PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ******Official 2011 NASCAR thread******

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

Buck
10-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Jimmie Johnson gave a big fuck you to Vickers.

Dylan
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Here's your winner at Martinsville Speedway!

http://media.thatsracin.com/smedia/2011/10/30/18/19/1a5WtW.St.158.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
There she is

Baconeater
10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
w00t!

Dylan
10-30-2011, 06:45 PM
There she is

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-16881.gif

kstater
11-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Cryle just wrecked under caution Hornaday ruining Rons chances at a championship because Hornaday got too close to him going around a lapped truck.

kstater
11-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Cryle parked for the night. TBD if Nascar has the balls to park him for the weekend.

kstater
11-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Nascar officials guarding the hauler to keep Hornaday out.

http://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/441598379.jpg

kstater
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Kyle says he did it because Ron raced him too hard.

kstater
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dDBd0CLjOwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kstater
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Here’s what Hornaday and Busch said afterward:
RON HORNADAY
“You guys seen it all. We’re going to for a points deal. I thought I had a pass on the front straightaway. He got a good run to get up on the quarter panel. I got a little loose and I got into him. It was a racing deal. That crap he pulled down there, they parked (Kevin) Harvick for the same retaliation at Martinsville. If they don’t park (Busch) on Sunday, I’ll be really upset. That’s just ignorant and stupid. I don’t know what you want to call it. He’s such a candy-ass, he won’t stay around to get a whooping like he’s supposed to get. It’s a shame. It’s not like I did anything wrong. I ran him down from a straightaway. He knew I was faster. A (lapped truck) was there. I moved up down the straightaway. He had his fit. Left front tire to my right quarter panel, you know you’re going to get loose and that’ what he meant to do.’’
Is there anything to say to him or do you need to just punch him?
HORNADAY: “I’m going to change, and I’m going to find his motorhome.’’

KYLE BUSCH
Did you lose your mind for a few seconds there? Did you consider Ron was in the title race?
KYLE: “If you consider that Ron was in the championship, maybe Ron could have played it a little bit smarter on lap 15 and checked up a little and given room to everybody around. Obviously, it you make it a three-wide situation, I can’t go up in the dirt. I’m already8 on the outside lane, there’s not three lanes out here right now. It’s the first race … of the weekend. If I just lay over and give up everything for Ron Hornaday, that’s not Kyle Busch’s fashion. I’m out here to win a race just as much as anybody else is. When he races up on my inside and gets loose and takes me up to the fence, I ended up losing my cool. I’ve been wrecked four weeks in a row and finally I just had enough of it. Sorry it was Ron Hornaday and he’s going after a championship but the fact of the matter is, you can’t place all blame on one person. There were two people that got into it to begin with and there were two people that ended it.’’
On the incident:
KYLE: It’s two guys racing for tight real estate and there’s only two lanes of race track out there right now. I’m racing for a win just as much as Ron Hornaday. It’s lap 15. He wants to make it three wide with a lapped car and knowing you always get loose when you’re on the inside. He got loose and got into me and knocked me up into the wall and I lost my cool, yeah, no doubt about it. I retaliated. It’s certainly my fault for doing that. For everybody who wants to say that Hornaday is racing for a championship, just roll over. That’s not my fashion. That’s not anybody else’s fashion out here. All these race car drivers are racers (and) go out to win a race. That’s what I was here to do and I got taken out of it on lap 15.
Are you concerned NASCAR might park you for the weekend?
KYLE: “No.’’
Did you do anything wrong?
KYLE: “My truck was hurt. I brushed the wall. My truck was hurt where I don’t think we could have won after that. If you’re a guy racing for a championship you need to be smart enough to understand that you can’t go three wide on lap 15 and knowing how bad the trucks are when you’re on the inside of somebody and not expect to get loose. Yeah, it was my fault after the fact, but who is going to fix my truck after it wrecked in turn 2 the first time?’’

