PDA

View Full Version : Poop Great News for AFC West teams OTHER than the Faiders

Kerberos
02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/02/hue-jackson-al-davis-not-even-close-to-done-running-raiders/

Hue Jackson: Al Davis “not even close” to done running Raiders

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 2, 2011, 9:50 AM EST
New Raiders coach Hue Jackson expects Al Davis to be his boss for a long time.

The 81-year-old Davis looks terrible and sounds like he’s not all there, but when Jackson was faced with a question during a radio interview about whether Davis is “an owner that maybe needs to pass the torch,” Jackson interrupted before the question could be finished.

“No, let’s stop that right now,” Jackson said. “That’s not even close.”

Jackson said that in all his dealings with Davis, he’s never seen any reason to doubt that Davis understands what the Raiders are doing.

“I’ve worked for coach Davis for a year,” Jackson said. “This guys knows football. He knows the running game. He knows the pass game. He understands how to get the run game stopped. He understands how to get the pass game stopped, and I think people would be surprised if they could sit down with him and really talk football with him, and find out what he’s thinking, I think you’d be surprised, because he probably has forgotten more football than most people know.”

Of course, the whole point is that many NFL observers think Davis has forgotten so much about football that he’s no longer competent to run an NFL franchise, and that’s why the Raiders haven’t had a winning record in eight years. And if Davis isn’t even close to done running the Raiders, then the Raiders may not be close to a return to the playoffs.

Buddy Rich
02-02-2011, 09:29 AM
That's great news. Maybe someone in the division can beat them next year.

TheGuardian
02-02-2011, 09:34 AM

With Cable gone that won't be a problem.

Kerberos
02-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then. It won't take much for them to go back to their old form.

TEX
02-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Or maybe they can beat more than only two teams out of their division...

JohnnyV13
02-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I hope the raiders keep opening the crypt and unwrapping A£ Davis for generations to come.

Over-Head
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
The Raiders ain't done by a long shot!!
Were GONNA
- win them games outside the division,
- sweep the west again next season,
- Get a first round Bye
-home field advantage in teh playoff's
-were gonna Stomp the Steelers
-Were gonna Pound the Pats for the AFC Crown
AND were going to the Superbowl :#

screw it, if yer gonna dream, dream big!