PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Ricky Gervais - 2011 Golden Globes

KChiefs1
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
The opening monologue on the Golden Globes was off the hook! :clap:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/4547758/Ricky-Gervais-kicks-off-Globes

Ricky Gervais has kicked off the Golden Globe Awards with a celebrity-shredding opening monologue that didn't hold back.

Gervais, the outspoken comic star of the British version of The Office, promised to go out there "guns blazing, like it's the end of the world" and he delivered.

"It's going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking ... or as Charlie Sheen calls it: breakfast," Gervais said at the beginning of the star-studded ceremony, before hacking into Scientology, Cher and Hugh Hefner.

But most of his spite was saved for The Tourist, a recent film flop starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp that caused controversy for being a late inclusion amongst the Golden Globe nominees.

He admitted he hadn't seen it, then said: "But neither has anyone else." Both stars from the film were in the audience.

He later introduced Bruce Willis as "Ashton Kutcher's dad".

Gervais returned as Globes host for the second-straight year. He has joked that he did not go far enough on last year's show but that he would push the limits this time.

KcMizzou
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
His recent HBO stand up special was hilarious.

CHENZ A!
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Damn. Emma Stone looks so good. Never seen her as a blonde before.
Posted via Mobile Device

WebGem
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
As Evan Royster tweeted before...

eroyster22 Evan Royster
this is for all of us who dont give a hoot about the #goldenglobes

googlegoogle
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Al Pacino's girlfriend. WTF.

Saw her and thought his daughter.

http://backseatcuddler.com/2010/04/16/al-pacinos-hot-new-girlfriend-is-lucila-sola-photos-you-dont-know-jack/

Bowser
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Al Pacino's girlfriend. WTF.

Saw her and thought his daughter.

http://backseatcuddler.com/2010/04/16/al-pacinos-hot-new-girlfriend-is-lucila-sola-photos-you-dont-know-jack/

Good for Al.

googlegoogle
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Good for Al.

Good for her bank account.;)

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwH0HfbYHlM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwH0HfbYHlM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow, Lucas had a front row table.

Power!

bowener
01-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Wow, Lucas had a front row table.

Power!

All his power is contained in his throat gut.

Stanley Nickels
01-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Here's his 2011 opener:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvHXzP2SpLA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvHXzP2SpLA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

memyselfI
01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
I sensed by the end of the show that many of the celebs were not amused. I was glad when a number of them started to spout back at him. Especially Robert Downy Jr.

irishjayhawk
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
I love that nothing is off limits for him.

Sannyasi
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Ricky Gervais is very funny, and he's good for the Golden Globes.

kysirsoze
01-17-2011, 10:04 AM
He did what he does. How was anyone surprised? I thought he was hilarious. The jokes were nearly all funny, mean spirited or not. (The Downey Jr. joke was a little weak, though. Predictable.)

I almost fell off the couch when he introduced Bruce Willis as Ashton Kutcher's dad. LMAO

VAChief
01-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was a Scientologist.

DJay23
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought he was great. I love watching celebs squirm as they are poked for their failures and odd behavior.

Sure-Oz
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM
The guy is hilarious, its funny watching these celebs squirm

KChiefs1
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
CBS News just had a story about Gervais & the stir he caused in the Hollywood community! :clap:

Bambi
01-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Hilarious.

Sure-Oz
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
CBS News just had a story about Gervais & the stir he caused in the Hollywood community! :clap:

I don't know why they are so damn serious

BigMeatballDave
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I sensed by the end of the show that many of the celebs were not amused. I was glad when a number of them started to spout back at him. Especially Robert Downy Jr.:rolleyes: Please. These people are entertainers. They know who Gervais is and what he's about. Any actor attending should have been prepared for this. Fuck 'em if they werent. Ricky is a riot!

Easy 6
01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Thank GOD for this guy, its about time someone got up there & skewered everyone.

Those that got all butthurt by it, like Downey & Jolie, are the ones that needed it. Yet others like Bruce Willis, played along & got a giggle out of it.