KEVIN HARVICK
Harvick is the owner of Ron Hornaday's truck. He's driving in Friday night's race and during the caution for the Busch/Hornaday incident got on the radio and said:
"Kyle Busch is going to get his ass whipped shortly, I hope,'' Harvick said on his team's radio. "He better sit his ass in his motorhome or I'm going to come find him and he's going to have to hold my watch because I'm going to whip his ass. He's the biggest whining little piece of (expletive deleted) I've ever seen in my whole life.''
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/11/hornaday-says-kyle-busch-should-get-whooping-wrecking-him

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't think Kevin Harvick is all too thrilled with Busch at this point. Can't wait to see him post race.

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
When the announcers say you should be parked for a weekend. Even Michael Waltrip is like WTF? You should be parked for the weekend.

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.wbtv.com/story/15955640/search-warrant-revealed-in-former-nascar-drivers-alleged-theft-ring

Posted: Nov 03, 2011 5:31 PM CDT Updated: Nov 04, 2011 2:40 PM CDT
By Dedrick Russell, Reporter - bio | email
Video Gallery
WBTV uncovers tax problems facing Jeremy Mayfield
2:26

Items stolen from race team among meth and guns in Jeremy Mayfield's home, police say
Search warrant revealed in Jeremy Mayfield's alleged theft ring

CATAWBA COUNTY (WBTV) - There's more news involving former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield. He was arrested on drug charges this week and now a detailed search warrant concerning the incident has surfaced.
SLIDESHOW - UPDATED

Click here to view a photo gallery of items deputies found at Mayfield's home
New: photos of his estate

It tells how police worked, for about a month, with a tipster who told them Mayfield and about four others would break in to different businesses and steal. The warrant reads this type of criminal activity has been going on for about a year.

WEB EXTRA: Click here to read the search warrants for Jeremy Mayfield's home (pdf document)

The tipster also tells police Mayfield would steal the items to get money to support his drug habit. The person told police the former driver used methamphetamine frequently. The source alleges Mayfield consumed the drug more than 500 times in their presence.

The search warrant also mentions Mayfield allegedly stole from Fitz Motorsports in Mooresville, NC. Police say two surface plates used to build race cars were stolen from that business. Also cases of oil and other motor equipment taken.

The search warrant also includes an accusation that Mayfield stole from nearby Red Bull Racing as well.

About $100,000 worth of stolen merchandise was found on Mayfield's property. Police are working now to figure out if Mayfield knew the items were stolen and he had something to do with it.

The Sheriff's Office says there are 69 guns that have been logged and are still waiting to see if any are stolen.

In addition to these potential theft charges, Mayfield is also facing tax problems. Catawba county tax officials say Mayfield owes more than $82,000 in back taxes on his four properties. Authorities say he is one step from foreclosure.

No word when or if theft charges will come for Mayfield. Investigators say that will be up to the District Attorney.

Detectives have been going around to metal scrap yards in the area looking for more evidence and talking to people.

Mayfield is due in court on Nov. 14 at 9 a.m.

WBTV tried contacting Mayfield but we were unsuccessful.

kstater
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
@bobpockrass (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobpockrass) Bob Pockrass
Meeting lasted 3 minutes and kyle busch left without comment.

I'm thinking a meeting that short means he's done for the weekend.

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Mark Martin in at MWR, Reuty out.

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
bobpockrass Bob Pockrass
#nascar said they talked to Kyle Busch and will revisit again in morning.

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
bobpockrass Bob Pockrass
Hornaday said Kyle lives close to him and he can take care of things Monday. #nascar

Al Bundy
11-04-2011, 10:01 PM
bobpockrass Bob Pockrass
Will Harvick go to any meeting with #NASCAR and Busch? "I have been threatened with my life to stay way from Kyle Busch."

kstater
11-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Is it possible Nascar finally grew a set?

@keselowski (http://twitter.com/#%21/keselowski) Brad Keselowski
We are all getting ready for early cup practice at Texas motor speedway. Sounds like something big might be going on in the garage...

kstater
11-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Practice in 15 minutes.

Kyle did not go to his hauler, went to driver lot without comment.

kstater
11-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Rumblings they're fitting the seat in both the Nationwide and Cup car for different drivers.

