PDA

View Full Version : Football What did you think of the commercials?

Douche Baggins
02-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I enjoyed most of them.

Doritos and Budweiser hit home runs again. The cowboy bar singalong (completely unexpected) and the dog smashing down the door were hilarious.

My favorite commercial was the "epic car" that had aliens sucking the vehicle up etc etc...awesome.

Movie ads were great...godaddy ads were pretty good...

Oh, and the House parody of Mean Joe Greene's coke commercial was hilarious.

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
You mean the movie previews?

teedubya
02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
No love for the darth vader volkswagen commercial?

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Cowboy was ok, little weird. Dog smashing down the door was completely stupid. You must have really low standards. I'm usually a fan of the Career Builder monkey commercials, this years was ok, not as good as the past.

Honestly, there is not one that I can remember as really good, funny or iconic that will be remembered from SB 2011.

tk13
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Sure seemed like more car commercials than past years.

I liked the NFL one with all the old TV characters. I also liked the Detroit Chrysler one.

stlchiefs

That one was cute, got a chuckle and I'm not a Star Wars fan either.

KevB
Two best IMO were the Reply To All commercial and House promo. Car commercials were pretty solid in general. I liked the early kitchen before and after Bud Light commercial.

Douche Baggins
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Dog smashing down the door was completely stupid. You must have really low standards.

Thought it was fucking hilarious...I'm a sucker for anything with dogs being goofy.

Loved the bud light ad with the dogs as waiters etc.

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM

I liked the NFL one with all the old TV characters. I also liked the Detroit Chrysler one.

That NFL one was cool. New Chrysler actually looked pretty cool and provided Eminem with his 2nd SB commercial of the year.

Douche Baggins
02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I liked the NFL one with all the old TV characters.

That was some really cool CGI. Getting a Rodgers jersey under Fonzie's jacket? Wow.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Kim,

Your rack is unreal...it was from the heart.

And I liked the saved beaver returning the favor. These were two of the better ones of the evening.

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:07 PM
That was some really cool CGI. Getting a Rodgers jersey under Fonzie's jacket? Wow.

Who said Fonzie isn't a Rodgers fan? :D

Douche Baggins
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
The Pepsi ads were pretty stupid, but I liked the "inside their heads on the first date" ad. That was pretty amusing, and true.

Oh, I LOVED Coke's ad with the fireworks dragon, and the one with the two guards at the desert border was pretty funny. Coke > Pepsi.

WV
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
The FTD commercial was the funniest to me....."Your rack is amazing!"......"I just wrote what my heart told.me". Freaking hilarious.

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

They actually made money this past year.

KevB
02-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Kim,

Your rack is unreal...it was from the heart.

And I liked the saved beaver returning the favor. These were two of the better ones of the evening.

Beaver ad was pretty good

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
The FTD commercial was the funniest to me....."Your rack is amazing!"......"I just wrote what my heart told.me". Freaking hilarious.

That was good and Faith Hill is eternally hot.

chris
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Not a prime pool of candidates.

VW Stars Wars had an element of humor and original thinking. If I had vote for one, that would be it.

Most of the others relied on special effects to be funny. 10 pound smashing a door down? My two 125lb great danes couldn't do that.

Go Daddy's were stupid.

What was the social media ad? S......something. See, can't even recall and how much did they spend?

alnorth
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
http://twitter.com/search/groupon#search?q=groupon

The groupon hate has begun. So many people unsubscribing that I cant even log on right now.

Groupon spends big on controversial (tasteless!?) Super Bowl spots (http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/06/technology/groupon_superbowl_ad/)

The People Of Groupon Are In Trouble (http://paidcontent.org/article/419-super-bowl-xlv-the-people-of-groupon-are-in-trouble/)

"Groupon seems to have achieved the unique feat of paying $3M to lose customers who previously loved them," advertising blogger Rohit Bhargava, a marketing professor at Georgetown University, tweeted about the ads.

Get the joke? Well, hundreds of Twitter users didn’t.

