PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ******Official 2011 NASCAR thread******

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

kstater
06-04-2011, 07:51 PM
PLEAASE be a video.

chefsos
06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Suspend both bush brothers permanentlyIt would actually be hilarious if they suspended Kurt for something his brother did.

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Richard Childress confronted Kyle Busch (http://news.speedtv.com/topic/Kyle_Busch) after Saturday’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Saturday, with the 65-year-old team owner reportedly taking his watch off, punching Busch in the face three times and throwing him to the ground.

Childress apparently was upset that Busch tapped Richard Childress Racing driver Joey Coulter on the cool-down lap of the race. Coulter passed Busch on the last lap to score a career-best fifth-place finish.

Busch is on NASCAR probation until June 15 because of an altercation with RCR driver Kevin Harvick (http://news.speedtv.com/topic/Kevin_Harvick) after last month’s Showtime Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Busch also made headlines last month for being ticked at 128 miles per hour in a 45-mile-per hour zone on a rural road north of Charlotte, N.C.

“I think some people are their own worst enemy when it comes to being responsible as a person or as a business person or anything that comes with life’s responsibilities,” Harvick said afterwards

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-greatest-hits-rcr-vs-busch-brothers

LMAO LMAO LMAO :clap: :clap: :clap: Fucking tool got beat up by a 65 year old man. How anyone can root for that clown is beyond me~

Old Dog
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Copied from Jayski:
NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp confirmed that NASCAR was looking into the rumors of an altercation following the Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway. The altercation happened in the garage area about 30 minutes after the conclusion of the race, according to the sources, who indicated that Childress initiated the altercation. Childress likely was upset that late in the race, Richard Childress Racing driver Joey Coulter and Busch had a tight battle for fifth with contact on the final lap. Busch tapped Coulter on the cool-down lap following the race.

The line about Childress initiating it is how NASCAR will avoid doing anything to Kyle. Unless they put him on "double secret" probation. I still hope someone caught it on video.

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Copied from Jayski:
NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp confirmed that NASCAR was looking into the rumors of an altercation following the Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway. The altercation happened in the garage area about 30 minutes after the conclusion of the race, according to the sources, who indicated that Childress initiated the altercation. Childress likely was upset that late in the race, Richard Childress Racing driver Joey Coulter and Busch had a tight battle for fifth with contact on the final lap. Busch tapped Coulter on the cool-down lap following the race.

The line about Childress initiating it is how NASCAR will avoid doing anything to Kyle. Unless they put him on "double secret" probation. I still hope someone caught it on video.

He is a total shitbag and he is going to get got one way or another~

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2011, 08:08 PM
From NASCAR.com~
http://www.nascar.com/news/110604/rchildress-kybusch-altercation-kansas/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR is looking into reports of an altercation between team owner Richard Childress and owner/driver Kyle Busch, NASCAR officials confirmed Saturday.

Details were sketchy, but the altercation reportedly occurred after Saturday's Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, won by Clint Bowyer, who drives for Childress in the Sprint Cup Series.

Pit reporter Ray Dunlap posted the following on his Twitter account after the race: "Hot news from the track. Grandpa Childress put a whipping on Kyle Busch in the Truck garage. Look for big sun glasses on kubu sun."

(Dunlap actually meant "KyBu," the twitter shorthand for Kyle Busch. "KuBu" refers to brother Kurt Busch.)

Later, Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

Busch finished sixth in his No. 18 Toyota after racing hard for fifth against RCR driver Joey Coulter, who passed Busch for the position on the final lap. After the checkered flag, Busch drove up beside Coulter and bumped the No. 22 truck.

Bill Janitz, a spokesman for Busch, told The Associated Press in an email that "there won't be any comment tonight." A phone message left for Richard Childress Racing seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Busch is on probation for all NASCAR events through June 15, the result of a post-race, pit-road confrontation between Busch and Kevin Harvick at Darlington.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

kstater
06-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Childress took off his jewelry before approaching Busch in the garage area and struck him with his fist. The two were separated; traded insults and then Childress grabbed Busch in a headlock and struck him again before the incident was broken up. The crew member said Childress initiated the incident.

Over-Head
06-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Later, Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

First action scene since Rusty threw his water bottle at Dale Sr. May have to start watching NASCAR again :thumb:

chefsos
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Looks like Kyle's gonna skate on this one, but NASCAR will drop the hammer on Childress.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/truck/news/story?id=6628013

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR president Mike Helton says Kyle Busch did nothing to provoke Richard Childress or violate his probation in an altercation with the 65-year-old car owner after the Trucks Series race at Kansas Speedway.

Helton says Childress will be allowed to stay for Sunday's Sprint Cup race in Kansas because the RCR team needs leadership. But Childress' track access will be restricted, and Helton says NASCAR will announce actions against the owner Monday.

A statement released Sunday by NASCAR called the incident Saturday "unacceptable," adding that Childress's actions fall "far short of the standard we expect of owners."

Busch is on probation through June 15 following a postrace confrontation with RCR driver Kevin Harvick at Darlington.

chefsos
06-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I still want to see a video of Childress whipping his ass, though.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Looks like Kyle's gonna skate on this one, but NASCAR will drop the hammer on Childress.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR president Mike Helton says Kyle Busch did nothing to provoke Richard Childress or violate his probation in an altercation with the 65-year-old car owner after the Trucks Series race at Kansas Speedway.

Helton says Childress will be allowed to stay for Sunday's Sprint Cup race in Kansas because the RCR team needs leadership. But Childress' track access will be restricted, and Helton says NASCAR will announce actions against the owner Monday.

A statement released Sunday by NASCAR called the incident Saturday "unacceptable," adding that Childress's actions fall "far short of the standard we expect of owners."

Busch is on probation through June 15 following a postrace confrontation with RCR driver Kevin Harvick at Darlington.

It is the old you have had an ass kicking coming for a while deal. Its old school and many of these new breed of NASCAR fans don't get it. Kyle is far from a clean slate and there is more to come. Everyone at the track and in the garage knows it. Helton is so full of shit NASCAR loves this and it is great for the sport. More people will tune in to the race this week and it ain't because they want to see a race in a wheat field in Kansas~

GoHuge
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
They are running this wall to wall on Raceday. It's like fuckin TMZ today. Just heard Kyle Busch has an interview coming up in a few. He told Childress he punches like an old man so he put him in a headlock and went to bashing him again. He didn't have any bumps or bruises when they showed him earlier, but I hope he's at least got a little shiner going on.