McDowell is getting in the 18 Cup car for practice. <s class="hash">#</s>nascar (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23nascar)

kstater
11-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Helton: Kyle done for the weekend.

More penalties could come next week. <s class="hash">#</s>nascar (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23nascar)

Baconeater
11-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Wow, I always thought Kyle was a little bitch, but that takes the cake. 15 laps into a race and you pull that shit? Just wow.

Baconeater
11-05-2011, 09:47 AM
They should've let Hornaday into his trailer...

Al Bundy
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
bobpockrass Bob Pockrass
Gibbs: "When you own something and you're the owner, you're responsible. ... I take full responsibility for it." #nascar

Baconeater
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Love the spotter's comments...

calm down...calm down...it's all good dude...get off of him...GET OFF OF HIM...DAMNIT DUDE damnit!....

Al Bundy
11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Love the spotter's comments...

calm down...calm down...it's all good dude...get off of him...GET OFF OF HIM...DAMNIT DUDE damnit!....

Yeah, I think everyone was/is against him right now.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Good call by NASCAR. He could have killed Hornaday with that crap.

So much for Samantha calming him down.

Baconeater
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Honestly, I don't see how they don't suspend him for the rest of the season, there's only two cup races left after this weekend anyway. Hornaday had the position on him but his little bitch ass couldn't deal with getting passed.

kstater
11-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Here's a link for Dylan to help her pick a name out of the hat for the weekend.

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=nascar

Buck
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Kyle Busch is a bitch and I have no idea how some of you root for him.

kstater
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Kyle Busch is a bitch and I have no idea how some of you root for him.

There's not really anyone other than Dylan(and one other I believe kchiefs81 the Nubb fan?) that roots for him.

Buck
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I hope they change their minds now. You don't put a man into the wall going that fast intentionally without being the scum of the Earth.

I really wish they would DQ his ass from the Chase next year to make an example out of his ass.

Old Dog
11-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I have got to hear how Dylan try to spin this to defend that little bitch.

kstater
11-05-2011, 01:36 PM

You're just jealous of all the winning(when it's not important) he does.

kstater
11-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Gibbs hinted that conversations have taken place with team sponsors about how to proceed, and sources in the NASCAR garage say serious consideration is being given to parking Busch for the remainder of the 2011 Sprint Cup and Nationwide campaign.

SPchief
11-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Anyone got a vid of what was so bad? haven't seen any of it.

kstater
11-05-2011, 04:54 PM

kstater
11-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Sponsor statement:
The statement:

"The recent actions by Kyle Busch are not consistent with the values of M&M'S and we're very disappointed. Like you, we hold those who represent our brand to a higher standard and we have expressed our concerns directly to Joe Gibbs Racing."
Read more: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2011/11/m-statement-about-kyle-busch.html#ixzz1cwuGOZVn

RedNeckRaider
11-06-2011, 03:25 PM

This has happened before. Harvick came on the radio and said he was going to wreck Blankinship in a truck race and then did several years back. He was parked for it, he did not do it while running for a championship. Harvick grew up Kyle has not. As far as Dylan she is the main reason I rarely post in this thread anymore~

Baconeater
11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
TONY FUCKING WINS!!!!!

kstater
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Don't think it'll happen. But rumblings Cryle gonna be out of a ride. If true, will be interesting to see where he lands.

kstater
11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Rumblings getting stronger.

Al Bundy
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
keselowski Brad Keselowski
Hearing some crazy rumors about kyle Busch. Hope they are not true, IMO he has suffered enough for last weekend.

