PDA

View Full Version : Life I was raped last night

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 07:01 AM
by the Black Eyed Peas....in which jurisdiction do I file charges, the Underverse? that place in Avatar? Waterworld?

all I see when I sleep now is a harpy screaming at me while simultaneously eating a bowl of chili and crackers...my dreams smell like urine

keg in kc
02-07-2011, 07:06 AM
So I wasn't the only one that woke up with a strange vaseline ring around my starfish this morning.

I thought it was aliens.

ChiefButthurt
02-07-2011, 07:07 AM
by the Black Eyed Peas....in which jurisdiction do I file charges, the Underverse? that place in Avatar? Waterworld?

all I see when I sleep now is a harpy screaming at me while simultaneously eating a bowl of chili and crackers...my dreams smell like urine

Say what?

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Fergie looked like crap.

EDIT: and sounded worse.

Claynus
02-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Me too...I was at a post-Super Bowl party in Dallas at this awesome bar...I had had a few drinks and stumbled drunkenly into the bathroom. As I unzipped suddenly I heard the door behind me slam open. It was dark, so I couldn't see very well, but this really tall, kinda chunky dude walked in and growled "FUCK RODGERS AND HIS MVP AWARD...GET READY FOR THE MOST VALUABLE PENIS OF SUPER BOWL XLV!" I think I saw a beard too, and I felt one rub up against the back of my neck as he slammed me against the wall and began his crime.

keg in kc
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Great, now clayton's posting his fantasies penthouse letter style.

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Me too...I was at a post-Super Bowl party in Dallas at this awesome bar...I had had a few drinks and stumbled drunkenly into the bathroom. As I unzipped suddenly I heard the door behind me slam open. It was dark, so I couldn't see very well, but this really tall, kinda chunky dude walked in and growled "**** RODGERS AND HIS MVP AWARD...GET READY FOR THE MOST VALUABLE PENIS OF SUPER BOWL XLV!" I think I saw a beard too, and I felt one rub up against the back of my neck as he slammed me against the wall and began his crime.

yeah, Rodgers had a pretty good gam.... wait wtf!!

rad
02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Me too...I was at a post-Super Bowl party in Dallas at this awesome bar...I had had a few drinks and stumbled drunkenly into the bathroom. As I unzipped suddenly I heard the door behind me slam open. It was dark, so I couldn't see very well, but this really tall, kinda chunky dude walked in and growled "**** RODGERS AND HIS MVP AWARD...GET READY FOR THE MOST VALUABLE PENIS OF SUPER BOWL XLV!" I think I saw a beard too, and I felt one rub up against the back of my neck as he slammed me against the wall and began his crime.

Brett Keisel is the new Chuck Norris.

blaise
02-07-2011, 07:42 AM
I couldn't hear them, I just saw the costumes. It looked like a high school play or something. Or like a really low budget sci-fi movie.

Bwana
02-07-2011, 07:42 AM
That was indeed.......BAD!

Lonewolf Ed
02-07-2011, 07:48 AM
I had no intention of even seeing how bad they'd be, so I served up stromboli that I made and enjoyed a cold Carlsberg. If Iron Maiden ever gets the halftime gig, then I will stay by the TV.

KC Tattoo
02-07-2011, 07:48 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vF0I-aaTX5E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vF0I-aaTX5E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

They should have played more of this song... Fergie :drool:

blaise
02-07-2011, 07:49 AM
They should just let two pee-wee football teams play for 12 minutes.

JD10367
02-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Here's what I don't get: there are so many better choices. Even if your selection paradigm is tighter than Miley Cyrus's virgin butthole. (I'm assuming that last part. I'd love to find out and report back, though.)

Even if you say:

- No heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, death metal, or anything else Middle America, seniors, or parents could get upset about.

- No black hardcore hip-hop.

- No more Al Davis-aged rock-n-rollers.

- Must be something likable in an easy-listening sort of way, and yet popular.

- Must still somehow be interesting, upbeat, and not put you to sleep.

Given those guidelines, you can turn on any modern rock, alt-rock, college rock type of station and pull a handful of "new" bands who have a good sound and are popular. Even if you have to lump together a few bands and have them do snippets. Jimmy Eat World, Fall Out Boy, Death Cab For Cutie, Kings Of Leon, My Chemical Romance, whatever. I would've rather heard short versions of "My Best Theory" and "I Don't Care" or something along those lines.

