PDA

View Full Version : After years of enjoyment, the bookmark of the other board was removed today

Bishop's_Girl
10-28-2000, 12:40 AM
When one prominent poster said she felt more comfortable with Raider fans than Chiefs fans, I knew it was time to finally say goodbye.

Ironically, when I tried to say goodbye to my "true" fellow Chiefs fans on this other board, the BBA removed the post.

Nonetheless, I am here to talk Chiefs football. Any of you got game?

milkman
10-28-2000, 12:47 AM
Welcome into the light, 12th Man. I certainly share your disgust. The "prominent poster's" love of the Raiders has moved beyond her devotion to Gannon into the realm of Neil Smith's homerun swing. She should just move to friggin Oakland and get it over with.

I'm just glad she's stuck to her convictions in ONE instance and stayed clear of this board. Between her, all the new trolls and the Nazi censorship, there isn't much reason to be there anymore.

------------------
Frazod

New Chiefs Philosophy - CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THE WOMEN. And yes, I still hate Denver!

AustinChief
10-28-2000, 10:47 AM
12th Man,

Welcome to Chiefs Valhalla http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I read the other board because on a few occasions there are threads worth reading, but for the most part, this has become my home since it's inception (actually, I think I was one of the first ten posters here. For what that's worth.(heh))

While I wish we got a few more fans from other boards to drop by, (not that we don't like JQ, Ugly Duck, Joe Seahawk, etc.), I'll do without the troll posting. I also visit the Raven's board (have several friends who post there) and it's just full of Squeeler trolls this week...THAT part I can happily do without.

Anyway, welcome again. Here's to a great game Sunday.

Chiefs 30 Seasquawks 12.

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

AustinChief
10-28-2000, 01:42 PM
Heartless somesofbiches! Not even a goodbye post can pass by the PravdaBBA!

Welcome to the CHIEFS BB!

Baby Lee
10-28-2000, 08:49 PM
Welcome 12th man. Yes Denise's infatuation with having Gannon's love child gets old. But what infuriates me more, Well not infuriates but annoys me is that she has two favorite teams. KC and Oakland. Which is incomprehensible to me. Her logic baffles me.

sd4chiefs
10-28-2000, 09:44 PM
Welcome, 12th man. I think you'll find out you don't really miss that BB too much. Heck, all my "friends" came over here in the early hours of the revolution!

AZ

sd4chiefs
10-28-2000, 09:44 PM
Welcome, 12th man. I think you'll find out you don't really miss that BB too much. Heck, all my "friends" came over here in the early hours of the revolution!

AZ

Bishop's_Girl
10-28-2000, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome.

To a free society and Chiefs football...

10-31-2000, 10:47 PM
Yup Think I will have to agree with removing the bookmark.

Made the sad mistake of going to the other BB and reading, then saw my name mentioned so I jumped in and agreed with someone from here about all the negativity, and guess who jumped into insult me just for old times sake?

JOhn Edwards (Fan_in_Wyoming), 10/31/00 10:34 pm (reply 11 of 13)
Awww Denise so nice to see you are you ussual sarcastic self.

kinda nice to see you are so insulting, even when I have said nothing about you. Oh well must be the knee jerk (fill in the blank) reaction huh?

Denise (Sofeisty), 10/31/00 10:31 pm (reply 10 of 13)
You can take the boy out of the BB but can't take the BB out of the boy...

I guess some people must have some rather sorry lives to continue to frequent a place where they claimed to have left but still can't seem to live without.

I didn't even notice this dude was gone, did you?

But I did have a good conversation with a very nice and entertaining poster, of course he's from here...lol

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 10:58 PM
JOhn - I sadly am much more sarcastic over there then I used to be, and am much more easily amused. If there was anything going on here I would be posting here tonight.

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:00 PM
Well, that was good for a laugh. I guess Denise looks in on us from time to time. Ain't that sweet.

Don't sweat it, JOhn. I'm happy over here, and think the rest of us who made the switch are happy over here. Just let 'em go.

I must confess to posting over there twice since the split. Felt dirty afterwards. Think I'll remove that bookmark, too.

Have a GOod night!

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:01 PM
JOhn - Also considering that she said she was never coming over here and she lurks and reads our posts and then has posted over here once, well, does hypocracy come to mind?