I'm an acting fan & believe that the good ones actually do something special for the national collective conscience, but theres no question in my mind that many of them have a highly inflated sense of importance.

Bob Dole
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I sensed by the end of the show that many of the celebs were not amused. I was glad when a number of them started to spout back at him. Especially Robert Downy Jr.

You know, because the fact that someone makes more for one movie than the average U.S. citizen will earn in a lifetime, means that they're a whole lot smarter, and should use that recognition to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

J Diddy
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: Please. These people are entertainers. They know who Gervais is and what he's about. Any actor attending should have been prepared for this. **** 'em if they werent. Ricky is a riot!

Agree 200%, they should have been prepared for a roast.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank GOD for this guy, its about time someone got up there & skewered everyone.

Those that got all butthurt by it, like Downey & Jolie, are the ones that needed it. Yet others like Bruce Willis, played along & got a giggle out of it.

I'm an acting fan & believe that the good ones actually do something special for the national collective conscience, but theres no question in my mind that many of them have a highly inflated sense of importance.

Oh i agree....I hate awards shows, and the whole entire culture of it....hilarious stuff, but wrong place, wrong time....

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=4HQHWX2WLFDTCRWG&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

kysirsoze
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM

I got the feeling that although he was smiling for the cameras, he desperately wanted to break Gervais's nose.

DomerNKC
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
It is a party thrown by the uber rich to give awards and accolades to the uber rich. Screw them, i love the annual roast! Give Ricky a 10 year contract!

FAX
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
People love to see the rich and famous taken down a notch. Particularly in public.

Still, these actors are people, too. Guys like Downey have fought one hell of a fight to get back on the straight and narrow and get their career going again. Guys like that should be celebrated for what they've accomplished and held up as a role model for kids who are on the verge of ruining their lives through drug and alcohol abuse ... not denigrated. Plus, he's like the best ever Tony Stark ever.

FAX

blazzin311
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey guess what Hollywood Celebs. and Foreign Press? You're at an awards show awarding you for how awesome you all are. So in addition to your egos being stroked by the awards being given to you, the Hollywood media wing has to skewer anyone (in this case Ricky Gervais) who doesn't buy into your image of yourselves. Guess what I laughed my ass off at Gervais and nearly all of his material last night...hell I wouldn't of probably even noticed that the Golden Globes were on last night (much less given a rat's ass) if I hadn't chanced upon Ricky Gervais and his outrageously funny monologue. He's a comedy hero just for that as far as I'm concerned. They ought to just let him host every award show from here on out. I mean the ratings speak for themselves really. Well played Ricky Gervais, well played. :clap:

Redcoats58
01-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey guess what Hollywood Celebs. and Foreign Press? You're at an awards show awarding you for how awesome you all are. So in addition to your egos being stroked by the awards being given to you, the Hollywood media wing has to skewer anyone (in this case Ricky Gervais) who doesn't buy into your image of yourselves. Guess what I laughed my ass off at Gervais and nearly all of his material last night...hell I wouldn't of probably even noticed that the Golden Globes were on last night (much less given a rat's ass) if I hadn't chanced upon Ricky Gervais and his outrageously funny monologue. He's a comedy hero just for that as far as I'm concerned. They ought to just let him host every award show from here on out. I mean the ratings speak for themselves really. Well played Ricky Gervais, well played. :clap:

Well they were saying on some show that the ratings were only a little better than last years Golden Globes. I agree on Ricky Gervais though, the guy is hilarious, if these people can't take the jokes they are in the wrong line of work.

jAZ
01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/ricky-gervais-banned-from-golden-globes-mission-accomplished/

Ricky Gervais Banned From Golden Globes, Mission Accomplished
17 JANUARY 2011 VIEW COMMENTS

Popeater reports that following his performance at Sunday night’s Golden Globe awards, Ricky Gervais will not be asked to host HFPA’s event again — A goal he set after he was asked to return after his first stint as host. Gervais explains a year ago about his debut,

“I don’t think I went far enough… Obviously not, because they invited me back. So, I’m going to do it again, do a proper job. And I guarantee they will not invite me back.”

