PDA

View Full Version : Tickets I'd be pissed and proof Jerry Jones is a jackass

Fat Elvis
02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-angryfans020611

You buy tickets to the Superbowl and then get told you can't use the seats because they aren't completed? Did they not know that they were scheduled to host the Super Bowl today? It is inexcusable to not be prepared to seat the fans to whom you've sold tickets.

FAX
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
ROFL

FAX

mcaj22
02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
what's terrible about this is that they are only offering like 3x the refund of the FACE VALUE of the ticket.

So people that paid say like internet prices or prices in the thousands for them maybe last minute or something wont truly get their money back in this situation.

Absolutely awful.

KevB
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
what's terrible about this is that they are only offering like 3x the refund of the FACE VALUE of the ticket.

So people that paid say like internet prices or prices in the thousands for them maybe last minute or something wont truly get their money back in this situation.

Absolutely awful.

In addition to airfare, room and food while they've been there. 3X seems a slap in the face considering the amount of money everyone involved will be making on the Super Bowl.

Superturtle
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Pretty scumbaggish of Jones to pull that shit.

chiefforlife
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd be pretty pissed off too, but I doubt Jerry Jones handles the seating assignments.

Pioli Zombie
02-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey Jerry, I expect that from Delta Airlines, not the NFL.

petegz28
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd be pretty pissed off too, but I doubt Jerry Jones handles the seating assignments.

The way he is, I wouldn't doubt it if he was in charge of them.

loochy
02-06-2011, 05:14 PM
LOL at everyone involved.

Art Vader
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
SuperFail

Ebolapox
02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd be so fucking livid...

gblowfish
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Super lawsuits coming.

Great Expectations
02-06-2011, 08:33 PM
How funny would it be if one of the ticket holders was from the Visa commercial?

CoMoChief
02-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Super lawsuits coming.

yup

alnorth
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
aparently the people who didn't get seats were let in shortly after the game started and were able to watch the game on platforms near ground level at each corner of the field.

It would suck to stand for the whole thing, but that sounds like a pretty cool view. Given the money on top of it, I think I would decide not to bother sueing if I were one of them.

GloryDayz
02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow... Not a problem we Chiefs need to worry about!! Sorry!!

Bill Parcells
02-06-2011, 09:07 PM
By Dan Graziano (http://www.fanhouse.com/staff/dan-graziano/)
Senior NFL Writer | Follow on Twitter: @DanGrazianoAOL (http://twitter.com/#!/DanGrazianoAOL)

ARLINGTON, Texas -- North Texas has had as rough a week as any Super Bowl (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/superbowl) host city in recent memory, from constant malfunctions at its overwhelmed headquarters hotel to its incompetent handling of the snowy, icy weather. But the latest mess has struck inside the stadium, where the NFL has apparently sold people seats that don't actually exist.

About two hours before kickoff, the NFL (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/) issued a statement saying that some of the temporary seating sections being installed for the game weren't yet finished.

"We are working to resolve the matter and expect that by game time most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats," the statement read. "Those fans that are affected by this will be directed to the Party Plaza area while the matter is resolved. Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. We regret the situation."

The seats at issue are apparently in new sections that were being set up just for this game. But in spite of the Cowboys (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/dallas/cowboys) not having played a home game in 50 days and this game having been scheduled four years ago, somehow not all of the seats have actually been set up. Several sections of temporary seating remained covered in black tarps with less than two hours left before the game's scheduled kickoff. NFL spokesperson Michael Signora said the seats in question cost $900 apiece -- the NFL said that while a total of 1,250 seats were initially affected, 850 people were relocated to similar or better seats and 400 fans were told they would not be accommodated. The league said those 400 would each receive $2,700, which is three times the face value of their ticket.

"It easily cost us $10,000 dollars, between plane tickets, staying here, taking time off. And they want to give us three times the ticket value?" asked Matthew Rush (pictured above), a longtime Steelers season-ticket holder who was expecting to attend his third Steelers Super Bowl in the last five years.

"They talk about the 'NFL Experience,' but our NFL experience, quite frankly, sucked."

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2011/02/050611-sbletter-200.jpg

Rush said they were herded like Texas cattle from Cowboys Stadium to the neighboring Rangers Ballpark in Arlington and back before they were finally allowed inside the gate.

"We had people with us that are handicapped, who are elderly. We have literally been here since 2:30 and we still have no clue of what's going on,'' Steeler fan Michael Moore said about a half hour before kickoff.

