PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Serve me Sanchez Crow

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
I was completely wrong about this player. He sucks. Loser. Complete bust (with 4 road playoff wins).

The defense completely carried the final (perfectly placed) TD pass to Holmes.

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
LMAO

jd1020
01-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Get back to me when he puts up these numbers against the Seahawks. :facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Fake MMA guy is gonna kick your ass

Count Zarth
01-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Your waiter, sir.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/tim.mantoani/images/tyson-jackson.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
HEY!!! ALL OF YOU NON SEC PILLOWBITER-GOTS!!

"I'm basing it on his body of work"

Munson
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Its a good thing we picked Tyson Jackson instead.

SNR
01-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Lock it in.

Two years in the NFL. Two complete years as a starting QB. Two AFC Championship games.

What did the Jets do before Sanchez?

Since Carson Palmer, how many of his USC QB cohorts have won playoff games as starters?

Guy sucks balls. Fat hairy sweaty ballsack.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:35 PM
pretty sad when you have to cheer/hope for another teams player to succeed so you can stick it to your fellow fans.

OnTheWarpath58
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
I guess I don't need to ask how the game thread went.

Incredible that people still refuse to credit a guy who's 4-1 in the playoffs, all on the road, with a 7:3 TD:INT ratio, and back-to-back AFC Championship appearances.

In his first two years in the league.

Shy of a Lombardi, I'm not sure what more you can ask of a 2nd year QB.

RedNeckRaider
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I am one of the bashers and gave him and the Jets no chance. The thing I got going for me is I don't give a shit. Screw the Patriots~

jd1020
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Incredible that people still refuse to credit a guy who's 3-1 in the playoffs, all on the road, with a 7:3 TD:INT ratio, and back-to-back AFC Championship appearances.

Brady and Warner won SB's! Sanchez sucks!

SNR
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
pretty sad when you have to cheer/hope for another teams player to succeed so you can stick it to your fellow fans.Boo friggin hoo.

The Chiefs haven't won any playoff games since Montana. They also have never had a franchise QB apart from Lenny.

Here's one of the many franchise QBs we passed on to take an offensive lineman or a defensive tackle. This thread has little to do with rooting for Sanchez and the Jets, and more about rooting for this team of ours to do what's good and right and just for the fans of this miserable franchise for the past 40 years.

It's the year 2011. How many franchise QBs will we pass on this year? One? Two? Three? More? What about in 2012? How many franchise QBs in that draft won't be Chiefs? Meanwhile how many more mediocre/good(ish) former backup QB wait-and-see prospects are the Chiefs going to bring in before we win a goddamn playoff game?

Von Dumbass
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Sanchez sucks. Any starting QB in the NFL could win with that defense/OL/running game.

the Talking Can
01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
pretty sad when you have to cheer/hope for another teams player to succeed so you can stick it to your fellow fans.

why?

when a fanbase is as wrong as this one, pointing it out is simply being honest

SNR
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Sanchez sucks. Any starting QB in the NFL could win with that defense/OL/running game.This proves it.

Sanchez will be a future HOFer

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
why?

this is ironic...

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Not at all.

If it hadn't been for all the demands for apology threads throughout the season, there wouldn't be the need to "apologize" now.

Some were right; Pioli was wrong.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
why?

ya, point it out to eternity. accomplishes nothing.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Boo friggin hoo.

that about sums you and the situation up.

-King-
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
The drafturbators + Deez have had more posts since our playoff loss than they had all season. ROFL

-King-
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Not at all.

If it hadn't been for all the demands for apology threads throughout the season, there wouldn't be the need to "apologize" now.

Some were right; Pioli was wrong.

The guy had 17 TDs and 13 picks. We wouldn't have even made the playoffs with him.

SNR
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
that about sums you and the situation up.Try responding to points being addressed in a discussion. People might take you seriously for once.

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Sanchez sucks. Any starting QB in the NFL could win with that defense/OL/running game.McDaniels is a great HC

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
The guy had 17 TDs and 13 picks. We wouldn't have even made the playoffs with him.

Eat some crow you pussy bitch.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Try responding to points being addressed in a discussion. People might take you seriously for once.

oh, thanks for all that great info, captain obvious.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Incredible that people still refuse to credit a guy who's 4-1 in the playoffs, all on the road, with a 7:3 TD:INT ratio, and back-to-back AFC Championship appearances.

64%, 3 TDs, 0 picks, 200 yards, and he handed Brady's ass to him.

-King-
Eat some crow you pussy bitch.

WTF? Would we have made the playoffs?

This was a REALLY REALLY impressive game from him. But....his whole career has been below average. Face it man.

Even though TheGuardian acts like a dumbass sometimes, like he pointed out, Dilfer was 5-1 in the post season also. Does that make him a great QB?

chiefzilla1501
Sanchez definitely shows up in big moments. Done that for 2 years straight.

But let's not dispute that the situation he is in is a QB's wet dream. The best offensive line in the NFL, elite receivers, dominant running game, and a top 5 defense.

At this stage, I'd much rather have Sanchez over Cassel. But I'm still sticking to my guns that the pick should have been Raji, not Sanchez.

-King-
01-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Sanchez definitely shows up in big moments. Done that for 2 years straight.

But let's not dispute that the situation he is in is a QB's wet dream. The best offensive line in the NFL, elite receivers, dominant running game, and a top 5 defense.

At this stage, I'd much rather have Sanchez over Cassel. But I'm still sticking to my guns that the pick should have been Raji, not Sanchez.

This. If we had to do that draft all over again, I'd pick Raji, Matthews, Orakpo, and a few others over Sanchez.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 05:55 PM
"I can't believe Hamas drafted Sanchez when we already had Cassel!! WAAAAAA!!"
"You ruined the draft!!"
"Sanchez is a bust"

Eat some arsenic-laced crow and stop gargling the balls of a formula that doesn't work.

If you want to win, draft a motherfucking franchise QB. Period.

SNR
01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
oh, thanks for all that great info, captain obvious.Pick one:

Tyson Jackson

Mark Sanchez

And yes, there IS a correct answer

CupidStunt
The funny thing is that you think you're being sarcastic.

-King-
"I can't believe Hamas drafted Sanchez when we already had Cassel!! WAAAAAA!!"
"You ruined the draft!!"
"Sanchez is a bust"

Eat some arsenic-laced crow and stop gargling the balls of a formula that doesn't work.

If you want to win, draft a motherfucking franchise QB. Period.

If you want to win, have a top 5 defense that can hold the Patriots to 11 points in 3 quarters.

ChiefsCountry
This. If we had to do that draft all over again, I'd pick Raji, Matthews, Orakpo, and a few others over Sanchez.

And you are still fucking stupid. It takes a franchise QB to win in the playoffs. Building the best damn defense don't do it.

The Bad Guy
Yep, I was wrong about his abilities, but some of you really have very different franchise QB determinations than I do.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Pick one:

Tyson Jackson

Mark Sanchez

And yes, there IS a correct answer

pick one:

past

present

And yes, there is a correct answer.

-King-
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
And you are still fucking stupid. It takes a franchise QB to win in the playoffs. Building the best damn defense don't do it.

The defense held Tom Brady to 11 points in 3 quarters. Then allowed garbage time TDs.

-King-
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Where the fuck was all this Sanchez love during the regular season?

SNR
pick one:

past

present

And yes, there is a correct answer.You sound just like our friend Mr. Cash right now. You DO realize that, yeah?

ChiefsCountry
WTF? Would we have made the playoffs?

Who knows. But I could say this with the young talent on our team and add Sanchez as our QB, we would have a very high Super Bowl window for the rest of this decade.

stevieray
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
You sound just like Whiney Einstein right now. You DO realize that, yeah?

now who is discussing points to be taken seriously?

I'm not the one whining about another teams player two years later.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Where the **** was all this Sanchez love during the regular season?

Up until now I've preached about Sanchez being the same QB as Cassel. Then Cassel finally made an appearance in the playoffs.... The rest is history.