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:06 PM
Morph, when did she post here? I missed it. Hypocrasy in action, to say the least.

Once upon a time I tried to play peacemaker, but to hell with it. Who cares what the Raiderette thinks? She probably stuck a Raiders bumper sticker on DT's casket at the Arrowhead visitation.

Well, the BNC is kicking me off the computer. I'll be back later.

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:08 PM
Fraz - She said she posted over here, I'm not sure that I saw it.

10-31-2000, 11:12 PM
Denise (Sofeisty), 10/31/00 11:04 pm (reply 23 of 27)
Wrong again, I read it everyday...I just don't post to the board other than the Admin page where I had a question about the picks.
<BR>

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:14 PM
JOhn - Nice cut and paste!

10-31-2000, 11:20 PM
Morph funny thing is, I stopped to make an observation about a post there, which was made by someone here (?), and I get SLAMMED!!!

I havn't been this ticked off posting in along time.<P>

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:21 PM
I feel like I'm being watched.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
Frazod

10-31-2000, 11:24 PM
You ever notice how good a certian poster is at trying to insult you, then trying to make it look as if you are paranoid?

Morp maybe I need to be on medication also?

(DENISE, I hope you enjoy the attention, and try not to gloat to much on the fact we are talking about this when you read this, either now or tommrow http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif )

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:27 PM
JOhn - LOL! I feel that if someone wants to just lurk and not stand up for themselves then I'm not going to get all bent out of shape hiding my feelings. She was the one who used to dwell on how things were viewed by the public.

Bishop's_Girl
10-31-2000, 11:27 PM
You guys are so right.

The other board has devolved into nothing more than an online soap opera.

And, In the spirit of soap operas, that board should be renamed to "Denise's Hope" (ala Ryan's Hope).

GO CHIEFS!! not raiders.

10-31-2000, 11:32 PM
12th you might owe me a new keyboard!!!!

I just spewed my Mt Dew over that ROFLMAO

"Denise's hope"

that is GOOD!!!!!!!

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:38 PM
Morphius would like to second renaming the other BB to "Denise's Hope", so now instead of typing StarBB, we will call it Denise's Hope.

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:38 PM
Hey 12th man, who were you before? I don't remember your handle from the dark days.

------------------
Frazod

10-31-2000, 11:42 PM
do "Phillip Kloster (KPhobia)" & steven bohall (stevieray) post over here?

Or are the still stuck in the waste land?

(FYI they are 2 of the 3 decent posters I have TALKED to over ther)

Morph I didn't mean that the way it came across http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif<BR>

Bishop's_Girl
10-31-2000, 11:43 PM
Frazod:

Jason Ernzen and his multiple personality snitch from work, Cathy.

JUST KIDDING.

Same as it is now.

GO CHIEFS!!

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:43 PM
Some suggestions for soap opera titles for old BB (really getting into the spirit of this silliness): http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The Raiding Light
As the World Trolls
All Denise's Children
General Troll Hospital
Search for Tomorrow's Raiders
One Life to Live... for the Raiders!

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:44 PM
JOhn - Stevieray might post over here on occasion and Kphobia does a lot. I also like andyfools posts as well and would like to see him over here.

Bishop's_Girl
10-31-2000, 11:47 PM
Frazod:

Dude, three quick points.

1. It aint silly if it's true.

2. ROTFLMAO

3. Don't let JOhn red your title suggestions while drinking Mt Dew. That will be the second keyboard he has ruined in only 10 minutes.

GO CHIEFS!!

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-31-2000, 11:48 PM
Come on, JOhn. You don't recognize my handle?

Phil

10-31-2000, 11:50 PM
DOH!!!

Morph I knew that as soon as I posted it ..lol

(just wndering if my other personalities are logging on when I'm not "here")

[This message has been edited by JOhn (edited 10-31-2000).]

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:50 PM
Good point, 12th. JOhn, put the Mountain Dew down and slowly back away from the keyboard....

10-31-2000, 11:51 PM
12th

"second keyboard he has ruined in only 10 minutes"

LOL not hardly, but my wife wish's LOL

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:53 PM
JOhn - There are a few people I can't stand, it is pretty easy to tell who they are, but I will not name names.