In the words of New Yorker writer Tad Friend, who in a tweet, calmly echoed many of the sentiments still building on Twitter over an hour after the commercial aired, “groupon’s tibet commercial was so appalling it made me cancel their daily email; it turned a vague dislike into enmity.”

Deberg_1990
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
It was nice to get a look at "Captain America" finally.

C-Mac
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Snickers was mildly funny(slapstick), Ozzie was....Ozzie like, the little Darth gets my vote(long version is better)

The pregame of the Etrade baby's and Caliendo skit doing Barkley rocked.

googlegoogle
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
i switched the channel - Kung Fu Panda was on.

never into commercials.

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Meh.

Meh, I say.

Waste of money.

All of 'em.

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Meh.

Meh, I say.

Waste of money.

All of 'em.

I'm wondering if that's why it seems there were less "commercials" this year and more movie trailers. It seemed like normal advertisers are starting to balk at the cost of SB commercials. Maybe it's me, but it seemed like there were less Pepsi, AB, Doritos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Coca Cola, etc. commercials than past years.

WV
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM

The groupon hate has begun. So many people unsubscribing that I cant even log on right now.

Groupon spends big on controversial (tasteless!?) Super Bowl spots (http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/06/technology/groupon_superbowl_ad/)

The People Of Groupon Are In Trouble (http://paidcontent.org/article/419-super-bowl-xlv-the-people-of-groupon-are-in-trouble/)
Guess I missed the point, but then again I couldn't give a shit about Tibet either.

Deberg_1990
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Meh.

Meh, I say.

Waste of money.

All of 'em.

I always wonder why huge companies with "known" products like Coke, Pepsi, Ford, Doritos, etc.....need to advertise at all during this game?

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm wondering if that's why it seems there were less "commercials" this year and more movie trailers. It seemed like normal advertisers are starting to balk at the cost of SB commercials. Maybe it's me, but it seemed like there were less Pepsi, AB, Doritos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Coca Cola, etc. commercials than past years.

I think I heard somewhere that these commercials cost about 100 grand a second.

At that price, those fuckers better be hitting home runs.

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I always wonder why huge companies with "known" products like Coke, Pepsi, Ford, Doritos, etc.....need to advertise at all during this game?

So they can justify charging the consumer more money.

TrebMaxx
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Why leave the door open for the little guy?

Buehler445
02-06-2011, 10:13 PM

I liked that one and the speed beetle one.

Jenson71
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Not enough men getting in the nuts.

Fairplay
02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Eminem Chrysler commercial was the best.

The VW commercial had best eye candy.

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM

that one was my fav

Superturtle
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
LOL at the Tibet outrage. Pretty tasteless, I agree, but who the fuck cares?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Outside of the upcoming film previews, I though they sucked. My wife said the same thing (it's the ONLY reason she watched).

The initial "Cowboys and Aliens" trailer was freakin' awesome but this one sucked so bad that I hope it doesn't hurt the opening.

We though Em's commercial was the best (which honestly, isn't saying much).

Three7s
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Sucked, like always. I've seen "normal" commercials better than those jokes.

Off topic, but what did people think of Black-Eyed Peas at half-time? I thought they were even worse than the commercials, but I hate hip hop.

As always, the only good part about the Super Bowl.....is the Super Bowl.

Gonzo
02-06-2011, 10:38 PM

This. Best commercial of the night imo. But I'm a House junkie.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCFalcon59
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM

Should have taken the 6 billion from Google!!

Buehler445
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Outside of the upcoming film previews, I though they sucked. My wife said the same thing (it's the ONLY reason she watched).

The initial "Cowboys and Aliens" trailer was freakin' awesome but this one sucked so bad that I hope it doesn't hurt the opening.

I'd agree with all of this. Super Bowl commercials have went down hill since Budweiser got bought out. They carried Super Bowl commercials for years. There were periodic good ones, but Bud rocked the house. I assume they changed their marketing strategy somewhat when the foreign company took over.