Once there, they received a single form letter (above), with no letterhead, informing them they would not have a seat that they had already paid for.

"Please be advised," the letter read, "that due to unforeseen conditions, the installation of temporary seating for Super Bowl XLV was not fully completed and your assigned seat is unavailable for today's game. The NFL and Cowboys Stadium sincerely regret this inconvenience."

"That's it, no explanation, nothing, Rush said.

Rush said that a website, SuperBowlsuit.com (http://www.superbowlsuit.com/), has already been started and class action suit would soon follow.

"It wasn't about the money," Rush said. "It was about being here to support our team. But we are going to make it about the money."

The NFL said the 400 fans in sections 425A and 430A that were not able to be accommodated with seats were taken inside the stadium to watch the game on monitors in the North Field Club behind the Pittsburgh bench. They also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium.

"I could have stayed home and watched the game and saved a lot of money," Rush said.

The league said it routinely holds back tickets for games in the event problems should arise. The Cowboys and the NFL itself also returned tickets

(http://twitter.com/dangrazianoaol)Earlier in the day, fans arriving at the game were dealing with major traffic and other logistical issues getting to the stadium because four entrances remained closed due to the possibility of snow and ice sliding off the stadium roof. Workers were injured last week when snow and ice slid off the roof and crashed to the ground while the stadium was being prepared for the game.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who spent $1.2 billion to build this stadium, had been hoping to set a Super Bowl attendance record and show off the building in front of a worldwide audience. Instead, the entire week has been a complete embarrassment to Jones, the NFL and communities involved. The Super Bowl will surely return here someday, but it'll be because of corporate money and the quality of the stadium -- not because anybody did anything right here in 2011.

-- FanHouse's Matt Romanoski and Dave Goldberg contributed to this report.
http://nfl.fanhouse....t-enough-seats/ (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/02/06/latest-dallas-super-bowl-fiasco-not-enough-seats/)

DTLB58
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Plus he doesn't set the record. :D

That didn't work out, either: Attendance was announced at 103,219, just short of the record 103,985 who turned out at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., for the 1980 Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81e29787/article/nfl-vows-refunds-for-400-fans-ousted-from-super-bowl-seats?module=HP_headlines

Valiant
02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Super lawsuits coming.

Yeah it is pretty much fail in what happened.. But they did not force these people to go buy third party tickets at 3k..

An apology and 3x face value seems more then fair to me..

Phobia
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah it is pretty much fail in what happened.. But they did not force these people to go buy third party tickets at 3k..

An apology and 3x face value seems more then fair to me..

Sure it does - that's because you're not out money of your pocket.

Victims are going to have very little trouble proving damages. I'm not a huge fan of tort suits but this one is clearly the fault of the NFL.

Valiant
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Victims are going to have very little trouble proving damages. I'm not a huge fan of tort suits but this one is clearly the fault of the NFL.

I agree it is the fault of the NFL in not having the seats and getting adequate payback is in order.. But saying I paid 2x/3x/10x ticket value does not matter.. That is not the NFL's fault that they paid over face value..

Phobia
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I agree it is the fault of the NFL in not having the seats and getting adequate payback is in order.. But saying I paid 2x/3x/10x ticket value does not matter.. That is not the NFL's fault that they paid over face value..

What about people who bought a $10k package from a travel agent or other broker? If they can prove what they spent the NFL should be liable and they should pay damages for the wasted weekend and the missed opportunity. But, the NFL should not pay some dude who claims he spent $8k cash to a scalper... I agree with that.

Bambi
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
really? They're all getting $2400 each and got to hang out in the lounge club areas and watch the games. I'd take it.

BossChief
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
These people should be given full reimbursement for whatever it cost them to attend the event as well as complimentary tickets for next year and the 3x refund for the face value of the actual tickets.

If they would have notified the ticket holders a week or two ago, at least then the people wouldnt have the cost of travel associated with something like this and could cancel their plans.

Bob Dole
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM

What? You mean it's not legal to sell stuff you don't really have?

Phobia
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
really? They're all getting $2400 each and got to hang out in the lounge club areas and watch the games. I'd take it.

No they didn't. The 500ish they let in did not get the money. The 400 who were locked out got the $2400.

Phobia
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
What? You mean it's not legal to sell stuff you don't really have?

