PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rodgers' 2 TD passes...

Count Zarth
02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Do you think Cassel even attempts those?

The first one, no way. They showed the replay of that from the QBs point of view and Jordy Nelson looked covered, with barely any separation.

2nd one...maybe, but that was an awful tight window. Cassel doesn't have the gun to squeeze that in most likely, and he knows his limitations.

This thread brought to you by Carl Peterson and Derrick Johnson.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2011, 06:24 PM
If he does, both are either incomplete or picked off.

He doesn't have the arm strength to make those throws into those windows.

milkman
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
There are only a couple of QBs that can make that throw to Jennings on that second TD pass.

It requires both arm strength and flawless accuracy.

keg in kc
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
There aren't many QBs who make that second throw.

Old Dog
02-06-2011, 06:27 PM
No, it's a Super Bowl and Cassel plays for the Chiefs

DTLB58
02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I think we all know Cassel is not Rodgers = this thread is pointless.

Mr. Laz
02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I think we all know Cassel is not Rodgers = this thread is pointless.
this

retarted

penchief
02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I've been as impressed with Rogers this year as I have with any quarterback in a long time. His combination of accuracy and arm strength are as good as anyone in the league, IMO. If was going to take one guy to start a team I think he might be the guy I take.

Old Dog
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
this thread is pointless.

I knew that when I saw who started it

milkman
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I've been as impressed with Rogers this year as I have with any quarterback in a long time. His combination of accuracy and arm strength are as good as anyone in the league, IMO. If was going to take one guy to start a team I think he might be the guy I take.

What makes him all the more impressive is his ability to avoid pressure while still seeing the field, and making the same types of throws on the run.

Count Zarth
02-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't think it's pointless.

I want a QB who can make that first throw. It doesn't really require great arm strength, as there was no safety...QB just has to lead the receiver properly.

What it takes is the balls/recognition to throw to a WR who is barely open.

As we've talked about before, Cassel needs to redefine "open."

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 06:40 PM
no QB in the world is capable of playing as good as Aaron Rodgers has played in this game...not Peyton Manning...not Tom Brady.

BigMeatballDave
02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes. Both. Left-handed, even...

threebag02
02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Do you think Cassel even attempts those?

The first one, no way. They showed the replay of that from the QBs point of view and Jordy Nelson looked covered, with barely any separation.

2nd one...maybe, but that was an awful tight window. Cassel doesn't have the gun to squeeze that in most likely, and he knows his limitations.

This thread brought to you by Carl Peterson and Derrick Johnson.

Are you a petez28 mult?

Count Zarth
02-06-2011, 07:30 PM
No, pete is a dumbshit homer.

-King-
02-06-2011, 08:17 PM
No, pete is a dumbshit homer.

And you're simply a dumbass.

-King-
02-06-2011, 08:17 PM
no QB in the world is capable of playing as good as Aaron Rodgers has played in this game...not Peyton Manning...not Tom Brady.

This.

Fritz88
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
If he does, both are either incomplete or picked off.

This.

He would attempt, but will most likely fail.

TheGuardian
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
This thread is fucking stupid. Everyone knows Cassel isn't Rodgers. An offseason full of "cassel sucks" really annoys the majority of the posters here. And I'm for replacing him. But this shit is useless drivel.

tk13
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Rodgers has made throws these last 2-3 games that even Manning and Brady couldn't make. Or wouldn't attempt.

Count Zarth
02-06-2011, 08:25 PM
This thread is fucking stupid. Everyone knows Cassel isn't Rodgers. An offseason full of "cassel sucks" really annoys the majority of the posters here. And I'm for replacing him. But this shit is useless drivel.

It's not about being Rodgers. There is more than one QB in the league who at least has the balls to attempt tight throws.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
One of the all time best performances by a QB in SB history.

milkman
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not about being Rodgers. There is more than one QB in the league who at least has the balls to attempt tight throws.

No one in the league has the combination of arm strength and accuracy that Rodgers (better Hootie) possesses.