KCUnited
02-07-2011, 07:56 AM
I'd love to see the Reo/Journey debate resolved once and for all with a SB Halftime dual.

patteeu
02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Here's what I don't get: there are so many better choices. Even if your selection paradigm is tighter than Miley Cyrus's virgin butthole. (I'm assuming that last part. I'd love to find out and report back, though.)

Even if you say:

- No heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, death metal, or anything else Middle America, seniors, or parents could get upset about.

- No black hardcore hip-hop.

- No more Al Davis-aged rock-n-rollers.

- Must be something likable in an easy-listening sort of way, and yet popular.

- Must still somehow be interesting, upbeat, and not put you to sleep.

Given those guidelines, you can turn on any modern rock, alt-rock, college rock type of station and pull a handful of "new" bands who have a good sound and are popular. Even if you have to lump together a few bands and have them do snippets. Jimmy Eat World, Fall Out Boy, Death Cab For Cutie, Kings Of Leon, My Chemical Romance, whatever. I would've rather heard short versions of "My Best Theory" and "I Don't Care" or something along those lines.

An ensemble featuring Kid Rock as the pivot man could cover a lot of genre territory. Much like he did with Run DMC and Aerosmith at the MTV Music Awards several years ago. Since then he's worked with artists from Bob Seger, to Sheryl Crow, to Martina McBride, Hank Williams Jr., to TI and many more. His own catalogue spans the hard rock, southern rock, country, and hip hop genres and he's covered several other artists, like Creedence.

Frazod
02-07-2011, 08:18 AM
When was the last time the Super Bowl halftime show didn't suck?

I guess that's a serious question, since I haven't watched one in years.

And I thought black eyed peas was a southern side dish.

InChiefsHell
02-07-2011, 08:18 AM
There is no way to make anyone happy about the SB Halftime show. I have never heard anyone say it was good. Ever. It's impossible to live up to the hype. Much like the commercials.

I wasn't paying attention last night, but I though the part with Slash was cool.

KCUnited
02-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Fergie looked like a Raider fan in drag.

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
There is no way to make anyone happy about the SB Halftime show. I have never heard anyone say it was good. Ever. It's impossible to live up to the hype. Much like the commercials.

I wasn't paying attention last night, but I though the part with Slash was cool.

it's not about the band, it's about the performance

they had all their vocals cranked up for some reason, and it sounded like angry drunks screaming at a karaoke bar....it was fucking hideous...

InChiefsHell
02-07-2011, 08:25 AM
it's not about the band, it's about the performance

they had all their vocals cranked up for some reason, and it sounded like angry drunks screaming at a karaoke bar....it was ****ing hideous...

I wonder what it sounded like live though? Maybe it didn't suck as bad for the people there. Not that it matters, they are putting the show on for the TV audience as the people in the stadium, I just wonder if it sucked live and in person...

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I wonder what it sounded like live though? Maybe it didn't suck as bad for the people there. Not that it matters, they are putting the show on for the TV audience as the people in the stadium, I just wonder if it sucked live and in person...

i don't know, but I can't believe someone didn't f up the tv mix....no way they intended to put their voices out front like that...3 of them can't sing at all and either speak loudly or autotune....Fergie was singing as if she didn't have a mic and wanted to make sure everyone in the state of texas could hear her..

ChiTown
02-07-2011, 08:32 AM

I loved Tom Petty live at SB a couple of years ago. They were phenomenal.

Brock
02-07-2011, 08:33 AM

Yes, Tom Petty is always good.

Chiefnj2
02-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Probably the best video of Fergie & Slash

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DjmTf31MAe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Graystoke
02-07-2011, 08:42 AM
They shoulda called Prince...that Mofo knows how ta put on a show!

Extra Point
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Brett Keisel is the new Chuck Norris.

He shaved Claythan, instead. Before, during, and after.

patteeu
02-07-2011, 08:49 AM

That was the best of recent memory IMO. Petty appeals to young and old, rock and country. I guess not so much to the urban r&b/hiphop crowd though.

I didn't think Black Eyed Peas was that bad although I agree that the mix was pretty bad. At least no one can complain that they were lip syncing.

Extra Point
02-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Being in Texas, should have had ZZ Top.

eazyb81
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
It's crazy to think this is the same band (ex-Fergie) that created the great Behind the Front and Bridging the Gap albums.

I thought these guys were going to be the next ATCQ, but instead they became the biggest sell-outs in modern hip hop history.