It's all very confusing. Sports is supposed to teach us valuable life lessons about competing, friendship, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Instead we have situations like this and then situations where players who are not actually paid get disqualified because they sold some things that belonged to them.

Guru
02-07-2011, 05:38 AM
So they are giving them 3X the money for their ticket but nothing for travel expenses? WTF? Thats bullshit.

InChiefsHell
02-07-2011, 05:50 AM
No they didn't. The 500ish they let in did not get the money. The 400 who were locked out got the $2400.

They were 900.00 tickets, so they get $2700 fwiw. Can you imagine being the poor bastard who has to show these people to their "seats" and shuttle them around?

Somebody really screwed up here. I'd really like to hear the explanation but I have to point at Jerry Jones, and just laugh my ass off.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 05:57 AM
They were 900.00 tickets, so they get $2700 fwiw. Can you imagine being the poor bastard who has to show these people to their "seats" and shuttle them around?

Somebody really screwed up here. I'd really like to hear the explanation but I have to point at Jerry Jones, and just laugh my ass off.
All teh makings of a Master card comercial
New stadium
Hosting the SB
Missing seats and Ice injuries...Priceless

gblowfish
02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Super lawsuits coming.

Nailed it.

Fans file suit against NFL and Cowboys over Super Bowl seating
http://tinyurl.com/68ot3r7

By Chris Chase

Fans whose Super Bowl plans were altered by seating problems at Super Bowl XLV have filed a lawsuit against the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones. The lawsuit alleges breach of contract, fraud and deceptive sales practices.

The Dallas News reports that the plantiffs are seeking $5 million from the NFL. Up to 1,000 fans may join the suit.

Some of the complaints are legitimate (the 400 fans who didn't end up having a seat to the game, for instance) while others come off as a bit forced (some season-ticket holders weren't aware they'd be in temporary seats).

"Unfortunately, not all of the ticket-holders to Super Bowl XLV got what they bargained for or what was promised to them," the lawsuit states.

Since most of my legal knowledge was accrued from watching old episodes of "Matlock," I can't speak on whether or not the fans have a case. (But if not getting what you bargained for at an NFL game is grounds for a lawsuit, then lawyers in Cincinnati and Detroit are going to be awfully busy soon.) They don't need to have a case, though. The NFL can't get into a legal battle with fans because it would be a public relations disaster. Lawyers on both sides know this, which is why it's never going to go to trial. They'll settle way before that.

The league screwed up twice: first by not having Cowboys Stadium ready, and second by its inadequate offer of repentance which would give fans $2,400 and was later amended to include a ticket to next year's Super Bowl or an option to take a ticket to a future Super Bowl, airfare and hotel included. This wasn't a negotiation. The NFL should have made the fans an offer they couldn't refuse up front. Now it'll end up having to pay more than they would have originally needed.

Let's not mourn for these aggrieved fans. When it comes down to it, they missed a football game and now they're trying to cash in on it. The NFL would be wise to refund any and all money the fans spent to get to Dallas and into the game, hook them up with tickets and VIP access to see their favorite team play a game next season, and maybe throw in some spending money for their trouble. The quicker this gets out of the media the better. We have a lockout to focus on, after all.

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Well, paying $1700-$3000 for tickets with a face value of $800 is a bit insane to me in the first place.

But, this really was less of a Jerry Jones thing... it was more of an NFL thing. The NFL and NFL security was running the show for the last month, controlling who gets in and who gets out of the stadium and what happens. I'm not sticking up for Jerry, I've got no reason to... but, it's not really his fault.

loochy
02-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, paying $1700-$3000 for tickets with a face value of $800 is a bit insane to me in the first place.

Yeah, it's pretty retarded. If they don't win the lawsuit I don't really feel all that bad for them. However, I would love to see the league and/or Jerry lose this battle.

But, this really was less of a Jerry Jones thing... it was more of an NFL thing. The NFL and NFL security was running the show for the last month, controlling who gets in and who gets out of the stadium and what happens. I'm not sticking up for Jerry, I've got no reason to... but, it's not really his fault.

Oh well. It's fun to blame Jerry anyway. That's what all of Dallas does every year when the Cowboys inevitably fail.

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Based on what I heard... they all were in the lounges, they just didn't "see the game live". They were watching in VIP lounge areas on big TVs.

Then, they were allowed to go out on the field after the game. They also received a number of gifts from the SB, as well as the $2400 and a ticket to next year's SB.