It's borderline stupidity to attempt some of the passes that Rodgers can make.

tk13
02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
No one in the league has the combination of arm strength and accuracy that Rodgers (better Hootie) possesses.

It's borderline stupidity to attempt some of the passes that Rodgers can make.

It's pretty amazing. It's almost like he can use his arm strength to beat good coverage because the ball gets there so fast you can't cover it.

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 08:40 PM
never been so impressed with a guy in my life

the dude is my new mancrush

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
it's almost like the teams with a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady should be drafting a guy who is uber talented in the 1st round (if they slip) and let them sit for 3 years and follow the Aaron Rodgers blue print

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 08:44 PM
it's almost like the teams with a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady should be drafting a guy who is uber talented in the 1st round (if they slip) and let them sit for 3 years and follow the Aaron Rodgers blue print

Of course they should. It would be unbelievably stupid not to.

Manning is going to be 35 this spring, and Brady will be 34 in the fall. Let the n00b learn, insert him, trade the aging vet, and keep rolling.

This is exactly why Rodgers should have been a Chief, even with a productive Green on the roster. Teams are too shortsighted, however. Completely stupid.

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I think I'd let a rookie sit a year no matter what...

Maybe even two...

Aaron Rodgers couldn't have been this good coming out...simply incredible. His incompletions were more impressive than most QB's completions.

stevieray
02-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Rodgers release is sick fast.

Pioli Zombie
02-06-2011, 08:49 PM
What a stupid fucking thing to say. Manning,Brady,and Brees have all had better games than this. Just this year Brady torched the Steelers with similar stats as Rodgers had tonight. This takes nothing away from Rodgers. He's truly great. But please......

milkman
02-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I think I'd let a rookie sit a year no matter what...

Maybe even two...

Aaron Rodgers couldn't have been this good coming out...simply incredible. His incompletions were more impressive than most QB's completions.

I've said many times that I believe that developing a QB on the bench is the best formula for success.

I think many QBs with talent that were thrust into starting positions out of the gate have confidence shattered and never realize their potential as a result.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 08:50 PM
What we clearly saw tonight, however, is that people who claim that arm strength "doesn't really matter" are dumb as fuck.

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
What a stupid ****ing thing to say. Manning,Brady,and Brees have all had better games than this. Just this year Brady torched the Steelers with similar stats as Rodgers had tonight. This takes nothing away from Rodgers. He's truly great. But please......

uhm

Rodgers on his best...is better than anyone who is playing on their best.

Hands down.

No questions.

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
and I think Aaron Rodgers is starting to become the student of the game (from what I hear) that Peyton Manning is...

if he prepares like Peyton...

holy fucking shit

and both Aaron and Peyton are much more talented than Tom Brady...

but hey...Aaron, Peyton, Tom, Philip...Ben...

JFC

Maybe someday we'll have a QB.

tk13
02-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I think you could definitely make the argument Brady and Manning never had a Super Bowl performance as good as Rodgers had tonight. If his WR's didn't drop so many balls he literally would've been 30-39 or something like that.

milkman
02-06-2011, 08:55 PM
What we clearly saw tonight, however, is that people who claim that arm strength "doesn't really matter" are dumb as ****.

As I said earlier, there aren't any QBs that have the combination of arm strength and accuracy that Rodgers has.

If I had to choose from the two attributes, I'd take the accuracy.

But what you need, regardless of any other attribute, is good decision making, and Rodgers brings that to the table as well.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 08:56 PM
As I said earlier, there aren't any QBs that have the combination of arm strength and accuracy that Rodgers has.

If I had to choose from the two attributes, I'd take the accuracy.

But what you need, regardless of any other attribute, is good decision making, and Rodgers brings that to the table as well.

I don't disagree, but his arm strength allows him to attempt and complete throws that others cannot, and I'm simply sick of hearing this attribute dismissed as unimportant. Just generalizing here.

BossChief
02-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Rodgers "throws receivers open"

milkman
02-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't disagree, but his arm strength allows him to attempt and complete throws that others cannot, and I'm simply sick of hearing this attribute dismissed as unimportant. Just generalizing here.

