PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto In Oregon and New Jersey, it is illegal to pump your own gas

Shogun
02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Mind = Shattered

Buck
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow I thought you were kidding.

pr_capone
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Mind = Shattered

They expect a tip in Jersey too... dunno bout Oregon.

Shogun
02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
If it wasnt for all the guido phaggots and duck faced women i would move to NJ for the gas

Buck
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
If it wasnt for all the guido phaggots and duck faced women i would move to NJ for the gas

Protip: Bottom left corner of ChiefsPlanet click dropdown box and choose Full Featured (uncensored), then you won't have any words censored for you and the ones who want stuff like pillowbitergot censored will.

The More You Know.

Edit: Apparently that word is censored, but either way spelling it using a Ph just looks stupid.

Shogun
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Protip: Bottom left corner of ChiefsPlanet click dropdown box and choose Full Featured (uncensored), then you won't have any words censored for you and the ones who want stuff like pillowbitergot censored will.

The More You Know.

Edit: Apparently that word is censored, but either way spelling it using a Ph just looks stupid.

Jesus, thank you. I owe you a rep

Buck
02-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Jesus, thank you. I owe you a rep

Fucknugget

Buck
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I only wrote that so you could test out your new ride.

58kcfan89
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Wow I thought you were kidding.

Interned in New Jersey this summer, they kept offering to pump my gas & I kept waving them off. My last day as I was filling up to drive back home, the guy says "You're not from around here, are you?" I said no, then he said if a cop saw me pumping my gas, he could fine both of us for some ridiculous amount of money. Blew my mind. And then I got the fuck out of that state.

teedubya
02-07-2011, 10:59 PM
It's their way to stimulate the economy... hiring gas pumpers fills up lots of jobs in NJ and Oregon, I guess. lol

CrazyPhuD
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I can't believe it's not illegal to pump your boss's wife but it illegal to pump her gas.

Shogun
02-07-2011, 11:14 PM
BUCK IS A FAGGOT!

Shogun
02-07-2011, 11:14 PM
BUCK IS A pillowbiterGOT!

:(

wat

Baconeater
02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I remember not being able to pump my own gas at a several places in northern CA when I was on my honeymoon in 1993, I assumed it was the law there as well. Or maybe it was back then and it's not now.

CrazyPhuD
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Well it's definitely not the current law in CA anyplace I've been.

HoneyBadger
02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I remember not being able to pump my own gas at a several places in northern CA when I was on my honeymoon in 1993, I assumed it was the law there as well. Or maybe it was back then and it's not now.

I think you got scammed, they just wanted a tip. Smart bastards.

AndChiefs
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM

I lived in Oregon for 7 years...never had anyone expect a tip.

Rudy lost the toss
02-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Hooray for jobs!

-King-
02-08-2011, 03:15 AM

Is pumping your own gas really that hard?
Posted via Mobile Device

2bikemike
02-08-2011, 05:23 AM
I have traveled through both Jersey and Oregon on my bike. The have always allowed me to fill it it myself. Seems most of the gas jockeys preferred that.

Pushead2
02-08-2011, 05:53 AM

false.....I gas up in Jersey at the same station all the time. Never tipped & never got the feeling that the two dudes wanted one.

Saulbadguy
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
In New Jersey, it's a teamster thing.

Toadkiller
02-08-2011, 07:44 AM
When I first moved to Oregon from Calif it bothered me I couldn't pump my own gas. Now I am a lazy bastard and love it, no getting out in the cold and rain. Also you do not tip them.

Deberg_1990
02-08-2011, 08:10 AM
In New Jersey, it's a teamster thing.

No wonder they were so slow and lazy when i was there last year.

They took forever to fill my car.

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 08:12 AM

:spock:

Huh, where did you get your gas?

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 08:13 AM
And I am not so sure this is true. it's not self serve like in the midwest. but Ive grabbed the pump recently and have had no issues in this shithole state of NJ.

notorious
02-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I wonder how much more they have to charge per gallon to have "Pumpers" working.