I do find it humorous that Mike Helton is talking like he's going to drop the hammer on Richard Childress for getting into a fist fight back in the garage with a fellow owner (which Busch was in the truck race). Isn't that how you'd want it to happen.....away from the cameras?? Shit Kyle smacks the 29 twice after the race at Darlington was over and then when Harvick gets out and tries to confront him he takes off like a bitch and slams in the back of the 29 sending it into the wall with know one in it with and 5 safety workers standing right there. I was hoping when I heard about this from Marty Smith last night that Kyle would be all fucked up. He said "Richard took his wrist watch off and went over, put him in a head lock, and went to pounding him." All I want is to see some signs on Kyle's face that he got a little roughed up. I love Richard and that he did what he did, but if he didn't inflict any damage on that little douchebag he ends up looking more like Don Zimmer than the badass team owner with "take no shit" drivers like Dale Earnhardt, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton, and Clint Bowyer. I'm sure Harvick would love a chance at whooping his ass. Only got a few more weeks of probation and he can get Richard's back. And no damage to Kyle's face........FAIL.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Richard Childress faces discipline .... /ESPN ROFL

Grandfather dumbass!

Dylan
06-05-2011, 10:12 AM
{{{{{{{{{ CUE IN THE HATERS! }}}}}}}}}}}

LMAO

GoHuge
06-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Richard Childress faces discipline .... /ESPN ROFL

Grandfather dumbass!If they do anything to Childress it flies in the face of the "boys have at it" shit that Brian France has been humping his fist to. It's OK to have at it on the track at 200 mph (Carl v BK) where Carl came back out on to the track just to wreck him and subsequently flipped him into the catch fence (which could have seriously injured or killed someone). Or Ryan Newman and JPM hooking each other for two weeks in a row taking themselves and alot of really good cars out. Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton have a fist fight (OK they're both midgets, but still) on the back stretch after a wreck under caution and that's all good, but two owners having a scuffle in the garage away from the cameras and press and that's a big no-no!! What a joke.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 10:30 AM
...anything you like, so long as it fills the stands. .... /NASCAR CEO Brian France the drunk & failure

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
If they do anything to Childress it flies in the face of the "boys have at it" shit that Brian France has been humping his fist to. It's OK to have at it on the track at 200 mph (Carl v BK) where Carl came back out on to the track just to wreck him and subsequently flipped him into the catch fence (which could have seriously injured or killed someone). Or Ryan Newman and JPM hooking each other for two weeks in a row taking themselves and alot of really good cars out. Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton have a fist fight (OK they're both midgets, but still) on the back stretch after a wreck under caution and that's all good, but two owners having a scuffle in the garage away from the cameras and press and that's a big no-no!! What a joke.

It is and 99% of the people who follow NASCAR and are involved in the sport thinks he had it coming. They will get a huge spike for one of the weaker races on the schedule~

kstater
06-05-2011, 11:06 AM
So I take it since the pussies' contact after the checkered was kosher in regards to the probation, that Harvick is free to take him out after the race today.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 11:57 AM
It is and 99% of the people who follow NASCAR and are involved in the sport thinks he had it coming. They will get a huge spike for one of the weaker races on the schedule~

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

Dylan
06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
So I take it since the pussies' contact after the checkered was kosher in regards to the probation, that Harvick is free to take him out after the race today.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:00 PM

Sorry Dylan I forgot part of the 1% posts here~

Dylan
06-05-2011, 12:00 PM
stop being stupid for cryin' out loud!

you're waaaaaay smarter than that... just saying

LOL

Baconeater
06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
OK you two, don't forget you're both on ChiefsPlanet probation.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 12:03 PM
that so called "99%" has more fans than the #29

Dylan
06-05-2011, 12:03 PM
OK you two, don't forget you're both on ChiefsPlanet probation.

LMAO o:-)

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:04 PM
stop being stupid for cryin' out loud!

you're waaaaaay smarter than that... just saying

LOL

Who are you talking to?

Dylan
06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Bush Bros. 1,2!

LMAO

dannybcaitlyn
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I do like ole school mentality of solving some problems in the pits. Like Tony stewart once said, "altercations would happen in the pits after a race and sometimes afterward the drivers would help each other load there cars up". With that being said, I believe childress is one of the last owners who should be getting involved. Particularly with his two most popular drivers on track issues during there racing careers.

Old Dog
06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Kyle is unquestionably a talented driver. It's also unquestionable that he's a little bitch.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Kyle is unquestionably a talented driver. It's also unquestionable that he's a little bitch.

Living in North Carolina NASCAR is pretty big. I have yet to meet or talk to anyone who likes or defends him~

kstater
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Only little bitches like him.
Likewise, only the crazies defend him.

dannybcaitlyn
06-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Living in North Carolina NASCAR is pretty big. I have yet to meet or talk to anyone who likes or defends him~

I'm sure he has more haters then people liking him but him winning has helped his popularity. I do notice more people at his sovenior trailer at the track. More than when he was driving the number 5 for hendrick.

Baconeater
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice to see Tony finally showing up for a race.

Baconeater
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Oh, and Cassill sucks.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm sure he has more haters then people liking him but him winning has helped his popularity. I do notice more people at his sovenior trailer at the track. More than when he was driving the number 5 for hendrick.

Well if winning is the only reason somebody is a fan that fan is a tool and fair weather. I would wager of his fans none are long time NASCAR fans~

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Nice to see Tony finally showing up for a race.

Yeah it is nice to see smoke showing up~

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Juan Montoya taking top 5 equipment to the back of the pack again~

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Glad Jr didn't hit anything

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Heck of a save by Jr~

dannybcaitlyn
06-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Well if winning is the only reason somebody is a fan that fan is a tool and fair weather. I would wager of his fans none are long time NASCAR fans~

True. There are a bunch of ban wagon fans from a winning driver and offspring from legendary drivers.

KurtCobain
06-05-2011, 01:10 PM

LMAO

Coach
06-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Quite a few caution flags being waved today.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:16 PM

seriously hard core NASCAR fans pick their drivers when they're watching them coming up through the ranks.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Where's Ping?

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Kyle is a threat to win every time he's in a race -

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 01:31 PM
seriously hard core NASCAR fans pick their drivers when they're watching them coming up through the ranks.

Well there must not be many "seriously hard core NASCAR fans" fans I guess~

Baconeater
06-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Where's Ping?
Ping is in the sticks of Missouri where there is no internet access.

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:33 PM
leader has to pit

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Ping is in the sticks of Missouri where there is no internet access.

LMAO

Dylan
06-05-2011, 01:44 PM
denny is going to have to pit --

mlyonsd
06-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Kyle is a threat to win every time he's in a race -

I have two drivers, Jr, and anyone else that will finish in front of bug eyed pile kyle. :p

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 01:50 PM
I have two drivers, Jr, and anyone else that will finish in front of bug eyed pile kyle. :p

Just one more reason why you are one of my favorite posters ;)

mlyonsd
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
My prediction -

Cars that still need gas pit, Jr. gets to 5th, then there is a caution and he ends up 12th.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
My prediction -

Cars that still will need gas pit, Jr. gets to 5th, then there is a caution and he ends up 12th.