I get what you're saying.

But when it comes down to it, if you had a choice, in their primes.

Montana or Favre?

Pioli Zombie
02-06-2011, 08:59 PM
uhm

Rodgers on his best...is better than anyone who is playing on their best.

Hands down.

No questions.
On their best? You mean, at their best? It would be ridiculous to say that Rodgers is "hands down" better than Manning,Brees,and Brady. He's proven he's right there with them. But of course that's not enough for you so fine,enjoy the night.

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 09:00 PM
On their best? You mean, at their best? It would be ridiculous to say that Rodgers is "hands down" better than Manning,Brees,and Brady. He's proven he's right there with them. But of course that's not enough for you so fine,enjoy the night.

all I'm saying...

his best is better than anyone else's best

my opinion, that's all...doesn't mean I'm right

stevieray
02-06-2011, 09:01 PM

I think you're downplaying that most, if not all NFL QB's have good arm strength.

...even coupled with great accuracy, QB's can still have off days. See Rodgers NFCCG performance.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I get what you're saying.

But when it comes down to it, if you had a choice, in their primes.

Montana or Favre?

Oh, absolutely. Easy choice, but primarily because of the former's decision-making ability and exponential "it."

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I think you're downplaying that most, if not all NFL QB's have good arm strength.

...even copupled with good accuracy, QB's can still have off days. See Rodgers NFCCG performance.

I believe that Rodgers, who came out and played really well early in that game, took a shot to the head that affected his performance in the second half.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM

...even coupled with great accuracy, QB's can still have off days. See Rodgers NFCCG performance.

No, man. I know almost all of these guys are great athletes in their own right, and most most possess great arm strength compared to the average Joe. Rodgers is just elite, even for professional standards.

My point is that arm strength matters. It's not "the" most critical quality, but it's also not a throw-away part of the game.

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh, absolutely. Easy choice, but primarily because of the former's decision-making ability and exponential "it."

That's what I'm getting at.

I would love to have a guy with arm strength and accuracy, but when it comes down to it, I want a guy that makes plays, whether or not he has arm strength.

It's the least important attribute that a QB can possess.

BossChief
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM

I would love to have a guy with arm strength and accuracy, but when it comes down to it, I want a guy that makes plays, whether or not he has arm strength.

Sounds like Andrew Luck

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM

I don't know if I agree with that. Sometimes, I think a bit too much is made of the intangibles.

Great accuracy.
Great decision making.
Great arm strength.

I'd list the third because it opens up the field. We could talk about leadership, grit, etc., but would any of these be as important as making winning plays on the field?

Short Leash Hootie
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
the reason why I thought the Packers were such a lock is because Rodgers on turf in a dome???? Holy cow.

I mean...they played in shit conditions against the Bears...people started to forget a little bit about what he did to Atlanta @ Atlanta 3 weeks ago...

some guys were referencing how the Packers could win if Rodgers had a down game and referenced the Bears game and paired in with the Peppers hit...

they were playing in awful conditions on a terrible field

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't know if I agree with that. Sometimes, I think a bit too much is made of the intangibles.

Great accuracy.
Great decision making.
Great arm strength.

I'd list the third because it opens up the field. We could talk about leadership, grit, etc., but would any of these be as important as making winning plays on the field?

You look at all the QBs that have played in two or more SBs, they all have one thing in common.

The intangibles.

It can't be quatified, but they are guys that teammates believe in and they raise the level of play around them.

stevieray
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
No, man. I know almost all of these guys are great athletes in their own right, and most most possess great arm strength compared to the average Joe. Rodgers is just elite, even for professional standards.

My point is that arm strength matters. It's not "the" most critical quality, but it's also not a throw-away part of the game.

neither do I....I still think his release is what separates him..it's like a boxer's lightening quick jab...it's just too fast to react to.

I also think one of the best things a QB can possess is the ability to shrug off a bad play. That kind of mental makeup can't help but lead to success.

