PDA

View Full Version : Football The Superbowl reading of the Declaration of Indenpendence was Mind Blowing!

chris
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
WOW!

What a great way to share what is really important.

Everyone in the room was clapping when it finished.

Those 56 dudes signing that document were very brave men.

I hope I can find it on YouTube.

God Bless America!

kstater
02-06-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241288

chris
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241288

Too bad you disagree that I felt it was too important to be buried in an existing thread.

Enjoy the game.

-King-
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
It was kind of pointless though.

Jenson71
02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
What happened?

Brock
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
What was the purpose of that?

chris
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
What happened?

Numerous NFL, military and others read through doc in different scenery with music.

In prime time TV.

Thought it was nicely done.

56 guys signed against the greatest military power in the world. Now days, they would have received a cruise missile or such though their window. Very brave dudes.

Donger
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Please move to DC.

Jenson71
02-06-2011, 10:13 PM
How'd I miss that? It was during the Halftime Show?

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
How'd I miss that? It was during the Halftime Show?
Look at what time the thread was started.

DTLB58
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
It was kind of pointless though.

Yep, Had zero to do with football. Just kind of out of the blue. I don't get it. :spock:

Better suited for a 4th of July Celebration.

Chiefs Rool
it's not like it means anything nowadays

chris
Please move to DC.

Reading of the Declaration of Independence deserves to go to that hell hole? :)

Shaid
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Please move to DC.

Really? DC? I've got no problem with them reading the Declaration of Independence like they did. They could have been asses and just filled the time with more advertising and made some extra money. I always like a little pride in your country before games. We sign the National Anthem before them as well and I hope we always will.

Chiefshrink
02-07-2011, 12:11 AM
it's not like it means anything nowadays

Seriously?:spock: Are you that clueless and checked out?

It was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE "WE THE PEOPLE" MOMENT! It was perfect timing especially for what is going on in the world right now and moreso what is happening in our country with our freedoms and liberties being stripped on a daily basis from "We The People" by our Fed Govt as we speak. It was a reminder to who we are as "We The People" and a suttle but very firm warning to our Fed Govt IMO.

I would like to know whose idea it was to do this:thumb:

Thig Lyfe
02-07-2011, 12:33 AM
They should have read Tecumseh's address to William Henry Harrison instead.

jAZ
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Tea Party Super Bowl huh? I missed it.

Chiefs Rool
02-07-2011, 01:33 AM

It was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE "WE THE PEOPLE" MOMENT! It was perfect timing especially for what is going on in the world right now and moreso what is happening in our country with our freedoms and liberties being stripped on a daily basis from "We The People" by our Fed Govt as we speak. It was a reminder to who we are as "We The People" and a suttle but very firm warning to our Fed Govt IMO.

lol, it's "we the big corporations" and that's that. they have 100% control.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Seems like they mentioned that this has been done every year since 9/11? :shrug:

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2011, 04:25 AM
You misspelled Independence. Obviously you aren't a Patriot and must be shot.

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2011, 04:28 AM
I'd rather have seen Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann licking each other.

Guru
02-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I thought it was funny that Roger Goodell talked about unity after it was over.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 05:52 AM
I'd rather have seen Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann licking each other. Hey i'd do Sara, as long as I could stuff a rag in her mouth first

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Hey i'd do Sara, as long as I could stuff a rag in her mouth first
Ah,gagging. We should have a fetish forum on CP. Mods, how about it?

KC Tattoo
02-07-2011, 06:35 AM
I like it. It shows the rest of the world we are America & we are bad ass. Hell think about it no Declaration of Independence No American football & no Super Bowls, no baseball or basketball, no rock & roll.

Count Zarth
02-07-2011, 06:38 AM
It was retarded and over-dramatic. The average citizen doesn't give a fuck.

It shows the rest of the world we are America & we are bad ass.

ROFL

America! Fuck Yeah!

Jenson71
02-07-2011, 06:40 AM

LMAO

Jenson71
02-07-2011, 06:47 AM
They didn't even read the whole thing! They left out my favorite parts!

chris
02-07-2011, 06:51 AM
It was retarded and over-dramatic. The average citizen doesn't give a ****.

ROFL

America! **** Yeah!

So you are admitting you are average?