Did some of them still lose out because they spent $5,000 on an $800 ticket? Yes, but the NFL didn't set that price and the fan paid it.

The NFL (according to local news) was also aware of this possible issue 3-4 days BEFORE gameday, yet they decided to wait and hope for the best. Again, hate on Jerry all you like - he's given many reasons to do so - but this wasn't his call.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Based on what I heard... they all were in the lounges, they just didn't "see the game live". They were watching in VIP lounge areas on big TVs.

Then, they were allowed to go out on the field after the game. They also received a number of gifts from the SB, as well as the $2400 and a ticket to next year's SB.

Did some of them still lose out because they spent $5,000 on an $800 ticket? Yes, but the NFL didn't set that price and the fan paid it.

The NFL (according to local news) was also aware of this possible issue 3-4 days BEFORE gameday, yet they decided to wait and hope for the best. Again, hate on Jerry all you like - he's given many reasons to do so - but this wasn't his call.
You don't think Jerruh had any influence on pushing the seating capacity so HE could set a record for attendance in HIS stadium? Really?

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
You don't think Jerruh had any influence on pushing the seating capacity so HE could set a record for attendance in HIS stadium? Really?

That's not what I said... I said that NFL security controlled who got into and left that stadium for the month leading up to the game. There's more to the story than "the contractor just ran out of time to complete the railings" which resulted in the fire marshall saying they could not use those seats.

loochy
02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
and oh yeah...PROPS TO THE FIRE MARSHALL for sticking to his guns and saying NO. Hehe suckit.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
That's not what I said... I said that NFL security controlled who got into and left that stadium for the month leading up to the game. There's more to the story than "the contractor just ran out of time to complete the railings" which resulted in the fire marshall saying they could not use those seats.
So what's the part of the story we're not hearing?

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
So what's the part of the story we're not hearing?

I'm sure it will all unfold soon enough ... or it will just be one of those unsolved mysteries.

CoMoChief
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Well first you have to know which party wanted to set an all time SB attendence record....was it Jerry Jones or was it Roger Goodell and the NFL???

I mean either way it was stupid for (whichever party) to sell SB tickets to seats that weren't even ready yet...not to mention such seats were nothing more than metal fold-up chairs.

The NFL (like NCAA among many other huge sports entities) are all about money these days. I'm not going to blame it all on inflation either. You used to be able to go to a Royals game for $15 and sit out in GA. Now it's double that and the seats are worse. Not to mention concession prices, in which you pay high dollar for crappy (and often under-cooked) overpriced bar-food.

No longer are sporting events family-financially friendly. It can cost well over $400 to take a family of 4 to a NFL game based on $80 ticket, $20 parking, and roughly $10 a person for food/drink. Why do that when you can save that money and watch the game at home in HD?

Pretty soon Americans are going to say enough is enough and I could see where NFL teams start playing games in televised studios and people having to purchase like a Sunday Ticket kinda thing. The NFL is one the brink of getting too big for it's own good...and you're starting to see it with the lockout talks etc.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm sure it will all unfold soon enough ... or it will just be one of those unsolved mysteries.
Well if you don't know the full story, how in the hell can you say there's more to it than what they're saying?

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Well if you don't know the full story, how in the hell can you say there's more to it than what they're saying?

I've heard things that make me think there's more to it... that's really about all I can say on it.

Bane
02-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Even the Fail is bigger in Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
02-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Nailed it.

Fans file suit against NFL and Cowboys over Super Bowl seating
http://tinyurl.com/68ot3r7

By Chris Chase

Fans whose Super Bowl plans were altered by seating problems at Super Bowl XLV have filed a lawsuit against the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones. The lawsuit alleges breach of contract, fraud and deceptive sales practices.

The Dallas News reports that the plantiffs are seeking $5 million from the NFL. Up to 1,000 fans may join the suit.

Some of the complaints are legitimate (the 400 fans who didn't end up having a seat to the game, for instance) while others come off as a bit forced (some season-ticket holders weren't aware they'd be in temporary seats).

"Unfortunately, not all of the ticket-holders to Super Bowl XLV got what they bargained for or what was promised to them," the lawsuit states.

Since most of my legal knowledge was accrued from watching old episodes of "Matlock," I can't speak on whether or not the fans have a case. (But if not getting what you bargained for at an NFL game is grounds for a lawsuit, then lawyers in Cincinnati and Detroit are going to be awfully busy soon.) They don't need to have a case, though. The NFL can't get into a legal battle with fans because it would be a public relations disaster. Lawyers on both sides know this, which is why it's never going to go to trial. They'll settle way before that.