RedThat
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
neither do I....I still think his release is what separates him..it's like a boxer's lightening quick jab...it's just too fast to react to.

I also think one of the best things a QB can possess is the ability to shrug off a bad play. That kind of mental makeup can't help but lead to success.

He definately has that.

Deberg_1990
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
How in the HELL did Rodgers fall so far in 2005, and Alex Smith get taken #1 overall??

:facepalm:

RedThat
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
How in the HELL did Rodgers fall so far in 2005, and Alex Smith get taken #1 overall??

:facepalm:

Dude, it just happens man.

Look at '83, same thing can be said for Marino. How in the hell did he fall so far?

Dylan
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
As great as quarterbacks are -- including Rogers tonight -- In the end, the game was decided by turnovers -- like most games are decided. Three turnovers all led to TDs.

When you take away all of the quarterback and WR's drama, the turnovers is the reason GB won the game.

Defense wins championships. Offense fills the stands.

Just my opinion

notorious
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
As great as quarterbacks are -- including Rogers tonight -- In the end, the game was decided by turnovers -- like most games are decided. Three turnovers all led to TDs.

When you take away all of the quarterback and WR's drama, the turnovers is the reason GB won the game.

Defense wins championships. Offense fills the stands.

Just my opinion

It all adds up.

But let's not forget what Rogers did against a phenomenal defense. Rogers thrived under pressure, and Ben actually folded under pressure (for once).

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM

I'd bet that if Peyton knew you were waiting for him in the locker room, he'd set Super Bowl records.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM

Look at '83, same thing can be said for Marino. How in the hell did he fall so far?

Mary Ju Wanna

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM

low wonderelic score, character concerns (asshole), and an average Senior season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Can Cassel play putt-putt with Haley and win?

keep it real, y'all

Bambi
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Cassell.

He's no where near Rodgers. It's not like we need threads about it.

Dylan
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM
It all adds up.

But let's not forget what Rogers did against a phenomenal defense. Rogers thrived under pressure, and Ben actually folded under pressure (for once).

I agree with you. Rodgers is deadly against the blitz. but the part I disagree with is about the Steelers defense. The Steelers defense have no pass rush.

Please don't get me wrong, I would love to have Rogers as our quarterback. But if you look at points allowed, defense wins postseason. I could be wrong -- I don't know -- Maybe it has to do with being a Giants fan. Defense has always meant first and foremost ensuring a win.

crossbow
02-06-2011, 11:40 PM
The Chiefs are most likely going to give Cassell his 60 million dollar contract. Might as well accept that and move on. While your at it, you can figure on the Chiefs never having a great stable of wide receivers either. Have they ever had that? No, so get used to that one too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2011, 12:00 AM
There were about five throws Rodgers made that were made only because of his arm strength.

And Roethlisberger did not fold. Not even close, really.

Green Bay barely won a game in which they were plus 3 and got a defensive score, that's not a lock.

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Farve to Rodgers

Bono to....

beach tribe
02-07-2011, 07:16 AM
IIRC I think the third, and long throw to Bowe for a TD VS. TN was a pretty tight window.

Count Zarth
02-07-2011, 07:21 AM
IIRC I think the third, and long throw to Bowe for a TD VS. TN was a pretty tight window.

Yes it was...that's why I think Cassel would probably attempt that second throw.

Mostly I'm wondering about the first one. I think he takes one look at that play and gets happy feet.

keg in kc
02-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure what Cassel would do with that line and that stable of receivers. It might not be as bad as we think. Or it might. What I do know is that Rodgers had an all-time great performance last night.

KC Tattoo
02-07-2011, 08:09 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3pVzO_MQcg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3pVzO_MQcg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Marcellus
02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
This really needed a thread. Great job Clay.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
This really needed a thread. Great job Clay.

Needed? Maybe not. Enjoying the the usual "but...but...but"-excuse train because Cassel wears a red and gold jersey?

Absolutely.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
No Marcellus, my OWN highly customized and thoroughly enjoyable hate-agenda works for me now.:thumb: