PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos may trade away the #2 pick

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Broncos | Willing to trade first round pick?
Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:52:38 -0800

Denver Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway indicated that the team may be willing to trade the second overall pick if the salaries given to draft picks remain the same under a new collective bargaining agreement, reports Dave Kreiger, of The Denver Post. "We're in the process of setting that board up. The board is set, but as far as where we're going to go with it, we don't really know until we find out what's going to go on the collective bargaining agreement, because obviously that second pick is an expensive pick if it stays as it is. That's what we're hoping, that the collective bargaining agreement comes together quickly, and then once that comes together we can kind of figure out our philosophy going into this draft. Because where we are, we've got three picks in the top 46 picks, so we've got to make sure those hit, especially that second pick, because we totally wasted our 1st round picks last year. What McDaniels did has set us back at least 8 years I figure " Elway said.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
I think I love Horseface.

CrazyPhuD
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
to who?

Kraus
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
so we've got to make sure those hit, especially that second pick, because we totally wasted our 1st round picks last year. What McDaniels did has set us back at least 8 years I figure " Elway said.

ROFL

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
oh burn.

Count Zarth
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
He edited that quote.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I think I love Horseface. QUEER!

:p

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
to who?

I guess to anyone willing to fork over a 6th rounder and a 7th rounder in 2018

|Zach|
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Not sure who would want that.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Over-Head;7414406]QUEER!

I'm sorry , you must have mistaken me for a Raiders fan.

Halfcan
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Horseface is going to set that franchise back a decade-welcome to the bottom donk fans-lol

Donger
02-07-2011, 02:37 PM
The actual:

Denver Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway indicated that the team may be willing to trade the second overall pick if the salaries given to draft picks remain the same under a new collective bargaining agreement, reports Dave Kreiger, of The Denver Post. "We're in the process of setting that board up. The board is set, but as far as where we're going to go with it, we don't really know until we find out what's going to go on the collective bargaining agreement, because obviously that second pick is an expensive pick if it stays as it is. That's what we're hoping, that the collective bargaining agreement comes together quickly, and then once that comes together we can kind of figure out our philosophy going into this draft. Because where we are, we've got three picks in the top 46 picks, so we've got to make sure those hit, especially that second pick," Elway said.

ChiefsCountry
I'll would give them Cassel for #2 and Orton.

Over-Head
[quote=Over-Head;7414406]QUEER!

I'm sorry , you must have mistaken me for a Raiders fan.

Nope, we actually know how to quote someone :D

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Horseface is going to set that franchise back a decade-welcome to the bottom donk fans-lol Oh happy day....we wont be 4th in the AFCW for a while yet :thumb:

Short Leash Hootie
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I would give them cassel for orton.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Rain Man
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
The actual:

Denver Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway indicated that the team may be willing to trade the second overall pick if the salaries given to draft picks remain the same under a new collective bargaining agreement, reports Dave Kreiger, of The Denver Post. "We're in the process of setting that board up. The board is set, but as far as where we're going to go with it, we don't really know until we find out what's going to go on the collective bargaining agreement, because obviously that second pick is an expensive pick if it stays as it is. That's what we're hoping, that the collective bargaining agreement comes together quickly, and then once that comes together we can kind of figure out our philosophy going into this draft. Because where we are, we've got three picks in the top 46 picks, so we've got to make sure those hit, especially that second pick," Elway said.

Elway will never invest a high draft pick on a potential superstar, because he doesn't want anyone else on the pedestal with him. We all know it.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh happy day....we wont be 4th in the AFCW for a while yet :thumb:

Man, If I were you I wouldn't get excited about that unless Al Davis dies.

Pestilence
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd give up Cassel and our 1st for Orton and the #2.

Over-Head
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Man, If I were you I wouldn't get excited about that unless Al Davis dies. Gee thanks...piss on my parade,,,GO AHEAD!! :(

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Elway will never invest a high draft pick on a potential superstar, because he doesn't want anyone else on the pedestal with him. We all know it.

I hope there's a lot of truth in this and he keeps Tebow around for years.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Copy cat. But man we could take Gabbert, let Orton run the show for a couple years and then kick ass. Come on Scott get it done. :p

Mr. Laz
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll would give them Cassel for #2 and Orton.
in a heartbeat

Sofa King
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM

that would be a ****ing steal.

EDIT: for us.

notorious
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Good Luck, Denver, for you are not going to get shit for it with this draft class.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd trade them Cassel and #21 for their #2.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Lackey:

"Pioli's on the phone with an offer for Cassel".

Elway:

ROFLROFLROFL

MagicHef
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd trade them Cassel and #21 for their #2.

I would not trade the #2 for Cassel and #21.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
The talent in this draft is dogshit. The best case is we trade down(near impossible) and then there is no 2011 season; then we get the second pick again in the following draft.

DaFace
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Count me in as one who doesn't find the edits amusing.

That said, it'll be interesting if they get any takers. The Chiefs have wanted to trade out of the top picks in the past few years, but it's just damn hard to find someone who will give you decent value in a trade. It all depends on how the CBA goes, though.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM

That said, it'll be interesting if they get any takers. The Chiefs have wanted to trade out of the top picks in the past few years, but it's just damn hard to find someone who will give you decent value in a trade. It all depends on how the CBA goes, though.

Exactly...you can trade out of the high picks, but you aren't going to get the value in return

kysirsoze
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM

This.

Okie_Apparition
02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Like this dumbass knows how to translate dunken horse.

Chiefs Rool
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
maybe we could give them cassel and tyson jackson for it

listopencil
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Of course you would, because that's a ridiculous trade. Hey. I'll trade you some belly button lint for fifty dollars.

Brock
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Of course you would, because that's a ridiculous trade. Hey. I'll trade you some belly button lint for fifty dollars.