Donger
02-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't even know who that "group" was, so I suppose I had no expectations of them being very good.

DaFace
02-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I wonder when the last time there was a SB halftime show where everyone was like "Wow...that was a good halftime show."

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I wonder when the last time there was a SB halftime show where everyone was like "Wow...that was a good halftime show."

remember the guys that used to fly around in jetpacks to the tune of marching bands?

I'd say somewhere near then.

notorious
02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
They should just let two pee-wee football teams play for 12 minutes.

This is full of WIN.

tooge
02-07-2011, 09:07 AM

the two that stand out for me that were pretty solid were Tom Petty and U2. This years was perhaps the worst one I can ever remember, by far. Anytime a band has to bring out the guitarist of another band (Slash) just to be able to have someone that can actually play an instrument, and because they don't have enough of their own songs to take up 20 minutes of airtime, it is bad. Real bad.

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 09:14 AM

easy

Prince

Extra Point
02-07-2011, 09:16 AM
The last good halftime show featured Carol Channing and the SMU Marching Band (SB IV).

Okay, I don't remember the half time show, but I remember who won!

From the list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows ), I'd have to go with the Stones.

FAX
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
The Black Eyed Peas have made some good music, in my opinion. That's not the problem.

The problem is that these "people" who are responsible for the half-time shows have no clue how to pull them off. The audio always sucks and there are always thousands of goons dancing or milling about the stage for some undecipherable reason. This time they lit up. Woo hoo.

These bands can pull off a large concert venue in fine shape. That isn't the issue. It's the SB management or something that turns the group (whoever it is) into a poorly-mixed, poorly produced caricature of itself.

FAX

jAZ
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
When was the last time the Super Bowl halftime show didn't suck?

I guess that's a serious question, since I haven't watched one in years.

And I thought black eyed peas was a southern side dish.

U2 after 9/11?

jAZ
02-07-2011, 09:24 AM
The Black Eyed Peas have made some good music, in my opinion. That's not the problem.

The problem is that these "people" who are responsible for the half-time shows have no clue how to pull them off. The audio always sucks and there are always thousands of goons dancing or milling about the stage for some undecipherable reason. This time they lit up. Woo hoo.

These bands can pull off a large concert venue in fine shape. That isn't the issue. It's the SB management or something that turns the group (whoever it is) into a poorly-mixed, poorly produced caricature of itself.

FAX

I saw the BEP's open for U2 last year at UofP Stadium in Phx and they just aren't very good live. Their songs are very produced, which never translates well to live performances. Expecting that, my expectations were lower than most, I guess. I thought the performance was OK, albeit with some major technical malfunctions (LOVE staging lights).

Gonzo
02-07-2011, 09:26 AM
IMHO, do away with the half time abortion all together and give the money you'd spend on it to a charity or something. I can't recall the last time I saw a good half-time show.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
The last good halftime show featured Carol Channing and the SMU Marching Band (SB IV).

Okay, I don't remember the half time show, but I remember who won!

From the list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows ), I'd have to go with the Stones.

The Stones were horrible (IMO) and they convinced me that no elderly rockers should ever do the show again.

FAX
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I saw the BEP's open for U2 last year at UofP Stadium in Phx and they just aren't very good live. Their songs are very produced, which never translates well to live performances. Expecting that, my expectations were lower than most, I guess. I thought the performance was OK, albeit with some major technical malfunctions (LOVE staging lights).

I know that they're a studio group, Mr. jaZ. I haven't seen them live, but I assume it's basically karaoke. Nevertheless, they're seasoned pros and they can pull off a short live set - no problemo sin el electonica de baile hombres con cuadro de la cabeza.

The problem last night lies with whoever "produced" that pile of crap, in my humble opinion.

FAX

ChiTown
02-07-2011, 09:36 AM
The Stones were horrible (IMO) and they convinced me that no elderly rockers should ever do the show again.

Actually, The Who was worse than The Stones. I wanted to shoot my face listening to them last year

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM

all I see when I sleep now is a harpy screaming at me while simultaneously eating a bowl of chili and crackers...my dreams smell like urineROFLROFL

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
One of my wife's FB friend's status updates after the halftime show:

I'd rather watch Black Guys Pee.....than have to watch the Black Eyed Peas.

FAX
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Actually, The Who was worse than The Stones. I wanted to shoot my face listening to them last year

The Who get a pass from me.

Time is the R&R Killer. It's not their fault.