The league screwed up twice: first by not having Cowboys Stadium ready, and second by its inadequate offer of repentance which would give fans $2,400 and was later amended to include a ticket to next year's Super Bowl or an option to take a ticket to a future Super Bowl, airfare and hotel included. This wasn't a negotiation. The NFL should have made the fans an offer they couldn't refuse up front. Now it'll end up having to pay more than they would have originally needed.

Let's not mourn for these aggrieved fans. When it comes down to it, they missed a football game and now they're trying to cash in on it. The NFL would be wise to refund any and all money the fans spent to get to Dallas and into the game, hook them up with tickets and VIP access to see their favorite team play a game next season, and maybe throw in some spending money for their trouble. The quicker this gets out of the media the better. We have a lockout to focus on, after all.

Fans are being a little greedy IMO.

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Even the Fail is bigger in Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dunno... I was at the game and aside from the 1200 people with the seat issues, it appeared to be one hell of an event. I watched the halftime show this morning and it did suck on TV, but it was great live.

Sounds like FOX had some production issues with the live broadcast, but overall ... I think the consensus was that people had a great time there.

Mile High Mania
02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Fans are being a little greedy IMO.

True. Yes, I believe they have a right to be pissed... and yes, the lawyers are being very opportunistic here... but, I think the NFL is compensating them very well.

I mean, seriously... these people want greater compensation for paying 5X or more face value for tickets?

Deberg_1990
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
True. Yes, I believe they have a right to be pissed... and yes, the lawyers are being very opportunistic here... but, I think the NFL is compensating them very well.

I mean, seriously... these people want greater compensation for paying 5X or more face value for tickets?

Exactly. Why cant some people just be happy?

kstater
02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Exactly. Why cant some people just be happy?

Imagine the Chiefs make the SB next year. You're excited, buy tickets from a broker, fly to Miami. Spend a bunch of money there. Get to the gate and are told to go stand in a fenced area. NFL offers you tickets to the next Chiefs SB appearance. You willing to wait 40 years to go see them play in it again?

kysirsoze
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one who gets that superbowlsuit.com site in white on light gray? I can't even read the damn thing.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Imagine the Chiefs make the SB next year. You're excited, buy tickets from a broker, fly to Miami. Spend a bunch of money there. Get to the gate and are told to go stand in a fenced area. NFL offers you tickets to the next Chiefs SB appearance. You willing to wait 40 years to go see them play in it again?
What choice do you have? Besides, there's not any amount of money that's going to make up for missing it. Sometimes you have to say tough luck and move on.

Deberg_1990
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM

I think the tickets offered were to next years Super Bowl in 2012.

Sure, it was a sucky situation, and the NFL and Jerry Jones are most definately in the wrong, but the compensation offered was fair IMO.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-09-2011, 05:58 PM
The Dallas News reports that the plantiffs are seeking $5 million from the NFL. Up to 1,000 fans may join the suit.Wait a minute here...

Let's say they win their suit, and the lawyers get half.

$2,500,000/1000 fans = $2,500 per fan

As usual, the only ones that win are the lawyers.

Valiant
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Wait a minute here...

Let's say they win their suit, and the lawyers get half.

$2,500,000/1000 fans = $2,500 per fan

As usual, the only ones that win are the lawyers.

Yeah I would love it if the fans tell them no to the 3x money + future superbowl ticket and decide to try and cash in on the suit and end up getting way less..

Gee, tons of gifts + being at the stadium seeing a partial game, + 3x ticket price back, + future superbowl ticket for having to watch on a lounge tv???

KCBOSS1
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
He should be sued large and he will lose. This is far too big of a deal. Superbowl is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people. It is far more than the money for the seats. This is not just trotting over to Arrowhead for a home game 5 hour drive gone bad and $100 ticket. They should push this to super high profile. This is probably the worst sporting even fiasco that I've ever seen. Jerry's gonna pay big.

chiefzilla1501
02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Just compensation? Really? Most of these people are paying 3 times face value to buy a ticket second-handedly anyway. The fact is that these people paid a shitload on plane tickets, hotel fare, and overpriced restaurants all for an event they never got a chance to see. And if you're a Packers or Steelers fan, you really think a future Super Bowl (who knows when that will be) means anything? Oh, and great... those free tickets are great. Now I have to shell out over $1,000 of my money so I can get there, stay there, and eat there.

The compensation is bullshit, especially from an entity like the NFL that made a shitload of money off the Super Bowl. Especially when it's because they fucked up and didn't even have the courtesy of contacting these fans to let them know.

Just compensation would be 3x face value (to make sure that even "scalped" tickets recover full value), a fair compensation for several days to a week of expenses (hotel/airfare/food) for that one week. Then they should be promised free tickets to a future Super Bowl, free airfare / hotel accomodations, and enough money to cover reasonable food expenses. At the very least.

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Just compensation? Really? Most of these people are paying 3 times face value to buy a ticket second-handedly anyway. The fact is that these people paid a shitload on plane tickets, hotel fare, and overpriced restaurants all for an event they never got a chance to see. And if you're a Packers or Steelers fan, you really think a future Super Bowl (who knows when that will be) means anything? Oh, and great... those free tickets are great. Now I have to shell out over $1,000 of my money so I can get there, stay there, and eat there.

The compensation is bullshit, especially from an entity like the NFL that made a shitload of money off the Super Bowl. Especially when it's because they ****ed up and didn't even have the courtesy of contacting these fans to let them know.

Just compensation would be 3x face value (to make sure that even "scalped" tickets recover full value), a fair compensation for several days to a week of expenses (hotel/airfare/food) for that one week. Then they should be promised free tickets to a future Super Bowl, free airfare / hotel accomodations, and enough money to cover reasonable food expenses. At the very least.

The tickets are being paid back at 3X face, they were $800 tickets... the future SB tickets are for 2012. Pay attention.

Phobia
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
The tickets are being paid back at 3X face, they were $800 tickets... the future SB tickets are for 2012. Pay attention.

He's saying 3x value PLUS all the other demands. I happen to agree.

Over-Head
02-10-2011, 05:55 AM
IMO, each person affected should be allowed to present an accounting of what they spent, and be compensated for it.

A friend of mine was one of those affected.
He spent $1600 alone on airfare, another $350 on hotels for the weekend, plus a car rental and has a whole different story of what they told him down there, as opposed to whats being said in the news.
Their attitude game day (according to him) was
..."here , have a beer , go stand over there,STFU and be thankfull we even let you in with a ticket thats no good, whats the difference if you see it on a screen or from a seat, you'll get a better view of the game this way anyways AND your hear not home, Sorry your inconvienced, but thats the way it is..."
My pal all but decked the dude who told him that, and as he put it, "I accidently spilled my beer over his head, and said.."Gee sorry to inconvience ya, but thats the way it is".

At the very least Jones shoulda been coughing up Hotels for these people and comping them to the best Dallas has to offer for a few days PRIOR to working out a deal.
IMO Jones did squat, just like the steriotypical cheap Millionaire would.
He got his stadium, got his 15mins of fame for hosting it, and basically said,,gee wiz, sorry to inconvience ya, now **** off.

Perhaps this was just an isolated incident from one member of the SB staff who knows?? Either way it could have been handeled a lot better than Jones let it build up to

InChiefsHell
02-10-2011, 06:17 AM
The problem with the law suit is that the lawyers will make out like bandits, and the people who got screwed will wind up with less than what the NFL was going to offer them, after the blood sucking lawyers take their cut.

It seems to me that it was a pretty big screw up, and they offered 3X face value, a ticket with hotel and airfare to a future SB, got to sit in a VIP lounge to watch the game, and I'm sure the beer and everything else was on the house.

Good Lord, they're already getting a pretty damn good deal. A mistake was made, IMO they're being offered pretty good compensation for it.

LaDairis
02-10-2011, 07:51 AM
All one needs to know about what an arse Jerry Jones is can be had with one glimpse of who was in his special box in the stadium...

grandllama
02-10-2011, 08:25 AM

Wellll.... If you're headed to Miami next year, that would be your first mistake.

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
He's saying 3x value PLUS all the other demands. I happen to agree.

So, 3X face and then they should just be able to hand over any and all travel related receipts for that weekend (hotel, airfare, parking, gas, food, etc) and be compensated. Good luck...

RNR
02-10-2011, 09:28 AM
ROFL Jones is a jackass? no shit! So are all the other billion dollar assholes who own teams in case you were wondering~

DTLB58
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Wellll.... If you're headed to Miami next year, that would be your first mistake.

ROFL