SNR
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Where the fuck was all this Sanchez love during the regular season?You don't get it, do you?

Most people who wanted to draft Mark Sanchez don't give a fucking shit about the guy. We don't bring up stats, good games, bad games, anything.

All the Sanchez talk that happens on this forum comes from people who hate the drafturbators. 99.9% of it.

This is probably the first thread about Sanchez started by a drafturbator since April of 2009.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep, I was wrong about his abilities, but some of you really have very different franchise QB determinations than I do.

i wanted him that year, but i'm not going to sit here and say he's been all world. he had a great game today.

L.A. Chieffan
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
im suing this thread

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
You don't get it, do you?

Most people who wanted to draft Mark Sanchez don't give a fucking shit about the guy. We don't bring up stats, good games, bad games, anything.

All the Sanchez talk that happens on this forum comes from people who hate the drafturbators. 99.9% of it.

This is probably the first thread about Sanchez started by a drafturbator since April of 2009.

And the reason for that is that he has sucked since April of 2009.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
You don't get it, do you?

people make their point without saying his name.

milkman
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
The defense held Tom Brady to 11 points in 3 quarters. Then allowed garbage time TDs.

The Chiefs, during Marty's years, played great defense in the playoffs, but other than the year that Montana took the Chiefs to the AFCG, the offense averaged something like 11 points in their playoff games during the 90s.

Winning championships requires both defense and an offense that can score points.

The best way to get that offense is to find a QB.

SNR
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
now who is discussing points to be taken seriously?

I'm not the one whining about another teams player two years later.Let's get back to the matter at hand.

Several posters including myself wanted to draft Mark Sanchez in 2009 because we saw a brighter future with him as the starter than Matt Cassel.

That's all this is.

L.A. Chieffan
sanchez sucks cassel is our boy! tjax and cassel to the ship!

chiefzilla1501
Who knows. But I could say this with the young talent on our team and add Sanchez as our QB, we would have a very high Super Bowl window for the rest of this decade.

What we know is that the Chiefs would have been better off (so far) with Sanchez over Cassel. What I have no idea about is whether he can do the same without the absolutely flawless supporting cast he has. Again, the situation he stepped into is a Quarterback's wet dream.

The Jets' offensive line is 2x better than the Chiefs'. The Jets' receivers are 10x better than the Chiefs'. The Jets run the ball every bit as well as the Chiefs. And their defense is 5x better than the Chiefs'. The question is if Sanchez could step into the Chiefs' situation and be a playoff winner. It's really hard to say.

-King-
Up until now I've preached about Sanchez being the same QB as Cassel. Then Cassel finally made an appearance in the playoffs.... The rest is history.

Peyton Manning once had a 31 and a 35 rating in the playoffs. What does that mean?

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
The Chiefs, during Marty's years, played great defense in the playoffs, but other than the year that Montana took the Chiefs to the AFCG, the offense averaged something like 11 points in their playoff games during the 90s.

Winning championships requires both defense and an offense that can score points.

The best way to get that offense is to find a QB.

I agree. But for this game, would you agree that the win was the result of the defense and not of Sanchez? Sanchez played a GREAT game. But the defense played a much better game.

Tylerthigpen!1!
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Agreed. I think the Sanchize will turn out to be a middle of the road qb. I don't know what the thinking was behind taking tyson.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Peyton Manning once had a 31 and a 35 rating in the playoffs. What does that mean?

Peyton Manning also never road the pine pony for 7 years straight.

SNR
And the reason for that is that he has sucked since April of 2009.Mark Sanchez won this game today. He put the Jets back up by 10 in the early-mid 4th quarter to force the Patriots to make two scores. That was a crucial score in that game that great QBs lead for their teams.

Who's the last Chiefs QB to make a drive/TD throw like that in a big game?

DeezNutz
The funny thing is that you think you're being sarcastic.

I am. This thread is the very definition of the term. Whether or not you like it or find it amusing has little to do with whether or not it's sarcasm. No funo.

SNR
Peyton Manning once had a 31 and a 35 rating in the playoffs. What does that mean?Not this shit again :facepalm:

JASONSAUTO
Mark Sanchez won this game today. He put the Jets back up by 10 in the early-mid 4th quarter to force the Patriots to make two scores. That was a crucial score in that game that great QBs lead for their teams.

cassel

i know not this big of a game but these two teams are different.

chiefzilla1501
Agreed. I think the Sanchize will turn out to be a middle of the road qb. I don't know what the thinking was behind taking tyson.

That's what I'm wondering.

Is he a middle of the road QB who makes big plays in big situations? Or is he a guy who can actually carry a team and franchise?

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I've never been a big fan of Sanchez, but I'll take him over MC a million times over.

4-1 post season record and back to back CC games is a no-brainer. Sure, he's got better talent around him but I havent seen him shit his pants like Cassel. Did I mention he's 4 yrs younger?

milkman
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I agree. But for this game, would you agree that the win was the result of the defense and not of Sanchez? Sanchez played a GREAT game. But the defense played a much better game.

I think that Sanchez made a couple of big plays that had a direct affect on that win.

In most games, it comes down to just a handful of plays, and the Jets don't win without those big plays.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Peyton Manning also never road the pine pony for 7 years straight.

Manning was in his 5th and 6th year starting when he had those ratings.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
That's what I'm wondering.

Is he a middle of the road QB who makes big plays in big situations? Or is he a guy who can actually carry a team and franchise?

Doesn't making big plays in big situations come with the territory of carrying a franchise?

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Manning was in his 5th and 6th year starting when he had those ratings.

Alright. Lets give Cassel til 33 years old to prove he is more than a fucking backup.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Doesn't making big plays in big situations come with the territory of carrying a franchise?

Franchise QBs aren't average to below average in the regular season.

A Franchise QB is someone who is very good in the regular season and even better in the playoffs.

Sanchez played worse than Cassel in the regular season, so...

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Alright. Lets give Cassel til 33 years old to prove he is more than a fucking backup.

I'm not fucking saying that Cassel is good or bad. You're such a dumbass. I'm saying that taking 1 game and basing an opinion around that one game is fucking stupid.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Mark Sanchez won this game today. He put the Jets back up by 10 in the early-mid 4th quarter to force the Patriots to make two scores. That was a crucial score in that game that great QBs lead for their teams.

I am not trying to pick on Sanchez but are those numbers really all that great given the fact that he was facing the 30th ranked passing defense in the league? Really I am not trying to dismiss his performance but some folks around here seem to think that passing stats only count when they are against a top 10 defense or somthin'.

30 pass d. so does this actually count?

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:14 PM

A Franchise QB is someone who is very good in the regular season and even better in the playoffs.

So, are we to assume Sanchez's playoff games are irrelevant because he is "average" in the regular season?

You're a fucking idiot.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
So, are we to assume Sanchez's playoff games are irrelevant because he is "average" in the regular season?

You're a ****ing idiot.

This.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM

You're a fucking idiot.

No. Did I say they are irrelevant?

SNR
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
cassel

i know not this big of a game but these two teams are different.Which game would that be? The Jaguars game is the only one I can think of that came down to the offense making plays in the 2nd half and even then it wasn't that close by the end of the game.

philfree
I posted once that Sanchex would be a bust with the Jets. Of course it was only after the Cassel trade was made and people wouldn't stop their butt hurt crying. And this 'eat your crow' thing is about as childish as that crying was.

If Pioli didn't trade for Cassel then I would have nervously been on the Sanchex bandwagon. There were some red flags in regards to him as a draft prospect.

If some people want to root for Sanchex and the Jets then that's their right. But shouldn't they go to the Jets board and party down with their fellow fans?

At this point I hate the Jets, Ryan and Sanchex and as far as I'm concerned they can all go fill Mrs Ryan's orifice's, basque in the after glow together and cum swap each other. Then after that they can all go die in a fire in the aids tree forest. :D

PhilFree:arrow:

The Bad Guy
What we know is that the Chiefs would have been better off (so far) with Sanchez over Cassel. What I have no idea about is whether he can do the same without the absolutely flawless supporting cast he has. Again, the situation he stepped into is a Quarterback's wet dream.