Harvick gave in an hit the pit. So he can only hope for a top ten. At this point Jr has the gas to make it so I hope he tracks down Hamlin and ends the streak today if not him then I hope its Smoke~

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Come on 88!

Dylan
06-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Junior goes past the #11

Come on Junior!!

10 to go

Dylan
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Come on 88!

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

dannybcaitlyn
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
GO BRAD!!! Lol

Baconeater
06-05-2011, 02:14 PM
meh

Dylan
06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats Brad!

Junior 2nd --

mlyonsd

Al Bundy
Brad is a likeable enough guy, too bad a Chevy didn't win here.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Well good for the blue deuce~

Spott
At least Jr didn't win.

Dylan
Junior is pulling away from Kyle in points. lol

dannybcaitlyn
Must say both peneske dodges were fast today.

Dylan
Brad is a likeable enough guy, too bad a Chevy didn't win here.

Agreed...

RedNeckRaider

Another good points day for your boy~

Dylan
06-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Everybody loves Junior -- He's truly happy for Brad!

Al Bundy
06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
As long as it isn't one of those Panama Jackass Rousch cars. People here are pissed off bigtime.

Old Dog
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Everybody loves Junior

No, EVERYBODY doesn't.

mlyonsd
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
"I'll let you know when there's a lady standing next to you".

Sounds like #2 just got an invite.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
"I'll let you know when there's a lady standing next to you".

Sounds like #2 just got an invite.

LMAO

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:30 PM
No, EVERYBODY doesn't.

I am a RCR fan and a fan of his dad. I have a soft spot for Jr. Last year I was in Port Huron on a business trip. I got to talking with a guy up there and bought some 24 scale diecast cars from him. He had a brand new NEXTEL Cup Jr leather jacket. When I got home I boxed it up and shipped it to a good friend back home. He was a very surprised and happy Jr fan. It fit him perfectly~

Old Dog
06-05-2011, 02:34 PM
OP updated. Catch ya'll next week.

RedNeckRaider
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
OP updated. Catch ya'll next week.

Great job as always~

Dylan
06-05-2011, 02:42 PM
No, EVERYBODY doesn't.

truebigdog, I'm not talking about NASCRAP fans -- I meant his peers and the folks who work with the #88.

Thanks for the points update!

RedNeckRaider
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/06/nascar-richard-childress-kyle-busch-motor-sports-kevin-harvick.html

NASCAR fines Richard Childress $150,000 for reported fight with Kyle Busch
June 6, 2011 | 11:46am
NASCAR levied a $150,000 fine on longtime team owner Richard Childress on Monday for an incident in which Childress reportedly fought with driver Kyle Busch in the garage at Kansas Speedway.

Childress, 65, also was placed on probation until Dec. 31 for what NASCAR described only as "an altercation," but that multiple media outlets said involved Childress getting Busch in a headlock and punching him more than once before they were separated Saturday after a NASCAR truck race.

NASCAR also issued a rare additional statement along with the penalty, saying it was "confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately."

Childress responded with a statement saying he was "responsible for my actions." He said he accepted the penalty and that he let "passion and my emotions get the best of me."

Childress has been a team owner in what is now NASCAR's premier Sprint Cup Series, along with its lower-level car and truck series, for decades, and he won six Cup championships with the late Dale Earnhardt. Busch, 26, whose nicknames include "Rowdy," is one of the sport's most controversial figures.

The fight came Saturday after Busch had tangled on the track with one of Childress' drivers, Joey Coulter, in the truck race at Kansas Speedway. Last month, Busch also had a run-in with Kevin Harvick, one of Childress' drivers in the Cup series, after a race in Darlington, S.C.

Childress' action quickly ignited a debate over whether he overreacted or whether Busch was asking for trouble.

A number of NASCAR fans posted comments on the Los Angeles Times' website siding with Childress, and some motor-racing writers agreed. Others argued that regardless of Busch's on-track actions, Childress had gone too far.

-- Jim Peltz

Photo: NASCAR team owner Richard Childress at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 16. Credit: Terry Renna / Associated Press

kstater
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I typically think Blount is a bad writer that can't seem to find his voice, but he wrote a decent article today.

The most unpopular penalty in ages was handed down Monday by the NASCAR fight police. A beloved team owner punched a cocky driver who is less than half his age, and the team owner paid a price.

The have-at-it-boys philosophy does not apply to a 65-year-old icon who decides to teach a lesson to a driver who seems above the law.
Richard Childress got the proverbial book thrown at him (monetarily speaking) for allegedly placing Kyle Busch (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=4&driverId=580) in a headlock and pummeling him like Nolan Ryan on Robin Ventura.

NASCAR fined Childress $150,000 and placed him on probation through the end of the year.
"I'm responsible for my actions, plain and simple," Childress stated in a press release after the penalty was announced. "I am a very principled person and have a passion for what we do at Richard Childress Racing. I believe passionately in defending my race teams and my sponsor partners. In this instance, I let that passion and my emotions get the best of me."

Knowing Richard, I'm sure he considers it money well spent, despite the mea culpa above. Notice there is no actual apology here.
As for the probation part, well, we all can look at the so-called victim of this incident and realize NASCAR probation means absolutely nothing.
Since receiving his probation for the on-track and off-track altercation with Kevin Harvick (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=2&driverId=225) at Darlington, Busch tried to set a land-speed record on a North Carolina road in his Lexus.

He also deliberately gave Camping World Truck Series rookie Joey Coulter (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=4&driverId=4465) a post-race bump Saturday because he apparently felt Coulter raced him a little too aggressively in an event where Busch shouldn't be racing at all.
In the watchful eyes of NASCAR, neither of those incidents were probation violations. Apparently, Busch has to place someone in a headlock to violate his probation.

Look, I get it. You can't have team owners physically attacking competitors. Can you imagine Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban heading into the Miami Heat locker room and placing Dwyane Wade in a headlock?
Cuban wouldn't escape that situation without a hospital visit, but that's beside the point. The NBA would fine him a lot more than $150,000 and make sure he didn't attend the remaining games of the NBA Finals.
But there's another issue here for NASCAR -- hypocrisy.

Drivers can deliberately wreck each other at 190 mph on the track and often have no action taken in the have-at-it era. But an old man going after a driver who has shown a pattern of on-track incidents against his team is a major infraction?
This particular incident never would have happened had Busch not felt the need to show a sense of entitlement in a Truck race. Busch felt Coulter, who turns 21 on Wednesday, wasn't racing him fairly at the end and cut him off when Busch tried to pass him.
"Hey rookie. I'm a Cup star. Get out of my way."

No, Busch didn't actually say that, but the implication was clear. And that's the problem with Cup stars in these events. They aren't racing for points and don't really care about the guys who are.
Coulter drives for RCR, and Childress responded like a protective father whose son was threatened by a bully.