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
I wonder how much more they have to charge per gallon to have "Pumpers" working.

Gas is cheaper here because it's closer to the port from which it came. it gets pricey when it has to be shipped west.

And these pumpers here are Indian retards. that move like molasses.

FAX
02-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I like the idea you don't pump your own gas in Oregon, frankly. Creates jobs and you don't have to get out of your car.

I also like the idea that, unlike here in Tennessee, you are required to have a permit in order to clear cut 100 year-old trees so you can build a cheap, frame house.

FAX

notorious
02-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Gas is cheaper here because it's closer to the port from which it came. it gets pricey when it has to be shipped west.

And these pumpers here are Indian retards. that move like molasses.

LOL.

Which kind of Indian?

http://www.american-indian-artwork.com/images/native-american.jpg

or

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XKLjdYoxJ50/SPyzGt9aQDI/AAAAAAAACTY/TZv33oa4Wwc/apu.jpg

Deberg_1990
02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Dear Yahoo!:
Why is it illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey?
Christina
Massapequa, New York

Dear Christina:
The Garden State is one of two states where it's illegal to fill 'er up yourself. Only gas station owners or employees can pump gas in New Jersey and Oregon -- "the only two states atavistic, sadistic, and masochistic enough to still require thousands of 'professionals' to waste time, money, and inconvenience customers," according to one columnist.
The ban on self-service gas stations is a highly combustible issue and makes for some heated debates. New Jersey passed the law making it illegal to pump your own gas in 1949. At the time, legislators felt it was too dangerous to have untrained people dispensing such a flammable liquid.

That may have been sensible at the time, but pumping gas is much safer today, and some motorists feel the ban is outdated and needs to go. Opponents of the law argue that removing it would lower the cost of gas and make refueling much quicker and more convenient. Proponents of the ban argue that it creates jobs and customers like full service.

Whatever your position on the matter, next time you're in Jersey and need to refuel, take the opportunity to relax in the comfort of your car while the gas station attendant does the dirty work.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040715.html

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 08:54 AM
LOL.

Which kind of Indian?

http://www.american-indian-artwork.com/images/native-american.jpg

or

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XKLjdYoxJ50/SPyzGt9aQDI/AAAAAAAACTY/TZv33oa4Wwc/apu.jpg

LOL! The what it be bro type from bachelor Party. not American Indian with scared feathers aka chief j strongbow. the ones next to pakistan.

Donger
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
I remember the first time I stopped to get gas in Oregon. I thought I was being jacked off.

notorious
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I remember the first time I stopped to get gas in Oregon. I thought I was being jacked off.

Car-jacked?

You are awesome Donger. ROFL

Donger
02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Car-jacked?

You are awesome Donger. ROFL

:facepalm:

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Im glad I wasnt the only one who didnt get it.

JD10367
02-08-2011, 09:42 AM

AFAIK almost none of the people on "Jersey Shore" are actually from Jersey. Most of the "guido phaggots and duck faced women" are from NYC and CT and PA.

JD10367
02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Dear Yahoo!:
Why is it illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey?
Christina
Massapequa, New York

Dear Christina:
The Garden State is one of two states where it's illegal to fill 'er up yourself. Only gas station owners or employees can pump gas in New Jersey and Oregon -- "the only two states atavistic, sadistic, and masochistic enough to still require thousands of 'professionals' to waste time, money, and inconvenience customers," according to one columnist.
The ban on self-service gas stations is a highly combustible issue and makes for some heated debates. New Jersey passed the law making it illegal to pump your own gas in 1949. At the time, legislators felt it was too dangerous to have untrained people dispensing such a flammable liquid.

That may have been sensible at the time, but pumping gas is much safer today, and some motorists feel the ban is outdated and needs to go. Opponents of the law argue that removing it would lower the cost of gas and make refueling much quicker and more convenient. Proponents of the ban argue that it creates jobs and customers like full service.