Either way, dissappointing.
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Should have taken the 6 billion from Google!!

possibly. Yesterday I would have said Groupon was smart to walk away from the $6 billion offer and push on with an IPO, but they didn't do themselves any favors tonight.

I personally am not upset because I don't care about Tibet that much. Yes, it sucks for them, but China isn't doing anything that we haven't done to the American Indian tribes, only 10 times worse. So, we have no moral high ground on the issue.

Despite that, even I knew immediately that this was an extremely stupid commercial though, because there are plenty of people who do care. (not enough to do much, but certainly enough to start ignoring groupon emails) On the other side of it, the commercials didn't really do anything to attract people. It would be one thing if it really emphasized all the cool deals you can find to save money, but the point of groupon got sort of lost so the casual viewer is left with "huh? some kind of dot-com commercial again? Whatever, I'm confused about what they do and don't care"

So end result - cost: A huge truckload of money. Benefit: almost nothing. drawback: tens of thousands of irate ex-customers and horrible press.

Its so funny that they spent a ton of money to hurt themselves. Hopefully groupon will be desperate enough to make amends by sending even better deals my way!

cardken
02-07-2011, 05:02 AM
I thought there were a few entertaining commercials, the Halftime show was an abortion. I loved the TV character fans by region and town of setting. Would've like to seen some more (Mary Tyler Moore in Vikings gear, WKRP in Bengals gear, Beverly Hillbillies in Titans gear, Dallas cast in Cowboys gear, Drew Carey cast in Browns gear, Crockett and Tubbs in Dolphins gear, Tim Allen in Lions gear, help me out here.........http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/2011/nflcom-tv-favorites/

Really loved this ad from the NFL networks they did for a couple of years cause I love the message, "Tomorrow we are all undefeated."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f91MbKd8u9Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT6L5v9vDc&NR=1

Guru
02-07-2011, 05:04 AM
Love the Doritos spots.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 05:10 AM
I enjoyed most of them.

Doritos and Budweiser hit home runs again. The cowboy bar singalong (completely unexpected) and the dog smashing down the door were hilarious.

My favorite commercial was the "epic car" that had aliens sucking the vehicle up etc etc...awesome.

Because of Canadian content laws, (and to thoses of us without satalite feed) we'll get them today in re-runspots.
Hell I've even watched reg season games where the scoreboard was edited to show the logo of Canadian Tire during time out's etc for cryen out loud. :mad:

I'll catch em later today on youtube.

cardken
02-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Eminem Chrysler commercial was the best.

The VW commercial had best eye candy.

Loved the tagline to the Eminem 200 spot, "Imported From Detroit" wish I knew who was doing the voice over.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Sucked, like always. I've seen "normal" commercials better than those jokes.

Off topic, but what did people think of Black-Eyed Peas at half-time? I thought they were even worse than the commercials, but I hate hip hop.

As always, the only good part about the Super Bowl.....is the Super Bowl.
Between Fergies mic not being turned on, to her butchering a GnR tune....IT BLEW CHUNKS!!
Then if it weren bad enough, they bring out another fool to hip, hop, and otherwise ruin a good football game

Who's the gebronie who picks the half time entertainment anyway.....more than likely the same kind of brain dead dork who would vote Brady as MVP :rolleyes:

Pushead2
02-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Darth Vader & Kardashian....all I could remember

Deberg_1990
02-07-2011, 06:16 AM

Super 8 looks like it has a chance to be the best film of the summer for me.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wjs7XV-tks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Douche Baggins
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Why?

Based on what?

Total cocktease of a trailer.

Pushead2
02-07-2011, 06:20 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wjs7XV-tks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

shit's weak

bevischief
02-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I enjoyed most of them.

this.

Bob Dole
02-07-2011, 06:27 AM
I thought there were a few entertaining commercials, the Halftime show was an abortion. I loved the TV character fans by region and town of setting. Would've like to seen some more (Mary Tyler Moore in Vikings gear, WKRP in Bengals gear, Beverly Hillbillies in Titans gear, Dallas cast in Cowboys gear, Drew Carey cast in Browns gear, Crockett and Tubbs in Dolphins gear, Tim Allen in Lions gear, help me out here.........http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/2011/nflcom-tv-favorites/

Why would they put the Beverly Hillbillies in Titans gear?