So Childress went after Busch and physically attacked him, unprovoked by any physical move from Busch. In the legal sense of the incident, that's assault, even though the man taking action is four decades older than the other guy.
A year ago at the start of the have-at-it era, Carl Edwards (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=2&driverId=460) received three weeks probation (no fine) for intentionally going back on the track in Atlanta and wrecking Brad Keselowski (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=2&driverId=626) at 190 mph, causing Keselowski's car to go airborne into the wall.

Speaking again from a legal standpoint, that's assault with a deadly weapon, far deadlier than Childress' fists.
I don't mean to rag on Edwards; he didn't mean for the car to become a missile and only did what NASCAR allowed. The point is what happens on the track, and goes relatively unpunished, brings about other actions off the track that do get punished.

Think of it like this: If you're Busch, or any other driver for that matter, you can do pretty much whatever you want on the track and get away with it as long as you don't physically attack anyone off the track.
If the person you wronged on the track fights back outside the car, he gets the penalty, like the guy who throws the second punch in a hockey fight when almost no one saw the first punch from the other guy.
NASCAR had to punish Childress. That's clear.

Something else is clear, as well. Have-at-it-boys on the track leads to increased incidents off the track, and one is a more serious offense than the other. The wrong one.

chefsos
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
"If I write you a check right now for another $150K, can I do it again?"

RubberSponge
06-07-2011, 02:45 AM
truebigdog, I'm not talking about NASCRAP fans -- I meant his peers and the folks who work with the #88.

Thanks for the points update!

Oh goody. That makes him Bill Elliott with half the talent and twice the name.

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
And away we go from Pocono....though it looks iff as to getting it all in (as it seemingly always does from there)

Al Bundy
06-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I see the bright pink car is running today.

kstater
06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
The 5 hour energy title sponsor will be in jeopardy of being 6 hours if they have a caution every 10 laps.

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I hope Harvick does not get caught up jacking with Kylene today. They are both playing games~

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 11:43 AM
that looked like a cluster getting off of pit road.....glad I don't have to figure the positioning out

kstater
06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
The biannual Denny parade is off to a good start.

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 11:48 AM
The biannual Denny parade is off to a good start.

The prick is good on this track~

kstater
06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Nascar says boys have at it unless you make Kyle cry.

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM

LOL, rep

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM

There was some give and take going on but most of it was Harvick. Kaylene is a trip as he just denies everything. When he wrecked Harvick it was a flat tire and the truck deal was he did not know the fenders stuck out that far LMAO He is a gutless wonder~

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 12:00 PM
and here's Bowyer showing everyone how to move backward....

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Well fuck me running! Alright fuck it Kevin just go out and put Kylene in the wall~

Dylan
06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Go 88!!

Go 18!!

Did we get pinged yet? http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"

Al Bundy
06-12-2011, 12:40 PM
TNT's coverage is awful, commercial breaks every 10 minutes.

Dylan
06-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Ya'll gonna jinx yourself, talkin' about my #18

that'll leave a mark! ... LMAO

Dylan
06-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Go Wan!!!

put those cars a lap down!

Gawd, I love that bug commercial!

LiveSteam
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
PING!

Dylan
06-12-2011, 01:03 PM
uh-oh! Todd Bodine Fired!!

@WendyVenturini Wendy Venturini
"rt@truckpits: I heard Todd Bodine got FIRED tonight after 31st place finish.GM Mike Hillman had no comment when I called post race." wow

LMAO

My asscar buddies...

Damn Dave, can you be any GAYER?? you're saying that stuff to a guy.

X-Rated.... LOL
This was a good Todd bashing until Dave gayed it up!

ROFL

"I lift things up & put them down"

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Go Wan!!!

put those cars a lap down!

Gawd, I love that bug commercial!

This might be his chance as this is sort of like a road course~

Dylan
06-12-2011, 01:08 PM
PING!

{{{{{{{{{{ PING!!! }}}}}}}} http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/images/smilies/rockon.gif

Dylan
06-12-2011, 01:09 PM
This might be his chance as this is sort of like a road course~

yeah, I think you're right -- this track is almost square -- right?

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
yeah, I think you're right -- this track is almost square -- right?

Every corner is different and teams struggle to find a set up that works everywhere. It is as close to a road course as you can get and still turn left all day~

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Dylan
06-12-2011, 01:21 PM
thanks, RedNeckRaider

NASCAR doesn't have a problem filling the grandstands in Pocono Raceway -- The place is packed.

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 01:28 PM
thanks, RedNeckRaider

NASCAR doesn't have a problem filling the grandstands in Pocono Raceway -- The place is packed.

No prob...I will still be rooting against your drvers less Jr ;)

Dylan
06-12-2011, 01:57 PM
How did Carl Edwards end up in the announcers booth? lol

some drivers are blowing gears left and right

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 01:59 PM
How did Carl Edwards end up in the announcers booth? lol

Broken transmission if I'm not mistaken, could be though. I've been flipping back and forth. This race being B-O-R-I-N-G + Clint running like shit + the commercials every 4.2 minutes has me not paying much attention.

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Broken transmission if I'm not mistaken, could be though. I've been flipping back and forth. This race being B-O-R-I-N-G + Clint running like shit + the commercials every 4.2 minutes has me not paying much attention.

how did that happen, truebigdog?

i know zilch about what is under the hood of their cars

was carl overdriving the car?

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I assume all of the shifting they're doing today (if it IS his tranny, and again I could be mistaken, thought I heard that though). I did catch it when he was backing up pit road to go to the garage and I thought they said somethign about losing a cylinder and then something about the transmission as well.

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I assume all of the shifting they're doing today (if it IS his tranny, and again I could be mistaken, thought I heard that though). I did catch it when he was backing up pit road to go to the garage and I thought they said somethign about losing a cylinder and then something about the transmission as well.

thanks.

looks like 11 has a flat tire

guess they don't have to worry about saving fuel -- they all have to pit one more time

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
it's getting racy!

uh-oh!!

Al Bundy
06-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Kenseth sporting the ultimate douchebag shirt sponsor.

Buck
06-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Landon Castle sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 02:28 PM

TNT sucks~

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Kyle Petty seems to be a great guy and works with charities. He also sucks as bad at announcing as he did at driving~

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
this race is so boring that i'm posting in the weinergate threat... LOL

Weiner: "I'm Not Resigning."

I wonder what his penis looks like. just kidding... LMAO

Buck
06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
These commercials are killing me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
It's the Commercial Show featuring CA$HCAR

Buck
06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
We need a caution
Posted via Mobile Device

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Kurt's faster than Jeff who's leading with 5 to go

Dylan
06-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Jeffy Pop Wins at Pocono Speedway!!

Congratulations Gordon fans!!

Your boy done good! http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

TNT goes to commercial as NASCRAP fans miss the burnout!

"I left things up and put them down"

Al Bundy
06-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Great win for Gordon.