FAX

jAZ
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
I know that they're a studio group, Mr. jaZ. I haven't seen them live, but I assume it's basically karaoke. Nevertheless, they're seasoned pros and they can pull off a short live set - no problemo sin el electonica de baile hombres con cuadro de la cabeza.

The problem last night lies with whoever "produced" that pile of crap, in my humble opinion.

FAX

That seemed to be true of all aspects of the game (other than on the field). Though they were clearly singing this year. Part of the problem with the quality. They definitely seems to be a "we'll do it live!" band... no matter the production quality that follows.

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
That Fergie chick is just awful. She isn't even hot..& she can't sing worth a shit. Her Axel Rose impersonation was embarrassing. Slash never should've agreed to let her butcher that.

ChiTown
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
The Who get a pass from me.

Time is the R&R Killer. It's not their fault.

FAX

I loved The Who of my youth. Not so much at SB44

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
That Fergie chick is just awful. She isn't even hot..& she can't sing worth a shit. He Axel Rose impersonation was embarrassing.

This.

I don't get the whole "Fergie is hot" argument. She's not.....at all.

FAX
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I loved The Who of my youth. Not so much at SB44

Anytime Townshend wants to crank it up, it's okay by me. I owe him that much.

And so should you, you overly critical hater of R&R legends.

FAX

ChiTown
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Anytime Townsend wants to crank it up, it's okay by me. I owe him that much.

And so should you, you overly critical hater of R&R legends.

FAX

ROFL

Chiefnj2
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM
This.

I don't get the whole "Fergie is hot" argument. She's not.....at all.

watch the video I posted.

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM

I did. And she's meh.

Does she have a good body? Sure....in the video. She looked like shit last night and she's a butterface.

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM

No amount of video editing, wardrobe and make up is going to change the fact that she reminds me of an ex heroin addict street walker.

I've seen a lot of druggie prostitutes in my day....and they all looked just liker her.

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM
One of my co-workers just said that the halftime show was really good.

Do you think I'd get in trouble if I punch her in the face?

Buck
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I thought Will.I.Am was fine but Fergie sucked huge balls and the other two guys seemed nervous when they had their solos.

stevieray
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Like the National Anthem, I think it did a pretty damn good job of showing how it's become more about the singer than the song.

sad, really.

btlook1
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
show sucked....butterface...kinda....body...hmm..looks good to me!

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I thought Will.I.Am was fine but Fergie sucked huge balls and the other two guys seemed nervous when they had their solos.

will.I.Am sucked too. They all sucked. except for Slash.

Hip hop/pop in general is terrible live.

and JFC artists who rely so heavily on AutoTune should NOT be allowed to do SB's. What kind of garbage.....I mean seriously...WTF was that?

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
show sucked....butterface...kinda....body...hmm..looks good to me!

Who doesn't look good in MAxim. It's Maxim.

Did you see her live? Every time i've ever seen her life, she looks like an ex drug abuser.

Photoshop is a helluva program.

And it's amazing what some quality lighting can do for a person.

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Fergie looks like she belongs on the back of a Hell's Angels motorcycle.

Okie_Apparition
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Jordy Nelson sent them all flowers. Their suckage made him look good.

philfree
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I really didn't watch the halftime show although the part I did see was awful. I was watching the Lingerie Bowl on a second TV. It was entertaining and the football was pretty good. 26-25 LA Temptation over the Philliy Passion. Who says LA doesn't have a pro football team?

PhilFree:arrow:

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
noone has any preference either way towards ushers part?

Detoxing
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
noone has any preference either way towards ushers part?

It didn't stand out in my mind, so not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. I've never really had a problem with Usher's live performances.

gblowfish
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I thought halftime sucked out loud. It's way too over the top with the choreography. First of all, they send in 200 pre-planned "groupies" in Tron Suits to surround the stage and flagellate in lockstep. The band all yells "Yeah....Yeah......Yeah....." over and over and over and over again. Slash sold out. Whole thing just reeked of excess, which is, I guess, pretty much what a Jerry Jones Superbowl is....an exercise in excess.

And WTF with Eminem on every commercial? Is he the hero of the current consumer demographic now? He's pushing Chryslers? Do you think Eminem drives a Chrysler 300? If you believe that, you also believe Tiger Woods drives a Buick. Soon Eminem will have his own theater in Branson.

Let's just cut through the bull and have thug rappers get up, grab their junk and scream "Motherf*cker!!!" over and over, and have big booty strippers rubbing themselves against a stripper pole shaped like the McDonald's Arches.