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-31-2000, 11:57 PM
I'll name them for Packard:

Meeller & 515

milkman
10-31-2000, 11:58 PM
Phil, who the hell is "Meeler"?

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2000, 12:01 AM
Kloster - One of those is a maybe, but I can say that there are some others, though they could be harder to guess.

11-01-2000, 12:01 AM
Well guys you know what we have done don't you?

We have given them more to "chat about"

(KCSTAR BB members enjoy, hope it keeps you entertained tommrow)

goodnight everyone

(yes, you to Denise)

LOL

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-01-2000, 12:06 AM
Meeler is just a hispanic twist on the guy's real name. I'm not going to post it but it's been well documented that he and 515 are a couple of the most deluded individuals on the other board.....

milkman
11-01-2000, 12:11 AM
Allllrighty then... I find myself wondering why I asked in the first place. I don't think I'll be losing sleep over any of our little cyber-enemies.

This all reminds me of something I said to the ex of one of my best friends. After dumping him and breaking his heart, she tried to be all buddy-buddy with me and pump me for information about him. I said the following and walked away:

"I wish you well, but I wish you well ELSEWHERE."

chiefinbc
11-01-2000, 12:18 AM
This is a good post with a lot of solid, and funny replies.#4...ain't that the truth. I was a CHIEF AND COWBOY fan until about 1968, but hey, I was only 7. To be a Chief AND Raider fan--it's about a 10/90 split, as far as I can tell--is pathetic. I liked Gannon when he was in K.C., too, but I hope we beat the piss out of him this Sunday...and when we do, both teams will see that the new boss is the same as the old boss...

KC Hawke
11-01-2000, 01:07 AM
I would like to say that this board is clearly better than that other board.

I posted on there that I was pissed when the fans cheered when they announced Gannon's name at the game, and that I thought it might have given the Raider's a lift knowing they were being led by a fan favorite..on the road, and everyone accused me of blaming the loss on the fans. Not true.

I hardly ever post because my previous posts on the other board were never responded to, because I was not a regular. Whatever.

BTW, any Chiefs fans who cheer Gannon when he plays the Chiefs (excluding family)suck.

Just one fan's opinion.

htismaqe
11-01-2000, 07:54 AM
just for old times sake, I thought I'd point out what we're missing...

There's a certain person on the other BB up in arms because the Raider Fan that stabbed the Chargers Fan and got caught on video ~ was identified in the press as a Raider Fan!!!

There is no way I can try to imitate the circular reasoning that goes into her argument that he should have been identified as a Football Fan (period), but she was chastizing posters that disagreed with her (of course).

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to identify the assailant as a Raiders Fan ~ anyone stupid enough to do that on TV would have to be a Raiders Fan.

Luz
thought about posting that over there, and then thought, "why bother"...

darkchief
11-01-2000, 08:22 AM
That board really bites. The last time I went there, half the topics were Rams fans & the other half were either about the Raiderette or posted by her. I know she just loves getting all that attention which makes it even more disgusting. The really sorry thing is that she doesn't know jack about football besides what team Rich Gannon plays for.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

htismaqe
11-01-2000, 08:41 AM
mizzou5,

I know it's difficult, but try not to hold it against her personally.

At some point, it has to become amusing. I have had few opportunities to observe a mind that thinks in the way that her's does. I think it has given me tremendous insight into realizing the mind-set of her type of personality.

I'm not trying to play psychologist here, and I'm not trying to denegrate her; it's just that there are some people that I will never understand and she is defenitly one of them.

When we post on a BB we become public figures of a sort. I have never agreed with the philosophy that says all public figures are fair game for any vitrol or abuse they might receive, but on the other hand, if I see a comment that is amusing to me (or just plain silly) I have no problem pointing that out. I also have no problem stating that someone is just plain wrong.

So don't let her (or anyone's) antics get you down. Be of good cheer and hope that someday the blind will see.

Luz
feeling philisophical this morning...

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2000, 08:44 AM
Luz - The big difference is really easy to see, over here that post gets 24 replies, on the other BB I got 149.

