PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal wins nfl fed ex ground player of the year

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
JoshLooney Josh Looney
Congrats to Jamaal Charles...2010 FedEX Ground NFL Player of the Year

kysirsoze
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Sweet. What is that? $25,000 to KC children's charities or something?

Good for him, too.

charlesjones
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
way to go charles!

Dicky McElephant
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
What is this......3 threads in 30 minutes?

DTLB58
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
:clap::toast:WooWoo

Congrats JC.....Well deserved!

Gracie Dean
02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Thats awesome. Hoping Haley gets HC of the year

DTLB58
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Sweet. What is that? $25,000 to KC children's charities or something?

Good for him, too.

Yes.

HemiEd
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Never saw this coming.

chefsos
02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
He should get a helmet sticker with that little dog on it.

Okie_Apparition
02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
LJ just pistol whipped himself in the face. Then spit a 7&7 on the rising welp.

GoHuge
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Wait all the talking heads said that Foster was the best all-around back in the NFL!!! :rolleyes:

kysirsoze
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Wait all the talking heads said that Foster was the best all-around back in the NFL!!! :rolleyes:

They did?

rad
02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
LOL @ Foster in this gallery......the look on his face is like "JC aint sh!t" (9th pic)

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d81e10c10#id:09000d5d81e1374f

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
good he deserved it

KCrockaholic
02-02-2011, 06:30 PM
LOL @ Foster in this gallery......the look on his face is like "JC aint sh!t" (9th pic)

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d81e10c10#id:09000d5d81e1374f

I doubt he thinks that. These guys seemed to get a long pretty well at the Pro Bowl. And JC recognized Foster as a guy that could have easily won the award during his thank you speech.

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Jamaal Charles wins FedEx Ground Player of the Year Award (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1657)

Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles returned to his home state of Texas where he picked up the most prestigious honor of his football career on Wednesday, the 2010 FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Year.

Charles, the NFL’s second-leading rusher with 1,467 yards, averaged 6.38 yards per carry last season, just a fraction of a yard behind the NFL record 6.40 set by Hall of Famer Jim Brown in 1963.

Charles actually had broken the record before losing yardage on his final carry in the Chiefs’ regular-season loss to Oakland, and was asked if he envisioned being compared to Brown while playing at the University of Texas.

“Everybody put me in the class with Earl Campbell,” sighed Charles, “and now I’m in a class with Jim Brown. Amazing.”

Charles was chosen for the FedEx Award over Houston’s Arian Foster, the NFL’s leading rusher with 1,616 yards and a 4.9-yard average; and Atlanta’s Michael Turner, the third-leading rusher with 1,371 yards.

“I had a chance to do one Kansas City Chiefs game, it was the playoff game,” said CBS Sports analyst Phil Simms, who presented the award. “I was at practice, and I couldn’t believe how fast Jamaal Charles was. TV lies. He’s faster in person.”

Charles credited his offensive line and fellow running back Thomas Jones for his success and the Chiefs’ ability to lead the NFL in rushing. He hopes it continues, even after the departure of offensive coordinator Charlie Weis.

“I hope we stick to the philosophies of running the ball … it works,” said Charles, nattily dressed in a gray suit and striped tie.

Charles said he had no inkling on whether the Chiefs are closing in on a new offensive coordinator or if head coach Todd Haley will take on those duties.

“I’ll let the coaches (decide that),” Charles said. “Right now, I’m out here, having fun, accepting the FedEx Award.”

He’s also sampling Super Bowl festivities after getting over the disappointment of losing to Baltimore in the playoffs.

“It was wonderful, having a taste of the post-season,” Charles said, “and you may only get one shot at what Green Bay and the Steelers are doing, and hopefully we can get to that spot.

“You work so hard to get a playoff spot, and we were (three) games away from it, and it hurt. I know I cried … but it was my first time in the playoffs, and loved it, and hopefully we can make it to the Super Bowl. That’s what we play this for.”

Charles’ first Pro Bowl selection was a consolation prize for losing in the playoffs. Charles, in his third season with the Chiefs, carried 10 times for 72 yards — a 7.2-yard average — including a long run of 32 yards and an 8-yard touchdown in last Sunday night’s game in Honolulu.

“Great football players were there who you were a big fan of,” said Charles, who took his mother, an aunt and his girlfriend to Hawaii. “My mom and my aunt were so excited to see Michael Vick, they were going crazy … they were excited to see Ray Lewis … it was more like a family event. I was able to enjoy a great experience with my family.

“It was one of my goals to make the Pro Bowl, and I accomplished it.”

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers was selected FedEx Air Player of the Year.

In honor of the winners, FedEx is donating $25,000 to the Safe Kids USA coalitions in Kansas City and Green Bay, a program that funds predestrian safety improvements, from upgraded crosswalks and safety signs to traffic barriers and educational training for children.

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3JPppvlqEs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3JPppvlqEs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

texans fan
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM

What's all the eye rolling about? Arian Foster was the best all around back in the NFL last season. He led the league in rushing, led the league in receiving (Only the 3rd player in NFL history to have 1,600+ rushing yards and 600+ receiving yards), led the league in TDs, led the league in first downs, led the league in 100 yard rushing games, and was one of the best pass blockers at his position in the league.....what else could he possibly do? He deserved the award, but oh well..it's not like he isn't used to getting snubbed.

As far as Foster having a "JC ain't sh!t" look on his face that some other poster brought up, that's crap. Foster said in a interview that him and Charles have become good friends since the pro bowl and they have a lot in common, he likes Jamaal Charles and they pretty much hung out the entire time they were in Hawaii.