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
OP updated, including standings

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 03:00 PM
The top seven in the standings have really distanced themselves from eight on back

GloryDayz
06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
YES!!!! Go Jeff go!!!

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Kyle Busch fails Pocono post race inspection

Kyle Busch's third place finishing car in Sunday's 5-Hour Energy 500 at Pocono raceway failed post race inspection. Busch's Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota was found to be too low after NASCAR officials inspected it three times following Sunday's race.

Busch's left front was too low and NASCAR will take the car back to its R&D Center in Concord, N.C. While he will be allowed to keep his third place finish a fine and points penalty will more than likely be assessed.

"it's the last thing I expected - I have as many questions as you," said crew chief Dave Rogers.

from CBSSportsline (link below)
http://eye-on-nascar.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/19681720/29991657

kstater
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Should be interesting how the points penalty works out. Years past it was 150 points or roughly 85 percent of the winners possible points. So, assuming they don't puss out, that should be 35 points or so.

Old Dog
06-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Good call K-stater. I hadn't thought about it, but you're right, 150 is what they got Bowyer last year for the exact same infraction, essentially eliminating him from Chase contention.

Dylan
06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
NASCAR is crooked, now pass me a hot dog / Richard Petty

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Should be interesting how the points penalty works out. Years past it was 150 points or roughly 85 percent of the winners possible points. So, assuming they don't puss out, that should be 35 points or so.

They will let him off for no other reason than to piss me off~

Old Dog
06-13-2011, 02:11 PM
SIX points? That's a fucking joke.
Article below

Sprint Cup SeriesNationwide SeriesCamping World Series NASCAR penalizes No. 18 team for Pocono issues

Rogers fined $25,000; Gibbs, Busch each lose six championship points

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized the No. 18 team in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

The No. 18 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (body height requirements -- car failed to meet the minimum front car heights) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book.

As a result, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively.

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Monday afternoon: "We brought the No. 18 car back to our race shop and have identified the problem which caused us to measure low during the post-race inspection process in Pocono [Sunday] afternoon. We have made NASCAR aware of our findings and we accept the penalty they have issued today."

http://www.nascar.com/news/110613/kybusch-drogers-penalties-pocono/index.html

RedNeckRaider
06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
SIX points? That's a ****ing joke.
Article below

Sprint Cup SeriesNationwide SeriesCamping World Series NASCAR penalizes No. 18 team for Pocono issues

Rogers fined $25,000; Gibbs, Busch each lose six championship points

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized the No. 18 team in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

The No. 18 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (body height requirements -- car failed to meet the minimum front car heights) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book.

As a result, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively.

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Monday afternoon: "We brought the No. 18 car back to our race shop and have identified the problem which caused us to measure low during the post-race inspection process in Pocono [Sunday] afternoon. We have made NASCAR aware of our findings and we accept the penalty they have issued today."

http://www.nascar.com/news/110613/kybusch-drogers-penalties-pocono/index.html

I thought it would be tuesday before it would be known. Wow Bowyer gets the death penalty and Kylene gets 6 points...fucking wow~

RedNeckRaider
06-13-2011, 02:20 PM
What a crock of shit. Clint gets removed from any chance of a title. This is unreal~

RedNeckRaider
06-13-2011, 02:22 PM
The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.....fuck Kyle Busch~

Old Dog
06-13-2011, 02:26 PM
The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.....fuck Kyle Busch~

yep

Old Dog
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
OP edited to show the reduction of SIX WHOLE POINTS from the little bitch

chefsos
06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
...and we accept the penalty they have issued today."No fuckin' shit. I'd accept it in a heartbeat, too.

"Hey NASCAR, if you want, I'll ship those points right on down today in a nice box with a bow on it. Maybe a floral arrangement, too? I can throw in a few more as well if it suits you, you know, before you change your minds or something."

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:20 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/04/22/0422-hugh-hefner-wenn-credit.jpg

ROFL Oh God!! ROFL ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ROFL

who dat said:
This phots reminds me of "Weekend at Bernie's". They moved a corpse around during the movie. These girls are trying to prove Hef is still alive, by taking his corpse out in public.

E54 said:
Poor Hef! He looks like he's in the process of crapping his diaper.

LMAO

Buck
06-14-2011, 06:23 PM
What happened with Clint Bowyer?

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Buck,

Hef's photo is killing me... ROFL

Paging truebigdog!!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nascar/dam/assets/110614103557-glen-wood-t1-t2-t3-homepage-t2.jpg

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:29 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/04/22/0422-hugh-hefner-wenn-credit.jpg

ROFL Oh God!! ROFL ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ROFL

bumpity bump!

Oh God, help me! ROFL

LiveSteam
06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I bet old Hef aint around this time next year

Old Dog
06-14-2011, 06:31 PM
What happened with Clint Bowyer?
Last year he was hit for 150 points for the same infraction

Paging truebigdog!!

Wazzup Dear?

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
UPDATE: Half Dead Hef tweeted --

hughhefnerHugh Hefner

The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart.

6 hours ago

LMAO

http://twitter.com/#!/hughhefner

Source: TMZ

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Last year he was hit for 150 points for the same infraction

Wazzup Dear?

Hey, truebigdog!!

Old Dog
06-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I bet old Hef aint around this time next year

I wouldn't have known that was him if ya'll hadn't said so.

Who kicks first him or A L Davis?? (letter seperated because I don't care for that little icon)

Dylan
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Riding around in a scooter... Holding on for dear life! LMAO

I bet that Jerruh is hoping Al Davis lasts forever!

kstater
06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
All the Gibbs cars had illegal oil pans this morning in practice. Years past, penalties have increased significantly with second offenses. Will they puss out again with Busch?

Dylan
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
All the Gibbs cars had illegal oil pans this morning in practice. Years past, penalties have increased significantly with second offenses. Will they puss out again with Busch?