Guru
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM

Really? that preview did nothing for me.

LaDairis
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Thank Goodness I had the sound off...

Deberg_1990
02-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Really? that preview did nothing for me.

Just a gut feeling i guess...Abrams and Spielberg working together? Hell yes!

Trailer had a great old school 80's Spielberg vibe to it i liked.

Pushead2
02-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Just a gut feeling i guess...Abrams and Spielberg working together? Hell yes!

Trailer had a great old school 80's Spielberg vibe to it i liked.

ET part 2.

blaise
02-07-2011, 07:03 AM
The Doritos and Pepsi Max commercials were so bad it made me never want to buy their products.

luv
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
The Doritos and Pepsi Max commercials were so bad it made me never want to buy their products.

Really? I thought the Doritos were some of the best. The dog knocking down the door and "Grandpa?"

blaise
02-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Really? I thought the Doritos were some of the best. The dog knocking down the door and "Grandpa?"

Different strokes I guess. I hated the dog one, and the one where the dude was licking stuff off people was terrible. I just wished someone would punch all the actors involved, including the dog.

luv
02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Different strokes I guess. I hated the dog one, and the one where the dude was licking stuff off people was terrible. I just wished someone would punch all the actors involved, including the dog.

Why do people have to be so dramatic on here? Geez.

I agree that the one with the creepy guy was a big miss, though.

beach tribe
02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Loved: "What's a 6G?" "What the fuck is a Bieber?" "I don't know. kind of looks like a girl"

luv
02-07-2011, 08:08 AM
I think my favorite was the car commercial (Volkswagen, right?) with the kid trying to use the Force...lol.

Deberg_1990
02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
My faves just off the top of my head:

Doritos "Grandpa?"

The Floral one with Faith "You have an amazing rack"

The cell phone one with the two guys on the ski lift.

Chiefnj2
02-07-2011, 08:30 AM
No Bud clydesdale commercial this year?

Coach
02-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I thought most of them sucked. Lacked some comedy like the old time commercials did. The beaver saving the man before the bridge collasped? Okay, didn't quite understood that one, but whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
02-07-2011, 08:36 AM
I thought most of them sucked. Lacked some comedy like the old time commercials did. The beaver saving the man before the bridge collasped? Okay, didn't quite understood that one, but whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

The man swerved to avoid the beaver earlier in the commercial. The beaver was paying it back to him.

ReynardMuldrake
02-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Groundskeeper Willie is a Chiefs fan!

Guru
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Why do people have to be so dramatic on here? Geez.

I agree that the one with the creepy guy was a big miss, though.I found that one hilarious.

Fairplay
02-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Super eight have low rents living in them.

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I thought they were really lacking this year. The whole SB in general didn't live up to the expectations.

But, my favorites were the Chrysler Eminem commercial and The Darth Vader VW commercial.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Same. I felt so dirty having a 12 pack of Pespi Max at my work.

Someone told me I don't like any of the Budwesier/Bud Light commercials because I don't like their product. No, I don't like them because they are made for idiots, just like the Doritos and Pepsi commercials. However I do enjoy those 2 products. :drool:

Saulbadguy
02-07-2011, 09:58 AM

It's called a "signal of quality". Consumers are wired to think if a company spends a lot on advertising, their product must be good.

This (among other reasons) is the reason Budweiser has so much market share in this country.

Extra Point
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
The dogs. It was the dogs.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I thought the Doritos commercials were the best of the night, along with the VW ads.

The "Grandpa" and "Cheese Fingers" ones made us laugh a lot.

FD
02-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I was a fan of the "reply all" commercial, although I can't recall what product it was for.

Buehler445
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
No Bud clydesdale commercial this year?

Closest thing was the cowboy commercial.

Buehler445
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I thought the Doritos commercials were the best of the night, along with the VW ads.

The "Grandpa" and "Cheese Fingers" ones made us laugh a lot.

