PDA

View Full Version : Books Any Comic Book Collectors??

God of Thunder
01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I hate to bring this up here for fear of being called a nerd, but does anyone here collect comics? I have some pretty old ones in great shape (silver surfer #1, for example). Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else was into them, or if you have any you wanna sell, I am wanting to turn a room in my house to a 'game' room and I think it'd be cool to have them on the walls, so if you have some old books youre wanting to get rid of, or want to show off your collection, here's the place to do it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
I have like the first 11 issues of Spiderman 2099. I'm sure they're worth billions.

Frankie
01-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Do you have any old DELL comics?

Pestilence
01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
I've got Spawn #1-#6 all sealed up in a box.

God of Thunder
01-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Do you have any old DELL comics?

No, I honestly do not know what those even are? I mainly focus on the early Amazing Spidermans.....I missed out on #14 for $100 in great shape and STILL kick myself in the butt for it everyday.

Sweet!!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-28-2011, 05:12 PM
The thread title might as well read as: Any virgins here?

Psyko Tek
01-28-2011, 05:24 PM
hey, I've gotten laid
she wasn't cheap either

Jamie
01-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you tried to sell those you'd maybe get cover price. Everybody had the same idea, so they sold millions of copies and everybody kept them. The things that people don't anticipate are what turns out to be worth something. Like The Walking Dead #1, which you could probably get a couple hundred dollars for right now.

Pestilence
01-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you tried to sell those you'd maybe get cover price. Everybody had the same idea, so they sold millions of copies and everybody kept them. The things that people don't anticipate are what turns out to be worth something. Like The Walking Dead #1, which you could probably get a couple hundred dollars for right now.

You aren't really bursting a bubble. I'm saving them because I really liked the series when it first started out. I'm not trying to sell them at all.

cabletech94
01-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I hate to bring this up here for fear of being called a nerd, but does anyone here collect comics? I have some pretty old ones in great shape (silver surfer #1, for example). Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else was into them, or if you have any you wanna sell, I am wanting to turn a room in my house to a 'game' room and I think it'd be cool to have them on the walls, so if you have some old books youre wanting to get rid of, or want to show off your collection, here's the place to do it.

dude, send them to me.
i will grade them for you send them back.
and i'll tell you how much they're worth.

yea.....i'll send them back, the exact copies. yea....

Over-Head
01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
compleate Irom man 1st run series (although all my "tales of suspence are re-prints)
Full War Machiene series
Tons of annuals and crossovers
Full Lobo Series

Hog Farmer
01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I've got 4 bags of #799 left I'll let go for $50 each. That's a friggin bargain too.

KurtCobain
01-28-2011, 07:32 PM
I've never seen a comic book.

Huffman83
01-28-2011, 08:30 PM
I used to genuinely collect when I was like 8-11 years old. This was during the comics boom of the 90's I still have certain issues of Spawn, X-men, Punisher, WildCats, Superman, Batman comics saved just for the sake of them genuinely being some of my favorite issues growing up.

I didn't collect because it was an "investment." I loved those comics.

Still do really! I'll buy a lot of the Punisher Max comics when I see one I don't have.