PDA

View Full Version : Life Some Good....GREAT news for a change My WBC has returned to more acceptable numbers

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
and my Doc is pretty pleased with the results.

I know I am down a lot but wanted to share some good news with you all

This doesn't mean everything is over, but it does mean things are good for a change

Pants
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Keep fighting, noswad. Good for you on the new results. Hope everything keeps improving for you.

jspchief
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
great. we were all on the edge of our seats waiting to know the latest minutia of your life.

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
great. we were all on the edge of our seats waiting to know the latest minutia of your life.Dude. Poor form.

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Great, Pam! Godspeed.

teedubya
02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds like great news, should we send you REP?

Saul Good
02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
My rep count is still really low.

Phobia
That's excellent news! Sounds like there's enough hope to drop the cancer sticks now, no?

jspchief
Dude. Poor form.I've seen it all long enough to recognize Attentionwhore Planet. Put it on you facebook page or something. Or just die of it already for f*cks sake.

Gracie Dean
That's excellent news! Sounds like there's enough hope to drop the cancer sticks now, no?

I am trying!!! really hard I am trying

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I've seen it all long enough to recognize Attentionwhore Planet. Put it on you facebook page or something. Or just die of it already for f*cks sake.

okay...thanks

Mr. Laz
Or just die of it already for f*cks sake.:eek:

Phobia
I am trying!!! really hard I am trying

Bull. There's trying and there's doing. Do it.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 11:48 AM
great. we were all on the edge of our seats waiting to know the latest minutia of your life.

you can't even begin to know but thanks! :)

Old Dog
02-01-2011, 11:49 AM
There's "poor form" and then there's post #9 (won't quote it in hopes that he edits or deletes it). That's way over the line IMO

bevischief
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
congrats!

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I have to keep my head grounded tho...acceptable numbers is not perfect...it means they are not climbing

but hey I will take all the good turns I can get !!!

Inspector
02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Good luck! Keep up the good work.

Phobia
02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I've seen it all long enough to recognize Attentionwhore Planet. Put it on you facebook page or something.

Come on dude. I get it. But the last sentence (removed) was well over any lines of decency and you're a decent guy.

Hydrae
02-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Excellent news! Keep up the good fight.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Come on dude. I get it. But the last sentence (removed) was well over any lines of decency and you're a decent guy.

phob, I don't care! Really I don't.

some people just live to be self-important asses. Its cool with me

Brock
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Hopefully this is a turning point for you, good thoughts your way.

The Bad Guy
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Congratulations on your great news.

I must admit though, I can't for the life of me understand how you can continue to smoke and go through cancer treatments.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hopefully this is a turning point for you, good thoughts your way.

I can't help but think it is.

It is crazy to me how some drugs to help one thing (Crohn's) causes problems on a different level.

If I were younger I would want to go into developing safer alternatives for people with chronic illness.

Iowanian
02-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I too am glad nosewad has gotten some good health news.

Phildo is right though, if you truly want to give your body a fighting chance at health or prolonging your enjoyable life, you need to stop putting things into it that work against that process.

That said, when a person starts threads calling someone cockballhairgarglingdoodyheadasspipemudveinsuckingfatgravybloodedtransvestitehobomotherincestingkidf ornicating poopyface....they lose a little bit of the get out of jail free card.

Pestilence
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I must admit though, I can't for the life of me understand how you can continue to smoke and go through cancer treatments.

Wait.....wut!?!

chiefsnorth
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
There's "poor form" and then there's post #9 (won't quote it in hopes that he edits or deletes it). That's way over the line IMO

Actually this just happened recently. The poster said sorry and there was a whole thread of people lauding him for being such a good guy.

chiefsnorth
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM

WTF? Really?

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM

I know. My doc says it every visit. I guess I use it as a crutch...wrong I know my rationale...misguided I am sure....was that it was a blood disease not a lung disease....

I have been thinking a lot about the E-Cig but when I spend time in the hospital I don't even think about smoking. They wanted to give me the patch and I told them I didn't need it. NEver even craved it until each time I get released

luv
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
I've seen it all long enough to recognize Attentionwhore Planet. Put it on you facebook page or something. Or just die of it already for f*cks sake.

