PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Patriot Act extended

HonestChieffan
02-14-2011, 06:52 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PATRIOT_ACT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-02-14-19-24-17

KILLER_CLOWN
02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Despite thread(s) here to the contrary, was this ever in doubt?

HonestChieffan
02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Not to me

Taco John
02-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I expected the American KGB would win their extension, despite the best efforts of our best politicians.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EwPKSLJzwjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat2005
02-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I found the last part of the article interesting.

The White House, in a statement last week regarding the House bill, said it "does not object" to the 10-month extension proposed by the House but would prefer continuing the authority through the end of 2012 because "longer duration provides the necessary certainty and predictability that our nation's intelligence and law enforcement agencies require."

How the tune has changed from campaigning for power to being in power.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Let's all keep fighting each other while both political parties lie in bed together thinking of ways to further strip us of our basic freedoms. After all, the fucking boogie man is out there somewhere.

go bowe
02-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Let's all keep fighting each other while both political parties lie in bed together thinking of ways to further strip us of our basic freedoms. After all, the ****ing boogie man is out there somewhere.it does make you wonder, doesn't it?

the dems were all up in arms about how the patriot act took away our freedoms but now they want a long-term extension...

i would have thought they'd at least take out some of the more questionable stuff that rand mentioned...

i wonder how long the boogie man of terrorism will drive our "security" and how far it will continue to restrict our liberties...

apparently the work of the cia and fbi and other agencies has been effective since there have been no successful attacks since 9/11...

how much the patriot act contributed to that success is not really known...

there are no doubt some provisions of the patriot act that make sense and aid our security apparatus, but there are others that should be removed...

a blanket extension just seems like a different day same time kind of thing...