Al Bundy
11-10-2011, 08:34 AM
SiriusXMNASCAR SiriusXM NASCAR
'Possible' Announcement from @JoeGibbsRacing coming around noon today.. #NASCAR

kstater
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I wonder where Dylan's been lately.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/7215280/report-sponsor-wants-kyle-busch-replaced-denny-hamlin-homestead-nationwide
Report: Sponsor wants Kyle Busch out

kstater
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Aric Almirola told ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7217069/joe-gibbs-racing-contacts-aric-almirola-replacing-kyle-busch-final-sprint-cup-races) on Thursday he has been contacted by Joe Gibbs Racing about possibly replacing Kyle Busch in the final two Sprint Cup races and is awaiting final word from the organization. ESPN's Marty Smith reported on SportsCenter and NASCARNow that Busch, according to sources, will be in the #18 Cup car this weekend at Phoenix and next weekend at Homestead. Multiple sources said the car likely will be sponsored by Interstate Batteries instead of M&Ms, which was scheduled to be on the car. Mars Incorporated, which manufacturers M&Ms, stated its displeasure with Busch over his intentionally wrecking Ron Hornaday in last Friday's Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. But according to sources the sponsor still had reservations about having its name on the Cup car with Busch for the last two races, prompting the call to Almirola. Almirola said JGR president J.D. Gibbs contacted him on Wednesday to see if he would be available. Almirola, who drives a Chevrolet for JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series, said JRM has given him permission to drive for the Toyota team. "Your guess is as good as mine,'' Almirola told ESPN.com before Nationwide practice at PIR as to what will happen. "I know they're working through a lot of things. I just told them I was available if they needed me.''(ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7217069/joe-gibbs-racing-contacts-aric-almirola-replacing-kyle-busch-final-sprint-cup-races))

Baconeater
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Well that pretty much clears up nothing.

kstater
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Well that pretty much clears up nothing.

M&M's pulls sponsorship for the year. Cryle will drive with Interstate on the car.

Demonpenz
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Kyle reminds me alot of #3 with non of the championships

kstater
11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Down goes Kenseth.

RedNeckRaider
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Kyle reminds me alot of #3 with non of the championships

You are a good guy but those two are nothing alike. It is an insult to even compare that c**t to Dale~

kstater
11-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Cryle with another sub 30 finish. Proving again that he steps his game up when the races really count.

RedNeckRaider
11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Cryle with another sub 30 finish. Proving again that he steps his game up when the races really count.

He is a gutless coward and anyone who roots for him has to be a person of low charater~

kstater
11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
He is a gutless coward and anyone who roots for him has to be a person of low charater~

:thumb:

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Wondered why no one has brought this to the top...

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Stewart took damage in the first couple laps and didn't know how it happened. He moved way back, but he'll be close to the front by the time it's all over.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Stewart took damage in the first couple laps and didn't know how it happened. He moved way back, but he'll be close to the front by the time it's all over.

I'm kinda happy here....Edwards and Stewart are my 2 favorite drivers and they are racing for the title. I was hoping it would come down to a last lap win but if Stewart has taken damage it might hinder him making it back.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm kinda happy here....Edwards and Stewart are my 2 favorite drivers and they are racing for the title. I was hoping it would come down to a last lap win but if Stewart has taken damage it might hinder him making it back.

It hasn't slowed him down. He's really fast. It just moved him back from 8th to 40th.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Edwards is my favorite. Not a Stewart fan.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Edwards is my favorite. Not a Stewart fan.

As long as Tony is stuck in the back, all Edwards is going to do is run a safe race. I would venture to say that he won't push the car, will stay out of the heavy stuff and stay away from an Chevrolet driver.

Edwards is by far my favorite driver, but I like Stewart next. I used to like Mark Martin, but his "retire, un-retire" gig got old.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
As long as Tony is stuck in the back, all Edwards is going to do is run a safe race. I would venture to say that he won't push the car, will stay out of the heavy stuff and stay away from an Chevrolet driver.

Edwards is by far my favorite driver, but I like Stewart next. I used to like Mark Martin, but his "retire, un-retire" gig got old.

Tony isn't going to stay stuck in the back. He's up to 17th now. He will be a factor before this thing ends. Edwards is dominating, though.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Tony isn't going to stay stuck in the back. He's up to 17th now. He will be a factor before this thing ends. Edwards is dominating, though.

I'm just watching the race on the Net....don't have a TV around. Although I do have my SmartPhone with the Sprint NASCAR app on it.

But it looks like Tony is wavering back and forth between 17th and 20th. His positioning thus far doesn't show they have figured out how to move him up.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Also....if Carl manages to lead most laps then that makes it even harder for Tony to win. If Carl continues to dominate, then Stewart will have to fight his way to the win.