This sounds like something Clay would say.

Rams Fan
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
That's great news, noswad. Glad to hear that.

loochy
I know. My doc says it every visit. I guess I use it as a crutch...wrong I know my rationale...misguided I am sure....was that it was a blood disease not a lung disease....

I have been thinking a lot about the E-Cig but when I spend time in the hospital I don't even think about smoking. They wanted to give me the patch and I told them I didn't need it. NEver even craved it until each time I get released

:spock:

How does ClayWhit feel about this?

Iowanian
I'm prepared for the miracle of modern medicine.

"You ask me.aaah...Jonas, when's it gonna rain?!aah and I say Brother, when's it gonna stop aaah"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJSP3XZ4JTJO-4-NJ0I39g1qeFZa22PSaGIDwuJz3JgPhexoZOnw

luv

You have cancer and you continue to do something else that causes cancer. I don't think there is any excuse that's rational.

Brock
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
You have cancer and you continue to do something else that causes cancer. I don't think there is any excuse that's rational.

How about "drug addiction"?

CaliforniaChief
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm glad you received a good report.

I'm not going to cloudy that congrats with any qualifiers. In all honesty, all of us probably have behaviors/habits that negatively contribute to our health that we know we need to stop.

Old Dog
02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Actually this just happened recently. The poster said sorry and there was a whole thread of people lauding him for being such a good guy.

Am aware, and that was screwed up as well (as that poster admitted). I never noticed the tag, as I don't pay attention to them. I just don't understand why folks can't just aviod clicking on threads that they know is going to aggravate them.

luv
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
How about "drug addiction"?

Excuse.

Rams Fan
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Don't quote that.

jspchief
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Come on dude. I get it. But the last sentence (removed) was well over any lines of decency and you're a decent guy.I'm not the only here that's tired of this shit. SNL made a skit called Debbie Downer, and Noswad is a freaking caricature of that. It would be different if it was just part of what she brought to this forum, but literally ever thread she starts is a "look at me" subject.

Learn to filter chrissakes. There is a difference between personal and public information. Normal people don't go around in life constantly extolling their misery at every breath in attempts to garner sympathy. Much like people in real life people don't tell others to "just die".

The saddest part is, she's probably giddy at the potential thread traffic my comment initiated.

If you guys really care about about her half as much as your "attaboys" suggest, maybe one of you should explain to her how ridiculous her act is on this site.

luv
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Don't quote that.

Pam doesn't need to be coddled.

And I don't mean to sound harsh. Just a little concerned that she would continue to put herself in harm's way.

The numbers are good news, Pam. Congrats.

Iowanian
I feel a healin' comin on...Behold!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJNuYFMjaL-xqWGZUm2Xh5M1_zsfZKjaHJ4oAdHKIhsQsbL6R4iQ

Marcellus
I'm not the only here that's tired of this shit. SNL made a skit called Debbie Downer, and Noswad is a freaking caricature of that. It would be different if it was just part of what she brought to this forum, but literally ever thread she starts is a "look at me" subject.

Learn to filter chrissakes. There is a difference between personal and public information. Normal people don't go around in life constantly extolling their misery at every breath in attempts to garner sympathy. Much like people in real life people don't tell others to "just die".

The saddest part is, she's probably giddy at the potential thread traffic my comment initiated.

If you guys really care about about her half as much as your "attaboys" suggest, maybe one of you should explain to her how ridiculous her act is on this site.

You also have options to:

A. Ignore function
B. Just ignore the thread

Brock
Excuse.

You don't make excuses for your own potentially dangerous behavior, do you? Of course you don't.

Rams Fan
02-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Pam doesn't need to be coddled.

And I don't mean to sound harsh. Just a little concerned that she would continue to put herself in harm's way.

The numbers are good news, Pam. Congrats.

I don't have a problem with what you posted, but quoting post 9 doesn't do anyone any good.

luv
You don't make excuses for your own potentially dangerous behavior, do you? Of course you don't.

Yes, I do. I always appreciate it when people care enough about me to say things, though.

Rams Fan
I'm not the only here that's tired of this shit. SNL made a skit called Debbie Downer, and Noswad is a freaking caricature of that. It would be different if it was just part of what she brought to this forum, but literally ever thread she starts is a "look at me" subject.

How about this? Don't open the thread.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM

what ever dude

I don't share every detail of my life and I am no more a drama queen than a lot of people on here.

You don't like it...don't click on me or put me on ignore

I could give a shit less about what you think and unlike some I don't crave attention I get enough in my real life. Your comments driving traffic wow you are full of yourself right...

I know I have a lot of prayers and wanted to share that they were working.

Nothing more, nothing less. But please feel free to carry on your holier than thou attitude and maybe your platitude guys will give you an "attaboy"

Marcellus
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Kind of reminds me of a comedian doing the bit on smoking bans in bars (which I am not against).

Something along the lines of "Hey I am trying to get drunk and have unprotected sex with a stranger and people keep blowing smoke in my face".

Fat Elvis
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Great to hear that.

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
:spock:

How does ClayWhit feel about this?

I am thrilled that noswad will continue to post on this forum.

No, really.

I enjoy being called a dumb ass mother fucker. It takes a special kind of person to generate that thread.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM

No, really.

I enjoy being called a dumb ass mother ****er. It takes a special kind of person to generate that thread.

why thank you sweetie :)

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Eh. I have never once said anything like that toward noswad. She is annoying but that was pretty low.

go bowe
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
great news...

Marcellus
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM

No, really.

I enjoy being called a dumb ass mother ****er. It takes a special kind of person to generate that thread.

I am sure Dane appreciated that type of attention being directed towards someone else.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
After JSP's comment, I wonder if this thread will hit 500 responses..................

Glad to hear the good news, Pam.

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Eh. I have never once said anything like that toward noswad. She is annoying but that was pretty low.

Okay Clay I am sorry.

Rams Fan
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
After JSP's comment, I wonder if this thread will hit 500 responses..................

The question isn't will, but it is when.

loochy
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
The question isn't will, but it is when.

and the answer is: 441 posts from now

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Okay Clay I am sorry.

I wasn't talking about your thread, I was talking about jspchief.

Rams Fan
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
and the answer is: 441 posts from now

439 now. But at what time?

Flachief58
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Good news, I hope things keep improving for you.

Can't we all just get along? :shrug:

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I wasn't talking about your thread, I was talking about jspchief.

its cool

but really Clay I am sorry I am usually not so mean. Please accept my apology

BigRichard
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Glad to hear the good news, Pam.

You shut your whore mouth Mr. Flopnuts. You are no longer allowed to talk in any thread related to Noswad. :D

Gracie Dean
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
You shut your whore mouth Mr. Flopnuts. You are no longer allowed to talk in any thread related to Noswad. :D

he is so

HE is awesome!

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
its cool

but really Clay I am sorry I am usually not so mean. Please accept my apology

No. Give in to your anger.

HATE ME!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2011, 12:39 PM
he is so

HE is awesome!

Thanks darlin'. I do sincerely hope the news remains good news.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2011, 12:40 PM

You know it is bad when luv is the pinnacle of common sense in this thread.

Reaper16
02-01-2011, 12:41 PM
phob, I don't care! Really I don't.

some people just live to be self-important asses. Its cool with me
hehehehe

kstater
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
hehehehe

I'm not the only one that noticed the irony I see.

ChiefsCountry
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not the only one that noticed the irony I see.

Irony at its best.

Phobia
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM

The difference is you're applying an expectation you have for male behaviors to a female. They do stuff completely different. It seems like they do half of it to intentionally annoy we men. That's just how females do things. Does it annoy me? Sure. But this lady has known dozens of people from this site for more than a decade and it's apparently a support system for her that is lacking elsewhere. I don't have a problem with that.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
How about this? Don't open the thread.holy shit ... this x10000000000000000

Phobia
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
hehehehe

Is this supposed to be about me?

The God Hypothesis
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I've seen it all long enough to recognize Attentionwhore Planet. Put it on you facebook page or something. "Edited for obvious reasons".

What gets me is how cowardly your comment was. I imagine if you said this in the presence of her and any self respecting men were in earshot you would have something coming... On the internet this stuff is tolerated, but it doesn't make it any less pathetic and unnecessary.

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
The difference is you're applying an expectation you have for male behaviors to a female. They do stuff completely different. It seems like they do half of it to intentionally annoy we men. That's just how females do things. Does it annoy me? Sure. But this lady has known dozens of people from this site for more than a decade and it's apparently a support system for her that is lacking elsewhere. I don't have a problem with that.

Noswad is never going to have sex with you.

Phobia
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Noswad is never going to have sex with you.

I'll bet she would if I ask nicely and treated her respectfully. But since we're both married, no worries about any of that anyway.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2011, 12:59 PM
holy shit ... this x10000000000000000

WHITE KNIGHT, TO THE RESCUE!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
That's cool, and congratulations. There's nothing wrong with started a thread about this, it's much better news than a Super Bowl trip, for example.

The backlash comes from each and every other thread about needless and unimportant bullshit.

JD10367
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

You know what else is attention-whoring? Clicking on a thread by someone you obviously don't like, about a subject you obviously don't like, just to be a deplorable douchebag. Pot, meet kettle.

I know this site is "anything goes", which is why I like it. But, really, when it comes down to people wishing death upon other people--and doing it sincerely, clearly, and unjokingly--just put a fucking lifetime ban on the pieces of shit. There's no excuse for it, at all. And it seems to happen around here a lot.

If you don't like someone, then put them on Ignore and/or don't go into their threads. Pretty fucking simple. You don't have to be an inhumane cockgobbler about it.

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2011, 02:39 PM
How about "drug addiction"?Exactly. I quit 16 yrs ago. Its not easy. Addicts know what they are doing his harmful, but that doesnt matter. If you've never dealt with addiction, you wouldnt understand.

Phobia
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Exactly. I quit 16 yrs ago. Its not easy. Addicts know what they are doing his harmful, but that doesnt matter. If you've never dealt with addiction, you wouldnt understand.

I've dealt with it for 20 years off and on. I'm quit again right now but if I were using and diagnosed with something, I'm done at that very moment. Period. Anything else is just giving up. No excuses. No BS. Do you want to live or do you want to die? It's really that simple.

chiefsnorth
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I've dealt with it for 20 years off and on. I'm quit again right now but if I were using and diagnosed with something, I'm done at that very moment. Period. Anything else is just giving up. No excuses. No BS. Do you want to live or do you want to die? It's really that simple.

You cannot name a system of the body that smoking does not hurt because it causes poor circulation and thus deprives the body's systems of oxygen. That is all to say nothing of respiratory issues. Smokers are so much more likely to get sick and get well slower, particularly as they get older. It's hard to believe someone battling for their life wouldn't be willing to do the very first thing you need to do to improve your health. How much pain and money are being poured into this battle? How many others want these treatments and can't get the same standard of care and wouldn't dream of smoking? It's just so confusing. I lived in the world of addiction myself for a time and appreciate that it's not easy, but damn. Getting cancer would be a wake up call.

What are we really saying here. "I realize that quitting would increase my chances of survival, but I'll risk it hoping I can beat it anyway, and then die of emphysema later."

Come on nosewad, man up for your husband and kids.

Dante84
02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Might I make a suggestion?

Noswad, there are many of us who care deeply for your situation and would like to read the updates (especially ones like this!).

It seems there are a few people here who would prefer to be kept out of the loop. It seems like their biggest pet-peeve is "new threads."

For the sake of keeping on topic when it comes to your recovery, and not having each of your threads turn in to a huge argument, maybe you should start an "Official Noswad's Road to Recovery Thread."

Of course that's only if you want to, but I feel like having all this info in one thread might keep things structured and focused on the subject at hand, which is the desired result when posting an update, correct?

Anywho, keep up the good fight. I look forward to hearing more positive news!

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
The best way for people to be kept out of her loop is for those to NOT FUCKING OPEN HER THREADS.

Dante84
02-01-2011, 03:12 PM
The best way for people to be kept out of her loop is for those to NOT FUCKING OPEN HER THREADS.

I completely agree. I just think this would prevent them from doing so, which would lend itself to higher rate of success when the end goal is the topic at hand.

Less hijacks and arguements = better thread

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM

No one on this site can resist the siren call of a Noswad/Claywhit thread.