This year, however, he perfected his routine, went after Angelina Jolie, Charlie Sheen, Hugh Hefner, Mel Gibson, God, Tom Cruise and a few others in what was arguably one of the most entertaining awards shows in years and accomplished his mission.

An anonymous member of HFPA tells Popeater, “Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure… For sure any movie he makes he can forget about getting nominated. He humiliated the organization last night and went too far with several celebrities whose representatives have already called to complain.”

So in typical fashion, a group of people hire a raunchy comic to host their event, can’t take his humor, get their feelings hurt and “punish” said comic by not asking him to return… I don’t think Stephen Colbert is going to be hosting any more of George W. Bush’s dinners any time soon, either.

To be fair, you can’t expect a comedian to take an award show seriously, especially one that nominates The Tourist for Best Picture — Comedy or Musical.

Congratulations Ricky, and well done.

01-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Damn, if I had known he was that brutal I would have watched the Golden Globes.

His intro of Colin Farrell and mel Gibson was hilarious last year.

Pitt Gorilla
01-18-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't watch award shows, but I watched this one. I love RG.

Pitt Gorilla
01-18-2011, 01:35 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kr9_5uZn6ds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kr9_5uZn6ds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2011, 04:50 AM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/ricky-gervais-banned-from-golden-globes-mission-accomplished/

Ricky Gervais Banned From Golden Globes, Mission Accomplished
17 JANUARY 2011 VIEW COMMENTS

Popeater reports that following his performance at Sunday night’s Golden Globe awards, Ricky Gervais will not be asked to host HFPA’s event again — A goal he set after he was asked to return after his first stint as host. Gervais explains a year ago about his debut,

“I don’t think I went far enough… Obviously not, because they invited me back. So, I’m going to do it again, do a proper job. And I guarantee they will not invite me back.”

This year, however, he perfected his routine, went after Angelina Jolie, Charlie Sheen, Hugh Hefner, Mel Gibson, God, Tom Cruise and a few others in what was arguably one of the most entertaining awards shows in years and accomplished his mission.

An anonymous member of HFPA tells Popeater, “Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure… For sure any movie he makes he can forget about getting nominated. He humiliated the organization last night and went too far with several celebrities whose representatives have already called to complain.”

So in typical fashion, a group of people hire a raunchy comic to host their event, can’t take his humor, get their feelings hurt and “punish” said comic by not asking him to return… I don’t think Stephen Colbert is going to be hosting any more of George W. Bush’s dinners any time soon, either.

To be fair, you can’t expect a comedian to take an award show seriously, especially one that nominates The Tourist for Best Picture — Comedy or Musical.

Congratulations Ricky, and well done.LMAO Major Butthurt

Mile High Mania
01-18-2011, 06:26 AM
If they did a poll of those that watched... I bet the show received high marks because of him. People need to stop taking themselves so seriously, they're not saving lives... they're making films and some really did suck. So, have some fun with it... you're all making crazy bank and this is one of a dozen or more shows in honor of your films. Get over it.

Skyy God
01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Great, great stuff, although the rehab/jail crack was unnecessarily mean spirited.

My favorite part is when Steve Carrell shoves him.

Brock
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Nobody deserves to have shit thrown at them like that crowd does.

Skyy God
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
On the flip side, here's Gervais being owned by Gary Shandling.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qrg89rvtZ1k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qrg89rvtZ1k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I know some people, other then the celebrities, got butt hurt over his comment at the end of the show where he thanked God for making him an atheist.

JD10367
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Like many, I only watched the Golden Globes to see Gervais rip people.

(Well, that, and all the hot actresses. Olivia Wilde, Kaley Cuoco, Natalie Portman, Halle Berry... nom nom nom nom!)