This is America, damn it...

Brock
02-07-2011, 11:20 AM
And WTF with Eminem on every commercial? Is he the hero of the current consumer demographic now? He's pushing Chryslers? Do you think Eminem drives a Chrysler 300?

What's really funny is that it was an ad for the new 200, which is the replacement for the Sebring. You can't imagine an uncooler car.

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I thought halftime sucked out loud. It's way too over the top with the choreography. First of all, they send in 200 pre-planned "groupies" in Tron Suits to surround the stage and flagellate in lockstep. The band all yells "Yeah....Yeah......Yeah....." over and over and over and over again. Slash sold out. Whole thing just reeked of excess, which is, I guess, pretty much what a Jerry Jones Superbowl is....an exercise in excess.

And WTF with Eminem on every commercial? Is he the hero of the current consumer demographic now? He's pushing Chryslers? Do you think Eminem drives a Chrysler 300? If you believe that, you also believe Tiger Woods drives a Buick. Soon Eminem will have his own theater in Branson.

Let's just cut through the bull and have thug rappers get up, grab their junk and scream "Motherf*cker!!!" over and over, and have big booty strippers rubbing themselves against a stripper pole shaped like the McDonald's Arches.

This is America, damn it...

Wasn't Eminem in only two commercials?

tk13
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I do wonder what it sounded like in the stadium. On TV the music was way too low in the mix. It's dance music, you should be able to actually hear the music.

If they want to be hip, just go all the way and bring Lady Gaga out there. She'd at least do something crazy everyone would be talking about. They'd never have the guts to do that though. So my vote would be for Shakira. She's had a hit since 1980 and the men of the world would still enjoy watching that show, for non-musical reasons.

BryanBusby
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I really won't give a shit about any Super Bowl halftime show until GWAR is in it.

Chiefs Rool
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
did you watch the halftime show and expect it to be great? why do you feel raped? I knew it was going to suck going in.

FAX
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I really won't give a shit about any Super Bowl halftime show until GWAR is in it.

Yep. A decapitated ogre spewing neck blood over hell and half of Georgia is just the ticket.

FAX

gblowfish
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Well, they have to spread the demographic just a bit.
How bout GWAR with Justin Beiber in a "Glee" skit?

blaise
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
The Black Eyed Peas wardrobe looked like they raided the leftovers from 1980's Dr. Who.

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
did you watch the halftime show and expect it to be great? why do you feel raped? I knew it was going to suck going in.

try reading the thread before responding....it works

gblowfish
02-07-2011, 11:48 AM
The Black Eyed Peas wardrobe looked like they raided the leftovers from 1980's Dr. Who.

Superbowl halftimes have always been pretty frickin' weird.
Four different ones had "Up With People" as the featured group.
Yikes.

Also featured artist have included George Burns & Mickey Rooney, Carol Channing, Andy Williams, and New Kids on the Block.

Double Yikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

Predarat
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
The half time show was awful, the last decent show was in 2007, Prince and the Marching band. 2006 with the Rolling Stones was pretty damn good!

FringeNC
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
A competing network needs to run a perfectly-timed special during halftime, like MTV did with Beavis and Butthead years ago...

Halftime shows are guaranteed to suck because they are going after a different demographic.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Actually the NFL vetoed who the Cowboys wanted for the halftime show, Kenny Chesney.

SNR
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
I hear people saying "all halftime shows are bad".

True, but rarely do you get a halftime show that makes you wish you were dead. Terrible singing, terrible mixing, terrible sound, terrible arrangements... everything was terrible. Terrible arrangements especially... why aren't we talking about that? Who said it sounded good to scream at the top of your lungs to an upbeat song (non death metal) as a way of transitioning into something from fucking Grease?

Oh, and auto-tune. Fuck auto-tune. In the ass.

I never was a fan of BEPs. Now I despise them. And Fergie, too. Bitch can't sing. Bitch can't dance. And bitch ain't that hot.

Fuck me. It's sad fucking shit that so many people in this country think these people are good singers.

tk13
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm actually amazed no one has tried to go after Garth Brooks. But they probably have.

