PDA

View Full Version : Misc WTF?!! of the day

orange
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I just went to my mailbox, moments ago. There was a letter inside. It was from the Cemetary where my parents are buried (Mom about 20 years ago, Dad over 40).

I'm thinking, "they're surely not going to plow that section or something." And I rip it open.

It's an AD.

"Final Notice - Price Increase St. Francis of Assisi Mausoleum"

WTF?!!

mikeyis4dcats.
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
WHy is that odd? Cemetaries need business too....in fact 2 within 10 miles of me have gone bankrupt in the last year.

Demonpenz
sorry for your loss

DaFace
Better get in there before time runs out.

Demonpenz
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
So if they did plow the cemetary and moved the bodies you would have to say "They are in a better place now, wait.... well they used to be in a better place, but now they took a step back and aren't in a such a good place"

DaFace
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
So if they did plow the cemetary and moved the bodies you would have to say "They are in a better place now, wait.... well they used to be in a better place, but now they took a step back and aren't in a such a good place"

Depends on the view, I guess.

Rain Man
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Better hurry. It's a time-limited offer until you die.

Rain Man
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Ooh. They should have a little note at the bottom that says, "Offer expires when you do."

orange
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
WHy is that odd? Cemetaries need business too....in fact 2 within 10 miles of me have gone bankrupt in the last year.

I don't understand that. Aren't people dying to get into them?

Seriously, though, this is about the most inappropriate ad I've ever seen.

"Not to wish ill on anyone, but IF a loved one happens to be on the way out, you could save a pile if they happen to go out before Feb. 28."

DaFace
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't understand that. Aren't people dying to get into them?

"Not to wish ill on anyone, but IF a loved one happens to be on the way out, you could save a pile if they happen to go out before Feb. 28."

That's fantastic in a completely WTF and wrong way.

Gonzo
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Someone call Craig T. Nelson.
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag02
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Were they tactful in regards to preplanning? It's best to take care of it yourself. You are going to be there a long time.

SNR
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Ooh. They should have a little note at the bottom that says, "Offer expires when you do."This reminds me of one of my good friends from Vienna. He comes from a storied honorable family (yeah, they care about that shit over there. Whatever) and so he and his wife deem it necessary to pay to keep their parents and other notable ancestors in the cemetery. I think last time I talked to him he was paying for 7 coffins.

Your post reminded me that yes, you have to pay rent for the ground in which your dead ass rests. I assume it's because space is so limited, especially in some of the older more note-worthy cemeteries.

In fact, I've been to that cemetery and seen where his folks are buried. It's very nice. It borders a small grove of birch trees and just about 10 or so plots down the line is Franz von Suppe and Hugo Wolf, who are about 10 or so plots away from Beethoven, Brahms, and (supposedly... although nobody knows where his body really is) Mozart.

GREAT location. I've decided that if I can't have a nice-ass cemetery plot in a good neighborhood like that when I die, you may as well stick me in the urn. I won't care.

Chief Chief
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM

There's not much future in a dying business.

KcMizzou
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM

"Not to wish ill on anyone, but IF a loved one happens to be on the way out, you could save a pile if they happen to go out before Feb. 28."Holy shit. LMAO

Are they suggesting you just give 'em a little nudge?

listopencil
02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
You can purchase a plot at any time.

threebag02
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
http://yourideahere.umbc.edu/ARTISTS/ralphdixon/hts/hts.html

Human Taxidermy

KurtCobain
02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Holy shit. LMAO

Are they suggesting you just give 'em a little nudge?

http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/explosion.jpg

wilas101
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
My biggest wtf moment regarding death came along during the first gulf war. I was sitting in the middle of somewhere, saudi arabia when I received a card from home. I opened it up and found a card from a local church requesting the right to perform my services in the event of my death in a foreign land.

I returned it with a big F*CK YOU written on the front.

Luckily I didn't die and have to let them follow through. :)

KcMizzou
02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
My biggest wtf moment regarding death came along during the first gulf war. I was sitting in the middle of somewhere, saudi arabia when I received a card from home. I opened it up and found a card from a local church requesting the right to perform my services in the event of my death in a foreign land.

I returned it with a big F*CK YOU written on the front.

JFC :shake: Good for you.

And thank you.

chasedude
02-04-2011, 09:11 PM
http://yourideahere.umbc.edu/ARTISTS/ralphdixon/hts/hts.html

Human Taxidermy

Reading one of the Testimonials

"When my granddaughter had passed away, I was devistated! How could this have happened to my baby? Thanks to HTS, I can see my grand baby all the time. It's like she never left. Thanks HTS."

Uh, WTF??? This is some weird Norman Bates craziness!