There's been too much talk this week about how other drivers will be a factor.....like Chevy drivers letting Stewart pass (ala Burton last week). I wonder what NASCAR would think if something like that ended up affecting the outcome?

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Also....if Carl manages to lead most laps then that makes it even harder for Tony to win. If Carl continues to dominate, then Stewart will have to fight his way to the win.

There's been too much talk this week about how other drivers will be a factor.....like Chevy drivers letting Stewart pass (ala Burton last week). I wonder what NASCAR would think if something like that ended up affecting the outcome?

People aren't racing Tony very hard. They are letting him pass when he's faster, and they should at this point.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
It's Carl's championship to lose. As long as he doesn't wreck, blow up or botch a pit stop it's his.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
It's Carl's championship to lose. As long as he doesn't wreck, blow up or botch a pit stop it's his.

I'd be more concerned about someone "helping" him wreck. Like I said...there has been too much talk about teams taking sides this week. Everyone has talked about Racing Teams, and Car Manufacturers, and even Engine manufacturers picking sides and "helping" their guy.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Tony's up to 7th. This thing is far from over.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd be more concerned about someone "helping" him wreck. Like I said...there has been too much talk about teams taking sides this week. Everyone has talked about Racing Teams, and Car Manufacturers, and even Engine manufacturers picking sides and "helping" their guy.

That won't happen.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
That won't happen.

And you have been watching NASCAR how long? LOL

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
You forgot about Jeff Burton letting Tony Stewart pass him for 3rd place in last weeks race.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:43 PM
You forgot about Jeff Burton letting Tony Stewart pass him for 3rd place in last weeks race.

Letting a faster car pass isn't the same thing as wrecking the leader.

Dylan
11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Go Stewart!

kstater
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Go Stewart!

Not rooting for Cryle this week?

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Bleh...rain.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
That sucks

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Letting a faster car pass isn't the same thing as wrecking the leader.

Not sure he was faster....Burton let off the throttle in the last turn and lt Stewart pass, and even said so in an article.

I'm not saying anyone will wreck a leader, but I could see where teams would find a way to help other teams.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Not sure he was faster....Burton let off the throttle in the last turn and lt Stewart pass, and even said so in an article.

I'm not saying anyone will wreck a leader, but I could see where teams would find a way to help other teams.

That may happen. Wrecking the leader intentionally won't.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
So how does this work? Will they call the race if it goes on too long?

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
So how does this work? Will they call the race if it goes on too long?
They can't, the race can't be called unless they're past the halfway point.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I think they'll finish this race if it takes 'til Christmas to do it.

kstater
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Who had the bright idea to start the championship race at 230 on the East Coast? Now they're gonna have to finish this sumbitch at 11 tomorrow.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Well, they're back on the track now, under the lights. The surface has probably changed a lot since the rain; it'll be interesting to see if Carl still dominates.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Hmm... 99 comes off pit road 3rd, with 14 right beside him on the restart.

kstater
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
BTW, it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to realize both these cars are probably outside the tolerances to allow them both to be faster than every car in the field.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Johnson got unceremoniously punted onto the apron by the 34. The harder they fall...

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Tony went fuckin' four wide on the backstretch and made it work. He's nuts.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Cassill sucks.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Cassill sucks.Damnit!

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Stewart lost eight spots on pit road again.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Goddamnit.

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Ummmm, I'd get a new socket!!!

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 05:51 PM
One has to wonder how long Tony can do this and not cause a wreck!! He's just nuts tonight!!

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 05:58 PM
BTW, it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to realize both these cars are probably outside the tolerances to allow them both to be faster than every car in the field.

I resemble that remark... :p

chefsos
11-20-2011, 05:58 PM
BTW, I've got a damn Spanish-language stream, so I can see what's going on but...ehh. Has Edwards clinched the most laps led bonus?

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 05:59 PM
BTW, I've got a damn Spanish-language stream, so I can see what's going on but...ehh. Has Edwards clinched the most laps led bonus?
Not quite yet.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM

He's not far away....I think he is just about 10 or 15 laps away from that.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
He's got it now.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Gracias, hombres.

Guess that means even if Tony wins, Carl's just got to follow him to win the title by a point. Right?

rockchalkgirl
11-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Smoke's just driving the crap outta that car today. Hope he gets the win.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Gracias, hombres.

Guess that means even if Tony wins, Carl's just got to follow him to win the title by a point. Right?
I don't know, the way they're talking as long as Tony wins he will win the championship. :shrug:

kstater
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Stupid move here.

rockchalkgirl
11-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't know, the way they're talking as long as Tony wins he will win the championship. :shrug:

They've said they would be tied if Tony wins, and Tony has the tiebreaker.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Shit, he's doing a fuel run, isn't he? Damn...

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
14 team rolling the dice here...yikes.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:19 PM
heh

kstater
11-20-2011, 06:19 PM
And that's why you don't make that move

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Damn... Tony's fucked by the rain.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Damn... Tony's fucked by the rain.
Sounds like just the opposite.

Fruit Ninja
Tony made out like a bandit. Shit is just a crapshoot. wow. This is going to be epic.

Buck
No matter what if Tony wins, he wins the Championship.

Figure it this way.

Edwards was up by 3 to start the race.

The only bonuses are: Lead a lap (1 point), lead the most laps (1 point), win (3 points).

If Tony wins, He'll get 43 points for the win + 1 point for leading a lap + 3 points for winning. That's 47 points.

If Edwards finishes in 2nd he'll get 42 points for second + 1 point for leading the most laps. That's 43.

That's a 4 point difference and Edwards was only up 3.

Stewart would win the Championship by 1 point.

http://i.imgur.com/s2QLY.jpg

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Wait..what? Someone teach me Spanish, quick!

Dylan
11-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Who's going to win?

Go Stewart!

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:29 PM
No matter what if Tony wins, he wins the Championship.

Figure it this way.

Edwards was up by 3 to start the race.

The only bonuses are: Lead a lap (1 point), lead the most laps (1 point), win (3 points).

If Tony wins, He'll get 43 points for the win + 1 point for leading a lap + 3 points for winning. That's 47 points.

If Edwards finishes in 2nd he'll get 42 points for second + 1 point for leading the most laps. That's 43. [also one for leading a lap=44]

That's a 4 point difference and Edwards was only up 3.

Stewart would win the Championship by 1 point.

http://i.imgur.com/s2QLY.jpgNet result's the same, though, with Stewart owning the tiebreaker. Thanks for the rundown.

Buck
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Net result's the same, though, with Stewart owning the tiebreaker. Thanks for the rundown.

By God you're right.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Carl will dispense with the 2, and epicness will now ensue. Head-to-head, the way it ought to be.

Buck
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
First and Second.

The way it was meant to be.

Dylan
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Come on Smoke!!!

chefsos
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying this has NEVER happened in the Cup series before. 1 & 2 in the standings going 1 & 2 in the final race. Win the race & win the title, just that simple. Wow.

kstater
11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Let's go whoever is out front!!!!

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I have no idea how these guys stay calm behind the wheel, I'm just watching and my heart is beating 1000 mph.

Buck
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Did the other drivers back off or are these 2 just that much better?

stonedstooge
11-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Stewart running away with it

kstater
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Did the other drivers back off or are these 2 just that much better?

I'd be shocked if they didn't secretly get told they had a different rule package this week.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 06:59 PM
These laps are going by WAAAYYY too slowly.

Buck
11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Vickers will crash before this is over.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Vickers will crash before this is over.
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Buck
11-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Edwards slowly catching up.

chefsos
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
We're watching history here, people.

kstater
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Announcers might want to look at the hood ornaments on those cars to see why they aint letting tony by.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I AM FREAKING OUT

kstater
11-20-2011, 07:06 PM
About time for Dylan to celebrate for the driver she's rooted for for the last 2 days.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:07 PM
About time for Dylan to celebrate for the driver she's rooted for for the last 2 days.
LMAO

Buck
11-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Don't run out of gas!

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Congrats smoke.. One hell of a drive!!

Buck
Better crash your car for post race inspection.

chefsos
Just. fucking. wow.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
TONY MOTHERFUCKING STEWART!!!!!

chefsos
11-20-2011, 07:15 PM
You know, Edwards performed just about as well as can be done in this Chase. Stewart just fucking went through him, and everyone else, and took it.

Dylan
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Your closing graph is exquisitely funny.

I don't have a point other than that. I just think it's an important reminder.

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I still can't believe this, I honestly thought Tony had lost his edge. Unfuckingbelievable.

Dylan
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I still can't believe this, I honestly thought Tony had lost his edge. Unfuckingbelievable.

Congratulations, Bugeater!

Baconeater
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
lol...it's pouring now

Fruit Ninja
11-20-2011, 07:26 PM
That was a great race. Win and your the champ, and he sure in the fuck did that. He just refused to lose.

Mosbonian
11-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Lost in all of this....Jeff Burton letting Stewart slip by him for 3rd place last week. If Stewart finished fourth in that contest we would have been talking about Edwards winning.

Wonder if anyone will look to that....

Dylan
11-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Tony Stewart Wins His Third NASCAR Championship At Homestead

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/454/081/133687334_crop_650x440.jpg?1321845306
Tony Stewart has run the race of his life, driving with reckless abandon on restarts and
rallying twice from deep in the pack to win both the
Ford 400 and the Sprint Cup championship on a wild and wet
Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

http://dlstatic.speedtv.com/imageserve/052q58w3Nb7xj/575x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

Tony Stewart won the biggest game of winner-take-all in NASCAR history.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/11/21/1226201/225901-tony-stewart.jpg

"If this doesn't go down as one of the greatest championship battles, I don't know what will." -- Tony Stewart

DJ's left nut
11-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Lost in all of this....Jeff Burton letting Stewart slip by him for 3rd place last week. If Stewart finished fourth in that contest we would have been talking about Edwards winning.

Wonder if anyone will look to that....

Stewart just drove possibly the greatest race in the history of the sport.

No, nobody's going to give a shit about the 3rd place last week apart from some crying Edwards fans.

That was simply an amazing display from Stewart. I've never seen anyone drive a car that hard for that long and manage to keep his nose clean the whole time.

I defaulted to Stewart as my driver when Earnhardt died and I've always thought he was probably the most talented driver I've ever seen, but that his focus was ass (all those Indy day trips he was taking when he was in Cup didn't help him in that regard). When you watch him damn near drive the wheels off a car like he did last night, you really start to believe it.

Jimmy Johnson is probably the best driver I've ever seen; his focus is second to none. But I don't think there's another driver on the circuit that could've done what Stewart did today. That was simply an amazing drive.

Demonpenz
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Stewart was locked in yesterday. He was clicking those laps down and it was every bit of "in the zone" as I have ever seen. Jordonesque. I thought that the breaks lighting up on Carl was Evident of how hard everyone was driving. I think Carl was even trying to trail break or being on the gas and break a the same time trying to catch him. It was just just great and I am glad it wasn't cheapened by Nascars BS. I figured for sure we would see a late yellow.

Al Bundy
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7318821/nascar-kurt-busch-learns-hard-lesson-penske-racing

Repeated bad behavior will not be tolerated.

Kurt Busch learned that lesson the hard way Monday when Penske Racing told him his services were no longer needed.

According to sources, it came after Shell Pennzoil officials told Roger Penske that Busch had to go if Penske wanted to keep their company name on the No. 22 Dodge.

I doubt Penske, as classy a billionaire as you'll ever see, a man who has built his stellar reputation around making sure he and his employees projected the proper image, needed much convincing.

Officially, Busch and Penske mutually agreed to end their association. There's nothing "mutual" about it. True to his character, Penske is doing the deed with dignity and professionalism.

Busch is trying to do the same.

"Leaving a great organization and a lucrative contract is not easy," Busch said in the team press release Monday. "But it's an important step for me and allows me to take a deep breath to work on things that can make me a better driver and a better person."

It is a lesson to every driver out there: Play like a grown-up or you won't get to play at all.

