PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues I hope Iran has been watching the Egypt situation very closely

Der Flöprer
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I think it's clear they want the same thing. I've long though that if everyone refused to work, it would force change. Great day for Egypt, but Iran, I'm looking at you.

Jenson71
02-11-2011, 12:43 PM
There's still a lot of Iranians that like the status quo, unfortunately. It's different than Egypt.

Donger
02-11-2011, 12:45 PM
As long as the military is "anti-change" (to anticipate Obama's attempt to link him and Egypt), this isn't going to happen in Iran.

chiefsnorth
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
They sure are watching. They're looking to see how they can leverage this for their own benefit.

Oh, you mean the people in Iran. They tried this last year and there wasn't enough will among the people to get anything done. You also may recall that they installed their current government in much the same way as Egypt just rejected theirs.

Don't hold your breath.

Iowanian
02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I guess if the Iranian people hadn't backed down so easily....they might have gotten further.

BucEyedPea
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
They sure are watching. They're looking to see how they can leverage this for their own benefit.

As if we're not doing that behind the scenes. :spock:

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Iran doesn't have a US installed puppet dictator, seems simple to me.

HonestChieffan
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Islamists have Iran, its Egypt they want.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM

They already "have" Egypt, i guess it's time to hide the wife and children.

HonestChieffan
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
They already "have" Egypt, i guess it's time to hide the wifs and children.

only if you are there. plus, you can stone them if you just wait a while, no need to hide them.

Jenson71
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
They already "have" Egypt, i guess it's time to hide the wife and children.

Hide cho husbants too!

BucEyedPea
02-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Iran doesn't have a US installed puppet dictator, seems simple to me.

That's what the NeoCons don't like about it. And why they want regime change using false charges of having or getting nukes.

BucEyedPea
02-12-2011, 07:06 AM

It's okay if we do it though.

LaDairis
02-12-2011, 07:14 AM

Thanks 100% to George W Bush. "Islamists" had lost the last three elections in Iran. Then W arrived, proved to them he was more interested in wiping out those at war with those behind 911 than those behind 911, called Iran "evil," and invaded Iraq over intentional lies, putting US forces on both sides of Iran.

Had W followed US national interest instead of 100% selling out to Israel, the US deploys an overwhelming force to Afghan, encircles Osama at Tora Bora, stays out of Iraq, doesn't call Iran "evil," doesn't force the Iranian people to watch Iraqi Sunnis blow up Iraqi Shia mosques as the US invaders tell the Iraqi Shias they cannot arm themselves to stop the bombings...

and Ahmadinejad is a footnote of history of yet another radical fringe candidate who gets thumped in the 2005 election.

W installed Ahmadinejad. Without W, rather with a patriotic US President instead of a sold out sub human traitor, Ahmadinejad is just another toothless out of power radical today, instead of being in charge not just of Iran, but most of Iraq too...

W = "radical islam's bestest buddy and greatest ever recruiter"

patteeu
02-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Ladairis thinks that Iran was all rainbows and unicorns before GWBush mentioned them as a part of the axis of evil. What a dumbass. ROFL

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eDs_b1LRt6I/TUF9tcwmRuI/AAAAAAAAFIc/muUty3PAX0k/s400/rainbows-and-unicorns.jpg

Warrior5
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks 100% to George W Bush. "Islamists" had lost the last three elections in Iran. Then W arrived, proved to them he was more interested in wiping out those at war with those behind 911 than those behind 911, called Iran "evil," and invaded Iraq over intentional lies, putting US forces on both sides of Iran.

Had W followed US national interest instead of 100% selling out to Israel, the US deploys an overwhelming force to Afghan, encircles Osama at Tora Bora, stays out of Iraq, doesn't call Iran "evil," doesn't force the Iranian people to watch Iraqi Sunnis blow up Iraqi Shia mosques as the US invaders tell the Iraqi Shias they cannot arm themselves to stop the bombings...

and Ahmadinejad is a footnote of history of yet another radical fringe candidate who gets thumped in the 2005 election.

W installed Ahmadinejad. Without W, rather with a patriotic US President instead of a sold out sub human traitor, Ahmadinejad is just another toothless out of power radical today, instead of being in charge not just of Iran, but most of Iraq too...

W = "radical islam's bestest buddy and greatest ever recruiter"

Wow. Just wow...

Hydrae
02-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Obviously Algeria was watching. :)

memyselfI
02-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Many, if not most, Iranians would love to see what happened in Egypt happen there. However, there is ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE in the two scenarios...

the police and military were willing to side with the protesters. This prevented any pro-government forces to mobilize and stop what was happening.

This has not yet happened in Iran. When, if, it does you will see the type of change that happened in Egypt. However, I tend to think change in Iran will not come without much bloodshed. Thus, without the authorities on their side, pro-democracy forces are paralyzed.

Thus, the uprising in Iran is closer to that of Tiananmen Square and not Egypt.

LaDairis
02-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Many, if not most, Iranians would love to see what happened in Egypt happen there. However, there is ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE in the two scenarios...

the police and military were willing to side with the protesters. This prevented any pro-government forces to mobilize and stop what was happening.

This has not yet happened in Iran. When, if, it does you will see the type of change that happened in Egypt. However, I tend to think change in Iran will not come without much bloodshed. Thus, without the authorities on their side, pro-democracy forces are paralyzed.

Thus, the uprising in Iran is closer to that of Tiananmen Square and not Egypt.

Perhaps you can explain the "issues" of the Iranian Presidential election of 2005 for the Planet here...

LaDairis
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Ladairis thinks that Iran was all rainbows and unicorns before GWBush mentioned them as a part of the axis of evil. What a dumbass. ROF

From a US perspective, Iran was moderating, and had done nothing of US concern since the 1980s.

But of course, you and W don't give a bleep about the US, and never did, since you only care about the one and only one country on Earth outside of its UN defined border...

the one you admitted yesterday started the shooting in 67, and did nothing but lie about that over and over and over...

memyselfI
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Perhaps you can explain the "issues" of the Iranian Presidential election of 2005 for the Planet here...

In easiest Planet terms here is an analogy:

Basij and IRG are to Ahmednutjob what the butterfly ballot and the Supreme Court were to GWBush.

Iowanian
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope the new Egyptian Govt isn't just a big pyramid scheme that makes a few people rich and disappoints the rest who bought in.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I hope the new Egyptian Govt isn't just a big pyramid scheme that makes a few people rich and disappoints the rest who bought in.

I'm sure it will be more of the same, probably represents the same change as Obama brought. The real question will be if the people demand someone who represents them, and if not the protests continue.

patteeu
02-12-2011, 02:01 PM
From a US perspective, Iran was moderating, and had done nothing of US concern since the 1980s.

But of course, you and W don't give a bleep about the US, and never did, since you only care about the one and only one country on Earth outside of its UN defined border...

the one you admitted yesterday started the shooting in 67, and did nothing but lie about that over and over and over...

1. During to 90's, Iran tried to buy a turnkey nuclear weapons capability from Pakistan through the A.Q. Khan proliferation ring. So much for your "nothing of US concern since the 1980's" :BS:

2. No one but you and your fellow Jew-hating shut-ins were unaware of the events leading up to the Six Day War so I wouldn't call it an "admission". It's common knowledge that the Arabs provoked that war.

go bowe
02-12-2011, 02:27 PM
arabs provoked a war?

surely you are mistaken, you jew-hating subhuman...

oh wait...

HonestChieffan
02-12-2011, 02:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F8XK0QgjHKQ/TVaIISPNpjI/AAAAAAAAr8s/iBQFzIpQkOs/s400/theo4.jpg