The Jets' offensive line is 2x better than the Chiefs'. The Jets' receivers are 10x better than the Chiefs'. The Jets run the ball every bit as well as the Chiefs. And their defense is 5x better than the Chiefs'. The question is if Sanchez could step into the Chiefs' situation and be a playoff winner. It's really hard to say.

This is the best post in this thread.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Which game would that be? The Jaguars game is the only one I can think of that came down to the offense making plays in the 2nd half and even then it wasn't that close by the end of the game.

td to bowe at oakland....i could think of more

'Hamas' Jenkins
If you want to win, have a top 5 defense that can hold the Patriots to 11 points in 3 quarters.

You know what's a good way to get a top five defense?

1) Don't draft Tyson Jackson #3 overall
2) Don't trade a high second round pick for a game manager
3) Have a QB to rely on should said defense have problems.

jd1020
No. Did I say they are irrelevant?

You just said Sanchez was not a franchise QB because he is average in the regular season. Even though he is playing like a franchise QB in the playoffs.

Do you have a gun, at least 1 bullet, and some alcohol in your household?

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
This is the best post in this thread.

not one of these guys will admit it though

-King-

Thank you.

JASONSAUTO
You know what's a good way to get a top five defense?

1) Don't draft Tyson Jackson #3 overall
2) Don't trade a high second round pick for a game manager
3) Have a QB to rely on should said defense have problems.

2 and 3 have nothing to do with defense

-King-
If Cassel went 17 and 13 this year, would we have been in the playoffs?

Disclaimer: I am not advocating Cassel being a franchise QB.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Amen.......

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
2 and 3 have nothing to do with defense

They do when you spend that #2 on defense.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM

It's part of the territory.

But the question isn't whether a QB surrounded by an insanely talented supporting cast can win. The question is whether the QB can carry a team regardless of the talent level.

It's unfair to some extent. But because Sanchez was thrown into such a cooshy situation, it's just hard to tell if he can carry a team that isn't nearly as talented as the Jets. Could he have carried the Chiefs past the Ravens? It's possible, but I know he would have had significantly worse pass protection and thrown to significantly worse receiving targets.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Against weaker competition, Cassel had to go 27 and 7 to get to 10-6.

Against better competition, Sanchez only had to go 17 and 13 to get to 11-5.

Jus sayin...

TheGuardian
Do any of you fucking idiots really believe that if the Bills had drafted Sanchez or if we had, that he'd have a 4-1 playoff record?

It's REALLY hard to believe that some people can be this fucking stupid.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If Cassel went 17 and 13 this year, would we have been in the playoffs?

Disclaimer: I am not advocating Cassel being a franchise QB.

Would anyone have gone 17-13 against that joke of a schedule?

JASONSAUTO
They do when you spend that #2 on defense.

maybe, maybe not....where did the jets get those defensive players?

CrazyHorse
Ha haaa. Where were you guys 2 weeks ago?

Waiting? For Sanchez to play well?

Dont get too excited. The D won that game.

He is the least talented QB that played football this weekend. He was spotty even today. And this was a good game for him. In most games, the rest of the team has to bail him out.

Not today. He held his own, while the defense dominated the game, giving the jet O good field position.

Running out here today after a win blowin smoke, shows how long you've had to wait.

cdcox
Even though TheGuardian acts like a dumbass sometimes, like he pointed out, Dilfer was 5-1 in the post season also.

The tiny difference is that Sanchez has actually played some good games in the playoffs. Dilfer was so bad they dumped him for Grbac. So the Dilfer/Sanchez comparison really isn't relevant at all.

philfree
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Or if he could have even survived behind the Chiefs O line in 2009. At this point the verdict still isn't in on his durability as an NFL QB. He's already got a dinged up shoulder.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Do any of you fucking idiots really believe that if the Bills had drafted Sanchez or if we had, that he'd have a 4-1 playoff record?

It's REALLY hard to believe that some people can be this fucking stupid.

So apparently, it doesn't matter what you do when you are in the playoffs either, only that you drag your team down far enough to not make it there?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm not ****ing saying that Cassel is good or bad. You're such a dumbass. I'm saying that taking 1 game and basing an opinion around that one game is ****ing stupid.

But that's what CP is. The Sanchize nut suckers showed up in full force for this one.

I'm sure when he shits the bed next week there won't be any threads like this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
, shows how long you've had to wait.

Last week?

JASONSAUTO
So apparently, it doesn't matter what you do when you are in the playoffs either, only that you drag your team down far enough to not make it there?

:D

so when sanchez was drafted the jets, bills, and chiefs were in the same situation team wise?

notorious

JFC

This fanbase doesn't deserve a fucking Superbowl. :facepalm:

SNR

It's REALLY hard to believe that some people can be this fucking stupid.Nobody's making that claim.

The point is, is it that hard to believe that a rookie QB in 2009 would be that much worse than Cassel? Probably not.

Also, what would be the Jets playoff record right now if Matt Cassel started all those games instead of Sanchez?

THOSE are the important questions to ask.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
JFC

This fanbase doesn't deserve a fucking Superbowl. :facepalm:

So Sanchize is a franchise QB? He's not. Neither is Cassel. So I don't get WTF you're facepalming about.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Nobody's making that claim.

The point is, is it that hard to believe that a rookie QB in 2009 would be that much worse than Cassel? Probably not.

Also, what would be the Jets playoff record right now if Matt Cassel started all those games instead of Sanchez?

well those questions have no fucking answer so why ask them?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
The tiny difference is that Sanchez has actually played some good games in the playoffs. Dilfer was so bad they dumped him for Grbac. So the Dilfer/Sanchez comparison really isn't relevant at all.

O rly?

Dilfers ratings in the playoffs for the Ravens.......

Sanchize's ratings?

Hmmmmmmm

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM

The Jets have allowed 16 or less points in all his victories.

In this win, they allowed 11 points until garbage time for the Patriots.

milkman
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
not one of these guys will admit it though

The problem is that you have to judge a player based on his entire resume, and it's true that Sanchez has been inconsitent, so there is no way, even with his playoff performances, that you can call him a franchise QB.

But at the same time, his playoff performances have been far more clutch in two seasons than Peyton Manning's have been in 12, and people insist on calling him a franchise QB.

If the Jets win next week, he will have half as many playoff wins and half as many SB appearences.

SNR
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
But that's what CP is. The Sanchize nut suckers showed up in full force for this one.

I'm sure when he shits the bed next week there won't be any threads like this.True or false:

The Jets drafted Mark Sanchez in 2009. From that point on, the only discussion about Mark Sanchez (apart from this thread) was done by people who hate Hamas, Mecca, me, and any other poster who wanted to draft Sanchez in 2009.

I think the answer is true.

Here's another one: A few posters on this forum who think Matt Cassel is a franchise QB demanded that EVERYBODY "eat crow" for doubting Cassel after spectacular wins against teams with shitty defenses.

TheGuardian

Actually a lot of people are essentially claiming that. That's the reason for the argument.

Sanchez doesn't come here and do anything but help us continue to lose. He's landed in a situation with a great coaching staff, one of the best O-lines in the NFL, and a top 3 defense.

The Jets don't win because Sanchez is carrying that team. Jesus christ.

stevieray
Ha haaa. Where were you guys 2 weeks ago?

Waiting? For Sanchez to play well?

Dont get too excited. The D won that game.

He is the least talented QB that played football this weekend. He was spotty even today. And this was a good game for him. In most games, the rest of the team has to bail him out.

Not today. He held his own, while the defense dominated the game, giving the jet O good field position.

Running out here today after a win blowin smoke, shows how long you've had to wait.

pretty much. and I'd bet it's gonna be run again all offseason.

JASONSAUTO
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
The problem is that you have to judge a player based on his entire resume, and it's true that Sanchez has been inconsitent, so there is no way, even with his playoff performances, that you can call him a franchise QB.

But at the same time, his playoff performances have been far more clutch in two seasons than Peyton Manning's have been in 12, and people insist on calling him a franchise QB.

