PDA

View Full Version : Football Another feel good NFL star story (desean jackson)

Shogun
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-DeSean-Jackson-s-emotional-surprise-visi?urn=nfl-316576

Very cool. I love seeing players do this

Shogun
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
The 13-year-old boy who was bullied and beat up by a "wolf pack" of teenagers in Pennsylvania last month received a surprise visit from his favorite football player on live television.

Nadin Khoury was walking home from school on Jan. 11 when he was randomly accosted by seven teens who attacked him for 30 minutes. The incident was filmed by one of the assailants, which helped propel the sickening incident into the national spotlight.

On Thursday, a resilient Khoury appeared with his family on "The View" to discuss the incident and bullying in general. Near the end of the segment, he was surprised by Philadelphia Eagles players DeSean Jackson(notes), Todd Herremans and Jamaal Jackson
(notes).

Jackson, the Eagles star receiver, is Khoury's favorite player. After coming out on set and hugging the middle school student, Jackson gave Khoury the jersey off his back (literally) and let him know that if he ever needed help, he and his two lineman had his back. Herremans later mentioned that the Eagles would give the family tickets to any Eagles game next season.

You could tell that seeing Desean was everything to that kid, that made his entire world and he is going to carry himself differently, probably feel like he could accomplish more.

DA_T_84
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, that was awesome. Thanks for posting.

That kid was just at a loss. You could tell it was a rough subject for him to talk about. I think the more brave thing was to go on tv and talk about it.

And to see him rewarded for that bravery like that was awesome. I hope it meant something to those players, too.

Shogun
02-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Man even if it didnt and it was just advice from their PR, that kid is gonna tell his kids and grandkids about that, it really meant something and I'm sure DeSean isn't really a prick despite showboating, i love this stories

DA_T_84
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Man even if it didnt and it was just advice from their PR, that kid is gonna tell his kids and grandkids about that, it really meant something and I'm sure DeSean isn't really a prick despite showboating, i love this stories

In the video, Whoopie even got choked up as she was saying that the guys wanted to actually show up and be there. That means that they probably planned on just video conference or sending a pre-recorded message and sending gifts or whatever. But for them to take the time to go out and show up, that was pretty cool.

Chiefaholic
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Good to see a professional athlete take the time to give something to the kid that'll be a great memory the rest of his life. You could see how much it meant to the kid just by watching the reaction on his face. Major props to Jackson and the Eagles franchise.

KCFalcon59
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
2 Thumbs up!!

Sure-Oz
02-03-2011, 09:47 PM
That was awesome. the kids face was priceless

wazu
02-03-2011, 10:00 PM

So cynical. The dude has fun while playing football. Doesn't mean he's a prick.

rtmike
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow, I would have thought the kid's Dad ,Dexter McCluster, would be his favorite player. ;)

Incredible moment right there. The look on the kid's face says it all. I couldn't help but tear up the 2nd time I watched it.

Thanks for posting.

Urc Burry
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Never really liked Desean until watching that

Urc Burry
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Watched the bullying video...hope them punks get locked up for a long time

luv
02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Love it.

"Anytime you need us, man, I've got two linemen right here. Anytime you need us, we got your back."

chiefzilla1501
02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Never really liked Desean until watching that

I can tell you from meeting Ochocinco that a lot of times, players are not always the same guys off the field as they are on.

KcMizzou
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
That was awesome. the kids face was pricelessInstant tears. That's his hero.

Very, very cool.

And for the cynical people, I'd bet good money he keeps in touch with that kid.

Buehler445
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Wow. Props to Mr. Jackson. Well played sir.

Urc Burry
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Here is the original video...its fucked up
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/01/bullying-teens-arrested-in-beating-of-13-year-old-boy-video/

teedubya
02-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Thats all fine and dandy until he wears his Jackson jersey and it gets ganked from him.

Chuck Norris should have come on the show and taught the dude some kungfujitsu or something.

Cool deal that those players came to support the dude. Fuckin' bullies.

KC Tattoo
02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
he is brave, he knows he could be marked by other fucking thugs after school or even during school. They really need to set a presidence for punishment on those jueviniles and hope they get what's comming to them.

Good for him to speak up!

rtmike
02-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Hopefully D. Jack gave him a couple jerseys so the kid can save the autographed one. :hmmm:

The kid wouldn't have to worry about getting ganked if he wore the lineman's jersey.

Pushead2
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
:clap: very moving

kcmaxwell
02-04-2011, 08:06 AM
In the video, Whoopie even got choked up as she was saying that the guys wanted to actually show up and be there. That means that they probably planned on just video conference or sending a pre-recorded message and sending gifts or whatever. But for them to take the time to go out and show up, that was pretty cool.

thats what i got from that too...that kid is tough as nails to go on tv and talk about getting beat on like that! Seems like he has got a lot of character. good for him!

PhillyChiefFan
02-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Some players just get a bad rap and others just act like an ass in front of the crowd or cameras but I like to believe there are a lot out there that are good people.

A lot of people don't like CC Sabathia cause of his contract with the Yankees and everything, but I have a friend who's brother lost his eyesight by a sniper in Iraq and CC and came by Walter Reed unannounced and without any PR people just to sit and talk with him and some of the other wounded vets.

He spent over 3 hours with them talking and giving autographs.

Never saw it in the papers, and he said he wanted it that way to my friend's family. They really appreciated that, more than I'm sure they could say.

Bob Dole
02-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Chuck Norris should have come on the show and taught the dude some kungfujitsu or something.

Michael Vick should have come on the show and given him a pit bull puppy.

Chiefs Rool
02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
good for both of them! Now, you know those bullies are gonna come back after all of the attention Koury got. I would love to see Jackson and the 2 o-linemen actually get his back and teach a painfull lesson to the bullies.

beach tribe
02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Never liked duhSean because of his stupid antics.

But this was cool of him.

Der Flöprer
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
That was one of the coolest videos I've ever seen just from the reaction on that boy's face. When DeSean took his jersey off and signed it right there for him, that was priceless. Jackson just became one of my favorite players.