Grandpa yes. Utter hilarity. Cheese fingers....nah...

mlyonsd
02-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I liked the one with Faith Hill.

Guru
02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I liked the one with Faith Hill.

nice rack

Pitt Gorilla
02-07-2011, 10:38 AM

I liked the NFL one with all the old TV characters. I also liked the Detroit Chrysler one.The NFL shop one was easily the best.

MahiMike
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I can't remember anything other than I had the urge to watch some gay singing show on FOX...

underEJ
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I hardly remember any of them, but the fast beetle was cute, and I laughed my ass of when the baby hit the window in the travel ad, not because I think smashed baby faces are funny, but because they had to put the words "test baby" on screen to keep people from being appalled by it. Looked like a last minute focus group demand. I also imagine people are still appalled by it even with the words there.

KCUnited
02-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Minus the presence of alcohol, I absolutely adored the Budweiser Tiny Dancer commercial. /Tebow.

mnchiefsguy
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
The Darth Vader VW commercial and the House promo made me chuckle, I liked them best.

gblowfish
02-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Fred Phelps loves him some Doritos!
http://tinyurl.com/456kvfn

Superturtle
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
That one with Bieber made me chuckle because of the ending.

kaplin42
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I enjoyed most of them.

Ehh, i was not impressed by any of them really. There was a chuckle hear or there, but nothing was really funny. Kind of a let down actually in comparison to other years.

Movie trailers we would have seen soon anyways, they didn't do much for me. The only one that was pretty decent was the Darth Vedar one.

Superturtle
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Also the one with rosamne getting owned by a log.

Douche Baggins
02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Also the one with rosamne getting owned by a log.

Oh dude. I laughed so frickin' hard at that. It came out of nowhere.

I love the Super Bowl. Nonstop entertainment.

Alton deFlat
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM

That one I liked, and the Snickers commercial with Roseanne Barr getting blasted by the log was pretty good too.

Sfeihc
02-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Imported From Detroit-Chrysler & Eminem

Superturtle
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Haha I just realized that bieber called himself a girl during that commercial. I thought it was Justin timberlake.

NIUhuskies
02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vJ8mzb9lWDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loved this one!

JD10367
02-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Loved: "What's a 6G?" "What the **** is a Bieber?" "I don't know. kind of looks like a girl"

That was the only commercial I even slightly chuckled at. They almost all sucked donkey balls. I think we all need to go into advertising, as there's obviously a lack of humorous talent. We could all probably come up with better commercials for every product shown last night.

luv
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9lC-DQIWPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guru
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
heh, I didn't even notice that Bieber was the guy that said he looked like a girl.

keg in kc
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9lC-DQIWPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Holy crap, he does look like luke skywalker.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Surprised by the generally positive reviews.

There were a few entertaining ads. But long gone are the days when Super Bowl ads were game-changers. The VW ad is the only ad people will talk about a month from now.

BigRedChief
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM

There were a few entertaining ads. But long gone are the days when Super Bowl ads were game-changers. The VW ad is the only ad people will talk about a month from now.I disagree. The Enimem motor city ad worked for me. It was madison avenue slick but still seemed to show a city battling back after getting kicked in the gonads. The tag line.............. Imported from Detroit........reminded us we used to build damn good cars and we are starting to build good cars again.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I disagree. The Enimem motor city ad worked for me. It was madison avenue slick but still seemed to show a city battling back after getting kicked in the gonads. The tag line.............. Imported from Detroit........reminded us we used to build damn good cars and we are starting to build good cars again.

Yeah, actually, those ads were pretty effective. I wouldn't call them game changers, but effective. Granted, when you take out a 2-minute ad, it's a lot easier to accomplish that.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
The Chrysler one with Eminem.

alnorth
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM

There were a few entertaining ads. But long gone are the days when Super Bowl ads were game-changers. The VW ad is the only ad people will talk about a month from now.