If the Jets win next week, he will have half as many playoff wins and half as many SB appearences.

going off their respective total bodies of work manning is a franchise qb while sanchez, at this point, hasnt proven without a doubt that he is.

Psyko Tek
64%, 3 TDs, 0 picks, 200 yards, and he handed Brady's ass to him.

yeah cause when Brady was on the field he was on the bench
dude the jets D handed Brady his ass
sanchez watched
not saying he may be good or not
but jebus
he had nothing to do with brady's performance

BigMeatballDave
So Sanchize is a franchise QB? He's not.He;s not? 2 seasons and 2 CC games? Isnt that what franchise QBs do? Win?

SNR
well those questions have no fucking answer so why ask them?And why ask what Sanchez's playoff record would be with the Chiefs right now? THAT has no answer either.

JASONSAUTO
True or false:

The Jets drafted Mark Sanchez in 2009. From that point on, the only discussion about Mark Sanchez (apart from this thread) was done by people who hate Hamas, Mecca, me, and any other poster who wanted to draft Sanchez in 2009.

I think the answer is true.

Here's another one: A few posters on this forum who think Matt Cassel is a franchise QB demanded that EVERYBODY "eat crow" for doubting Cassel after spectacular wins against teams with shitty defenses.

false sorry

JASONSAUTO
And why ask what Sanchez's playoff record would be with the Chiefs right now? THAT has no answer either.

i agree.

Count Zarth
All you need to know about Trent Dilfer is he never completed more than 13 passes in a playoff game, never threw more than 1 TD, and in 3 of his 5 playoff wins he completed fewer than 10 passes.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
JFC

This fanbase doesn't deserve a ****ing Superbowl. :facepalm:

Already addressed.

Sanchez doesn't put this Chiefs team in the playoffs. Cassel at least did that.

Cassel isn't a franchise Qb, but neither the fuck is Sanchez.

It's like you guys are fucking blind.

-King-
He;s not? 2 seasons and 2 CC games? Isnt that what franchise QBs do? Win?

Trent Dilfer. Franchise QB.

OnTheWarpath58

Matt Cassel a Jet?

LMAO

Imagine the NY media chewing his ass when he tells them he graded out perfect in a game he threw 4 INT's and had a 35.4 QB rating.

-King-
All you need to know about Trent Dilfer is he never completed more than 12 passes in a playoff game, never threw more than 1 TD, and in 3 of his 4 playoff wins he completed fewer than 10 passes.

But he WON!

TheGuardian
All you need to know about Trent Dilfer is he never completed more than 12 passes in a playoff game, never threw more than 1 TD, and in 3 of his 4 playoff wins he completed fewer than 10 passes.

He did what his team asked him to do to help them win. That's what Sanchez is doing. Which isn't much either. And that's the fucking point.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Matt Cassel a Jet?

LMAO

Imagine the NY media chewing his ass when he tells them he graded out perfect in a game he threw 4 INT's and had a 35.4 QB rating.

Did the NY media chew out Sanchez when he had 3 picks and a 27.8 rating?

Bill Parcells
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

OnTheWarpath58
01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Did the NY media chew out Sanchez when he had 3 picks and a 27.8 rating?

Was Sanchez stupid enough to say he graded out perfectly in that game?

Didn't think so.

Reading is fundamental.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Sanchez 2010 season -

6 games where he didn't even throw a single TD pass

Fumbled 9 times

7 games where he didn't throw for even 200 yards

Shutout against the Packers

9 games where he didn't even have an 85 QB rating

Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is a fucking franchise QB. Remember, a franchise QB CARRIES his mother fucking team.

burt
01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

I am happy for you!

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
He's landed in a situation with a great coaching staff, one of the best O-lines in the NFL, and a top 3 defense.

Since Brian Schottenheimer is such a better offensive coach than Charlie Weis or Todd Haley. :banghead:

SNR
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Already addressed.

Sanchez doesn't put this Chiefs team in the playoffs. Cassel at least did that.

Cassel isn't a franchise Qb, but neither the fuck is Sanchez.

It's like you guys are fucking blind.That's highly debatable.

With Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, I'll betcha Mark Sanchez could muster up 10 wins against the NFC West and other easy teams like the Jaguars, Bills, etc.

Maybe some of them would be losses because he took unnecessary risks and threw some picks. I'll also wager that he gets at least one win out of the following: @Indy, @ Houston, and @Oakland

Maybe he even picks up a division game or two and does better than 2-4.

What Matt Cassel did wasn't exactly special. It's not like only he and Tom Brady could possibly have led this shitrape garbage team called the Chiefs into the playoffs.

Also, I'll bet you 10 bucks and a bag of doughnuts that he would have played better in the playoffs against the Ravens.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Sanchize graded out as the 20th best QB according to football outsiders.

Josh Freeman graded out higher. AS did Matt Cassel. So did Shaun Hill. So did Fitzpatrick.

Does anyone REALLY believe that the guys listed above couldn't be 4-1 in the playoffs the last two seasons as the Jets starter?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
That's highly debatable.

With Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, I'll betcha Mark Sanchez could muster up 10 wins against the NFC West and other easy teams like the Jaguars, Bills, etc.

Maybe some of them would be losses because he took unnecessary risks and threw some picks. I'll also wager that he gets at least one win out of the following: @Indy, @ Houston, and @Oakland

Maybe he even picks up a division game or two and does better than 2-4.

What Matt Cassel did wasn't exactly special. It's not like only he and Tom Brady could possibly have led this shitrape garbage team called the Chiefs into the playoffs.

Also, I'll bet you 10 bucks and a bag of doughnuts that he would have played better in the playoffs against the Ravens.

All conjecture.

Do you want to bet on who wins next week in Pittsburgh? That's quantifiable.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Who cares how a QB grades out? Does Sanchez make plays when he has to? The majority of the time he does.

TheGuardian
Since Brian Schottenheimer is such a better offensive coach than Charlie Weis or Todd Haley. :banghead:

With a team that plays defense like the Jets, the truth is a conservative offensive guy isn't a bad thing.

jd1020

Josh Freeman graded out higher. AS did Matt Cassel. So did Shaun Hill. So did Fitzpatrick.

Does anyone REALLY believe that the guys listed above couldn't be 4-1 in the playoffs the last two seasons as the Jets starter?

Cassel didn't make the playoffs with a 16-0 team. What are you getting at?

SNR
All conjecture.

Do you want to bet on who wins next week in Pittsburgh? That's quantifiable.Ben Roethlisberger is a much better QB than Sanchez. The Steelers are also better coached and have more all-around depth than the Jets, and are playing at home.

My pick is the Steelers.

BigMeatballDave
Trent Dilfer. Franchise QB.Please. That Ravens D was so good, they would have won with a chimp under center.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM

He went 11-5.

The next year Tom Brady with the same team went 10-6.

What are you getting at?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Who cares how a QB grades out? Does Sanchez make plays when he has to? The majority of the time he does.

The majority of the time he doesn't actually. that was my point earlier. He grades out very low in every category. That team wins because that defense is stifling and he isn't asked to do much. They shots they take with him are rare and low risk.

Like I said, it hasn't crossed anyones mind that the Jets don't want some high flying offense and that a game manager is exactly what the want? That team is made for that.

cdcox
This just makes it look like you don't watch the games. Let's throw the yards up against those ratings and include todays game. It isn't just about efficiency, it is about production too. See below. Dilfer had 3 games where you take away one play to Shannon Sharp and he doesn't crack 100 yards for the game. Sanchez only had one game below 100 yards and has had some games where he actually made an overall contribution. Dilfer, not so much.

O rly?

Dilfers ratings in the playoffs for the Ravens.......

118 - 130 yds, 58 coming one long play to Shannon Sharpe.
58 - 117 yds, 56 coming on one long play to Shannon Sharpe
83 - 190 yards, 96 coming on one long play to Shannon Sharpe
80 - 153 yards

Sanchize's ratings?

