.

I don't think he was overrated. He was a great player. The problem is people tend to overinflate his importance. The position of TE is really not that important in the grand scheme of building a team.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't think he was overrated. He was a great player. The problem is people tend to overinflate his importance. The position of TE is really not that important in the grand scheme of building a team.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, he was overrarted.

Not the greatest TE ever.

GloryDayz
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not concerned with what he does. He thought he was too good for the Chiefs (I don't care about the whole Queen Carl thing!!), so his success doesn't matter to me.

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
No, he was overrarted.

Not the greatest TE ever.I think he is the greatest Pass-Catching TE ever. His numbers dont lie. No TE will ever surpass him in that department.

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 09:25 AM
though they won't sniff a title with Ryan at QB.:rolleyes: Yes, because he's such a horrible QB. :spock:

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:33 AM
I think he is the greatest Pass-Catching TE ever. His number dont lie. No TE will ever surpass him in that department.

His numbers are a product of the evolution of the passing game.

Dan Fouts, in an offense that was considered a wide open passing attack at the time, only attempted more than 500 passes in a season 4 times in his career, and only 2 other times went over 400 attempts.

I believe that the Chiefs, regardless who was at QB attempted more than 400 passes a season in every year that Tony G was in KC, and 5 times went over 500 attempts.

track
01-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Don't care....he is not a chief anymore

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 09:44 AM
His numbers are a product of the evolution of the passing game.

Dan Fouts, in an offense that was considered a wide open passing attack at the time, only attempted more than 500 passes in a season 4 times in his career, and only 2 other times went over 400 attempts.

I believe that the Chiefs, regardless who was at QB attempted more than 400 passes a season in every year that Tony G was in KC, and 5 times went over 500 attempts.Yes. The Chiefs threw a lot and they targeted TG a lot. He caught a lot of passes. 1000+.

I understand why you and others dont like him. However, his numbers cannot be ignored. Its unfortunate that his play never helped us win anything meaningful.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-16-2011, 09:46 AM
I just can't get over the show that Aaron Rodgers put on last night. Wow!

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I just can't get over the show that Aaron Rodgers put on last night. Wow!It was special. No surprise to me really. That dude is beyond stud. 2 more wins and the entire Packer fanbase can wash their hands of Brett Favre.

OldTownChief
01-16-2011, 09:51 AM
If he does, he can devote more time to peddling his APS Bullshit.

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes. The Chiefs threw a lot and they targeted TG a lot. He caught a lot of passes. 1000+.

I understand why you and others dont like him. However, his numbers cannot be ignored. Its unfortunate that his play never helped us win anything meaningful.

I'm not saying that he didn't put up great numbers, or that he isn't one of the top TEs to ever play the game.

I'm just saying that numbers don't tell the entire story, and I have an opinion based on what I saw from other players over the years from actually watching them.

It's the same argument that I have with regards to Peyton Manning vs. QBs like Joe Montana, John Elway, Terry Bradshaw (who I consider to be the most underrated QB ever) Roger Staubach, among others.

Wallcrawler
01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
No, he was overrarted.

Not the greatest TE ever.

Those NFL recordbooks beg to differ.

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Those NFL recordbooks beg to differ.

JFC.

I guess Vinny Testeverde was a better QB than Joe Montana.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 10:25 AM
I can understand talking about the inflation of the passing game for the records of QBs, but Tony Gonzalez was a revolutionary type of tight end. He literally changed the position. If you put him back 30 years ago, he would have been just as dominant.

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I can understand talking about the inflation of the passing game for the records of QBs, but Tony Gonzalez was a revolutionary type of tight end. He literally changed the position. If you put him back 30 years ago, he would have been just as dominant.

No he wasn't.

He continued to evolve the position, but to call him "revolutionary" is a complete misnomer.

John Mackey was that guy, with guys like Ozzie Newsome and Kellen Winslow following him.

TG followed them.

Frazod
01-16-2011, 10:44 AM
This thread is missing the "Who Gives A Shit?" option.

I see both sides of the argument. Tony did give us his best years. He was an integral part of the greatest offense we ever had and almost certainly ever will have, and it sucks that his legacy (as well as many others from that era) is tarnished because that FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT VERMEIL never gave having a defense a thought. They all deserved better. So did we.

OTOH, he was a selfish, surly prick and did bail on us. I don't exactly root for him to fail, but seeing it happen does put the slightest hint of a smile on my face.

BossChief
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow, some bitter people around here! Last I checked TG was traded, he didn't go off in a huff or hold out like a lot of prima donna athletes. I'm not exactly rooting for him to get a ring because he's not a Chief, but I'm certainly not rooting against him.

.Bs

Tony held out for wr money to extend his last contract and made it public knowledge he wanted out of KC the last few offseasons here.