Whatever your position on the matter, next time you're in Jersey and need to refuel, take the opportunity to relax in the comfort of your car while the gas station attendant does the dirty work.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040715.html

My wife is from NJ so we're there fairly often. From my experience in NJ, the cost of gas doesn't seem to be affected. And they're pretty quick about pumping. And we never tip them. And if the weather sucks, it's kinda nice to not have to get out of your car.

It's funny, though. They only have one full-serv station near where we live, and she goes out of her way to use it. LMAO

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
AFAIK almost none of the people on "Jersey Shore" are actually from Jersey. Most of the "guido phaggots and duck faced women" are from NYC and CT and PA.

LOL! Most of them are from Staten Island (Guido central). not nyc.

And nobody in their right minds (From NJ anyways) goes to seaside heights for anything anymore. that place lost its burst when ft lauderdale did for spring break.

FAX
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I had the recent misfortune of purchasing gasoline from a Shell station down the street from my home about a month ago. The lady wearing far too much makeup was in the bay next to me smoking a cigarette while pumping gas into her Ford Explorer.

I remember thinking at the time that it would be a damn good idea if she were to blow herself up were it not for the fact that the force of the explosion would undoubtedly cause me to be launched well into the next county and probably singe my jacket.

FAX

JD10367
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
LOL! Most of them are from Staten Island (Guido central). not nyc.

And nobody in their right minds (From NJ anyways) goes to seaside heights for anything anymore. that place lost its burst when ft lauderdale did for spring break.

Staten Island is NYC. It's one of the five boroughs (along with Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx).

Bill Parcells
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Staten Island is NYC. It's one of the five boroughs (along with Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx).

In reality, you're right. but most people not from around here take nyc as Manhattan only.

notorious
02-08-2011, 09:59 AM

Well, you are funny even when you aren't trying to be.

It's not the first nor the last time I will look like a dumbass on CP. :D

Elwaysux
02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I lived in NJ for 12 years. Never pumped my own gas and never tipped nor was expected to. Also gas was ALWAYS more expensive in NY and the communist state of Connecticut then in NJ. Pennsylvania was cheaper sometimes however. I miss it days like today freezing my @#$ off at Waterway.

Rain Man
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Do they also check your oil and your tire pressure and stuff? Because that's the best part.

There's a gas station near my house that has a full service option. For a few cents more per gallon they'll gas you up and check all of the fluids and tire pressure and stuff. It's worth it if you're about to head off on a road trip.

Pushead2
02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
In reality, you're right. but most people not from around here take nyc as Manhattan only.

This irritates me to no end lol

I lived in NJ for 12 years. Never pumped my own gas and never tipped nor was expected to. Also gas was ALWAYS more expensive in NY and the communist state of Connecticut then in NJ. Pennsylvania was cheaper sometimes however. I miss it days like today freezing my @#$ off at Waterway.

that's why I fill up in NJ way cheaper than Queens.

Do they also check your oil and your tire pressure and stuff? Because that's the best part.

There's a gas station near my house that has a full service option. For a few cents more per gallon they'll gas you up and check all of the fluids and tire pressure and stuff. It's worth it if you're about to head off on a road trip.

Some places do & some don't....more if you ask them to...

Frazod
02-08-2011, 10:17 AM

This thread reminds me of the scene from Back to the Future where Marty is taken aback by the platoon of service station attendants who come running when the car pulls up. :D

Valiant
02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
It's their way to stimulate the economy... hiring gas pumpers fills up lots of jobs in NJ and Oregon, I guess. lol

Now I understand why it is so easy for them to fistpump on demand. They gas pump for a career...

notorious
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Must be nice for the gas pumpers to work there. One of the benefits for them is going to the back of the store and grabbing some complimentary 10W30 oil and slapping it into their greased up Guido hairdo.

Bowser
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
In America, gas pumps you

listopencil
02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Protip: Bottom left corner of ChiefsPlanet click dropdown box and choose Full Featured (uncensored)

Thank you, I did not know that.