139 - 182 yards
60 - 100 yards
93 - 256 yards
62 - 189 yards
127 - 194 yards <---here's today's game in case you missed it.

Hmmmmmmm

jd1020
He went 11-5.

The next year Tom Brady with the same team went 10-6.

What are you getting at?

Maybe I'm getting at Cassel would have just as many wins as he does now.

TheGuardian
Please. That Ravens D was so good, they would have won with a chimp under center.

Sanchize is just right above that.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Did you watch the games? Remember those 4 games where the Jets won either really late in the 4th or in OT? He threw a pick late in every single one of them.

That's not what I would call "making plays when he has to"

tk13
01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

I hate to stick my head in here, but I still can't believe people make this argument. They went 11-5. You can count the 11-5 teams that didn't make the playoffs on one hand. It doesn't mean Cassel is the savior but it's a terrible reason to knock him. But this whole argument has gone so far into hyperbole it's pointless to even try.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I hate to stick my head in here, but I still can't believe people make this argument. They went 11-5. You can count the 11-5 teams that didn't make the playoffs on one hand. It doesn't mean Cassel is the savior but it's a terrible reason to knock him. But this whole argument has gone so far into hyperbole it's pointless to even try.

Why is there an exception because of his record? He was just as inconsistent that year as he has always been. He's no leader.

TheGuardian

Not to mention that it wasn't exactly the same team.

DeezNutz

Why is this?

The two biggest additions happened after Sanchez was drafted. Edwards and Holmes. Where was our boy?

cdcox
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM

*Raises hand*

The Jets would not be 4-1 with any of those other QBs you mentioned.

TheGuardian
Why is there an exception because of his record? He was just as inconsistent that year as he has always been.

Nice move of the goal posts when your initial argument got owned.

ChiefsCountry

No, because it takes alot more than just stats to win with all the shit that goes on with the Jets. Sanchez is the leader of that team. His personality and leadership is what has gotten that team through.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Why is this?

The two biggest additions happened after Sanchez was drafted. Edwards and Holmes. Where was our boy?

So...your point is that they aren't 10x better? I don't get what you're getting at.

tk13
Why is there an exception because of his record? He was just as inconsistent that year as he has always been.

He was a first year starter. I don't know what you're getting at. 11-5 for a first year starter is pretty good. He had a couple 400 yard games, was playing pretty well at the end of the year.

TheGuardian
*Raises hand*

The Jets would not be 4-1 with any of those other QBs you mentioned.

Based on what exactly? Please tell me why those other QB's wouldn't be 4-1 but Sanchize is?

This shit is comedy fucking gold.

jd1020
He was a first year starter.

Sanchez went to the playoffs his first year starting.

Next?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
No, because it takes alot more than just stats to win with all the shit that goes on with the Jets. Sanchez is the leader of that team. His personality and leadership is what has gotten that team through.

OMG............

Dumbest fucking post ever.

Jesus fucking christ. That DEFENSE is the heart and soul of that team. Sanchez is just along for the fucking ride. STFU with this nonsense.

-King-
Sanchez is so great that Tony Richardson has to remind him of the down and distance every play.

Sanchez is so great that he's the only QB to need a red light green light system implemented for him.

TheGuardian

Next?

As already noted, you can count the number of 11-5 teams that missed the playoffs on 1 hand. You can't be serious with this shit.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
OMG............

Dumbest fucking post ever.

Jesus fucking christ. That DEFENSE is the heart and soul of that team. Sanchez is just along for the fucking ride. STFU with this nonsense.

Do you understand how hard it is to quarterback for a team that only allows 14 points in the playoffs? Sanchez is GREAT!

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sanchez is so great that Tony Richardson has to remind him of the down and distance every play.

Sanchez is so great that he's the only QB to need a red light green light system implemented for him.

Like kindergarten baby.

But no no, he's franchise shit. The red light green light guy. Franchise. I bet Manning and Brady and Brees also have the red light green light system as well....

cdcox
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Based on what exactly? Please tell me why those other QB's wouldn't be 4-1 but Sanchize is?

This shit is comedy ****ing gold.

I'm comedy gold when you are throwing up Dilfer's efficiency ratings as your evidence. Really?

TheGuardian
Do you understand how hard it is to quarterback for a team that only allows 14 points in the playoffs? Sanchez is GREAT!

It must be super duper difficult. Because apparently, Sanchize is the heart and soul of that team. They march to the beat of his red and green drum. They follow him (well, so long as T-Rich tells him where to go) and he leads.

jd1020
As already noted, you can count the number of 11-5 teams that missed the playoffs on 1 hand. You can't be serious with this shit.

Did. Not. Make. The. Playoffs.

I dont give a rats ass how many teams may or may not have missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

TheGuardian
I'm comedy gold when you are throwing up Dilfer's efficiency ratings as your evidence. Really?

Don't side step.

What are you basing that on?

tk13
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Next?

I'm not trying to discredit Sanchez. I'm not getting caught in that stream of BS. I think Sanchez is a good QB... I liked him coming out, he's done a great job. More power to him.

My point was how can you knock Cassel as a failure for being the QB of an 11-5 team in his first year as a starter.

philfree

Rex Ryan is the leader of that team. And that team has a ton of vets. Sanchex has done well for a two year starter for the Jets. He would have died as a Chiefs last year behind that line.

TheGuardian
Did. Not. Make. The. Playoffs.

I dont give a rats ass how many teams may or may not have missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

Then you're an idiot. The same team went 10-6 the next year with Brady. Got anything else to add?

synthesis2
He does suck, just lucky to be on a good team, he is trash

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Then you're an idiot. The same team went 10-6 the next year with Brady. Got anything else to add?

Ya. They made the playoffs.

cdcox

This shit is comedy ****ing gold.

Based on I watched the game and saw the contributions he made. Cassel's record against good teams isn't so great, even when he was playing for the Pats.

DeezNutz
Like kindergarten baby.

But no no, he's franchise shit. The red light green light guy. Franchise. I bet Manning and Brady and Brees also have the red light green light system as well....

Maybe if the first two did, Sanchez and the Jets wouldn't have defeated them in the playoffs. This year. And maybe NO wouldn't have lost to Seattle.

It's hard for QBs to develop in this league. Honestly, Sanchez had zero business playing last year. Therefore, I don't give a fuck if Rex Ryan's fat ass would have had to run into the huddle with Sanchez every single play.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM
JD is right. Matt Ryan isn't a franchise QB either. His team didn't make the playoffs his first year starting. And did you see the shitty game he had his first game in the playoffs? That guy SUCKS!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:50 PM

20th best after two years of starting and at 24 years of age.

Who was 44th after two years of starting and at 27 years of age?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Based on I watched the game and saw the contributions he made. Cassel's record against good teams isn't so great, even when he was playing for the Pats.

SO this guy can't win in the post season as the Jets starter......

3451 yards, 25 Td's, 6 picks, 96 QB rating

But this guy can..........

3291 yards, 17 Td's, 13 picks, 75 QB rating

Makes total fucking sense to me.

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
JD is right. Matt Ryan isn't a franchise QB either. His team didn't make the playoffs his first year starting. And did you see the shitty game he had his first game in the playoffs? That guy SUCKS!

Joe Montana once had a bad game in '87, after winning two SBs and two SB MVPs.

The question is whether or not Cassel can develop into a Dilfer or Grossman type.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Why is this?

Last year's playoff success was with Cotchery, Braylon, and Dustin Keller. This year, you add in Santonio Holmes. Arguably, the Jets' #3 receiver is about as good as the Chiefs' #1.

Again, I would rather have Sanchez than Cassel. But the question is if we have our long-term guy, not just a guy who's better than Cassel. I'm talking about a guy who can carry a team, not a guy who can be an accessory to a great supporting cast. We talk a lot about game management, but really Sanchez hasn't proven he's anything but that right now.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM

You think that Sanchez would have graded out as high as Cassel did on the same team this year?

That's the fucking point here you god damn moron.

Would this team be better off with Sanchize? Fuck no. He would have gotten destroyed behind this line last year.