His job isn't to be your friend.I agree to an extent but
contrary to perception the guy was a total primadona and going to camp for ten years I never once saw him sign an auto for a kid that wanted nothing more with an 88 jersey on, unless it was a scheduled thing he HAD to do.

As a player on the field and in practice he was nothing short of truly great, as a person he didn't live up to common perception and to some (myself included) that means something

Valiant
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Are problem is people not getting enough separation.. Gonzo is not going to help..

chiefqueen
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
IMO if there is a season next year he will play. If the labor situation cancwls the 2011 season, he has played his last game. I'm not saying next year will be his last season but Tony G. could be among several players in the mid 30s who may not return if a work stoppage cancels the 2011 season.

milkman
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Are problem is people not getting enough separation.. Gonzo is not going to help..

Our you sure?

Chiefshrink
01-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Bullsh**! Once a playmaker always a playmaker and he could really school Moeaki and not have to play every down. And the big factor is you don't need speed once you get down in the redzone you need very good skills which he still has and will until he retires IMO.

We need more offensive tools in the red zone to support our weak-ass QB who still needs his "binky". Imagine having Bowe,Moeaki, Gonzo and Charles to choose from in the redzone?

Bring him back I say!!:thumb:

FAX
01-16-2011, 11:56 AM
When Gonzo first whined his way out of town ("I just want to win a playoff game!!"), I was a little angry. That, of course, was BM (Before Moeaki). Now that we have a TE who is younger and potentially equally talented, I don't care what he does. Except sing that "moon hits your eye" song. I would prefer that he not sing that song.

FAX

milkman
01-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Bullsh**! Once a playmaker always a playmaker and he could really school Moeaki and not have to play every down. And the big factor is you don't need speed once you get down in the redzone you need very good skills which he still has and will until he retires IMO.

We need more offensive tools in the red zone to support our weak-ass QB who still needs his "binky". Imagine having Bowe,Moeaki, Gonzo and Charles to choose from in the redzone?

Bring him back I say!!:thumb:

JFC.

Binky?

Really?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
No he wasn't.

He continued to evolve the position, but to call him "revolutionary" is a complete misnomer.

John Mackey was that guy, with guys like Ozzie Newsome and Kellen Winslow following him.

TG followed them.

Mackey and Newsome are the size of Dwayne Bowe.

Gonzalez was basically a power forward on a football field. You can talk about the change in the passing game, but even if you allow for airing it out more, Gonzalez catching almost 1100 balls, and not hanging around to pad his stats like Jerry Rice, is a hell of a lot different than Kellen Winslow catching 550.

Look at the change in body types of tight ends since Gonzalez's rise to prominence. It's no difference than the way that Lawrence Taylor changed what people were looking for in both pass rushing linebackers and left tackles.

milkman
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Mackey and Newsome are the size of Dwayne Bowe.

Gonzalez was basically a power forward on a football field. You can talk about the change in the passing game, but even if you allow for airing it out more, Gonzalez catching almost 1100 balls, and not hanging around to pad his stats like Jerry Rice, is a hell of a lot different than Kellen Winslow catching 550.

Look at the change in body types of tight ends since Gonzalez's rise to prominence. It's no difference than the way that Lawrence Taylor changed what people were looking for in both pass rushing linebackers and left tackles.

Size is relative to era.

What was big then is considered undersized today.

Mike Ditka was considered a big brusing physical presense at less than 230 lbs.
Fred Arbanas

milkman
01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
But size is not an issue here.

What I'm talking about is how the TE was used prior to Mackey , and after Mackey came into the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Size is an issue, though, because it changes what you are looking for from the position, as well as the skillset of the position.

I think we're talking past each other, somewhat. I don't deny that the idea of a tight end as a receiving weapon was developed when Tony was still shitting in his diapers. What I'm saying is that he changed the way the position was played, where you look for talent, and what you look for from a tight end.

milkman
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Size is an issue, though, because it changes what you are looking for from the position, as well as the skillset of the position.

I think we're talking past each other, somewhat. I don't deny that the idea of a tight end as a receiving weapon was developed when Tony was still shitting in his diapers. What I'm saying is that he changed the way the position was played, where you look for talent, and what you look for from a tight end.

Where we are talking past each other is that you are saying that teams started looking for TEs that looked like Tony after Tony arrived on the scene, and I'm sayin that teams were looking for TEs that looked like Tony before he arrived.

Garcia Bronco
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
regardless he played well to great and like a champion every sunday. You could knock his route running at times and general lack of production in the playoffs, but the dude could catch, run, and block with the best ever.

arrowheadnation
01-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but he told Jim Rome earlier this year that he thought he had 2 to 3 good productive years left in him thanks to this new "health" regimen that he started.

WV
01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
He's ahead of Shannon Sharpe in all categories.....that's all I care about.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
not while atlanta still has a legit team

as soon as they lose talent then he will bail

Bowser
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
http://doyougiveashit.com/GASMeter1.gif

Bewbies
01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/gonzalez-retirement-a-possibility-805612.html

Tony Gonzalez sounded like he intends to return for his 15th NFL season. However, the Falcons tight end acknowledged he may have played his last game Saturday in the team's divisional playoff loss to Green Bay.

"It's always a possibility," Gonzalez said. "Year 15 is a long time."

Gonzalez has one year left on his contract, and the team would like him to return. Gonzalez, who turns 35 in February, will take time to get away from football and make a decision later. If he leaves the game now, it won't be because he isn't playing at a top level. He caught 70 passes, made the Pro Bowl and started all 16 games for the 11th time in his 14 seasons. Following the game, he raved about the team's core and guaranteed that the Falcons will be one of the NFL's glamour teams over the next five or six years.

"That's definitely going to weigh into my decision whether or not I come back," he said.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
JFC.

Binky?

Really?

Off your meds again I see:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Winslow took it to the next level for TEs PERIOD!!

TEX
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
You gotta think he is ready, and I think it will be this year. I kind of feel bad for the guy but it is what it is. I always loved him as a Chief and have since followed his career in Atlanta, I just think he is gonna pack it in this offseason

He can still play at a high level. H'e the best TE in NFL history stat wise. Every catch / TD / Yard adds to his records. As long as he plays he has a chance. Atlanta is a good team. I would NOT retire.

GloryDayz
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM

This...

GloryDayz
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
http://doyougiveashit.com/GASMeter1.gif

Awesome!!! LOL... Rep!

WebGem
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/17/tony-gonzalez-calls-retirement-a-possibility/

Tony Gonzalez calls retirement a “possibility”

In his rookie year with the Chiefs, tight end Tony Gonzalez played on a team that won the top seed in the AFC playoff field.

And they lost their first playoff game.

In his 14th year, now with the Falcons, Gonzalez played on a team that won the top seed in the NFC playoff field.

And they lost in their first playoff game.

After such a deflating 48-21 loss to the Packers, which came on the heels of a 13-3 regular season, it’s no surprise that Gonzalez is considering calling it quits.

“It’s always a possibility,” Gonzalez said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Year 15 is a long time.”

The fact that the Falcons have plenty of promise and potential for 2011 could prompt him to return. “That’s definitely going to weigh into my decision whether or not I come back,” Gonzalez said.

Though things will get no easier in 2011 with the Saints and Bucs in the same division and the Falcons having to start over at 0-0, Gonzalez knows he’s playing for a contender. So, yeah, we think he’ll be back.

Besides, he’s only 34, and he’s in great health, missing only two games over the course of his entire career. Though the football-following world would prefer to see a guy leave one year too early (Tiki Barber) than one year too late (Brett Favre), Gonzalez seems to have three or four good years left in the tank.

from PFT

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM

not all of them

WebGem
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
not all of them

I guess he was never a part of a team that cheated to win Super Bowls. You're right.

Frazod
01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
not all of them

Sharp still has a vast lead in Being Mistaken For A Horse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2011, 10:36 AM

And gallons of spittle ejaculated while talking.

suzzer99
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Is there anyone left in the league that played for the Shottenheimer Chiefs besides Gonzo and TRich? I can't think of anyone.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM

as it's not our responsibility to give a shit about him

he's not a chief ... fuck him

IF .... he chooses to retire a chief then we will revisit the situation.

Carlota69
01-17-2011, 10:51 AM
as it's not our responsibility to give a shit about him

he's not a chief ... **** him

IF .... he chooses to retire a chief then we will revisit the situation.

I saw an interview with him at the beginning of the 2010 season. He said he would retire as a Chief.

suzzer99
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
How about this radical idea - if you want to root for Tony G you can, if you want to root against him you can, and if you don't give a rat's ass about him - that's ok too.

Personally he's probably my favorite all-time Chief and I'd love to see him do well as long as it's not at our expense. If he ever wins a playoff game, maybe it would signify that the Cosmos is ready to let the Chiefs break out of their own playoff slump.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I saw an interview with him at the beginning of the 2010 season. He said he would retire as a Chief.cool ... i'll stop hating him the day that happens.

The chiefs weren't good enough for him so he demanded a trade and went to another teams. He's the enemy.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM

He was a stud.

Fumblerooski
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Just now Per Denise White ( TG's Agent) Twitter Feed

@DeniseWhite_EAG*

As I ride with @TonyGonzalez88 to the Hawks game right now in Atlanta, I can assure you he will not be retiring this year.