"NASCAR is crooked. If you can't see that, you're blind. .... God, these chicken wings are great, pass me another plate" -- A.J. Foyt

Dylan
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Nationwide Series race on now!
Sat, June 18, 2011 @ 12:40 PM Eastern
ABC TV

Starting Lineup

Car Driver Team Time Speed
1 33 Paul Menard(i) Rheem/Menards Chevy 39.554 182.030
2 12 Sam Hornish Jr. Alliance Dodge 39.867 180.600
3 60 Carl Edwards(i) Fastenal Ford 39.985 180.068
4 88 Aric Almirola Suave Men Chevy 40.097 179.565
5 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Tender Ridge Ford 40.156 179.301
6 2 Elliott Sadler OneMain Financial Chevy 40.210 179.060
7 16 Trevor Bayne RickysvsTrevor.com Ford 40.221 179.011
8 22 Brad Keselowski(i) Discount Tire Dodge 40.308 178.625
9 20 Joey Logano(i) GameStop/Cars 2 Toyota 40.317 178.585
10 70 David Stremme(i) Foretravel Chevy 40.420 178.130
11 32 Mark Martin(i) Dollar General Chevy 40.424 178.112
12 18 Kyle Busch(i) Pizza Ranch Toyota 40.435 178.064 http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif
13 31 Justin Allgaier Deft Chevy 40.501 177.773
14 66 Steve Wallace 5-hour Energy Toyota 40.512 177.725
15 30 Reed Sorenson Rexall Chevy 40.531 177.642
16 11 Brian Scott Shore Lodge Toyota 40.542 177.594
17 19 Mike Bliss TriStar Motorsports Chevy 40.551 177.554
18 81 Blake Koch # Daystar.com Dodge 40.617 177.266
19 09 Kenny Wallace Toyota Toyota 40.640 177.165
20 68 Matt Carter Marro's Truck Chevy 40.692 176.939
21 62 Michael Annett Pilot/Flying J Toyota 40.722 176.809
22 38 Jason Leffler Great Clips Chevy 40.727 176.787
23 87 Joe Nemechek NEMCO Motorsports Toyota 40.766 176.618
24 49 Dennis Setzer Jay Robinson Inc. Chevy 40.815 176.406
25 7 Josh Wise Air Hogs Chevy 40.864 176.194
26 39 Danny Efland Go Green Racing Ford 40.897 176.052
27 01 Mike Wallace Cowboys & Aliens Chevy 40.907 176.009
28 64 David Reutimann(i) Aspen Dental Toyota 40.940 175.867
29 51 Jeremy Clements Diamond Pistons Chevy 40.973 175.725
30 74 JJ Yeley Riverwalk Cafe Chevy 41.110 175.140
31 40 Charles Lewandoski # Precision Werx Chevy 41.151 174.965
32 44 Jeff Green TriStar Motorsports Chevy 41.183 174.829
33 14 Eric McClure Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds Chevy 41.206 174.732
34 42 Tim Andrews Key Motorsports Chevy 41.409 173.875
35 28 Derrike Cope Jay Robinson Inc. Chevy 41.437 173.758
36 13 Jennifer Jo Cobb # DriverBoutique Ford 41.447 173.716
37 41 Carl Long Lilly Trucking of VA Chevy 41.459 173.666
38 89 Morgan Shepherd Victory in Jesus Racing Chevy 41.503 173.481
39 15 Timmy Hill # EPH Tools Ford 41.618 173.002
40 75 Andy Ponstein Lilly Trucking of VA Ford 41.680 172.745
41 23 Robert Richardson, Jr. North TX Pipe Dodge Owner Points
42 52 Tony Raines(i) MDS Trucking/Metro Ministries Chevy Owner Points
43 03 Scott Riggs North TX Pipe Chevy 41.693 172.691

Dylan
06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Showtime 95 of 125 laps

1 Carl Edwards
2 Ricky Stenhouse Jr*
3 Kyle Busch

*Stenhouse has proven to be very competitive...

Double line restart

LiveSteam
06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
PING!

Baconeater
06-18-2011, 06:37 PM
PING!
Texas and Florida are playing...I'd root for a meteor to hit the stadium, but that sonofabitch isn't paid for yet.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Drove out to Welcome NC and checked out the RCR racing museum. Very cool to see the great cars with the ticker tape still stuck to them. Bought some gear and had a very cool time. We left there and checked out Childress vineyards. Whole different crowd :hmmm: We took the tour and the tour guide asked if anyone had heard of Richard Childress. No one seemed to know who he was as she went on to a short story about his racing days and how he is an owner.

She was standing two feet in front of me and I was wearing a Kevin Harvick Bud 29 hat. She did not have a clue it was one of the drivers from Richard Childress Racing. She most likely thought I liked Budweiser and the 29 was a new version Bud is selling LMAO It is a very fancy place! They were offering a buffet for fathers day at the "special price of $17.95 a plate:eek: We bought three bottles of wine after the wine tasting (I have been to a few of them now and have concluded no matter what winery I have been at wine sucks) I plan on returning in August to tour the RCR and KHI racing facilities~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 11:27 AM
The #48 got the air taken off of his spoiler and couldn't save it to bring out the first caution. I was hoping it would tear off a fender or two, but no such luck.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 11:32 AM
The #48 got the air taken off of his spoiler and couldn't save it to bring out the first caution. I was hoping it would tear off a fender or two, but no such luck.

Well if we are wishing it would have been cool if he would have lost a fender and the loose sheet metal would have flow through the 18's window and cut his fucking head off. I mean if we are wishing o:-)

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:33 AM

There you go, jinxing your driver LMAO

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 11:38 AM
If we are wishing things.. I wish Biffle would cut a tire and take out Kenseth and Carl Edwards.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:39 AM
LMAO

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 11:41 AM
There you go, jinxing your driver LMAO

Hell, my driver hasn't ran worth a damn for a while now. Maybe me jinxing him will help.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:42 AM
JINX JINX JINX

LMAO

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Hell, my driver hasn't ran worth a damn for a while now. Maybe me jinxing him will help.

I always wait until the race is over... http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 11:49 AM

I bought one of these bad boys at RCR yesterday~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I like.
He could use some speed today, that's for sure. He's in 25th right now and moving backward.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:53 AM
TNT RACE BUDDY FREE!!!!!

Thank you, TNT!!

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/webcast/tnt_racebuddy/

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I like.
He could use some speed today, that's for sure. He's in 25th right now and moving backward.

It is one of the coolest t shirts I have seen. I got one for the other half and myself. We are from Kansas and I pull for him because of that and he is a RCR boy~

Dylan
06-19-2011, 11:56 AM
answer to question: probably a Penske car.

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 11:58 AM
answer to question: probably a Penske car.

I'll give you a hint: He was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame this year

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I'll give you a hint: He was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame this year

What is the question?

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
was it a penske driver? i dnon't know...

redneckraider: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7705277&postcount=152 LMAO

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Who won the first NASCAR race at Michigan.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:01 PM
What is the question?

who won the first race at michigan speedway in june 1969

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 12:02 PM
was it a penske driver?

Wood Brothers, LOL

of course I'm not 100% certain that I'm correct

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Who won the first NASCAR race at Michigan.

I would have to cheat~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I THINK it was Cale Yarborough

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Almost time for a nap here.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I THINK it was Cale Yarborough

You are right I looked it up~

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
love TNT - raceview & scanner is free for the next few weeks!

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Wood Brothers, LOL

of course I'm not 100% certain that I'm correct

LMAO

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 12:06 PM
You are right I looked it up~

Blind squirrel finds nut. I know WAY too much useless stuff that will never serve a useful purpose.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Blind squirrel finds nut. I know WAY too much useless stuff that will never serve a useful purpose.

that's pretty good.

i pulled my answer out of the air! lol

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:18 PM
love TNT - raceview & scanner is free for the next few weeks!

I might check it out. I think TNT and ESPN both suck at covering the races~

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm happy to see Trevor Bayne back in the #21 after a frightening health scare.

Stenhouse, Jr did a great job filling in Bayne. He came in 11th at Charlotte.... (mostly sure)

The #6 better watch out -- Stenhouse, Jr might steal his ride next season.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I might check it out. I think TNT and ESPN both suck at covering the races~

I love the scanner... I'm listening to Junior & Kyle talking with their CC's and spotters. Very colorful at times...

"All clear, all clear"

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
The #33 had an extended stay on pit road for some reason. I'm hoping they fixed it (or him, whatever the problem was) at least to some point.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I love the scanner... I'm listening to Junior & Kyle talking with their CC's and spotters. Very colorful at times...

"All clear, all clear"

I have pit pass and can listen in on the cars and it is cool~

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
The #33 had an extended stay on pit road for some reason. I'm hoping they fixed it (or him, whatever the problem was) at least to some point.

See, how long have I been preaching to anybody who'll listen, don't jinx your driver before the race-

now where is kyle on the track and where is your driver? LOL

Kyle's leading... LMAO

not that i always follow my own advice...http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

Dylan
06-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I have pit pass and can listen in on the cars and it is cool~

Oh right, I forgot! Lucky... I'll subscribe to NASCRAP in-scanner after TNT ends their coverage in July

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 12:57 PM
See, how long have I been preaching to anybody who'll listen, don't jinx your driver before the race-

Kyle's leading... LMAO

not that i always follow my own advice...http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

:evil: it is coming...today or next week or...it is coming~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Kyle's leading... LMAO

Uh, Clint started 27th and hasn't ran worth a damn for a month. I don't think the fact that I would like to see the #18 (because he's a little bitch) and the #88 finish 42nd and 43rd every single week has a thing to do with it.

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
and you have more "favorite" drivers than I have T-shirts for Pete's sake. It's damn near impossible for you to not have one in the top 10.

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
And there goes one of them running out of talent AGAIN (and fuel too)

kstater
06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
No biggie for Dylan with Montoya here. Just draw another name out of the hat.

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Looks like someone must have scuffed the #88....he's back in (on Racebuddy).....doesn't look like anything big though, will still be on the lead lap

kstater
06-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Looks like someone must have scuffed the #88....he's back in (on Racebuddy)

Back end of the lead lap, still gets to stay ahead of the wave arounds. Probably packed it full of fuel just in case of green white checker.

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Back end of the lead lap, still gets to stay ahead of the wave arounds. Probably packed it full of fuel just in case of green white checker.

OK, didn't hear, just saw the right rear quarter looked scuffed (from the wall or something). I probably shouldn't have assumed.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Harvick got close to the front and got tangled up, this late on this track a top 15 most likely :#

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Junior had no other option there unless he wanted to take the #5 out.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Right every word on George Calin's dirty word list is going through my mind~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
#88 cut a tire to bring out the caution a lot of the guys at the front needed to see

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
did kstater jinx junior?

just asking

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
#88 cut a tire to bring out the caution a lot of the guys at the front needed to see

I need to run to the store but I am going to wait...I am afraid I might pass Harvick on the way :shake:

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
did kstater jinx junior?

just asking

No.. Mark Martin put him into the wall some laps before. Ohhh and fuck TNT's coverage, 5 seconds of coverage 12 minutes of commercials.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
denny' got the fastest car --

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:51 PM
No.. Mark Martin put him into the wall some laps before. Ohhh and fuck TNT's coverage, 5 seconds of coverage 12 minutes of commercials.

no, no, no. kstater was talkin' shit about kyle and therefore, jinxed junior

kstater roots for the 88

he fucked up junior

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Denny' got this race

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Damn.. that was a boring race.

Baconeater
Well if that whole race was as boring as the last 5 laps I sure am glad I missed it.

Old Dog
8th is a heck of a lot better than Clint deserved today.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:56 PM
LMAO @ Kenseth going sideways while trying to get around Hamlin

Al Bundy
Well if that whole race was as boring as the last 5 laps I sure am glad I missed it.

It was.

RedNeckRaider

kstater roots for the 88

he ****ed up junior

I am sure of one thing nothing typed on here has anything to do with how the race comes out~

Dylan
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Damn.. that was a boring race.

blame that on the drunk France when he became car manufacturer of the new cookie cutter cars

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 01:59 PM

kstater roots for the 88

he fucked up junior

I may be wrong, but didn'[t see anyone talking shit about any of your boys today

*except for RNR and I calling a spade a spade...well I guess technically a bitch a bitch, but I don't see that changing anytime soon

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Ok truebigdog how many positions did my boy lose this week :cuss:

dannybcaitlyn
06-19-2011, 02:00 PM
LMAO @ Kenseth going sideways while trying to get around Hamlin

He was literally driving the wheels off of it. Good effort on his part. Also agree on tnt coverag being horribble with all the comercials at the end.

Baconeater
06-19-2011, 02:00 PM
It was.
I figured as much, it's basically the same track as California. All the summer races outside of Daytona pretty much suck ass.

Dylan
06-19-2011, 02:03 PM
I am sure of one thing nothing typed on here has anything to do with how the race comes out~

tell that to die-hard nascrap fans. they'll chew us up and eat us alive, the second you talk about their driver before a race. LMAO

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:04 PM
tell that to nascrap fans. they'll chew us all up and eat us alive, the second you talk about their driver before a race. LMAO

Anyone who thinks that bullshit is a moron~

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:05 PM
LMAOHarvick has a shit day and moves to 2nd place

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Good for Jr!!! bout time that boy got pissed! Maybe he will get a little more aggressive and win some races~

Mosbonian
06-19-2011, 02:08 PM
The last 5 laps is what frustrates me most about Carl these days....once Menard got inside his head, they just settled for 5th and keeping the points lead. In the days before Carl went "corporate" he would have kept fighting to the end for position.

Glad that he is still leading the Points Standing, but it just seems like Carl has lost his killer instinct.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:10 PM
The last 5 laps is what frustrates me most about Carl these days....once Menard got inside his head, they just settled for 5th and keeping the points lead. In the days before Carl went "corporate" he would have kept fighting to the end for position.

Glad that he is still leading the Points Standing, but it just seems like Carl has lost his killer instinct.

:spock: So you wanted him to over drive his car and cause a wreck?

Old Dog
Ok truebigdog how many positions did my boy lose this week :cuss:

He actually gained one to second....Standings updated in OP

Dylan
Anyone who thinks that bullshit is a moron~

well, you tell them that... they're 100x crazier than regular football fans

anyway, I'm superstitious. you'll never hear me talk shit about NFL teams the Giants are scheduled to play during the season.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
He actually gained one to second

I was laughing about that a couple of posts down when I heard. Ruined my whole temper tantrum~

kstater
06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Good for Jr!!! bout time that boy got pissed! Maybe he will get a little more aggressive and win some races~

Turned over to golf, what'd he do?

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 02:14 PM

In the interview post race said that Martin (paraphrasing) just put him into the wall and he's tired of carelessness on the racetrack and that (quoting now) "really pissed me off, what happened out there"

Al Bundy
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM
In the interview post race (paraphrasing) said that Martin just put him into teh wall and he's tired of carelessness on the racetrack and that (quoting now) "really pissed me off, what happened out there"

I am the #5 fan and Martin moved up and forced him up in the wall.

Mosbonian
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
:spock: So you wanted him to over drive his car and cause a wreck?

Surely you aren't that illogical.....if you think he was over-driving that car maybe I should question your NASCAR-sense.

Carl made one run at Menard and then settled back into his position. Sure didn't seem to be too much trouble to try it for the 2 cars running at the front of the pack.

And if you don't think the points should mean something then you forget how close some of the Race to The Chase have become.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
well, you tell them that...

anyway, I'm superstitious. you'll never hear me talk shit about NFL teams the Giants are scheduled to play during the season.

I have talked to people here and in real life that believe that silly shit. I tell them the same thing. Do you really think you have the power to effect the outcome of something you are not involved in LMAO Please tell me you are smarter than that~

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I am the #5 fan and Martin moved up and forced him up in the wall.

I agree. That's why I said that in post #2699. Were you meaning to quote Dylan?

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Surely you aren't that illogical.....if you think he was over-driving that car maybe I should question your NASCAR-sense.

Carl made one run at Menard and then settled back into his position. Sure didn't seem to be too much trouble to try it for the 2 cars running at the front of the pack.

And if you don't think the points should mean something then you forget how close some of the Race to The Chase have become.

Look what happened to the 17 when he tried to make more than he had. He was damn lucky to save it. Carl is driving solid and smart and I dislike the prick~

Mosbonian
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Look what happened to the 17 when he tried to make more than he had. He was damn lucky to save it. Carl is driving solid and smart and I dislike the prick~

Did solid and smart get him the title last year? Carl has become the same thing that Jeff Gordon became and made him lose his edge.

Too Corporate....

Baconeater
06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Well that pretty much answers any questions about how exciting this race was.

Baconeater
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Did solid and smart get him the title last year? Carl has become the same thing that Jeff Gordon became and made him lose his edge.

Too Corporate....
The entire sport has become too corporate...and too sanitized. I find myself becoming less and less interested in it each year.

kstater
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Well that pretty much answers any questions about how exciting this race was.

To be fair, I have baseball and Indycar occupying the 2nd TV.

Baconeater
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
To be fair, I have baseball and Indycar occupying the 2nd TV.
That's like a boredom quadfecta.

Mosbonian
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
The entire sport has become too corporate...and too sanitized. I find myself becoming less and less interested in it each year.

Maybe my problem is I watched NASCAR when it was less corporate. I remember going to the Races in Hickory NC and watching guys like Petty, Waltrip, Gant, Earnhardt Sr. and Morgan Shepherd race like they hated each other, then fight it out in the infield afterwards.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Maybe my problem is I watched NASCAR when it was less corporate. I remember going to the Races in Hickory NC and watching guys like Petty, Waltrip, Gant, Earnhardt Sr. and Morgan Shepherd race like they hated each other, then fight it out in the infield afterwards.

On this we can agree. But Carl is doing nothing wrong and is leading the points with a win for fucks sake~

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Too Corporate....

I cannot think of a driver that is more the "corporate" type you are talking about than Jimmy Johnson. He has won 5 in a row~

Demonpenz
06-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I used to work around IBM and Cerner. Johnson was considered a real bad boy around there.

RedNeckRaider
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I used to work around IBM and Cerner. Johnson was considered a real bad boy around there.

LMAO yeah milk and cookies Johnson is quite the outlaw~

Dylan
06-25-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out why Dsynfn is on my ignore list -- can anybody shed some light on it? LMAO

he must've cursed out my giants - lol

bugeater,

can you look in your secret files and check your notes?

TIA http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif

LiveSteam
06-25-2011, 11:36 AM
PING!

Dylan
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree. That's why I said that in post #2699. Were you meaning to quote Dylan?

truebigdog, are you sure I wasn't pressing buttons?

i like to do that sometimes with nastycar fans... o:-)

Dylan
06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
PING!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ PING }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

the giants hired Larry Izzo to help coach special teams !!!

Amazing player his entire career!

Edit: Great hire!!

Coughlin to Dodge: "Kick the ball out of bounds!" Season over! LMAO

Giants to hire Larry Izzo

By Dan Graziano

Looking for ways to improve their dismal punt return game, the New York Giants plan to hire former Dolphins, Jets and Patriots special teams whiz Larry Izzo, according to The Star-Ledger's Giants beat whiz Mike Garafolo. Izzo is a 14-year veteran who went to three Pro Bowls as a special teamer. Mike says Izzo will work as an assistant to special teams coach Tom Quinn, attempting to help "improve the team's return game (last in punt returns, next-to-last in kick returns last season) and help a punt-coverage unit that allowed the second-highest average in the NFL (14.9 yards per return) and a pair of touchdowns in 2010."

Izzo was one of those cult-hero players around whom legends would spring up, mainly because he never looked the part of the big, bad NFL star but managed to make so many who did look bad. I was covering the Dolphins in 1996, which was Jimmy Johnson's first year as coach and Izzo's first year in the league. During a preseason meeting, Johnson was going through film with the team and talking about what had to be done in order to make the team. "Make plays," Johnson said, then showed a clip of Dan Marino making one of his brilliant touchdown throws. "Dan Marino makes plays," Johnson said. "Dan Marino is on the team."

The next clip was of Izzo making an insane special teams tackle in a preseason game. Remember, this was an undrafted free agent of Rice who'd been an afterthought among anyone (inside or outside that room) who was paying attention to the potential roster. "Larry Izzo makes plays," Johnson said. "Larry Izzo is on the team." The meeting ended shortly thereafter.

That story is true. It's also the way Izzo found out he made his first NFL roster. As Izzo's career blossomed over the next decade, I never forgot the day the 1996 Dolphins were told the only two players who'd made the team so far were Dan Marino and Larry Izzo. The guy built an NFL career on fierce determination. Having him around can't be a bad thing for a special teams unit that needs more intensity.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/27873/giants-to-hire-larry-izzo

LiveSteam
06-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Nice hire.

Baconeater
06-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to figure out why Dsynfn is on my ignore list -- can anybody shed some light on it? LMAO

he must've cursed out my giants - lol

bugeater,

can you look in your secret files and check your notes?

TIA http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif
He used to be mmaddog, if that helps. Not sure why you would've had to put him on ignore, he's a good dude.