(That was too easy; couldn't resist.) :)

chris
02-07-2011, 06:51 AM

True. true.

But better than nothing.

Jenson71
02-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Looks good to me.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ctKRPq2cPDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rad
02-07-2011, 07:16 AM
It was retarded and over-dramatic. The average citizen doesn't give a ****.

If true, then that's all the more reason it needed to be shown......but I think you're wrong.

chris
02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Looks good to me.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ctKRPq2cPDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for finding!

-King-
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
If true, then that's all the more reason it needed to be shown......but I think you're wrong.

Why does it need to be shown? It was pointless.
Posted via Mobile Device

jAZ
02-07-2011, 09:31 AM

Yep, Fox Tea Party News's Super Bowl moment.

jAZ
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I take it they skipped the idea of reading the Constitution entirely for fear of having to tell black players, coaches and fans that they were at one time 3/5th of a person.

rad
02-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Why does it need to be shown? It was pointless.
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y24eaAjTHSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I take it they skipped the idea of reading the Constitution entirely for fear of having to tell black players, coaches and fans that they were at one time 3/5th of a person.

Hey! It was a COMPROMISE, man! Come on!

stevieray
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
that's not true.

3/5 was about representation, not persons.

chris
02-07-2011, 10:05 AM

shows how far we have come as a Nation.

Lame comment.

Donger
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
You can take jAZ out of DC, but...

Brock

They didn't read the constitution.

-King-

:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

rad
02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

No shit...........startin' to stink like DC in here. Worse than Updog.

Donger
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM
They didn't read the constitution.

LMAO

Sure, but why let that pesky fact stand in the way of a good rant?

MahiMike
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
We're forgetting how many countries watch the Superbowl. It was probably meant for all the Muslims to see our glory.

Pawnmower
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks good to me.

Sacred Honor.

Something very few have today.

MOhillbilly
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
My blood.
We were searching for the parents of Angelina Whitehead, in Oswego County NY. It turned out that her grandfather, Ezra Trim, was a Revolutionary War veteran via Connecticut and New York. Briefly, his family moved from CT to Dutchess Co, NY and then to PA on the frontier at Lackawaxen in 1762/63. Unfortunately, the Moses’ family was attacked in October 1763 by the Delaware Indians, allies of the French (enemies of the Iroquois). The mother Rebecca was killed, as were several of their children. Ezra, at the age of 13, along with a brother, was captured by the Indians and taken to Canada. Along the way, apparently, the older brother could not keep up and was killed.
September 1764 newspaper accounts relate the release of several captives, including young Ezra Trim, through the efforts of Sir William Johnson, who had just returned from Fort Niagara. Ezra was returned to Connecticut, and it appears he lived with a cousin prior to moving to Dutchess County, New York. In the Revolutionary War he served in the Continental Line from CT, and then in several units from NY. He received a pension and is mentioned on a DAR Monument in Palmyra, NY.

rad
02-07-2011, 10:44 AM
My blood.
We were searching for the parents of Angelina Whitehead, in Oswego County NY. It turned out that her grandfather, Ezra Trim, was a Revolutionary War veteran via Connecticut and New York. Briefly, his family moved from CT to Dutchess Co, NY and then to PA on the frontier at Lackawaxen in 1762/63. Unfortunately, the Moses’ family was attacked in October 1763 by the Delaware Indians, allies of the French (enemies of the Iroquois). The mother Rebecca was killed, as were several of their children. Ezra, at the age of 13, along with a brother, was captured by the Indians and taken to Canada. Along the way, apparently, the older brother could not keep up and was killed.
September 1764 newspaper accounts relate the release of several captives, including young Ezra Trim, through the efforts of Sir William Johnson, who had just returned from Fort Niagara. Ezra was returned to Connecticut, and it appears he lived with a cousin prior to moving to Dutchess County, New York. In the Revolutionary War he served in the Continental Line from CT, and then in several units from NY. He received a pension and is mentioned on a DAR Monument in Palmyra, NY.

Weird.......I live 1 county away from Dutchess Co.

Okie_Apparition
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Many an american died for my right not to have to listen. I turned that shit off right after I saluted the screen. I hope Palin dug up Ronnie and gave the old gipper a birthday hummer.

Jenson71
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM

No, they skipped the list of grievances against George.

Understandable, really.