Frazod
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Honestly, I barely paid attention to the game. TV wasn't on yet, so I missed the anthem disaster. I missed the first two touchdowns while taking a dump. Drove back from my friend's house at halftime so I missed all the Black Eyed Pea stuff. I'm old enough that when you say "Fergie" I think the fat chick from the royal family. Couldn't pick the other one out of a police lineup. If I've ever heard a Black Eyed Pea song I don't remember it, and if I did it probably annoyed me. And once I got home, I played Mass Effect 2 and had the game on in the background. Honestly the only part of the game I paid any real attention to the was the final failed drive.

I think I remember three of the commercials well enough to discuss them. Unfortunately, one of them was that cringe-inducing Doritos commercial where the guy sucked on the other guy's fingers. Ewwwwwwwwww.

Sadly, however, I have no plans to buy a Volkswagen or any quantity of Budweiser, which still tastes like overcarbonated piss no matter how much they spend on commercials. And the homo finger sucking bit doesn't exactly make me long for a bag of Doritos, either.

Don't really care that the Packers won. I am sort of happy that the $tealer$ and Rapelessburger lost. But I really don't feel strongly about it either way. I'm mainly glad it's over because I'm sick of hearing about it.

I guess I'm a Bad American. At least a Bad Commercial American.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm actually amazed no one has tried to go after Garth Brooks. But they probably have.

He would be a great choice but this probally why he hasn't been asked:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXVII#Television_and_entertainment

By the way that year's lineup will be hard to be beat:
Michael Jackson - Halftime
Garth Brooks - National Anthem

notorious
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Nothing can top that.

/Thread

Saccopoo
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Prince.

the Talking Can
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM
A competing network needs to run a perfectly-timed special during halftime, like MTV did with Beavis and Butthead years ago...

yes please

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2011, 12:58 PM

None of them are going to do that bc they all NFL rights to games now.

morphius
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Really, the only shocking thing about the half time show was that the sound guys were that far off their game. While some BEP songs might be catchy, I've now seen pieces of a few of their live shows on TV and they have all been terrible. I also enjoyed when Usher dropped down and I couldn't distinguish his great auto tuned voice over the BEP guy who was "singing" with him.

But luckily I think it was bad enough that the NFL will have to find someone else to mess it up next year.

-King-
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
None of them are going to do that bc they all NFL rights to games now.

Huh?

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Huh?

All of the networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN) own the majority of the other stations. They are not going to damage their image with the NFL to go after a ratings score when it could backfire on them.

gochiefs_va
02-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Last good Super Bowl halftime show, was Tom Petty. Every other one is crap.

Halfcan
02-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I couldn't hear them, I just saw the costumes. It looked like a high school play or something. Or like a really low budget sci-fi movie.

ROFL:thumb:

The outfit that lit up was the worst-wtf were they thinking-LOL

Saccopoo
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
And seriously...don't the Black Eyed Peas have any other songs? Why do I have to continue to watch them do the same four fucking songs year in and year out on every awards show, sports thing, whatever?

It was horrible. Just horrible. I was a little embarrassed for them actually.

R&GHomer
02-07-2011, 02:20 PM

I don't know. I thought the Bono halftime show was pretty good.

Last nights show was complete ass. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

JD10367
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
2girls1cup... Live!

DJJasonp
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
They (networks) really need to get rid of this "It's MORE than a GAME!!!!" mentality!

I watched a replay of super bowl 14 on the NFL network the other day.....loved how "matter of fact" the announcers were (Summeral was one of them).

Reading the declaration of independence...singing "god bless america"....half-time shows that rival vegas-show ridiculousness.....it all needs to go (or put it on a different channel like how the olympics splits it's broadcast feeds).

In the end....it IS just a game.....not a political statement or vegas show.

tooge
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Well, they have to spread the demographic just a bit.
How bout GWAR with Justin Beiber in a "Glee" skit?

Better yet, GWAR with Justin Beiber in a six foot hole. I'll implode if that teenybopper is a half time show

Swanman
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Actually the NFL vetoed who the Cowboys wanted for the halftime show, Kenny Chesney.

That is who I was thinking would really work for a halftime show. I am not a huge fan of country music but have seen him live and he puts on a helluva show. Plus, even though he is labeled country, it's really mainstream country and would appeal to a real wide demographic.

Simply Red
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
I was listening to them in 1997

MOhillbilly
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
FEAR

keg in kc
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
They (networks) really need to get rid of this "It's MORE than a GAME!!!!" mentality!

I watched a replay of super bowl 14 on the NFL network the other day.....loved how "matter of fact" the announcers were (Summeral was one of them).