I disagree. This was definitely a pretty big up year for super bowl ads, compared to the last few years. You may be guilty of the same thing people do when comparing old eras of music to today. The horrible songs that were briefly popular in the 70's and 80's don't make it onto the classic stations so you don't remember them. Likewise, you probably dont remember all the crap super bowl commercials that were made 15+ years ago.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Other ones I liked: The Doritos commercials(the one with the Pug and dude licking fingers), Sketchers one with Kim Kardashian, NFL Commercial for the fans, the 1st A-B commercial with the beer on the table, Volkswagen with Vader(which will gone down as a classic, IMO) and Pepsi Max with the guy thinking "Sleep with me".

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
I disagree. This was definitely a pretty big up year for super bowl ads, compared to the last few years. You may be guilty of the same thing people do when comparing old eras of music to today. The horrible songs that were briefly popular in the 70's and 80's don't make it onto the classic stations so you don't remember them. Likewise, you probably dont remember all the crap super bowl commercials that were made 15+ years ago.

It depends on how you look at it. I've worked in Marketing, so I probably look at ads a little bit differently. The overall entertainment value was higher but nobody is going to be talking about these ads 6 months from now. Mostly, everybody played it safe. The big players played it safe--a couple of funny ads that are good for a few quick laughs, but you'll forget in a month. Not like the past, when Budweiser made memorable commercials with Frogs and Clydesdales, or with Pepsi brutally attacking Coca-Cola. No memorable catchphrases like "Waazzzupppppp". No mega-campaigns launched, like the e-trade baby or Go Daddy.

Chrysler's "Made in Detroit" might have staying power, but again, worth the cost of a 120-second spot? Not sure about that. Clever? A little, but not really--a minute and a half of talking and then Eminem steals the show... finally. And I'm guessing that 1 month from now, those commercials are just background noise. Honestly, the only ad I think people will talk about is Groupon. I'm up in the air about them.

The fact is that TV is a dying medium and most advertisers aren't willing to make the risks that made Super Bowl ads so much fun to watch in the past.

alnorth
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
good point, I was thinking strictly entertainment, but you might be right. No brand names really stood out to me.

So, I as a viewer won, but the companies who paid a ton of money for these ads may have lost.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
good point, I was thinking strictly entertainment, but you might be right. No brand names really stood out to me.

So, I as a viewer won, but the companies who paid a ton of money for these ads may have lost.

That's a good assessment. Interestingly, because everyone played it safe, you're right, a lot more entertaining as a whole.

joemama
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
The Bridgestone email commercial was good.

Demonpenz
02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
They call me slim shady, I'm back...I'm Back

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/toX6TiyEFyA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/toX6TiyEFyA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

OnTheWarpath58
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
LMAO

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHbCuneDFxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Douche Baggins
02-07-2011, 08:35 PM
hahahahaha....the fucking WNBA

cardken
02-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Why would they put the Beverly Hillbillies in Titans gear?

My bad, after research they are from the Ozarks, so I guess they are Chiefs fans.

cardken
02-08-2011, 06:54 AM

People need to get a grip, bunch of sanctimonious douches. It was a joke, yeah maybe slightly bad taste but still funny. People are so full of themselves, and when they need that spa treatment or oil change for half price, they will be back, oh yes, they will be back.

milkman
02-08-2011, 07:01 AM
The fact is that TV is a dying medium and most advertisers aren't willing to make the risks that made Super Bowl ads so much fun to watch in the past.

I know that I'm technologically challenged, but TV is a dying medium?

I guess technlogically challenged is a huge understatement.

BossChief
02-08-2011, 09:45 AM
How is TV a dying medium?

TVs are so damn popular that they are integrating computers and other things into them to make them multifunctional.

I think I read (or heard) that this superbowl was tied for first overall in TV rating, as well.

scott free
02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Chrysler is going to need another bailout after what they paid for the 2 minute deal with Eminem.

Forgot who it was for, but monkeys in people clothes is always worth a good giggle.

Richard Lewis as a logger was funny 'what, is there a worldwide shortage of gazebo's?'

And, oh, wont someone please smash the smug look off of Justin Beibers face?