Fanatic - The key to getting people to respond is to have a realy good thread title, sometimes if people don't know you and the title is vague they will skip it. Another problem is that sometimes everyone agrees with you, so there is nothing more to say. The best way to get responses is to say something so stupid that everyone must point out your stupidity, but whatever facts get pointed out to you, you must ignore them at all costs and don't ever waiver on your feeling. I think you get the point http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

chiefsfan58
11-01-2000, 08:46 AM
12th: Welcome to the BB. I'm glad you came over from the dark side! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Lurker Brett
11-01-2000, 08:53 AM
I will admit I do drop in over on the other BB from time to time, mainly to see what Denise is up to.

For months I have admired how her views will change depending on the circumstances of the current topic. She has embraced the label "teflon woman" like no other I have ever seen. My favorite threads are when even the level-headed gaz cannot make her admit a mistake.

I guess I am a Denise roadie. And for those that would admonish me for posting about Denise on this board without her being here to defend herself remember one thing...this is the kind of post she would like.

darkchief
11-01-2000, 08:53 AM
Luz,

As long as she stays over there & keep away from this board, I'll never be down. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2000, 09:03 AM
Lyon - At the BB get together Denise said something along the lines that she wasn't on the BB to debate her opinion, that she believed what she believed and nobody was going to change that.

I think that pretty much sums up why she is labeled as frustrating, in a fair debate logic applies, but when someone goes in with the attitude that no matter how many ways you show me that I'm wrong your not changing my mind, it is impossible to accomplish anything other then finger cramps.

Bwana
11-01-2000, 09:09 AM
lyons - haha I'm pretty sure that comment was directed towards me, but I've given up on defending her. When I thought she was sticking to her statement of not coming over to this board, I didn't think it was fair to bash her without her even knowing it. But now that I know she's over here reading everything....how could I keep defending that?? Say whatever you want, she has the opportunity to stand up for herself.

Shannon

AustinChief
11-01-2000, 09:10 AM
I lurk in that other place now and then, and am guilty of posting once in a great while... But the results are always the same... we're elitists; we don't play by the rules; and now, the race/bigotry card was played... That's extreme in my book. And at extremes you cannot debate ideas... It's just best you saddle up and ride on to a better panorama!

Lurker Brett
11-01-2000, 09:10 AM
For someone that is not on the board to debate she sure does do a lot of it. Maybe she just can't help herself. It looks to me that she starts controversial topics to spark debate.

While she might claim to not swaying on any given topic it is fun to watch someone catch her waffling, point it out, only to have the teflon defense shield deflect all charges.

I think that's why I am a roadie. It's fun to watch.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2000, 09:13 AM
JOhn - When you get a chance check out posts 61,62,64 and 65 on the "Gee NOTHING has changed" thread, I think you might get a giggle on a table turner.

Lurker Brett
11-01-2000, 09:21 AM
Shannon, I have always felt that Denise relishes any press she gets, both positive and negative. I have never met her so this is only my opinion.

Your defense of her is/was honorable. Feel free to defend me anytime from the ruffians of the board. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Bwana
11-01-2000, 09:28 AM
lyons - LOL, I'll defend ya any chance I get.

And for the most part, I think you're right about Denise enjoying attention, whether positive or negative. What is so annoying is that she is really a great person when you meet her. I enjoyed talking to her at the BB gatherings. It's like she has some alter-ego when she gets on a BB.

11-01-2000, 09:37 AM
Morph,
you ARE DA MAN!!!!!!!!

god that was funny!!!!!

You know after a good nights sleep, That board STILL PISSES me off.

oh well guess i'm just to sensitive http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Funny thing is the only threads on that borad with over 50 posts is that thread, and your on Denise...

things that make you go hummmmm

11-01-2000, 09:42 AM
Shannon,
How true on the alter ego. Which is REALLY sad http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif I too enjoyed talking to Denise at the gathering, but the more I see and read her posts, I'm convinced it was an ACT!!

hope see didn't hurt herself to much coming down to our level at the get togather.

AustinChief
11-01-2000, 09:54 AM
One last shot from you-know-who on the other BB:

Denise 515 (Denise515), 11/01/00 08:45 am (reply 150 of 153)
"I'm actually quiet comfortable with the 'regulars' who still hang here...

they are the best gang of cyber buddies around.

I find the classless ones I referred to in the original post are long gone...or at least they pretend they are. "

- - - -
At this point I just feel sorry for her... I think she's stuck in a state-of-mind that I do not care for...
(Of course, my state of mind isn't to be admired either!)<BR>