Reading the declaration of independence...singing "god bless america"....half-time shows that rival vegas-show ridiculousness.....it all needs to go (or put it on a different channel like how the olympics splits it's broadcast feeds).

In the end....it IS just a game.....not a political statement or vegas show.I was actually thinking about this last night.

Watching the superbowl is like watching Wrestlemania, with the addition of really expensive commercials. It's built with exactly the same mentality.

Von Dumbass
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UmJZn.jpg

VAChief
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
That was the best of recent memory IMO. Petty appeals to young and old, rock and country. I guess not so much to the urban r&b/hiphop crowd though.

I didn't think Black Eyed Peas was that bad although I agree that the mix was pretty bad. At least no one can complain that they were lip syncing.

Petty always sounds true to form. I thought the BEP's were a good choice considering some of the recent less than stellar geriatric performances (The Who were particularly awful) however their vocal performance was like a bad nightmare. I was thinking "can they even hear what they sound like." If there had been a gong I would have gone Chuck Barris on them after about 30 seconds!

VAChief
02-07-2011, 03:58 PM

He's still too young.

black angus
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Why? Kenny Chesney would have been MUCH better than that garbage.
The game was in Texas.

JD10367
02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Actually, what would've been really cool would've been Kenny Chesney and ZZ Top together.

KurtCobain
02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Actually, what would've been really cool would've been Kenny Chesney and ZZ Top together.

That does sound really cool.

listopencil
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
...and have big booty strippers rubbing themselves against a stripper pole shaped like the McDonald's Arches.

Fuck yeah!

Bump
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
are you guys really that lame? That was one of the best half time shows in recent history. It was fun and the music was great.

stevieray
02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
am I really that lame? That was one of the best half time shows in recent history. It was fun and the music was great.

I hear ya.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I want Prince back.

Phobia
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
are you guys really that lame? That was one of the best half time shows in recent history. It was fun and the music was great.

I really liked the plastic hairmet. I want one of those in a bad way. Plus a ninja suit with Christmas lights.

Baconeater
02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I can't say it surprises me that an idiot like you would enjoy something like that.

JD10367
02-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Capitalize that "a" at the beginning, douchenozzle.

LiveSteam
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/260898/2_62_prince_silhouette1.jpg

brilliant

Baconeater
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Prince is a pillowbitergot.

LiveSteam
02-07-2011, 08:10 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/02/07/peas_540x418.jpg

dumbest thing EVER!!!!!!

LiveSteam
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Awesome & the only 1/2 time show i have ever watched
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lHJ0hJnljgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baconeater
02-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Paul McCartney, Tom Petty and The Who were all decent halftime shows.

RedNFeisty
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I actually liked the halftime show. I liked that they didn't lip sync, you could tell Fergie was really singing. I liked the lit up dancers all around. I liked how the stage started out as a 9, then transformed into the word "Love". Loved that Fergie sang Sweet Child of Mine, standing next to Slash. I enjoyed the whole show. Usher was a nice touch, too.

:D

KurtCobain
02-07-2011, 08:56 PM
you could tell Fergie was really singing.
If you want to call it singing.

Loved that Fergie sang Sweet Child of Mine, standing next to Slash.
I thought it was funny that she sounded more like a dude than Axl Rose.

RJ
02-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Every year lots of folks complain about the halftime show. I don't know why. There is a very small halftime window in which to try to please eleventy billion viewers covering every imaginable demographic in the country. I didn't enjoy last night's show, but then I don't like the Black Eyed Peas. So go figure.

Personally I'd do away with the musical act and keep it to things football related. But I'm certainly not the demographic they're looking to appeal to, therefore my opinion doesn't count.

Phobia
02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I actually liked the halftime show. I liked that they didn't lip sync, you could tell Fergie was really singing. I liked the lit up dancers all around. I liked how the stage started out as a 9, then transformed into the word "Love". Loved that Fergie sang Sweet Child of Mine, standing next to Slash. I enjoyed the whole show. Usher was a nice touch, too.

You know, I like Fergie. I think she performed one of the most amazing covers of Barracuda ever. I think she has a powerful voice. But she was awful last night. I can't sing and I'm fully confident I could have sounded just as bad during the Sweet Child of Mine song.

KurtCobain
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm young and probably the demographic they were trying to hit with the BEP, but I personally hate those guys.

Before last year the only Who song I knew was the Who are you song, and I ended up loving the whole show. I thought it was great. They should've stuck to some sort of rock.