Second, even on a VASTLY better team his improvements in his second year were marginal AT FUCKING BEST.

Trent dilfer - 5-1 in the playoffs baby.

'Hamas' Jenkins
How many playoff-qualifying teams has Matt Cassel beaten in his two years as QB of the Chiefs:

How many teams has Matt Cassel beaten who finished the season with a winning record: 1

How many playoff-qualifying teams (which both had winning records) did Mark Sanchez beat on the road and in the playoffs in the last eight days? 2.

cdcox

Makes total ****ing sense to me.

Don't make me bump your posts from last week's game thread.

DeezNutz

Makes total ****ing sense to me.

This guy can't: 20.4

But this guy can: 127.3

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Last year's playoff success was with Cotchery, Braylon, and Dustin Keller. This year, you add in Santonio Holmes. Arguably, the Jets' #3 receiver is about as good as the Chiefs' #1.

Again, I would rather have Sanchez than Cassel. But the question is if we have our long-term guy, not just a guy who's better than Cassel. I'm talking about a guy who can carry a team, not a guy who can be an accessory to a great supporting cast. We talk a lot about game management, but really Sanchez hasn't proven he's anything but that right now.He's proven he doesnt shit himself regularly in big games.

milkman
Sanchez has 4 road wins as a starting QB in the playoffs, which ties the NFL record.

CrazyHorse

This just in. 20th best sucks.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
You think that Sanchez would have graded out as high as Cassel did on the same team this year?

Would this team be better off with Sanchize? Fuck no. He would have gotten destroyed behind this line last year.

Second, even on a VASTLY better team his improvements in his second year were marginal AT FUCKING BEST.

Chris Chambers, Lance Long, Bobby Wade, and Mark Bradley, and a part time DBowe.

Those were our receivers in 2009. Sanchez would have been lucky go be ranked 100.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Don't make me bump your posts from last week's game thread.

I don't care what you do. You said that Josh Freeman and Shaun Hill and Cassel couldn't win on this Jets team. You have ZERO to base that on because well, all of those guys outplayed Sanchize in the regular season and have shown to be consistently better players.

This isn't saying that Cassel is great, because he's not. But he's better than Sanchize.

Hell, in all honesty, Sanchize hasn't even reached Dilfer status because even Dilfer had some decent seasons when the Bucs were just getting good and weren't world beaters yet.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM

For some reason I remember the Falcons in the playoffs in 2008.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Sanchez is has 4 road wins as a starting QB in the playoffs, which ties the NFL record.

No, Rex Ryan and the Jets have it. Sanchez was on the team yes.

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
For some reason I remember the Falcons in the playoffs in 2008.

:cuss::) You're right.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM

1)St. Louis, Arizona, San Fran, Seattle, Denver *2, Oakland *2, SD *2, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo and Indy vs.

NE*2, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Buffalo*2, Miami*2, Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit.

Which one of these is not like the other?

2) If the Jets were VASTLY better, why was their defense worse by every metric? Why was their run D less successful? If they got better and those two areas were worse (and they were), then where did the improvement come from?

-King-
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
The Jets faced better teams and still made the playoffs despite their QB going 17-13.

It's fucking obvious that they don't need Sanchez.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
This just in. 20th best sucks.

For a second year starter, it's a fuck of a lot better than 44th.

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Dilfer was 5-1 in the postseason. How many of those wins were on the road?

Hint: 2.

-King-
1)St. Louis, Arizona, San Fran, Seattle, Denver *2, Oakland *2, SD *2, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo and Indy vs.

NE*2, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Buffalo*2, Miami*2, Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit.

2) If the Jets were VASTLY better, why was their defense worse by every metric? Why was their run D less successful? If they got better and those two areas were worse (and they were), then where did the improvement come from?

Their defense allowed the 6th least amount of points?

chiefzilla1501

It helps to have a top 5 defense, a top 5 running game, and the best offensive line in football. He's a better QB than Cassel right now. But how would he fare behind the Rams? Or the Browns? Or the Chiefs? I can guarantee you he wouldn't have even close to that number of wins.

He's been a very effective game manager. No more, no less. I wish we had him over Cassel, but let's not ignore that the Jets from the players to the coaching staff are maybe the most talented in football, with or without Sanchez.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Their defense allowed the 6th least amount of points?

As opposed to first.

-King-
As opposed to first.

Ohhh you were comparing it to the Ravens. I thought you were comparing his defense to ours. My bad.

milkman
No, Rex Ryan and the Jets have it. Sanchez was on the team yes.

You are discounting Sanchez because you don't like Sanchez.

But the fact is, a lot of great QBs with outstanding teams have failed to match what Sanchez has done here.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
OMG............

Dumbest ****ing post ever.

Jesus ****ing christ. That DEFENSE is the heart and soul of that team. Sanchez is just along for the ****ing ride. STFU with this nonsense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=5686155
"The quarterback is always going to be 'The Guy' -- he was that guy last year -- but he didn't understand it," Edwards said. "This year, he understands that and he's taking charge of that. He's acting it. He has embraced the role, as opposed to, 'Why me? Am I too young?' This year, he is what they drafted him to be."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2011-01-10-mark-sanchez_N.htm
"The kid has a lot of resolve," said linebacker Bart Scott. "He plays better in pressure situations. We've seen it in spurts all year, in pressure situations, him elevating his game."

"You could see it in his eyes," Tomlinson said. "It was 'Go time.' "

http://dustinkeller81.com/2010/10/27/mark-sanchez-making-big-leaps-in-second-year/
“This year and last year are night and day,” right tackle Damien Woody said. “Now we know our quarterback is a playmaker. That’s one thing about Mark this year: We expect him to make plays, not just hand the ball off and just manage the situation.”

“You go into games this year more comfortable with Mark and his ability to make plays for you,” right guard Brandon Moore said. “Last year we were not sure what we were going to get, because he had no track record. This year we’re finding out who he is.

“There’s just an aura around him now, a sense of confidence in what he’s doing,” Moore said. “He’s not going to go out with a patch over his eye, playing with one eye. He knows what we’re trying to accomplish and where people are supposed to be. When he plays well we’re going to more than likely score a lot of points on offense.”

“He’s really taken a great hold of the leadership role, and once you step into the leadership role you have to bring it every Sunday and he understands that,” receiver Jerricho Cotchery said.

“With all the work he’s done off the field, his teammates have confidence in him now,” coach Rex Ryan said. “Before, he was a rookie and no matter how much he studied, he was still a rookie. But now he’s no longer a rookie with the way he played in playoffs and the way he’s played so far this season.

“The great thing is the best is yet to come for him. He’s just scratching where he’s going to be.”

Count Zarth
How many playoff-qualifying teams has Matt Cassel beaten in his two years as QB of the Chiefs: 0

How many playoff-qualifying teams (which both had winning records) did Mark Sanchez beat on the road and in the playoffs in the last eight days? 2.

That's a fatality.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Ohhh you were comparing it to the Ravens. I thought you were comparing his defense to ours. My bad.

No, I was comparing the 2010 Jets defense to the 2009 Jets defense. The 2009 defense was better by every metric.

Oh, and FWIW, Mark Sanchez never went 5 straight games without his team scoring an offensive TD (like Dilfer).

DeezNutz
It helps to have a top 5 defense, a top 5 running game, and the best offensive line in football. He's a better QB than Cassel right now. But how would he fare behind the Rams? Or the Browns? Or the Chiefs? I can guarantee you he wouldn't have even close to that number of wins.

He's been a very effective game manager. No more, no less. I wish we had him over Cassel, but let's not ignore that the Jets from the players to the coaching staff are maybe the most talented in football, with or without Sanchez.

LMAO.

You've made some great points in this thread, but the Jets OC is fucking ridiculously too conservative and has negatively affected Sanchez's development.

This post is not too far from claims that "Rodgers wouldn't have developed as well in KC."

-King-
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=5686155

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2011-01-10-mark-sanchez_N.htm

http://dustinkeller81.com/2010/10/27/mark-sanchez-making-big-leaps-in-second-year/

ROFL you could post a bunch of quotes of chiefs players saying the same about Cassel.

I mean...WTF else are they going to say?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
ROFL you could post a bunch of quotes of chiefs players saying the same about Cassel.

I mean...WTF else are they going to say?

Probably something better than "Uhh, well he's on the team."

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Maybe because the schedule was different than in 09? I mean I know it's tough for you to keep up but try.

You do realize that the jets won games where Sanchez shit his pants right?

38-14 against Buffalo where he threw for 160 yards
29-20 win over Minny where he had a 59 QB rating
24-20 win over Denver where he had a 60 QB rating
26-10 win over Cinnci where he had a 71 QB rating and 166 yards passing
The 22-17 Pitt win where he threw for 170 yards, no TD's. Yeah man he's the reason they won!

That's over a quarter worth of a season of wins with Sanchez playing like shit.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
How many playoff-qualifying teams has Matt Cassel beaten in his two years as QB of the Chiefs:

To be fair Cassel did beat the Seahawks on the road this year.

chiefzilla1501
LMAO.

You've made some great points in this thread, but the Jets OC is ****ing ridiculously too conservative and has negatively affected Sanchez's development.

This post is not too far from claims that "Rodgers wouldn't have developed as well in KC."

I think it says a lot when you can coordinate an offense that can run it right down a team's throat even when they're expecting you to run the ball. Schottenheimer isn't all-world, but he's a very good offensive coordinator. But Rex Ryan... smartest X's and O's guy in football.

The point being, I am pretty sure average QB play could take this team into a deep playoff run. We know a Kyle Boller probably couldn't. But could a Matt Hasselbeck? A Kyle Orton? A Shaun Hill? I absolutely think so.

Chiefshrink
You are discounting Sanchez because you don't like Sanchez.

But the fact is, a lot of great QBs with outstanding teams have failed to match what Sanchez has done here.

I will give Sanchez credit that he is a good game mgr and didn't manage to lose those 4 previous playoff wins and this is a start for sure. And I believe he took the next step today in a playmaking pass to Holmes:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 07:05 PM
To be fair Cassel did beat the Seahawks on the road this year.

Oh shit. I forgot about this.

Add one to the total of the guy who beat a team who finished 2 games below .500, the only team with a losing record to make the NFL playoffs since....

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I simply can't decide which is giving me the bigger boner:

a) Sanchize serving the crow.

b) Patriot Nation and Patriots West Nation choking on their own dicks.

c) The amount of laundry I will have to do from CONTINUOUSLY SHITTING MYSELF WITH THE GIDDY PLEASURE AT IT ALL.

TheGuardian
No, I was comparing the 2010 Jets defense to the 2009 Jets defense. The 2009 defense was better by every metric.

Oh, and FWIW, Mark Sanchez never went 5 straight games without his team scoring an offensive TD (like Dilfer).

Sanchez went 6 games this season where he did not throw a single TD pass.

Thanks for playing ma fuckah.

ChiefsCountry
Oh shit. I forgot about this.

Add one to the total of the guy who beat a team who finished 2 games below .500, the only team with a losing record to make the NFL playoffs since....

Beating playoff teams was Cassel's problem in New England as well. He was 2-4 against playoff teams in 2008.

Bill Parcells
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I think it says a lot when you can coordinate an offense that can run it right down a team's throat even when they're expecting you to run the ball. Schottenheimer isn't all-world, but he's a very good offensive coordinator. But Rex Ryan... smartest X's and O's guy in football.

This isnt true. Ive watched the Jets all year. Callahan took over some of the offense control after the Miami game. the Jets couldnt run it when they were predictable during the season.

They started throwing it more on 1st down starting in Chicago. and by not always putting Sanchez in obvious passing situations he has gotten better and so has the running game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Sanchez went 6 games this season where he did not throw a single TD pass.

Thanks for playing ma fuckah.

Because that was the comparison.

Count Zarth
http://i56.tinypic.com/262vdp3.jpg

DeezNutz

Bullshit.

He's a terrible OC who has his dad's affinity for RRPP, and his insistence on incorporating the wildcat is a recipe for killing offensive momentum. The former puts a QB (particularly a young one) in far too many third and longs.

Over-Head
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Beating playoff teams was Cassel's problem in New England as well. He was 2-4 against playoff teams in 2008.with a better team behind him :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Rex Ryan is better at X's and O's than the guy on the other sideline whose gameplan from SB XXV is in the fucking Hall of Fame. :facepalm:

cdcox
01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't care what you do. You said that Josh Freeman and Shaun Hill and Cassel couldn't win on this Jets team. You have ZERO to base that on because well, all of those guys outplayed Sanchize in the regular season and have shown to be consistently better players.

This isn't saying that Cassel is great, because he's not. But he's better than Sanchize.

Hell, in all honesty, Sanchize hasn't even reached Dilfer status because even Dilfer had some decent seasons when the Bucs were just getting good and weren't world beaters yet.

I agree with this guy:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7338456&postcount=2381

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7339045&postcount=2848

milkman
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM

c) The amount of laundry I will have to do from CONTINUOUSLY SHITTING MYSELF WITH THE GIDDY PLEASURE AT IT ALL.

We don't want to hear about your sick fetishes, thanks.

chiefzilla1501
This isnt true. Ive watched the Jets all year. Callahan took over some of the offense control after the Miami game. the Jets couldnt run it when they were predictable during the season.

They started throwing it more on 1st down starting in Chicago. and by not always putting Sanchez in obvious passing situations he has gotten better.

There's something to be said for that too, but there's also a lot to be said for a QB that is asked to throw against a heavy run defense vs. a QB who is asked to throw against a balanced run D or a pass D.

It's why I've said all year that there's no excuse for Cassel to struggle against a D that's gunning to stop the run.

TheGuardian
Because that was the comparison.

LOL It doesn't matter. The point is Sanchize is dreadfully woeful A LOT. That team wins in spite of him.

It does not mean that he doesn't play well at times, but the majority of his play is fucking garbage.

Again, the Aaron Rogers miss was bad because well, Aaron rogers is a bad mother fucker. Mark Sanchez sucks fucking nuts in comparison to Aaron Rogers.

So this is a pretty simple question.

Is this team any further along with Sanchez than with Cassel?

The answer is a fucking EAASSSSSY NO!

Is it further along with Rogers?

The answer is an EAASY YES.

People being pissed about passing up Rogers? Understandable.

Being pissed about passing up Sanchize? Not understandable.

And you were high on drafting Clausen too, and he was unreal bad as a rookie.

-King-

a) Sanchize serving the crow.

b) Patriot Nation and Patriots West Nation choking on their own dicks.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

This is the same guy that said YESTERDAY that Sanchez sucks.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
By the way here is the guy's Trent Dilfer beat in the playoffs:
Scott Mitchell
Brain Griese
Steve McNair
Rich Gannon
Kerry Collins

Thats alot of stud QBs on that list.

TheGuardian
I agree with this guy:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7338456&postcount=2381

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7339045&postcount=2848

Cassel is not the guy. I thought he had turned the corner as the season went but then he proceeded to shit the bed the last two games when he needed to step up.

I agree with whoever said choosing between Cassel and SAnchez would be like choosing between a turd and a douche. Both guys suck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I do know this:

Give Cassel that team, and he'd STILL lose.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Rex Ryan is better at X's and O's than the guy on the other sideline whose gameplan from SB XXV is in the ****ing Hall of Fame. :facepalm:

Hoody is one hell of a coach. And he's an excellent playcaller.

But nobody has a more innovative defense than the Jets do. From an X's and O's standpoint, I'd take Rex Ryan any day of the week over Bellichick. Bellichick's defense has not been dominant over the past five years or so.

SNR
LOL It doesn't matter. The point is Sanchize is dreadfully woeful A LOT. That team wins in spite of him.

It does not mean that he doesn't play well at times, but the majority of his play is fucking garbage.

Again, the Aaron Rogers miss was bad because well, Aaron rogers is a bad mother fucker. Mark Sanchez sucks fucking nuts in comparison to Aaron Rogers.

So this is a pretty simple question.

Is this team any further along with Sanchez than with Cassel?

The answer is a fucking EAASSSSSY NO!

Is it further along with Rogers?

The answer is an EAASY YES.

People being pissed about passing up Rogers? Understandable.

Being pissed about passing up Sanchize? Not understandable.

And you were high on drafting Clausen too, and he was unreal bad as a rookie.The only difference is one QB is still learning, developing, and has shown that he's got a tough mind and can cope with the pressures of playoff football.

Our QB is 29, likely doesn't have as high of a ceiling and has yet to prove ONCE in his goddamn career that he can win a tough game.

philfree
All these arguments are so lame. Both sides have lost their minds. One thing I think is for sure though is Pioli is going to be our GM for at lest 5 years and if Clark follows after his daddy it'll 10 or more.

I truely hope the Sanchexers get over their butthurt soon or they are going to stay miserable for the next ten years. If that's the case then in regards to them the Chiefs should have just kept on with Carl and Herm. I heard through a friend who flys for wal-mart who knows the pilot for the Chiefs and he said that Carl and Herm were definitely going to draft Sanchex in 2009.

Damit Clark:cuss:

TheGuardian
By the way here is the guy's Trent Dilfer beat in the playoffs:
Scott Mitchell
Brain Griese
Steve McNair
Rich Gannon
Kerry Collins

Thats alot of stud QBs on that list.

Yeah only two league MVP's on there and another guy that's thrown for 40K+ yards. Terrible.

And HE didn't beat them, that team did. Just like Sanchize didn't win those games, that team did.

Is this concept lose or something?

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
The only difference is one QB is still learning, developing, and has shown that he's got a tough mind and can cope with the pressures of playoff football.

Our QB is 29, likely doesn't have as high of a ceiling and has yet to prove ONCE in his goddamn career that he can win a tough game.

Cassel and Sanchize have the same ceiling. Neither are very talented.

LiveSteam
01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
REX can go fucking DIE!!

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah only two league MVP's on there and another guy that's thrown for 40K+ yards. Terrible.

And HE didn't beat them, that team did. Just like Sanchize didn't win those games, that team did.

Is this concept lose or something?

Really? We're going to try to legitimize Collins' worthless ass under-producing career? He's evidence A for how much the game has changed.

Did Sanchez not play an instrumental role in the victory today?

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2011, 07:18 PM
The only difference is one QB is still learning, developing, and has shown that he's got a tough mind and can cope with the pressures of playoff football.

I think Sanchez is the better QB currently and has a much higher ceiling.

But the question shouldn't be if he has the higher ceiling. It should be that the ceiling is high enough that he can carry any kind of a team consistently to a deep playoff run.

milkman
01-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Really? We're going to try to legitimize Collins' worthless ass under-producing career? He's evidence A for how much the game has changed.

No, goddammit!

Haven't you learned anything.

It was all the defense and the running game.

Bill Parcells
01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
REX can go ****ing DIE!!

and Sanchez, PBJ and Bart scott PBJ and this Bart scott quote to a boston reporter after the game

"You're from Boston, I dont even think i should be talking to you"

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM

I watched the game and to quote GSP "I was not impressed with his performance".

Here were the yards on the TD drives........

54 yards
37 yards
75 yards
20 yards

So he had a 75 yard drive 1 time. My bad /snicker

milkman
This whole argument about a QB carrying a team in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous.

There isn't a single QB that has ever carries his team in the playoffs.

Teams win.

What you need from your QB is the ability to make plays, and anyone who has watched Sanchez that says he hasn't shown that ability is either a huge dumbass or a huge liar.

DeezNutz
I think Sanchez is the better QB currently and has a much higher ceiling.

But the question shouldn't be if he has the higher ceiling. It should be that the ceiling is high enough that he can carry any kind of a team consistently to a deep playoff run.

Carry? Don't know, but he has shown that he won't prevent it--unlike Mr. 20.4--and he can be instrumental in helping a team win, like today.

Bill Parcells
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
This whole argument about a QB carrying a team in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous.

Teams win.

What you need from your QB is the ability to make plays, and anyone who has watched Sanchez that says he hasn't shown that ability is either a huge dumbass or a huge liar.
Sanchez is a jag, a piece of garbage PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Reaper16
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
"Defense & running game, "defense & running game," ad infinitum. Ugh. Posters here were saying the same thing about Ben Rothlisberger even after the 2008 Super Bowl. Even as recently as that recently-bumped poll about what you'd give up for Big Ben.

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Sanchez is a jag, a piece of garbage PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Congrats on the win. And congrats on benefiting from our GM's stupidity.

TheGuardian

Teams win.

They won last week with Sanchez not throwing a single TD pass, 189 yards passing, and a 62 QB rating.

The won in San Diego where he threw for 100 yards, went 12 of 23, and had 1 TD pass and a pick.

They won against the Bengals where he threw for 182 yards and only attempted 15 passes.

So in 3 of his wins he's done jack and shit. Let's get ****ing real here.

tk13

Teams win.

That's pretty much it. I think there's two things: Your QB has to make the key plays... like that last TD Sanchez threw when momentum was going the wrong way.

And the other thing is you have to be elite at rushing the passer so when you're up against other playoff caliber QB's, you can rattle them and take them out of their game. Each of the last 2 Super Bowls has had a game changing INT... and the one before that was when the Giants got in Brady's head. I'm still not sure having the pass rush isn't more important than the QB to be honest. Because I don't think Sanchez is better than Brady, but it didn't matter today.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Congrats on the win. And congrats on benefiting from our GM's stupidity.

Hey man, <del>Scott Pioli</del> was the one who drafted Brady, it had nothing to do with the input of Dick Rehbein.

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey man, <del>Scott Pioli</del> was the one who drafted Brady, it had nothing to do with the input of Dick Rehbein.

My bad. /Rattay.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
They won last week with Sanchez not throwing a single TD pass, 189 yards passing, and a 62 QB rating.

Yeah just leading the team down the field for the game winning field goal doesn't mean jack shit.

milkman
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM

The won in San Diego where he threw for 100 yards, went 12 of 23, and had 1 TD pass and a pick.

They won against the Bengals where he threw for 182 yards and only attempted 15 passes.

Did Sanchez make any plays today?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah just leading the team down the field for the game winning field goal doesn't mean jack shit.
Brady NEVER did THAT...

Count Zarth
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
http://a716.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_428915a7dca7b5191d9474c668ea15bb.gif

DeezNutz
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
By the way, this was my version of the unity thread.

TheGuardian
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Did Sanchez make any plays today?

So today trumps the three games where he was a complete non-factor?

Sorry. No.

and as noted, the drives they scored on were because of great field position outside of 1.

The whole point of this discussion is whether or not he's a franchise Qb. He's fucking not to me. And at this point there isn't anything to show that he is. He hasn't carried that team like Aaron Rogers carried his. He hasn't played worth a shit in the playoffs for the most part.

He's going to get raped next week and then no one will have shit to say.

cdcox
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM

wut? 3-3 for 38 yards in the game winning drive is a pretty big contribution if you ask me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
http://a716.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_428915a7dca7b5191d9474c668ea15bb.gif

:LOL:ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
How many playoff wins did Aaron Rodgers have his second year in the league?

How is Rodgers an accurate standard of comparison for Sanchez? Note, he is for another QB.

milkman
So today trumps the three games where he was a complete non-factor?

Sorry. No.

and as noted, the drives they scored on were because of great field position outside of 1.

The whole point of this discussion is whether or not he's a franchise Qb. He's ****ing not to me. And at this point there isn't anything to show that he is. He hasn't carried that team like Aaron Rogers carried his. He hasn't played worth a shit in the playoffs for the most part.

He's going to get raped next week and then no one will have shit to say.

You didn't answer the question.

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
He's going to get raped next week and then no one will have shit to say.If he plays well, and the Jets win, you will pull a Mecca.