In an era in which big-money corporate sponsors are harder than ever to come by, and where every action or reaction is caught on some cellphone camera somewhere, acting like a petulant child is not an option.

Busch ran out of options. Too many temper tantrums, too many embarrassing incidents with the media, too many blowups on the team radio in which he constantly berated his team, his crew chief and even Penske himself.

The latest incident -- a one-finger salute in Homestead at the season finale and his profanity-filled lashing out at a reporter that became a YouTube sensation -- was a step too far.

The end result is this: One of the best drivers in NASCAR, a former Cup champion, is out of a job. This is a driver with 24 Cup victories, a man who has made the Chase in six of its seven seasons.

But his résumé and his talent couldn't save him. Sure, he'll have a ride next season somewhere. But a good ride with a quality team that can compete for the championship? Not likely.

Seriously, what are his options? Roush Fenway Racing clearly isn't one. He burned his bridges with Jack Roush six years ago, when Roush fired him before Busch moved to Penske.

Hendrick Motorsports? Rick Hendrick had his fill of the dysfunctional Busch family when he let Kyle go and hired Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Earnhardt isn't Kyle Busch's equal on the track. Not even close. But Earnhardt isn't a troublemaker and he is a sponsor magnet who makes money for the organization.

Is Joe Gibbs Racing an option for Kurt? You must be joking. Kyle barely survived this season at JGR. Why would Joe Gibbs bring in another Busch to double his displeasure?

Richard Childress Racing? Really? You think he would hire the brother of the man he pummeled back in the garage a few months ago?

Even if one of these team owners wanted him, no spots are available. RCR is cutting back from four to three cars. So is Roush.

Sponsors are paying less and wanting more from teams and drivers. Being talented isn't enough. Winning races isn't even enough if a driver places that company in a bad light.

If he minds his manners, Busch eventually will get another shot with a top team because team owners and sponsors want a winner. Great talent brings extra chances to succeed.

But this is a wake-up call for every driver in professional motorsports. And it should be a transformative moment for Kyle Busch, who must know now he was fortunate to escape the same fate.

Kyle kept his job -- barely -- after his on-track rage last month endangered the life of Ron Hornaday Jr. Kyle deliberately turned Hornaday's truck head-on into the wall under caution at Texas.

NASCAR took action, not allowing Busch to compete in the Cup race two days later. M&M's took its logo off the No. 18 Toyota for the final two races.

In a way, little brother's incident probably contributed to Kurt losing his job. Kurt's blow-up in Miami came when Kyle's situation still was fresh on everyone's mind.

The Busch brothers were lumped together, fairly or unfairly, and the people signing the checks to Kurt decided they couldn't accept the bad-boys brotherly image.

Whoever gets the job at Penske as Busch's replacement will not be the caliber driver Busch is. Few drivers are. But rest assured the new guy will walk the straight-and-narrow of required driver etiquette today.

It doesn't mean a driver has to be robotic with no personality. Look at Tony Stewart. He has had his out-of-control moments in the past, but Stewart has learned how to say what he wants without jeopardizing the relationship with his sponsors.

Maybe Stewart should teach a class on colorful talk with limitations.

The message is clear to every driver: Talent alone won't save you. Do things the right way or you won't do them at all.

stonedstooge
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Bitch brothers got what was coming to them

Dylan
lol hush, stonedstooge

Baconeater
Huh. Kurt never got on my nerves the way Kyle did. Who did he flip off at Homestead?

Dylan
12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
meeeeeeeeeeechelle

Al Bundy
12-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Huh. Kurt never got on my nerves the way Kyle did. Who did he flip off at Homestead?

Some ESPN person.

Baconeater
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Some ESPN person.
I fail to see the problem with that.

Al Bundy
12-07-2011, 09:55 PM
DGodfatherMoody Dave Moody
Red Bull Racing To Close Its Doors Tomorrow sirius-speedway.com/2011/12/red-bu… #NASCAR

Al Bundy
12-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Busch got a ride in the 51 car for next season.

chefsos
12-23-2011, 11:20 PM
lol@ Kurt Busch