No one.

By our attention whore powers combined...

Lonewolf Ed
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Noswad, there are many of us who care deeply for your situation and would like to read the updates (especially ones like this!).

It seems there are a few people here who would prefer to be kept out of the loop. It seems like their biggest pet-peeve is "new threads."

For the sake of keeping on topic when it comes to your recovery, and not having each of your threads turn in to a huge argument, maybe you should start an "Official Noswad's Road to Recovery Thread."

Of course that's only if you want to, but I feel like having all this info in one thread might keep things structured and focused on the subject at hand, which is the desired result when posting an update, correct?

Maybe a better thread title would be "Official Noswad's Road to Recovery Thread For Those Who Actually Care" and then if anyone who doesn't like it opens the thread, they can STFD and STFU.

Dante84
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe a better thread title would be "Official Noswad's Road to Recovery Thread For Those Who Actually Care" and then if anyone who doesn't like it opens the thread, they can STFD and STFU.

Fair enough; I just threw out a suggestion. I'm sure she can come up with one.

Phobia
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM

No one.

This is not about you, douche. It's not like anybody would believe you sincerely care anyway so go do some videos or cruise sluts on craigslist.

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
This is not about you, douche. It's not like anybody would believe you sincerely care anyway so go do some videos or cruise sluts on craigslist.

You sure are all riled up today.

Don't forget to polish your armor before you saddle up that high horse...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8iN0ZHVjgx-0xxpKjfgy3VsFr2C2-5KM2sS-OclUwyh45YHHi&t=1

DaFace
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM

I would be in favor of this.

Predarat
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Good news, keep getting well!

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM

No one.

By our attention whore powers combined...You may be right, but yours have comedic value and you dont have a potentially terminal disease.

RedNFeisty
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM

No one.

:LOL: I love the fact that I got to see your vibrant red stick grow another notch when I hit disapproved. You need to really grow up and leave noswad alone. Pretty low blow coming into her thread starting shit.

NOSWAD....I very happy for your good news. Keep working on getting healthy, darlin!!

Jenson71
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
:LOL: I love the fact that I got to see your vibrant red stick grow another notch when I hit disapproved.

That's hot.

CrazyPhuD
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats!

Phobia
02-01-2011, 04:19 PM
You sure are all riled up today.

Don't forget to polish your armor before you saddle up that high horse...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8iN0ZHVjgx-0xxpKjfgy3VsFr2C2-5KM2sS-OclUwyh45YHHi&t=1

I'll wear it as a badge of honor. I'm not a gigantic piece of crap. I live by a code of honor that ALSO applies to my pseudo-anonymous behavior online. Yuck it up.

Count Zarth
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I live by a code of honor

Yes, you hold people accountable. You are a fucking american hero!

http://i51.tinypic.com/345k2sn.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Pam, I'm glad to hear your doing better.

But for FUCK'S SAKE, QUIT SMOKING!

:facepalm:

Please.

johnny961
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM

I don't know you other than this board but have wished you well in other threads. Glad to hear things are going in the right direction. But, the tobacco habit really needs to go. It is counterproductive to your fight to say the least. I know its a bitch to give up having fought it myself, especially the psychological part of the addiction. I really hope you decide to quit. FWIW, my personal opinion is that the lozenges work best. I started with the 4mg for about 6 wks then went to the 2mg for a month or so then tapered completely off over about a month. Been quit for a yr now. But the key is finding whatever works for you and stick to it. You can do it. Sorry if I just turned this thread into a bitch session but it would be nice to see your progress continue.

ROYC75
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Good News Pam, May God continue to Bless You.

Agreed, drop the habit and breath deep.

cabletech94
02-02-2011, 04:08 AM
good news to hear, indeed.

keep it up! and best wishes!!!!

Gonzo
02-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Awesome news, I'm glad for you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenson71
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Stop smoking, pam. Every time you touch a cigarette, think of it as one less day to spend with your daughter, your husband, your dog, this world.

notorious
02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I love the fact that I got to see your vibrant red stick grow another notch when I hit disapproved.

That's hot.

This.

I'm glad I'm not the only sick fuck that read it that way. ROFL