A badass mix of Kid Rock, AC/DC, Eminem, Rihanna and Kenny Chesney would've pleased quite a few. They could started with some "Back in Black", and brought Kid in with his new Baseball season song,(born free?) and had him play a faster song to set up for eminem, who then could've switched to his Rihanna song after a dif em song, and she could've done her thing. Then bring back out Kid with Chesney doing something and boom. Awesome halftime show. And they all probably would've done it.

Baconeater
02-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Every year lots of folks complain about the halftime show. I don't know why. There is a very small halftime window in which to try to please eleventy billion viewers covering every imaginable demographic in the country. I didn't enjoy last night's show, but then I don't like the Black Eyed Peas. So go figure.

Personally I'd do away with the musical act and keep it to things football related. But I'm certainly not the demographic they're looking to appeal to, therefore my opinion doesn't count.
I agree, musical tastes vary so widely that it's impossible to please anything but a small minority of viewers. Although I'm not sure what else they can do since the goal is to dumb it down for the non-football fans.

RedNFeisty
02-07-2011, 09:14 PM
You know, I like Fergie. I think she performed one of the most amazing covers of Barracuda ever. I think she has a powerful voice. But she was awful last night. I can't sing and I'm fully confident I could have sounded just as bad during the Sweet Child of Mine song.

What impressed me the most about her sing? The fact it was live, it was actually her singing and not a recording. Maybe since I am nearly tone deaf, I don't notice all the mistakes and all the rough edges...lol

stevieray
02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I actually liked the halftime show.
...that's cause you're a chick... you prolly liked the pink in the unis this year too.

Phobia
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
What impressed me the most about her sing? The fact it was live, it was actually her singing and not a recording. Maybe since I am nearly tone deaf, I don't notice all the mistakes and all the rough edges...lol

She can sing. There's no question about that. But she did not sing well last night. About 80% of it was production errors. Their monitors probably sucked or were not working at all. Somebody had her mike all jacked up too. Those things are not her fault.

KcMizzou
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Halftime shows always suck. But Prince's was the best in recent memory.

boogblaster
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
bep suck

Mile High Mania
02-08-2011, 04:33 AM
I haven't seen it on TV, but it really wasn't that bad at all at the stadium ... the entire place popped pretty well during their performance. The sound and everything was good as well.

Radar Chief
02-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Fergie + no wardrobe malfunction = fail.

T-post Tom
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Fergie...corn...poop

Sofa King
02-09-2011, 09:07 AM
A few moments with Fergie
February, 7, 2011 Feb 712:47PM ETEmail Print You meet the strangest people in a giant cargo elevator after a Super Bowl.

A lady pushing a giant trash can. A giant guy with a dolly full of Bud Light.

And Fergie.

Yes, that Fergie -- lead singer of the hip-hop super group the Black Eyed Peas, her five-inch heels spiking trash as she walked in. She was there -- much shorter than you'd think -- among the debris and crates in a giant elevator leaving the top floor of Cowboys Stadium on Sunday night, not two hours after she'd performed at halftime.

She was drunk with relief at having gotten through it without a major catastrophe. At least that's what I think she was drunk with. Whatever the reason, she was pain-free and loving life.

"I really have no idea how we did," she gushed. "I'm just SO glad it's over and nothing horrible happened."

Did she know about the problems with sound cutting out on her mike?

"No."

Did she know about Christina Aguilera remixing the lyrics to the national anthem.

"No!" she said. "She did?"

Fergie was with her husband, actor Josh Duhamel, and her dad, Jon, which is what made her next question a little awkward.

"Did you like my outfit?"

It was a tight, low-cut, Tron-like black-and-silver number that lit up electronically to the music, part of an elaborate technological light show that looked stupendous in person but washed out on TV.

"Absolutely!" I said.

"Did you know they had to make a plaster cast of my chest for that?" she giggled.

I looked at Duhamel. He's 6-foot-3 and used to play quarterback at Minot State (N.D.). I looked at her dad, who used to coach football in Santa Barbara.

They awaited my reply.

"Did you get to keep it? Because you could get a lot for that on eBay."

She laughed. Duhamel seemed satisfied. Then her dad came up and asked if I thought the NFL would use the Black Eyed Peas again for halftime.

"Why?"

"Because I'd like to come every year. That was really fun."

Hey, at least one family enjoyed North Texas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/rick-reilly-go-fish/post/_/id/830/fergies-lasting-impression