I liked when he introduced the foreign film winner (or was it documentary?) by saying it was an award Americans didn't care about. And introduced Hanks and Allen by going on about "one is an Oscar winner, starred in such-and-such... and the other is Tim Allen." LMAO

I think what ultimately cost him the gig (whether he was seriously trying to get banned or not) was his crack at the foreign press president (?) when he said he had to help the guy off the toilet and put his teeth in, and when the guy came out he said something to Ricky about "forget trying to get your films approved" or something, and the crowd went, "Oooooh." Because you could tell that guy was serious, and pissed.

As for the Golden Globes and the foreign press... Fuck off. Gervais was absolutely right: they only do it to hobnob with famous people. I mean, come on... "The Tourist"? Really? Would that piece of shit be nominated by them if it didn't have foreign locations in it?

SOME movie stars get it. Like DeNiro, in his rambling acceptance speech, where he thanked them for putting him up for that lifetime achievement award BEFORE "Little Fockers" came out. Most of them know when they're doing serious "ack-tour" work, and just bending over and vomiting out a role to make shitloads of money. The ones who take themselves too seriously need a reality check.

JD10367
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I think his website is being flooded because I can't get to it, nor the blog on it mentioned here. Nothing a controversial comedian likes better than controversial attention, LOL. I think Gervais should date Kathy Griffin, they're made for each other.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/movies/comedian_ricky_gervais_says_actors_JxnA7vuEzoTOoQotI41pCM

Comedian Ricky Gervais says actors were not offended by his jokes at Golden Globes

POST WIRE SERVICES

Last Updated: 1:40 PM, January 18, 2011

Posted: 1:33 PM, January 18, 2011

Comedian Ricky Gervais said today he has proof that actors were not angry at him for making snarky remarks while hosting the Golden Globe Awards -- he was drinking and hanging out with a lot of them after the show.

Two days after hosting the show, Gervais took to his blog to refute accusations that some people who attended the show were offended by his jokes.

"All the same conspiracy theories as last year too... 'So and so was offended'... 'hasn't been invited back yet'... exactly the same as last time," wrote Gervais, who had also hosted the show last year.

"'Paul McCartney was furious' ... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after," he continued.

Writing on his blog, Gervais said he enjoyed his Golden Globes gig more this year than last year.

“I think I had better gags,” he wrote.

Those jokes included shots at Robert Downey Jr.’s stints in jail and rehab, Johnny Depp’s and Angelina Jolie’s widely panned film “The Tourist,” and Charlie Sheen’s hard-partying ways with hookers.

While presenting an award, Downey commented, "Aside from the fact that it's been hugely mean-spirited with mildly sinister overtones, I'd say the vibe of the show is pretty good, wouldn't you?"

In a statement issued this morning through a rep, Gervais said, "I did every single introduction I was meant to. There just happened to be a long gap. This is because I was allowed to choose who I would introduce in advance. I obviously chose presenters who I had the best jokes for. (And who I knew had a good sense of humor)."

Philip Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which organizes the Golden Globes, said on Monday that the creator of “The Office” had “crossed the line."

Berk refused to comment on whether Gervais would return as host next year.

Gervais also said he was missing for an hour during the show because that's how it was planned -- prompting speculation that organizers decided to limit his time following his biting monologue.

"Obviously the rumor that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish," he wrote. "I did every link I was scheduled to do. The reason why the gaps were uneven is because when I got the rundown I was allowed to choose who I presented to. I obviously chose the spots that I had the best gags for. They couldn't move around the order but I could move around however I wanted."

Frazod
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing Dane's take on this.

KChiefs1
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I guess he was on CNN last night talking about the GG & the Hollywood reaction...anyone catch it?

JD10367
01-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I guess he was on CNN last night talking about the GG & the Hollywood reaction...anyone catch it?

If you can refrain from punching your TV set when they show Piers Morgan speaking, Ricky Gervais will be on CNN in one hour.

KChiefs1
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
If you can refrain from punching your TV set when they show Piers Morgan speaking, Ricky Gervais will be on CNN in one hour.

Thanks!

JonesCrusher
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
He's a sharp guy. Showing no remorse.