I'll take it! /Mcdaniel

listopencil
02-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll take it! /Mcdaniel

Good thing for us McD is gone. He'd probably throw in next year's first.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Good thing for us McD is gone. He'd probably throw in next year's first.

Good thing he's in St. Louis.:thumb:

BigRedChief
02-07-2011, 06:13 PM
to who?No chit. Have they looked at how many teams have traded out of a top 5 pick the last few years?

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
No chit. Have they looked at how many teams have traded out of a top 5 pick the last few years?

Only one I can think of recently is the Browns(but they got a shit load of 3rd rounders in return).

Phobia
02-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Q: What's the difference between somebody who fabricates their own quotes to mislead people intentionally and somebody who uses an actual quote for a double-meaning to mislead people intentionally?

listopencil
02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Good thing he's in St. Louis.:thumb:

I think he's going to be fine there. The biggest problem w/ having McD in Denver was the weakness in our Front Office. Nobody was around to slap him in the back of the head when he tried to do stupid shit. I'll even say he'll most likely be an outstanding OC for you guys.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I think he's going to be fine there. The biggest problem w/ having McD in Denver was the weakness in our Front Office. Nobody was around to slap him in the back of the head when he tried to do stupid shit. I'll even say he'll most likely be an outstanding OC for you guys.

I'm just worried a bit that Sam may take a step back this year when he made a lot of progress last year.

DaFace
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Q: What's the difference between somebody who fabricates their own quotes to mislead people intentionally and somebody who uses an actual quote for a double-meaning to mislead people intentionally?

Probably not much if you're alluding to the "no misleading threads" rule. We've always been more lenient toward such practices when they're funny, though. And I guess some people might find this funny. One could certainly argue that this should be bannable, though.

BigRedChief
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Q: What's the difference between somebody who fabricates their own quotes to mislead people intentionally and somebody who uses an actual quote for a double-meaning to mislead people intentionally?This is not a cool precedent. We ban people for passing off fake threads as real. But passing off fake quotes as real is okay?

The ones in the past have been over the top and usually stood alone and not as part of a story.

Not calling for banning, Just lets not get carried away with fake quotes on the board.

Phobia
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Probably not much if you're alluding to the "no misleading threads" rule. We've always been more lenient toward such practices when they're funny, though. And I guess some people might find this funny. One could certainly argue that this should be bannable, though.

I don't think the falsified quote is cool at all. At least the misleading titles are true and funny - at least I thought they were funny when presented correctly.

Phobia
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm not calling for anybody to be banned either but if this isn't nipped, it's going to become a problem.

listopencil
02-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm just worried a bit that Sam may take a step back this year when he made a lot of progress last year.

Nah, McD really is a very good teacher and he understands the passing game. Should work out pretty well for you guys.

Rams Fan
02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Nah, McD really is a very good teacher and he understands the passing game. Should work out pretty well for you guys.

If it doesn't, Spags may lose his job...

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not calling for anybody to be banned either but if this isn't nipped, it's going to become a problem.

I don't think so. CP during the offseason needs to have a little rival fun. Stirring up the other side is a good thing

BigRedChief
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think so. CP during the offseason needs to have a little rival fun. Stirring up the other side is a good thingthats a fine and dandy goal. But there are other ways to do that than fake quotes.

FringeNC
02-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Good luck trading out of it.

Bump
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
thats what we should have done with that #3 pick we had.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Gee, nobody bitched when RM did that.

DaFace
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM

To be fair, his thread started with a disclaimer that he'd added the stuff in bold. Yours makes it sound like Elway actually said that, which is "misleading" by a strict definition of da rulez.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
To be fair, his thread started with a disclaimer that he'd added the stuff in bold. Yours makes it sound like Elway actually said that, which is "misleading" by a strict definition of da rulez.

That's cheating !

cabletech94
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
That's cheating !

who cares?!!
and where are the tags?

Phobia
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Never saw it. I had it tagged for a fake the moment I read it so I'm not so much concerned for my sake. I'm worried about the dumb people like Clay who will cut & paste it elsewhere saying he go it from ChiefsPlanet.

Hog Farmer
02-07-2011, 07:04 PM
How bout this : The Annunaki told me today that we better get ready to start building some pyramids or there will be a world of hurt upon us .So,anybody that's not in shape has 30 days to get in shape. You can't prove that's not a real quote !

crossbow
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
How bout this : The Annunaki told me today that we better get ready to start building some pyramids or there will be a world of hurt upon us .So,anybody that's not in shape has 30 days to get in shape. You can't prove that's not a real quote !

Man I like your posts but take my advice: Just admit this was a bad idea, apologize and move on. People are raising polite objections and giving you an out with a chance to keep your well earned respect. Take the gift and learn from it.

A board's integrity is critical if it wants to have legitimacy. Its members police themselves to keep its reputation high. Even by our standards !

Count Zarth
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm worried about the dumb people like Clay who will cut & paste it elsewhere saying he go it from ChiefsPlanet.

Fuck you. Douchebag.

He edited that quote.

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
No chit. Have they looked at how many teams have traded out of a top 5 pick the last few years?
I'd like to think it's more of a "why pay 60mill for a bust (like we did in Oakland) when you can go half price for a solid "Blue Chip" 2-3-4th rounder who will more than likely be wayyyy more productive over his career", than the fact that "golly gee what do you mean this kid who had an amazing "Sugar Bowl" isn't worth a gazillion bucks just because he's never played a single down as a pro "

Owners ain't compleatly stunned.

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Is there any way to set the coding so you can't manipulate something quoted?

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 07:36 AM
**** you. Douchebag.
Pot calling the kettle black there goatboy

Mile High Mania
02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I have no problem with the trading down to 10 or so and picking up a few more picks, they have several holes to fill.